+ Reply to Thread
Page 1010 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 10 510 910 960 1000 1010 1020 1060 1110 1510 2010 2703 LastLast
Results 20,181 to 20,200 of 54046

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #20181
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,663 times in 349 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Lisab (here)
    Nora I've always wanted to go to a pow wow. I ordered the movie Pow Wow Highway but it's an American import so can't watch it.
    Working some overtime today, but feel anxious for the first time in ages. Heart yammering in my chest here!

Love to Ulli. I don't want to nag you Ulli but I miss you xxx
    Hi Lisab and Nora, I'm usually too tired to make any commentary that would add anything to the discussions going on at Avalon except on occasion as I work the graveyard shift. I'm awake enough to read and appreciate the many wonderful topics and people here but just can't seem to think as sharp as I can during the day after a good nights sleep. Anyway, I'm jumping in here now because I love going to Pow-Wows too although it's a rare opportunity for me even though I live where there are many to attend (back to that working the night shift). And I used to have the VHS of Pow-Wow Highway, one of my all time favorite movies. I might even be able to get a copy and send it to you. I used to have it but don't anymore. It's a low budget movie with a great story and if you've ever spent time on a reservation here in the United States you'll know this was actually filmed on one. Guess I missed all the earlier drama here but that's probably a good thing. With kids and extended family I get enough drama just waking up everyday (plus I work at a hotel). Love the idea of being mutually supportive of one another though. Thanks to you Ulli for encouraging that.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to spiritwind For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), araucaria (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012), ViralSpiral (30th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #20182
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Ulli, in your effort to take control, I fear you may be bringing your hammer down on the whole show....

Perspectives and opinions, so much diversity, this one sees it a little differently, but I reckon it is your thread, after all, as has been proved before.

I happen to fully share PL's statement.

I can also understand other points of view and opinions, but in the end... when a dispute like this arises, it is a great opportunity for all who participate (moi included) to seek for the very best that we have to offer. What we can display in the worst of times, is far more telling then what we can display in the best of times.

“I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. Thank you.”

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), NancyV (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), ViralSpiral (30th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #20183
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

The other day, we had news of a friend of my son’s, who has just qualified as a teacher of children with learning difficulties (éducateur), and has walked straight into a job, as men always do in the caring professions, being so few in number. Why should this be, given that the male of the species is notoriously deadlier than the female?

Why is a male presence ever useful? I like to see it in terms of relative heart rates. (This is my own idea, although I believe some research has been done in this area). When a man takes a woman literally to his heart, to hug her, their heart beats will tend slightly towards synchronization. The woman’s will drop slightly, with a soothing effect, the man’s will race ever so slightly, which is possibly its own reward. The same thing happens between a mother and child (this time with the woman on the other side of the equation), and also with a man and child, although the differential may be too great for some men.

So hugging is like a mixing of vibrational frequencies on the physical level, and is variously rewarding for all concerned. Sticking my neck out here, I suspect that violence may be a dysfunctioning of this mechanism. Indeed anger and rage are cases of heart rates racing off the scale. This might help to explain why so much violence is sexual in nature.

This would also explain the major difference between sport and warfare recently discussed during the Olympics. The typical athlete will have a very low heart rate, resulting from intensive training. This means that the best will be operating at a more comfortable, more controlled faster rate than their rivals.

That is why so much talk of increasing our vibrational frequencies is extremely dangerous, if not balanced with a similar decrease, also known as grounding.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012), ViralSpiral (30th September 2012)

7. Link to Post #20184
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

This is one lesson that must be learnt by all.
    And as time goes by it will be learnt, by all, I predict it.

In a virtual reality there is infinite space for all.

Each person can take all the space they need.
    To go into another's space and try and challenge what they are doing there
    is totally unnecessary when one can do one's own thing in one's own space in an unfettered manner.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), modwiz (30th September 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #20185
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

When the respective hearts of a man and woman become synchronous, there is much benefit for both, indeed.

10. Link to Post #20186
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    is totally unnecessary when one can do one's own thing in one's own space in an unfettered manner.
    So, we should all go start our own threads and call it the Village? This thread has been so great because it was allowed to be, not because any one of us made it that way.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

40 guests, let us show them how we walt the talk, friends.

11. Link to Post #20187
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

So, we should all go start our own threads and call it the Village? This thread has been so great because it was allowed to be, not because any one of us made it that way.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

10 members and 51 guests
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), meeradas (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012)

13. Link to Post #20188
    Thanks

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The Village you talk of, PL, is Bill Ryan’s Avalon village – we are doing that already.

There has been plenty of discussion in the past about how Bill is entitled to impose certain ground rules for admission to and continued presence in that village. Ulli’s village is a microcosm of that, so let’s give her the same deference we give Bill for his forum. We are not exactly guests, we are villlagers, but not anything goes.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012)

15. Link to Post #20189
    Thanks

This thread is an ‘Ulli experience’ for all concerned. There are only two ways to have an ‘Ulli experience’: with Ulli, or without her. Since the latter option is a contradiction in terms, equating to being elsewhere, anyone having a ‘non-Ulli experience’ on Ulli’s thread is trolling, albeit possibly in unorthodox ways, such as lurking with intent…

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012)

17. Link to Post #20190
    Thanks

Nobody wants you to step aside, nobody wants you to eat humble pie. I'd like to suggest that a balanced approach, one of forgiveness, of the imagined slights of others and of self, might be a better way. A little ho'oponopono to preserve our ohana. I love you, ulli, and I love all our friends who have gathered here. Here is my heart, right out on my sleeve, right next to my cancer rising....

Im responding to the bolded part. The imagined slights of others and of self. And the "nobody" ....
    " Nobody?" You are speaking on behalf of others, as if you know for sure?
    The lines are blurring again.

The moment someone steps up to another, and perceiving a flaw, points it out, the other feels forced to make a split decision...respond or ignore.

When the pressure is increased the response may not come out as fine-tuned as it normally would,
    and that's when someone's communication skills become apparent.
    I'm here on an open forum, where I'm talking with people I have never met before, and some of whom may not have my best interest at heart, nor that of the Village.

Based on the lack of info about others identity I may respond from an emotional fear based center and even give away my lack of equilibrium, and even faith.

If someone is signaling that they have all sorts of knowledge, backed by experience, then usually when tested by fire, a discrepancy becomes visible. That's how gold is tested...in the fire. My snappy outburst was such a test, but did not have to lead to anyone leaving. If I left later on it was because there was no inquiry at all as to why I reacted the way I did, but only a display of sympathy for the person whom I had mistreated. So I felt abandoned by my own friends.

I want to make it clear that I stand by my earlier comments and actions, although I regret using the statement "there, I said it". The other stuff still stands. If it upset someone, please come back at me and ask me for further clarification, I'm no ogre.

The subject of slights is an interesting one, because coming from PurpleLama, who as far as I'm concerned has not been slighted here before, and therefore is not talking from personal experience but is talking on behalf of others, thus is taking on the role of either defense attorney, of a party he is identified with, or prosecution...as an accuser of my behavior.
    So there is nothing here in my imagination, this is real.

All of us are being challenged right now, equally, and while some are going within, looking for inner reserves, others are looking for help from the outside, and may get it in the neck from one of the spiritual zealots for doing that.

So lets all be careful what we say, and willing to keep the mind open for further dialogue. Personally in a setting where these matters are being discussed I am relieved to know that no one will now respond to me via a 3000 word quote from an ancient master, nor the upsetting image of a horse being beaten to death by a man wearing a top hat.
    There is plenty of room for all, but not too much time to respond to every slight or criticism, whether imagined or real.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), araucaria (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012)

19. Link to Post #20191
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Here and Now - I sense myself coming back in. I was in the strangest dream (but it was not a physical experience and was more about "there and then"). Prior to the dream I was... wow, I don't know. So I now go to the video camera. (See, I video myself each night when I sleep so that just in case I experience an abduction, I might capture it on tape - so far no luck and its been filmed now for over 2 months). I check the brain wave history log. I knew it - a whole stretch of three hours in a pure Delta wave state. I am certain that's when they get me. OK, satisfied I am ok, I go to the coffee machine and depress the on button and patiently begin my most horrid moments of each and every day - the in between stage between my waking state and that kick in from the first full cup of coffee.

The gentle, cool Costa Rican breeze wades through my bedroom. The chirps begin. An annoying bus's deceleration sounds like a low rumbling fart... "They gotta make a law against those things - make em pass some sort of noise test or stay off the road!" Ooops, did I make a mistake here? This is my first post in this thread and I am unsure if I am able to post about a thought.

Back to the physical. OK... slowly the coffee begins to kick in. I feel that tummy rumble that let's me know other physical events may soon occur. I hear a cricket. Light has overtaken darkness. Shower time soon.

Its nice this physical world. I am glad I get to experience it. Love to All Chester
    Last edited by Chester; 30th September 2012 at 12:20.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), amandapoet (30th September 2012), araucaria (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Flash (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), Nanoo Nanoo (30th September 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012)

21. Link to Post #20192
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Good Morning,

It rained all day yesterday, and it is raining this morning. Fitting, methinks. Rain is cleansing, and when it is finished the air is so clean. I am wearing a jacket this morning, a reminder of the coming relief from heat. MamaDog's belly is showing telltale signs of puppies, reminding me I need to get a box and a blanket for her. If I can help it, her puppies will be born in the warmth of the laundry room.

Every few minutes, the wind picks up and blows the rain hard against the house, and then it settles down again. Just like these energies that are rising and falling, swirling and beating and then becoming resolved.

I love you all,

Much Love,

13 members, 84 guests
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

amandapoet (30th September 2012), araucaria (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Chester (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), Mark (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), spiritwind (2nd October 2012), ulli (30th September 2012)

23. Link to Post #20193
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Good Morning, justoneman. There is something in the original guidelines of this thread that says, "anything that is going on." (or something to that effect.) I post under this umbrella

Much Love,
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

araucaria (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Chester (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012), ulli (30th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #20194
    Thanks

Quote Posted by justoneman (here)
    Here and Now - I sense myself coming back in. I was in the strangest dream (but it was not a physical experience and was more about "there and then"). Prior to the dream I was... wow, I don't know. So I now go to the video camera. (See, I video myself each night when I sleep so that just in case I experience an abduction, I might capture it on tape - so far no luck and its been filmed now for over 2 months). I check the brain wave history log. I knew it - a whole stretch of three hours in a pure Delta wave state. I am certain that's when they get me. OK, satisfied I am ok, I go to the coffee machine and depress the on button and patiently begin my most horrid moments of each and every day - the in between stage between my waking state and that kick in from the first full cup of coffee.

The gentle, cool Costa Rican breeze wades through my bedroom. The chirps begin. An annoying bus's deceleration sounds like a low rumbling fart... "They gotta make a law against those things - make em pass some sort of noise test or stay off the rod!" Ooops, did I make a mistake here? This is my first post in this thread and I am unsure if I am able to post about a thought.

Back to the physical. OK... slowly the coffee begins to kick in. I feel that tummy rumble that let's me know other physical events may soon occur. I hear a cricket. Light has overtaken darkness. Shower time soon.

Its nice this physical world. I am glad I get to experience it. Love to All Chester
    So glad you shared your morning coffee with us, Chester.
    I used to live in San Jose myself years ago, and know about that bus noise.
    Here is only river noise and bird songs.

You are more than welcome to share a thought here; in fact, the observation and reporting of one's own thoughts is even more precious than observing and reporting something seen on a TV screen, although that is considered cool as well.

Everything goes, just don't talk down to others, making them feel ignorant, or otherwise mess with their space.
    But I have read enough of your posts already to know you would never do such a thing. Please make yourself at home.
    Last edited by ulli; 30th September 2012 at 12:30.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), araucaria (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Chester (30th September 2012), dan33 (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #20195
    Thanks

The gentle, cool Costa Rican breeze wades through my bedroom. The chirps begin. An annoying bus's deceleration sounds like a low rumbling fart... "They gotta make a law against those things - make em pass some sort of noise test or stay off the road!" Ooops, did I make a mistake here? This is my first post in this thread and I am unsure if I am able to post about a thought.

Hi justoneman
    You don't like hypnagogia?! I find that state probably the most creative time of the day (apart from other sleepless hours). But maybe that's just me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), Chester (19th May 2017), Eram (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012)

29. Link to Post #20196
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Everything goes, just don't talk down to others, making them feel ignorant, or otherwise mess with their space..
    I am relieved to know that no one will now respond to me via a 3000 word quote from an ancient master, nor the upsetting image of a horse being beaten to death by a man wearing a top hat.

The subject of slights is an interesting one, because coming from PurpleLama, who as far as I'm concerned has not been slighted here before, and therefore is not talking from personal experience but is talking on behalf of others, thus is taking on the role of either defense attorney, of a party he is identified with, or prosecution...as an accuser of my behavior.

?

.... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), Belle (30th September 2012), Eram (30th September 2012), modwiz (30th September 2012), PurpleLama (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012)

31. Link to Post #20197
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

I am speaking from the heart, not being legalistic, as you're well aware.

I will bow out, for now.

32. Link to Post #20198
    Thanks

This one really needs to be clarified. Anyone can be right here in this Village and have a huge house, but before going into another Villager's house please do so with their permission.
    The homes in this Village are all over 3000 ft2.
    Clashes between people happen because someone had their space invaded by someone else.
    This can even happen intellectually, when it is felt that a question was intrusive into their rightful private space.
    Or if they had demands made upon them they didn't have the time nor means to respond to and a simple no is not enough for the invading person, who is then perceived as a predator.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012)

34. Link to Post #20199
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)

Hi justoneman
    You don't like hypnagogia?! I find that state probably the most creative time of the day (apart from other sleepless hours). But maybe that's just me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
    Actually YES... but I "thought" (a mistake I make all the time) that those experiences did not fall under the thread's guidelines so I left all that out. But I woke from a wild lucid dream... one of those where when you start to wake up you make yourself go back into that state so that you can resolve the dream's dilemma and guess what! I solved it this time (which used to be rare for me). Can we post about that stuff here? Not sure if that's ok. I will note that it is a wee bit annoying when the car population increases on the highway about 4 blocks away! But I will NEVER get tired of all these mountain views I see when I look to my right (which ois where my bedroom window is located in relation to where I sit when I type my jibber jabber).

Ulli - I really hope when I get past Football season that I could come visit over there where you live. I am now working 7 days a week, average 10 - 11 hours a day so its hard to get away. take care all... Chester

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

1inMany (30th September 2012), araucaria (30th September 2012), Caren (30th September 2012), RunningDeer (30th September 2012), Samsara (30th September 2012), Sierra (30th September 2012)

36. Link to Post #20200
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Boy did I just blunder down the wrong aisle. The nice lady up front said that beer is on aisle 8, but it must be on aisle 9. What's interesting though, is in turning the cart around because a big cleanup was in process, is that two friends of mine, Another Bob and Jenci, stand accused of purposely pulling pickle jars off the top shelf, and breaking them on the floor.

That sure doesn't sound like them, but I do understand how these mix ups can occur though. For example, just a couple of weeks ago, my dog was accused of depositing a #2 on a neighbor's front lawn. Upon further examination however, it turned out that the neighbor's own dog had slipped out of the house right around said time of the malicious offense. Hmmm. Eh, these things happen.

I'm atleast glad no one called the cops over this little incident, wouldn't that be silly?

Anyway, pardon the intrusion. Gotta go grab that beer, and pick out some nice looking spare ribs for tonight's big cookout. All the neighbors are invited, dogs included. That's just how we roll here, city boy out in the country.

Cheers All,
    Fred

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1010 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 10 510 910 960 1000 1010 1020 1060 1110 1510 2010 2703 LastLast