+ Reply to Thread
Page 2356 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1356 1856 2256 2306 2346 2356 2366 2406 2456 2703 LastLast
Results 47,101 to 47,120 of 54046

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #47101
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by 1inMany (here)
    I asked questions today, and found that the owner invests. That is what he does. He has 7 pharmacies and 3 restaurants. I asked why he would be interested in a school, of all things. But he has four children and doesn't like public education. I will find out why when I meet him.
    I have been following your story and it sounds very exciting. It makes perfect sense that an investor who is concerned for his children might start a school. All I can say is wow!!! about what you created with your vision and the way that circumstances fall together lined up in real time to make it real.

I see you took the position. Congrats!!!!

My cats say make sure there is a power nap room .....

Best ever and happy thanksgiving to all....Maggie
    Last edited by Delight; 24th November 2015 at 20:31.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

1inMany (24th November 2015), genevieve (25th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (24th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (24th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (24th November 2015), Violet (25th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #47102
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by Hey it's me (here)
    Dear Ulli and Running Deer,
    It looks like we have at least two well informed astrologers here. I wonder what you both see about the reality that the moon is a satellite that was brought here some while ago, primarily to manipulate the psyche of humans? How does this evidence fit the model of both western and eastern astrology? Have either of you grown into a deeper understanding of the validity or the inconsistencies of either 'science' knowing that there was a time in the span of humanity when there was no moon and/or there were two 'original' moons orbiting?
    Hi Hey it's me,

I’m a novice in astrology. I only understand things like cardinal, mutable, fixed, the angles, the elements, personality characteristics, strengthen and weakness of the signs, compatibility between and within one’s chart.

My sun sign is in Cancer which is connected with the moon. My focus is less on whether it was brought here or it’s natural part of how the planets evolved and more that it’s AI technology designed to control humanity.

I stepped away from tracking the moon many moon’s ago (hee-hee) because I realized that I programed myself into fear states. Rather, I use it more as a tool to understand behaviors like when people are quirky around a full moon. And like all of the planets, it helps me understand characteristics and temperaments in myself and others. Or when there's mercury retro-grades which brings on miscommunications and technology blips.

That being said, I still put a lot of weight on compatibility charts. I’ll botch this a bit… there’s a square/opposition (?) between two planets that I can't recall at the moment where there’s a strong inclination towards emotional and physical abuse and stalking. I’ve experienced this in past relationship(s). I understand we can grow from differences. But when there’s too much of a spread, I catch myself holding my breath a lot.

I’m a work in progress. [insert construction smilie ]

You're no novice if you can already see from the angles whether there is compatibility between people or not.

I found that most of my clients used to be mums who got insights from my readings on why some of their children were more difficult than others.
    Of course it depends a bit on which planets are involved.

If your Saturn is on a child's Jupiter they will perceive you as too strict a parent.

But a overly timid child might benefit if a parent has a planet in Gemini at an angle to their moon as that often brings a healthy enthusiasm and helps to encourage them. If too much, however, it can cause them to curl up and withdraw deeper into themselves.
    So with this type of analysis astrology can be immensely helpful.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (24th November 2015), genevieve (25th November 2015), hohoemi (28th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (24th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (24th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #47103
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    You're no novice if you can already see from the angles whether there is compatibility between people or not.

I found that most of my clients used to be mums who got insights from my readings on why some of their children were more difficult than others.

If your Saturn is on a child's Jupiter they will perceive you as too strict a parent.

But a overly timid child might benefit if a parent has a planet in Gemini at an angle to their moon as that often brings a healthy enthusiasm and helps to encourage them. If too much, however, it can cause them to curl up and withdraw deeper into themselves.
    Thank you, Ulli.

I checked the Jupiter and Saturn. It's a sextile. On the topic of strict…

Michael and his cousin, Christine who's three months older than him, spent time together. They had similar history with fathers not in their lives. After his passing, she shared that Michael said even though I was strict, I was always there for him. That was a priceless gift to hear because my interpretation of strict was consistency and follow through when he tested the boundaries. Which meant tough love at times.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (24th November 2015), Caren (25th November 2015), genevieve (25th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (24th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), Mike (25th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (25th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #47104
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

This was originally going to be a response in the "banning a thread"thread but I didn't want to go off topic, and thought it fit well right about here.

We have plenty of community here at Avalon..

Ulli, runningdear and Transient...you have all inspired me to start reading and learning about astrology, thank you so much, ladies.
    <3 all you guys, <3 this thread!
    Last edited by Shannon; 25th November 2015 at 02:38.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (25th November 2015)

9. Link to Post #47105
    Thanks

Thank you, Ulli.

I checked the Jupiter and Saturn. It's a sextile. On the topic of strict…

Michael and his cousin, Christine who's three months older than him, spent time together. They had similar history with fathers not in their lives. After his passing, she shared that Michael said even though I was strict, I was always there for him. That was a priceless gift to hear because my interpretation of strict was consistency and follow through when he tested the boundaries. Which meant tough love at times.
    A sextile (60' angle, which is the basis of a hexagon) between Jupiter and Saturn is very positive.
    Perfect balance, no clashes.
    Knowing when to expand and when to contract.
    Knowing someone is there, but also able to give space, and operate alone.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015)

11. Link to Post #47106
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Saint Theresa (here)
    This was originally going to be a response in the "banning a thread"thread but I didn't want to go off topic, and thought it fit well right about here.

We have plenty of community here at Avalon..

Uli, runningdear and Transient...you have all inspired me to start reading and learning about astrology, thank you so much, ladies.
    <3 all you guys, <3 this thread!
    Start doing the charts of people you know best, like close family members. Always remember that each sign has positive as well as negative keywords. There are no "bad" signs, although this is one of the most common misconceptions.
    All twelve signs form a harmonious whole.
    Opposite signs complement one another.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Mike (25th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), seah (25th November 2015), Shannon (25th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015)

13. Link to Post #47107
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Oh Ulli I need to get you to do a reading on my girl! She is wicked smart, but all we do now a days is butt heads. She basically told me that I was an irresponsible disappointment as a parent, to which I responded with more strict boundaries,
    discipline and anti aggression rhetoric. It is such a mess!

EDIT TO ADD:
    I love her so much!!!!!
    Last edited by heretogrow; 25th November 2015 at 03:22. Reason: edit tO ADD:

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), araucaria (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Mike (25th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (25th November 2015), Violet (25th November 2015)

15. Link to Post #47108
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 times in 321 posts

tomorrow's moon is the last full moon before the winter solstice. It's known as the "Mourning moon" because it is a time to let go of the old to make space for the new. It signifies what is going on in my life.
    I decided this summer that I simply had too much stuff and was going to pare down, but the process doesn't happen overnight. It took so many years to accumulate.

I've given some things away to friends and donated other things, but the pile of stuff that needs to leave my life continues to grow because there isn't much that I need anymore. There is some freedom in that for this caged bird.

happy mourning moon, everyone.
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), heretogrow (25th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), Mike (25th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (25th November 2015), Wind (27th November 2015)

17. Link to Post #47109
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A sextile (60' angle, which is the basis of a hexagon) between Jupiter and Saturn is very positive.
    Thank you again, Ulli. Your assessment is spot on. It’s easy to get to questioning if I could’ve done things differently. The answer is ‘no’, I’d do it the same. There was a balance of love, support, structure, intellectual stimulation and reasonable expectations.

I'd add like everyone, we were human with imperfections.

This is some of how our planets lined-up. Lots of compatibility. We both grew in our relationship. (Still growing.) It’s easy to see why he was a quick, bright intuitive thinker, and always on the go, go, go. There’s one other Gemini in his chart, too.

The order is Michael and then me:

Sun - Gemini:Cancer
    Moon- Taurus:Virgo
    Rising - Cancer:Scorpio
    Mercury Gemini:Leo
    Venus - Gemini:Gemini
    Mars - Aquarius:Libra
    Jupiter - Scorpio: Pisces

Last edited by RunningDeer; 25th November 2015 at 04:09.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Hym (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (25th November 2015)

19. Link to Post #47110
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Mourning moon...Interesting.

I let go of my own moon this week, it feels like mourning in a way but it's necessary.

Good luck, heretogrow. If you can, take a pause, don't try too hard and be yourself, always. Kids need clarity, they need to know that you are you, today as well as tomorrow and they can depend on that. It brings calm. And in puberty they may say mean things in the morning and come hugging you in the evening, so to speak (sometimes lit. too). It's hard, but don't take everything personal.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (25th November 2015)

21. Link to Post #47111
    Thanks

Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)
    Oh Ulli I need to get you to do a reading on my girl! She is wicked smart, but all we do now a days is butt heads. She basically told me that I was an irresponsible disappointment as a parent, to which I responded with more strict boundaries,

EDIT TO ADD:
    I love her so much!!!!!
    You and I, we'll end up crying together. I've been waiting for something to shift for over twenty years. He is 36 now, and has become my chief troll. Sigh, weep weep.
    P.S.I love him too much to let go. The curse of mothers is that emotional tie. And they carry this implant, this fixed idea, of what a "good" mother should be like.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), araucaria (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), heretogrow (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Lost N Found (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), Wind (27th November 2015)

23. Link to Post #47112
    Thanks

Thank you again, Ulli. Your assessment is spot on. It’s easy to get to questioning if I could’ve done things differently. The answer is ‘no’, I’d do it the same. There was a balance of love, support, structure, intellectual stimulation and reasonable expectations.
    I'd add like everyone, we were human with imperfections.

This is some of how our planets lined-up. Lots of compatibility. We both grew in our relationship. (Still growing.) It’s easy to see why he was a quick, bright intuitive thinker, and always on the go, go, go. There’s one other Gemini in his chart, too.

The order is Michael and then me:

Sun - Gemini:Cancer
    Moon- Taurus:Virgo
    Rising - Cancer:Scorpio
    Mercury Gemini:Leo
    Venus - Gemini:Gemini
    Mars - Aquarius:Libra
    Jupiter - Scorpio: Pisces

One question, Pauler.
    His moon in Taurus... What was the exact angle to his Scorpio Jupiter? How close was it to 180'?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015)

25. Link to Post #47113
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

We have a family member who is a good guy with lots of qualities, but he has always been a bit of a Mr Knowall, even before he became a scientist. He talks authoritatively, way beyond his own specialist field, on every aspect of science of course, and on every other subject as well. When he strays into areas you are actually more familiar with than he is, you see how he can spout authoritative nonsense, and you wonder just how small the specialist field that he really masters actually is. The outcome is that conversations invariably turn into arguments; over time, one learns to avoid the more obvious landmine issues, and over even more time, the conversation dries up altogether as there is nothing left safe enough for peaceful discussion.

For example, a couple of years back he was approached by someone (probably a Mormon) doing a survey on beliefs in human Darwinian evolution. He said he didn’t believe in it, it was established fact: not a very scientific remark to make in my humble opinion. Not to mention that while what little we know about evolution is based on inference, we are beginning to see from experience what can be achieved through genetic engineering, which therefore becomes a serious contender for human evolution: a known as opposed to a theoretical mechanism. But no, Darwinism is an established, albeit compartmentalized, fact.

I guess the conversation also dried up with his wife of thirty years, who ran off with another guy. What took her so long, you may ask? Maybe the chance to catch up with old friends through FB? Mr Knowall, who admits that he never understood what goes on in her mind, just walked away from this huge gap in his knowledge. We each have our own priorities, and for me personally, understanding my wife, and women generally, was top priority need-to-know info that had to be discovered and dealt with before going anywhere. What I found was someone intensely interested in people and their lives, all the way down to the tiniest titbit often called gossip, and all the way up to major tasks of supporting, counselling and even healing sometimes called unconditional love. It is a different kind of full-spectrum thing because to be a good gossip you have to be a damn good listener as well, which means taking on board a load of stuff, often nonsense, and holding it there non-dismissively. This is something we men are not very good at: we have women to help us learn these things. We are typically more concerned with things rather than people, especially important things (rarely as important as we think), and tend to forget that people are the most important thing. Getting to the “important things” involves not listening to and rejecting a huge amount of the gossipy stuff that women in particular enjoy. I’m not terribly into that sort of stuff myself, but I learned fairly early on not to throw that baby out with the bathwater. Ultimately, the effective tool is tolerance, which draws people together; it means accepting that one’s own efforts are less crucial than one likes to think and the other’s are more important than they seemed; and this leads to positive feelings of admiration and love and complementarity. The trap is intolerance, which drives people apart; not by chance, intolerance is also a digestive disorder, referring to certain foodstuffs that you cannot “stomach”. And not by chance we talk of irritability as “bile” or “biliousness”, because intolerance makes you angry.

However, the predominantly feminine virtue of tolerance and avoidance of conflict only works up to a point; it does not work when it leads to blindness, and in the family situation I am describing, one way or the other something is going to have to give soon. The other guy in this story presents another, worse kind of intolerance: the racist variety, which is especially unfortunate as her son’s partner is of North African descent, and her son himself is liable to respond to this kind of talk with a punch or three in the face. Someone (everyone) is going to have to find the words to expose this impossible relationship between tolerance and intolerance before the situation gets out of hand. This will probably turn a so far peaceful separation into a full-blown divorce – not necessarily an acrimonious one, but the conflict will not go away until it is somehow resolved and some lessons are learnt by all concerned. There is still the potential for reconciliation, but that is a huge ask in my view.

One of the much broader lessons here is that you don’t need a bunch of ufologists to tell you that you are dealing – or rather, not dealing – with an alien presence in the living-room, and even the bedroom, one that will appear hostile without the necessary understanding. I think much of the benevolent/malevolent alien scenarios we are facing are an extreme presentation of this basic interhuman issue of otherness. The weirdness is proportional to the persisting unknown aspect of the supposedly familiar; things don’t get any easier, they just get bigger and more urgent. There is an extreme point to where this can go. Sometimes a problem (one’s own or someone else’s) gets as huge as one’s personal universe, and as urgent as imminent apocalypse. The only way to deal with this situation is to try and hold it within an even bigger universe, buying us all a little more time. If a solution cannot be found at the nth attempt, then the whole experiment may well be called off. It may be a make-or-break crisis on one level, but on another, it is all just a steep learning curve; you grow as much as you can and wish, or you slide back, no big deal either way. Seen from this higher perspective, our ultimate all-important issue of saving ourselves, the planet, the universe and everything may be seen as a titbit for gossips. You’ve got to laugh.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Carmody (26th November 2015), Curt (25th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Limor Wolf (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (25th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (26th November 2015), Violet (25th November 2015)

27. Link to Post #47114
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)

I love her so much!!!!!
    Quote I love her so much!!!!!
    Betcha twenty bucks she knows it, heretogrow.

Pre-teen and teenage testy behavior with parents is a sign of a supportive and healthy up bringing. The saying street angel/house devil means your daughter trusts you. It’s the time in her life when she’s forming important, critical boundaries. You’re providing a safe place to strengthen her individuality and uniqueness.

Translation for pissy-pants: “I love you, Mom. Please remember that for us. Cuz right now...I'm having a hard time keeping up with me.”

Last edited by RunningDeer; 25th November 2015 at 14:04.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), Curt (26th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), heretogrow (27th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (26th November 2015)

29. Link to Post #47115
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote One question, Pauler.
    His moon in Taurus... What was the exact angle to his Scorpio Jupiter? How close was it to 180'?
    12 degrees in Taurus
    28 degrees in Scorpio

You and I, we'll end up crying together. I've been waiting for something to shift for over twenty years. He is 36 now, and has become my chief troll. Sigh, weep weep.
    P.S.I love him too much to let go. The curse of mothers is that emotional tie. And they carry this implant, this fixed idea, of what a "good" mother should be like.
    FFT: In the case of your son, I wouldn’t be surprised that he’s under a lot of stress with his new restaurant. Often men’s identity is wrapped up with how successful they are and that means the bottom line. Add to that, having his dad’s business a stones throw away may feed into that daily reminder. Especially if he and his dad have competitive type personalities. Unfortunately, you’re the fall guy. The person to project upon. The person BW may feel is the safest person to vent upon.

All of this is unconscious if he’s locked-up in the world of unhealthy food and drink, material goods and the status mentality. Removing implants wouldn’t help because they’d only come back without real change in lifestyle, thought patterns and behaviors.

For now, your high frequency helps to awaken him bit by bit. But it may also repel him on another level because it's a reminder that his higher self is on the back burner. Which is also going poke-poke. Wakey-wakey.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), araucaria (25th November 2015), Curt (26th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Jean-Marie (25th November 2015), Krist (25th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (25th November 2015), Violet (25th November 2015)

31. Link to Post #47116
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    We each have our own priorities, and for me personally, understanding my wife, and women generally, was top priority need-to-know info that had to be discovered and dealt with before going anywhere.
    The whole post is a keeper, araucaria. But this one line? It helps to know there are more like you out there.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (25th November 2015), araucaria (25th November 2015), Curt (26th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (25th November 2015), Flash (26th November 2015), Jean-Marie (26th November 2015), Limor Wolf (26th November 2015), Sierra (25th November 2015), ulli (26th November 2015), Violet (26th November 2015)

33. Link to Post #47117
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

When Vincent wrote to his brother Theo, he would sometimes include little sketches to illustrate plans for future works. I find the enthusiasm in his words very energetic and inspiring, especially when he starts speaking about his artistic ideals.

I've included a few samples below. The full list is in the link:

(List of all letters to his brother)

This one was to Gauguin (it's in French):

Last edited by Violet; 26th November 2015 at 11:09. Reason: addressee

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

1inMany (26th November 2015), Flash (26th November 2015), hohoemi (28th November 2015), Jean-Marie (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (27th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (26th November 2015), ulli (26th November 2015)

35. Link to Post #47118
    Thanks

Quote One question, Pauler.
    12 degrees in Taurus
    28 degrees in Scorpio

FFT: In the case of your son, I wouldn’t be surprised that he’s under a lot of stress with his new restaurant. Often men’s identity is wrapped up with how successful they are and that means the bottom line. Add to that, having his dad’s business a stones throw away may feed into that daily reminder. Especially if he and his dad have competitive type personalities. Unfortunately, you’re the fall guy. The person to project upon. The person BW may feel is the safest person to vent upon.

All of this is unconscious if he’s locked-up in the world of unhealthy food and drink, material goods and the status mentality. Removing implants wouldn’t help because they’d only come back without real change in lifestyle, thought patterns and behaviors.

For now, your high frequency helps to awaken him bit by bit. But it may also repel him on another level because it's a reminder that his higher self is on the back burner. Which is also going poke-poke. Wakey-wakey.

You are amazing, Pauler. Thanks so much.
    The 164' angle between the moon and Jupter in Michael's chart does not reveal significant energy flow which would have destabilized his emotions, which was what I was looking for. (In light of what happened)
    Taurus moon people are pretty calm and collected normally.

By the way, over the thirty years of doing charts I learnt that the number of kids who have the same sign on the Ascendant as their mother's sun sign is way above chance probabilities.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (26th November 2015), Curt (26th November 2015), Flash (26th November 2015), Jean-Marie (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (27th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (26th November 2015)

37. Link to Post #47119
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Delight, I just got a moment to myself and wanted to say thank you

Saint Theresa, I love that song and the feelings that come pouring back when I hear it. I never missed that show back in the day (haha). I know why you would have wanted to post it in the other thread. Thanks for posting it here...and now

Speaking of here and now, I am enjoying a moment of absolute solitude. Loving it! I've been entertaining Little One for a couple of days, my favorite gentleman of course. He has lost both front teeth, and I got him to sing me the appropriate song Just the cutest thing ever!

The girls went to their Dad's, and I can't tell you how much I enjoy this quiet! There are lots of things I could be doing. They talked me into baking, so there's that. But I also have mundane chores to do. Or, I could read or crochet...I usually do juju on my quiet holiday breaks. So far, I renewed my teaching license and enrolled in some continuing education hours. (Those make me laugh, because I have to learn how to take care of young children. If y'all knew me, you'd laugh right along with me.) I can say it has been a productive day, whether I decide to do any one of those things or nothing at all.

I am thankful things are working out as they are. Hoping everyone has a day filled with joy.

Much Love,

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

Flash (26th November 2015), Jean-Marie (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (27th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (26th November 2015), ulli (26th November 2015), Violet (26th November 2015)

39. Link to Post #47120
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

I think the greatest thing I am thankful for is my awareness, my ability to see the larger picture, to dig until I find a truthful recourse and kindred souls be it forum or fleeting souls. Without that knowledge and awareness there would be certainly a feeling of being lost, confused, swallowed up by the fears. So I give thanks today, this Thanksgiving especially, for that comradery and peace.

But no matter how seasoned and knowledgeable one is, if you are a parent of a growing child or an adult child, there are still those nagging feelings surfacing, eh? We have a beautiful son, a prince among men, an extraordinary soul with so many walking in gifts: art, design, humor, unconditional love and patience, an ability to act, direct, build, research, write. He just turned the big 40 and astrologically and numerically he is ready to launch his screenplay, to direct a feature but he is paralyzed with fear. ( This is what we see) He would never leave his female partner, so after numerous live in girlfriends, they left him for all kinds of reasons. Now this one, has latched on, over a year and a large piece of her has made him a cripple. Women, strong females with enough arrogance and take over can do that to a man who is so loving and appreciative and submitting. The live in situation is disabling and when she has her anxiety and the viper comes out, he is lost. I need a Dr. Phil! But parental advice is not enough. The person has to wake up. She has drawn a business partner into his life that has abandoned him. It is especially difficult for a parent of an adult child to stay neutral. Anyone with similar circumstances?
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

1inMany (27th November 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (3rd December 2015), Flash (26th November 2015), Jean-Marie (26th November 2015), RunningDeer (27th November 2015), Shannon (27th November 2015), Sierra (26th November 2015), ulli (26th November 2015), Violet (26th November 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2356 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1356 1856 2256 2306 2346 2356 2366 2406 2456 2703 LastLast