+ Reply to Thread
Page 948 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 448 848 898 938 948 958 998 1048 1448 1948 2703 LastLast
Results 18,941 to 18,960 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #18941
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,649 times in 786 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Quote Posted by benevolentcrow (here)
    Maybe TMI!
    I forget the new title they use in the Ku Klux Klan, but I'm really glad they dropped the wizard part. That was creepy.
    I should have said Grand Imperial Wizard

Ranking Positions of the KKK:

Grand Imperial Wizard- this is the leader of all KKK dens across the country. He is assisted by 10 "Genii," and has been described as "autocratic."

Grand Magi- He serves as a sort of "vice-president" to the organization and can act as deputy wizard.

Grand Scribe-This person serves as secretary of the Klan and takes detailed accounts of the meetings.

Grand Dragon of the Realm- He presides over his assigned state or "realm" with eight "Hydras" to assist him.

Grand Titan of the Dominion-The Grand Titan governs a Dominion, or several counties in a state, and is assisted by six "Furies."

Grand Giant of the Province- He ran each "Province," which was a County, and had 4 "Night Hawks"(messengers) as assistants.

Grand Cyclops- The Grand Cyclops ran an individual Den, and was assisted by 2 Night Hawks.

Lictors- These were the guards for the Den meetings.

Ghouls-This name refers all members

I would say that Ghouls is the most appropriate name!

They could never equal a Modwizard

Just to clarify, I never new him, never met him. He died in the early 70's

I did find out I have some colorful characters in the family tree.
    Last edited by benevolentcrow; 13th September 2012 at 03:16.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to benevolentcrow For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (13th September 2012), eaglespirit (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), modwiz (13th September 2012), Reinhard (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ViralSpiral (13th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #18942
    United States Avalon Member amandapoet's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 times in 120 posts

Question Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Alright I am just throwing this out there to see if my dream from last night resonates with anyone...it was one of those post-apocalyptic or rather a transition into in kind of dreams and there was a woman, maybe in her late 50's ish encouraging me by a body of water...a lake maybe as groups were being separated to the next thing...I also felt like I was taking part in a mission to protect others as we going through this grouping procedure by the ruling authority.... I wish I could be more specific, but I don't normally have such dreams with an unknown person makes such an impression. Honestly my dreams have been really interesting lately, not the typical lucid ones I have and definitely the kind that stay with me all day...

I'm not one to share dream type stuff, but for some reason I felt I had to...just putting it out there...maybe I'll get more insight about it in dreamland tonight. I have this overwhelming feeling that it is time for me to start paying attention to these new found quirks in my days...
    Last edited by amandapoet; 13th September 2012 at 04:16. Reason: typos

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to amandapoet For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Belle (13th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), eaglespirit (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), PurpleLama (13th September 2012), Reinhard (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012), ViralSpiral (13th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #18943
    Indonesia Deactivated
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Quote Posted by niki (here)
    so now, again, my most fundamental/basic question:
    what's really real now, and what's not?..... and how to differentiate, for god's sake?
    (or maybe like someone said quite well above: maybe I should just start turning-off this forum, and just "plant the back garden", or basically: do the usual 'materialist/3D-worldly' business-as-usual everyday tasks/things/jobs again....rather than dwelling in this endless madness...)
    What can be more real than the inquiry itself?

I explained to someone just now that I thought that the outer universe is a holographic reflection of our true inner reality - that which is the creation, part of the creation and the creator all wrapped up into one - spending its timeless moment knowing itself.

We exist in a limited incarnate form, understanding these paradoxes are not for us at present.

Our task is to make choices. We present ourselves with situations and we decide do I react out of love or from fear? What can be more real than that? Is any proof necessary?
    @Anchor : well, I hope you're not talking in metaphor,
    because right now, I'm honestly tired with all the "oh so beautiful new-agey metaphor/imagery/sugary words" but no REAL happenings (or solid proofs/evidence) whatsoever in our so-called '3D real-world' ...

I want it to be real !
    Last edited by niki; 13th September 2012 at 04:25.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to niki For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (13th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), eaglespirit (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #18944
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by amandapoet (here)
    Alright I am just throwing this out there to see if my dream from last night resonates with anyone...it was one of those post-apocalyptic or rather a transition into in kind of dreams and there was a woman, maybe in her late 50's ish encouraging me by a body of water...a lake maybe as groups were being separated to the next thing...I also felt like I was taking part in a mission to protect others as we going through this grouping procedure by the ruling authority.... I wish I could be more specific, but I don't normally have such dreams with an unknown person makes such an impression. Honestly my dreams have been really interesting lately, not the typical lucid ones I have and definitely the kind that stay with me all day...

I'm not one to share dream type stuff, but for some reason I felt I had to...just putting it out there...maybe I'll get more insight about it in dreamland tonight. I have this overwhelming feeling that it is time for me to start paying attention to these new found quirks in my days...
    That dream could be a sign of recent unfoldment and maturing processes in your life.
    The awareness of being a part of a greater whole and also of assuming new responsibilities.
    Protecting others as well as submitting to higher authority...your perceptions are expanding in all directions.
    That unknown woman is possibly your future self.
    Oh, and a warm welcome to he Here and Now Village.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), amandapoet (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (13th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), eaglespirit (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), PurpleLama (13th September 2012), Reinhard (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ViralSpiral (13th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #18945
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

what's really real now, and what's not?..... and how to differentiate, for god's sake?
    (or maybe like someone said quite well above: maybe I should just start turning-off this forum, and just "plant the back garden", or basically: do the usual 'materialist/3D-worldly' business-as-usual everyday tasks/things/jobs again....rather than dwelling in this endless madness...)

I explained to someone just now that I thought that the outer universe is a holographic reflection of our true inner reality - that which is the creation, part of the creation and the creator all wrapped up into one - spending its timeless moment knowing itself.

We exist in a limited incarnate form, understanding these paradoxes are not for us at present.

Our task is to make choices. We present ourselves with situations and we decide do I react out of love or from fear? What can be more real than that? Is any proof necessary?
    because right now, I'm honestly tired with all the "oh so beautiful new-agey metaphor/imagery/sugary words" but no REAL happenings (or solid proofs/evidence) whatsoever in our so-called '3D real-world' ...

I want it to be real !
    If I were you I would take Anchor's words to heart and do a deep reflection on them.
    What you describe there is something all of us here have experienced...and none of the regulars in this thread can be considered new-agey nor sugary. We've been through too much hardship for that.
    I know the feeling well...total fatigue from trying to distinguish the apparent from the real.
    It is hard work to be discerning.
    A vast amount of images are being thrown at us from all sides when really the only thing that should matter is our response to them, and how we stand our own ground. But Anchor said it all already...there is not much I can add.
    Find your own being, and you will find reality.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (13th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), eaglespirit (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Mark (13th September 2012), PurpleLama (13th September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ViralSpiral (13th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #18946
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Just got back, last night, from visiting 9eagle9 for 49 hours. Great lady and mother. Wonderful hostess too. 12 hour one way drive. Boy, did my ass hurt.
    So, Eaglespirit and 9eagle9 are two PA members (one is now a former member) I have met in person. Two I really resonate with. After eagles a (l)lama would be cool. My ass hurts thinking about that drive though.
    What, she's gone? Oh well. She annoyed me at times, but I still respected and liked her. People can sometimes be quite different in person, with all the extras involved -than they seem in print. She struck me as being like that, which is then the idea..don't read too much into how she communicates, as that would be my reflection, not her. Multiple sides of multiple coins, and all that.
    Last edited by Carmody; 13th September 2012 at 06:58.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), astrid (13th September 2012), Belle (13th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), eaglespirit (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Mark (13th September 2012), modwiz (13th September 2012), PurpleLama (13th September 2012), Reinhard (13th September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012), ViralSpiral (13th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #18947
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

I want it to be real !
    you want it real? a Cat 5 Typhoon is about to sweep up the power from the volcano and pummel Korea

as an earth angel all you have to do is care to make a difference...

tell your spirit to join the others then head out to work in the garden, it's healing in itself...

this was a brutal new moon that hit 7 days out instead of 3, not sure why but explosive tempers and bottom of the barrel despair is sweeping over people...

draw down energy from this massive storm and send it out as healing for all those being affected by the changes going on in all of us...

too new agey for you?

14. Link to Post #18948
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Just got back, last night, from visiting 9eagle9 for 49 hours. Great lady and mother. Wonderful hostess too. 12 hour one way drive. Boy, did my ass hurt.
    So, Eaglespirit and 9eagle9 are two PA members (one is now a former member) I have met in person. Two I really resonate with. After eagles a (l)lama would be cool. My ass hurts thinking about that drive though.
    What, she's gone? Oh well. She annoyed me at times, but I still respected and liked her. People can sometimes be quite different in person, with all the extras involved -than they seem in print. She stuck me as being like that, which is then the idea..don't read too much into how she communicates, as that would be my reflection, not her. Multiple sides of multiple coins, and all that.
    I still think we could give her a section under spirituality that only the brave dare enter...

she had style...

and no one handles a foam bat better than her...

too bad she grabs the wooden one occasionally, looks like it really hurts...

as long as the door is open for her, some day she might hop back in and join us...

15. Link to Post #18949
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

I want it to be real !
    Thankyou for this. I would like to say what I am doing and you can decide if it is metaphor.

The last thing I would ever want to do is anything that would make you feel any more lost in a sea of unreality.

What I offer is conditional - its the best I know, but may not be fully correct, I will feel no offense if you reject it, and if you don't feel it sounds right, you must please reject the bits that don't pass your test.

If nothing is real you are lost with no point of reference; in a sea of things which are not your creation. Is this possible? I do not think so.

You are not lost.

You can think.

You can seek.

You can speak to and touch other people.

You are aware.

Furthermore you are aware of subtle differences in perspective depending on what part of you is being aware in this moment. Is my inner being occluded by artifacts of my mundane space/time ego, or am I aware from that timeless inner place of silence?

You can write.

You can exchange energy with other-selves in all manner of different ways.

You can smile at someone and change their whole day. Someone can smile at you and change yours.

When you do these things they are as real for you as it is possible to get.

They are tangible external aspects of your existence that reflect your inner world on the projection screen of the universe.

The pure white light of this inner source, the source that ultimately connects all things, is refracted by the prism of your individuality and is played onto the projection screen of the universe - a fully immersive sensorium - something that looks infinite, and effectively is because as you seek, more of it is revealed - this is the metaphysical nature of the path that we walk.

It is not really necessary to understand the mechanics of this, though as you may appreciate - I get quite a kick out of trying to!! I don't understand it all - per the previous comment.

It does mean that you have a reality and a place within it, that is yours. A place in which you can experience situations and the need to make choices.

In my opinion, the "oh so beautiful new-agey metaphor/imagery/sugary words" are mental opiates and are likely to be a temporary strategy to avoid fear by layering delusion over the above described illusion of reality. Unless such things come from an honest, open heart that sings in praise of the creator, is thankful for the opportunities and experiences of the moment and loves, loves and loves some more, then to me they seem to be self made devices, empty affirmations, meaningless mantra, religion, etc etc - all methods to dodge the fear bullets rather than letting fears go in the first place. It is usually quite easy to tell the difference - and at other times quite hard, especially when up against skillful manipulators.

In determining what is what, you do have a foolproof detection system - one that can discern what is good for you and aligned with your higher purpose and what is not. You can learn to follow this with higher and higher fidelity until it seems completely infallible.

I can't make unknowing go away, either of the unreal or of the real alike.

What I do like to do, is to encourage people to work in a way that enables fear of either reality or unreality, just go away.

I can't explain the paradoxes away - but I seek discovery of my place in them, I seek to discover how I can be about what I set out to do - which is nothing I currently know or remember (in THIS moment, even though I have a general sense of it), but something which unfurls with each step on the path, and in whatever direction my highest available intuition suggests to me to take from moment to moment and from step to step.

For this reason I am saying what can be more real than the inquiry itself. In my opinion, nothing can be more real than what is real to you.

I hope that this makes it clearer what it was that I am trying to do.
    Last edited by Anchor; 13th September 2012 at 10:05. Reason: small changes
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

16. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), amandapoet (13th September 2012), Belle (13th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), eaglespirit (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), Mark (13th September 2012), niki (13th September 2012), Reinhard (13th September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012), ViralSpiral (13th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #18950
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

I forget the new title they use in the Ku Klux Klan, but I'm really glad they dropped the wizard part. That was creepy.
    Oh, sh!t. I'm not *that* kind of redneck wizard!

18. Link to Post #18951
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), CeltMan (13th September 2012), eaglespirit (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012)

20. Link to Post #18952
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

This dream speaks of deep transformation, to me.

Welcome to Av, at the Village!
    Quote Posted by amandapoet (here)

21. Link to Post #18953
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

Timeless Unconditional Love!

The BIG Personal Shift : )

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), Mark (13th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (14th September 2012), PurpleLama (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012)

23. Link to Post #18954
    Thanks

What a day.
    A friends Father died and i just found out that my Father has Alzheimers,
    hmm is that the way you spell it? Spell check thingy is telling me It's wrong

Whatever, big day, is a bit like.. what now??

Spoke to my Mother and as per usual they are all in denial,
    he still thinks he can drive a car and she wont talk about anything,
    heads in the sand. Possibly my time is coming up to step in, but i have to
    pick the right time. First i will try and talk to the family doctor.

Hmmmmm, detached, thankfully, but also mindful that i have a role somewhere
    to step into , not sure what though seeing i have been estranged for so long.
    Tricky
    Last edited by astrid; 13th September 2012 at 11:26.
    ~ Plato

24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), amandapoet (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), Mark (13th September 2012), meeradas (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), Swan (13th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #18955
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Good Morning,

That didn't go well. I'm still going to get off Effexor, but that try did not go well. I am going to call my doctor and get a lower dose, and I will wean off rather than drop it in one step.

The last straw was when I heard myself barking at my sweet girls, resulting in yet more tears because I cannot bear that. And when "they" say flu-like symptoms, they mean stomach flu.

I ordered Etherium Gold yesterday, and between that and the lower dose I will get, I'm sure I will be able to do this, and I'm sure I want to do this...but I have to be able to function for crying out loud.

Thank you, Village, for sticking with me through all the processes I'm going through.

We are never alone...

Zoot, zoot,
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

Anchor (13th September 2012), astrid (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), Mark (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #18956
    Thanks

Oh yes... never ever ever got cold turkey on those things, nasty nasty business,
    take it from me, first hand. I took myself off one like that, and im talking a good
    15 years ago now.. and i was hallucinating, throwing up and wired for a good 5 days.
    Taper off slowly. Funny you should mention Etherium Gold , that came up on a search i was
    doing for something else yesterday. They had great results using that for ADD, there was a
    full study done on it. It's showed great Alpha wave response on the EEG testing,
    which is what us ADD types have issues with.
    Last edited by astrid; 13th September 2012 at 11:38.
    ~ Plato

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), Mark (13th September 2012), meeradas (13th September 2012), PurpleLama (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012)

29. Link to Post #18957
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,713 times in 8,943 posts

Manny, when you take anti depressants, you have to wean slowly, by slightly lowering the dosage first and later taking it 1 day out of 2, then 1 day out of 3, then nothing. It takes a good full year altogether. During that year, you have to expect ups and acute downs on an hourly basis (not a daily or monthly), which is living on a roller coaster for one year.

If you are ready to accept the roller coaster ride and know that for each down you have to tell yourself that it does not matter, it will pass within an hour or two, then wean yourself. But go slowly. Those drugs are extremely powerfull and have a big impact on the brain chemistry.

Do you know why you were always hungry these last days? Because the drug is an serotonine reuptake (some are dopamine so I am not entirely sure for yours). Serotonine being an hormone of good mood and happiness...... so the drug will stop the destruction of serotonine in your brain and reuse it. Starchy food as well as sugar has the same impact. It helps the production of serotonine in the brain. Your body needed to replace the serotonine and not having its pill, it was demanding for food. You just went too fast in weaning.

Oh, when you wean, natural non addictive 5HTP may help you temporarily to produce serotonine. 5 HTP is a serotonine precursor, this means that it plays on the organs that help natural production of serotonine, therefore it is non addictive, and your body won't produce an excessive amount as antidepressant do. However, you should not replace your actual drug for 5 HTP, the latter is only a temporary help on a random basis. I take it when I truly need help for a major event in my life for example and I had my daughter taking it for one month last year to help her through bullying at school. Then I stop using 5HTP not to force the body on a continuous basis.

All this said, I am not a doctor and this is not a medical advice, it is only my personal experience. Ask your doctor to help for weaning. Oh: and doctors do not know about 5 HTP but athletes do.
    Last edited by Flash; 13th September 2012 at 11:43.

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), Mark (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), Swan (13th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012)

31. Link to Post #18958
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,713 times in 8,943 posts

Thank you Astrid for Etherium Gold, will be tried here. Got my daughter off ritalin by a gluten and milk free diet, added vitamins B6 and B12, and added antioxydants.

Her young new sweetheart takes ritalin, it is a pity that such a nice boy takes any drug -

wow can you imagine, the new first heart trobbing boyfriend has the approval of the mom, (we are talking 17 and 15 years old here)I find him nice, considerate towards my daughter, respectful and intelligent, handsome is his bonus. He was telling my daughter that I was not a regular mother in law lol because I was sympathetic. I told her: wait, he has not hurt you yet, the mommy bear will show up then.
    Last edited by Flash; 13th September 2012 at 11:54.

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), meeradas (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), Swan (13th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012)

33. Link to Post #18959
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    What a day.

Whatever, big day, is a bit like.. what now??

Spoke to my Mother and as per usual they are all in denial,
    he still thinks he can drive a car and she wont talk about anything,
    heads in the sand. Possibly my time is coming up to step in, but i have to
    pick the right time. First i will try and talk to the family doctor.

Hmmmmm, detached, thankfully, but also mindful that i have a role somewhere
    to step into , not sure what though seeing i have been estranged for so long.
    Tricky

Hi Astrid,

Sad news about your father.
    Might you have missed it so far. Curcumin is said to have great beneficial effects on this disease.
    Search the internet and there is a ton load of information to find.
    example & another one
    The trick might be to get your father to take it if I hear the tone of how they deal with it. Might be worth a shot though...

---------------------------------------

Quote Posted by Free Will (here)
    i poo poo my fear of not belonging and instead i offer my most sincere tender-hearted love and support to everyone..my heart goes out..deeply touched by the sharing here, i can relate with so many people here..let the miracles begin!

Very welcome to post here Free will.
    I hope this is the first of many more to come.

Sierra...... I'll send all my best to you both!

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012)

35. Link to Post #18960
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,799 times in 21,552 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    What a day.
    Google says it's Alzheimer's, with an apostrophe .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

1inMany (13th September 2012), Anchor (13th September 2012), Belle (14th September 2012), benevolentcrow (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Free Will (13th September 2012), Jenci (13th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Samsara (13th September 2012), Sierra (14th September 2012), ulli (13th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 948 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 448 848 898 938 948 958 998 1048 1448 1948 2703 LastLast