+ Reply to Thread
Page 2242 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1242 1742 2142 2192 2232 2242 2252 2292 2342 2703 LastLast
Results 44,821 to 44,840 of 54046

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #44821
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,160 times in 13,484 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    The lesson is that there really are thinking caring people, knowledgeable people in the given systems, even the motion picture environment - and that this is an ever changing ever evolving battle, as it has always been. Overall, the impression is that Hollywood is full of corrupted people and that is true, but there is an offset concern that is capable of changing things. Most people in that system aren't aware of the depth of the issues surrounding projection of and in consciousness and simply pursue the money or the power... but that is changing.

Basically, for a person to get to the point of understanding the issues of consciousness and reality creation ----being a sociopath gets a person there sooner, not later. The hard clear minded sociopath gets to that logical conclusion first, as the emotions that get in the way of rumination are not there. They merely got there first. (stages of emergent clarity have people wrestling with the desire and fear based components, as the initial form and steps of that function, which is the experiences that humanity as a whole and individually are now wrestling with)

The conclusion is that our frontrunners in the emergent clarity of humanity have been sociopaths, and as a whole..... represent a stage, not an end point. The trick is to see the whole of it and know it, and not get caught up in this stage as being an end point (fear and desire ruling reality creation and flow)... to understand that - and continue past it.

As humanity changes and the people who ride on emotional projection as a way of flowing in life, also begin to arrive at a greater clarity, they wrest control away from the sociopath based projection. That is where the sociopathic try to throw the fear based wrecking ball in the evolution of self in the more emotionally minded. They use fear and desire, baser emotions...as that is what they know. Thus the fear and desire based and considered Albert Pike scenario.... is the weak end of the pool, not the strong. Control, fear, and desire is all you seem to see coming out of that quarter. Again, lesser humans, not greater. I was told by one person, that 'fear works better', but that is like beating children or whatnot, and it is the mark and sign of weak small minded people, not leaders, progressives, or stand outs in society.
    I stayed with some very special people in Hollywood in 1978 and again in 1988. I have no idea how they can survive in such a toxic environment, and even though I nearly ended up there myself, when Brian Ferry's agent proposed marriage, I realized that I didn't have the stamina for that world.
    During my last trip there I was the house guest of the man who produced Back to the Future and the Witches of Eastwick, Neil Canton, a total introvert genius. I met his parents (Father was publicist for Columbia Pictures and brother Mark Canton was then CEO of Warner Brothers)
    His wife was a close friend of mine, and had invited me. These people dispelled my prejudice that all Hollywood was plastic at best and satanic at worst. And when I asked her to take me just once to go to the Polo Lounge at the Beverley Hills Hotel she refused to take me. Told me that they avoid places like that like the plague, lest they become contaminated by the darker side of Hollywood.
    So it is important always, to be discerning, and remember that there are white hats out there, making immense sacrifices.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), araucaria (17th April 2015), Carmody (17th April 2015), genevieve (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (17th April 2015), Rich (17th April 2015), RunningDeer (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), spiritwind (17th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ThePythonicCow (18th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

3. Link to Post #44822
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    Hi All!

Why don't i go more often to the village? It's becuse I get too caught up in pples private lives and problems, reflected in my codependency pattern South Node conj Neptune conj Moon in Libra that i get overwhelmed feeling guilty for not taking equal part in everyone. Also I'm still struggling with late stage Lyme develping into fibromyalgia, recurring fatigue and a chronic inflammation mimicking a constant state of influenza. I have better days in between though and I'm altering between my home in Gothenburg and my 93 year old father on the east-coast.

I'm hopping around now and then in other threads though, see you there
    I have seen your posts on other threads and feel that you are doing a really great service with your penetrating mind and heart.
    Not appearing in the Village more often could be protection for you, as well. I don't judge people for not coming here all the time. It is not always the best place for someone with complex health issues. The are problems here, like elsewhere.
    Everyone is free to do as they please. I appreciate the fact that you showed up to explain. Wish I could make your Lyme disease go away. Maybe our healers here could do one well-aimed healing blast in your direction.

Did the recent eclipses affect any sensitive spots in your chart, by the way?
    Thanks ulli; i didn't look into that, was thinking more about the mundane mirroring. My ordinairy transits are quite telling though...Uranus square Venus conj NN among other

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), 3(C)+me (17th April 2015), araucaria (18th April 2015), Carmody (17th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (17th April 2015), RunningDeer (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (17th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

5. Link to Post #44823
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

If you read this entry from Wikipedia, you can see what the people in the backdrop have tried to do to John McTiernan for being an aware human being.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McTiernan

In the same directors series, was a 1/2 hour interview with Mel Gibson. he specifically spoke about his three 'E's of film making. First entertain, always entertain, to get the 'bums on the seats', so the movie does well, then one can go forward (money return means studio involvement), the next two are educate, and Elevate. He spoke about people's 'BS meters' being fairly good, so they can see what is going on out there in the world, about him, his reputation, and crap thrown at him, and the overall Hollywood scenario and working as an independent, using film making groups outside of Hollywood studio and distribution control.

Which takes us to the issues of the internet, and government moves to infiltrate and control, and continue the fear and desire based whip and lure and mechanism of projected control.

The logic to take home in this is that weaker and lesser humans use violence, fear, anger, animal behavior and projection of such into society and culture, in order to get their way. They simply are not evolved enough to do it any other way. If they were evolved they would put those way, thoughts and life projection away, they would not be of that type or ilk. And groups, be it dimensional, satanic, etc, are also not evolved and are of lesser being lesser self... not greater. lesser intelligence, not greater. so they go after the group mind of the unevolved as way of feeding their own undeveloped and unevolved inner parasite.

Circular logic of the unevolved as projection into society. That's the core of militarism, animalism, totalitarianism, war mechanisms, financial mechanisms, forms of religion and their core structures, and the face of most secretive groups that are known to exist, with regard to feeling out the backdrops behind the public face.

A final statement is that patience, the patience of the greater evolution toward the evolution of the 'lesser mind projection into humanity', patience of it ---- is running out.
    Last edited by Carmody; 17th April 2015 at 15:49.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), 3(C)+me (17th April 2015), araucaria (17th April 2015), Flash (17th April 2015), genevieve (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (17th April 2015), RunningDeer (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (17th April 2015), ulli (17th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

7. Link to Post #44824
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

And here is one for those who would like to see the door slam behind the Monsanto pest.

http://prn.fm/he-holds-the-patent-th...nge-the-world/
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    IIRC, there is a TED talk on this subject, by this man?
    TED talk video & more photos and article at Health & Wellness.

Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world

Uploaded on May 8, 2008

http://www.ted.com Mycologist Paul Stamets studies the mycelium -- and lists 6 ways that this astonishing fungus can help save the world.
    <3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 17th April 2015 at 16:43.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), 3(C)+me (17th April 2015), araucaria (17th April 2015), Carmody (17th April 2015), Flash (17th April 2015), genevieve (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (17th April 2015), Muzz (17th April 2015), PurpleLama (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (17th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

9. Link to Post #44825
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Quite peaceful here today. We are snowed in behind 16" of snow with more than a foot still expected. Wish it could last and just tell the world out there to take a hike, lol. But tomorrow, my son will crank up the skid steer and open the road. Maybe it won't start or something. Of course, it's only nice as long as no one has a severe health issue and we have everything we need...

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), Flash (17th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), Violet (17th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

11. Link to Post #44826
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

Who is the anti-christ, if it's not a person than it's a company I vote for MONSTANTO. Thanks, runningdeer for the Stamets video, I am watching it as I am eating a mushroom omelet.
    Last edited by 3(C)+me; 17th April 2015 at 19:31.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), Flash (17th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (17th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

13. Link to Post #44827
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Joyce introduced the stream of conciousness. I got Ulysses but I just couldn't read it. It didn't work. Like Waterland didn't work. Boring is not a fair term, isn't every reading subjective? No book is a general appreciation. Generally, no work of art should be one definition.

But this is how it works in education, unfortunately. You read a book, you study the consensus meaning, and ideally that's what you'll repeat on the exams. And if you want a few bonus points you can just go ahead and...oh well, maybe add your own appreciation, or interpretation of it - not that this could ever coincide with what the artist really meant, of course.

Do artists even do that? Write a book and say: hey, this book is about the World War, and if you read anything of a love story or science fiction in this...Well, then you just can't read. Or a painter that says: this painting depicts nothing more but a bridge and you must only see it that way. And please, don't add any of your emotions. It'll ruin my art.

I gave my manuscript to a couple of people when it was at 30%. They were impatient, and I denied them not the sneak peek. The one said it was hard to make meaning of the whole. The other said it's vague and there is no story. In part it was subjective (in part not, some chapters still needed reworking, which I did after the right inspiration came). Their experience, it's their right. I accept the possibility that even if these (or other people) read the whole story, they'll still think that. I felt like that when reading Verhelst in high school (Flemish writer, link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Verhelst ).

I'll be keeping the feedback in mind (and not overdo the challenge) but I'm not changing the element that causes the confusion, because as opposed to the readers' perception, I wasn't being sloppy. I respect you and the contents of your skull (and I believe in the potential of that content). This is for you. What do you see? Here's the girl, and she's here right, and she's there as well, but she's not the same now. She's saying different things, not like before, she looks a bit different too. Has she changed? Oh, who's speaking now? It was the girl, right? That's how it started. With "she". Or is it the mother? Oh, no, wait, it's that midget, look it says "he" now and "he" is a male. Wait a minute, I thought I just read males don't exist in that city. Then where did he come from?

This is not how I write, lol, it's a possible thinking process.

There is a story and there is meaning. I know that, I made it. It's about a girl, and about a mother. A mother who's there, yet she rarely is. And the girl, unknowingly, unwillingly becomes a reflection of her mother, whose absence she deplores. And she disappears in her own way. Now she's here, now she's gone again. Multiple layers and jumping around but there is a red cord, a red thread. Instead of serving it on a platter, I want the reader to go and find it. I care not about becoming the next bestseller. If I want that I'll just write about how difficult it is to be a next-generation migrant or how religion opresses me, which is what the doctor is trying to get me to do, or so I understand.

I just want people to be awake when they read. Reading I mean.

Post-update next day:

This ties into the recent evolution of abstracting. I think, looking at it, it was a precursor without me knowing. I simply wanted to entertain a Roald Dahlish audience, especially kids with big problems in this world. Books are gateways, if you don't have any other escape. So, it had to be simple, real enough and yet plenty of outerworldliness. Long sentences or too difficult ideas, for this young audience, were simplified, again and again. And what happened is it didn't become an easier read, at all...quite the opposite. It became a challenge. For me as well as for probably a bit older audience now.

You know how poetry sometimes reads so fragmentary, distant? It's a feeling in a moment. After that moment vanishes, the poem is now a puzzle. You can get into that moment too, not being the poet himself, but not by that quick glance I took at Sophie on page 66.
    Last edited by Violet; 18th April 2015 at 08:18. Reason: Post-updating in compressed style

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), araucaria (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (17th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

15. Link to Post #44828
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sunset due North

I forgot about this experience until it just happen again. I figured I’d post.

I waited at a red light and saw the sunset in the north at about 3:30 p.m. I double-tripled checked. I reasoned that the sky is thick with dark clouds and yet I saw the sunset. I blinked and refocused and still the identical picture. It was an overlay is the only words that come to mind. I continued to see it even when the light changed to green.

Slight headache for the last 24+ hours. I recall Carmody’s post about the high energies and sunspots. That could be the it.

<3

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), araucaria (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), PurpleLama (17th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

17. Link to Post #44829
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Sunset due North

I waited at a red light and saw the sunset in the north at about 3:30 p.m. I double-tripled checked. I reasoned that the sky is thick with dark clouds and yet I saw the sunset. I blinked and refocused and still the identical picture. It was an overlay is the only words that come to mind. I continued to see it even when the light changed to green.

Slight headache for the last 24+ hours. I recall Carmody’s post about the high energies and sunspots. That could be the it.

<3
    I get the occasional sunset in the south.

18. Link to Post #44830
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Sunset due North

<3
    I get the occasional sunset in the south.
    Oh, that's good feedback. I'll pay attention (some more). World's a flipping'. Or we are...

<3

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), araucaria (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

20. Link to Post #44831
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Or the world is flipping one wayn and we are flipping the other....

21. Link to Post #44832
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Or the world is flipping one wayn and we are flipping the other....
    That crossed my mind, too. I saw it as a good thing. Like no helmet and knee pads required.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), araucaria (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

23. Link to Post #44833
    Thanks

Evening, all.....

M.C.Escher Phosphrescent Sea, 1933
    Last edited by ulli; 18th April 2015 at 02:49.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), araucaria (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

25. Link to Post #44834
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

This picture reminds me of the illustrations in books by a British children's author, Arthur Ransome. I loved those books.

This is the exact view of the Big Dipper I see when sitting out on the deck at night.

A five foot tall version of this picture in front of me during meditation would be nice, set up so the horizon is at eye level. The real thing on deck doesn't work, I keep wriggling to see the stars eclipsed by tree branches. I end up talking to the stars instead.

Evening, all.....

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), araucaria (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

27. Link to Post #44835
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 times in 275 posts

Hello Village,
    I've been stalking this little village for a few weeks now and it seems like a nice place to stop by and have a cup of coffee (or tea). Today I had lunch with a friend I met in a tarot class. It was nice to be around someone (in person) and be able to talk to about the things that interest me these days. We discussed astrology, tarot, conspiracy topics, aliens, and spirituality. Not many people I can do that with! The only other place I feel at home lately is on PA....so thank you for being there, at least online!

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to awakeningmom For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), araucaria (18th April 2015), gripreaper (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), PurpleLama (19th April 2015), RunningDeer (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

29. Link to Post #44836
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by awakeningmom (here)
    Hello Village,
    I've been stalking this little village for a few weeks now and it seems like a nice place to stop by and have a cup of coffee (or tea). Today I had lunch with a friend I met in a tarot class. It was nice to be around someone (in person) and be able to talk to about the things that interest me these days. We discussed astrology, tarot, conspiracy topics, aliens, and spirituality. Not many people I can do that with! The only other place I feel at home lately is on PA....so thank you for being there, at least online!
    Hello awakeningmom, great to see you here
    That's an interesting discussion we've been having on that other thread. I'm sure you understand I don't have all the answers - but you might find a few right here.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), awakeningmom (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

31. Link to Post #44837
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Sync. Just finished reading a couple of Carmody's posts up here. It's a great prospect and I have noticed - for those little moments I watch - a difference on the screen already.

Europe is a bit ahead of Hollywood in this respect. Aragorn gave the example of Ben-X, recently, Belgian movie about kid with Aspergers. And did you see what they did with "de Loft" (have and will not see, call me old-fashioned)? Director Van Looy allowed the film to be redone by American actors, to "better suit the American market". What was wrong with our actors? I found it somewhat insulting. It just had to work,...and sell. They messed it up. As opposed to its local success, it totally flopped in the US.

Otherwise, I also recommend Scandinavian, Dutch (=not the same as Belgian) and Hungarian (children's) movies. There is a lot of talent in each region and it's amazing to see the world change every time again through regional eyes.

Does this exist in the US too? Like movies from Texas that are totally different from...say movies in Minnesota, even though both are in English?

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

1inMany (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), RunningDeer (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

33. Link to Post #44838
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Good Morning, Village

Journeyon and awakeningmom, and roison too, how nice that you have found us. I have found this Village to be quite a respite from the chaos surrounding me. Pull up a comfy chair, or plop down by the bonfire. I personally love a bonfire. I'm quite a fan of s'mores too, so I usually have a stash of marshmallows and graham crackers. I can't promise I always have chocolate on hand, it seems to disappear constantly. Wonder how that happens? *innocent whistling*

Going to a powwow today. I wish it were authentic, but even events for the public are fun.

Here and now, I sit (stand, drive, sleep...) one foot in this world and one foot in another. On the edge again. Courage, be my friend. In fact, courage be a Village friend, here and now. I look around and do not see a single person who couldn't use some.

Much Love,
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

awakeningmom (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

35. Link to Post #44839
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Talking about Hollywood propaganda and movies with sinister messages/directors (I could name a few obvious ones, but I won't - let's just say that they're the most famous ones and have always the most massive advertising campaigns which is quite disturbing), I too am glad that there are people like Lucas or Spielberg who always have something positive to contribute in their movies... Or J.J. Abrams who has directed the new Star Wars, it is apparent that Spielberg and Lucas have been his idols and he mimics their styles.

This is not the full interview, but I remember watching when it first aired a long time ago. He talks about my favorite things.
    George seems like a really decent guy and has some interesting points about mythology and the "force". You have that power, too.

When it comes to languages, this guy sure knows them! Besides Finnish I can only understand, speak and write English quite well if I may say so. I barely can understand the basics of Swedish and French - even after studying the former language for years as a child. When it comes to other languages such as Spanish or German, I only understand some words or sentences.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

1inMany (19th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), ulli (18th April 2015)

37. Link to Post #44840
    Thanks

This is the kind of thing I am counting on happening when our botanical garden opens. But can my plants grow fast enough, before the selfie photo fad has burnt itself out? Like one post mentioned...drone selfies will be next.
    Last edited by ulli; 18th April 2015 at 12:36.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (19th April 2015), 3(C)+me (18th April 2015), Jean-Marie (19th April 2015), meeradas (18th April 2015), RunningDeer (18th April 2015), Sierra (18th April 2015), Stephanie (18th April 2015), Violet (18th April 2015), Wind (18th April 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2242 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1242 1742 2142 2192 2232 2242 2252 2292 2342 2703 LastLast