+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1 5 15 23 LastLast

Thread: The death of Comet Elenin : a return to rationality?

1. Link to Post #281
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Default Re: The death of Comet Elenin : a return to rationality?

Quote Posted by Mutchie (here)
    its a sore fight for a half loaf !!!
    Mutchie, "sare fecht for a half loaf" dinnae ye mean?

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Cjay (12th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #282
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Helvetic (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

4) 'Planet X' (a brown dwarf star several times the size of Jupiter) is out there, heading this way, but we'll only be informed of it officially in a few years' time. It will not cause any civilization-destroying cataclysm, but is likely to trigger extreme weather and various forms of seismic activity - mainly due to its influence on the sun.
    At the 2009 "A New World, If You Can Take It" Conference in Zürich all the speakers including you Bill, made jokes about "Planet X" stating that this is disinfo. How do you came to your new conclusion?
    To be fair, I suppose many of us revise our positions over time, with more info coming to our attention.
    I am not the same guy I was in 09 and I bet Bill is different too. Still a nugget, but a different nugget.

4. Link to Post #283
    Macedonia Avalon Member Orion.V's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    -------

4) 'Planet X' (a brown dwarf star several times the size of Jupiter) is out there, heading this way, but we'll only be informed of it officially in a few years' time. It will not cause any civilization-destroying cataclysm, but is likely to trigger extreme weather and various forms of seismic activity - mainly due to its influence on the sun.
    At the 2009 "A New World, If You Can Take It" Conference in Zürich all the speakers including you Bill, made jokes about "Planet X" stating that this is disinfo. How do you came to your new conclusion?
    To be fair, I suppose many of us revise our positions over time, with more info coming to our attention.
    I am not the same guy I was in 09 and I bet Bill is different too. Still a nugget, but a different nugget.
    Indeed, the more you dig in the bigger the information hole is and you come to new realizations and conclusions.
    You take a small break and you get back to work because it's going to get bigger and bigger ....

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orion.V For This Post:

aranuk (13th September 2011), Bridey (12th September 2011), Cjay (12th September 2011), Fred Steeves (13th September 2011), Lord Sidious (12th September 2011)

6. Link to Post #284
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

The Godlike Productions poster who claimed he'd visited Elenin was a hoaxer. If anyone's interested, I can dissect his testimony (and have done so... there's a document I wrote which I can post). I exchanged views with David Wilcock about it, and he agrees fully.
    Please do, I would be interested in reading the document. I have been following along with that story, as it has been most entertaining, and would appreciate your views.
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lazlo For This Post:

Cjay (12th September 2011), OmetaOne (13th September 2011)

8. Link to Post #285
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

We're all learning and un-learning so our heads don't explode or so we can learn some more. This knowledge game is fun!

The world used to be flat. Then it was spherical. It might be flat again one day. I will still wonder what's on the other side or inside or underneath.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Fred Steeves (13th September 2011), Lazlo (12th September 2011)

10. Link to Post #286
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Hopefully Bill will clarify on this point himself, but I think one distinction is that the brown dwarf is not Nibiru, or Planet X, as it has been called, though Planet X is a name has been bandied about a lot. So the brown dwarf is not a planet inhabited by the Annunaki, who Bill has stated elsewhere are probably still here in some numbers, at least (and on Mars), and in any case, have faster than light speed ships in which they can come here anytime if they so choose. They are not dependent on their (alleged) home planet Nibiru coming into close enough proximity to Earth that they could travel here in the more antiquated ships that Sitchin theorized they must have used in ancient times.
    Though Bill has stated the Annunaki do exist, I'm not sure what he has said about Nibiru or where it is located at present, but according to Sitchin, it will not come close enough to Earth to cause any problems for quite some time.
    As to whether it is the brown dwarf that caused cataclysms in ancient times otherwise attributed to Nibiru by Sitchin and others, Bill seems to be saying that is not the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_collision
    "Sitchin published a book, The End of Days, which set the time for the last passing of Nibiru by Earth at 556 BC, which would mean, given the object's supposed 3,600-year orbit, that it would return sometime around AD 2900."

-------

11. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

OmetaOne (13th September 2011)

12. Link to Post #287
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by joedjemal (here)
    I think this puts an end to elenin.

http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2011/...-moon-tonight/
    Quote Posted by 13th Warrior (here)
    Saying that Elenin has broken up is jumping the gun a little; all sited articles state that it "APEARS" to have broken up...that isn't conformation type language to me.

[...]
    From http://sydneystargazers.com/:

Further signs that Elenin Broke Up•September 12, 2011 • Michael Mattiazzo took a picture of comet elenin yesterday which we looked at today. The picture shows further proof that comet Elenin has broken up into pieces as a result of the effect of the sun’s gravity and heat on it.
    Comet Elenin should almost be a 6th magnitude comet at this stage, meaning that it should be almost visible to the naked eye. Instead however, Elenin is now reported to be a 10th magnitude comet which is now a faint smudge in the sky using telescopes.
    Radio astronomers have also reported that the radio signals they bounced off the comet show that elenin has no water which indicates a comet breakup.
    We processed the picture taken by Michael Mattiazzo to remove some of the background noise but as you can see there is very little left of comet elenin. The comet is in the lower center of the picture. We expect that there will be nothing to see of the comet after the next week or two.

Comet Elenin is no more... it has ceased to exist... this is an EX-comet... to paraphrase these guys:

It is now a cloud of minuscule asteroids.

Of course, the propaganda owners are not going to let it go as that... same as the petshop owner.
    Last edited by Hervé; 12th September 2011 at 20:44.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

joedjemal (13th September 2011), Lazlo (12th September 2011)

14. Link to Post #288
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,885 times in 912 posts

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Quote Posted by joedjemal (here)
    I think this puts an end to elenin.

http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2011/...-moon-tonight/
    Saying that Elenin has broken up is jumping the gun a little; all sited articles state that it "APEARS" to have broken up...that isn't conformation type language to me.

[...]
    From http://sydneystargazers.com/:

Further signs that Elenin Broke Up•September 12, 2011 • Michael Mattiazzo took a picture of comet elenin yesterday which we looked at today. The picture shows further proof that comet Elenin has broken up into pieces as a result of the effect of the sun’s gravity and heat on it.
    Comet Elenin should almost be a 6th magnitude comet at this stage, meaning that it should be almost visible to the naked eye. Instead however, Elenin is now reported to be a 10th magnitude comet which is now a faint smudge in the sky using telescopes.
    Radio astronomers have also reported that the radio signals they bounced off the comet show that elenin has no water which indicates a comet breakup.
    We processed the picture taken by Michael Mattiazzo to remove some of the background noise but as you can see there is very little left of comet elenin. The comet is in the lower center of the picture. We expect that there will be nothing to see of the comet after the next week or two.

Comet Elenin is no more... it has ceased to exist... this is an EX-comet... to paraphrase these guys:

Of course, the propaganda owners are not going to let it go as that... same as the petshop owner.
    The basis for the breakup theory is the dimming of the comet vs brightening thus it must be breaking up?

Perhaps Richard Hoagland is correct in that this isn't a comet because it isn't acting like a comet...
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

christian (12th September 2011), The Truth Is In There (13th September 2011)

16. Link to Post #289
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

[...]

The basis for the breakup theory is the dimming of the comet vs brightening thus it must be breaking up?

Perhaps Richard Hoagland is correct in that this isn't a comet because it isn't acting like a comet...
    It's acting like a broken up comet, it looks like a broken up comet, it echoes to radar like a broken up comet... it is an EX-comet.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

greybeard (12th September 2011), joedjemal (13th September 2011)

18. Link to Post #290
    Thanks

Cool, does that mean that we are going to get another annual meteor shower? The perseids, the leonids, and now the ELENIDS
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

19. Link to Post #291
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lazlo (here)
    Cool, does that mean that we are going to get another annual meteor shower? The perseids, the leonids, and now the ELENIDS
    That's a good possibility... in another 12,000 years .
    Last edited by Hervé; 12th September 2011 at 21:30.

20. Link to Post #292
    Thanks

That's a good possibility... in another 12,000 years .
    Must have been my mis-understanding of how this stuff works. I thought that Elenin was crossing Earth's orbital path and would leave dust and debris in a trail that we would pass through annually. I was thinking that it would leave a pretty good trail since it was dissolving into a cloud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids

The Perseids ( /ˈpɜrsiːɨdz/) are a prolific meteor shower associated with the comet Swift-Tuttle. The Perseids are so-called because the point from which they appear to come, called the radiant, lies in the constellation Perseus. The name derives in part from the word Perseides (Περσείδες), a term found in Greek mythology referring to the sons of Perseus. The stream of debris is called the Perseid cloud and stretches along the orbit of the comet Swift-Tuttle. The cloud consists of particles ejected by the comet as it travels on its 130-year orbit. Most of the dust in the cloud today is around a thousand years old. However, there is also a relatively young filament of dust in the stream that was pulled off the comet in 1862.[1] The rate of meteors originating from this filament is much higher than for the older part of the stream.

21. Link to Post #293
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Finally - a long needed voice of reason and reality here on Avalon. Let's put the Sci-Fi stories to rest...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to anklebiter For This Post:

Hervé (13th September 2011)

23. Link to Post #294
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

[...]

Must have been my mis-understanding of how this stuff works. I thought that Elenin was crossing Earth's orbital path and would leave dust and debris in a trail that we would pass through annually. I was thinking that it would leave a pretty good trail since it was dissolving into a cloud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids

[...]
    That's more of the propaganda: The cloud of asteroids will follow comet Elenin's long period orbital path. Accordingly, Earth won't cross that path and trail until next year when most, if not all, the dust and particles will have been blown off beyond Pluto with the solar wind... and the cloud of asteroids well on its way out of this solar system.

Elenin crossing Earth's orbit doesn't happen in a 3D geometric rendering of its path. It crosses the ecliptic plane around Sept. 13 and that's the only spot where Elenin's tail is directly aligned with Earth's orbit. However, the Earth is well ahead of that spot.

Beyond tomorrow, anything Elenin that doesn't follow its orbital path gets blown "above" Earth's orbit.
    Last edited by Hervé; 12th September 2011 at 22:04.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Lazlo (12th September 2011)

25. Link to Post #295
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

Quote Posted by chiquetet (here)
    Quote Posted by The Truth Is In There (here)
    i'm sorry but i think you're wrong regarding the things in your second quote. we haven't "forgotten" what we've done, we decided to incarnate on earth in order to learn, grow and experience ourselves including human emotions and so on.
    I think it's semantics, so what you are saying is actually "we consciously chose to forget" - so we have forgotten.
    yes, that's about what i mean.

And I don't think it is truly 'necessary' to forget, all knowing would not at all render experiences impossible.
    Let me cite Goethe: “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.”
    We still got free-will choices.
    the problem is that we wouldn't make mistakes if we knew everything. and making mistakes is the biggest help when it comes to learning. or would you touch that wonderfully glowing hot stove top even if you knew that it may not be the best of ideas?

Quote Posted by The Truth Is In There (here)
    just like the creator created everything so do we because in essence we are the creator. the way you describe it is like seeing it from a bottom position looking upwards, you identify with your incarnated self, one aspect of your higher self that has this experience, but it has to be seen from the top downwards (i'm using "top" and "bottom" just to illustrate what i mean)
    I cannot quite follow you here, Bill said clearly he thinks we are spiritual beings and that our body is a vehicle.

It's getting more and more into the mists of metaphysics, but I want to share my view on the issue, that I don't think the creator (source) and the creation (all that is, we) are the same. We are co-creators, but 'God's thoughts are not God' to quote the Divine Iliad. God's thoughts can think upon themselves and thus co-create though.
    yes but to me bill's viewpoint appears to be that of the limited 3rd dimensional vehicle and not the unlimited consciousness that we all are. what i meant is that you can place your viewpoint in the human mind which fusses about earth changes and so on, or you can place it in a state of unlimited consciousness where you are everything and see these things for what they are - pieces of the game you yourself created. as long as you keep your pov in the game you'll be a victim of the circumstances you yourself create in order to help you expand your consciousness to the point where you can exit the game.

if you say the creator and creation are not the same that is quite a dualistic viewpoint, don't you think? the creator is everything and so everything is the creator. whatever the iliad says, i know for sure that my thoughts can't think for themselves, it's me who does the thinking.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

christian (13th September 2011), Davidallany (14th September 2011), Fred Steeves (13th September 2011), Lord Sidious (13th September 2011), mountain_jim (13th September 2011)

27. Link to Post #296
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 times in 355 posts

[...]

It's acting like a broken up comet, it looks like a broken up comet, it echoes to radar like a broken up comet... it is an EX-comet.
    I think you are copying my theme I started a monty python parrot ex comet theme on Hoaglands site a couple of days ago, everyone on his site blew up in my face like they often do on here. they all insisted that all the evidence that I presented was rubish and the posters of it were unreliable, they all demanded absolute proof. I explained that no one has absolute proof and that they were just being selective about who they believed because they were just following Hoagland like sheeple. I pointed out that they had nothing but what other people had posted as proof that it hadn't broken up. I asked if any of them had a massive telescope and could actually see it, or a space craft to go and check, and then of course the bullying starts and the name calling. I pointed out that no matter how much they insult me or call me names it doesn't change the facts, Hoagland defended his case with an elleven day old video someone had posted on youtube, because of course anything on youtube is gospel. And ultimately as the thread went on and there was just no way they could actually prove their claims true, hoagland did the expected and made the truth go away by banning me. There we have the good old American freedom of speech in action God bless America.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Daft Ada For This Post:

Hervé (13th September 2011)

29. Link to Post #297
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

"Demonstration and refutation together with their fallacies are useful in arguing with others; and perception and inference together with their fallacies are useful for self-understanding" - Dignaga (420-500AD)

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elle For This Post:

Davidallany (14th September 2011), Lazlo (13th September 2011), Lord Sidious (13th September 2011)

31. Link to Post #298
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Quote Posted by Daft Ada (here)
    Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    It took the Buddha three incalculable eons to become enlightened.
    It took Milarepa one life time. Milarepa had the help from Marpa.

We have much to cut through, and have been irrational for a very
    long time.

Kind regards
    Tony
    Not really a lot of point in trying then is there, I certainly haven't got that kind of time.
    Dear Anno,
    you have all the time in the universe!!!! And that is infinite.........

Tony

PS, Actually this could be your last incarnation, all you have to do is discover why people are irrational!
    Last edited by Tony; 13th September 2011 at 13:37.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

christian (13th September 2011), Davidallany (14th September 2011), Lord Sidious (13th September 2011)

33. Link to Post #299
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

The debate among astronomers and enthusiasts from all around the world regarding this subject including various arguments and counter-arguments seems to be best to watch on this page :

http://spaceobs.org/en/2011/09/09/th...-comet-elenin/

Scroll down to 'comments' section and replies to them . There seems to be common agreement in that even if there're disintegration processes going on ,
    the comet will still follow its path .

Comment from 'Adrian' , 2 days ago reads :

Quote The blue/green colour of Comet Elenin suggests very strongly that the coma includes a high level of Hydrogen Cyande - HCN - characteristic of historical comets such as Haleys Comet. So making assumptions based on OH when clearly, from an observational perspective, the coma probably consists of a high concentration of another gas - HCN - is both misleading and unrepresentative of the true status of the comet, just as the premature assumption that a dimming of the coma indicates disintegration.

Images taken by Francis Walsh with different filters confirms that the construction of the comet as a whole differs in accordance with the filter and method of observation used, but does not indicate a conclusive disintegration.

The next next date to confirm its status seems to be around September 23 in the view of SOHO telescopes .

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

13th Warrior (13th September 2011), Billy (13th September 2011), Davidallany (14th September 2011), Lazlo (13th September 2011), Lord Sidious (13th September 2011), princesslovercup (14th September 2011)

35. Link to Post #300
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 times in 350 posts

Quote Posted by OnyxKnight (here)
    Yeah right, some people just don't know when to quit and admit they are wrong do they.
    Was that directed at me?
    hmmm maybe the quote is a clue What part of "Elenin is just a cloud of snowballs" don't you understand? Have you read the link? are you going to call the man who discovered it in the first place and is now saying it has broken up, a liar. i think you are in denial, but ok hang on to it for a few more days if it makes you happy and when the snow balls have all melted by the sun you can start on the next comet that's coming
    I don't know for a fact that it is indeed either a ''cloud of snowballs'' nor do I know that it is now cactus.
    I take no mans word for anything unless I check it out first if it is an important enough topic.
    Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.........
    "Thinking: The talking of the soul with itself” - Plato
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1 5 15 23 LastLast