+ Reply to Thread
Page 1724 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 724 1224 1624 1674 1714 1724 1734 1774 1824 2224 2703 LastLast
Results 34,461 to 34,480 of 54048

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #34461
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,322 times in 612 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Thank you all, my father passed a few hours ago; my first loss of anyone close, and I am doing well. The transition went well.

Condolences to all, to you and your family.
    You will discover many new perspectives as a result of this loss.
    I hope you will get visited by him in a dream.

Thank you.
    I have already realized the richness of this experience; it has been grand. Without the contrast of death, life is not appreciated; an interesting concept.
    My condolences too.
    All my love to you DeDukshyn !
    We are one !

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), eaglespirit (27th September 2013), Marianne (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #34462
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

4. Link to Post #34463
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Been feeling sad, too. All around, I see suffering. Here, in my own home, and the people I know, and also various Avalon members. When it comes to death, I feel like Ernie. How can we be here on earth, in an earthly body, and not be identified with our bodies. I've had so many losses in my life... family members and friends dying. When my grandfather was in his late eighties he still rode his bicycle, and at least twice a week had to go out to some social function, which at that point in his life was funeral after funeral, as his generation was leaving, one by one.
    So I guess we die mostly because of all these losses.
    The newer generations have none of our memories, so we have little in common.

He is a quote from Abdu'l-Baha about suffering:

“The mind and spirit of man advance when he is tried by suffering.
    The more the ground is ploughed the better the seed will grow, the better the harvest will be.
    Just as the plough furrows the earth deeply, purifying it of weeds and thistles,
    so suffering and tribulation free man from the petty affairs of this worldly life
    until he arrives at a state of complete detachment.

His attitude in this world will be that of divine happiness.
    Man is, so to speak, unripe: the heat of the fire of suffering will mature him.
    Look back to the times past and you will find that the greatest men have suffered most.”

Abdu’l-Baha (Paris Talks, pp 178-179)
    Last edited by ulli; 27th September 2013 at 13:55.

5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

amandapoet (4th October 2013), Carmody (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), eaglespirit (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (27th September 2013), Gekko (27th September 2013), Lettherebelight (27th September 2013), Marianne (27th September 2013), Michelle Marie (27th September 2013), Nat_Lee (27th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (27th September 2013), PurpleLama (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), transiten (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

6. Link to Post #34464
    Thanks

Things ain't like they used to be

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (27th September 2013), Marianne (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

8. Link to Post #34465
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

I have already realized the richness of this experience; it has been grand. Without the contrast of death, life is not appreciated; an interesting concept.
    Death has a way of moving me to places I would not think to go.
    And other times, it kick starts ‘me stretching me’.

Someone’s passing is a gift of sorts: reflection, (re)alignment of what’s important, timely reminder to fill time with what brings me joy, (re)construction of health in mind, body, soul.

Someone’s passing is a gift of sorts.
    Though, many would not be open to hear it like that, so I don’t usually voice it.

For me, the closer the love one is, the harder the hurt. But I reach a place of appreciation for what was had. And often the relationship transpires into the realm of no rules. One that, I am stretched to where we greet soul to soul.

Priceless gift of unlearned illusion!

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Carmody (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (27th September 2013), Gekko (27th September 2013), genevieve (27th September 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (27th September 2013), Marianne (27th September 2013), Michelle Marie (27th September 2013), transiten (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

10. Link to Post #34466
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Wrote a little something, over here:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post736011

It tackles a difficult subject, one of separation and definition of the complexity of integration. To increase the number of components of the analysis, so it can be better seen. Not necessarily better defined, but more angles to view the complexity from and within.

Our answers and thus orientation, with regard to the communicative linear self (as a running program)...is only as complex as the data set we consciously/unconsciously work with, even though our unconscious may work with different data sets and different connections/limits/etc. The kind of thing that can be known and 'be' in a moment, but take an infinity to express.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

amandapoet (4th October 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (27th September 2013), Marianne (27th September 2013), Michelle Marie (27th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (28th September 2013), PurpleLama (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), ThePythonicCow (28th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013)

12. Link to Post #34467
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 times in 448 posts

The newer generations have none of our memories, so we have little in common.
    Well, at least we have cats.

Here's mine:

She wouldn't stop moving around...

13. Link to Post #34468
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Very reminiscent of the Fluffy Black and White Ball of Badness, aka Ishtar.

This is her last year, and has only gotten fluffier and badder, since.

14. Link to Post #34469
    Thanks

This is the only truth that can get me out of the dumps:

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (28th September 2013), Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), Carmody (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (27th September 2013), Lettherebelight (27th September 2013), Marianne (27th September 2013), Michelle Marie (27th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (28th September 2013), PurpleLama (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), transiten (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

16. Link to Post #34470
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Mike, I'm sorry for your loss. I can't think of anything to say that isn't sappy, so I'll just add my love and blessings to the village chorus winging your way.

Ulli, I do think we have much in common with younger people, but sometimes have to stretch to find it. I was visited last weekend by my grand-niece, who was a handful through her teens. She's in college now, and more settled after some life experience. She loved nature and knitting as a child, and that was a bond for us, and remembering those times may have been what helped her come see me again, which must have been hard after so many years when she was lost to us.

So my thinking is, we older ones have to begin early to reach out to younger ones to find something in common. It's always been rewarded for me. The times I didn't, I lost touch with someone and regretted it.

Reilly, I sometimes wonder if Ishtar is a reincarnation of my cat, she was a black and white ball of fur and badness too.

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

1inMany (28th September 2013), amandapoet (4th October 2013), Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), Carmody (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Gekko (28th September 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (28th September 2013), PurpleLama (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), transiten (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

18. Link to Post #34471
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

If it wasn't for the exceptional quality of the people on this forum I would have to surmise that this place is extremely dangerous - or at the very least a potential catapault to new heights. And such catapaults are never much fun as it happens - it is the novel aspect of the inteference that toughens the hide, galvanizes the spirit and creates an irrepressible need to soldier on.

Thanks for this current push, oh pigs of Satan, I am in your debt, which I will repay in kind. hehe

love to all
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

1inMany (28th September 2013), Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), Carmody (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Gekko (28th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), Michelle Marie (27th September 2013), PurpleLama (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), transiten (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013)

20. Link to Post #34472
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Wrote a little something, over here:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post736011

It tackles a difficult subject, one of separation and definition of the complexity of integration. To increase the number of components of the analysis, so it can be better seen. Not necessarily better defined, but more angles to view the complexity from and within.

Our answers and thus orientation, with regard to the communicative linear self (as a running program)...is only as complex as the data set we consciously/unconsciously work with, even though our unconscious may work with different data sets and different connections/limits/etc. The kind of thing that can be known and 'be' in a moment, but take an infinity to express.
    I'm noticing through communication and observation that some are practicing "duality consciousness" by being falsely self-identified and thus separated by the conceptual corral. This false ID has been programmed into the psyche and subconscious minds deeply. They think the cookie-cutter mindset that comes with their box is theirs of origin and ironically, gives that sense of belonging with all of those that share the same cookie-cutter mindset belief system or position. No matter what the title of the ID box is, whether it is "Republican" or "Christian" or "TV worshipper" you can be sure of what they are going to say in a conversation. If they can't or wont hear Truth, then there is no point in communication. You are wrong and they are right and that's it. Duality consciousness.

Unity consciousness comes from being one with Truth from the Heart. Authentic. It is peaceful to communicate with these people as they are open to learning and hearing and accepting other perspectives and perceptions than their own. Innocent. Receptive. Light, and often playful. Creative. Caring.

I'm sensing a paradox of Unity and Separation occurring during these rapidly transforming times.

Belief is conceptual. Inner knowing -- that direct perception of Reality/Truth as a sense of certain deep knowing -- is Truth. The Absolute Truth that all have access to through soul perception.

The paradox is that it's hard to impossible to communicate deeply or express Truth to an unreceptive person who is in Duality Consciousness through a falsely identified ego-mind. (Mind-centered rather than heart-centered.)

The creative mind is one with the heart-centered soul and complies with the whole systems of genius. It is enhanced and empowered. It is freed.

It seems to me that there is an "order of operations" and a calibration that adjusts our consciousness so that we can meet our full potential as Divine Beings.
    I'm working on this on myself and that's what I write about.

BTW, I do intuitive readings and tarot readings. Anyone want to do a trade? How fun!!!

Lots of Love,
    Michelle Marie
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

1inMany (28th September 2013), amandapoet (4th October 2013), Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (28th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

22. Link to Post #34473
    United States Avalon Member Benevolent Bear's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 times in 125 posts

For all of the villagers that are having difficulties...

May the waters of a cool stream wash your troubles away.

Let nature sooth your soul and give you peace...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03866.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	22991  

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Benevolent Bear For This Post:

1inMany (28th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (28th September 2013), Gekko (28th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), Michelle Marie (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

24. Link to Post #34474
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by Paula (here)
    Death has a way of moving me to places I would not think to go.
    And other times, it kick starts ‘me stretching me’.

Someone’s passing is a gift of sorts: reflection, (re)alignment of what’s important, timely reminder to fill time with what brings me joy, (re)construction of health in mind, body, soul.

Someone’s passing is a gift of sorts.
    Though, many would not be open to hear it like that, so I don’t usually voice it.

For me, the closer the love one is, the harder the hurt. But I reach a place of appreciation for what was had. And often the relationship transpires into the realm of no rules. One that, I am stretched to where we greet soul to soul.

Priceless gift of unlearned illusion!

Wow! That's beautiful, Paula. It made me start thinking about my best friend who passed and how much that changed me.

Here's the poem I wrote for her:

Seasons of Life

For every time a season
    For every life a reason
    Evolving, changing, constantly
    So much of it we do not see

Unconscious intention’s energy
    Forms into our reality
    Creating experience to enjoy or endure
    Soul intentions that are pure

Though often we don’t understand
    Peace is always close at hand
    In some deeper sense we realize
    All is perfect in God’s eyes

An ever-present peace it brings
    To sense perfection in all things
    And even in what brings us pain
    We’re thankful for the blessings gained

Awareness will reduce our cries
    As we open up our eyes
    To see that every life has meaning
    Incorporating truth we’re gleaning

When perfection we cannot see
    Our perception needs some deepening
    At the highest level, perfection exists
    To realize this our search persists

Michelle Marie
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (28th September 2013), Gekko (28th September 2013), Heartsong (30th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), transiten (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (27th September 2013)

26. Link to Post #34475
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Thank you all, my father passed a few hours ago; my first loss of anyone close, and I am doing well. The transition went well.

Thank you.
    My condolences too.
    Mike I understand your father was not very old? I suppose there were mixed feelings of sorrow and relief since your father must have been suffering a lot. Makes me think of my father who is 91 and still going strong. I had no close contact with him during 40 years but the last 5 we have come very close...even though i know he has lived his life and i believe in the afterlife and that it is possible to have contact in different ways I will be devastated when he passes away. We all have different life situations and i'm trying to prepare myself emotionally for his passing but....

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

1inMany (28th September 2013), Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (28th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), Michelle Marie (4th October 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (28th September 2013)

28. Link to Post #34476
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,463 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by transiten (here)

Thank you.
    My condolences too.
    Mike I understand your father was not very old? I suppose there were mixed feelings of sorrow and relief since your father must have been suffering a lot. Makes me think of my father who is 91 and still going strong. I had no close contact with him during 40 years but the last 5 we have come very close...even though i know he has lived his life and i believe in the afterlife and that it is possible to have contact in different ways I will be devastated when he passes away. We all have different life situations and i'm trying to prepare myself emotionally for his passing but....
    My father had a second chance at life after he was diagnosed with cancer, he had 8 good years where he was able to experience several grandchildren growing, including two of mine that he never would have met if he didn't have that opportunity. he was in his late sixties, so not too young, but without the cancer, I'm sure he was stubborn enough to make to 90

I think Paula said it well, it's a tragic gift, one that causes pain, and pain causes growth, but also one that allows us to see others as they truly are. I have rarely witnessed so many angels setting aside their "human" life, to even momentarily express their angelic-ness in these times. It has been incredible at times. I have a new found appreciation for the angel of death, may we stay aware that He follows us throughout our lives, and may the awareness of that fact keep us always in one of three states -- Appreciation, Gratitude and Praise.

Thank you all for the very kind words. I feel 2013 is a lot about "finishing up" - This is one of few experiences I always wondered about but never had. You just can't go out and experience this type of thing. I haven't been keeping up much on this thread so I can't speak for Ernie or others that have recently experienced loss, but this is how it has been for me.

PS I'd say saying goodbye, is something one should get out of the way mutually with a loved one who is getting into that "risky" area. I had my opportunity to do this, and I am so appreciative of that. Don't leave anything till the end.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

1inMany (28th September 2013), Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (27th September 2013), Gekko (28th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), Michelle Marie (4th October 2013), PurpleLama (27th September 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), thunder24 (28th September 2013), transiten (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (28th September 2013)

30. Link to Post #34477
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,463 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Calz (here)
    Older cultures were prepared and fine with death since they saw it for what it was.

When and where have we lost that???
    I only saw the preview for this previously -- I didn't realize the whole thing was available ...

The Griefwalker: Stephen Jenkinson.
    http://www.nfb.ca/film/griefwalker#temp-share-panel
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 27th September 2013 at 22:49.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (28th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), Michelle Marie (4th October 2013), RunningDeer (27th September 2013), transiten (27th September 2013), ulli (27th September 2013), Wind (28th September 2013)

32. Link to Post #34478
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Got the news this morning. Thursday night, the matriarch of our clan passed on to greener pastures.
    Edes nagy mamam, nagyon, nagyon, szerettlek! Isten maga jojen es kezileg vigyen volloba...isten ertesen mindig.

Nice family, to leave me out of the passing. I would so have wanted to see her to the other side. But I found her, in heaven, she is alright. She and I will do some work together in the future.

She wanted to make it to 100. She was less than three years shy of the mark. May my every tear be like a thousand prayers for your safe-keeping, and may you look in on us here on earth from time to time. I love you, nagymama. You will be sorely missed...
    Again Ernie the passing of your grandma makes me think about my father...i also know something about having been left out from the family, not so anymore. I loved my grandma very much although i only met her a few times but she came to me during a seanse and the message was: Don't you ever let someone try to dominate you (she was an Aries)

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (27th September 2013), Gekko (28th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), ulli (28th September 2013), Wind (28th September 2013)

34. Link to Post #34479
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Thanks, Mike. Looking forward to the documentary.

Griefwalker - Stephen Jenkinson - Trailer

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Benevolent Bear (27th September 2013), DeDukshyn (27th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (27th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), ulli (28th September 2013), Wind (28th September 2013)

36. Link to Post #34480
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

A few pages back or so I posted some still shots of a jaguar in Brazil attacking and swimming off with a caiman crocodile. Here's a video of it. King of the Jungle! Wow!

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

Benevolent Bear (28th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (28th September 2013), genevieve (28th September 2013), Marianne (28th September 2013), RunningDeer (28th September 2013), skippy (28th September 2013), ulli (28th September 2013), Wind (28th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1724 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 724 1224 1624 1674 1714 1724 1734 1774 1824 2224 2703 LastLast