+ Reply to Thread
Page 1720 of 2610 FirstFirst 1 720 1220 1620 1670 1710 1720 1730 1770 1820 2220 2610 LastLast
Results 34,381 to 34,400 of 52191

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #34381
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,052 times in 1,634 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Just woke up too early and found this....Peace and Love

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

astrid (26th September 2013), Billy (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), RunningDeer (26th September 2013), thunder24 (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #34382
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,406 times in 3,394 posts

Last edited by astrid; 26th September 2013 at 06:52.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

CD7 (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Nat_Lee (26th September 2013), RunningDeer (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #34383
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,011 times in 106 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Mikelodium (here)
    Good morning Villagers,

Most teachers are on strike here in our island. Our "democratic" government is trying to attack our beloved language (here in Majorca we speak a spanish dialect called mallorquí or català) They are ashamed of their roots and try to put the same walls that were put 50 years ago by our last dictator, Franco.
    Under the guise of improving the english learning curve in school, they want to cut a lot of Català hours. Their secret purpose is to bury the language, because it is an anthem of freedom, and freedom scare them as hell.

Keep fighting! Our education is our future! Freedom won't be negotiated!!
    So you must understand French Canadians in an ocean of English (sometimes slowly becoming Spanish in the US, lol). That is why we made the very contested language law towards keeping French the official language. This is part of a 6 millions people group identity. (it is in fact as large as many small countries, such as Finland, larger than Norway, etc).

English speaking people think it is a political debate, French think it is an identity debate. So even there, it is misunderstanding from both sides.

Ernie: if you ever come to Montréal to repair my electricity (no need for the moment though), I promis you that you can bring your sweetheart. I found your post very funny. Many times women, up to their 35 (??), are pushed in situations similar where fringe benefit are asked, and we never think this happens to men too.

I remember, when I was in my late 20s, a female colleague telling me how happy she was to be in her forties, she did not have to take sex inuendos and invitation into consideration when deciding for a career of job change. It was quite true, it is a liberation when it stops.

All the musicians: I do think too that you should start direct communication and sharing of your art. Same for other artists. I would joyfully participate as an art consumer only, arts not being my stronghold.
    Yes, I can understand almost every language conflict out there!
    It make me sad though, because a lot of people lose a lot of energy fighting about political meaningless matters rather than enjoy the fact of being born in a place with two languages...

In our case, it is not just the language but all that it implies. Being freedom the most important thing.

Paix

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Good morning Villagers,

Most teachers are on strike here in our island. Our "democratic" government is trying to attack our beloved language (here in Majorca we speak a spanish dialect called mallorquí or català) They are ashamed of their roots and try to put the same walls that were put 50 years ago by our last dictator, Franco.
    Under the guise of improving the english learning curve in school, they want to cut a lot of Català hours. Their secret purpose is to bury the language, because it is an anthem of freedom, and freedom scare them as hell.

Keep fighting! Our education is our future! Freedom won't be negotiated!!
    Here is the approach first suggested by Bahaullah. People preserve their heritage by keeping their language, but all learn a second language which would most likely be English, so that wherever they travel on earth they can then communicate.

"In the coming ages, two languages will be taught in the schools, one the native tongue, the other an international auxiliary language. Consider today how difficult is human communication. One may study fifty languages and travel through a country and still be at a loss. I myself speak several Oriental languages, but know no western tongue. Had this universal language pervaded the globe, I should have studied it and you would have been directly informed of my thoughts and I of yours and a special friendship would have been established between us.
    (‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Divine Philosophy, p. 145-146)
    And not just communication advantages, but intellectual advantages too! I've read many times that those born bilingual grow with some mental improvements.
    Here in Majorca, a lot of people are bilingual and some even trilingual if they work hard with foreign language in school (mostly English)

Peace!
    Many years ago i was part of a group singing Spanish and Latinamerican freedomsongs in Swedish. One was L'Estaca (The Stake) from Cataluna (can't find the thing that should be on top of the "n")

Could Català have something to do with the language spoken there? There has always been a strong movement there for independency from Spain like Corsica from France (from where where my ancestors on my mothers side are coming.)

What!!! Now i realize it's that very song!!!!!!!! Didn't see the whole word on top of the video until it started!

By the way Mikelodium I've had tons of cat syncs lately and you just added one more No cat smiley, this one came closest....
    Meow!

Yes! Indeed, its the same song! Beautiful song full of meanings.
    Català and Mallorquí are almost the same language. Català language encompasses what we talk here in Balearic Islands, what they talk in Catalonia and what they talk in some regions of Valencia.

Independence movements are stronger in Catalonia, we have some people fighting for it here in Majorca, but most of us just fight to preserve the language and traditions. At least that is my vision, you know this kind of things can vary greatly depending on the lens which you look!

Peace! :D

P.S: We don't have the "ñ" In Català, when we need to do that sound we use "ny" instead. So it's "Catalunya" and not "Cataluña" (If you want to write it in Català)
    Son of Winter and Stars. [ツ]

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mikelodium For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), RunningDeer (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013)

7. Link to Post #34384
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 111,392 times in 12,887 posts

Quote Posted by Playdo of Ataraxas (here)
    I have a humble request for the Village. I have an interview this week for a new position. One that I have prayerfully requested as to be of further service to others. I humbly request your support for fulfillment of this intention, for the greater good of all involved. If it be, so may it be; if not, so may it be as well. Thank you in advance, sincerely...

Reilly, light a candle for me buddy.

Playdo

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Calz (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #34385
    United States Avalon Member Gekko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 275 posts

My father came to me in a dream.

I was sitting in my computer chair at home. He walked into the room and said we needed to talk. He was stern, a bit sardonic, a bit menacing.

Turning around to sit on my computer case, looking away and facing the wall, he told me I needed to get out of this place as soon as possible.

"This house is full of dying bodies", referring to himself and my mother. His voice was cold, frightening and lifeless, devoid of love except for a glimmer at the edge of his motives.

I told him that I had had an epiphany. He seemed unphased.

I woke up to the hooting of an owl in the distance.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gekko For This Post:

araucaria (26th September 2013), Calz (26th September 2013), CD7 (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), RunningDeer (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

11. Link to Post #34386
    Morocco Avalon Member PurpleLama's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,520 times in 3,936 posts

That is a powerful message for you, G.

My own dreams were intense, vivid, and elaborate to the extreme. I was in a coastal area in every one of them, every time I would wake, and go back to sleep, I would be back in the place, the city, as it were. Like being stuck in Florida, ha. One specific detail I will share here and now, the third or fourth dream ended with me sweeping up this beautiful but barely human young woman, and sort of waltzing around with her in my arms, and I kept squeezing her gently, and pressing my cheek to her shoulder, saying each time Oh, I shouldn't be doing this to this pretty girl I just met. The love I was feeling was astounding, a warm woosh every time, the affection I felt toward this being was almost indescribable....

Here and Now, I am recently awoken and working on that first cigarette and first cup of coffee, and my wife has been up befor me, getting ready for the day, and she is dressed exactly like this unearthly beauty in the dream. God, I love this woman.
    God bless the Fae
    God bless Me

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Post:

araucaria (26th September 2013), Calz (26th September 2013), donk (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gardener (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (26th September 2013), thunder24 (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

13. Link to Post #34387
    United States Avalon Member Gekko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 275 posts

I love you people. Am I allowed to say that without ever having met any of you?

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gekko For This Post:

Calz (26th September 2013), donk (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (26th September 2013), PurpleLama (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

15. Link to Post #34388
    Thanks

My three year old son woke up tell us about the hoo-hoo (owl) and the space ships. Then, a few minutes ago, he got excited saying there was a space ship, and ran out front, I followed him, and sure enough, there was a UFO.
    God bless the Fae
    God bless Me

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Post:

araucaria (26th September 2013), Calz (26th September 2013), Carmody (26th September 2013), donk (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gardener (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), Nat_Lee (26th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (26th September 2013), thunder24 (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

17. Link to Post #34389
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,863 times in 1,408 posts

Quote Posted by Gekko (here)
    I love you people. Am I allowed to say that without ever having met any of you?

Yes and I know wht you mean!! I just hope im not falling inlove with virtual nobodies! hehehe
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Calz (26th September 2013), donk (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

19. Link to Post #34390
    Thanks

Me too had a very intense dream before knowing about this new island being born out of the sea! I dreamt i gave childbirth (I don't have any children) but there was no child! Only a vast ocean that i dived into after looking at the towel which only had a small bleak rose spot???

Any dream interpretator here?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Calz (26th September 2013), donk (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013)

21. Link to Post #34391
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,171 times in 10,476 posts

Quote Posted by REILLY (here)
    My three year old son woke up tell us about the hoo-hoo (owl) and the space ships. Then, a few minutes ago, he got excited saying there was a space ship, and ran out front, I followed him, and sure enough, there was a UFO.
    How kewl is that???

[before or after coffee???]

Last edited by Calz; 26th September 2013 at 16:26.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Carmody (26th September 2013), donk (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), PurpleLama (26th September 2013), RunningDeer (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #34392
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,471 times in 13,274 posts

Morning all....and I love you all, too....

and I can't stand Justin Timberlake either.
    Nor do I understand the mentality of a person who becomes an actor.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

25. Link to Post #34393
    Thanks

REALLY REILLY?

Earlier this summer i was on the shore with my brothers grandchild a 5 year old sunny Leo girl. We were building castles in the sand...but under her supervision it was clear it was no castle...it was a !!! Some weeks before that i was lying on the shore looking up at the clouds and there was this very big cloud in the exact shape of a , and no clouds nearby...
    Last edited by transiten; 26th September 2013 at 11:53.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Calz (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), PurpleLama (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013)

27. Link to Post #34394
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,717 posts

What did he tell you about them? If you don't mind my asking...

28. Link to Post #34395
    Thanks

Gosh ulli..I've done some acting and stand-up mixed with my singing. Also interactive plays where pple were supposed to interact and change the outcome of a problem to be solved...but then again it's difficult to understand one's own mentality but astrology helps...as you would know

But i'm also a Voiceliberation coach and have been teaching Music and French, interested in astrology, UFO:logy, spirituality, synchronicity, torsion field energy, gardening...gosh i must be schizophrenic
    Last edited by transiten; 26th September 2013 at 11:54.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gardener (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013)

30. Link to Post #34396
    Thanks

Gosh ulli..I've done some acting and stand-up mixed with my singing. Also interactive plays where pple were supposed to interact and change the outcome of a problem to be solved...but then again it's difficult to understand one's own mentality but astrology helps...as you should knoweace:
    Exactly. Looking back at my life I can only understand my younger self in the context of a childhood in which I was severely and constantly criticized...the German Conformity Machine just doing its thing.
    But that same brutal element also helped me search for my real Self, to escape from those types of influences,
    go against traditions, question everything,...All of which in a way is the opposite path of that of an actor,
    who seeks to interpret the character of someone different from him/ herself.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (26th September 2013), PurpleLama (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

32. Link to Post #34397
    Thanks

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    What did he tell you about them? If you don't mind my asking...
    Sorry to disappoint, but nothing in particular, only that it was there....
    God bless the Fae
    God bless Me

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Post:

Calz (26th September 2013), Carmody (26th September 2013), donk (26th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (26th September 2013), thunder24 (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013)

34. Link to Post #34398
    Thanks

Gosh ulli..I've done some acting and stand-up mixed with my singing. Also interactive plays where pple were supposed to interact and change the outcome of a problem to be solved...but then again it's difficult to understand one's own mentality but astrology helps...as you should knoweace:
    Exactly. Looking back at my life I can only understand my younger self in the context of a childhood in which I was severely and constantly criticized...the German Conformity Machine just doing its thing.
    But that same brutal element also helped me search for my real Self, to escape from those types of influences,
    go against traditions, question everything,...All of which in a way is the opposite path of that of an actor,
    Yes, had a dysfunctional upbringing myself, emotionally abandoned and much criticizm by 2 mothers and a father too weak to "stand up" (pun not intended) for me but i always know he loved me and now he is making up for it the best he can.

Concerning acting...don't we all have the potential for all human behaviour? If not it would be imposible to "imitate" a character and make it credible. In Antique Greece the plays were meant lead to katharsis, reflecting issues among us all. I don't think one can compare all actors and all acting at the same page. Do you mean it's not useful? or is it just that you don't understand? Anyway a strong Neptune is always present in the chart of actors.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), ulli (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

36. Link to Post #34399
    Thanks

Gosh ulli..I've done some acting and stand-up mixed with my singing. Also interactive plays where pple were supposed to interact and change the outcome of a problem to be solved...but then again it's difficult to understand one's own mentality but astrology helps...as you would know

But i'm also a Voiceliberation coach and have been teaching Music and French, interested in astrology, UFO:logy, spirituality, synchronicity, torsion field energy, gardening...gosh i must be schizophrenic
    Schizophrenia as in fragmented? We all are, to varying degrees.
    Only when a desire exist to become wholeness personified is there are chance to escape fragmentation.

Gemini fragmentation is the most visible as their mood can shift so suddenly, just walking from a room with white walls into a room with pink walls, and bam! With Scorpio, due to the intensity of focus, the different personalities that come out may last for up to six months, just as Pluto's orbit (ruler of Scorpio) is so much slower than Mercury's (ruler of Gemini) orbit, which is the closest to the sun.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), thunder24 (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013)

38. Link to Post #34400
    Thanks

Yes, had a dysfunctional upbringing myself, emotionally abandoned and much criticizm by 2 mothers and a father too weak to "stand up" (pun not intended) for me but i always know he loved me and now he is making up for it the best he can.

Concerning acting...don't we all have the potential for all human behaviour? If not it would be imposible to "imitate" a character and make it credible. In Antique Greece the plays were meant lead to katharsis, reflecting issues among us all. I don't think one can compare all actors and all acting at the same page. Do you mean it's not useful? or is it just that you don't understand? Anyway a strong Neptune is always present in the chart of actors.
    Not questioning it's usefulness here. I don't condemn the creative side of story telling at all.
    Just so totally not my personal path. I was always a surviver and later (after 29) a seeker.
    Acting would have been ok for the survivor in me, with a decent salary,
    but it would have been impossible to direct me.
    By the time I was thirty all I wanted was find the system under which a society could flourish.
    Personal path, having seen early on that Europe and all western countries had sunk into decadence,
    and the third world was no more than a landfill and a sweatshop.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), Gekko (26th September 2013), PurpleLama (26th September 2013), transiten (26th September 2013), Wind (26th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1720 of 2610 FirstFirst 1 720 1220 1620 1670 1710 1720 1730 1770 1820 2220 2610 LastLast