+ Reply to Thread
Page 2488 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1488 1988 2388 2438 2478 2488 2498 2538 2588 2703 LastLast
Results 49,741 to 49,760 of 54046

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #49741
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Watch this video of Hillary without paying too much attention to what she’s saying: it is a faultless impersonation of an Obama speech; intonation, the timed pauses for effect, looking to right and left... all right on the nail.

Of course those conspiracy nutters will tell you they must have plugged the wrong software into the wrong clone. But I’m looking for some sensible explanation. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find one. It’s not as though she is unconsciously imitating someone she deeply admires. Any suggestions?
    They all had the same trainers probably. Public speaking is something you can learn, like drama class.
    Moving the head from left to right is designed to make sure that no one in the audience feels unaddressed.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Carmody (13th September 2016), fourty-two (13th September 2016), Foxie Loxie (12th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (12th September 2016), Sierra (13th September 2016), skyflower (13th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #49742
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

yes this is right, you usually divide the crowd in 6-8 iinches square (from you eyes projecting out) and look at each square while sweeping the crowd. Everyone in the square gets the impression of having had eye contact with you. Easier with smaller crowds, but still feasible with larger ones. Obama has it quite well, Hitler too had it well. And yes, it is taught. if she is sweeping too fast, or going from left to right without sweeping, then people will have the impression of falsehood (even if both are, one is not perceived as such).

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Watch this video of Hillary without paying too much attention to what she’s saying: it is a faultless impersonation of an Obama speech; intonation, the timed pauses for effect, looking to right and left... all right on the nail.

Of course those conspiracy nutters will tell you they must have plugged the wrong software into the wrong clone. But I’m looking for some sensible explanation. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find one. It’s not as though she is unconsciously imitating someone she deeply admires. Any suggestions?
    They all had the same trainers probably. Public speaking is something you can learn, like drama class.
    Moving the head from left to right is designed to make sure that no one in the audience feels unaddressed.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (12th September 2016), Sierra (13th September 2016), skyflower (13th September 2016), ulli (12th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #49743
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,162 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)

There's probably a few words on the left teleprompter with a right-pointing arrow at the bottom, then it's over to the right....... more mindless babble, then left-pointing arrow etc etc............
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

fourty-two (13th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (12th September 2016), Sierra (13th September 2016), skyflower (13th September 2016), ulli (12th September 2016)

7. Link to Post #49744
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

I don't really think of it as a trained technique, I think of it as a common sense tactic when addressing a crowd. My personal experience is that tends to lose it's effectiveness when the crowd exceeds more than 3-400 people, as the people begin to become too far away. I just fell into it naturally as method of making sure I was engaging everyone in the given crowd, and that the data was imparted into the group.

Fundamentally...that eye contact is required within certain timing cycles, to help people concentrate on the data set being proffered. Individual personal conversation, with 400 people at a time.

It can't quite be pure oration, it has to sound personalized, with some of the aspects of personal small talk, in how it is carried. To deliver the message in a personal close way that puts a response on the tip of the recipients mind, as if it is individualized conversation. This is a good part of how one gains full engagement in the given audience. That one is doing a back and forth, a give and take, but one part of the conversation is silent- the one of the audience. It is their minds that become active, if you've done it correctly.

Thus the term 'engaging speaker'.
    Last edited by Carmody; 13th September 2016 at 02:01.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

animovado (13th September 2016), avid (13th September 2016), Flash (13th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (13th September 2016), Sierra (13th September 2016), skyflower (13th September 2016), TargeT (13th September 2016), ulli (13th September 2016)

9. Link to Post #49745
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

Today, I sat next to a person who was very angry. I ended up picking up that energy, and I felt sick. It felt like a bad heartburn. I felt better when I physically removed myself from the proximity of that angry person.
    Last week, I felt fear, and panic, and got heart palpitations, out of the blue. I know I was picking up someone else's feelings.
    A few days earlier, I was meditating, and suddenly found myself crying, and sending healing to the planet.

I quit my toxic job last year, and spent the past year looking within, and letting go of a lot of baggage. I meditate regularly now, and I am in a very good place energetically now. I could easily say, I am a very different person today, compared to who I was last year.

I have no qualms about connecting to higher frequency while meditating...But it's a bit disconcerting to pick up these lower frequencies. I wonder if I am unwittingly leaving myself open energetically?

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

Baby Steps (14th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (13th September 2016), Sierra (13th September 2016), ulli (13th September 2016)

11. Link to Post #49746
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Yes, It sounds like you are picking up all kinds of frequencies. Comes with opening up I guess.

Instead of trying to remedy such an ordeal. What if you are the only one in the viscinity that is capable of transmuting such energies? For years I meditated like most by connecting to the so called higher frequencies. And although that feels good. It also means i.m.o that I am pushing out the lower ones. Preferably through transmutation, but more often by just sending the **** outwards to be dealt with by something else. Gods, mother earth.. Anything.

When I noticed that I changed my practise from letting go of the lower and connecting to the higher to accept all energies and transmuting it within to be part of the love that I am. Making sure that at least what I send out is better than what I take in.

It is not a bad thing to pick up energy. It is what it is. see it as such and make the world a better place by transmuting.

With Love
    Eelco

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), hohoemi (13th September 2016), littleOne (13th September 2016), PurpleLama (13th September 2016), RunningDeer (13th September 2016), Sierra (13th September 2016), skyflower (13th September 2016), ulli (13th September 2016)

13. Link to Post #49747
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

Thank you Eelco for ur wonderful insight.

I'm pretty new to this. It's only recent that I have been able to separate outside frequencies from mine.

Any pointers on how to transmute it before sending it away?

So far I have been just focused on getting rid of it like the plague.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (13th September 2016), Sierra (13th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

15. Link to Post #49748
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    I don't really think of it as a trained technique, I think of it as a common sense tactic when addressing a crowd. My personal experience is that tends to lose it's effectiveness when the crowd exceeds more than 3-400 people, as the people begin to become too far away. I just fell into it naturally as method of making sure I was engaging everyone in the given crowd, and that the data was imparted into the group.

Fundamentally...that eye contact is required within certain timing cycles, to help people concentrate on the data set being proffered. Individual personal conversation, with 400 people at a time.

It can't quite be pure oration, it has to sound personalized, with some of the aspects of personal small talk, in how it is carried. To deliver the message in a personal close way that puts a response on the tip of the recipients mind, as if it is individualized conversation. This is a good part of how one gains full engagement in the given audience. That one is doing a back and forth, a give and take, but one part of the conversation is silent- the one of the audience. It is their minds that become active, if you've done it correctly.

Thus the term 'engaging speaker'.
    Maybe a political speaker does not want "their minds" to become too much active, that would be a dangerous zone in the circumstances. lollllllllll - just kidding

However, I do think that in politics, it is more the emotions that have to become active, for the given politician success. In scientific or corporate situations, then the mind has to become active as well. Anyhow, your basic principles are right Carmody, imo.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Carmody (14th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (13th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

17. Link to Post #49749
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Quote Posted by skyflower (here)
    Thank you Eelco for ur wonderful insight.

I'm pretty new to this. It's only recent that I have been able to separate outside frequencies from mine.

Any pointers on how to transmute it before sending it away?

So far I have been just focused on getting rid of it like the plague.
    Well that is indeed the tricky part.
    Once you transmute the energies to be a part of you. I don't think you have to send it away anymore. As the energy is now a part of you.

This may sound as if there is a definite beginning, middle and end, but in my experience the boundaries aren't all that clear.

First i'd propose finding a few meditations/visualisations that can help in controlling the flow of incoming energies. Maybe visualize a mirror dome around you that will reflect "too much unwanted energie" back to sender. Maybe visualize a guardian rose that will only allow "sympathetic energie" to enter your field and scare of the unsympathetic ones away with it's thorns.
    This is so you get some sense of control over overwhelming energies.

Then once you allow to resonate or take in "lower energy" see how or where it effects you within. could be bodily sensations, could be as fleeting as thoughts that you don't recognize as your own. See where in life you had a similar energy affect you. Then just forgive yourself, forgive the other and that's it.

Once forgiven and loved the energy will transmute by itself. Mind you that it may feel different, heavier and less kumbaya than you imagine. That's ok.
    In my experience it usually takes a while to see clearly what happened as some of the heavier feelings sometimes linger once the transmutation is happening or even long done.

So far for helpful visualizations. In the end I found that boundaries between what is mine and what is someone elses disappear. As we are One. It doesn't matter that much to me anymore who started what. Its about what do I experience now (the whole enchilada) and what do I wish to express in this moment.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't that just think of it as the ramblings of an uninformed crazy person who has lost touch with reality.

With Love
    Eelco

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), PurpleLama (14th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

19. Link to Post #49750
    Thanks

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (14th September 2016), avid (14th September 2016), Carmody (14th September 2016), Curt (14th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016)

21. Link to Post #49751
    Thanks

¤=[Post Update]=¤

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (14th September 2016), Baby Steps (14th September 2016), Carmody (14th September 2016), fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), sunpaw (15th September 2016)

23. Link to Post #49752
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

I'll just say that the above graph's conclusions are baseless and complete guesses (they refer to "fossil fuel"... sheesh).

Plus we've come to a fairly solid conclusion that the earths temperatures are almost entirely sun-activity dependent.

"drastic emission limiting" will do absolutely nothing for "global temperatures" it will do a lot for local regions, like bejing.

Just like vaccines, that were pointed at as the "cure" for diseases that were already on the decline before their intruduction.. this global warming hysteria will point to the rise of electric cars (which will take over for reasons un-related to environment) as their saving act (my prediction) or some other such non-sense.

M.O. See a trend, co-opt it & claim credit for what is inevitable.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

genevieve (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), lake (14th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

25. Link to Post #49753
    Thanks

I'll take the electric cars and gleefully stomp on the fossil fuel magnates and oligarchs.

Their influence and connections in the human sphere can't end soon enough.

And as they run from oil and energy systems, into other spheres of influence as an alternative for their designs, I'd gladly cut both reached for branch and arm from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

But, all that being said, their self-immolation will be great enough. Not biblical, but self enacted. The thing they don't know is that they themselves will make the repair and pressure upon the self equal the 'crime'.

The more I involve myself in their life and actions as a reflection or mirror... the more I enjoin their 'ride' and the more of their ride's flavours and flows that I inflict upon myself.

This, of course, is to be seen as self assessed and posited by me, as it can be no other way. Kind of the entire point, in the end. The idea of it as a knowledge gap creates the impression of it being local to my reasoning and circular, which again, fulfills it's intent and design. That line about 'all is permitted', somehow leaving out the 'all has price/cost' part.

Life has to be reactionary and involved, with range and contrast, otherwise....what would be the point? Intelligence by it's very nature, as a range of contrast and differential in complex expression in/of matter-information, requires this separation, otherwise it remains in connected stable order.... and is effectively.....nothing.
    Last edited by Carmody; 14th September 2016 at 15:58.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

animovado (14th September 2016), avid (14th September 2016), genevieve (15th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), lake (14th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), thunder24 (14th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

27. Link to Post #49754
    Thanks

Heard a radio program this morning relating a demand from ex Prime Minister Brian Mulroney to Prime Minister Trudeau to authorize a pipeline from Alberta to east, probably the Maritimes, going through Ontario and Quebec, stating that it would make Canada energy independent, and a worldwide force.

Then a commentator came in saying that we would not be independent of anything if the baril or oil remains at 20$.

A second commentator came in saying that why, if we want to be independent, did we sell our silver mines for a dime, why did we sell all of our resouces for a dime when they could make us become a world power if we were owning them.

And finally another commentator came in telling us that petroleum was not the way, all kinds of natural energies exist and we should use them or create them instead of fossil fuel, why don't we, talking about wind energies, hydro energies etc, she was just just short of talking of free energy.

I do not know if we are having those comments on public radio (radio Canada) only in Canada, if so, we are ahead of the crowd, and if not, people are waking up. Ever slowly, but they are. We have to keep going at it.

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    I'll take the electric cars and gleefully stomp on the fossil fuel magnates and oligarchs.

Their influence and connections in the human sphere can't end soon enough.

And as they run from oil and energy systems, into other spheres of influence as an alternative for their designs, I'd gladly cut both reached for branch and arm from them.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

animovado (14th September 2016), avid (14th September 2016), Carmody (14th September 2016), fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (15th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), lake (14th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), thunder24 (14th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

29. Link to Post #49755
    Thanks

One could even say that the highest intelligence evolves into being --- across dimensions.

A simple observation, in the end.

Ye olde expansion of awareness ....in it's most fundamental form.

From such points one can draw some interesting conclusions that fit the observations.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Flash (14th September 2016), fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (15th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), lake (14th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

31. Link to Post #49756
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

I just set Lady Mosquito free after repeated attempts to fit through the window screen. I wished her godspeed. I thought best not to mention it’s lunchtime for the birds. After all she’s entitled to her vision of morrow’s destiny without me mucking it up.

Lady Mosquito reminded me of last evening while I read in bed. A moth flitted about. I said, “How bout you and me make a deal? You land somewhere and I promised to set you free.”

I turned the reading lamp off and on. In full trust of our agreement, there she waited on the lamp stem. I gently scooped her up, released her to the moonlit night, and thought how cool is that?

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (14th September 2016), avid (14th September 2016), Carmody (14th September 2016), Catsquotl (14th September 2016), Flash (14th September 2016), fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (15th September 2016), hohoemi (14th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), lake (14th September 2016), Pam (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), sunpaw (15th September 2016), ThePythonicCow (18th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

33. Link to Post #49757
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

I felt a wonderful feeling of love for you and your kindness, Runningdeer, when I read your post. If I could live long enough to see humans embrace the sanctity of life in all living things I could leave with a smile. When we can come to appreciate that all things carry the same life force, a natural respect will follow. When this occurs, the world and it's creatures will finally find a balance.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

animovado (14th September 2016), Flash (14th September 2016), fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (15th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), lake (14th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

35. Link to Post #49758
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,636 times in 2,654 posts

Strangely, a large desperate worm appeared under my garage door after gasmen left, rinsed it off in birdbath and placed it in lawned garden. Gone, hopefully not down birdy-throat. We do what we can. Neighbouring cat very very hungry, a bit thin, so she also scoffed proper cat-fud today. 👍
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Flash (14th September 2016), fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (15th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), lake (14th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

37. Link to Post #49759
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,531 times in 811 posts

Well I don't know but

Quote It is also important to understand that when we consume meat, the DNA we consume is literally showing up in our body, our DNA mix.

Evolved humans don't eat meat as this is a simple logical fact, that is entirely unavoidable.

You can't get there, while eating meat.

It's probably your biggest anchor into animalism of self, personal inability to evolve in the given life..
    Is that the way

Quote Well, I never said I was not a meat eater. I just finished a plate of eggs and sausages.

I simply don't engage in hypocrisy about it.

It's about not cutting your legs off with a dull spoon, and then having the temerity to call yourself a runner.

In a world of people who are doing the same, I guess we can all crawl along in a race with one another, and call ourselves 'runners'...
    Ok then as long as we are clear on that

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Carmody (14th September 2016), Flash (14th September 2016), genevieve (15th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

39. Link to Post #49760
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

Washington state is the home of Starbucks HQ; a mecca for all social experiments with coffee. There is a coffee stand in every supermarket and a drive-thru kiosk next to every tienda mexicana. The variety of ways to have one's coffee made is staggering.

For instance, there are kiosks up here where women dressed in bikinis and/or themed costumes make your coffee.

My first encounter was "best friend" coffee shop. I had never even imagined such a place could ever exist before I walked up to it, thinking that "best friend" was one of the most adorable names for a shop ever. I asked the barista if she could fill up my travel mug with water. My vision is somewhere around 20:100 and I do not have glasses, so I did not notice she was wearing only an apron until she turned around.

I whispered to her with concern and urgency, "why arent you wearing pants!!"

She explained everything to me while I rehydrated. The coffee stand fashioning a "family friendly" sign in big block letters finally made sense. These little shops are often run by dudes who park their truck in the parking lot and just watch. These little shops are completely legal, obviously. The pay is better, but still just another slave wage on a societal perspective.

Such strange things exist in this world and WE support them. As a collective-- as One-- let us stop supporting the things we do not wish to be here any longer. We must choose to support a new reality. Diving off that cliff and living that reality, however little it does in the grand scheme of things (which is still minuscule; see Carl Sagan), is the most important act we can all actually do right now.
    Last edited by Fanna; 14th September 2016 at 17:20.
    ♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

animovado (14th September 2016), avid (14th September 2016), Carmody (14th September 2016), Flash (14th September 2016), fourty-two (14th September 2016), genevieve (15th September 2016), Jean-Marie (16th September 2016), lake (14th September 2016), RunningDeer (14th September 2016), Sierra (14th September 2016), skyflower (15th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2488 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1488 1988 2388 2438 2478 2488 2498 2538 2588 2703 LastLast