+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst 1 11 61 101 111
Results 2,201 to 2,217 of 2217

Thread: Sun Stuff: What's up!

1. Link to Post #2201
    United States Avalon Member Daphne's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Sun Stuff: What's up!

Whoah....makes me feel like we are in The Truman Show.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daphne For This Post:

Fairy Friend (22nd July 2014), loc333 (22nd July 2014), Roisin (22nd July 2014), Violet (23rd July 2014)

3. Link to Post #2202
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

i was just surpriesed no body had anything to say..thats all thanks for the feed back sidney...im not alone..i feel better.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loc333 For This Post:

Fairy Friend (22nd July 2014), Roisin (22nd July 2014), Sidney (22nd July 2014), Violet (23rd July 2014)

5. Link to Post #2203
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,904 times in 4,024 posts

Also, many of us here that do hang around on this thread are physically affected by the solar activity. And I just think that it does not affect most people. Aren't we the lucky ones. LOL.............. not. But, maybe the lurkers that don't say anything just feel like it simply out of our control.
    My opinion is that there are MANY craft that are up there near the sun. Can you imagine the heat? And IMO, NASA has full knowledge of these. Are they ours????? So many questions, so few answers.

But those images from today, different than anything I have seen so far. Could they be some kind of glitch in the cameras?? ON TWO DIFFERENT ANGLES???
    "All things are possible beyond the limits of your earthbound consciousness. Open your heart and your mind to the truth of what I am telling you. If you seek the truth you must have faith: belief in the universe. Learn to look beyond what your eyes can see and draw upon the ancient knowledge of your own inner being, your soul self. For only then will the truth emerge. Embrace it lovingly for it is a destiny retrieved from time, your time."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fairy Friend (22nd July 2014), Wind (22nd July 2014)

7. Link to Post #2204
    Thanks

ya it could be some camera glitch...but you and i know from watching soho all the time ....years....that,s a picture that is usually pixeled out and for some reason...someone was asleep at the wheel

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loc333 For This Post:

Fairy Friend (22nd July 2014), Sidney (22nd July 2014)

9. Link to Post #2205
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 times in 454 posts

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    Quote Posted by loc333 (here)
    huge object interacting with the sun and no one has something to say here at avolon?
    This is not one of the busier threads, (it should be IMO, but what you going to do??LOL)

But I agree on the WTF is going on up there anyway. There is a lot of extremely weird stuff that is captured on those cameras, and many time I wonder why nobody pays attention. But IF those really are objects, they are MASSIVE.
    Exactly, if they really are objects. I suspect they are either artefacts of the camera and/or the image processing.

I suspect that simply because it seems these 'objects' haven't been noticed and reported by any amateur solar/radio astronomers - and many of them have detecting equipment for signals right through the visible, RF and gamma ray spectrum. Some of the objects look so big you could see them with the naked eye if they were in visible light, and even if only in UV, IR, x-ray or gamma ray they simply couldn't go unnoticed by everyone.

But that theory isn't as attractive as something out there that's being covered up by TPTB, but somehow they let these images out so it can be discussed on here...

Mmmmm

Nick
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 22nd July 2014 at 15:39.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Fairy Friend (22nd July 2014), loc333 (Yesterday), Sidney (22nd July 2014), Violet (23rd July 2014)

11. Link to Post #2206
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,904 times in 4,024 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    huge object interacting with the sun and no one has something to say here at avolon?
    This is not one of the busier threads, (it should be IMO, but what you going to do??LOL)

But I agree on the WTF is going on up there anyway. There is a lot of extremely weird stuff that is captured on those cameras, and many time I wonder why nobody pays attention. But IF those really are objects, they are MASSIVE.
    Exactly, if they really are objects. I suspect they are either artefacts of the camera and/or the image processing.

I suspect that simply because it seems these 'objects' haven't been noticed and reported by any amateur solar/radio astronomers - and many of them have detecting equipment for signals right through the visible, RF and gamma ray spectrum. Some of the objects look so big you could see them with the naked eye if they were in visible light, and even if only in UV, IR, x-ray or gamma ray they simply couldn't go unnoticed by everyone.

But that theory isn't as attractive as something out there that's being covered up by TPTB, but somehow they let these images out so it can be discussed on here...

Mmmmm

Nick
    Right, and the fact that the images are still there pretty much sums up that it is artifact due to malfunctions. If those were real objects, no way would they not be seen by someone. And the sun doesn;t just go dark without being noticed.
    "All things are possible beyond the limits of your earthbound consciousness. Open your heart and your mind to the truth of what I am telling you. If you seek the truth you must have faith: belief in the universe. Learn to look beyond what your eyes can see and draw upon the ancient knowledge of your own inner being, your soul self. For only then will the truth emerge. Embrace it lovingly for it is a destiny retrieved from time, your time."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fairy Friend (22nd July 2014), loc333 (Yesterday)

13. Link to Post #2207
    United States Avalon Member Fairy Friend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 498 posts

Something's going on, it's not updating either. It still shows the same picture. It might be a big malfunction. Hopefully, It'll get back online.
    Last edited by Fairy Friend; 22nd July 2014 at 18:35.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

loc333 (Yesterday), Sidney (22nd July 2014)

15. Link to Post #2208
    Thanks

I am not feeling too bad today even though the electrons have been diving more.

I think Wind posted this before but this is one of the last images from EVE before she went down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Electron-4.gif
Views:	5
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	26548  
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fairy Friend; 22nd July 2014 at 19:01.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

loc333 (Yesterday), Sidney (22nd July 2014), Wind (22nd July 2014)

17. Link to Post #2209
    Thanks

It's back online! yeah! Don't know if that was just me but she's back with new images.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

loc333 (Yesterday)

19. Link to Post #2210
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 times in 676 posts

I would say something if I knew it made sense...
    God save me from him who studies but one book. (Italian proverb)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Fairy Friend (23rd July 2014), loc333 (Yesterday)

21. Link to Post #2211
    Thanks

Odd, SDO/AIA Imagery is not functioning now. I was looking at several bits of imagery which showed a subtle glow on top of the photos, as though the data feed was still going but it was misaligned and focused below the sun and not at the sun. Like it was catching just a bit of the bottom of the sun.Odd. Now when I went to copy these two images they weren't there. Not that they showed much.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

loc333 (Yesterday)

23. Link to Post #2212
    Thanks

Yes, I think it was misaligned which they haven't quite got it centered properly yet but closer. NASA has their glitches lately
    Attached Images    

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

loc333 (Yesterday)

25. Link to Post #2213
    Thanks

Okay, sorry NASA it's the other left. The other left, the other direction. I'm sorry I couldn't resist that. In space there is no up or down it's easy to get confused.
    Attached Images    

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

loc333 (Yesterday), sheme (23rd July 2014)

27. Link to Post #2214
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 times in 676 posts

Say, if you're a noob to astronomy and solar issues...Is this the right place to be asking questions? Or is there a more appropriate thread to do that? Because I would like to be able to look at those charts and instantly understand what I'm seeing without having to look up the manual everytime.
    God save me from him who studies but one book. (Italian proverb)

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Fairy Friend (23rd July 2014), loc333 (Yesterday)

29. Link to Post #2215
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    Say, if you're a noob to astronomy and solar issues...Is this the right place to be asking questions? Or is there a more appropriate thread to do that? Because I would like to be able to look at those charts and instantly understand what I'm seeing without having to look up the manual everytime.
    I ask questions here. And there is an astronomy & cosmology section. But I favor this thread. Depends on the question of course some may be a better for general discussion. I have found the more complicated the equipment, the simpler the instruction manual tends to be. Except computers that's different.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

loc333 (Yesterday)

31. Link to Post #2216
    Thanks

i would like to say this is an important thread and if something crazy happenes to the sun you will probaly see it here first.... in the whole world this is it

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loc333 For This Post:

Fairy Friend (Yesterday), Wind (Yesterday)

33. Link to Post #2217
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 times in 454 posts

"The Sun Is Eerily Quiet, And Scientists Aren't Sure Why"

Apart from the superfluous adjective in the headline, quite an interesting piece. Although we don't need to get exited, the sun's been there for 4bn years without significant mishap, and we've only been properly observing it for a couple of hundred years at most. Based on such a short observational period, we only know what it has done very recently, and have no idea how it can behave long term. The sun almost certainly isn't broken!

But since we're all still here I reckon apart from the occasional Carrington-type event, there's nothing for Joe Public to worry about.

But you never know do you...?

Nick

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Delight (Yesterday), Fairy Friend (Yesterday)

+ Reply to Thread