+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 12 16 LastLast

Thread: Orbs

1. Link to Post #221
    United States Avalon Member Molly's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Orbs

Quote Posted by Octavusprime (here)
    That large orb looks like the deathstar!
    dang.. it does!

2. Link to Post #222
    Thanks

Later, I'll share some of my thoughts/experiences with orbs, but for now I will leave you with a couple of my own videos. I have all of the original .jpg files with the original metadata. If anyone would like to see them, let me know and I'll upload them or send a link or something.

I have posted this second video before on Avalon, but here it is again.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carriellbee For This Post:

birddog (9th September 2014), gaiagirl (8th April 2017), Molly (7th January 2014)

4. Link to Post #223
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

chocolate (12th March 2014), Skyhaven (24th August 2014)

6. Link to Post #224
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

wow

here are some of my orby photos

On a beach in Cyprus last year

A few years ago at a family birthday party

Last year in Glastonbury

7. Link to Post #225
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Image doesn't stick for some reason, so removed my post, its in my guestbook anyway, Paula cleaned it up for me some time ago, HUGE blue orb over my head, size of a basketball.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...psa6296c63.jpg

Link works

and now it doesn't, weird, just tested in the sandbox thread and it worked fine, try the link there or otherwise my guestbook if and when interested.
    Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 25th August 2014 at 10:11.

8. Link to Post #226
    Thanks

I photographed this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ornbsa.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	26872

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohannson For This Post:

Roisin (25th August 2014), Wind (25th August 2014)

10. Link to Post #227
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 1,783 posts

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Ahnung-quay (25th August 2014), birddog (9th September 2014), Natalia (25th August 2014)

12. Link to Post #228
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Wow, thanks for sharing that video Roisin

13. Link to Post #229
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 1,783 posts

You're welcome and btw, your orb pics are awesome!!

-----------------------------------
    778 neighbour of some guy --- that link doesn't work.
    Last edited by Roisin; 25th August 2014 at 13:12.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Natalia (25th August 2014)

15. Link to Post #230
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)
    You're welcome and btw, your orb pics are awesome!!

-----------------------------------
    778 neighbour of some guy --- that link doesn't work.
    Thats what I said, doesnt work, also said, theres a link that does work in the sandbox and the image is also visible in my guestbook ;-)

16. Link to Post #231
    United States Avalon Member cfho83's Avatar
    Thanks

i see these orbs everyday with the naked eye. i've consulted with many ppl as to their origins, but i've yet to get an answer. sometimes i can see a single orb and sometimes i can see a group of orbs moving as a group. i see them daily without a camera, i drew what a group looks like but it doesn't do the actual orbs justice,

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfho83 For This Post:

Carmen (9th September 2014), Wind (9th September 2014)

18. Link to Post #232
    Netherlands Avalon Member joamarks's Avatar
    Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to joamarks For This Post:

Casey Claar (27th June 2023)

20. Link to Post #233
    United States Avalon Member SabreToothMom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

Hi, Folks:

Earlier this summer, I visited a grove of Giant Sequoia in Yosemite National Park with a good friend, another Avalonian. As the sun was setting, we were able to find one magnificent tree – a real beauty – which was not fenced off from the public.

We took a few photos… and were rewarded by a quite dazzling display of orbs. The high-resolution images are linked below (too large to post here)… and the detail is fascinating.

This was not pollen or dust. Immediately afterwards, I took another photo of the same tree without either of us in the picture – and the orbs had completely disappeared.

Enjoy.

Here's some detail:

Here's the tree a couple of minutes later with neither of us in the frame:

And here are the images in high resolution -- do have a close look.

http://projectavalon.net/Bill_Ryan_orbs_1.jpg

http://projectavalon.net/Bill_Ryan_orbs_2.jpg

http://projectavalon.net/Bill_Ryan_orbs_3.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful and amazing! So many orbs!!

I can't help but wonder if it's the same three as in this video? At 5:52 on this video Yogi measures the distance around it.. it's amazing how large these trees are. I Would love to visit someday - the whole place looks like one of the more spiritual places the earth has to offer:

21. Link to Post #234
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Mysterious orb spotted at U.S. Space Walk of Fame Museum (VIDEO)

By: Justin Warmoth , WKMG via CNN Wire
    Posted: 6:27 AM, May 20, 2015
    Updayed: 8:57 AM, May 20, 2015

WKMG

TITUSVILLE, Fla. - (WKMG/CNN) A strange object was caught on surveillance video at the U.S. Space Walk of Fame Museum in Titusville.

Employees have noticed an orb-shaped object a couple of times and have no idea what it is.

On two separate occasions in just the last week, the orb was spotted by surveillance cameras.

This video, which has garnered more than 500 views on YouTube, was taken May 12 in a room filled with artifacts, memorabilia and photos from the Mercury and Gemini space programs.

The video shows the mysterious object come into frame, leaves, then comes back before suddenly disappearing.

In a video, taken May 15, you can see it quickly move around toward the bottom of the screen before vanishing once again.

"We can't explain it, nor can the (person) who put in the system for us," Charlie Mars, the president of the U.S. Space Walk of Fame Museum.

Mars said in both instances the lights and air conditioning were turned off, which is why he rules out that that it’s a glare or a floating dust ball, like some staffers think it is.

"There were many items in here that were brought in by people who are no longer with us. They could be coming back to check on it," said Mars.

Mars said this type of unexplainable activity is nothing new for the space museum, which just moved into the 100-year-old building after spending the last 10 years just down the street.

“We have had a number of things like that have occurred over the past 10 to 12 years that we don't have an explanation for and we do love speculating about it," said Mars.

Some wonder whether it could be a ghost in the historic building, which once served as a county records facility.

But for the staff here, whether it's a glare dust ball or perhaps the spirit of Neil Armstrong, it's something for them to talk about.

"We love having something come in unexplainable. and it gives us a chance to interchange with each other and talk about what it will possibly be," said Mars.
    Courtesy: CNN Newsource

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing which bugs me with the video is that when the "orb" moves across the floor then on the glass cabinet, it looks like a flashlight focused beam that changes its elliptical shape according to the orientation of the surface it encounters...

On the other hand, how long till some mad scientist invents some sort of electronic mouse-trap to catch those things in order to "study" them?
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

EvoAwa (5th June 2015), Meggings (21st May 2015)

23. Link to Post #235
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

A friend sent on this picture of a massive blue orb taken in Washington state. the people in the photo have apparently often seen it.
    Attachment 29950

This is a "triple orb" configuration I photographed. The three colours (blue, green, violet) moved in relation to each other, making me think they were separate.
    Attachment 29951

24. Link to Post #236
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

you're sitting in your living room in the late afternoon - the sun is low and shining through a window - most of the light in the room is ambient, but the is a column, or slice of light cutting through the room that is directly from the sun

what do you see?

i think probably all of us have seen alarmingly large amounts of dust floating through the air in similar conditions, except you can tell it's dust because some pieces are large enough that you can make out the actual fibers and -- make a note of this -- your eye, unlike your camera, can focus on the dust

i've skimmed through the bulk of this thread and have seen many other photographs and video documentaries regarding dus... i mean "orbs" and many of them are taken in low light conditions with a flash, or there is another light source that lighting up an area right in front of the lens

what was dust floating around in your home, which no one would argue with that has seen it, looks like an orb to your camera because the lens, unlike your eye, is focused on something in the distance and therefore the "orb", which is very close to the lens, is now extremely blurred ... and round ... and bright because your flash went off - were it not close to the lens, you would never have seen it

more detailed explanations have been offered by a couple others in this thread, but i just had to chime in on this since i have a background in photography and have photographed a number of "orbs" myself - i think pretty much anyone that has a rudimentary knowledge of cameras, lenses, lighting, aperture, depth of field and dust would easily be able to determine exactly what is going on with "orbs"

this is not to say that there isn't AL KINDS of things around us that we are typically not aware of and cannot see - of course there is! but "orbs" that are dust aren't one of them

now, since the orb subscribers will not buy this logic because we, being humans, prefer a mystery over simple explanations, i present you with a challenge - Bill, you too ...

go outside after dark when there's no wind and take a pillow with you

set your cam to auto and the flash to auto

hold the cam a few inches or so over the pillow, but aim it at a dark background that is far off ... and dark, like a tree line or perhaps even the sky on a dark night

press the shutter release half way to let the lens focus so it's ready to shoot

give the pillow a smack with your hand and, at nearly the same time, with your cam right in the middle of the dust cloud that will be dislodged from the pillow, take a picture and upload it here - i have never tried to capture "orbs" on purpose, but tonight i'm going to preform my own experiment (actually i just tried it in a semi-dark room but conditions were not optimal)

these pics by Lazlo say it all...

flash enabled:

flash disabled:

in both cases you can see "orbs", but they are much easier to distinguish when the flash is active ... and lighting the dust in the air that is very, very close to the lens

now i feel bad because i'm afraid i've offended the orbites so please allow me to make it up to you by redirecting your attention to "rods", which, indeed, seem far more interesting than... dust ...

25. Link to Post #237
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

well, well - i didn't have to wait until it was dark out - i captured this on my 1st attempt indoors with the camera looking down a long, fairly dark hallway

i stuck a black t-shirt under the cam to cut light being reflected back into the lens and then gave it smack and took the pic

this is at 6 MP resolution and is the original, full, untouched image, though it is cropped by the forum software - i thought the EXIF data would be intact, but apparently the image upload host stripped it

the full resolution image is here: http://postimg.org/image/duob5ctjx/full/

and this is a crop of an "orb" ...

brightness and contrast raised...

brightness, contrast and sharpened...

that is what illuminated dust look like when it is very close to the lens - look familiar? it looks amazing - almost like cell tissue with a cell wall and nucleus as well

UPDATE: the pix above were sort of cool looking, so i thought i'd try and capture some better ones

same conditions as the first one - indoors - but no alterations to brightness and contrast...

this i only resized...

this one i captured outside - it is likely pollen since i shook a flower right at the camera lens before the capture - notice how it looks pretty much the same as the dust, which i would totally expect since the camera cannot make out any detail because is it way out of focus...

so again, i want to make it clear that i don't think that every picture of an "orb" is necessarily floating debris or dirt on, or between the camera lens elements, however almost every pic i've looked at in this thread (about 60%) is exactly that - there is no doubt in my mind

UPDATE 2:

still not satisfied, i wanted a better pic - this time i sprinkled white baking flour in front of the lens, which i hoped would be more reflective than dust - brightness raised and sharpened slightly...

for reference, here's one of Bill's shots...

Last edited by e.Man; 23rd May 2015 at 01:44. Reason: added more "orbs"

26. Link to Post #238
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

So, e.man, you think these below are from dust? Really?

Quote Posted by Meggings (here)
    A friend sent on this picture of a massive blue orb taken in Washington state. the people in the photo have apparently often seen it.
    Attachment 29950

This is a "triple orb" configuration I photographed. The three colours (blue, green, violet) moved in relation to each other, making me think they were separate.
    Attachment 29951

27. Link to Post #239
    United States Avalon Member SabreToothMom's Avatar
    Thanks

I took this shot yesterday at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, an historic American landmark, first used in 1829 and not shut down until 1971. ("Designed by John Haviland and opened on October 25, 1829, Eastern State is considered to be the world's first true penitentiary. " - wikipedia). Al Capone was one famous prisoner who was held here.

I took many photos during our self-guided audio tour.. here's one that caught my attention (lightened so you can see better) - Wonder what you all think... :

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204EDITED.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	30052

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SabreToothMom For This Post:

Caren (30th May 2015)

29. Link to Post #240
    Great Britain Avalon Member Luxlucis's Avatar
    Thanks

Here are some from my collection.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Luxlucis For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th June 2015), Camilo (30th May 2015), Caren (31st May 2015), earthdreamer (3rd September 2015), EvoAwa (6th June 2015), kirolak (6th June 2015), Marikins (2nd November 2015), Meggings (5th June 2015), Violet (24th August 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 12 16 LastLast