+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 168 FirstFirst 1 7 57 97 107 117 157 168 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 3352

Thread: Sun Stuff: What's up!

1. Link to Post #2121
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Default Re: Sun Stuff: What's up!

Did noone notice the M1.4 flare from sunspot 2106 at 11:23UTC today?

News from spaceweather.com:

Quote BROODING GIANT: Big sunspot AR2104, which emerged over the weekend, has developed a 'beta-gamma-delta' magnetic field that harbors energy for X-class solar flares. So far, however, the sunspot has been relatively quiet, producing no more than a few minor C-flares. Sergio Castillo photographed the brooding giant on June 30th from his backyard observatory in Inglewood, CA:

Castillo used a solar telescope capped with a "Calcium-K" filter tuned to 3933 Å, a wavelength that reveals the bright magnetic froth around active sunspots. "The magnetic froth is amazingly visible around AR2104," says Castillo. "I truly hope this active region brings fireworks just in time for the 4th of July."

He might get his wish. NOAA forecasters estimate a growing 40% chance of M-class flares and a 5% chance of X-flares during the next 24 hours. The odds of geoeffective eruptions will increase even more in the days ahead as the sunspot turns toward Earth.
    Last edited by MorningSong; 1st July 2014 at 20:43.
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Fairy Friend (1st July 2014), sheme (2nd July 2014), Sidney (1st July 2014), Wind (1st July 2014)

3. Link to Post #2122
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

Strange you put this up right now. I thought we were going to have another little pop but I don't see anything impressive yet. But some of the images went pixely and that happens sometimes before a flare or eruption.
    Yeah some fireworks coming our way, I think they're right.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (2nd July 2014)

5. Link to Post #2123
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

No solar-induced fadeouts on 10 MHz or above observed today over the Atlantic.

Nick

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Fairy Friend (1st July 2014)

7. Link to Post #2124
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    It is very, very unusual to get these flashes at the earth's surface. I have experienced only one. So if you're not getting them equally in both eyes, and you're not an astronaut, sounds like you may be developing a detached retina.
    Nick, I am mildly amused when I'm reading this and I know that you're not joking, thanks for the concern. I am not that old and it might be hard for you to believe it, but I know what I am seeing. When those cosmic ray readings get out of whack, I know that before checking the readings because I see red & blue cosmic ray flashes only with my left eye. My eyes are just fine.

This has been happening for over an year now, after the cosmic ray readings started to get crazy. Earth's magnetic field is fading and it's letting everything get through it every once in a while. You know, it's not a surprising thing to me since I can also see auras believe it or not. I see aura's around everything, but I'm only talking about the white transparent energetic silhouettes of auras, not individual colors. I guess I just can see different wavelengths of light and not all can see them.
    Last edited by Wind; 2nd July 2014 at 01:59.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Fairy Friend (1st July 2014), sheme (2nd July 2014), Sidney (2nd July 2014)

9. Link to Post #2125
    Thanks

When you showed this chart I wasn't surprised you said that. There was another time where I saw blue flashes and the chart looked similar. Not usual energy. Wind knows stuff.

My eyes were checked several months ago and I am fine. But my mom has a detached retina so I know what you're talking about they have Light flashes also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rivwhv.gif
Views:	106
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	26222  

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (2nd July 2014), Wind (2nd July 2014)

11. Link to Post #2126
    Thanks

Something is popping and footage is late, as usual. Also a shot of the earlier M1.4 flare, magnificent.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Fairy Friend (2nd July 2014), sheme (2nd July 2014), Sidney (2nd July 2014)

13. Link to Post #2127
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

I can say I one of the worst cases of anxiety today that I have had in a while. Not really an anxiety attack, just a sudden onset of being very tense. Lasted about 6 hours. Its got to be this activity. Thanks for the updates. !!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

DarMar (4th July 2014), Fairy Friend (2nd July 2014), Wind (2nd July 2014)

15. Link to Post #2128
    Thanks

M-class flares incoming real soon, these big delta-class sunspots are approaching and they possess some serious power. They will be facing Earth in a matter of two days.

Solar Flare Risk
    M-Class: 50%
    X-Class: 05%

Sunspot 2104 (AR12104) Beta-Gamma-Delta

Sunspot 2107 (AR12107) Beta-Delta

The magnetic classification of sunspots

"More than half of the observed sunspot groups are Alpha and Beta classed sunspot groups, the bigger sunspots mostly get Beta, Beta-Gamma or Beta-Gamma-Delta. It is known that delta sunspots can be very active and produce the most intense solar flares."

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Fairy Friend (2nd July 2014), sheme (2nd July 2014), Sidney (2nd July 2014)

17. Link to Post #2129
    Thanks

I kinda have that queasy feeling again, so I'm expecting another CME but nothing huge and hopefully not so long lasting. Overall, I don't feel too bad. Odds aren't bad for any kind of a pop so to speak.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (2nd July 2014), Wind (3rd July 2014)

19. Link to Post #2130
    Thanks

I think we had already the beginning of a minor amount of energy but I still feel like something's coming. My teeth are feeling it, so I was going with a minor m-class flare. But I also feel like the ground is shifting underneath my feet. I usually think earth quakes but the earthquake number its been slowly dropping back to normal. Getting that nervous anxious feeling as well.

It's been raining here so I have not yet had a chance to observe the Sun. I am also curious, the Sun has been very bright on top and dark on the bottom and I was wondering if that would show up. We could use a sunny day here it's quite muddy.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (2nd July 2014), Wind (3rd July 2014)

21. Link to Post #2131
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Yesterday after my anxiety bout, I was so overcome with lethargy I wanted to cry. This morning I had a very odd feeling of weakness and over all feeling of gravitational change somehow. I feel very dehydrated too, so I know I need to drink more water, thats also a sign for me that energies are up.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Fairy Friend (2nd July 2014), Wind (3rd July 2014)

23. Link to Post #2132
    Thanks

Thanks for reminding me to drink water. I forget I get wrapped up in things and I too have been very lethargic.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (3rd July 2014), Wind (3rd July 2014)

25. Link to Post #2133
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Quote I just started to see the red & blue cosmic ray flashes with my left eye, is anyone else seeing that?
    Quote Cosmic ray visual phenomena, also referred to as phosphenes or "light flashes", are spontaneous flashes of light visually perceived by astronauts outside the magnetosphere of the Earth...
    It is very, very unusual to get these flashes at the earth's surface. I have experienced only one. So if you're not getting them equally in both eyes, and you're not an astronaut, sounds like you may be developing a detached retina:

Better get it checked out if I were you.

Nick
    I too see blue flashes and occasionally red flashes with both eyes, centrally and peripherally in larger and smaller flashes. They are usually very brief and vary in distance from me. I also see other kinds of light in the sky (not lightning or heat lightning...see that too) and near the ground. In addition I see the outline of the energy field of trees and other live creatures (no colors). Perhaps you suggest a good caution about retinal detachment but I do not think anything is wrong with my eyes. IMO people who see this like are having enhanced visual acuity.

In the past I have wondered what these different light configurations mean?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Fairy Friend (2nd July 2014), Wind (3rd July 2014)

27. Link to Post #2134
    Thanks

Glad to know that there are others like me.

Just a moment ago I started to quiver, became more lethargic and I noticed that the electrons are going down... Loud ringing in the right ear too. I must be really sensitive to the fluctuations. It's good to drink water.

Edit: Interesting to see that as soon as the electron levels started to return normal levels the same happened to my tiredness. I was just totally knocked out earlier.

Last edited by Wind; 3rd July 2014 at 12:49.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Fairy Friend (3rd July 2014), Sidney (3rd July 2014)

29. Link to Post #2135
    Thanks

I thought we were going to get a small m-class Flare and that did not pan out. I am feeling waves of things but overall I'm not feeling too bad.

I did get a chance to observe the Sun with my telescope and I don't see anything unusual. Its high in the sky right now. Nor do I see any difference between the top and the bottom. the last LASCO imagery shows a huge difference between the brightness of the top and the bottom and that did not show up either.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (3rd July 2014)

31. Link to Post #2136
    Thanks

The Sun has been absolutely quiet lately, unless it decides to unleash a monster flare out of the blue, which I highly doubt. The weather events in the near future will be interesting and very testing. Let's hope for a shift in the collective human consciousness, it can't happen soon enough!

From the comments section of this video:

Averaging around 90 sunspot monthly during solar max is pitiful and resembles another period that had around same on average was the Dalton Minimum and maunder minimum leading into the drop. It was a period of low solar activity lasting decades.

Like the Maunder Minimum and Spörer Minimum, the Dalton Minimum coincided with a period of lower-than-average global temperatures. During that period, there was a variation of temperature of about 1°C

Solar scientists Ken McCracken, Juerg Beer, Friedhelm Steinhilber and Jose Abreu studied the solar minimums over the last 9300 years. Based on measurements of beryllium and carbon isotopes as indicators for the intensity of cosmic rays, which are modulated by solar activity, the scientists arrived at the result that the minimum of 2007 to 2009 had similar characteristics as the minimums occurring during the time of the Dalton Minimums of 1780 to 1820. They discovered a 208-year periodicity (Suess-de Vries) of a grand solar minimum in the past. Therefore they anticipate in the near future the events of a Dalton Minimum - See more at:

While The Year Without a Summer, in 1816, occurred during the Dalton Minimum, the prime reason for that year's cool temperatures was the highly explosive eruption of Mount Tambora in Indonesia, which was one of the two largest eruptions in the past 2000 years.

Because the sun is Earth's greatest source of energy and is the driving force behind its atmospheric circulation, any variation in solar output will influence the weather. Scientists have observed that the number of sunspots on the surface of the sun has been determined to correspond to solar output variability. More sunspots correspond to a higher solar energy output while fewer sunspots correspond to a lower solar output. A record of sunspot numbers has been recorded through time by various indicators including naked eye observations, auroral reports, and C14 isotope concentrations in tree rings (Schaefer, 1977.) Fig. 8 shows that during the MWP there was a high number of sunspots referred to as the Medieval Maximum, while during the LIA there were two periods of very low sunspot numbers called the Spörer Minimum and Maunder Minimum. Although a direct link has not yet been established between sunspot variability and climate change, the data is highly suggestive.

Solar activity, as indicated by sunspots, radio noise and geomagnetic indices, plays a significant but by no means exclusive role in the triggering of earthquakes. Maximum quake frequency occurs at times of moderately high and fluctuating solar activity. Terrestrial solar flare effects which are the actual coupling mechanisms which trigger quakes appear to be either abrupt accelerations in the earth’s angular velocity or surges of telluric currents in the earth’s crust. The graphs presented in this paper permit probabilistic forecasting of earthquakes, and when used in conjunction with local indicators may provide a significant tool for specific earthquake prediction.

It has been found that:

(1) Earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activity. Generally, the earthquake activities are relatively less during the peak value years of solar activity, some say, around the period when magnetic polarity in the solar polar regions is reversed.

(2) The earthquake frequency in the minimum period of solar activity is closely related to the maximum annual means of sunspot numbers, the maximum annual means of solar 10.7 cm radio flux and solar proton events of a whole solar cycle, and the relation between earthquake and solar proton events is closer than others.

Mitch Battros theorized in 1998 that large solar flares affect Earth’s magnetic field, which in turn shifts the oceanic and atmospheric currents, which can cause earthquakes and extreme weather. As Battros summarizes his formula:

Sunspots => Solar Flares (charged particles) => Magnetic Field Shift => Shifting Ocean and Jet Stream Currents => Extreme Weather [including earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes or other extreme natural events]

Spacequakes Rumble Near Earth

A review of historical records was performed for 350 years of global volcanic activity (1650-2009) and seismic (earthquake) activity for the past 300 years (1700 to 2009) within the continental United States and then compared to the Sun’s record of sunspots as a measure of solar activity.

According to this study, there exists a strong correlation between solar activity and the Earth’s largest seismic and volcanic events."

http://www2.sunysuffolk.edu/mandias/...le_causes.html

http://link.springer.com/article/10....589-998-0096-5

http://www.solarrainbook.com/cgi-bin...rsements01.htm

http://tallbloke.wordpress.com/2011/...ic-connection/

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...l_spacequakes/

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...12821X67900714

http://notrickszone.com/2013/11/11/g....3Bwpxn6D.dpuf

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Fairy Friend (3rd July 2014), Sidney (3rd July 2014)

33. Link to Post #2137
    Thanks

I do have to express some concern about flashes in the eyes that we're seeing. Some believe these are hitting the rods and cones in the eyes and sending a nerve signal to the brain that it's a flash of light. It may be actual damage is occurring to the eye.

My thought is it depends on if its being hit by a stream of high-energy particles or simply a wavelength of light that's just slightly different than the normal spectrum.

I'm under the impression people with green eyes have more light sensitivity in the regular sunlight but can see better in the twilight hours. Do you guys have green eyes? And blue is the next sensitivity compared to brown eyes which my eyes are brown.

Which I don't see red flashes, I've only seen blue and occasionally white and I can sense energy around people but I rarely see colors in auras. Some people just seem brighter to me or its extended out more, and others not so much.

I've only noticed this a couple times this last year and they were a cluster of Flashes. And this was before bed with my eyes closed. Otherwise I might not have noticed. I had a dot in one of my eyes for a brief period of time which I think was helped by taking high doses of vitamin C. I'm told there that it helps with clearing up floaters in the eyes which I have at my age.I'm told it takes a while.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (3rd July 2014), Wind (3rd July 2014)

35. Link to Post #2138
    Thanks

I have blue eyes. I see white and black orbs quite often and I know those are conscious life forms (no doubt about it), but of course I can't prove that nor that I have to need for it. The cosmic rays are red and blue and they happen very rarely, only when the readings go out of whack. I don't know why or how it's happening, but I checked it several times and it only happens when those cosmic rays go wild. I'm not concerned about about my eyes, but I am concerned about other things... Like the coming weather extremes.
    Last edited by Wind; 3rd July 2014 at 18:16.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Fairy Friend (3rd July 2014), gandra99 (4th July 2014), Sidney (3rd July 2014)

37. Link to Post #2139
    Thanks

Weather does seem to be the big focus now. We do live an exciting times and I liked suspicious observers also. Dutchsinse...a few good ones out there.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Sidney (3rd July 2014)

39. Link to Post #2140
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Update from spaceweather.com:

Quote INCREASING CHANCE OF FLARES: NOAA forecasters have boosted the odds of an M-class solar flare today to 60%. There are two sunspots capable of producing such flares, AR2104 and AR2107, and both are turning toward Earth.
    Quote MORE SUNSPOTS: The sunspot number, already high, ticked upward again today with the arrival of another large active region over the sun's eastern limb. Click to play a 24-hour movie from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory--and keep an eye on "AR2109":

The explosive potential of this new sunspot is unknown. It will come into sharper focus later today and tomorrow as the region turns more directly toward Earth, revealing whether or not AR2109 has the kind of unstable magnetic field that leads to strong flares. For now, solar activty remains low despite the increasing sunspot count.
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Fairy Friend (4th July 2014), panopticon (4th July 2014), Sidney (4th July 2014), Wind (5th July 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 168 FirstFirst 1 7 57 97 107 117 157 168 LastLast