+ Reply to Thread
Page 1020 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 20 520 920 970 1010 1020 1030 1070 1120 1520 2020 2703 LastLast
Results 20,381 to 20,400 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #20381
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by 1inMany (here)
    Truth is, no one that is/was not involved does not know the extent of what happened. We have a few posts that are public. That's it. We do not know any private history or any private exchanges or the lack thereof. We do not know what/why each person said/did not say/reacted/did not react and/or what each of those involved emotionally brought to that exchange.

I am not pretending it didn't happen, whatever "it" was, but I do not have the magic wand in this as I'm effected but not a principal. The only thing I know to do is to share what I have, here.

Much Love,
    Bump bump. You nailed it.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), araucaria (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

3. Link to Post #20382
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

http://newparadigmastrology.com/astr...tober-2012.php

Tom's thoughts on what October has instal for the collective.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Black Panther (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

5. Link to Post #20383
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

The fire sale.

Isn't it interesting how it got lost in the mix?

Conceptually and otherwise....just..gone?

How did that happen?
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), amandapoet (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

7. Link to Post #20384
    United States Avalon Member amandapoet's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 times in 120 posts

Very thankful this thread remained opened, just starting to get comfortable and reluctant to leave--I'll take the good, bad, the ugly and miraculous, just the way I love unconditionally the members of my family. There are going to be sometimes I'm not going to like them, sometimes I can't be around them or vice versa--- but I'm always going to love them.

Anyway, I attmepted to keep up with the thread as it was going through lightening posting rounds, and see the resilience in keeping this thread currently open as an opportunity to grow and transform as this thread has done from the beginning (based on what I have had the chance to read through being the newcomer I am.)

Cheers to paradigm shifts and the dynamics of virtual families--
    Amanda

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to amandapoet For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Eram (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

9. Link to Post #20385
    Thanks

Name:  Screen shot 2012-10-01 at 4.24.49 PM.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  21.7 KB

that there is some crazy sh!t...

I guess you just had to be there,
    or not.
    ~ Plato

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

11. Link to Post #20386
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Belle (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Each person must map their own next step.
    It cannot be done by others.
    The thing with forgiveness depends on dialogue between the parties involved.
    Anyone who thinks that I ought to run after the two people in question
    has not yet figured out that the are specific procedures.

So what if I were to ask bob to return? What about the others who felt that he had behaved wrong?
    This is a process that must start with him. If he shows any consideration at all
    and I still hold resentment then the burden is on me, isn't it?
    Then we can really start talking about the injustice done to him.

Please people, try to understand and get above your own emotional levels
    and sort the wheat from the chaff in your own thinking processes.
    All calls for unity, especially if one party is constantly demanding more than can be given,
    can only lead to more confusion and conflict.
    Wow, I was calmed down and overlooking much for the sake of peace in the village....until this post.

You are absolutely right, ulli. I have never even considered that there may be "specific procedures" to forgiveness.

And yes, by choice I, for one, am ruled by the heart (not emotion) much more than the mind...which is sharper than some may think (no need to go into IQ's now, is there?). Logic tells me that if the goal is reconciliation and forgiveness, then it doesn't matter who started what or who was right or wrong...it is more important to reach out than to allow some kind of false pride to stand in the way of the goal. Procedures be damned!

If the goal is to come out on top as tho' this was a competition, then by all means make them grovel...make them play by your rules. I wouldn't...but others might.

imo, you had an emotional, gut reaction to Jenci's post...feeling your position here was being threatened and going into defensive posture.... and are now trying to rationalize it all away. Fine. Do what you believe you must to protect your own self-image.

Having a hard time holding my Scorpio side back and needing to clear the bullsh!t. I'm amazed no one else has smelled it. Come on..."All calls for unity...can only lead to more confusion and conflict"? What kind of logic is that? Someone else could use sorting the "wheat from the chaff in your own thinking processes." I do not appreciate being patronized, especially by false logic.

If this post gets me banned from this thread, then so be it. One of my triggers has been pushed and I can no longer pretend the elephant in the room does not exist.

Sorry, Villagers...my inner bitch slipped out. I will put sweet, mundane Belle back on, blinders and all, and join others in pretending everything is fine.

The show is over. Please go back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Quote I'm amazed no one else has smelled it.
    I certainly smelled it as well Belle and I'm having a hard time too, to go on with business as usual.

When Ulli states that there is infinite space for all here, then that goes for challenging ones ideologies as well and no means of control should be used to regulate all this (banning people from the thread).

I have witnessed several posts where Ulli challenged ideologies and belief systems of others and if done with respect, this is no problem imo.

Jenci and Another Bob have used respect too as far as I can see.

Quote imo, you had an emotional, gut reaction to Jenci's post...feeling your position here was being threatened and going into defensive posture.... and are now trying to rationalize it all away.
    This is what I observe as well.
    And you know what? It is ok! We are all humans and nobody is perfect and I love Ulli no less,
    but sweeping this under the carpet and go on like nothing happened is not the way to go, if we want to feel safe here.

I think it is not best to get the mind past the problem in this case.

I would call for an official re-invitation to another bob and Jenci, as a statement that words have been said, but finally every one has come to their senses and things may return to normal.

This experiment is an alive entity that is bigger then the individual, but if individuals are sacrificed for the sake of it's purpose, then the entity itself looses all integrity.
    Last edited by Eram; 1st October 2012 at 07:27.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Fred Steeves (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), NancyV (1st October 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), Reinhard (1st October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012), write4change (1st October 2012)

13. Link to Post #20387
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    There is no way one can ever have unity without justice. And justice must be blind.
    No preferences.
    Injustice is imbalance, justice is balance.
    Right now my equilibrium is pretty shot, because people who would not look at the evidence came bursting in my door and threw rotten tomatoes at me.
    And yes, NancyV, if you haven't noticed why the thread became so long, I will tell you why.
    Up until now people on this thread have minded their manners and respected the non-written Village rules.
    One of which was no overt display of arrogance and haughtiness.
    So I take it those rules applied to all the villagers but not to you?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    I have been on this forum since it began and do not consider myself a "stranger". If you choose to consider that I am a stranger more power to you. So you are saying that it's the number of posts in this thread that makes one a villager or "stranger"? I see. I didn't realize that this was an exclusive club which considered other long time members to be "strangers". Thanks, Sierra, for helping me understand the REAL picture.
    I love you Nancy and thus I have to tell you, this just falls into the energy patterns that started this whole speedbump -- which namely is people having a propensity toward having their feelings hurt and responding to those feelings. Think about it -- it's the single disruptive energy that was here for all this, but it has a tendency to grow into other energies really fast.

I'm pretty sure no one really intended to hurt anyone here on this thread anywhere.

Now, let's get back to "Here and Now"

I just finished watching the video on the thread "****s going to hit the fan soon and here's proof!" -- I usually avoid videos with titles like that but this one sums everything up pretty quickly, and it still paints a bit of a doom and gloom, but does not hype it or glorify it. Better than I was expecting anyway.
    I love you too, DeDuk! Don't always have to agree with someone to love them.
    Come on Nancy, give it a rest; it must be very late in Vancouver People in the US were saying goodnight a couple of hours ago.
    You have it upside down with time Auracaria (can never be quite sure if I spelled that name right). It is early morning in Vancouver. Lots and lots of coffee.
    Ah Flash, you noticed my deliberate… mini pole shift I hope Nancy got my little joke, which is all it was. If I had any serious intent, it would be that it would be a sad day if we couldn’t give each other the time of day.

You don’t need a full-blooded pole shift for things to go briefly topsy-turvy. A total solar eclipse will do the trick. You have dusk gradually falling from the east, a brief night, and daylight returning from the west. Sunday was one of those days, the Goodnighters must have been having their breakfast.

Right now it is morning here, and no doubt late at night in Vancouver, so things have straightened out in time .

And yes, you got my name upside down (or back to front), I find this so upsetting, you won’t believe it.

At least I hope you won’t

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

15. Link to Post #20388
    Thanks

@Belle

Quote Having a hard time holding my Scorpio side back and needing to clear the bullsh!t.
    Ah, the Scorpio side! I occasionally see that from close range: the sudden glint in the eye, sometimes in mid-sentence, and the appropriate response – uh oh, fasten safety belts, turbulence ahead

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

17. Link to Post #20389
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    One of my reasons for choosing the name was that he had a colleague I was not so keen on, called… Atticus. He has another called Paul, but this was when the Pythonic Cow was still coming out of the closet
    Well ... not surprisingly this caught my eye .

I read all the way to the end of this thread, hoping for an explanation of what it meant (lordy, this has been a fast moving thread.) Though I saw a couple more references to it and a sort of explanation, I'm still mystified. Not surprisingly so ... I tend to the more literal minded nerd side of things, and would be lousy at cryptic puzzles.

So if I may ask ... can you translate?

Feel free to decline this request, or to remain (from my bovine perspective) cryptic. Do as you will.

Thanks.
    Hi Paul,

Paul is the pseudo of one of these crossword setters, that's all. I was talking about a time when you were just a mod in training, so it was perfectly irrelevant. But let me take this opportunity to thank you and the other mods for all the good work in making this forum what it is.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords...ic/25739/print

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

19. Link to Post #20390
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)

If a mod gets mad, I'll bop 'em one.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012), ViralSpiral (1st October 2012)

21. Link to Post #20391
    Thanks

Name:  Screen shot 2012-10-01 at 7.15.35 PM.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  20.2 KB

amazing
    ~ Plato

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), Calz (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012), ViralSpiral (1st October 2012)

23. Link to Post #20392
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    http://newparadigmastrology.com/astr...tober-2012.php

Tom's thoughts on what October has instal for the collective.

Thank you Astrid

You have opened my windows for me to see new perspectives with all that you share.
    As have others here too

The written word is often-times misinterpreted and I am guilty of projecting muddled thoughts. Still, I have so much fire in my belly, I might combust - so kindly indulge me as I try to diffuse myself……
    (its okay to skip as tldr *cough)*)

The article Astrid posted, promoted me to pick up the stolen torch, a la Prometheus style

So this month will present us with opportunities, which we may label as threatening, dangerous, unfair, or unreal. Situations, events, and people that challenge us to see our weaknesses, our faults, our projections, basically, our unconscious patterns that are buried so deep we cannot recognize them ourselves but need the objective, outside world to mirror them back to us. One response is the initial “NO, that’s not me/mine! That’s you/yours!”, quickly followed by the fight/flight response in an attempt to avoid it, ignore it, and hope it goes away so our lives will return to “normal” and we avoid the change. It will take all the courage of the spiritual warrior within us to remain in the depths of the inferno as our new self is getting forged by the fires of spirit (in this case – “the other”).

One of this earth incarnation's projects is injustice. My intense absorption in community building et al can, paradoxically, dominate my life. I care very deeply and tend to exclude ambiguity, taking care of the underdog thereby exposing (or projecting) my own vulnerability. When I see ambiguity its the red rag being waved in front of the bull. How can a person of moral integrity, compromise?
    Integrity being both mysterious and a leeeeeeeeeeedle ambiguous as its in the eyes of the beholder, nest pas? Perspective.

Hey, you try living in a vehicle fuelled by social 8 (enneagram) , Aqaurian with Moon in Gemini/Sun in Aquarius/Mars in Cancer/Uranus in Leo gasoline

Back to the article

The feelings of helplessness, powerlessness, futility, and despair will signal that we are facing old, deep wounds in ourselves, and in the collective that go back generations, even millennium, and are now to be seen, owned, opened, washed, and healed. The tendency to judge ourselves and the other will be one response to resist change, protect ourselves, and cower down in familiar childish patterns that blame and resent “the big bad world” for making our lives so hard. Seen in another light, it is an attempt to solve with the head, matters of the heart, to remain in the head and ignore the feelings which are where evolution truly occurs.

I do not resist change and am constantly working on healing wounds. The above paragraph was truly illuminating. Not new but with new eyes….

A second common response to self/life/security threatening situations and people is anger. It’s the big gun in our arsenal of defense mechanisms.

This is where I usually get good at polishing my pistol, and reloading.

We cannot truly separate what we hold anger toward, it is self-destructive in the end, as we know on a soul level the hurt/pain caused, the shame of remaining small and having alienated and distanced ourselves from a source of self-knowledge, understanding, and potential healing
    These energies, as present within the gestalt of our times, will continue to increase in vibrational frequency; much like the speeding up of molecules that make the temperature rise!

Yes, I see and feel it.

And so…. I resheath my pistol and wave to the man in the hat (bearing the word: integrity), trotting gently away on his mottled horse. "See ya, buddy"

In my next life I'd like to be one of Sierra's cats!!
    Thank you please

Last edited by ViralSpiral; 1st October 2012 at 10:02.
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), astrid (1st October 2012), Belle (1st October 2012), Calz (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

25. Link to Post #20393
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

This was a lesson for me. On the one hand, there is an unspoken barrier that we are all supposed to know is a line that should not be crossed in this safe place. On the other hand, comments invite responses. The responses come from a loving intention. The creation of the safe place comes from a loving intention.

The membership in the safe place is dependent upon each member's ability to know where that line is and their ability to honor that line.

Some of us may come upon the village, see it is there, and decide not to stop by.

Some may want to explore the village, even offer something to the village.

Some want to become a part of the village.

Some want to protect the village.

Some want to blow up the village.

I am glad the village is still here.

I am glad I get to stay.

I am glad to accept my own responsibility in honoring that ever moving invisible line I started to cross yesterday under the guise of standing up for friends but more because I was just in one of those moods.

Yes, I love New York... but yesterday afternoon and evening, I spent reading posts in this village and found myself glad I was not in New York.

Some sort of jay bird is squawking off in the distance as the steady rumble of the highway 500 meters to the north catches my attention. The mosquitoes must have found a more palatable food source this morning. Good things sometimes do happen.

Love to ALL
    Chester

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), amandapoet (1st October 2012), Calz (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Lettherebelight (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012), ViralSpiral (1st October 2012), write4change (1st October 2012)

27. Link to Post #20394
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    This is what I observe as well.
    And you know what? It is ok! We are all humans and nobody is perfect and I love Ulli no less,
    but sweeping this under the carpet and go on like nothing happened is not the way to go, if we want to feel safe here.

I think it is not best to get the mind past the problem in this case.

I would call for an official re-invitation to another bob and Jenci, as a statement that words have been said, but finally every one has come to their senses and things may return to normal.

This experiment is an alive entity that is bigger then the individual, but if individuals are sacrificed for the sake of it's purpose, then the entity itself looses all integrity.
    I am not a village elder, but I see this idea as a true example of taking the high road. A true example of the best form of self moderation. Very sound points Waky... in fact, many of your posts make me want to call you - WakyUppy.
    Last edited by Chester; 1st October 2012 at 12:53.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), amandapoet (1st October 2012), Calz (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012), ViralSpiral (1st October 2012), write4change (1st October 2012)

29. Link to Post #20395
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

Feeling very exposed and vunerable, I take full responsibility for my last post and sincerely apologize for any ill feelings such a post may have caused the Village, and especially ulli.

I cannot place blame on the energies...having learned to ground and redirect such energies for good purpose (thank you, Rocky, for the advice you gave me on another thread...it really does work). It is my lack of self-management and control that allowed me to prepare a post when I knew it would be better to step away from the computer...and submit the post instead of deleting it as a part of me so desperately wanted. Such is the struggle of one with Sun in Leo, Moon in Aquarius, Ascendent Scorpio with Mars in the ninth house....not an excuse, just revealing the two minds at odds in the one body and my failure to choose better.

I, too, have a very strong reaction to injustice and underdogs. It's been a life-long struggle deal with situations in which I perceive a perpetuator ending up being treated as a victim while the victims are expected to be strong enough to just forgive and forget. And yes, this is my own projection, having been in the position of being the stronger person myself so very many times as the perpetuator was protected and cared for and no one stood up for me.

Just once I would like to see justice for the real victims...Let me rephrase that...just once I would have appreciated the person who misunderstood and/or attacked me take responsibility for their actions with an admission of their part in creating the drama, bringing it all out in the open (lancing the wound, so to speak) that healing for all can occur. How many times I wished I could say, "I forgive your part, please forgive my part in this" that we both could come out of it stronger and more loving, with a deeper understanding of ourselves and others.

My own woundedness took precedence over my better judgment...I'm so sorry.

I would like to remain as part of the Village if you could find it in your hearts to forgive me. I can't promise that there will be no more outbursts...as WCBD says, we are all a work in process...and I have a lot more work to do. I sure can use all the help I can get.

30. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), amandapoet (1st October 2012), astrid (1st October 2012), Calz (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lettherebelight (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), pickle (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012), ViralSpiral (1st October 2012), write4change (1st October 2012)

31. Link to Post #20396
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

That's funny, Chester, I was coming here, just now, to suggest that the only requirements to be a "villager" be participation and self-moderation. In patience with each other and ourselves, the village will continue and be better than ever, IMHO.

32. Link to Post #20397
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

I do disagree, there should be no rules unspoken, no invisible lines to trap the unwary. This is not how we roll.

33. Link to Post #20398
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by justoneman (here)
    This was a lesson for me. On the one hand, there is an unspoken barrier that we are all supposed to know is a line that should not be crossed in this safe place. On the other hand, comments invite responses. The responses come from a loving intention.
    After the storm was well under way, I went back into the thread to try and understand how the heck the storm even started. I saw comments by jenci that seemed only to be heartfelt responses that had nothing but loving intent behind them. I then read reactions I did not understand but now accept that perhaps there was history and thus unless I knew the history, how could I understand?

Quote The creation of the safe place comes from a loving intention.
    This strange 48 or so hours is an example of why, perhaps, humanity is not yet visibly moving to a "next level" or "the next dimension" or "ascending" or whatever word we might want to describe our own hope and dream for humanity.

I saw my own failure in the process, played the beat myself up game (Sierra caught - thanks Sierra) but it still seems an opportunity here is perhaps being missed. I hope it is only just being delayed. Moonday... yeeeehaw!

Love to All Chester

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), astrid (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012), write4change (1st October 2012)

35. Link to Post #20399
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by another bob (here)
    Also, among the many fine considerations, I am acknowledging Jeanette's post above as well worth pondering.

Thank you all for your continued participation in this communal process!

Blessings!
    Great to see you again, Bob.
    I saw Jenci's post but didn't want to comment as it is for her to sort out herself if she is feeling at odds with the Village.
    But since you asked us to ponder:

I would feel at odds too, if I thought I needed to fix things by telling the fixers to stop fixing.

Jenci, relax, unconditional love is all over this thread, even amongst the healers and fixers.
    Trust in your Source. Go within. Don't worry about preaching to the lurkers.
    You are not here to start a movement.
    Jesus, as much as I love Buddhists, it's the Westerners who keep missing the point the Buddha wanted to make who need the whack of the One hand!
    There, I said it.

So up there is the culprit that started everything.
    (Or was it Jenci's earlier post? where she expressed that she did not like the way things were done in the Village)

The point I wanted to make is the bolded line. It shows where I had been triggered....
    In my obsessive need to find the answer, and I knew this was like a Zen koan.
    ..so my brain got short circuited, trying to find a solution to her dilemma and also realizing there could never be one, other than to take her own counsel, and not try and fix things.
    But I was also feeling it in my chest, knowing how many well intentioned healers we have here, who are already deeply connected with their Source. They did not need to be told by Jenci to do so. I identified with their dilemma, too, but still thought it better to leave it alone. So I did not respond.

Yet another bob could not leave it alone. He gave her post that extra push by reposting it.
    it was this push that made me come out with my opinion about it, which was admittedly expressed in an exasperated tone, but the point had to be made that we cannot go round telling others what is wrong with them. We have the option to leave. There can be no other way

Go within, do yourself, what you want to see others do. It never works to herd others into a certain direction, they are not sheeple, they are cats.
    They are sovereign individuals. That is the secret of this Village thread and why it has lasted so long.

When I came to Costa Rica 21 years ago I was at odds with Costa Rica and wanted to change every Costa Rican I met, and teach them about honesty.
    I failed miserably. I learnt that you cannot change a country, that you cannot change another person, that you can only change yourself. So in the end I did my homework.
    I went within, while living a quiet life.

The alternative is called preaching. Telling others how to be and what must be done is what all the clergymen of all the religions of the world are doing, and failing at.
    Sure they are finding adherents. And some even want to become clergy themselves.

But in the end the best way to find one's spiritual home is through independent research. The Internet provides lots of options, it is a labyrinth. Some get lost in there and others find the gold.

The Village has one rule, No one preaches at one another, no one goes around nitpicking.
    There is no such thing as constructive criticism here, nor censorship, only alternative solutions can be offered. In the spirit of love and mutual respect.

I have decided never to close the thread now.
    Unless it is temporary, when tanks start driving down Main Street, like yesterday.

But I won't risk my health by defending it again. Let everyone who loves the Village atmosphere remember the rule above. If they don't agree they can find or start another village.
    All is well.

P.S. all Marianne did was re emphasize that important rule.
    She was told she was beating a dead horse.
    The rest is history.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 1st October 2012 at 13:40.

36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (1st October 2012), astrid (1st October 2012), Belle (1st October 2012), Calz (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Flash (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012)

37. Link to Post #20400
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Good Morning,

Struggling to get a handle, keeping a firm grasp of my anchor with one hand while using the other to mundane chores. Rocky and Belle, please share what works for you in keeping a sense of sanity while energies are rockin' and rollin'!

Got one off to school, saved the other school from the human F-bomb. It is a challenge to remain an anchor myself, but I am giving it all I've got. Even when it doesn't feel like I am doing anything but standing and staring with my jaw on the floor, haha.

It is a beautiful, crisp morning. Nestled in the trees in northeastern Texas is quite a comfort. Though I don't connect with nature's energies the way some Villagers are gifted enough to do, I am aware of the gift of their energies and I love the protection of the trees. They are like having a much bigger comfy blanket

Ya know, I don't think there are Village rules, per se. I believe we have guidelines, and if you look at this part of the introduction maybe you can see what I mean:
    Quote Then came Project Avalon, and Bill Ryan's standards in civility made it to the Internet
    with a 95% balanced moderator team.
    And still, people were arguing about other people's speculations.
    A need for reporting reality (never mind how mundane) arose and I was prompted to start this thread.

To begin with the early posters shared those (never mind how mundane) moments of their lives...
    which resulted in the discovery that we all had more in common than expected.
    and somehow an intimacy developed.
    Intimacy means comfort, and comfort means warmth, and warmth means energy.

As this energy was being exchanged it grew and grew and people started to feel their own energy levels going up.

And this, my dear newcomers, is the point of this thread!
    You are all welcome to help yourselves here.
    Anything you wish to share is accepted, without judgment...
    We are a loving bunch.
    Please feel FREE and COZY in the Village.
    As they say in Costa Rica: Mi Casa es Tu Casa (which means in English 'my house is your house')

Or "Our Village is Your Village".
    It seems that the Village had grown and evolved by the time I arrived. It had gone from a place to simply state your reality to a place where the commonalities among those who stop by were magnified, and the different opinions were left to be discussed and debated in the forum at large. I guess I see it like this. While differences and samenesses (making up my own word there) become apparent in the forum at large, and while realizing this can be a catalyst for growth, the Village has become a place of comfort. What makes this comfort (and remember, as my signature says this is simply my truth) is the acceptance of each other and the blind support of each other. The blind support comes from not needing to agree with everyone in the Village, but it is more than a tolerance of differences. It is the honest and heartfeld ability to read another's post and appreciate where that is coming from.

If I may borrow a couple of pennies from you Dedukshyn, that's my 2 cents

Much Love,
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

amandapoet (1st October 2012), araucaria (1st October 2012), Caren (1st October 2012), Chester (1st October 2012), Lisab (1st October 2012), PurpleLama (1st October 2012), Rocky_Shorz (1st October 2012), RunningDeer (1st October 2012), Samsara (1st October 2012), Sierra (1st October 2012), ulli (1st October 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1020 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 20 520 920 970 1010 1020 1030 1070 1120 1520 2020 2703 LastLast