+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 284 334 374 384 394 434 484 884 1384 2703 LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #7661
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,201 times in 1,429 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    You like bowling??
    I do ... especially with attitude

Actually, I worked in bowling alleys for many years in my youth. Night manager for 3 years.

Attachment 12900

Attachment 12901

Attachment 12903

[Sorry folks ... another one of those mandatory overtime back to back 12 hour shifts. If not for the village rather akin to solitary confinement.]

dedicated to Calz.
    John Turturro is a wonderful actor. My be he is a member of Avalon. Why not?

This tv commercial is from Israel, mimicking one of the best The Great Lebowsky's scenes.

Last edited by dan33; 23rd January 2012 at 23:25.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dan33 For This Post:

Belle (23rd January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), meeradas (23rd January 2012), Newlyn (24th January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #7662
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Quote Posted by dan33 (here)
    You like bowling??
    Full circle. Dan's got it!
    Was thinking of this movie (what else?)
    when i had to ask the question.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Belle (23rd January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (23rd January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #7663
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dan33 (here)
    You like bowling??
    Full circle. Dan's got it!
    Was thinking of this movie (what else?)
    when i had to ask the question.
    ASK me!!

This commercial from Israel

Last edited by dan33; 23rd January 2012 at 23:30.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dan33 For This Post:

Calz (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), meeradas (23rd January 2012)

7. Link to Post #7664
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by Belle (here)
    Quote Posted by eaglespirit (here)
    So glad You added in, Ulli...we are riding the wave : ) ...was sure a Villager would elaborate, thanks!

If we could see peace as the opposite of action, or even conflict, then extreme bloodshed, violence and horror would become a thing of the past.
    Wow, bringing back memories of first lessons of awareness with this one, eaglespirit and ulli.

We create the world we desire by the way in which we speak, reinforcing it with action. At the very beginnings of my journey, I learned the importance of speaking in positives...ie loving peace is more powerful than hating war. By hating war and desiring it's elimination, the 'universe' (and I use that term loosely) is left to 'fill in the blanks' as to what we desire in its place. By loving peace, speaking our desires for a peace-filled world, and acting in a peaceful manner, positive energy is released to create the world we envision. The more people who do this, the more peace is created....overcoming those things opposite to it.

Wish I could remember where and how I learned this...it has become so much a part of me that even describing it is difficult.

I think it is our current idea of what peace is that is changing...it is so much more than lack of war and violence. By acknowleding it's opposite, we somehow limit its meaning. Imagine complete peace in all beings in all ways...the very thought of violence and war would not exist.
    I think it was a quote by Mother Theresa that was making the rounds of the Internet some years ago.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (23rd January 2012), eaglespirit (23rd January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012)

9. Link to Post #7665
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Iam going to the pub now for a beer with my pal. He is the drummer with the rock band Nazareth. See you all later. Stay cool folks.

Stan

PS I am a bit fed up as I had pains in my chest. I had a massive heart attack 12 yrs ago. I feel ok after taking my spray.
    Last edited by aranuk; 23rd January 2012 at 23:51.
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (23rd January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), meeradas (23rd January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012)

11. Link to Post #7666
    Thanks

Anyway, Meeradas, call me at this number: DaN-dAN-dan-dAN (!!) (copyright by NanooNanoo)

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dan33 For This Post:

Calz (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), meeradas (24th January 2012), Newlyn (24th January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012)

13. Link to Post #7667
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

I'm cooking again... Japanese soba noodles with sizzled garlic, celery and tiny broccoli bits, with a sauce of mirin, tamari, sesame seeds. Oh, and I hid a little Hijiki seaweed in there, shhhh.
    Baked butternut squash. Fresh pea soup with herbs.
    Butternut bisque tomorrow with the leftover butternut.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

1inMany (24th January 2012), astrid (24th January 2012), Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), meeradas (24th January 2012), modwiz (24th January 2012), Newlyn (24th January 2012), Samsara (24th January 2012)

15. Link to Post #7668
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    So glad You added in, Ulli...we are riding the wave : ) ...was sure a Villager would elaborate, thanks!

If we could see peace as the opposite of action, or even conflict, then extreme bloodshed, violence and horror would become a thing of the past.
    Wow, bringing back memories of first lessons of awareness with this one, eaglespirit and ulli.

We create the world we desire by the way in which we speak, reinforcing it with action. At the very beginnings of my journey, I learned the importance of speaking in positives...ie loving peace is more powerful than hating war. By hating war and desiring it's elimination, the 'universe' (and I use that term loosely) is left to 'fill in the blanks' as to what we desire in its place. By loving peace, speaking our desires for a peace-filled world, and acting in a peaceful manner, positive energy is released to create the world we envision. The more people who do this, the more peace is created....overcoming those things opposite to it.

Wish I could remember where and how I learned this...it has become so much a part of me that even describing it is difficult.

I think it is our current idea of what peace is that is changing...it is so much more than lack of war and violence. By acknowleding it's opposite, we somehow limit its meaning. Imagine complete peace in all beings in all ways...the very thought of violence and war would not exist.
    I think it was a quote by Mother Theresa that was making the rounds of the Internet some years ago.
    Perhaps, but I learned this over 40 years ago...it changed my life.

I have a Scorpio ascendent, and would sting anyone and everything at will...and sting is putting it mildly. I have this weird ability to see people's vunerabilities and flaws, and that was the first place I would attack...over and over again. Words were my weapons, and I used them well and often. Having a Leo sun with its confidence only made it worse...I was righteously angry! I was not a bully...I would protect the weaker from their bullies...or so I justified my actions to myself.

I first learned about the Scorpio ascendent from someone a friend of mine introduced me to...I've always wondered if she did it as an act of self-defense. Anyway, this person was an astrologist and did a reading for me. We talked for quite a while after. The most important thing to come out of this conversation was that I had a choice to make...I could continue in life as I had been, giving in to my scorpio nature or I could choose to soar above it.

There began my journey. I was led to so many different 'teachers', lessons, books, etc. Somewhere early on came the lesson in speaking positives.

It could have come from Mother Theresa, but approximately 40 years ago...I simply don't remember.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), Marianne (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), modwiz (24th January 2012), Samsara (24th January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012)

17. Link to Post #7669
    Thanks

Here and now I just released an old energetic knot, that made me small, afraid and nervous in front of one perticular person.

And I thank my guides and angels for helping me when I feel my strength is not enough, and when I'm to much on the window-free inside of my human experience. I breath fresh air!

Ehh, maybe that is not what was meant, but how can peace be opposite of action? If we find peace inside, and manifest it outside, we are in balance and full power to make significant action for ourselves and humanity! Opposite to disharmony, fear, chasing happiness outside, yes. But not to action.

Did I misunderstand something? HUGS TO EVERYONE!
    The more I learn .. The less I know

Live without pretending
    Love without depending
    Listen without defending
    Speak without offending

Love /Newlyn, no-one

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Newlyn For This Post:

Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), Marianne (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012)

19. Link to Post #7670
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Marianne (here)
    I'm cooking again... Japanese soba noodles with sizzled garlic, celery and tiny broccoli bits, with a sauce of mirin, tamari, sesame seeds. Oh, and I hid a little Hijiki seaweed in there, shhhh.
    Baked butternut squash. Fresh pea soup with herbs.
    Butternut bisque tomorrow with the leftover butternut.
    Sounds delicious, nutritious and full of Love.

20. Link to Post #7671
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by Newlyn (here)
    Here and now I just released an old energetic knot, that made me small, afraid and nervous in front of one perticular person.

And I thank my guides and angels for helping me when I feel my strength is not enough, and when I'm to much on the window-free inside of my human experience. I breath fresh air!

Ehh, maybe that is not what was meant, but how can peace be opposite of action? If we find peace inside, and manifest it outside, we are in balance and full power to make significant action for ourselves and humanity! Opposite to disharmony, fear, chasing happiness outside, yes. But not to action.

Did I misunderstand something? HUGS TO EVERYONE!

Feel free to interpret it in any way you like.
    I'm always glad to discover someone is using their mind.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (24th January 2012), Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Lisab (24th January 2012), Marianne (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), modwiz (24th January 2012), Newlyn (24th January 2012)

22. Link to Post #7672
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)

Perhaps, but I learned this over 40 years ago...it changed my life.

I have a Scorpio ascendent, and would sting anyone and everything at will...and sting is putting it mildly. I have this weird ability to see people's vunerabilities and flaws, and that was the first place I would attack...over and over again. Words were my weapons, and I used them well and often. Having a Leo sun with its confidence only made it worse...I was righteously angry! I was not a bully...I would protect the weaker from their bullies...or so I justified my actions to myself.

I first learned about the Scorpio ascendent from someone a friend of mine introduced me to...I've always wondered if she did it as an act of self-defense. Anyway, this person was an astrologist and did a reading for me. We talked for quite a while after. The most important thing to come out of this conversation was that I had a choice to make...I could continue in life as I had been, giving in to my scorpio nature or I could choose to soar above it.

There began my journey. I was led to so many different 'teachers', lessons, books, etc. Somewhere early on came the lesson in speaking positives.

It could have come from Mother Theresa, but approximately 40 years ago...I simply don't remember.
    I have Scorp rising too. I know exactly what you mean about seeing peoples weakest, most susceptible wounds to drip some nice hot venom into. I, thankfully, no longer even think that way. I do still see peoples vulnerabilities and employ it in my bodywork and energy work. It allows me to do very deep work, not physically so much, on them. It also allows me to control wise asses and boundary violators. When they act up I give them a few verbal 'taps' and let them know that good manners are the way to get out alive,

The owning of power is a responsibility and privilege. Its' misuse has a terrible kick back when you get deep into the game.

23. Link to Post #7673
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

I suuurrreellllyyy can relate Belle and Modwiz....
    of course, running large commercial construction crews always kept the venom pistol ready...
    but just small accurate squirts,
    about enough to get the job done : ) Those days are long gone!!!
    Last edited by eaglespirit; 24th January 2012 at 01:10.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), Marianne (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), modwiz (24th January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012), ViralSpiral (24th January 2012)

25. Link to Post #7674
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    I have Scorp rising too. I know exactly what you mean about seeing peoples weakest, most susceptible wounds to drip some nice hot venom into. I, thankfully, no longer even think that way. I do still see peoples vulnerabilities and employ it in my bodywork and energy work. It allows me to do very deep work, not physically so much, on them. It also allows me to control wise asses and boundary violators. When they act up I give them a few verbal 'taps' and let them know that good manners are the way to get out alive,

The owning of power is a responsibility and privilege. Its' misuse has a terrible kick back when you get deep into the game.
    One of the best parts of Here and Now is that there is always someone who understands what you're talking about.

I still see the vunerabilities and flaws as well, but they now appear more as wounds to be healed...as are my own which I tend to see clearer than those of others, though more difficult to heal. Hence, the use of Ho'oponopono...lots of love and forgiveness to myself and others.

In all these years I have become perhaps a little too gentle in my ways, or maybe it's just that I no longer hold whatever it is that caused me to strike back. I just keep picturing that eagle soaring above the scorpion...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

of course, coming from running 30 man commercial construction crews keeps the venom pistol ready...but just small accurate squirts,
    about enough to get the job done : ) Those day are long gone!!!
    Thanks, eaglespirit. Your avatar looks much like the picture I have in my mind of the eagle soaring.
    Last edited by Belle; 24th January 2012 at 01:00.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

1inMany (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), Marianne (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), modwiz (24th January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012), ViralSpiral (24th January 2012)

27. Link to Post #7675
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

...just chiming in Newlyn, I think it's an 'allowance' action kind of thing...not an I'll get you before you get me kinda thing that is being shown : )
    It has been upside-down for a very long time!!!

...and bye the bye, Good Evening!

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (24th January 2012), Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), Marianne (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), modwiz (24th January 2012), Newlyn (24th January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012), ViralSpiral (24th January 2012)

29. Link to Post #7676
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Mod Quote "The owning of power is a responsibility and privilege. Its' misuse has a terrible kick back when you get deep into the game. "

Couldn't agree more i had been in "chains" with most of my " privileges" removed because of EXACTLY that,
    thankfully i have learned my lessons and now starting to get back full power again.
    But its a VERY long and hard road back.
    Last edited by astrid; 24th January 2012 at 01:27.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), Cottage Rose (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Lisab (24th January 2012), Marianne (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), meeradas (24th January 2012), modwiz (24th January 2012), Samsara (24th January 2012), ViralSpiral (24th January 2012)

31. Link to Post #7677
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

of course, running large commercial construction crews always kept the venom pistol ready...
    but just small accurate squirts,
    about enough to get the job done : ) Those days are long gone!!!
    Keeping order is a form of love and people thrive in it, especially kids. My wife does not have the same control over her cats that I do. That is because I speak 'cat' to them. That means the no is often 'spoken' with an intentioned swat/tap. If you watch cats, it is how they communicate 'definitive' boundaries. I do it with no malice and telepathic reinforcement. It is just language and no more. If it was not needed I would not use it. I have no emotional attachment to being physical, actually the opposite is the case.

Nice, clear, unequivocal communication is all that is desired. It is all about intent and knowing your heart.

Some people require tiny ego stings to recognize boundaries and messages. Others are adults, LOL.
    Last edited by modwiz; 24th January 2012 at 01:35.

32. Link to Post #7678
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    It is the Water Dragon, here is what I belive to be conformation: http://www.usbridalguide.com/special...pes/Dragon.htm
    There are 5, corresponding the the Chines 5 element theory. Water, Metal, Fire, Earth and Wood. Metal corresponds with Western Air, the use of Swords for the Air Element in the tarot ties the systems together nicely. Wood works as the Ether, the Western 'source' element.
    I was starting to think you slipped the dragon one of your elvish cloaks which allowed for it to blend in with whatever environment it was currently in ....

Name:  dragon.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  11.7 KB

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Belle (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), modwiz (24th January 2012), ViralSpiral (24th January 2012)

34. Link to Post #7679
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Here and Now. Something really hit a while ago. A couple of hours ago, actually. I became overwhelmed with agitation and depression. My brain was going through it all...there are all these solar flares, I got no sleep last night, they are this or that. It doesn't really matter why, though, does it? It is what it is. I couldn't ball up and cry a bit, which no doubt would have helped. I was able to unload on hubby in about 10 seconds, speed-talking I think. I am thankful he was kind and let me speak, then I was somewhat better. It has almost all gone now, which is the weirdest thing. That kind of heaviness doesn't just "poof" so now I'm wondering why it hit my so hard, and how in the heck did it just poof?

Another presidential thingy on the TV...oh, when is gonna learn it makes no difference. sigh. Oh, maybe it will. This is just a bullying contest between the two biggest mouths for the elite.

Daughter going click, click, click. Someone walking up the stairs, probably brother with dinner and dog. Something is humming really loudly, I can't decide what. All the clocks are keeping their own rhythms, apparently not paying any attention to the headache I'm nursing. Insensitives.

Going to bed early, wondering what tomorrow will bring. Another doctor for the little one, as he is not improving. Mom's taxi service has a full day...Definitely engrossed in the 3d for the next day or so.

Much love,
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Faydra (31st January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012), ulli (24th January 2012)

36. Link to Post #7680
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

I finally connected with my Aussie Shamanic trainers,
    just got off the phone after 2 hours with one of them,
    what a freaking relief to finally get to talk with some
    like minded others. SO excited about what I'm doing this
    year, its been a very long time coming.
    life is good.

Flares yes, that was a big one.. My heart rate has been increased
    the last 24 hours, and anxiety, on edge. Lots of new energy to
    anchor in peoples. Time to ground, ground, ground.....
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (24th January 2012), Belle (24th January 2012), Calz (24th January 2012), dan33 (24th January 2012), eaglespirit (24th January 2012), Eram (12th March 2013), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2012), Lisab (24th January 2012), markoid (24th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 284 334 374 384 394 434 484 884 1384 2703 LastLast