+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 2 52 92 102 112 152 202 602 1102 2703 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #2021
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    Here's a quote from an unknown author that applies to both men and women posted by Greg Braden on facebook:

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot
    Who calls you back when you hang up on him
    Who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat
    Or will stay awake just to watch you sleep
    Wait for the boy who kisses you forehead
    Who wnats to show you off when you are in your sweats
    Who holds your hand in front of his friends
    Who thinks you're just as pretty without make up on
    One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares
    And how lucky he is to have you
    The one who truns to his friends and says, that's her....

I once had a boyfriend like that for 7 years but my Karmic demons had another agenda where i was to meet the absolute opposite...

@ Transiten,
    I find most charts between a couple contain some polar opposites.
    My female clients all had some ex boyfriend who worshipped the ground they walked on,
    who was then discarded for a guy who really didn't deserve them.
    But I think it has to do not only with Karma, but with a higher divine plan to integrate opposites in this age.

Being very polarized not only helps the individuals to grow but also creates a "field" that makes the couple a dynamic factor with the community.
    It gives their children the challenge to build bridges instead of playing one parent against the other.
    My husband and I have our moons 180 degrees apart, mine in Taurus, his in Scorpio.
    We are hardly ever on the same page, emotionally.
    But his sun is right on my Venus (Sagittarius), we have nearly the same Leo Ascendant,
    my Mars/Mercury conjunction falls on his Venus in his 7th house, his Libra Jupiter trines my Uranus and sextiles my Venus...my Jupiter is exactly on his Mercury...
    so the positive outweighs the negative...
    Aha ulli! Leo Ascendant, that's obvious from your pic! Anyway forgot to tell you when i pressed the "Like" button for Greg Braden guess what number turned up? 2.222

Also Greg is the only one i've "met" apart from myself stating that feeling preceeds thought at least half of the time
    Last edited by transiten; 6th November 2011 at 14:39.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), modwiz (7th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), ulli (7th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #2022
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Wow. A couple of the girls here who were married to session musicians etc always have these great stories too and you just remind me of them. Funny and interesting gals they are! Also my dad was involved for a few years in the music industry so great stories there too.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), ulli (7th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #2023
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Also Greg is the only one i've "met" apart from myself stating that feeling preceeds thought at least half of the time
    There are several models about the positioning of thought versus emotion.

In Islam there is the model of the carriage, drawn by a horse, driven by a coachman and the occupant is the traveler.
    So the main character is the traveler (soul) as the other parts exist to give him a ride. (through life)
    The carriage is the body, the horse is the emotion, the coachman is the intellect.

The thing is, without the strength of the horse to pull the vehicle there would be no journey.
    It provides the fuel, energy.
    The coachman is high up, and can see where he needs to be going, as the traveler gave him the address, or destiny.
    He did not tell the horse.
    So that way everything is in it's place.
    All parts must be following their mandate. The coachman must take care of the horse and the coach, as well as remember his instructions which were provided by the traveler at the beginning of the journey.
    The horse only needs to pull and obey.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Carmody (7th November 2011), Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), modwiz (7th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), transiten (6th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #2024
    Thanks

Here's a quote from an unknown author that applies to both men and women posted by Greg Braden on facebook:

I once had a boyfriend like that for 7 years but my Karmic demons had another agenda where i was to meet the absolute opposite...

@ Transiten,
    My female clients all had some ex boyfriend who worshipped the ground they walked on,
    But I think it has to do not only with Karma, but with a higher divine plan to integrate opposites in this age.

Being very polarized not only helps the individuals to grow but also creates a "field" that makes the couple a dynamic factor with the community.
    It gives their children the challenge to build bridges instead of playing one parent against the other.
    My husband and I have our moons 180 degrees apart, mine in Taurus, his in Scorpio.
    But his sun is right on my Venus (Sagittarius), we have nearly the same Leo Ascendant,
    my Mars/Mercury conjunction falls on his Venus in his 7th house, his Libra Jupiter trines my Uranus and sextiles my Venus...my Jupiter is exactly on his Mercury...
    This is exactly why that EVERYTIME I hear a woman talk about how she "wants nice guys to treat her all right" and all that bullsh*t, I just roll my eyes.

Ladies, a woman talking about how she "wants nice guys" is like a guy coming up to you and saying "I like your shirt".

You just KNOW that it's all bullsh*t, and it's bad for ya.
    Last edited by Sierra; 6th November 2011 at 19:58.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Arthen For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), markoid (6th November 2011), modwiz (7th November 2011), ulli (7th November 2011)

9. Link to Post #2025
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by The Arthen (here)

@ Transiten,

This is exactly why that EVERYTIME I hear a woman talk about how she "wants nice guys to treat her all right" and all that bullsh*t, I just roll my eyes.

Ladies, a woman talking about how she "wants nice guys" is like a guy coming up to you and saying "I like your shirt".

Hello Arthen and welcome to our village.

Here we appreciate art as well as eggs, so you can fit right in.
    So you think having someone being nice is bad for you?
    I would say that depends. No one wants a doormat for a husband, I agree.
    But on the whole, if we look at people's expectations of one another
    we know that they can change from one moment to the next.

To me the bottom line is that one's home life should be fairly peaceful.
    The home is supposedly the refuge, the shelter, the cave, that protects us against the Great-Out-There.

If a guy is mistreating his woman to the point that she is longing for a "nicer" version something isn't quite right...
    she may just be whining, but always ends up being mistreated again and again.
    Maybe she had a rough childhood and from early on lived in a conflicted environment.
    Then she would have a need for that kind of drama just in order to feel more alive.
    The problem with that is that she might never tap into her real creativity,
    because seeking such drama becomes her main occupation.

Anyway, there are as many discontented women as there are men, and on both sides on that coin.
    I try to accept the lessons which my guy has to offer me...and I try to listen when he is annoyed at something.
    Not always easy. But I try to be understanding.
    After all, he has to put up with me as well.
    Last edited by ulli; 6th November 2011 at 15:34.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Carmody (7th November 2011), Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), Lisab (6th November 2011), Marianne (6th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), modwiz (7th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011)

11. Link to Post #2026
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Here and now, enjoying a cup of pomegranate green tea, in a pretty glass cup with my name etched on it... given to me by a former work friend in my other life (New Hampshire).

The sun comes in at a different angle now and is not as bright, but very lovely all the same. I am grateful for a sunshiny day.

The house is buzzing with men this morning! I love it. My brother Curtis is here with his step son, and my son came over too.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), Lisab (6th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), modwiz (7th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), ulli (6th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #2027
    Thanks

A quote from an unknown author that applies to both men and women

Arthen wrote:

Quote This is exactly why that EVERYTIME I hear a woman talk about how she "wants nice guys to treat her all right" and all that bullsh*t, I just roll my eyes.

I wrote: Arthen you must have missed the part above
    Last edited by Marianne; 6th November 2011 at 15:48. Reason: fixed quotes :)

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), ulli (6th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #2028
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Hello to everyone in this village..

'Here and now', I'm on my computer when I'm supposed to be doing the hoovering...again!
    ...just stopped by to say I think Arthen was just kidding...you know, a lol moment.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), Lisab (6th November 2011), Marianne (6th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), ulli (6th November 2011), ViralSpiral (7th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #2029
    Thanks

Arthen wrote:

Quote This is exactly why that EVERYTIME I hear a woman talk about how she "wants nice guys to treat her all right" and all that bullsh*t, I just roll my eyes.

Wahaha, i didn't miss that part - I just had to say it. Hahaha

You ladies are great, love you guys
    This is a signature.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Arthen For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), Lettherebelight (6th November 2011), Lisab (6th November 2011), Marianne (6th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), ulli (6th November 2011), ViralSpiral (7th November 2011)

19. Link to Post #2030
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The Arthen (here)

Arthen wrote:

Wahaha, i didn't miss that part - I just had to say it. Hahaha

You ladies are great, love you guys

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), Lisab (6th November 2011), Marianne (6th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), ulli (6th November 2011), ViralSpiral (7th November 2011)

21. Link to Post #2031
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

What did I miss? Standing in line at the market.. Heyoka wd b proud of this ludite.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), markoid (6th November 2011), Sierra (6th November 2011), ulli (7th November 2011)

23. Link to Post #2032
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)
    you know, a lol moment.
    Agh! You mean like a nyuk nyuk moment!

Lettherebelight, I am so sorry to have dragged you back here for nothing more than that! Nyuk nyuk!

Quote Posted by Marianne (here)
    What did I miss? Standing in line at the market.. Heyoka wd b proud of this ludite.
    Hey Toots,

A woman with a 16Gb iPod Nano and an iPhone4 does not a ludite make!

Who would have made such a rude remark to begin with anyway?

Onya Toots!

BTW: wd b............how very............um...........hip!

24. Link to Post #2033

Hi Village,

Raining here today suppose to turn to snow tonight making dinner.....

Lord Sidious has request some support and bumped a previous thread he created -asking the people in the Village to write a few encouraging words to keep the thread near the top or please say a silent prayer for him.

Great day in the Village

Nora

we are all related

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), Lettherebelight (7th November 2011), Marianne (7th November 2011), markoid (7th November 2011), modwiz (7th November 2011), ulli (7th November 2011)

26. Link to Post #2034
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Heyoka_11 (here)
    you know, a lol moment.

Lettherebelight, I am so sorry to have dragged you back here for nothing more than that! Nyuk nyuk!
    That's ok, Upside-down One, it's those 'nyuk nyuks' that keep me goin'!

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), Marianne (7th November 2011), markoid (7th November 2011), PurpleLama (7th November 2011), Sierra (7th November 2011), ulli (7th November 2011)

28. Link to Post #2035
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

you know, a lol moment.

That's ok, Upside-down One, it's those 'nyuk nyuks' that keep me goin'!
    That is so good to know, and so very kind of you to say so!

Best Wishes,

Tony (the inside-out one!)

Nyuk nyuk!

That may well be the winning vote in the next Village presidential election!

29. Link to Post #2036
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Isn't that coming up, november 8th?

Nyuk?

30. Link to Post #2037
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

It's cold in the Mountains, but my supply of wood has begun and the woodstove is keeping the farmhouse livable. I am up in my 3rd floor Tower with my space heater all nice and toasty. I miss my tent. 5 months and 3 weeks to go.

31. Link to Post #2038
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Isn't that coming up, november 8th?.............Nyuk?
    Oh man........hush! I was whispering up there, but now the cat's outa the bag!

So maybe Heyoka had best just officially launch his campaign to become the next village president................

Name:  wileecoyote.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  47.6 KB

Oh dear........I've a feeling that this is not going to go well for poor old Heyoka!

32. Link to Post #2039
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    It's cold in the Mountains, but my supply of wood has begun and the woodstove is keeping the farmhouse livable. I am up in my 3rd floor Tower with my space heater all nice and toasty. I miss my tent. 5 months and 3 weeks to go.
    I hope you're not complainin'...that sounds idyllic to me! Makes me think of Washington Irving- Rip van Winkle, etc. Sounds like there's some kind of energy there in the Catskills...

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Eram (18th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (7th November 2011), markoid (7th November 2011), modwiz (7th November 2011), Sierra (7th November 2011), ulli (7th November 2011), ViralSpiral (7th November 2011)

34. Link to Post #2040
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Question Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Sounds like there's some kind of energy there in the Catskills...
    And speaking of Cat Skills..............

Name:  cat skills.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  42.5 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 2 52 92 102 112 152 202 602 1102 2703 LastLast