+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 168 FirstFirst 1 4 54 94 104 114 154 168 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3352

Thread: Sun Stuff: What's up!

1. Link to Post #2061
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Sun Stuff: What's up!

You mean the dark bottom half of in the images? Image artefacts or bad editing, hard to say. They just hide so much.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Fairy Friend (26th June 2014), Sidney (27th June 2014), skamandar (26th June 2014)

3. Link to Post #2062
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

We have a bit of a blast coming in now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (27th June 2014)

5. Link to Post #2063
    Thanks

So it seems...

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Fairy Friend (26th June 2014), MorningSong (27th June 2014), Sidney (27th June 2014)

7. Link to Post #2064
    Thanks

Solarham:

"An eruption from just beyond the northeast limb generated a coronal mass ejection (CME) now visible in the latest LASCO C2 coronagraph imagery. The source region appears to be old sunspot 2082 from the previous rotation. We will begin to see the return of 2082, along with 2080 and 2085 during this upcoming weekend. Meanwhile on the Earth facing side of the sun, solar activity remains stable."

Last edited by Wind; 27th June 2014 at 07:50.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th June 2014), Fairy Friend (27th June 2014), MorningSong (27th June 2014), raregem (27th June 2014), sheme (29th June 2014), Sidney (27th June 2014), skamandar (27th June 2014)

9. Link to Post #2065
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Wow, that was a pretty impressive CME!!!!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fairy Friend (27th June 2014), sheme (29th June 2014), Wind (28th June 2014)

11. Link to Post #2066
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,052 times in 2,877 posts

I find this a bit suspicious....

Quote TROUBLE FOR THE STEREO MISSION? NASA's twin STEREO probes, which can see the farside of the sun and make 3D models of incoming CMEs, have revolutionized space weather forecasting. We might have to do without them for a while. Later this year, the twin probes will pass directly behind the sun. Originally, mission planners expected a brief eclipse. Instead, operations could be curtailed for more than a year. The reason has to do with STEREO's high gain antenna feed. Ironically, when the antenna points too close to the sun, it overheats. As the probes pass behind the sun, they can't point their antennas at Earth without heat-sensitive components becoming dangerously hot. This engineering problem was not anticipated when STEREO was launched in 2006. On the bright side, it might be possible to avert a complete blackout using the antenna's sidelobes. Tests in July will evaluate this possibility.
    http://spaceweather.com/
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Fairy Friend (27th June 2014), sheme (29th June 2014), Sidney (27th June 2014), Wind (28th June 2014)

13. Link to Post #2067
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,488 times in 2,183 posts

Nothing suspicious, really... here's a view of where STEREO is now:

http://stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov/where.shtml

I found this explaination of the orbit on Wiki:

Quote The two STEREO spacecraft were launched at 0052 UTC on October 26, 2006 from Launch Pad 17B at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on a Delta II 7925-10L launcher into highly elliptical geocentric orbits. The apogee reached the Moon's orbit. On December 15, 2006, on the fifth orbit, the pair swung by the Moon for a gravitational slingshot. Because the two spacecraft were in slightly different orbits, the "ahead" (A) spacecraft was ejected to a heliocentric orbit inside Earth's orbit while the "behind" (B) spacecraft remained temporarily in a high earth orbit. The B spacecraft encountered the Moon again on the same orbital revolution on January 21, 2007, ejecting itself from earth orbit in the opposite direction from spacecraft A. Spacecraft B entered a heliocentric orbit outside the Earth's orbit. Spacecraft A will take 347 days to complete one revolution of the sun and Spacecraft B will take 387 days. The A spacecraft/sun/earth angle will increase at 21.650 degree/year. The B spacecraft/sun/earth angle will change −21.999 degrees per year. Their current locations are shown here.

Over time, the STEREO spacecraft will continue to separate from each other at a combined rate of approximately 44 degrees per year. There are no final positions for the spacecraft. They achieved 90 degrees separation on January 24, 2009, a condition known as quadrature. This is of interest because the mass ejections seen from the side on the limb by one spacecraft can potentially be observed by the in situ particle experiments of the other spacecraft. As they passed through Earth's Lagrangian points L4 and L5, in late 2009, they searched for Lagrangian (trojan) asteroids. On February 6, 2011, the two spacecraft were exactly 180 degrees apart from each other, allowing the entire Sun to be seen at once for the first time.[2]

Even as the angle increases, the addition of an Earth-based view, e.g. from the Solar Dynamics Observatory, will still provide full-Sun observations for several years. In 2015, contact will be lost for several months when the STEREO spacecraft pass behind the Sun.

They will then start to approach Earth again, with closest approach sometime in 2023. They will not be recaptured into Earth orbit.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEREO
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Fairy Friend (27th June 2014), Wind (28th June 2014)

15. Link to Post #2068
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,488 times in 2,183 posts

RE: the flare mentioned above by Wind and Sidney, the fellows over at Solar Soft wrote this on the graphs (they often add humor to their observations):

"Very LDE (long duration event)
    C1.7
    Mostly behind East Limb
    CME/EUVME
    Spirited Run in
    Slowest Flares,
    Group C
    (Hugh? through to knockout round?)"

http://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events/

It looks like to me that they weren't so convinced that it was only a C-flare, like me, too. And this bad boy will soon be coming back around to show his stuff again....
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th June 2014), Fairy Friend (27th June 2014), Sidney (27th June 2014), Wind (28th June 2014)

17. Link to Post #2069
    Thanks

I don't feel too bad right now. It's still very dark under the Sun.

18. Link to Post #2070
    Thanks

I wanted to mention something. On June 21, summer solstice, I saw something that validates what I have thought for a while now. It is the second sun theory.
    I went to purchase cat food at my local petco. As I was leaving the store, I noticed the sun setting right behind the strip mall there. TO THE NORTH
    The west area of the sky was heavily blanketed by a bank of dark heavy clouds. So you could not see the sky at all, to the west, which is normal because 95% of the time, the sun rise and sun set are covered up by fake chem clouds. So where I NORMALLY see the sun go down, was 100% not visible.

I am over 50 yrs old. I grew up on a lake, I have lived at the ocean. I am an avid outdoors person. I KNOW which way is North and west, even in summer when the sun is as far north as it goes, on the solstice, the sun sets in the west, just further north. of course, I did not have my phone with me, dammm. Where I saw the sun set was almost straight due North. At the time, I was thinking to myself, well I must be just perceiving this wrong.

So I went over there last night at sunset, which is only 5 days later, and the sun was setting, well, where it is suppose to be setting. West, and no where nears behind petco. There is no way we could have had some sort of shift, I mean, that would affect the planet in a massive way, so the only explanation is that it was the OTHER sun, that I saw setting.

I am still dumbfounded. How could no one else NOT notice this. It was on the summer solstice, is that enough for people to just ignore this? I am still shocked at what I saw. But I DID see it. I know what I saw. It was clear as day. It was not covered by clouds, however it was obvious that the setting sun HAD dropped out of a clouded sky from earlier, so the sun was really only visible for maybe an hour or so, at the very end of the day before setting.

There HAS to be 2 suns. That is the only explanation. What now? What does this mean? I am still scratching my head over this.
    Last edited by Sidney; 28th June 2014 at 19:44.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fairy Friend (28th June 2014), mab777 (29th June 2014), sheme (28th June 2014)

20. Link to Post #2071
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Sidney on another thread I have put up my latest sunset shot if you enlarge the picture then tilt your PC screen as far back as you can you can clearly see two suns our own plus a much smaller one immediately above it -take a look, photo taken with a Nikon cool pix on auto. I wondered why the sun looked so triangular which is why I took a closer look- Awesome flares btw perhaps this is just the electrical connection with our sun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0259.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	26192  
    Last edited by sheme; 28th June 2014 at 20:18.

21. Link to Post #2072
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sheme (here)
    Sidney on another thread I have put up my latest sunset shot if you enlarge the picture then tilt your PC screen as far back as you can you can clearly see two suns our own plus a much smaller one immediately above it -take a look, photo taken with a Nikon cool pix on auto. I wondered why the sun looked so triangular which is why I took a closer look- Awesome flares btw perhaps this is just the electrical connection with our sun.
    Awesome shot. It is undeniable at this point. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind. The thing is, what I saw was not a small thing. It was probably not as large as the regular sun, but maybe half the size.

How long are the masses going to ignore this. And is this thing orbiting around the sun permanently, or is it headed in our direction. And how long do we have before it gets here. I am very disturbed by what I saw. Very very strange.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fairy Friend (29th June 2014), sheme (29th June 2014)

23. Link to Post #2073
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Quote How could no one else NOT notice this?
    Quote How long are the masses going to ignore this. And is this thing orbiting around the sun permanently, or is it headed in our direction. And how long do we have before it gets here. I am very disturbed by what I saw. Very very strange.
    I wasn't there with you when you saw what you saw, but what you probably saw was a sun dog. There are plenty of other similar images on the web. Quite often only one of the 'suns' is visible giving the impression of a smaller nearby sun. The phenomenon depends on local atmospheric conditions and is not usually seen over more than a few hundred square miles. I expect others saw it but knew what it was.

Unrelated, but don't forget that the sun sets at its northern most point in the northern hemisphere on the summer solstice and very slowly moves back west. It just isn't possible the sun is misbehaving without so many other effects - no really, "They" couldn't hide that! (Do people really believe this is possible?)

Now, you don't believe there are two suns do you? Surely not.

OK, so there are people on here who believe NASA hides or makes up stuff. Maybe they do, but two suns? Come on! Not something that could ever be missed by hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers the world over, even if it some how this second sun popped in and out of existence...

Ask an amateur astronomy forum and see what they say! (On second thoughts don't, that would just be embarrassing.)

Nick

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Fairy Friend (29th June 2014)

25. Link to Post #2074
    Thanks

I for one am not embarrassed about what I see- though patronising comments tend to make me feel embarrassed for the maker.
    Is it a girl thing ? Do you think lady eyes work differently to really intelligent smart man eyes ? Perhaps you just had to be there.

Please show me a similar photo as they are so plentiful. With good intent.

26. Link to Post #2075
    Thanks

Quote Please show me a similar photo as they are so plentiful. With good intent.

Sun dog Google images << click on that.

By the way, I have no idea who has lady eyes. I just know there are not two suns in this solar system. If you think there could be, please find an independent astronomer to explain where it is and why it has no gravitational effects.

Thanks.

Nick
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 29th June 2014 at 17:48. Reason: spelling

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

28. Link to Post #2076
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Quote How could no one else NOT notice this?
    Quote How long are the masses going to ignore this. And is this thing orbiting around the sun permanently, or is it headed in our direction. And how long do we have before it gets here. I am very disturbed by what I saw. Very very strange.
    I wasn't there with you when you saw what you saw, but what you probably saw was a sun dog. There are plenty of other similar images on the web. Quite often only one of the 'suns' is visible giving the impression of a smaller nearby sun. The phenomenon depends on local atmospheric conditions and is not usually seen over more than a few hundred square miles. I expect others saw it but knew what it was.

Unrelated, but don't forget that the sun sets at its northern most point in the northern hemisphere on the summer solstice and very slowly moves back west. It just isn't possible the sun is misbehaving without so many other effects - no really, "They" couldn't hide that! (Do people really believe this is possible?)

Now, you don't believe there are two suns do you? Surely not.

OK, so there are people on here who believe NASA hides or makes up stuff. Maybe they do, but two suns? Come on! Not something that could ever be missed by hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers the world over, even if it some how this second sun popped in and out of existence...

Ask an amateur astronomy forum and see what they say! (On second thoughts don't, that would just be embarrassing.)

Nick
    NO!!!!!!!! I know what a sun dog is. I see them regulary around here. This was a SUN. Not a DOG. I am telling you, I saw this, it had no clouds in front of it. Plain as day. I am kicking my own arse for not having my phone with me to take a picture. It looked exactly like a normal sunset. but It was due NORTH. I know where the sun sets here everyday. I am not some dumbass that doesn't know which way is
    N S W E, and am quite educated about the varying locations of the sun, during the change of seasons etc. I am outside every day, and I know that the sun does not set behind Petco, EVER. This was not a sundog. It was a sun. I swear on everything that is important to me.

Nick,you obviously did not read my post there. And you can try to debunk this all you want. I don't want to belive what I saw. But I saw it. And it is a very good explanation as to why the sky is covered up here most of the time now.

I make a plea to anyone that flies. That would be the opportunity to see what is going on up there. Look out, and be aware. Take pictures. I even asked someone, that evening. A stranger that was parked next to me. I asked "doesn't the sun normally set over there? (pointing to where I usually see it). He shrugged his shoulders and said "I have no idea". So, people don't care, or want to know.

and I don't need to ask an amateur astronomy anything. I am reporting what I saw. and I did not ask for someone to tell me that I did not see it. (eyes rolling).

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fairy Friend (29th June 2014), sheme (29th June 2014)

30. Link to Post #2077
    Thanks

Quote and I don't need to ask an amateur astronomy anything. I am reporting what I saw. and I did not ask for someone to tell me that I did not see it. (eyes rolling).
    OK, good. How far away do you think it was? I expect a number of astronomers in your area - amateur or professional - also saw it. I expect their websites and forums are buzzing with this new discovery.

Nick

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

32. Link to Post #2078
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Quote and I don't need to ask an amateur astronomy anything. I am reporting what I saw. and I did not ask for someone to tell me that I did not see it. (eyes rolling).
    OK, good. How far away do you think it was? I expect a number of astronomers in your area - amateur or professional - also saw it. I expect their websites and forums are buzzing with this new discovery.

Nick
    Like I said, it was HEAVILY clouded, but the sun dropped below the cloudbank at the very end of the day. It was at the horizon when I saw it, and was barely out of the clouds. Probably not very many people noticed. Just sayin, people are not paying attention to these things around here. The elites that are in charge of the chemtrail operation are privy to the schedule of when this things can be seen, and they spend a LOT of time and money spraying spraying creating fake clouds to hide this from the masses. It seems to me, everytime someone who is credible enough with evidence and comes forward, they disappear.
    I understand where you stand on this issue Nick. And I took pictures of two suns last winter and posted them here. But I was even skeptical of what I saw then because there were some clouds that kept my mind open to the fact that what I saw could have been light refraction on clouds.
    But this time, there was no mistaking what I saw.
    We will have to respectfully agree to disagree. It really is hard to believe, until you see it with your own eyes. because of that, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fairy Friend (29th June 2014), Nick Matkin (29th June 2014), sheme (30th June 2014)

34. Link to Post #2079
    Thanks

Lovely winter sun dog shots nick, I really enjoyed looking at them- thanks for putting them up , I will take some more "sun dog" shots this evening if the clouds stay away. Midsummer average temperature here today is about 20c, lets see if you can take some shots of sunset as well.

35. Link to Post #2080
    Thanks

That's not a sundog. If anything it's a solar pillar or what was starting to be a solar pillar. And that I wonder, because you need no wind and stillness and I see that it looks like wind is in the picture (not just the plant bending but there looks like a front, off in the distance. I see a wall cloud). Usually you don't see a lot of clouds but some can be present. And the temperature is usually at dew point, Just as water vapor is starting to freeze, the beginning of snow. Sun usually on the horizon and humidity and temperature low. Check out solar pillar.
    It's rare but the Sun seems to be putting out more energy than usual and the atmosphere seems to have a lot of moisture. So we're seeing this in more southern latitudes where this phenomenon is usually seen in the upper north.

I know you Sydney and been following your posts for a while and you don't jump the gun and every little glitch. personally I like being a little emotional and still having my critical eye. A personal choice. But not a lot of emotional hysteria, not so much, again, a personal choice. Mostly because it doesn't make me feel pretty. I was writing a book but I stop writing in 2008. maybe I'll be inspired again.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

sheme (29th June 2014), Sidney (29th June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 168 FirstFirst 1 4 54 94 104 114 154 168 LastLast