United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,099 times in 20,640 posts

Default Re: Sun Stuff: What's up!

Massive Geomagnetic Storm to Hit Earth March 18th
    http://awarenessact.com/a-massive-ge...on-march-18th/
    Quote According to scientists at the Russian Academy of Sciences, a huge magnetic storm is making its way here in current times. This storm will, as some have said, cause headaches and dizziness in people all over the world.

According to RAS’s graph three days before the storm on March 14th, 16th, and 17th we will experience intense geomagnetic altercations. Once this storm reaches us on March 18th things might be a bit odd. It could disrupt GPS navigations, disrupt satellites, and even harm power grids across the globe. This will be the third since the beginning of this year to actually reach our planet. The other two took place on January 15th and February 19th.

This geomagnetic storm is nothing to be afraid of and will probably only make it a little harder for you to sleep. Some people may be affected more than others but honestly, most of us don’t even notice. Unless you are old or in bad health you most likely will just think you are having a rough day.

According to NOAA, a geomagnetic storm is by their definition as follows:
    A geomagnetic storm is a major disturbance of Earth’s magnetosphere that occurs when there is a very efficient exchange of energy from the solar wind into the space environment surrounding Earth. These storms result from variations in the solar wind that produces major changes in the currents, plasmas, and fields in Earth’s magnetosphere. The solar wind conditions that are effective for creating geomagnetic storms are sustained (for several to many hours) periods of high-speed solar wind, and most importantly, a southward directed solar wind magnetic field (opposite the direction of Earth’s field) at the dayside of the magnetosphere. This condition is effective for transferring energy from the solar wind into Earth’s magnetosphere.

The largest storms that result from these conditions are associated with solar coronal mass ejections (CMEs) where a billion tons or so of plasma from the sun, with its embedded magnetic field, arrives at Earth. CMEs typically take several days to arrive at Earth but have been observed, for some of the most intense storms, to arrive in as short as 18 hours. Another solar wind disturbance that creates conditions favorable to geomagnetic storms is a high-speed solar wind stream (HSS). HSSs plow into the slower solar wind in front and create co-rotating interaction regions or CIRs. These regions are often related to geomagnetic storms that while less intense than CME storms, often can deposit more energy in Earth’s magnetosphere over a longer interval.

Storms also result in intense currents in the magnetosphere, changes in the radiation belts and changes in the ionosphere, including heating the ionosphere and upper atmosphere region called the thermosphere. In space, a ring of westward current around Earth produces magnetic disturbances on the ground. A measure of this current, the disturbance storm time (Dst) index, has been used historically to characterize the size of a geomagnetic storm. In addition, there are currents produced in the magnetosphere that follow the magnetic field, called field-aligned currents, and these connect to intense currents in the auroral ionosphere. These auroral currents, called the auroral electrojets, also produce large magnetic disturbances. Together, all of these currents and the magnetic deviations they produce on the ground are used to generate a planetary geomagnetic disturbance index called Kp. This index is the basis for one of the three NOAA Space Weather Scales, the Geomagnetic Storm, or G-Scale, that is used to describe space weather that can disrupt systems on Earth.

During storms, the currents in the ionosphere, as well as the energetic particles that precipitate into the ionosphere add energy in the form of heat that can increase the density and distribution of density in the upper atmosphere, causing extra drag on satellites in low-earth orbit. The local heating also creates strong horizontal variations in the in the ionospheric density that can modify the path of radio signals and create errors in the positioning information provided by GPS. While the storms create beautiful aurora, they also can disrupt navigation systems such as the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and create harmful geomagnetic induced currents (GICs) in the power grid and pipelines.

Yes, I know, long definition but it does explain everything quite well. While energetically some believe these geomagnetic storms can help us receive energetic downloads and become closer to our higher selves others do not. To be completely honest, I think during a geomagnetic storm you should relax as best you can and wait things out.

While some flares are more intense than others they do all still have some kind of effect on us but as mentioned above this one is nothing to be worried about. To learn more about what geomagnetic storms are check out the video below. Did you know that these storms existed?
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2018), greybeard (6th March 2018), justntime2learn (7th March 2018), onevoice (18th March 2018), Star Tsar (6th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #3322
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Some clear facts from NOAA and a good video mixed with exaggeration.

Quote This storm will, as some have said, cause headaches and dizziness in people all over the world.
    Yes, who said this? Headaches and dizziness... right...

A large geomagnetic storm is caused by particles ejected from the sun and arrive a day or two after the solar flare or CME as described correctly in the video in post #3321. If this geomagnetic storm is going to hit us 14 March at the earliest, the solar event hasn't even happened yet!

Has anyone ever noticed anything in their lives caused by a solar flare or CME? There have been some pretty big ones in the pasr 30-odd years, but I bet no one noticed and I doubt this will be any different.

That's a good video. Accurate - even down to how such events are exaggerated by the media, including a good explanation of the effect of the 1859 Carrington Event and what such an event might do today.

If this is an accurate prediction from Russian Academy of Sciences (and how exactly was that done?) it'll be the first one achieved over a week in advance. Specific sunspots only get indicated as possible causes of a CME. No one predicts (as far as I know) exactly when it might 'do its thing' - if it even does.

I couldn't see any of this about this specific event on the Russian Academy of Sciences website. Neither is there anything about it on Solarham.com. So the first three and penultimate paragraphs looks like someone's vivid imagination to me.
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 6th March 2018 at 20:04.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2018), onawah (6th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #3323
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

A personal note....it took me a long time, but thanks to what I learned here on Avalon, I was able to figure out it was the Sun affecting my heart on certain days when I literally could not function & my heart would even beat faster all day. It was like....enough already!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

justntime2learn (9th March 2018), onawah (6th March 2018), Star Tsar (6th March 2018), Valerie Villars (2nd April 2018), Wind (7th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #3324
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    A personal note....it took me a long time, but thanks to what I learned here on Avalon, I was able to figure out it was the Sun affecting my heart on certain days when I literally could not function & my heart would even beat faster all day. It was like....enough already!!
    That's interesting, but how was the sun's activity diagnosed as the cause of your bad days? Have you kept a diary for some time and matched your health with solar activity? How much solar activity starts to make you feel unwell? (The K-index and solar flux would probably be the best indicators to track.)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2018), onawah (6th March 2018), Wind (7th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #3325
    Thanks

Not having a scientific mind, & not having the energy to devote to a true "study", it was like "O.K., at least now I understand what was going on!" So now when it happens to me, I'm like "O.K., I'm having a Sun Day" & it helps just knowing what is going on!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

justntime2learn (11th March 2018), Nick Matkin (6th March 2018), onawah (6th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #3326
    Thanks

Oh. So it might not be the sun at all? Some people say the weather (humidity particularly) and the moon's phases affect how they feel, both mentally and physically.

I wonder if/when any large-scale analysis has been done to correlate physical/mental effects with solar activity. I'd be surprised if it hadsn't been done in the past 30 years or so. Maybe I should do some Googling...
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 6th March 2018 at 22:04.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th March 2018), onawah (6th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #3327
    Thanks

It was like "after the fact" that it dawned on me it was the solar wind....something to do with the sun that actually made my heart beat faster so that it felt lame.
    Whatever....I just have to live with how things are now! I'm not a Spring Chicken anymore.....just thankful for the positive things in my life, like Avalon!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

justntime2learn (7th March 2018), Nick Matkin (7th March 2018), onawah (6th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #3328
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,099 times in 20,640 posts

I am one of those extra-sensitive types who feels all kinds of things that most people don't, and I am sure that I have been affected by solar flares as well as phases of the moon and strong astrological aspects.
    Most seem to be quite unaware of such things, but for sensitives, it can be a real roller coaster ride.
    It has been well documented that many are affected by the full moon, so why not extra activity from the sun?
    It makes sense to me, though I cannot vouch for the source of the article I posted here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1212346
    It's just something I stumbled upon.
    Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Oh. So it might not be the sun at all? Some people say the weather (humidity particularly) and the moon's phases affect how they feel, both mentally and physically.

I wonder if/when any large-scale analysis has been done to correlate physical/mental effects with solar activity. I'd be surprised if it hadsn't been done in the past 30 years or so. Maybe I should do some Googling...
    Last edited by onawah; 9th March 2018 at 17:44.
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th March 2018), justntime2learn (7th March 2018), Nick Matkin (7th March 2018), Wind (7th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #3329
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Nick, the Sun does affect us and I feel all sorts of energy very easily. Solar flares too... Heck, I get even dizzy from quakes starting at the M6 range because for some reason my body feels the seismic waves which are traveling troughout the whole world. I've been keeping track of these things for years in my own case. There has been some studies about the Sun's effects on our bodies, psyche and consciousness, but I couldn't find a link now. Google will help.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th March 2018), justntime2learn (7th March 2018), Nick Matkin (7th March 2018), onawah (7th March 2018), Valerie Villars (2nd April 2018)

19. Link to Post #3330
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    I just found this:
    https://link.springer.com/article/10...055-018-0564-x
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (12th March 2018), justntime2learn (12th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #3331
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    A great comment that caught my eye in Suspicious0bserver's video's comment section yesterday, I thought that it was worth sharing here:

Quote "I find it very interesting that we are interring the 2 most sacred days in the 260 day Mayan Sacred Count as a huge northern corona hole is about to cause a big bend in our solar geomagnetic system during a major planetary/Earth alignment. This 3 day period is also unique in this Mayan system because we are having a full closest moon during what they call the Crystal Red Moon during this time in Earths orbit of the sun. These are the most important 3 days on the Mayan Earth calender for 260 days"
    This was EXACTLY the time and dates I had my awakening. I saw this thread and went back to these dates to see what the sun was doing. So, there is much to this.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th March 2018), greybeard (18th March 2018), justntime2learn (18th March 2018), Wind (18th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #3332
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    A great comment that caught my eye in Suspicious0bserver's video's comment section yesterday, I thought that it was worth sharing here:

Quote "I find it very interesting that we are interring the 2 most sacred days in the 260 day Mayan Sacred Count as a huge northern corona hole is about to cause a big bend in our solar geomagnetic system during a major planetary/Earth alignment. This 3 day period is also unique in this Mayan system because we are having a full closest moon during what they call the Crystal Red Moon during this time in Earths orbit of the sun. These are the most important 3 days on the Mayan Earth calender for 260 days"
    This was EXACTLY the time and dates I had my awakening. I saw this thread and went back to these dates to see what the sun was doing. So, there is much to this.
    I noticed the images were similar and thought I would mention it ...

“To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th March 2018), greybeard (18th March 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd April 2018)

25. Link to Post #3333
    Thanks

A New Active Region Brightens the Sun for Easter: Solar Storm Forecast 03-29-2018

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

avid (3rd April 2018), Bob (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st April 2018), justntime2learn (1st April 2018)

27. Link to Post #3334
    Thanks

New Image Shows How the Sun Changes Over a 22-Year Cycle

https://www.space.com/40094-sun-22-y...n=20180327-sdc

Last edited by Nick Matkin; 3rd April 2018 at 12:48.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

avid (3rd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd April 2018), justntime2learn (3rd April 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd April 2018), Wind (3rd April 2018)

29. Link to Post #3335
    Thanks

FYI:

Quote Obviously... they are not. I'd be losing my mind. You wouldn't need an internet to hear me whining like a little girl. This is my life, my channel is 99% anti-mainstream, but this closing-solar-observatories story is utter garbage. What's worse, I know the channels doing it, and they KNOW its garbage, but it helps them get clicks and views. DO NOT SACRIFICE INTEGRITY FOR YOUR EMOTION HIGHS.

There are mainstream lies, con men who play on your emotions and recognition of the lies, and then there are Suspicious0bservers. I agree, don't be fooled by the mainstream, but don't get fooled by these goons either.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

30. The Following User Says Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (16th September 2018)

31. Link to Post #3336
    Thanks

Okay, I'm totally confused as to what the above post and video is saying. The video says they are hiding the sun. The post above says it's garbage.

Can someone enlighten me?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th September 2018), justntime2learn (16th September 2018)

33. Link to Post #3337
    Thanks

Not me!! How about the post that hinted China is controlling the sun?! (Don't ask me which one as I don't remember!)

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

justntime2learn (16th September 2018), Nick Matkin (15th September 2018), Valerie Villars (15th September 2018)

35. Link to Post #3338
    Thanks

The video in post #3335 is about the solar observatory (and a post office) in New Mexico being very obviously closed and evacuated by the FBI - apparently. This guy is taking the piss to highlight all the stupid speculation! Or maybe he's part of the disinformation campaign...

There has already been circulating some of the most ridiculous rubbish I have ever seen in the conspirasphere over this! It's regurgitated by websites and video bloggers (they know who they are - some appearing in this thread) who don't know the difference between a sun spot and a black head! In the frenzied 'post truth' and 'alternative facts' environment, perhaps someone has sent this story off running to test or exploit the conspirasphere and to see who bites. It's not the first time. Remember the weird sky noises? The 'mysterious' boxes washed up on the beaches? Viral UFO videos that turned out to be clever advertising campaigns?

I think the original story of the closures and evacuation is accurate, and I suspect the true reason might be rather interesting, but not worthy of this frenzied speculation. I suspect possible espionage as already speculated. But let's wait and see...
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 15th September 2018 at 22:05.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), justntime2learn (16th September 2018), Valerie Villars (15th September 2018), Wind (16th September 2018)

37. Link to Post #3339
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Not me!! How about the post that hinted China is controlling the sun?! (Don't ask me which one as I don't remember!)
    Foxie, I almost peed on myself laughing. Thank you so much for that.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), justntime2learn (16th September 2018), Wind (16th September 2018)

39. Link to Post #3340
    Thanks

I should have put in a commentary of my own, so I apologize.

Suspicious observers is warning of the flood of videos about the sun being hidden. I'm noticing them popping up in my own news feed.
    The quote is by Ben Davidson. I believe the voice on the suspicious observers video is one of the channels trying to make money on disinformation.

The sun is not being hidden and the sky is not falling.

It's just a warning not to fall for it unless I'm missing something.

Again, I apologize for not adding that commentary.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), Nick Matkin (16th September 2018), Valerie Villars (16th September 2018), Wind (16th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 168 FirstFirst 1 67 117 157 167 168 LastLast