+ Reply to Thread
Page 2137 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1137 1637 2037 2087 2127 2137 2147 2187 2237 2637 2703 LastLast
Results 42,721 to 42,740 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #42721
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Sarah Palin said today that illegal immigrants from Mexico should be put on boats and sent back across the ocean to their home country.

Surely, this has to be satire!! But maybe not...if she can see Russia from her window, Mexico must be across the ocean.
    http://dailycurrant.com/2014/11/20/s...ean-to-mexico/

Here is another cool headline from this site:
    Obama Attends Gwyneth Paltrow’s Halloween Party As Ronald Reagan

Oh, and what about the landfill which was named after Obama?

Anyway, I think it is timely to share some satire around here, so that Jim Carrey doesn't look so lonely...
    Last edited by ulli; 23rd November 2014 at 20:50.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd November 2014), Curt (25th November 2014), eaglespirit (24th November 2014), Flash (24th November 2014), jerry (23rd November 2014), meeradas (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (23rd November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (24th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #42722
    Thanks

4. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (27th November 2014), araucaria (24th November 2014), Calz (24th November 2014), Carmody (23rd November 2014), eaglespirit (24th November 2014), Ernie Nemeth (25th November 2014), Flash (24th November 2014), fourty-two (24th November 2014), genevieve (25th November 2014), Iloveyou (24th November 2014), Karezza (25th November 2014), Mark (24th November 2014), meeradas (24th November 2014), Muzz (24th November 2014), Roisin (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (23rd November 2014), Shezbeth (23rd November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), Skyhaven (24th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (24th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #42723
    Thanks

Those people must love it there or they would have done what I did over thirty years ago...moved to warmer climes.
    I'm a different person in the cold...grumpy, discontent, and a lot less creative.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (24th November 2014), eaglespirit (24th November 2014), Heart-2-Heart (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (24th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), Skyhaven (24th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #42724
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Ulli, get that sync book out. I was going to write about how I'm continuing with the astrology exercises working on friends and family so as to be able to confirm information.

Yesterday I was working on the transit mappings for a Capricorn and I got to the current Mars and it warned for head aches if one was prone to them. This afternoon I talked to that Capricorn and he basically told me to shut up because his head was bursting (oh, Capricorns can also get moody, but I don't have to explain that to a Capricorn) so I went and made him a lovely cup of coffee with lemon, learned it from the Swiss woman on the mountain, always works (try it).

And although these exercises are not yet giving me the great insights that I'm waiting for, there's a big Deus ex machina in all this thinking that came soon after reading Araucaria's last metaphysical ponderings and it ties into astrology, I think. But I need to write that down carefully so as not to lose the reader.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

eaglespirit (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (24th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (24th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #42725
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)

Those people must love it there or they would have done what I did over thirty years ago...moved to warmer climes.
    I'm a different person in the cold...grumpy, discontent, and a lot less creative.
    I'm the opposite..... am thinking about moving somewhere in S.America but am only looking at cool temp. high mountainous regions.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

animovado (27th November 2014), eaglespirit (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (24th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (24th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #42726
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)

I'm the opposite..... am thinking about moving somewhere in S.America but am only looking at cool temp. high mountainous regions.
    I live at 1060 m (3150 feet) altitude here in Costa Rica, with the average temperature 23C.
    And during the winter months even the coastal temperatures are never higher than
    28C.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

eaglespirit (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (24th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #42727
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

That sounds like what I'm looking for and I'm guessing that the temps drop down at night of course. But Costa Rica's Cost of living index is higher than most so am looking at Peru... it's about right. Practicing my Spanish and looking to make the move after my lease is over in late 2015.

PS -- suffering from brain fog this morning am waiting for it to clear.lol

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

eaglespirit (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (24th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (24th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

15. Link to Post #42728
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    Ulli, get that sync book out. I was going to write about how I'm continuing with the astrology exercises working on friends and family so as to be able to confirm information.

Yesterday I was working on the transit mappings for a Capricorn and I got to the current Mars and it warned for head aches if one was prone to them. This afternoon I talked to that Capricorn and he basically told me to shut up because his head was bursting (oh, Capricorns can also get moody, but I don't have to explain that to a Capricorn) so I went and made him a lovely cup of coffee with lemon, learned it from the Swiss woman on the mountain, always works (try it).

And although these exercises are not yet giving me the great insights that I'm waiting for, there's a big Deus ex machina in all this thinking that came soon after reading Araucaria's last metaphysical ponderings and it ties into astrology, I think. But I need to write that down carefully so as not to lose the reader.
    Look at your chart and check for Pluto, Scorpio, 8th house.
    Those are the factors which govern expectation, and although they make one curious about hidden laws,
    they also can push one a little too far.
    When the scorpion animal becomes too intense the sting can end up in its own body.

Push is needed to break through dimensional barriers, but you have to know when to stop,
    and temper your expectations. Then all things will be revealed.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

eaglespirit (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (24th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

17. Link to Post #42729
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

The twin process
    More metaphysical ponderings for Violet
    Following on from my earlier post about the Seal of Solomon here https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post900618 . This post has been a whole lot harder to put together, but it should be easier to read, at least I hope so. As always, my thinking is not so much architectural, i.e. constructed to a prior plan, as organic, taking on a life of its own. It turns out most of the technical stuff I had intended to include has dropped into the background as I added my own input. We are trying here to get beyond the theory to specific manifestations in 3D reality, and on to the practicalities of making this bird fly. But the theory is there for anyone to check out, which is why I have been supplying quotes and page references.

The manifestations mostly seem negative, but only until they are brought into consciousness through what Remo Roth calls the ‘twin process’, whereby through observation, the bipolar energy makes the unascertained ascertainable and transforms potential being into actual being. This is something that Freud understood still less than Jung. Freud is very good at describing the influence of a (dysfunctional) parent, and by default a father, on their child, leading in turn to a neurotic child and future dysfunctional parent. There is no way out of this repetitive victim-perpetrator scenario until you factor in what I have called the Chloe effect, namely the feedback influence. The basic it-takes-two-to-tango process is incredibly simple and kicks in just as soon as the newborn baby has figured out how to execute at will that little grimace that sends its parents into ecstasy. But of course, we are not starting from scratch with a newborn baby.

The system appears broken; what we are trying to do to mend it is to apply the process to itself; in other words, to observe the observation process and bring into consciousness the rise into consciousness. This amounts to showing how the system is not broken at all but has actually been working all along. As with yin and yang (the black spot in the white, the white spot in the black), the conjunction of these two masculine and feminine energies leads to what Remo Roth calls an ‘exchange of attributes’:
    Quote The godlike masculine principle – in a neutral language I would call it spirit-psyche – transforms into the divine feminine, matter-psyche, and vice versa. (Remo Roth, The Return of the World Soul, II, 52)
    This spirit-psyche (male energy) can be divided into an outer and an inner component, respectively physical energy and Jung’s objective psychic energy. On the other hand, since Matter-psyche (female paranormal energy) cannot be divided in this way, it operates on a ‘psychophysical’ level. Thus, whenever it is brought into play, it can affect either the mind/spirit dimension or the physical world. Alternatively, it can also create (or even be used destructively) in the intermediate realm, the unus mundus. Matter-psyche is the middle term in the twin process, whereby unobservable matter/psyche/spirit ‘transforms into matter-psyche and re-transforms into spirit-psyche with a completely new quality’ (II.57). In other words, this paranormal energy is what takes us from the metaphysical, nonascertainable potential being, to ascertainable being. The rational, causal mind in 3D reality advances through irrational, acausal leaps and bounds; problems arise when from the 3D reality perspective this process becomes ‘out of sight out of mind’.

The power of this description lies in the fact that since it covers both the ideal situation of fully functioning human beings living in harmony and the less than ideal situation we have at the moment where this process is being interfered with, it holds out the means to get from where we are at to where we want to be. Roth offers two situations where the process is interfered with. The first I have already described: the act of will involved in provoking particle decay, whether for producing electricity or bombs. Thus the neutron prior to radioactive decay is not a physical but a metaphysical particle; only the outcome of the energy process has actual being. This process is unobservable: no act of will is involved. I would add that whatever is going on at CERN very likely falls in this category as well: not just the alleged secret activity there, but also the as-advertised research.

The second type of occurrence is in ‘people who are forced to observe such spontaneous events, even against their will. They are compelled into the altered consciousness I call the Eros ego, and in this way they become able to look directly into the unus mundus beyond physical reality’ ((II.60). Roth cites UFO encounters and abduction scenarios as instances of this. In an earlier post, I suggested that something similar happens to concentration camp prisoners. This may also be extended to Milab and other survivors, and is why witness testimony is at once crucial and to be heard with caution, i.e. being obtained through a deliberate process malfunction and therefore requiring appraisal through the properly functioning process.

Notice that notions of good and evil are largely irrelevant here, the difference lying, on one level, between the spontaneous but ever so gradual exploration of the Eros ego and a compulsory crash course in the subject, and on another level between perpetrators and victims, who are both dealing externally together (the former deliberately, the latter unwillingly) with an issue that has to be resolved internally. ‘Go within’ is no New Age slogan: it is simply a) an acknowledgement that the entire dual mechanism lies within each of us, just like the two legs we have to walk with, b) a conscious acknowledgement that the repressed/unconscious status of that knowledge is the cause of our problem, and therefore c) the remedy to that problem. I’ll come back to this issue at the end of this post.

I would add to this that Christian and other mystics operate in a similar manner when they abandon their will to the will of their God/supreme entity. You then have a continuous spectrum of deprivation of willpower due to external aggression through to surrender of willpower due to a supreme act of will. The question then is where to draw the line; there will be many cases offering a mixture of both, either with apparent victims actually consenting at some level (soul agreement), or apparent mystics who are actually victims, having been forced to abandon their will to the will of God knows who and blinded to that fact. The question then becomes whether to draw the line at all: it could be argued that as observers on this planet, it is our job to exercise free will – not, I hasten to add, for our own selfish benefit, but for the higher good; for me, this is what it means to be grounded – the default position being that I am exercising free will at all times, including when submissive, though possibly in ways I don’t like and need to change or improve. The healing power of the here and now, as practiced by the Village, relies on a very Daoist principle reformulated as I recall by Paula’s Dad: ‘Act like a woman, think like a man.’

However, we also need to define what we mean by will, otherwise it is itself a metaphysical notion. And ‘woman’ and ‘man’ in the above formula are also metaphysical notions until we examine them. Remo Roth makes clear that will is part of the masculine Logos ego, ‘based on thinking, extraverted sensation and will’, whereas the feminine Eros ego is based on ‘vegetative sensation and feeling, which is completely without will’. He goes on,
    Quote Expressed in Pauli’s physical symbolic terminology, the ability to observe accidentally makes such an ego behave as some sort of a radioactive nucleus. Such a ‘conscious radioactive nucleus’ could observe singular quantum leaps spontaneously happening in the unus mundus, and incarnating into our world. (II:64)
    What you have then is a masculine attribute – the will (to observe) – and a feminine one – the ability (to observe) – and both essential for getting anything done at all. Hence, as I see it, the will corresponds to the masculine energy term, and the ability to observe to the feminine energy term. How two opposite forces can combine effectively is known to science, aptly enough, as a couple (torque). If you have a cross-shaped tap/faucet, equal and opposite forces exerted on either side will open it and release the flow, and opposite equal and opposite forces will close it. This is what I imagine the (reversible) swastika originally symbolized.

Name:  faucet2.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  16.1 KB

Somehow these two forces became separated. This is equivalent to trying to generate a flow with a single force, e.g. by taking a hammer to your faucet. It may work for a time to some degree, but at some stage, you will need to replace the hardware. When ‘man’ decided there was going to be no ‘woman’ in him, he had to make up somehow for his miscalculation in thinking that will without ability was in any way more powerful than ability without will. In other words, instead of loving acts and the act of love, you get misogynistic violence and rape: the hammer action. And on another level, you get people seemingly going in exactly the opposite direction to yourself. Discernment is required to distinguish between the normal process, where balance is achieved, and the misguided process, where balance is unwanted.

Coming back to ‘Act like a woman, think like a man’, we see how these two notions ‘man, ‘woman’ are metaphysical, i.e. in a state of being/not being. If we care to look, what we see (potential being becoming actual being) is various mixtures of the two. No dumb blonde is entirely brainless, no man completely macho. In other words, the formula can be expanded to ‘Act like a woman who thinks like a man, think like a man who acts like a woman’. And of course it can be expanded indefinitely, simply because the ‘twin process’ is an ongoing process that cannot be stopped, even by regressing to some putative initial Adam-and-Eve stage. Mark Twain gives a humorous account of how Adam and Eve very quickly got their act together:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve%27s_Diary
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extract...Adam%27s_Diary

The present position would seem to be that we have a faucet that is becoming totally seized up from eons of misuse. The only way forward is to apply proper force with unprecedented intensity, which means more of everything. The tendency is to feel that the feminine has been lagging behind, and so greater emphasis on that is needed in order to restore the balance. This is only half of the picture, and on its own is potentially dangerous inasmuch as it leads to a woman acting like a man. For it may equally be claimed that the masculine has also been under attack: the general dumbing-down of the entire population is an attack on the masculine principle of mind/intelligence, an ‘unsexing’ in the opposite sense to Lady Macbeth’s; in other words, they want men thinking like their wooly-headed idea of women. This is why we also need to smarten up.

Despite the fact that complete balance between masculine and feminine is the driving force in the cosmos, the fiendish ‘intelligence’ at the top is actually only maintained through backhand recognition of that fact. The biggest secret is the disingenuousness of claiming to be offering a viable alternative while actually doing the exact opposite: neither alternative nor viable. The key to understanding energy vampirism through pedophilia, pedophagy and all the rest lies in realizing that this is not just any energy, it is the female energy still helping to drive the process. Hence buying into this clever male-only trick is a totally dumb thing to do, because the alpha male can only pretend to operate in isolation. We can burst his ego by stating that he is at best a beta male if not a total fraud. Trying to separate male from female is like cutting a magnet in half: you only end up with two complete magnets, and a new north pole that was actually ‘south’ of the new south pole. If you don’t ‘believe’ in magnets, it is really not very smart at all to carry on making more and more of them.

Since observation is the key, will is the readiness to observe, i.e. the spirit/mind component, namely the project or planning stage of observation. Hence we say to ‘contemplate’, meaning both the viewing and the planned viewing, or to envisage/envision, meaning both to visualize and to consider as a future possibility. In other words, will is to potential being as observation is to actual being. Separation is a pretty dumb thing to attempt because it being a twin process, it is going to backfire. In other words, draining female energy is inevitably going to have a backlash, naming the draining of male energy by that energy source. Male energy means consciousness, physical materialization. Hence, if UFO contact/abduction is the Eros ego outcome of the use of force (will), then this unconscious observation is bound to rise into the experiencer’s consciousness and into our 3D reality. The whistleblower is one who regains control of his/her will or masculine energy. That can only be stopped (up to a point) by mind control, debunking/injecting disinfo, and murder – this would be the rationale for such responses, the secrecy behind the secrecy, and for the effectiveness of disclosure as a remedy. While it is difficult to tell exactly when the dam will burst, it is clear that it had a built-in leak that would only grow worse.

Another feature of the process is ‘multiplicatio’: ‘seen as subtle mater radiating out of the intermediate world (…) and penetrating and transmutating the whole surroundings and even the whole universe’ (I:146). Applied to ideas, Pauli interprets it as ‘the synchronistic spreading of similar ideas at the same time in human history’ (I:158). This reminds me of two notions: the ‘meme’ meme, and Rupert Sheldrake’s morphic resonance. The sacred wedding or hieros gamos would therefore appear to be the process that drives morphic resonance into producing memes.

We see this happening negatively on a large scale and in a flagrant manner with Hitler, who drew this female energy through mesmerizing huge crowds of swooning German women, and channeling that energy to his victorious armies. There came a point however when he stopped making speeches and his armies started losing battles. No coincidence there, not even a meaningful one: simple cause and effect – I guess the women had stopped listening or at least were no longer hysterical enough. The turning point was the Wannsee conference of 20 January 1942, when the ‘Final solution’ kicked in and Hitler switched to a backup supply of female energy in the shape of the meekest of the meek, Jewish women and children – no doubt the wearing of the Seal of Solomon was intended to further this process. What went so wrong for him, I suggest, was that some (enough) German women were made of sterner stuff and stood up to the dictator, i.e. exhibited manly virtues. Take for example Marie ‘Missie’ Vassiltchikov, whose Berlin Diaries describe her long-term involvement in the plot to kill Hitler, much longer in fact (over a year) than Stauffenberg, who was a late recruit. Incidentally, she gives an interesting account of what probably happened. On the day of the assassination attempt on 20 July 1944, Gottfried von Bismarck-Schönhausen told her repeatedly, ‘”It’s just not possible! It’s a trick! Stauffenberg saw him dead.” “They” were staging a comedy and getting Hitler’s double to go on with it.’ That would certainly explain how Hitler’s ‘suicide’ is disinfo and his alleged postwar survival just takes us further from the truth. The man was already dead. (Alternatively, all these stories are true, and we are dealing with a case of ‘multiplicatio’ as a multi-headed monster). Meanwhile, or maybe consequently is a better word, the manly vice of obedient aggression was sufficiently blunted in enough of the fighting men. Why did the Normandy landings go so horribly wrong for Hitler? Because on D-Day (6 June 44) Rommel (who was also plotting against his life) was back home celebrating his wife’s 50th birthday bringing her a pair of shoes – the right place to be (self-demobilization) and a fitting gift: after all the jackboots, it was time for woman to walk tall.

The big thing here is that nobody actually did anything much. While many of the plotters paid the ultimate price for achieving very little – they may have killed Hitler, or maybe just a lookalike, or maybe just injured one or the other – lot of little things happened

Jung’s typology
    Finally, the twin process involved in bipolar consciousness may be seen in terms of Jung’s feeling/thinking/sensation/intuition typology. These four are presented in a cross diagram, with the main function at the top, two auxiliary functions to left and right, and the inferior function at the bottom. In other words, whatever your strength you have a corresponding weakness. This reminds me of the quaternity, with a trinity and an ill-defined fourth term, which here would be the inferior function. (It also reminds me of Ulli’s recommendation to study and imitate your opposite astrological sign.)

Quote In science as well as in psychology the most common type is the extraverted thinking type. By definition this type’s inferior function is feeling. According to Jung the inferior function is very dangerous, as long as it is unconscious. One of the main tasks in life would be to cope with this. If one does not try to integrate the inferior feeling, it begins to poison the thinking function and the person concerned becomes completely power- and will-possessed. Further the negative feeling and the emotions attached to it begin to heavily disturb thinking. According to my experience this results in the typical sarcasm or even cynicism so widespread among scientists.
    Based on these observations I define the Logos ego or Logos consciousness as the following typology: extraverted thinking as the main function, extraverted sensation as the first, intuition as the second auxiliary function, and repressed feeling as the fourth. (…)
    All mainstream scientific research is based on Logos; one cannot do science with the help of the feeling function. Further, intuition is mostly like a mistress: one needs her, but does not show her in public. (…) scientific research is by definition one-sided. It does not include the feeling function, and intuition is devaluated. (Roth op.cit., II:19-20)
    The Eros consciousness is the exact opposite configuration – a second ego, something Jung only begins to envisage as ‘a second psychic system coexisting with consciousness’:

Quote as a psychotherapist and healer I realized that there are many people who are marked by exactly the opposite typology. I call this consciousness the Eros ego and for a long time defined it as follows: introverted feeling as the main function, introverted sensation as the first, intuition as the second auxiliary function, and thinking as the inferior function. (…) The difference between extraverted and introverted sensation consists in the fact that in the case of introversion perception is accumulated with the contents of the unconscious. The introverted sensation type has therefore to be careful about how many perceptions they can stand. (II:20)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jung typology.JPG
Views:	860
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	28082

I imagine from this that if you do the typology test, as many forum members have done, your result might be the net balance of these two, or it might be simply your dominant function silencing the other. But that is just speculation on my part. What is less speculative is the inference that, despite the need for greater assertiveness of the Eros consciousness, its inferior function is also very dangerous, as long as it is unconscious. Since the inferior function is thinking, the danger is heightened by the fact of thinking being the extraverted, perhaps most readily communicable, form of consciousness. Hence we can see the prevalent dumbing-down in two different ways. From the male conscious perspective, it is an integral part of the deliberate attempt to downplay the feminine aspect; from the female unconscious perspective, it is the inevitable consequence of being cut off from the male aspect.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

animovado (27th November 2014), Calz (24th November 2014), Curt (24th November 2014), dan33 (26th November 2014), eaglespirit (24th November 2014), Mark (24th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), PurpleLama (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (24th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (24th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014)

19. Link to Post #42730
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), araucaria (24th November 2014), Curt (24th November 2014), dan33 (24th November 2014), eaglespirit (24th November 2014), Iloveyou (24th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), PurpleLama (24th November 2014), RunningDeer (24th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), spiritwind (26th November 2014), ulli (24th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #42731
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

My last two lives.. second last was in Louisiana, so no winters. Last was on a planet with no real weather and.... no clothes.

This whole seasonal weather thing does not work out for me, it puts me out of equilibrium/balance, regarding flow. I've spent this life both bemused and irritated by clothing.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), animovado (27th November 2014), araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), Curt (24th November 2014), eaglespirit (24th November 2014), genevieve (25th November 2014), Mark (24th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (24th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

23. Link to Post #42732
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

My last two lives.. second last was in Louisiana, so no winters. Last was on a planet with no real weather and.... no clothes.

This whole seasonal weather thing does not work out for me, it puts me out of equilibrium/balance, regarding flow. I've spent this life both bemused and irritated by clothing.
    So much snow on this page...how can you stand it? I'd take you on an island tour in Barbados but some clothes would be required. The shops all have signs there which say: "No scantily clad persons allowed" So, bring a shirt.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), Carmody (25th November 2014), eaglespirit (25th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

25. Link to Post #42733
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

M has been pushing me pretty hard to get into a holiday spirit that she recognizes. Not feeling it. At all. She wants me to think of some things I enjoy. Cook something. Be crafty. Sing some songs. Start new traditions.

Really, I am not a good Cancerian any more. I don't like to cook, my house is not homey, my children are just about grown and do their own things, not really needing much nurture. Which is handy, because I'm out of nurture right now. And we all know how I feel about marriage at this point.

So, Christmas decorations? How about....no. I know I will begrudgingly get the boxes out. Eventually. I can't convince a 15 year old that Christmas is a pain in the ass. I know, I've tried.

Mike has moved on, it would appear. Tried to sneak his gf into Thanksgiving and the girls threw a fit. Oops. Sucks for him, I reckon. Still won't let go of me though, so he messes with my head and twists the danged dagger in my heart once in a while. I tell myself that shows me where I need to work. Not really in the mood to do that any more, either.

I'm pulled along, kicking and screaming, into the Higher occurrences. Experiences while sleeping, experiences while awake. If I hadn't just taken a vacation, I might say I need one. But since I did, who knows what I need. I don't.

Thinking about y'all. But my Here and Now doesn't really do much for anyone else, so I've kept it to myself.

Much Love,
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), Carmody (25th November 2014), eaglespirit (25th November 2014), Ernie Nemeth (25th November 2014), genevieve (25th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (25th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (25th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

27. Link to Post #42734
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by 1inMany (here)
    M has been pushing me pretty hard to get into a holiday spirit that she recognizes. Not feeling it. At all. She wants me to think of some things I enjoy. Cook something. Be crafty. Sing some songs. Start new traditions.

Really, I am not a good Cancerian any more. I don't like to cook, my house is not homey, my children are just about grown and do their own things, not really needing much nurture. Which is handy, because I'm out of nurture right now. And we all know how I feel about marriage at this point.

So, Christmas decorations? How about....no. I know I will begrudgingly get the boxes out. Eventually. I can't convince a 15 year old that Christmas is a pain in the ass. I know, I've tried.

Mike has moved on, it would appear. Tried to sneak his gf into Thanksgiving and the girls threw a fit. Oops. Sucks for him, I reckon. Still won't let go of me though, so he messes with my head and twists the danged dagger in my heart once in a while. I tell myself that shows me where I need to work. Not really in the mood to do that any more, either.

I'm pulled along, kicking and screaming, into the Higher occurrences. Experiences while sleeping, experiences while awake. If I hadn't just taken a vacation, I might say I need one. But since I did, who knows what I need. I don't.

Thinking about y'all. But my Here and Now doesn't really do much for anyone else, so I've kept it to myself.

Much Love,
    Get into the spirit with Wondermark!

Last edited by Playdo of Ataraxas; 25th November 2014 at 02:27.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), Carmody (25th November 2014), eaglespirit (25th November 2014), Flash (25th November 2014), genevieve (25th November 2014), JRS (26th November 2014), Karezza (25th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (25th November 2014)

29. Link to Post #42735
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

On another more serious note, anyone who has benefited from the Byte Show with George Ann Hughes, or even if you haven't, please keep her in your prayers. George Ann has been diagnosed with plasmacytoma and plasma myeloma of the bone marrow. JP Farrell has issued a short statement:

http://gizadeathstar.com/2014/11/terribly-sad-news/

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), Carmody (25th November 2014), eaglespirit (25th November 2014), Flash (25th November 2014), genevieve (25th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ThePythonicCow (25th November 2014), ulli (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

31. Link to Post #42736
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by 1inMany (here)

Much Love,
    Sounds like the physical body is catching up with your inner knowing that some soul contracts are illuminated and released. Example, The-Mike-Man.

Feather hug for One…

For myself, it's one holiday at a time.

Recently, I’ve uncovered and released scripts/filters/contract of the ‘responsibility meme’ that was designed to keep me on the family karmic wheel. It’ll be interesting at the family gathering this Thursday, the Thanksgiving holiday.

Families, particularly dysfunctional ones (like mine) don’t like it when someone refines health choices, decisions and beliefs. It messes with the dynamics. It nags them at an unconscious level of how they don’t enrich their lives. I'd even wager the idea that with time speeding up, they loose more and more ground.

This season, I’ll bring no fuel when narcissist sister asks, “So, what’ve you been up to?”

“Not much. How about you?” I'll reply as I uncork a bottle of Beringer White Zin.

<3

32. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), Carmody (25th November 2014), Curt (25th November 2014), eaglespirit (25th November 2014), Flash (25th November 2014), genevieve (25th November 2014), Karezza (25th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), Spiral of Light (25th November 2014), ulli (25th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

33. Link to Post #42737
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

Responsibility meme with the karmic family wheel. Eureka!

Thank you Paula.

1inMany: i have no christmas tree nor decorations nor rhe dinner preparations because it sucks. I stopped it two years ago.
    And any invitees plan has to be last minute if and only if i enjoy it. Otherwise i am a passive onlooker.
    Give yourself some time.. But it will never be as you were and M has to accept it, period. I promise love is there but carried in a very different way and it is fine. I feel like ending with: and old woman/mom experiences

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), Curt (25th November 2014), eaglespirit (25th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

35. Link to Post #42738
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

Once a year mass controlled dumbed down conformity to all the crap criteria...

Spend any holiday in and with Mother Nature meditating on Eternal Endless Love Intelligence and feel and watch the whole experience change before our very eyes and hearts and minds and..and...and... : ) : ) : )

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), Curt (25th November 2014), Flash (25th November 2014), meeradas (25th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

37. Link to Post #42739
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Total vacation. Attendance = Zero.
    That's what i need, ev'ry now and then.

PS:
    Say hi! to my new shirt [backside detail]

and PPS:
    Tonight's lullaby

Last edited by meeradas; 25th November 2014 at 08:55.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), araucaria (25th November 2014), Calz (25th November 2014), eaglespirit (25th November 2014), Flash (25th November 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (26th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (25th November 2014), Violet (25th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

39. Link to Post #42740
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Yep, it's satire, alright.

From their 'About Us' page:

The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.

Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.

Sarah Palin said today that illegal immigrants from Mexico should be put on boats and sent back across the ocean to their home country.

Surely, this has to be satire!! But maybe not...if she can see Russia from her window, Mexico must be across the ocean.
    http://dailycurrant.com/2014/11/20/s...ean-to-mexico/

Here is another cool headline from this site:
    Obama Attends Gwyneth Paltrow’s Halloween Party As Ronald Reagan

Oh, and what about the landfill which was named after Obama?

Anyway, I think it is timely to share some satire around here, so that Jim Carrey doesn't look so lonely...
    Thanks for this, Ulli. I'll add this to my Pinocchio's Parade thread.
    Last edited by Curt; 25th November 2014 at 12:18.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2014), Calz (26th November 2014), eaglespirit (25th November 2014), Flash (25th November 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Sierra (26th November 2014), ulli (26th November 2014), Wind (25th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2137 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1137 1637 2037 2087 2127 2137 2147 2187 2237 2637 2703 LastLast