+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Questions and Answers about the Gulf Oil Catastrophe

1. Link to Post #221
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,661 times in 2,080 posts

Default Re: Questions and Answers about the Gulf Oil Catastrophe

Being Part of Team Avalon here is a process, watch, learn, evaluate, debunk, and re-evaluate, then post crawl, post walk and post run if you wish . Respect all posts and learn to agree to disagree. Lots of talent here, many caring individuals here, and together a hell of a force of knowledge and teaching tools as we feed off one another.

I believe we need to continue the pressure on the public officials, the oil entities and continue the quest to get the word out that we have alternatives in energy and yes we can clean this up with our technology as it is time for government ways to get out of the way and let innovative ideas , people, and private companies , and offering countries to go full throttle. Incompetance is not even an option anymore. It is time for the positives to come forward .

2. Link to Post #222
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

well my question goes out to anybody...anybody at all

3. Link to Post #223
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by kinsuemei2 (here)
    Bill let me ask you if you were in my geographical location or Kindras being on the other side of the coast what would you do given the information at hand?
    I'm not you. Each person's situation is different. Having a family, children, house and job puts one in a very distinct situation to that of someone who is on their own, renting an apartment, and is fully mobile.

I often get asked by people where to go, what to do, etc. My answer is always that each person's best decision will be uniquely their own. In identical circumstances, one person's optimum plan might be to leave the country - because they have a job to do (or people to meet) elsewhere. Meanwhile, another person who lives right next door to them might have as their purpose to stay and help... and so on.

Based on what I feel I know, I don't think anyone in Florida is in imminent physical danger. I'm not convinced at the moment of the increasingly-hyped sea-floor-collapse / tsunami / asphalt-volcano scenarios.

But the environment is getting more and more toxic, and this may be the greatest threat. If (for instance) you wake up one morning with your body telling you to move because it's getting sick, then it might be smart to listen to it and act... if you are able to.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 30th June 2010 at 22:08.

4. Link to Post #224
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I'm not you. Each person's situation is different. Having a family, children, house and job puts one in a very distinct situation to that of someone who is on their own, renting an apartment, and is fully mobile.

I often get asked by people where to go, what to do, etc. My answer is always that each person's best decision will be uniquely their own. In identical circumstances, one person's optimum plan might be to leave the country - because they have a job to do (or people to meet) elsewhere. Meanwhile, another person who lives right next door to them might have as their purpose to stay and help... and so on.

Based on what I feel I know, I don't think anyone in Florida is in imminent physical danger. I'm not convinced at the moment of the increasingly-hyped sea-floor-collapse / tsunami / asphalt-volcano scenarios.

But the environment is getting more and more toxic, and this may be the greatest threat. If (for instance) you wake up one morning with your body telling you to move because it's getting sick, then it might be smart to listen to it and act... if you are able to.

WORD.

I am a big ole ditto on that.

more than 9000

5. Link to Post #225
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Quote Posted by kinsuemei2 (here)
    well my question goes out to anybody...anybody at all
    I understand your concern and agree with Bill. Your answer must come from within you. That being said, I'd like to make some suggestions to someone who might be feeling unsure of which path to take. First and foremost, stay out of fear. Secondly, try to connect as often as possible to your spirit. Then pay attention ~ to the plants around you, are they beginning to show signs of stress ~ to the animals around you, cats, dogs, birds, are they acting in unusual ways ~ to the air quality, is it more difficult to breath or are there strange smells. And watch for signs. I have found that the Universe provides signs, but often we overlook them because we are not staying in the NOW. We spent too much time in the past or future, so try to keep your focus on the present. Also ask the Universe, God, your angels, your spirit guides, your ancestors, etc., whoever it is you personally believe and connect to. And it doesn't hurt to have an exit plan, just in case you should suddenly need it.

Good luck to you, Ba-ba-Ra

6. Link to Post #226
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thankyou for your responses

7. Link to Post #227
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Everyone,

It seems like rumour is the dish of the day, and it smells er..... fishy if you excuse the term.

It appears that Exxon Mobil is going to takeover BP, or at least the finacial market thinks so because in spite of the woes and added difficulties of hurricanes etc. the stock price of BP rose by over 5% today. That is great performance for any company on a given day, but with all the negativity surrounding BP it's unatural.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...rm-hovers.html

Of course the takover would mean that Exxonn Mobil will not be responsible for the damages the Gulf disaster caused before the actual takover. See what I mean about smelling fishy?

On the other hand it could be just a rumour and the stock could tumble tommorrow....

Best regards,

Steve

8. Link to Post #228
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,664 times in 1,985 posts

Quote Posted by steve_a (here)
    Hi Everyone,

It seems like rumour is the dish of the day, and it smells er..... fishy if you excuse the term.

It appears that Exxon Mobil is going to takeover BP, or at least the finacial market thinks so because in spite of the woes and added difficulties of hurricanes etc. the stock price of BP rose by over 5% today. That is great performance for any company on a given day, but with all the negativity surrounding BP it's unatural.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...rm-hovers.html

Of course the takover would mean that Exxonn Mobil will not be responsible for the damages the Gulf disaster caused before the actual takover. See what I mean about smelling fishy?

On the other hand it could be just a rumour and the stock could tumble tommorrow....

Best regards,

Steve
    Hi Steve,

I do not have much insight in the financial markets ... but my attention was drawn to this today: Vooral Shell drukt AEX-index omlaag
    It is a dutch article in a financial section of a newspaper ... basically it states that the Amsterdam Stock Exchange was negative mainly because of Shell ...

Have you any idea how this might fit in ... ?

Cheers, Op.

9. Link to Post #229
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Operator,

I translated the article at the part where it mentions about BP and the rumour that SHELL will take over the more riskier parts of BP. So as Shell is a Dutch company and there are risks to the takeover because of the problems, this could have dragged the market down.

What I found interesting and this is probably confirming a smelly tale is that the article says that SHELL could takeover BP and the article I read from the British newspaper said the rumours were about Exxonn Mobil taking over BP. What does this mean? It simply means that someone is taking a lot of time out to spread rumours! But why?

I trust you understand what shorting is on the stock market. Shorting is when you borrow stocks, sell them, hope they will devalue in price, buy them back to give to the person who loaned them to you in the first place and you get to pocket the difference between what you sold those stocks for and what you payed for the stocks to get them back.

I think these rumours are by shorters. Borrow Shell stocks, create a rumour that Shell will buy BP and when the stocks fall because the investors are thinking that Shell must be stupid and sell them off, the shorter will buy them back and make a profit.

So why create the rumour about Exxonn? To falsely add value to the BP stock because everybody will think that Exxonn will buy out BP and borrow the stocks at the end of the trade day (today they rose 5% don't forget because of the rumour) and sell them at their height. Tomorrow the hype bubble will probably be burst by Exxonn declaring that there is no truth about the rumour and so the stocks will fall way back down again. So the shorter will buy the stocks back and pocket the difference.

These rumours seem too fishy and it could very well be that someone could be up to no good on Wall Street, or they are opening a fish market at the side of the financial market!

Best regards,

Steve

10. Link to Post #230
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,664 times in 1,985 posts

Tnx, Steve.

It's good to have so much people with different expertise around. Together we're so much stronger ... in the end that will make the difference.

Cheers, Op.

11. Link to Post #231
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

As SHR said on the interview (good one bill) if you can smell the oil from where you are then it is affecting your health. I just got a 3 month supply of food just in case and I live in california. I would image that it will always be much worse then the press is going to let on. This will in the end effect everyone of us on the planet. If I had to leave where i am I would either head out to the middle of canada or go to Australia but really is any place safe anymore?. Just intent to be safe and tell yourself you are protected at all times no matter what happens.

12. Link to Post #232
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

in the absence of clear external answers , find your stillness , ask your question there

13. Link to Post #233
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just to conclude on my 'fishy tale' yesterday and the apparent rumour of someone wanting to buy out BP, as I explained in a previous post these rumours many times are put out to coerce movement in stock prices. Yesterday when the rumour hit out the BP stock rose around 5%. Today it fell 1.8%. Anybody who shorted the stock at its' height and sold it today made 1.8%, which is better than any bank interest I know for 24 hours!
    Another involved in this ruse was Shell in the Netherlands which, once the rumour was spread that they would buy out parts of troubled BP their shares declined, which is more money for the shorters.
    Another article which I found interesting was involving Total today where the CEO of that company was asked to confirm their buying up of parts of BP. That is intersting as it appears thay also may have been caught up in these rumours: http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/tot...xjZW9zYXlz?x=0

So who started these rumours in the first place?

The answers my friends will probably not suprise you, the following taken from Yahoo! yesterday: http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/lon...87f12e2db.html

"BP is close to emulating the 5% rise it achieved yesterday. The shares have been on a roll ever since JPMorgan Cazenove indulged in what it called "fantasy M&A" and said that the UK oil giant would make a good addition to the Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM - news) empire. Sector peer Royal Dutch Shell (Amsterdam: RDSA.AS - news) goes the other way, falling in line with oil prices."

It seems that the markets are so desperate, they are taking 'fantasy' moves as the real deal.

Best regards,

Steve
    Last edited by steve_a; 2nd July 2010 at 20:03.

14. Link to Post #234
    Thanks

Quote Posted by steve_a (here)
    Hi Everyone,

......"BP is close to emulating the 5% rise it achieved yesterday. The shares have been on a roll ever since JPMorgan Cazenove indulged in what it called "fantasy M&A" and said that the UK oil giant would make a good addition to the Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM - news) empire. Sector peer Royal Dutch Shell (Amsterdam: RDSA.AS - news) goes the other way, falling in line with oil prices."

It seems that the markets are so desperate, they are taking 'fantasy' moves as the real deal.

Best regards,

Steve
    Thanks Steve for all your great detective work and sharing of your knowledge of the stock market. It is greatly valued and beams more light on this subject.

Keep digging, sharing and being curious, Ba-ba-Ra

15. Link to Post #235
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 325 posts

Gulf oil leak could be capped by Monday: officialAFP
    July 10, 2010, 6:35 am
    Send

EmailIMShare

DeliciousTwitterMyspaceDiggStumble UponFacebookPrintADVERTISEMENT

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AFP) - Efforts to place a new containment cap over the gushing Gulf of Mexico oil well could effectively stop the disastrous spill as early as Monday, a US official said Friday.

Admiral Thad Allen, who oversees the government's spill response, said on day 81 of the disaster that an operation to swap in the new cap could begin Saturday and the entire process would take "about three to four days."

If successful, the new cap could capture all of the crude spilling into the Gulf and allow it to siphoned up to container vessels on the surface, in effect halting the devastating spill of crude into the sea that has imperiled fragile coastlines and wildlife across the Gulf Coast.

The days-long process of switching containment devices, however, could see the amount of oil spilling into the ocean temporarily increase by up to 15,000 barrels.

"There would be a multi-day period there when we're putting the containment cap on where there would be some exposure of hydrocarbons going into the environment," said Allen.

The operation is the latest attempt to contain the spill that was sparked by the April 20 explosion aboard the BP-leased Deepwater Horizon oil rig.

Current government estimates of the spill range from between 35,000 to 60,000 barrels a day, based on interpretation of a live video feed of the leak.

The new cap along with a connection to another processing ship -- the Helix Producer -- underway on Friday could boost the amount of captured oil by more than three-fold to 60,000 to 80,000 barrels a day, according to Allen.

Getting the Helix online may "mitigate the gap" in switching containment caps, so that the full amount of crude does not spill into the sea, he added.

The White House has pushed for the new containment device because its superior seal is expected to capture the entire leak and is better equipped to deal with a hurricane threat in the storm-prone Gulf.

Crews have already seen clean-up and containment operations hampered by bad weather associated with Hurricane Alex, and with an active storm season predicted, officials are developing contingencies for future dramatic weather disturbances.

The new system will use "quick-disconnect couplings" allowing container ships to shut down operations and exit the area quickly in the face of a hurricane, Allen said.

An estimated two to four million barrels of oil have gushed into the Gulf waters since the spill began, and a permanent solution is not expected until one of two relief wells is completed.

The first is scheduled to be finished in mid-August, and while drilling is ahead of schedule, officials have cautioned that the final part of the process is the slowest and most difficult.

Allen said he expected the new containment cap would help shut down the leak via a relief well and could also allow officials to get an accurate measure of just how bad the leak is.

"Once the cap is on and we've completely sealed the wellhead, we will have internal pressure data that will actually tell us for the first time what the flow is," he said.

Oil has now washed up on beaches in all five Gulf states -- Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida -- forcing the closure of fishing grounds and threatening scores of coastal communities with financial ruin.

The spill prompted President Barack Obama's administration to order a moratorium on deepwater drilling, but the freeze was overturned by a federal court last month and an appeals court upheld that ruling on Thursday.

The motion was denied because the government failed to show "a likelihood of irreparable injury if the stay is not granted," the appeals panel judges wrote in a 2-1 ruling.

The government also "made no showing that there is any likelihood that drilling activities will be resumed pending appeal."

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar has said he will soon issue a new order to block deepwater drilling regardless of how the court ruled and oil companies have not resumed drilling due to the legal uncertainties.

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, who had warned the freeze could cost his state 20,000 jobs, hailed the court's decision.

"We absolutely want drilling to be done safely and do not want another spill or one more drop of oil on our coast or in our water, but thousands of Louisianians should not have to lose their jobs because the federal government can't adequately do its job of ensuring drilling is done safely," he said.

16. Link to Post #236
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,137 times in 500 posts

I've read two news pieces today that got my attention....one about tar balls washing up near Daytona Beach,,,east coast...and another announcing Canadian Troops are being sent to patrol the Gulf coast...(approved in FEBRUARY !!!) how did they know???? Anyway, it's getting curiouser and curiouser !! Blessings all...

17. Link to Post #237
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Lefty Dave,

The Canadian troops seems interesting. Do you have a link to the source of your information please?

Best regards,

Steve

OBS: Found it. Before it's news... : http://beforeitsnews.com/story/95/33...ulf_Coast.html
    Last edited by steve_a; 10th July 2010 at 00:14.

18. Link to Post #238
    Thanks

hmm, curious about Canadian troops. Here's another curious item that may or may not be related. Report of 7/6 on www.military.com - Costa Rica granted U.S. right to bring in 7,000 troops, 5 planes and 46 warships to stem flow of drugs northward. 46 warships??..... while Costa Rica is not in the Gulf of Mexico it is on the Caribbean .. and since Chavez of Venezuela offered to help Cuba with clean up if the oil reaches it's shores - could these ships be to deter their help, or am I just adding 2 + 2 and getting 6?

The mind doth do strange things! Ba-ba-Ra
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

19. Link to Post #239
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

In light of the Gulf oil spill, cleaning up the Gulf doesn't look so promising, as the UN calls to ditch the dollar in lieu of a new world currency. Not getting much news on whats actually happening in the Gulf. Don't know how something this serious can be downplayed by mainstream media to this extent ~ and gotten away with. However, this is what Gerald Celente has to say about both the above mentioned catastrophies.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pCBpi...eature=channel

I'm no lover of war but I have to admit, it gave me a feeling of distinct pleasure when Celente mentioned it cost a cool Billion to protect the G-20 in Toronto, Canada.

Anyway, Celente goes on to say that the Gulf is fissured, something I think we all are waiting to hear some sort of clear conformation on, one way or another. He doesn't seem to mince words about it though.

I would certainly like to know who his source was or, to hear from yet another source, or, more sources other than just Lindsey, that will serve to back the other two up or, discredit them. I sure don't want to go against Lindsey's findings but then, I don't really want them to be true either.
    Last edited by sygh; 14th July 2010 at 08:12.

20. Link to Post #240
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sygh (here)

Anyway, Celente goes on to say that the Gulf is fissured, something I think we all are waiting to hear some sort of clear conformation on, one way or another.
    Here is some older info on the ruptured seabed, FYI

Senator Bill Nelson (D-Florida) interview with Andrea Mitchell
    (it gets REALLY interesting at 2:30 into the clip) "We’re looking into something new right now: that there’s reports of oil seeping up from the seabed - which would indicate, if that’s true, that the well casing itself is actually pierced underneath the seabed. If so, the problems we're facing could be just enormous"

Dylan Ratigan/ MSNBC reports on seabed damage and plumes coming from OTHER THAN the BP well hole ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 12 13 LastLast