+ Reply to Thread
Page 1819 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 819 1319 1719 1769 1809 1819 1829 1869 1919 2319 2703 LastLast
Results 36,361 to 36,380 of 54048

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #36361
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Marianne (here)

To my village family ... this is something like the little faery cottage I imagine for the village. Close enough to be neighborly, but plenty of distance for gardens and wandering. There are a couple of friendly tabby cats in and out of the doors, and my big white fluffy Frasier dog is always by my side, nimble as a pup. Our work changes with the seasons... in summer we spend cool mornings in the garden, and harvest herbs when the sun has dried the dew and brought the oils up high in the plant, for the best medicinal effect. Bees buzz in abundance and give me a small share of honey and beeswax in return for the lemon balm and flowers I plant. Afternoons are spent lolling under the wisteria trellis, reading and studying. Sometimes friends come over for Earl Gray tea and dark chocolate cookies.

Autumn days are spent in the kitchen, making jars of salt-fermented veggies from the garden and pickled spicy fruit. Sour cherries sit in good brandy, the slow making of cordial to be bottled at Christmas time. Herbs are tinctured or put in vinegar for mineral tonics. Heirloom rose petals release their fragrance into almond oil. The herb room cupboards fill up with rose cream, peppermint lip balm, calendula lotion bars, and herbal soap.

Winter is a happy blur -- sledding on the hill out back, and after, rounds of hot cocoa in Gigi's little red ceramic pot... it's magic you know, never runs out of hot cocoa. Bring all the children you know; they bring their own magic to a sledding party.

The blazing fireplace draws friends close to its hearth, as we draw together here.

Susan and I sit and talk about our times together. Sometimes we stay up late. I've been caught mopping the kitchen floor at midnight.

So stop on by ... open house 24/7/365. The kettle heats to boiling in a jiffy and I have the perfect blend for you.
    Lovely, charming, inviting image...and your description is poetry in prose. Thank you. I needed that.

...oh, and I just moved over 2 feet (over 60cm for my metric minded friends) of heavy, wet snow. It has snowed heavily here for 2-1/2 days. We have lived here 11 years, and they have never before shut down the schools for 3 days in a row.

So, the image and the invitation are more than welcome. Thanks, Marianne!

Dennis

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), fourty-two (5th December 2013), Marianne (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #36362
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

Finally calming down a bit today after posting links on every existing social network to our magic potion alchemy lab kickstarter. Not sure if this crowd-sourced form of funding will work, alchemy gets very little visibility these days. I'm not trying to solicit anything to anyone here, but if anyone has thoughts or ideas about how we might help more people hear about what we're doing then I would love to hear it.

Where are all of the people who want the potions?

Oh, and I finished reading The Field by Lynne McTaggart the other night. Incredible investigative journalism regarding the science of the quantum field and its relationship to consciousness. Highly recommended to anyone who finds themselves in conversations with people who seem to think that science and magic are different things. She even cites Terence McKenna as one of her sources, which I've never seen in a book before. Ha!

Good night avalon.
    Last edited by Rantaak; 5th December 2013 at 11:01.
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Carmody (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

5. Link to Post #36363
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by Rantaak (here)
    Finally calming down a bit today after posting links on every existing social network to our magic potion alchemy lab kickstarter. Not sure if this crowd-sourced form of funding will work, alchemy gets very little visibility these days. I'm not trying to solicit anything to anyone here, but if anyone has thoughts or ideas about how we might help more people hear about what we're doing then I would love to hear it.

Oh, and I finished reading The Field by Lynne McTaggart the other night. Incredible investigative journalism regarding the science of the quantum field and its relationship to consciousness. Highly recommended to anyone who finds themselves in conversations with people who seem to think that science and magic are different things. She even cites Terence McKenna as one of her sources, which I've never seen in a book before. Ha!

Good night avalon.
    The same magick that helps people find their holy grail also prevents them from its discovery.
    It always has been and will continue to be a matter of their inner integrity.
    As long as people allow themselves to be overloaded with external noise they have little hope of hearing their inner spirit/magic/quantum field's whispers.
    This is one area where advertising or even recommendations won't work.
    People must find it despite obstacles and blockages which
    their non-integrated aspects of self throw into their path.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), markoid (6th December 2013), Rantaak (8th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #36364
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Hi Christine
    I see this thread as an incredible experiment in collective writing. I remember back in the eighties, long before the Internet, when this was a theoretical subject for intellectuals – what you had was heavyweight theory with lightweight practice. Of course back then, there were huge issues of leadership, exacerbated by material concerns such as who got to wield the piece of chalk, and it involved a highly structured discourse which I would call architectural in the sense that it called for planning and engineering to hold things together. Ego issues were theorized in terms of Mallarmé’s ‘disparition élocutoire’, whereby the writer as speaker disappears, leaving the initiative to the words themselves, but these issues were never resolved in practice, for you cannot leave your individuality at the door, precisely because it is your personal creative power that you need to bring to the table.

What we have here and now is a more relaxed stream-of-consciousness format which I would describe as organic rather than architectural. Individuals branch out wherever they see an opening, ideas grow, and structural unity is effortless because of the shared DNA; it is not hidebound by any predefined ideal shape. If it were a tree, it would be a hybrid, like a citrus, with oranges and lemons, tangerines and clementines all growing off the same trunk. Here we can achieve that community of individualities where the writer as speaker truly does disappear, leaving the initiative to the words themselves, in the sense that you are what you say, but you are also more than that, you have your secrets too, things not to be spoken and things simply left unsaid because not everything is possible or timely and appropriate. At least not yet: we have come 1818 pages to be told that Ulli is a great greeter

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #36365
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)

Good night avalon.
    The same magick that helps people find their holy grail also prevents them from its discovery.
    As long as people allow themselves to be overloaded with external noise they have little hope of hearing their inner spirit/magic/quantum field's whispers.
    What strange timing to point this out, Ulli - the first complete stranger has backed our campaign. Perhaps it is the will of the higher selves who weave the fabric of the field to seek and discover.

Not all is lost.
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), Flash (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

11. Link to Post #36366
    Thanks

Good night avalon.
    What strange timing to point this out, Ulli - the first complete stranger has backed our campaign. Perhaps it is the will of the higher selves who weave the fabric of the field to seek and discover.

Not all is lost.
    Worth celebrating then.
    Here, have an extra morsel...
    and there is plenty more where this came from so bring in the troops.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), Flash (5th December 2013), Rantaak (6th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

13. Link to Post #36367
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Chilly morning. Actually downright cold. Cold for Texas anyway. Nothing compared to Ohio winters as I recall. Yesterday, it was close to 80 (about 27 celcius). Today, we have already hit the high of 39 (about 4 celcius). That cold front from the North is hitting. The forecast changes daily, it went from snow for four days to ice pellets and snow for four days. Now just ice is in the forecast. Snow in a couple of days. Maybe. I am secretly hoping Em gets a day out of school from this. Cupboards are stocked, freezer is in good shape. Went yesterday and bought a couple more days of firewood. Seems a waste of money to buy wood when there are huge old trees down in the back, and even one of them chopped into chunks ready to split. But...I had to accept that I can't do that part. Sending out the message that the power will stay on. That's the only concern at this point.

Saw an attorney. I like him. We will proceed after the holidays. This will be an expensive proposition, not only financially. Of course, it is ultimately freeing. There is an entanglement of energy that occurs in any relationship, I would guess. And the untangling and unplugging feels very good. Though the emotions of the thing are messy. It would seem I am processing those in a healthy and timely manner, as the pain only comes up from time to time now. Maybe once in a week. I'm very grateful.

Found out yesterday I know a freemason of the highest degree. I asked a bunch of questions, of course no answers were given. But in sort of a conversational way, it was an interesting fishing expedition. I'm actually trying to decide whether I'd like to do some research on the subject...but am leaning to no. Rabbit holes...they are certainly a distraction. I have enough of those.

Considering a fire in the fireplace. I think I want to save the wood to use when Em is home, she loves to curl up by it and read. And I will likely need the help keeping the house warm in the coming days.

Much Love, villagers
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), Flash (5th December 2013), PurpleLama (5th December 2013), RunningDeer (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

15. Link to Post #36368
    Thanks

Hi 1inMany, nice to hear your news. You might find those logs are not as hard to split as they seem. What you need is a couple of wedge-shaped irons (like axe heads only not specially sharp) and the heaviest hammer you can handle. You need to learn the likeliest places to find a weak spot.

Highest degree mason: would that be 32-33°... or 72-73°?

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), PurpleLama (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013)

17. Link to Post #36369
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Hi 1inMany, nice to hear your news. You might find those logs are not as hard to split as they seem. What you need is a couple of wedge-shaped irons (like axe heads only not specially sharp) and the heaviest hammer you can handle. You need to learn the likeliest places to find a weak spot.

Highest degree mason: would that be 32-33°... or 72-73°?
    Good to hear from you 1inMany. As mentioned by Araucaria, we all know that 33 degree masons is only the beginning. lol

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (6th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), PurpleLama (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

19. Link to Post #36370
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 times in 344 posts

hi christine
    i see this thread as an incredible experiment in collective writing. I remember back in the eighties, long before the internet, when this was a theoretical subject for intellectuals – what you had was heavyweight theory with lightweight practice. Of course back then, there were huge issues of leadership, exacerbated by material concerns such as who got to wield the piece of chalk, and it involved a highly structured discourse which i would call architectural in the sense that it called for planning and engineering to hold things together. Ego issues were theorized in terms of mallarmé’s ‘disparition élocutoire’, whereby the writer as speaker disappears, leaving the initiative to the words themselves, but these issues were never resolved in practice, for you cannot leave your individuality at the door, precisely because it is your personal creative power that you need to bring to the table.

What we have here and now is a more relaxed stream-of-consciousness format which i would describe as organic rather than architectural. Individuals branch out wherever they see an opening, ideas grow, and structural unity is effortless because of the shared dna; it is not hidebound by any predefined ideal shape. If it were a tree, it would be a hybrid, like a citrus, with oranges and lemons, tangerines and clementines all growing off the same trunk. Here we can achieve that community of individualities where the writer as speaker truly does disappear, leaving the initiative to the words themselves, in the sense that you are what you say, but you are also more than that, you have your secrets too, things not to be spoken and things simply left unsaid because not everything is possible or timely and appropriate. At least not yet: We have come 1818 pages to be told that ulli is a great greeter
    -----------------------
    wow!

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), Flash (5th December 2013), PurpleLama (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

21. Link to Post #36371
    Thanks

@Christine
    More wow from me, as less than one minute ago I thought
    I ought to notify you that araucaria had left a very cool reply to your post.

Very glad you found your way back here all by yourself...
    Or maybe that you responded so instantly to my thoughts...
    Not too sure about that last one...telepathy is a gift, and you are lucky to have it,
    but there are some elements out there that might not have your best interest a heart.
    Between us Villagers here in this thread there has been lots of evidence of the wondrous aspect of it, as all are really committed to being loving.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

23. Link to Post #36372
    Thanks

Besides wow. It is a nice day here. Leaves are gone from the trees. But warm enough that the grass is still green. I have bunches of buttons to sew on to some little cases for cell phones. Crocheted. You know they get cold. Lol. Keeps them from getting scratched in purses. Pups are out. Buttons are waiting. While I sew, comes relaxation.

🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌
    Last edited by Crystine; 5th December 2013 at 16:24.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), Flash (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

25. Link to Post #36373
    Thanks

How do you attach a signature quote?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crystine For This Post:

Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013)

27. Link to Post #36374
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Christine Lori (here)
    Thank you Christine Go into Notifications > My settings > Edit signature.

Talking of chopping wood, just now I went out. They've been cutting back the hedge a couple of houses down, but this time I could tell from a hundred yards that that chainsaw was up to no good. They have a nice little palm tree I always say hello to when I go out for bread. Well from a distance I saw it topple . We have palm trees here at 49° north, but only on the coast. I have planted several myself, one of them is ten feet tall and a good friend admired by all.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), PurpleLama (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

29. Link to Post #36375
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

@Christine
    More wow from me, as less than one minute ago I thought
    I ought to notify you that araucaria had left a very cool reply to your post.

Very glad you found your way back here all by yourself...
    Or maybe that you responded so instantly to my thoughts...
    Not too sure about that last one...telepathy is a gift, and you are lucky to have it,
    but there are some elements out there that might not have your best interest a heart.
    Between us Villagers here in this thread there has been lots of evidence of the wondrous aspect of it, as all are really committed to being loving.
    And some of us really just need to be committed....

30. Link to Post #36376
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Christine Lori (here)
    Thank you Christine Go into Notifications > My settings > Edit signature.

Talking of chopping wood, just now I went out. They've been cutting back the hedge a couple of houses down, but this time I could tell from a hundred yards that that chainsaw was up to no good. They have a nice little palm tree I always say hello to when I go out for bread. Well from a distance I saw it topple . We have palm trees here at 49° north, but only on the coast. I have planted several myself, one of them is ten feet tall and a good friend admired by all.
    This is so interesting to see that you are at 49° latitude north, London is at 51° North, yet Montréal is at 45° north and much colder. Never ever could we grow any palm tree or any kind. So your days are shorter in winter but warmer thanks to the Gulf Stream. If this baby stops working, you will be as cold as Newfoundland, this is cold man. I do not think French or British or any European flimsy (when compared with ours) hearting systems would suffice for heating you poorly insulated homes Lets hope the complet stop of the Gulf Stream does not happen.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

32. Link to Post #36377
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

But now I see my name in gree-n, which is a bit like gree(t)ns, so I think I'll be alright, no need to remind me.

GREEN with envy I am ...

Invited to the party I was not!!!

(kidding of course ... what a great idea and kudos to all the Greeters)

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

1inMany (5th December 2013), araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), PurpleLama (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

34. Link to Post #36378
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

That's funny. Only yesterday did I find out that 33 is only the beginning. 64th degree was mentioned, and I joked that was a double 32. Judging by the reaction of one gentleman, who is "only" a third degree mason, I could see that this information is not shared with the lower degrees. By the highest degree, I meant highest degree they will admit to, haha. I apparently know one gentleman who admits to 33rd degree, but I suspect more. There is something about him. And I am finding out there are others of the same level here, I know of them but do not know them.

My interest and curiosity sure are piqued. But...that is not my bailiwick. Well, not my...not my job I guess. Not my job to go chasing this all over the place, haha. I have found, the couple of times I went chasing something, that it is difficult to discern fact from fiction in the multitude of information available, and that it uses up a lot of time and energy that can be used in other areas. So for now, I will watch. I will use my spidey senses and see what I can observe that way.

Thank you, araucaria, I will look into that idea of splitting wood. I certainly could do that. Surely. And what a great sense of self-sufficiency! I am feeling pretty good to be able to function in quite an independent manner. It isn't that I didn't feel that way before, although I didn't really, it is more that I did not have the necessity to prove to myself that I am capable.

It can be cool what you learn by taking the opportunities the Universe offers.

Much Love,
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

araucaria (5th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), Crystine (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), PurpleLama (5th December 2013), ulli (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

36. Link to Post #36379
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,345 times in 8,331 posts

Quote Posted by Calz (here)

But now I see my name in gree-n, which is a bit like gree(t)ns, so I think I'll be alright, no need to remind me.

GREEN with envy I am ...

Invited to the party I was not!!!

(kidding of course ... what a great idea and kudos to all the Greeters)

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

1inMany (7th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), Calz (5th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), ulli (6th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

38. Link to Post #36380
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)

Yes ... yes ... missing frolic I am ...

Last edited by Calz; 5th December 2013 at 21:15.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

1inMany (7th December 2013), Benevolent Bear (8th December 2013), eaglespirit (6th December 2013), Rantaak (6th December 2013), ulli (6th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1819 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 819 1319 1719 1769 1809 1819 1829 1869 1919 2319 2703 LastLast