+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: Would you like to share your ancestry?

1. Link to Post #101
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

Default Re: Would you like to share your ancestry?

HI anybody know what this stands for???

regards
    roman

2. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Quote Posted by Symbolseeker (here)
    My ancestry is traced on my father's side to Scotland, to the Tonsured Servants of St. John, and through MacBeth. My maternal ancestry is much more interesting, through Charlemagne, several king's of Scotland, Templar crusaders, and Lords of Wales and England. Like you I am an American, but it is fun to look at my family's past, how we came to be here - the Bradford's on the Mayflower are in my past - and how old my line is. It seems it the really ancient past there are Pictish people in my ancestry. I am still American, and happy to be one. I often wonder if there is a castle in my future.....
    Hey Symbolseeker, looks like we are cousins -- I can trace my ancestry to 14 of the Mayflower passengers, including William Bradford.

I'm also descended from 3 people who were accused of being witches in the 1692 Salem witch hysteria, only one of which was executed (Rebecca Nurse).
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

3. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    I would surely love to know the origins of my last name, Morgan. I´m sure there´s a lot of Morgans in the UK, but that´s all I know...
    Well, Mr. Morgan, there was a certain Henry Morgan, a very famous pirate, roaming the Caribbean in the 1600s, if you get my drift....
    It's not that close to Brazil, but it's not all that far either, especially not for someone who came all the way from Europe. :-)

Oh and by the way, I believe his fabled treasure in the island of Providencia still hasn't been found!

ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

4. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote Posted by ROMANWKT (here)
    HI anybody know what this stands for???

regards
    roman

Well, that's the English (Tudor) rose -- quite prominent, in two places -- and those "horns" may be cornucopia.
    but that's all I know.

It should be easy enough to find out, however, with the help of a good heraldry book.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6