+ Reply to Thread
Page 2334 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1334 1834 2234 2284 2324 2334 2344 2384 2434 2703 LastLast
Results 46,661 to 46,680 of 54047

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #46661
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Sad news for you, grip ... shortly (a day or three, not sure when) your current signature, if it remains as it is, will be cleared out ... made empty.
    It is sad news for me Paul. I’m having a really strong reaction to my signature line being removed. I apologize in advance to Ulli for bringing this to her thread, but this is how I feel right here and now.
    No need to apologize, grip. This is what we are here for.
    The fine line between an individual and their position in relation to the collective...
    this cannot be discussed often enough.

My personal view is similar to the one you expressed here, and although I might object to some people's signatures which have flashing gifts, or otherwise objectionable images, (since I'm very visual by nature I would be sensitive to such...) a few extra lines of written text in my view do little harm.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (11th October 2015), Calz (12th October 2015), Curt (11th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), genevieve (12th October 2015), gripreaper (11th October 2015), heyokah (11th October 2015), Krist (11th October 2015), Limor Wolf (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (11th October 2015), Selkie (11th October 2015), Shannon (11th October 2015), Sierra (11th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), Wind (12th October 2015)

3. Link to Post #46662
    Thanks

I finally touched base with Tom Lescher, the Pele Report astrologer. After discovering that not only
    was he a frequent visitor to Costa Rica, but actually lives here now, having married a (rather beautiful) Costa Rican in 2014.
    And even more coincidentally, they live in San Pedro, a suburb of San Jose where I used to live and still own a house.
    He promptly replied, and I am thrilled to have him as a friend.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

3(C)+me (11th October 2015), araucaria (11th October 2015), Calz (12th October 2015), Curt (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), genevieve (12th October 2015), Heart-2-Heart (12th October 2015), Krist (11th October 2015), meeradas (12th October 2015), PurpleLama (11th October 2015), Shannon (11th October 2015), Sierra (11th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), transiten (11th October 2015), Wind (12th October 2015)

5. Link to Post #46663
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,690 times in 3,333 posts

Let me do a post on my signature. The first line is: It’s only a ride, a choice between fear and love. Yes, there is a link to the You Tube “The Big Electron”. Very succinct and moving. It really is that simple, our choice between fear and love. As quaint as it is, LOVE is the answer.

George Carlin and Bill Hicks, two of the greatest comedians of all time, were able to bring truth through comedy, and you know why this is important? Because the news is not endearing, yet comedy is. Comedy breaks down the defensive barriers and stirs the emotions, and it is the emotional counterpart which ties our physicality to the divine. It is through the cellular experience that we retain memory, and it is the deep heart which encodes these experiences in the very DNA of our immortal souls. It's only a ride, so don't take life so seriously.

Next, the “Right Use of Energy” is what I call righteousness, not some religious dogma about some avatar or savior teaching us about righteousness, through the punishment/reward memes of religiosity. You see, any stimulus can be pleasurable or painful, but it is our beliefs which determine how we react to such stimuli, and to remain unattached to these polarized events is the key to unity. So that is why my signature line states: The Future is a dream that I intend to become lucid in.

For, as we evolve and heal the polarized states of consciousness and move towards the middle path of unity, we will become more lucid and the distinction between the dream states and the awakened states will dissolve. That is how you know if you are waking up or not. So, taking the Red pill is the first step, to look at truth as it is and to own your own truth, to feel it and embrace it without judgment or attaching any belief structures to it, not to sequester it from the wholeness of who you truly are.

Therefore, "Just because I took the Red Pill does not mean I washed it down with kool aid". The Red Pill is a reference to the movie "The Matrix" where Morpheus offers Neo the choice to wake up and see the truth, or to go back to sleep. Neo chooses the Red Pill and after you choose to wake up, you can never go back.

In the United States, Kool Aid was a drink that sold like hotcakes back when I was growing up, and it was the greatest marketing scheme ever, to take water, put sugar in it and some coloring, and sell it. So, once you find out that Kool aid is just colored sugar water, then you are no longer trapped in illusion and drinking the kool aid. This phrase became an iconic phrase, and to this day is used whenever one believes untruths, or is slow to realize truth. We say: “They are still drinking the kool aid”

And last but not least, I have in my signature line “When you can walk on Water, take the boat”. It's definitely a strange boat. This refers to anyone who has gained great wisdom and is choosing to share their story with others. One must not elevate themselves to the status of guru, or to be someone who looks down on others as if to say, I am higher up in consciousness than you are.

Once you achieve some modicum of energetic enlivenment in your etheric body and your physical body is not trapped in the lower aberrant emotions, then you may appear to be an avatar, and you may have many who will flock to you, and some will want to cling to your energy and some will want to suck off your energy, but we must remain in balance and hold a strong boundary, and be compassionate and passionate.

Then finally, I link to the song “Strange Boat” by the Waterboys, which is kind of a theme song for Avalon, but also a theme for this earthly journey we are all on. It elicits emotion and helps to imbed and imbue experience here on planet earth. First and foremost, we must remember that we are all souls having a human experience, as we all agreed to the collective dream. We emote. It is through emotions that we have the human experience. It is this experience which is endearing.

So, NO, I do not want to change my signature line or to shorten it, and anyone who comes to Avalon for the first time and reads one of my posts for the first time, can take the journey through my signature line and know me in an instant. This signature encapsulates the true essence of the feelings and emotions which course through me each and every day and is a snapshot of who I am.

This is my soul on display. Take it or leave it. I also very much enjoy the signature lines of others because they encapsulate the deep truths in a very succinct way. I wish I could have all of them as my signature lines, yet I digress, it cannot be.

Thank you, Grip for your heartfelt post. There have been several times that I have contemplated the information in your signature. Just recently it caused me to review the works of Carlin and Hicks. I never cease to marvel at the spiritual understanding each one was able to speak through the medium of comedy.

I will be sorry to see your signature go. Maybe they will reconsider.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Calz (12th October 2015), Curt (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2015), genevieve (12th October 2015), Krist (11th October 2015), Lost N Found (11th October 2015), Shannon (11th October 2015), Sierra (11th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), ulli (11th October 2015), Wind (12th October 2015)

7. Link to Post #46664
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Lost N Found (here)
    I also want to thank you Wind for posting that album or song or entire. I got that album first when came home from Vietnam and fell asleep at night with head phones on listing over and over to it. I haven't followed this thread lately but gather that something is appearing in truth about this Ruiner/Shane person that does not smell right. I always felt with inner self like Meeradas stated above. These folks Cory Goode and this Ruiner appeared to me to be coming out of left field and do not want to go into any nasties but just could not get behind the rhetoric. Well I have something for you. Not sure what is happening with signature stuff and will have to go back and catch up on that but here is something I have been meaning to give to you. I just call it wind and when I first saw it I thought of you. Enjoy.
    Thanks for sharing your memories Ulli & Lost N Found and thanks for the pic!

Harrison & Lennon, and Beatles have had a great impact on me and apparently on many other people too...

I really like this album and it's message.
    Some time ago I bought the vinyl and if I'm not mistaken it's an well preserved original copy from 1973, I value it like a true treasure.

Also I fully agree about the "whistleblower" stuff, I usually tend to just observe these things without saying anything.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th October 2015), Calz (12th October 2015), Curt (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), genevieve (12th October 2015), Ivanhoe (12th October 2015), Krist (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), moekatz (12th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

9. Link to Post #46665
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,248 times in 32,909 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Sad news for you, grip ... shortly (a day or three, not sure when) your current signature, if it remains as it is, will be cleared out ... made empty.
    It is sad news for me Paul. I’m having a really strong reaction to my signature line being removed. I apologize in advance to Ulli for bringing this to her thread, but this is how I feel right here and now. I know, that when something which appears innocuous causes such a reaction in me, that there is most likely something core within me which is subjective and the charge of the reaction may not be commiserate with the current trigger, but I digress.

All of my life I have faced restrictions, authorities who for one reason or another felt it was in my best interest to follow their prescribed protocols because I may be infringing upon another’s rights. In this case, apparently, there are people who are distracted by the signature lines and are unable to ignore the signature once they have read it, in subsequent posts I am posting.

Apparently there are so many complaints, that the owners of this forum and those who monitor the forum feel they need to restrict the length of the signature portion of each page, in order to make it more palatable to a larger audience? I’m not really sure and I suppose if I am so strongly opposed to this I should enter the discussion on the appropriate thread and plead my case. But I digress again.

Why is it that there seems to be no place anymore on this planet where someone doesn’t feel the need to steer the discourse as well as restrict the free flow thereof? Am I over reacting? Probably, but really, what harm does the signature line really pose?

We face rules, restrictions, fees, taxes, laws, and all manner of subjugation every day, and we discuss this at great length here. We have alien interlopers who have come to this planet and stolen our heritage and are using earth as an energetic loosh farm, and we are being forced to pay debt for our very existence. We are told: Do this, don’t do that, get vaccinated because it’s a public health issue and we need to bomb Iraq for our national interests and fight terrorist for our safety, and we need to add more rules in order to do so. We need to shred the Constitution and take your inalienable rights away, for the good of everyone of course. Why bring this kind of energy to a forum which is supposed to be open and free?

Do we say, well it is Bill’s forum so he can do whatever he wants with it, and if I don’t like it I can just go elsewhere or go put my signature line in my profile and add a link to it? Then we get into the whole ownership discussion, hierarchies, subjugation, polarities, the energy of divisiveness and all manner of duality. Is that what we really want?

I thought we were attempting to transcend the energy of ownership and subjugation. You may say I’m not being subjugated by removing my signature line, but it feels that way to me. Oh, I can have one; it just has to be 3 lines, 80 characters max. It makes me feel like I’m now “tweeting” and can only use 140 characters like on Twitter.

It’s the members who make up the energetic signature of this forum, even though Bill is the host. Do a quick search, go to the members tab and click on it, then go to the tab “join date” and click it twice. Look at who is on the first page, those who have been here since the start and are still here. Then click on “posts” and look at who is on the first page. Then collate the two searches and guess what, these members are the core of Avalon in my estimation.

Think about what makes Avalon what it is. Think about what you want it to be and the energy you want it to hold, and the like minded souls you want it to attract. The matrix is very unyielding about this one thing. What we emanate out into the matrix is what we attract, period. Like energy coalesces and returns and mirrors for you like experience. You get what you give.

Restricting the signature line is a big mistake in my estimation, not because it ruins the forum or makes it better; it’s the energy of it, in my humble opinion. I’m going to have to sleep on this and see how I feel tomorrow. Right now I feel like a caged bird.

Hi, Everyone —

* Bill takes his muddy boots off, and leaves Mara at the door *

I meant to reply to this yesterday, because it's important, and because I really do care. Certainly not intending to cage anyone. (And I would have replied yesterday, but was 'caged' here, too. My internet connection was down: apologies.)

I very much understand. This was not intended to be any kind of draconian measure. Let's continue to talk about it.

Personally, I don't have a signature, never had, and I find them distracting. So I have my view of them disabled (something which we've discovered it seems most members don't realize they can do!).

But what that also means is that I'm out of touch with the entire signature thing, as I never see them. That may mean that I wasn't well-informed enough to preside over a good decision.

The three-line criterion was arbitrary. (All the criteria were arbitrary! We had to draw lines somewhere, if we were going to draw any at all.) We felt we needed to limit the length, and also how distracting some were. (Flashy, many colors, large fonts, etc.) Over the years, we felt there had been a kind of 'signature-creep' going on, because we'd never talked about it at all.

The entire discussion only started because Carmody suggested that Selkie's (previous) signature was maybe a little hard-hitting. I'd never seen it, so I took a look. That then started the discussion, among the mods, started by myself, of what a signature should and shouldn't be, ideally, in the context of the community and its function and values.

Maybe a better way to have handled all this would have been to discuss it FIRST among us all... and then make a decision. It honestly never occurred to me (mea culpa) that anyone would be upset by this.

It just seemed like a practical issue... not only because of the distraction thing, but also because of the proliferation of small-screen mobile devices, where scrolling through a long thread can be a chore in itself, without all the extra text, repeated many times over.

I'm now wondering if this discussion (including grip's two important posts) should be copied to the signatures announcements thread. Then the discussion can continue there without any muddy boots in the wrong place.

Personally, I'm totally happy to continue talking about this. I want to understand further. If it's important to grip, it's important to the mods and myself. (Not being mealy-mouthed... it really is. I was very concerned when I first read his feelings, but I've only been able to reply now.)

to all.

Edit to add: posted also here, where technical discussions/ questions/ answers about signatures might best belong.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 12th October 2015 at 16:35.

10. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

3(C)+me (12th October 2015), animovado (15th October 2015), araucaria (12th October 2015), Calz (12th October 2015), Curt (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), David Trd1 (18th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2015), genevieve (12th October 2015), Krist (12th October 2015), Limor Wolf (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), Muzz (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (13th October 2015), Selkie (12th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), ThePythonicCow (14th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

11. Link to Post #46666
    Thanks

Bill, you are the best. Your genuine humility shines and shows strength.

Here are my thoughts on it.
    While I agree about taking this discussion to the relevant thread, where it really belongs,
    I also wish to point out that this thread, the Here and Now Village community, serves a function
    in that it can make people feel at home, and understood.
    At least long enough until they are ready to take their issues out to "the world outside".
    It's all good, especially this reporter below...

12. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

3(C)+me (12th October 2015), araucaria (12th October 2015), Calz (12th October 2015), Curt (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2015), genevieve (12th October 2015), Ivanhoe (12th October 2015), JRS (12th October 2015), Krist (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), Muzz (12th October 2015), Pam (17th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Selkie (12th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), skyflower (13th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), ThePythonicCow (14th October 2015), Wind (12th October 2015)

13. Link to Post #46667
    United States Avalon Member Krist's Avatar
    Thanks

Ulli,You are the best too!

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Krist For This Post:

araucaria (12th October 2015), Calz (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2015), genevieve (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), Muzz (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Selkie (12th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), ThePythonicCow (14th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

15. Link to Post #46668
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,612 times in 5,382 posts

I agree with Grip on this one.

People go to great lengths to select their signatures, making sure it represents some essential aspect of their selves. Grip explained his nicely - it means a lot to him. Mine also is full of meaning. Not only what it says but what it represents to me. I have given all my poems to my family and especially my daughter. They are not well received. But my daughter chose this stanza out of all my many, many poems to make a wall plaque with it. My poetry should have been my livelihood, in another reality it would have been. If that selection of words were profound enough for my daughter to immortalize it, it should be good enough for this forum. I guess "Neither one holds meaning here" does not hold at this party. One of them obviously does...

This is the first it has sunk in that a stanza of poetry will also not be allowed. Poetry is quickly going the way of the Dodo and I don't like it one bit. But like Grip alluded to, I too will get over it, after all, it's what we do as we are constantly deprived of our rights- get over it, a little less free, a little less unique.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), PurpleLama (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (14th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

17. Link to Post #46669
    Thanks

I
    Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)

People go to great lengths to select their signatures, making sure it represents some essential aspect of their selves. Grip explained his nicely - it means a lot to him. Mine also is full of meaning. Not only what it says but what it represents to me. I have given all my poems to my family and especially my daughter. They are not well received. But my daughter chose this stanza out of all my many, many poems to make a wall plaque with it. My poetry should have been my livelihood, in another reality it would have been. If that selection of words were profound enough for my daughter to immortalize it, it should be good enough for this forum. I guess "Neither one holds meaning here" does not hold at this party. One of them obviously does...

This is the first it has sunk in that a stanza of poetry will also not be allowed. Poetry is quickly going the way of the Dodo and I don't like it one bit. But like Grip alluded to, I too will get over it, after all, it's what we do as we are constantly deprived of our rights- get over it, a little less free, a little less unique.
    Ernie, I think it is important to read Bill's post, further up this thread.
    The whole signature issue has not been finalized at all; in fact, Bill admitted that it should have been discussed with forum members, rather than just amongst the mods.

I suggest that we all give our personal opinions freely on the thread where this is still being worked out.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), Muzz (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (14th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015)

19. Link to Post #46670
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,612 times in 5,382 posts

Sorry Ulli.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

21. Link to Post #46671
    Thanks

Sorry Ulli.
    My turn to be sorry, Ernie. I didn't get the tone right, as your post was in no way something you had to apologize for.
    It was perfectly cool, and you are not expected to know everything that happened here earlier.
    But I wanted to let you know that the discussion is open, and that Bill and the mods would change the new rules if we all could get to an agreement.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Curt (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2015), Ernie Nemeth (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015)

23. Link to Post #46672
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Just to lighten the mood a bit... and by the high holy christ could I use a laugh.

The original and still best version of Mnah Mnah...

p.s. Ulli, apologies for the temporary thread-hijacking. But since this be the heart of Avalon, I felt it was the best place to lay down something a bit chucklesome.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

animovado (15th October 2015), araucaria (12th October 2015), Bluegreen (13th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Ivanhoe (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), meeradas (12th October 2015), Muzz (12th October 2015), PurpleLama (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

25. Link to Post #46673
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Ernie, if you presented your beautiful poem as below, I think it would be accepted.

Be patient love, there is no hurry, / Release your hurt, give up your worry.
    The guilty past, the future fear - / Neither one holds meaning here.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th October 2015), Curt (12th October 2015), dan33 (13th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Ernie Nemeth (13th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), transiten (12th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015), Wind (14th October 2015)

27. Link to Post #46674
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)

Ernie, if you presented your beautiful poem as below, I think it would be accepted.

Yup, that works.

And the discussion continues, hopefully to a resolution we can all live with...

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

araucaria (12th October 2015), Bill Ryan (12th October 2015), Curt (12th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Ernie Nemeth (13th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (14th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), transiten (12th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

29. Link to Post #46675
    Thanks

Yes, beautiful poem. But I like it better as a four-liner.
    I'm sure we can all come up with some brilliant four-liners
    which the mod team won't be able to reject once they see the Villagers making a concerted effort.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th October 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (15th October 2015), Ernie Nemeth (13th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), PurpleLama (12th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), transiten (12th October 2015)

31. Link to Post #46676
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Like the Quatrains of Nostradamus...

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Lost N Found (12th October 2015), PurpleLama (12th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

33. Link to Post #46677
    Thanks

But limericks are definitely out

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Sierra (12th October 2015), transiten (14th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

35. Link to Post #46678
    Thanks

Are they??? Even if they are three liners?

There once was a castle called Avalon, and near it a Village for hangers on.
    The castle poured cream Into the Village stream
    Until all started singing in baritone.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), meeradas (13th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), transiten (14th October 2015)

37. Link to Post #46679
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Are they??? Even if they are three liners?

There once was a castle called Avalon, and near it a Village for hangers on.
    The castle poured cream Into the Village stream
    Until all started singing in baritone.
    Most definitely out when they've got three rhymes (more precisely 2 1/2) instead of two

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

meeradas (13th October 2015), Sierra (12th October 2015), Stephanie (13th October 2015), transiten (14th October 2015), ulli (12th October 2015)

39. Link to Post #46680
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,141 times in 1,888 posts

I have never had a signature although I do think about one. I must admit, I did not even know about signatures and did not know I could have something of that here. Grip did tell me about them awhile back but really did not come up with something. When I saw what was happening in this thread it confused me at first and then as I read further I began to understand.

When Grip gave his very heart felt definition of each line in his signature and what it really meant, I finally did understand. I have read these signatures under each post from folks and found them quite interesting for each person. I do not get distracted with them so never had an issue such as that. I now really understand and see these as an identifier, a knowing, an individual feeling, A complete communication from each individual seed of life in this village as Ulli so lovenly calls Avalon and all of us that are here and come here from time to time. What a wonderful home base for us that Bill has created. I see all that have and will have talking will Bill and the Mods about all of this. Just Look, Bill has a dear heart and did not know about your signatures. I look forward to the conversations that will ensue. Please proceed folks. To me this is another wonderful happening in the village. I get to learn something new daily.

Love you all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2334 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1334 1834 2234 2284 2324 2334 2344 2384 2434 2703 LastLast