+ Reply to Thread
Page 1009 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 9 509 909 959 999 1009 1019 1059 1109 1509 2009 2703 LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,180 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #20161
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Nora I've always wanted to go to a pow wow. I ordered the movie Pow Wow Highway but it's an American import so can't watch it.
    Working some overtime today, but feel anxious for the first time in ages. Heart yammering in my chest here!

Love to Ulli. I don't want to nag you Ulli but I miss you xxx

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), astrid (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), meeradas (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ViralSpiral (30th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #20162
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

that was strange...

a wine glass fell off the counter towards the tile floor, I thought NOO!!! and it hit, without hitting, it dropped down to the side and when the base hit, still not a noise, it is a crystal glass, picked it up, tapped it with a finger and it rang...

starting to like this 2012 effect...

4. Link to Post #20163
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

I wasnt sure wether to post this or not. It seems the village has taken a lttle shake... perhaps a little story may help?

A man was meditating one day as he did so mny times before but on this day he was met with a voice and a figure came to him with his eyes closed. He felt a presence and a knowing, he was invited to travel space time! He excitedly said yes to the venture and before you know it he was off. He met with an energy that stated to him " be your self and only your true honest self " to which he said Yes! And then with no delay he was plunged into a corridor of rich puple light and ornate walls! He flew through this corridor to other civilisations, planets, realms and met with unusualbeings. On two occasion his train of thought was disturbed and he was brought to a decision, mean while he was still travelling but he didnt answer the decision with an honest answer and all of a sudden the road kept going but he was stopped dead in his tracks! He knew immediately why! He had lied to him self and was about to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere!

So he shouted out, ok ok! and then thought of a truthful answer to his previous side thought and whoosh! Back on track and back in the vortex he rode.

He came back, he looked around and found him self a wreck, his shoulder dislocated, back aching, ... what happened to me? As he went to get up he had an excruciating pain in his rigt shoulder and thought if he moved the wrong way it could get worseso he went inside and asked the best way to fix it. And a voice in his head said " just put it back where it belongs " So with that thought he raised up and it popped back in.

He wa glad to be back, so far to see so many things but there is no place like home :-)

N
    N

5. Link to Post #20164
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

http://youtu.be/c1AxoPTAgxA?t=1m51s

[no embedding with time hack intact]

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    starting to like this 2012 effect...
    I would, too. But 'my' falling glasses still shatter.
    Last edited by meeradas; 30th September 2012 at 07:21.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), Rocky_Shorz (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012), ViralSpiral (30th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #20165
    Thanks

just read the fine print, nevermind...

8. Link to Post #20166
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)
    I wasnt sure wether to post this or not. It seems the village has taken a lttle shake... perhaps a little story may help?

A man was meditating one day as he did so mny times before but on this day he was met with a voice and a figure came to him with his eyes closed. He felt a presence and a knowing, he was invited to travel space time! He excitedly said yes to the venture and before you know it he was off. He met with an energy that stated to him " be your self and only your true honest self " to which he said Yes! And then with no delay he was plunged into a corridor of rich puple light and ornate walls! He flew through this corridor to other civilisations, planets, realms and met with unusualbeings. On two occasion his train of thought was disturbed and he was brought to a decision, mean while he was still travelling but he didnt answer the decision with an honest answer and all of a sudden the road kept going but he was stopped dead in his tracks! He knew immediately why! He had lied to him self and was about to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere!

So he shouted out, ok ok! and then thought of a truthful answer to his previous side thought and whoosh! Back on track and back in the vortex he rode.

He came back, he looked around and found him self a wreck, his shoulder dislocated, back aching, ... what happened to me? As he went to get up he had an excruciating pain in his rigt shoulder and thought if he moved the wrong way it could get worseso he went inside and asked the best way to fix it. And a voice in his head said " just put it back where it belongs " So with that thought he raised up and it popped back in.

He wa glad to be back, so far to see so many things but there is no place like home :-)

N
    N
    why didn't he open his eyes recognizing a presence who was all knowing...

sounds pretty all knowing himself already...

9. Link to Post #20167
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Quote Posted by amandapoet (here)
    That is my here and now in the village, how about yours?

~Amanda
    Overwhelmed
    With sadness

Another Bob a troll?!

I am reminded of the words of the song that Samsara posted

Isn't it a pity
    Isn't it a shame
    How we break each other's hearts
    And cause each other pain
    Without thinking any more
    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity

As Tom Lescher said: One heck of a full moon! The inner world of ghosts and shadows....

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    We are so loved and so blessed on so many levels

Be love
    Astrid

.... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

10. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), astrid (30th September 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), christian (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), HURRITT ENYETO (30th September 2012), Lettherebelight (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), meeradas (30th September 2012), modwiz (30th September 2012), NancyV (30th September 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #20168
    Thanks

Quote Posted by another bob (here)
    PS: I have just received a notice that I am now designated as a troll by the mods, along with Jeanette, and told not to post at this thread. OK.
    with a face only a mother Troll could love, afraid you won't be getting many tolls trying to scare people from under the bridge...

the special make-up does help though...

Quote Posted by another bob (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    From "A Course in Miracles" --- "... Only thoughts can be dirty ..." --- referring to the context of health and sickness

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 30th September 2012 at 08:09.

12. Link to Post #20169
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

This clip reminded me all over again, why I'm such a hermit,
    and why drama, sends me running for the hills.

If we can't be kind to each other here, then what hope do we have?
    Seriously?
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), lookbeyond (1st October 2012), meeradas (30th September 2012), modwiz (30th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012), ViralSpiral (30th September 2012)

14. Link to Post #20170
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Apparently the village has not been immune to the influence of, for lack of a better word, "funky" energies--- and causing (based on my indiviual observation and on here) a major breakdown in communication

So I will share what has been a very frustrating expericence in communicating for me lately-- I feel severely isolated in RL, yes I have friends a phone call away, but no one to be there for in the physical sense. Right now I am living with my dad, who like me is grieving the loss of my mom and the fate of my son, however reacts by saying the most horrfic and self-confidence shattering things to both my son and I. Trying to not react to the words but to the emotion is a constant exercise in awareness. While my son's behavior in trying to cope with all these things going on around him-- is very trying to parent. Balancing meeting his emotional needs and encouraging healthy coping while appropriately disciplining-- and trying to get some semblance of getting a handle of my own emotional state and not drowning in the detachment I placed between myself and feelings. Right now, this moment, everything is overwhelming--- yet I am staying grounded by accepting that is just the state of things as they are, and this too shall pass and I will have a moment where I feel capable and knowing that this situation is in fact "do-able".

~Amanda
    Initially there was no Village, but only a thread where members could share their Here and Now report.

Then one day a report appeared in which someone expressed an upsetting event, and their pain, and the next thing that happened someone else expressed their sympathy, and then someone else did so as well, and then the person who had the pain said 'thank you., I'm feeling so much better, thank you, thank you',
    and then everyone exchanged cyber hugs
    and that is how the Village was born.

And then gradually a community developed and the sharing of pain led to the pain going away and the sharing of joy led to the joy becoming multiplied, and not every post was just about Here and Now reports, but it all became so much more.

And as the bonds kept on growing the Villagers, especially the initial crowd who had become familiar with one another started behaving like a well-functioning family.
    ....to be continued....

15. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), astrid (30th September 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), christian (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Heather2017 (30th September 2012), Lettherebelight (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), modwiz (30th September 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (30th September 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012)

16. Link to Post #20171
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks

If we can't be kind to each other here, then what hope do we have?
    Seriously?
    Exactly...

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), modwiz (30th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012), ViralSpiral (30th September 2012)

18. Link to Post #20172
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ViralSpiral (here)

~Amanda
    Overwhelmed
    With sadness

Another Bob a troll?!

I am reminded of the words of the song that Samsara posted

Isn't it a pity
    Isn't it a shame
    How we break each other's hearts
    And cause each other pain
    Without thinking any more
    Forgetting to give back
    Isn't it a pity

As Tom Lescher said: One heck of a full moon! The inner world of ghosts and shadows....

We are so loved and so blessed on so many levels

Be love
    Astrid

The Village feels different these days, and not just because the troll issue was raised.
    (Notice I'm not saying that "trolls" appeared in our midst...)

But because certain people moved in who showed no sign
    of wanting to blend in with the general Village atmosphere, by their own admission.
    And from the start they showed that they belonged in the big city,
    to which in the end they returned, by their own volition,
    even announcing so themselves. This stuff happens.

I did not drive Jeanette away, I ticked her off for criticizing us Villagers for our ways.
    More than that, I pointed out that what she herself was doing here in the Village was exactly what she was criticizing us for, namely fixing things.
    So I perceived a contradiction on top of the display of her discomfort, (at odds, she called it)
    That she did not wish to be a thorn ( her words, not mine) yet needed to let us know that all our healing and fixing efforts might be pointless because sometimes the purpose of human incarnation is not to be healed, nor fixed, but return to Source.
    Which is her opinion, and which personally I share, and have also expressed previously.
    But she did so in a manner of the outsider who knows better.
    And then she also admitted that this was for the benefit of possible lurkers on the outside.
    Again, fair enough, but could this not have been done via a thread of her own?
    She could have easily stayed, and seeing her earlier display of knowledge I was sure she could get her answers by simply carrying on, and so since she did not even address me directly but the leaders here in general, I decided to let her post go unanswered.
    But then another bob showed up, in the middle of one of our rare Village parties.
    We don't party a lot here, and he could have just joined in the fun for a while.
    But like Jeanette another bob is not really a Villager, but "a mature adult".
    He may love the country, but he is really a city guy, doing things in the efficient way city people do things.
    And so he wants us to turn our attention to Jeanette's post. Well, I had just finished my second glass of wine, and I responded from that consciousness level ( talking virtual wine here, not real wine)
    So quite a few things got addressed in very few lines of cyber pixels.
    If either Jeanette or another bob had blended in with Villager's sensitivities this would never have become a mess.
    But they know stuff us a Villagers don't know, as they are city people.
    So here we have the culture clash of two worlds. Either one can easily return, but I don't think that they would be happy here unless they first learn how to blend in a bit. All it takes is to show a bit of appreciation and humility and we can all be friends.
    But in "mature dialogue" this is not necessary, is it? Instead, we teach by showing people in pictures that they are whipping a dead horse, and by intimidating others who are shocked at their manner and arrogance about their immaturity regarding communication.
    So, Jeanette, how about responding, rather than reacting in a huffy manner? And another bob, how about coming down from your high horse? Ah, I forgot...you just flogged it to death.
    So perhaps one weekend you will visit the Village and mingle with the Villagers as a mere pedestrian? Maybe even join in a picnic?

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012)

20. Link to Post #20173
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    criticizing
    I didn't see that... maybe it's due to my sometimes superficial partaking/ reading.
    Or: Too free; too focused on harmony, perhaps.
    Last edited by meeradas; 30th September 2012 at 10:18.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012)

22. Link to Post #20174
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Ulli, in your effort to take control, I fear you may be bringing your hammer down on the whole show....

Perspectives and opinions, so much diversity, this one sees it a little differently, but I reckon it is your thread, after all, as has been proved before.

23. Link to Post #20175
    Thanks

All it takes is really so very simple:
    "I have been accused of trolling.
    I am sorry I have given that impression.
    It was not my intention to be a troll."

Then step back and wait. This will open dialogue, guaranteed.
    Give someone the chance to respond.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), araucaria (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #20176
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    criticizing
    I didn't see that... maybe it's due to my sometimes superficial partaking/ reading.
    Too free; too focused on harmony, perhaps.
    I will look into it again. The first time I saw the post I didn't really see it as such either.
    But after the letter was brought to my attention the second time and I looked closely there was that element. Maybe I was picking up something from bob's energy, as well.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), meeradas (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #20177
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Ulli, in your effort to take control, I fear you may be bringing your hammer down on the whole show....

Perspectives and opinions, so much diversity, this one sees it a little differently, but I reckon it is your thread, after all, as has been proved before.
    Have you ever counted how many threads there are on Avalon?
    And how quickly they fade and die, even the better ones?
    People are frightened to take control, it has become a dirty word somehow.
    After all, the big enemy is the PTB, the elite, the controllers.
    Understandable.

I have been accused of this before, even though I make sure that my presence as a fellow Villager is never felt as anything other than equal.
    But this is the art of living...to know what situation requires one to take control, and at what times.
    Even a thread owner may sometimes become territorial, and defensive. So what is wrong with running a tight ship?

I just don't want this thread to die, we have something special going on here.
    But if everyone else agrees with PurpleLama I will be happy to step out of the way, and maybe start another thread where the control element is not an issue.

Hey, I already started such a thread, the Daily Hammer...forgot all about it.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), meeradas (30th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012)

29. Link to Post #20178
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

30. Link to Post #20179
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Something special - when ALL voices are heard, even city slickers.........

.... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), astrid (9th October 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), eileenrose (1st October 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), meeradas (30th September 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012)

32. Link to Post #20180
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

Nobody wants you to step aside, nobody wants you to eat humble pie. I'd like to suggest that a balanced approach, one of forgiveness, of the imagined slights of others and of self, might be a better way. A little ho'oponopono to preserve our ohana. I love you, ulli, and I love all our friends who have gathered here. Here is my heart, right out on my sleeve, right next to my cancer rising....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1009 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 9 509 909 959 999 1009 1019 1059 1109 1509 2009 2703 LastLast