+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A small act that cause big change...

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Default A small act that cause big change...

The oil spill is all our responsibility. If you get sad or angry when you see devastation caused by the spill, never forget we are all consumers in this system.

The electric car is made, it is ready and the reason why its expansive or not at a completed polished stage, it is only because the demand is not there yet...

You want to contribute for the extinction of this old dinosaur of explosion motor? Go to the car seller and ask him for an electric car. The day the car sellers will welcome 10 people a day who ask for electric car, the need will be there, the demand will be there, there will be only the production that will lack. No worry, it will come quickly if sellers sees the new market growing. Research and production will employ in mass and we will soon all have opportunity to choose an economic electric car with awesome specs.

Ask for electric car... What you intend in mass, will manifest quickly.

Namaste, Steven

2. Link to Post #2
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

Default Re: A small act that cause big change...

Come on ... more buying isnt going to stop oil. Oil isnt only used for transportation ... its used in 40-50% of everyday life items ... do you want to stop using all that ??? you cant force a system to change by following its rules and guides. Electric cars are not a proper option. Electricity is made mostly by oil energy factories.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thanks for this thread Steven is time to get serious to do our bit to phase out gas engine cars. Tata Nano cars from India run on compressed air and are relatively inexpensive. In the US the American car manufacturers do not want to import these cars so for us in the US time to write to congress to get on the ball and demand alternative eco friendly vehicles .Hydrogen fuel cars are another viable alternative. The list I think can become very long for optional alternatives to begin to resolved this mess.

Many blessings to you and yours...
    Last edited by frank samuel; 13th June 2010 at 12:56.

4. Link to Post #4
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Electric cars are there
    So are hydrogen ones
    But they're not the answer!
    Why?
    Because both electricity and hydrogen are just energy mediums. Energy need to be generated elsewhere.
    In a coal or gas burning powerhouse. In nuclear reactor. In a hydroelectric dam.
    Even wind farms , so beloved by 'environmentalist' need gas-burning power generators to stabilize their electrical output (not to mention that they litter the landscape and are danger to migrating birds, and cost so much that without subventions are not economically feasible)
    Solar panels are also costly and have very low efficiency and short usable life span (most producers gave 90% power output guarantee for 3 years last time I've checked)
    Solar "
    Closest thing we have to free, clean energy are the geothermal sources, but they cannot be set up everywhere, and are costly.
    So, really, Individual Free Power Source what would really be a gamechanger. Consider that, please.

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I agree SAico the answers are not so simple yet we have to start somewhere to end this madness otherwise we are not going to have a planet left to worry about let alone life in it. There are many great inventors out there that have come out with alternative solutions to ease the frenzy of our oil dependence . Many have been shrug off or bought out, is time for a comeback to common sense solutions.

6. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

The electric car is certainly not the only solution and might not be the best in some countries. But its still the largest and most accessible solution at hand right now.The wheel motor or "moteur roue" from hydro-quebec was simply outstanding. If it is still aside is simply because its specs are remarkable. The French post have been running them since 2006. Small completely electric bus are in Quebec city right now. Hydro electricity is still a very good option.

Now, we have to keep in mind something quite important. No one can live without making a "mark" on Earth. The problem is not to make an impact on Earth, the problem is the overuse of one system at a point where Earth can not regenerate itself properly, and the oil industry is just that. We human, will always make an impact on Earth. What we have to do is to diversify our energetic needs to reach a point where the impact on Earth is not vectorized in one area, but rather diversified into various lesser damaging energetic power. And this we can do.

But as long as we keep arguing without demanding it openly in all kind of conversation, at all level of society, in all the circles of gathered human, nothing will change... A small group of focused people have always been the necessary spark to a new direction. This is what the ground crew is all about.

This week, I will keep doing the same as I do every day. I will bring it up in conversation. I will phone the car sellers and ask them for an alternative. I will write to my depute and ask for it. I will keep my focus so strong on a New Paradigm on Earth and with the many doing the same, we will create what we want...

Namaste, Steven
    Last edited by Steven; 14th June 2010 at 00:32.

+ Reply to Thread