+ Reply to Thread
Page 2292 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1292 1792 2192 2242 2282 2292 2302 2342 2392 2703 LastLast
Results 45,821 to 45,840 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #45821
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

2. Link to Post #45822
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    And that's about as ambiguous as communication can get PL. Ha! You got me guessing what 10 letter cuss word that is. Ha!

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

1inMany (9th July 2015), Carmody (9th July 2015), dan33 (10th July 2015), PurpleLama (9th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015)

4. Link to Post #45823
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Playdo of Ataraxas (here)
    And that's about as ambiguous as communication can get PL. Ha! You got me guessing what 10 letter cuss word that is. Ha!
    It was about our dearly departed friend, Phil.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Who can come up with some ingenious uses for cuss words, I might add.

5. Link to Post #45824
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

It was about our dearly departed friend, Phil.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Who can come up with some ingenious uses for cuss words, I might add.
    That he can. As departed, do you mean the forum?

Update: Oh, ok, didn't even know. Peace be with you Donk.

Update 2: I think verflücht was the ten letter cuss word.
    Last edited by Playdo of Ataraxas; 9th July 2015 at 01:35.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

1inMany (9th July 2015), Carmody (9th July 2015), dan33 (10th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), PurpleLama (9th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015), Wind (11th July 2015)

7. Link to Post #45825
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

Patience....PL counts to 10?

UPDATE: Oops, I shoulda read further down the page.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 9th July 2015 at 01:37.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (9th July 2015), Carmody (9th July 2015), dan33 (10th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (9th July 2015), PurpleLama (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015)

9. Link to Post #45826
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Not all seekers of truth and carriers of society and cultures, are violently opinionated blowhards.

As a matter of fact, the opposite is true.

When you have a mosh pit for a 'freedom of behavior and act' space, all you get is a mosh pit. where a small group dominate the other potential members and contributors, dominate with their extremist behaviors and acts. this does not solve anything. In fact, it moves in the opposite direction.

Note that most of society, even those in the room, those who wish to contribute, and do, just like a dance scene/club...most of those people stay far away from the given mosh pit.

Helping a society and culture shift itself involves the whole mass, not a few who are in extremis. The extremes are the problem and engaging them is the problem. It violates the sanctity and existence of the general mass and bounces off of the masses -as if the extremism, the outlier... did not exist.

The reality is that the extremism of the 'anything goes --mosh pit ruled forums' is not going to engage the requisite people/masses.... and to do that, to engage the larger group.. a forum must have rules involving sense and sensibility.

History has taught us that this would be case of a closed forum, with moderation, and ejecting of misbehaving people, those who disturb the peace. quiet is required for people to think,and to absorb and to change. The violence in communication engages only the animal in humans which is already foaming at the mouth (animal monkey talk) and it brings nothing new to the conversation, and no increase to the numbers of the aware.

People are not aware that they are driven in their thinking and thought formation by the animal and body imperatives. People don't understand this as their body's safety and immediate future are functional in an environment... where they don't need to be aware of this wiring and thought formation reality.

A forum with heavy negative emotional thrusts does nothing for enlightenment of the masses, it does nothing for the shifting of society and culture, for all these various reasons, and more. The most effective writers in the alternative field are those who delivery highly stressing material in a clear unemotional manner. Like Jim Marrs, for example.

Thus, again, the clarity in the logic of what a human is at this time, on this planet.... is that closed moderated forums, like this one, are the best bet for helping humanity, reaching people, engaging people... helping them reach new plateaus in understanding what this world and this reality actually is. The current state of the reactive psychology and physiology of humanity... demands it be of this form.
    Thanks for the post Carmody. To make cooperative communication even more difficult over the forum medium is the lack of face to face communication. It's too easy to misunderstand another when tone and visual cues of the utterance are not part of the communication, even when there is no intended slight. The forum medium lends itself to egregious in-adherence to the cooperative principle of communication as laid forth by the four Gricean maxims of successful communication.

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/dravling/grice.html
    1.The maxim of quantity, where one tries to be as informative as one possibly can, and gives as much information as is needed, and no more.
    2.The maxim of quality, where one tries to be truthful, and does not give information that is false or that is not supported by evidence.
    3.The maxim of relation, where one tries to be relevant, and says things that are pertinent to the discussion.
    4. The maxim of manner, when one tries to be as clear, as brief, and as orderly as one can in what one says, and where one avoids obscurity and ambiguity.

I enjoy your exactitude, directness and informativeness of communication on a consistent basis. It has been most beneficial for me. I will say that it would be, for me, most difficult to moderate those whose communications are laden with many possible interpretations and meanings. Whether a mis/disinformed, false, irrelevant or ambiguous meaning was intended or not, via this communicative medium the negative possibility of an unsuccessful utterance is latent, and, therefore, is, if another thinks such. That is precisely one reason why I have not read Aleister Crowley in a decade, and why I do not engage in a lot of discourse on the forum. The risk of unsuccessful communication is high. It is most difficult to adhere to the maxims on a forum.
    Thank you Playdo for the above. This is all very sound and an excellent reason for leaving Crowley alone, but the forum as well?

The reason why we have to persist in trying to improve our communications skills is that the alternative is much more fraught with danger still. If I had to sum up the big picture of humanity’s plight at this time in one pithy phrase, it would be ‘silence means consent’. You see, even if you say nothing, that is going to be interpreted very wrongly. Worse: in a sense, this interpretation is not wrong at all. People are racist until they start talking to someone, then they make an exception for that person; they meet a few more and eventually the racist remarks will be said only in jest, before drying up altogether. Your neighbor may seem objectionable from the other side of the fence, but get to know him, you will probably find he is a decent enough character, and the day you have a problem with him he is more likely to listen if you have got to know each other a little first.

So your maxims for communication are OK as far as they go, but they have nothing to say about feedback and feedback to that feedback. Breakdowns in communication are always at that level (indeed there is no communication until a reader or listener is involved): a simple misunderstanding is misunderstood instead of being explored and you soon have an argument on yours hands. This comes from dogmatism: people consider their words so right they should be carved in stone, but that is a form of insecurity. Wise words are never carved in stone when adjusted to the here and now; it takes a little courage to let them flow. You don’t like what I just said? OK, no big deal, I’ll try something different. The world’s troubles are the work of dogmatic, insecure people pontificating about things and people they haven’t got to know. To understand is not always to love or accept, but loving always involves understanding.

Take for example Freudian psychology. The Oedipus complex is based entirely on the father’s influence on the son. There is no feedback: the father doesn’t even know his own son; the joys of parenthood and the myriad ways a child can change a parent are foreign to him. With this brick wall of a father, the son can only turn the other way and repeat the pattern with the next generation. Withdrawal on both sides means a total lack of communication and gets you nowhere; it gets you stuck in a rut. Engagement is the only way forward. It gets easier when you build up an understanding, a relationship, but you have to make a start when it’s toughest.

This is why forum posting is my preferred medium, over blogging and writing books, and responding to a post in preference to starting a thread: it is real two-way communication – multiway when others join in. It may be a daunting task, but fortunately there are many levels at which to begin the process. One’s intellectual understanding need not be brilliant as long as there is emotional understanding (genuine interest and concern). Which is where the Here and Now thread comes in, because it lowers the threshold for joining (and subsequently elevating) this type of communication. The simplest matters work just as well.

PS. Not to interfere, but if verflücht is supposed to be a ten letter cuss word, then I think you would need to spell it verfluecht!

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (9th July 2015), Carmody (9th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), hohoemi (9th July 2015), Innocent Warrior (23rd June 2017), Marianne (9th July 2015), meeradas (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015)

11. Link to Post #45827
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

There is no such word as verflücht, nor verfluecht, in the German language.
    A Fluch is a curse, and Flüche is the plural.
    And verflucht means "cursed".
    I do enjoy my pickiness at times.
    Other than that, great posts from all, by the way.
    As always.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (9th July 2015), araucaria (9th July 2015), Carmody (9th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), hohoemi (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015)

13. Link to Post #45828
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

In a word, "Resonance".

Quote "My key insight was to realize that all you really need are the moving quantum trajectories themselves," he said.
    Strange behavior of quantum particles may indicate the existence of other parallel universes
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (9th July 2015), araucaria (9th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), genevieve (10th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), PurpleLama (9th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015), Wind (11th July 2015)

15. Link to Post #45829
    Thanks

Araucaria, with your above post on the perils of lack of communication you hit a nerve.
    My personal communication pendulum swings madly between too much and too little,
    and life punishes me accordingly.

What really hit home, however, was the term "wall of a father" which has been passed down my own genetic (and astrological) bloodline.
    I must remain silent on the subject.
    Duct. tape, anyone?

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (9th July 2015), Carmody (9th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015)

17. Link to Post #45830
    Thanks

In a word, "Resonance".

Quote "My key insight was to realize that all you really need are the moving quantum trajectories themselves," he said.
    Strange behavior of quantum particles may indicate the existence of other parallel universes
    And an astrology 'proof', as it is directly tied to resonance modes of the elastic and flow-pressured system of solar output, and field interaction, of the whole mess. The galactic system, the solar system, the dimensional system, the planetary system, and so on.

Resonance. Elastic magnetic, voltage, and thus physical, and phononic, and thus astrology and ley/vortex lines.

NASA data shows surfer-shaped waves in near-Earth space

The black center of the upper image, is the earth. Those are the energetic fields which surround the earth, in a snapshot of said flow. (as a computer generated image)

if you spin the earth and see the fields in 3D, and stand on the earth, you would see a patterned vortex (I/O) training behind, in the darkest of the night. The witching hour. Then the ascendant leading pressure rainbow (field/dimension splitting -resonance, firing like a reed) zone would also be more obvious.
    Last edited by Carmody; 9th July 2015 at 13:53.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

araucaria (9th July 2015), Calz (10th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), Limor Wolf (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015), Violet (9th July 2015), Wind (11th July 2015)

19. Link to Post #45831
    Thanks

Did not know about Donk. Well, that handle was quite negative, but he had the gumption to explain it.

As for natalia (from the same moderators action thread), this thing seems to have exploded (straws and camels and all that) at the moment that Ulli mentioned some support for me while (just after), er, some were asking her to cool her jets a bit.

I said I met (ran into) someone who was impossibly perfect, and whom gave me a very nasty look.

I think Ulli got it (what that meant), right away.

to explain....Impossibly perfect is the thing that Ingo Swann spoke of in 'Penetration'. Representations of physicality that appear very human but are impossibly perfected.
    Last edited by Carmody; 9th July 2015 at 14:13.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

araucaria (9th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), hohoemi (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015)

21. Link to Post #45832
    Thanks

Did not know about Donk. Well, that handle was quite negative, but he had the gumption to explain it.

As for natalia (from the same moderators action thread), this thing seems to have exploded (straws and camels and all that) at the moment that Ulli mentioned some support for me while (just after), er, some were asking her to cool her jets a bit.

I said I met (ran into) someone who was impossibly perfect, and whom gave me a very nasty look.

I think Ulli got it (what that meant), right away.

to explain....Impossibly perfect is the thing that Ingo Swann spoke of in 'Penetration'. Representations of physicality that appear very human but are impossibly perfected.
    Whether I get what you are saying, or not, depends entirely on my own current state of mind.
    I can be impossibly imperfect, especially here in Barbados, where everyone I know likes to remind me of every wart.
    My past is imperfect, and being held up against me at every turn.
    So there is that word again, PAST.
    Meaning 'let's forget who we are here and now'.
    I wish I could turn this into a therapy session, and be more specific, but it's a public forum, and I respect people's right to privacy, whether they are obnoxious or saintly.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (10th July 2015), araucaria (9th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), genevieve (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015)

23. Link to Post #45833
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

How does resonance prove the (efficient) workings of astrology?

And is it comparable to the force acting between two bodies, or here: realities?

Resonance. Elastic magnetic, voltage, and thus physical, and phononic, and thus astrology and ley/vortex lines.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

araucaria (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015)

25. Link to Post #45834
    Thanks

The real surprise to me was when many years ago I discovered that there was a simultaneous effect
    at various levels.
    Not just cause and effect...
    But all energies interacting at once.
    Otherwise distance would be an issue, as cannot possibly be the case in Pluto effects.
    Pluto is so far away, yet so exact and timely in its instantaneous reach.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (10th July 2015), araucaria (9th July 2015), dan33 (10th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), Stephanie (9th July 2015), Wind (11th July 2015)

27. Link to Post #45835
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 times in 444 posts

Hi all,

I noticed Ulli copied this video over from a post I made elsewhere.

(By the way Ulli, I replied to your response (about the temple) over there. It got me smiling.)

Interesting reading some of your comments (Carmody, Nat_Lee, Flash, araucaria...)

For what it's worth - I posted the video at the end of a much larger post about a book by the late former astronaut and free energy advocate/explorer Brian O'Leary, who expressed deep feeling about what we were doing to 'mother earth,' and wished to see the growth of a 'sacred science' that could blend conscientious scientific practice with deeper respect for the role of consciousness.

I actually used a still from the video to turn the skyscraper into a ship that could fly around the earth and be based on the ground (picture below.)

Millennia (or less) from now, our solar system and the earth may have changed in ways hard to predict, and our race may have adapted to live elsewhere, or differently, amidst the stars. But for now, I prefer having my feet on the ground, or in the life-giving waters of the earth, to swaying in a skyscraper that casts a looming shadow

With clean, abundant energy, a home that could be flown out of a flood or a cyclone could be quite a handy thing.

The future lotus ship in my pic was, affectionately, a Project Avalon Centre for Science and Spirituality.

Quote Posted by Melinda (here)

...The lotus ship was modified from a still from the video below. It is actually from a design for a skyscraper. But I wonder, when designers as talented as this have access to free energy, what spectacular ships they might choose to envisage that can, instead, link us closely to the earth or journey around the world and out beyond the solar system. I enjoyed watching the beautiful geometry as it grew into the completed vision. I find it soothing the way the structures are immersed in and reflect the water gardens. At under 2.5 minutes - thought some of you might enjoy.

Grateful to Wade for everything he's doing to help heal our world, and to you all for the love you bring in the here and now.

Love the lyrics to this. A philosophy that's sometimes hard to hear in our harsh environment. But often healing. Heavenly.

and true

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Melinda For This Post:

1inMany (10th July 2015), araucaria (9th July 2015), dan33 (10th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015), Wind (11th July 2015)

29. Link to Post #45836
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Araucaria, with your above post on the perils of lack of communication you hit a nerve.
    My personal communication pendulum swings madly between too much and too little,

What really hit home, however, was the term "wall of a father" which has been passed down my own genetic (and astrological) bloodline.
    Duct. tape, anyone?
    Ulli, I was not thinking of anyone in particular (least of all present company) when I wrote my above post; but of course if something is to have any relevance, it is going to resonate with someone. Sorry if that was uncomfortable for you.

After your German lesson, ‘past’ and ‘perfect’ suggest a point of grammar. The past perfect is the past form with current relevance, e.g. ‘I have eaten’ implying I am not hungry now. The dictionary definition of this perfection as an action already completed is inadequate, since the simple past action is also completed, and more radically so since it doesn’t have this lingering quality. The whole idea of the perfect tense (or rather mood) is actually closer to unfinished business. Nothing is perfect when seen as part of an ongoing process, and therefore – but counterintuitively – to dwell on the imperfections can be disastrous. On the other hand, this ongoing process is punctuated with elements of closure, meaning that a time for reflection can follow, or a fresh start can be made. We are constantly doing this balancing act between dealing with the past, and drawing a line under it; it’s all about being forgiving. See https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post936711

The above referenced post is about an opera singer of whom I earlier posted a video singing a highly complex scream. There would be imperfections in that scream, but the amazing thing is the sheer technical skill that can been put into such a primeval gesture – and more generally the amount of near-perfection that goes into our imperfections. There are always plenty of encouraging signs to latch onto. Interestingly, when the Cathars were called Perfecti, it meant that they were complete and utter… heretics.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post929394

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (10th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), ulli (9th July 2015)

31. Link to Post #45837
    Thanks

I was going to add to this discussion, and got too busy that day, and later forgot.
    Araucaria brought up terms like virtual, and placed mental images of pristine unadultured nature next to that.

And here is me, living in raw nature in Costa Rica, as near a Jurassic Park world as can be, and always battling with "nature". My latest spider bite from the end of May has still not healed.
    Currently in Barbados where at first glance everything looks manicured, and there are no longer poisonous snakes in the island, since the introduction of a single pair of mongoose from India.
    I have also spent a great part of my life living in London, England, and had a country house in Southern England, also on a river, like now. Then the river Rother, now the Rio Grande de Orosi.
    These changes between city and country have taught me a lot about where human intervention is justified and where it is detrimental.
    These cities in the sky might work where culture or civilization have reached levels of decadence and decay that one just needs to build a new infra-structure on top of the mess.
    For now the planet still has options to offer (to some of us) that don't require such drastic artificial habitat developments, but who knows for how much longer?
    Wherever people in Costa Rica move onto a new plot of former virgin forest, or former coffee fields, visual ugliness is the result.
    For years I have been wishing that some town planning could be applied, at least leaving spots for parks, or the odd tree.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (10th July 2015), araucaria (9th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), Wind (11th July 2015)

33. Link to Post #45838
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)

Duct. tape, anyone?
    Ulli, I was not thinking of anyone in particular (least of all present company) when I wrote my above post; but of course if something is to have any relevance, it is going to resonate with someone. Sorry if that was uncomfortable for you.

..snip..
    Not uncomfortable at all. It resonated in a most positive way, so much so that I emailed your post to someone close to me with two carbon copies to two other members of the family.
    It was just such perfect timing for you to share those thoughts.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (10th July 2015), araucaria (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015)

35. Link to Post #45839

Mercury moved into Cancer and is square the Moon's nodes.

Beautiful day in the forest. Grateful for the soft cool gentle winds today. But rain would be very much appreciated too. It's been so hot and dry here. Poor trees.

Haven't been very active lately here and now, but I've been following along with you all -Thank You.
    Still have moments of letting it all out, letting go. Opening to accepting and receiving love. A lot of transformation and changes inside and outside -I feel like a whole different person. Amazing when you become aware that what you really resonate with is love.

Hugs to everyone

Nora

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

1inMany (10th July 2015), araucaria (10th July 2015), Calz (10th July 2015), Flash (9th July 2015), Playdo of Ataraxas (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015), Stephanie (9th July 2015), ulli (10th July 2015), Violet (9th July 2015), Wind (11th July 2015)

37. Link to Post #45840
    Thanks

I note that the still is a blurred image of Tom moving his arm around.

No, Tom would never move his arms around...

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (10th July 2015), araucaria (10th July 2015), RunningDeer (9th July 2015), Sierra (9th July 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2292 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1292 1792 2192 2242 2282 2292 2302 2342 2392 2703 LastLast