+ Reply to Thread
Page 1454 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 454 954 1354 1404 1444 1454 1464 1504 1554 1954 2454 2703 LastLast
Results 29,061 to 29,080 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #29061

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Smart-Bots in a bottle

The CDC after testing APeX refused to publish the results claiming the technology top secret -classified.

Nano-oxygenated Silver in a bottle is now available to the public as a health supplement.

Name:  BOTTLE2-50x156.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  3.5 KB

APeX UAP made it out of the trial-research stage and has gone global.

Read about the apexwars here http://apexuap.com/APEXWARS.html
    Book: Taking it to the Streets, by Bill Chastain and Bill Branson
    Home page http://apexuap.com/

Love

Nora
    Last edited by Guest; 15th March 2013 at 18:02.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Carmody (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), meeradas (15th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #29062
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,055 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I died last night...in my dream.

I don't remember ever dying in a dream before. I have had lucid dreams where I left my body and flew, and have had dreams/nightmares where something was happening that would have ended in death...but would awaken before the death scene. Not last night.

I got into a car along a busy highway, started it up and was trying to defrost the windows when a cop car, traveling at high speed on the wrong side of the road, came racing down the road towards me - and smashed into my car. My car spun around and flew the opposite direction from where I had been pointed, scraped along a concrete wall and hit a large pole. I (my spirit) must have then popped out of my body, as my viewpoint was instantly on the outside of the car, watching my body get ejected from the car. The pole then fell on my body.

One second later, I was with my daughter, and she could see and feel me. I held both of her hands and told her that I had just died in a car crash. She was pretty calm, but listening intently as I told her goodbye and how much I love her. Just then, my wife came in, worried, and said, "Your dad's car is outside and it's smashed!" I then realized my wife could not see me, but only saw our daughter holding her both of her hands out if front of her.

There were some real-world sounds in the house, and I awoke.

I laid in bed for a little while, thinking. I thought about the inadequacy of words in trying to convey a message of emotion. And I though about the fact that I am not ready to leave. I'm not done yet. I haven't accomplished what I came here to do (or at least try to do.)

Dennis
    Hey Dennis, your dream post described something very similar that happened to me in a dream. This was back in 2000 when I was at the university. I dreamed that I was lying on the floor in the house that I was renting at the time watching a black and white Shirley Temple movie. The door to the house had a large glass window and no curtain over it. Two friends, both girls, were watching the movie with me. All of a sudden a large white male dressed all in black leather with wet, stringing black hair approached the door. I felt a very ominous and frightening feeling as he stood there outside the door looking at me. I made one move, an effort to get up off the floor, and the man instantly opened the door, pulled out a gun, put it to my head, and blew my head off. I did not wake up but rather I floated up from my body and I could view the scene below me. The girls both starting screaming and I could see my body lying there dead. As the man began shooting the girls, the gun and the screams of the girls faded. The sound faded but I could still see the scene. I looked on with indifference, but I felt a strong feeling of sadness and despair as I began to think of my family and friends whom I would never see again. Slowly, that faded too as I exited the house and kept rising above the city. That's when I woke up. And that is the only time that I have died in my sleep, and stayed within the dream post mortem without waking up.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), PurpleLama (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

5. Link to Post #29063
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by Kraut (here)
    Quote Posted by 1inMany (here)
    That is a beautiful expression of your journey, kraut. I am not sure why you put the disclaimer that you are definitely not a writer. There is a writer in all of us. And you have just proven that, haha.

I don't know where you are with processing, but some people have found that in bridging from anything religious to anything more spiritual, that sin might actually be separation, our separation from Source. Just a thought... And, since I'm obviously forthcoming with lots of thoughts, here's another... The divine spark of which you speak... seems like the search without produces less than the search within. Imo.

Much Love,
    Thanks 1inMany. I tend to be very critical with what I do.

It took me a while to get used to the idea or truth that I have to look within, I continually have to remind myself of that. For a while I thought that my religion was wrong, but that there must be one that's more truthful, at that time I still viewed Christianity as "the way", it didn't take long though and I started dismantling that too. That was a low point for me, I had become friends with another exJW, an older guy who is very knowledgeable about the bible. We often exchanged e-mails. When he noticed that I was starting to question Christian doctrines and the bible he cut me off telling me that I may be lost beyond saving. It was sad to realize that many exJWs still hold on to the same dogmatism and his rejection was very harsh. Now I see that religion is not the way at all. Being in tune with Source is far more individual than most believe. The thought of personal sovereignty has become very important to me, but that wasn't easy to get used to after all this "God's sovereignty" programming for years.

Not sure myself where I am with processing, but I've gone through many phases in a very short time and feel much more steady now. Someone told me I was going through it at a very quick pace, but it wasn't conscious on my part, there's this drive in me and I still feel like I'm going too slow. Often I have this feeling that there is something specific I need to do here, but I don't know what.

Much love and peace to you too,
    -Kraut

The revelation and history of the Baha'i Faith is worth investigating. I'm not suggesting to join or practice it,
    just to know that here are prophecies to do with the system change this world is going through, and how to build a just society.
    Since it is an off-shoot of Islam, it gets misunderstood by many.
    Yet the liberal teachings which give women equal status were the main reason
    Bahai's were being tortured and killed to the tune of 20,000, incited by the Muslim clergy, until this day.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Carmody (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Kraut (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), PurpleLama (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

7. Link to Post #29064
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I have been living with a really bad smell in my kitchen -I knew something was BAD but I couldn't find it -three days later, the bad smell has been revealed- ASDA salmon portions -so disgusting i decided the dogs should have them so I microwaved them - that was a long time ago-LOL the moral of this story wait long enough and the truth will come to you.

8. Link to Post #29065
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Kraut and 1InMany... thank you for sharing those powerful stories.

At 17, I told my Catholic father I had had enough - after all those years and all those Catholic masses (every Sunday since I was an infant, and 6 days a week from 1st grade to 8th grade) I wasn't going to church again. He was furious. He said, "If you're going to live in this house, you're going to church." I said, "OK.", and walked away. He was surprised when I packed a backpack full of stuff and walked out.

(I'd like to say I stayed away, but I caved-in when my sister begged me to come home, "because it is destroying the family." I stayed for one more year, pretending to go to church at a different time than my dad.)

Not nearly as dramatic as your stories (especially 1InMany - holy sh!t!), but I do understand being born into oppressive and unwavering religious indoctrination.

Dennis
    i told my dad the same Dennis, but I was 8. The family would go to church every Sunday, often except him. We were living in a small village and it was not well seen not going to church. So my mom would force us, but she could not force my dad. The province of Quebec was as fanatic about catholicism then as Pentecotist are down Southern US now.

When I was 6, the nuns at school had told my sister and I, and the rest of the class, that people not going to church would die and go straight to hell. Therefore, my sister and I started praying for my father daily, because we loved him and wanted to avoid him hell.

I finally asked my mom if dad was a bad person. She asked why do I ask? I told her about the nuns discourse. The following dinner, we had a family discussion to understand the difference between good and bad, asking us what our hearts felt. When we answered, my parents told us that we should always follow our hearts, not what people say, that if our hearts felt my father as a good man, it was because he was, period.

No need to tell you that when I woke up on a Sunday morning at 8 years old, and told my dad I did not want to go to church anymore, there were no arguments. His answer was, ok, you don't want, therefore you don 't go anymore. My sister kept going for a while and then she stopped too.

That was really great.
    Quote Posted by Paula (here)
    I’m behind reading the posts.

Thank you, 1inMany. That was a powerful story! If there’s any bits of gunk left to release, I have no doubt that it’ll be quick like a tupperware burp!

I just saw the Catholic thing up there. I went to a Catholic Academy. Was going to become a nun until I learned that nuns don't do sports.

I was late in leaving the establishment at age 26. My ex-mother-in-law told me I couldn't receive communion because I was divorced. I asked then why haven't I been struck down? “Officially excommunicated,” I believe were her next words.

She said it was okay to go to church but I couldn’t receive communion. I told her that I was the same person before as after, so, I'll have no part of it. Her answer to that was, she'll pray for me.

I grew up Southern Baptist, it was a large part of our community. Reilly knows what I'm talking about. We joke today and call the church Six Flags Over Jesus. I think it was at age 13 or 14 that I stopped going. Thankfully, my parents weren't pushy about it. Since I was the youngest child and I quit going, my parents quit too. I think they were going to support me, and were probably glad not to go back once I quit. My wife's family is strictly Catholic, and so is my sister-in-law. We are seen as pariahs since we are the only ones that don't go to mass. I would always catch hell for not going to mass and I would be pestered to do so. Until I figured out something about Catholicism. I learned that you are not supposed to take communion if you are not Catholic. Well, that didn't seem very Christian to me. I couldn't imagine Christ himself turning me down because I wasn't adhering to a certain dogma. Anyway, every time I went to mass I would take communion. I wasn't doing it to piss anybody off, but I figured if I was going to church, I might as well take communion. Long story short, they stopped asking me to go because I would always take communion.
    Last edited by Playdo of Ataraxas; 15th March 2013 at 19:09.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

10. Link to Post #29066
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

And then you switched to Pringles.

Can't eat just one!

Apparently I'm the token heathen bastard among this bunch here in this thread.....
    Last edited by Carmody; 15th March 2013 at 19:20.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

12. Link to Post #29067
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,717 times in 8,943 posts

Quote Posted by Playdo of Ataraxas (here)
    Kraut and 1InMany... thank you for sharing those powerful stories.

At 17, I told my Catholic father I had had enough - after all those years and all those Catholic masses (every Sunday since I was an infant, and 6 days a week from 1st grade to 8th grade) I wasn't going to church again. He was furious. He said, "If you're going to live in this house, you're going to church." I said, "OK.", and walked away. He was surprised when I packed a backpack full of stuff and walked out.

(I'd like to say I stayed away, but I caved-in when my sister begged me to come home, "because it is destroying the family." I stayed for one more year, pretending to go to church at a different time than my dad.)

Not nearly as dramatic as your stories (especially 1InMany - holy sh!t!), but I do understand being born into oppressive and unwavering religious indoctrination.

Dennis
    i told my dad the same Dennis, but I was 8. The family would go to church every Sunday, often except him. We were living in a small village and it was not well seen not going to church. So my mom would force us, but she could not force my dad. The province of Quebec was as fanatic about catholicism then as Pentecotist are down Southern US now.

When I was 6, the nuns at school had told my sister and I, and the rest of the class, that people not going to church would die and go straight to hell. Therefore, my sister and I started praying for my father daily, because we loved him and wanted to avoid him hell.

I finally asked my mom if dad was a bad person. She asked why do I ask? I told her about the nuns discourse. The following dinner, we had a family discussion to understand the difference between good and bad, asking us what our hearts felt. When we answered, my parents told us that we should always follow our hearts, not what people say, that if our hearts felt my father as a good man, it was because he was, period.

No need to tell you that when I woke up on a Sunday morning at 8 years old, and told my dad I did not want to go to church anymore, there were no arguments. His answer was, ok, you don't want, therefore you don 't go anymore. My sister kept going for a while and then she stopped too.

That was really great.
    Quote Posted by Paula (here)
    I’m behind reading the posts.

Thank you, 1inMany. That was a powerful story! If there’s any bits of gunk left to release, I have no doubt that it’ll be quick like a tupperware burp!

I just saw the Catholic thing up there. I went to a Catholic Academy. Was going to become a nun until I learned that nuns don't do sports.

I was late in leaving the establishment at age 26. My ex-mother-in-law told me I couldn't receive communion because I was divorced. I asked then why haven't I been struck down? “Officially excommunicated,” I believe were her next words.

She said it was okay to go to church but I couldn’t receive communion. I told her that I was the same person before as after, so, I'll have no part of it. Her answer to that was, she'll pray for me.

I grew up Southern Baptist, it was a large part of our community. Reilly knows what I'm talking about. We joke today and call the church Six Flags Over Jesus. I think it was at age 13 or 14 that I stopped going. Thankfully, my parents weren't pushy about it. Since I was the youngest child and I quit going, my parents quit too. I think they were going to support me, and were probably glad not to go back once I quit. My wife's family is strictly Catholic, and so is my sister-in-law. We are seen as pariahs since we are the only ones that don't go to mass. I would always catch hell for not going to mass and I would be pestered to do so. Until I figured out something about Catholicism. I learned that you are not supposed to take communion if you are not Catholic. Well, that didn't seem very Christian to me. I couldn't imagine Christ himself turning me down because I wasn't adhering to a certain dogma. Anyway, every time I went to mass I would take communion. I wasn't doing it to piss anybody off, but I figured if I was going to church, I might as well take communion. Long story short, they stopped asking me to go because I would always take communion.
    Makes me think: a secretary working with me in the nineties was really annoyed by Jehovah Witnesses ringing her door and waking her up every Sunday morning for preaching. She came back a Monday morning at work all smily and tells me that she still had the JW at the door on Sunday morning but that this time she answered naked. It seems they turned away so fast that is was ridiculously funny calling her devil. She never saw hem again.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Kraut (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

14. Link to Post #29068
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

Can't eat just one!

Apparently I'm the token heathen bastard among this bunch here in this thread.....
    I do not know what is a heathen bastard, so I will just say you are our poor bastard....

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I may have been right after all Carmody

Quote "Heathen" redirects here. For other uses, see Heathen (disambiguation).

Heathen is from Old English hęšen "not Christian or Jewish" (c.f. Old Norse heišinn). Historically, the term was probably influenced by Gothic haiži "dwelling on the heath", appearing as haižno in Ulfilas' bible as "gentile woman" (translating the "Hellene" in Mark 7:26). This translation was probably influenced by Latin paganus, "country dweller", or it was chosen because of its similarity to the Greek ἐθνικός ethnikos, "gentile". It has even been suggested that Gothic haiži is not related to "heath" at all, but rather a loan from Armenian hethanos, itself loaned from Greek ἔθνος ethnos.
    Terminology
    Further information: Idolatry, Polytheism, and Ethnic religion

Both "pagan" and "heathen" have historically been used as a pejorative by adherents of monotheistic religions such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam to indicate a disbeliever in their religion; although in modern times it is not always used as a pejorative.[13] "Paganism" frequently refers to the religions of classical antiquity, most notably Greek mythology or Roman religion; and can be used neutrally or admiringly by those who refer to those complexes of belief. However, until the rise of Romanticism and the general acceptance of freedom of religion in Western civilization, "paganism" was almost always used disparagingly of heterodox beliefs falling outside the established political framework of the Christian Church.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathen#Heathen

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), araucaria (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

16. Link to Post #29069
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Can't eat just one!

If you're talking about consuming the wrong stuff, Carmody, I'm with you

But I did hear there was something deadful in Pringles can't remember what

Edit: don't panic, I meant dreadful
    Last edited by araucaria; 15th March 2013 at 20:20.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

18. Link to Post #29070
    Thanks

Can't eat just one!

And some people prefer hot cheetos and takis:

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013)

20. Link to Post #29071
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)

Can't eat just one!

Oh no! From the anal glands of which animal are the natural flavors of Pringles derived? I told my dad about Castoreum and he told me to shut the &$%# up! Apparently, he really loves raspberry yogurt.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Playdo of Ataraxas For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), PurpleLama (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

22. Link to Post #29072

There are a lot of dreadful somethings in Pringles....

as Modwiz would say "don't drink the Kool-Aid."

Love

Nora

I think someone needs to redefine their idea of "civilized"

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), araucaria (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

24. Link to Post #29073
    Thanks

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    Anybody know about any significant objects on the east coast last night. This picture was posted on one of V's FB friend's page, saying it was a comet he was seeing now. He lives in New Jersey, and the comments indicated he had just taken it (which kinda coincided with one of her dizzy spells)

I am eagerly awaiting her questions to him on how he knows it was a comet and how he managed to capture it in a photo (aren't they pretty fast, and usually even anticipated?), anyway it is a pretty awesome shot:

Missed this 15 hours/pages ago. That certainly looks like a comet - the tail makes it look like Super Mario playing tennis.
    A propos, played my best ever game last night. I usually put away a couple of impossible shots, as proof that there is an element of skill here, but last night was crazy, too many things happened that shouldn't have. Sport is generally decried on this forum, but it can be another way of producing disbelief (and possibly disgust) with in-your-face evidence of paranormal goings-on.

On another subject, I mentioned a while back a nephew who had psychiatric problems. Excellent news to report: he seems very much better, after a couple of weeks at home during the day, and now on reduced meds and soon home for good. Recognizes his previous condition and is grateful to everyone for their timely intervention.

So many thanks to all on this thread who had a (not so) small part in this

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), donk (15th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), william r sanford72 (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

26. Link to Post #29074
    Thanks

Can't eat just one!

Oh no! From the anal glands of which animal are the natural flavors of Pringles derived? I told my dad about Castoreum and he told me to shut the &$%# up! Apparently, he really loves raspberry yogurt.
    I don't know, it's worsse than this:

http://io9.com/5851487/how-are-pringles-made

I found out a while back, so it's not shavings of Rumanian horses' hooves either, but it certainly put me off ...

Edit: I read the story of the neurologist who survived a 7 day coma with no brain functions, basically because it wasn't his time. So I reckon a few pringles or whatever are not going to get us out of Dodge until we're done...
    Last edited by araucaria; 15th March 2013 at 20:25.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013)

28. Link to Post #29075
    Thanks

I was ready to jump bandwagon and become heathen by changing my catholic blood and flesh (wine and hostie) eating habits for something tastier, with you guys.

But I read this:

Quote The Pringles Company (in an effort to avoid taxes levied against "luxury foods" like chips in the UK) once even argued that the potato content of their chips was so low that they are technically not even potato chips.

So if they're not made of potatoes, what are they exactly?

The process begins with a slurry of rice, wheat, corn, and potato flakes that are pressed into shape.

This dough-like substance is then rolled out into an ultra-thin sheet cut into chip-cookies by a machine.

According to io9:

"The chips move forward on a conveyor belt until they're pressed onto molds, which give them the curve that makes them fit into one another.

Those molds move through boiling oil ... Then they're blown dry, sprayed with powdered flavors, and at last, flipped onto a slower-moving conveyor belt in a way that allows them to stack.

From then on, it's into the cans ... and off towards the innocent mouths of the consumers."

I suspect nearly everyone reading this likely enjoys the taste of potato chips. However, they are clearly one of the most toxic processed foods you can eat—whether they're made from actual potato shavings or not.

Potato Chips are Loaded with Cancer-Causing Chemical

One of the most hazardous ingredients in potato chips is not intentionally added, but rather is a byproduct of the processing.

Acrylamide, a cancer-causing and potentially neurotoxic chemical, is created when carbohydrate-rich foods are cooked at high temperatures, whether baked, fried, roasted or toasted. Some of the worst offenders include potato chips and French fries, but many foods cooked or processed at temperatures above 212°F (100°C) may contain acrylamide. As a general rule, the chemical is formed when food is heated enough to produce a fairly dry and brown/yellow surface. Hence, it can be found in:

Potatoes: chips, French fries and other roasted or fried potato foods
    Grains: bread crust, toast, crisp bread, roasted breakfast cereals and various processed snacks
    Coffee; roasted coffee beans and ground coffee powder. Surprisingly, coffee substitutes based on chicory actually contains 2-3 times MORE acrylamide than real coffee

How Much Acrylamide are You Consuming?

The federal limit for acrylamide in drinking water is 0.5 parts per billion, or about 0.12 micrograms in an eight-ounce glass of water. However, a six-ounce serving of French fries can contain 60 micrograms of acrylamide, or about FIVE HUNDRED times over the allowable limit.

Similarly, potato chips are notoriously high in this dangerous chemical. So high, in fact, that in 2005 the state of California actually sued potato chip makers for failing to warn California consumers about the health risks of acrylamide in their products. A settlement was reached in 2008 when Frito-Lay and several other potato chip makers agreed to reduce the acrylamide levels in their chips to 275 parts per billion (ppb) by 2011, which is low enough to avoid needing a cancer warning label.

The 2005 report "How Potato Chips Stack Up: Levels of Cancer-Causing Acrylamide in Popular Brands of Potato Chips," issued by the California-based Environmental Law Foundation (ELF), spelled out the dangers of this popular snack. Their analysis found that all potato chip products tested exceeded the legal limit of acrylamide by a minimum of 39 times, and as much as 910 times! Some of the worst offenders at that time included:

Cape Cod Robust Russet: 910 times the legal limit of acrylamide
    Kettle Chips (lightly salted): 505 times
    Kettle Chips (honey dijon): 495 times

Beware: Baked Chips May Be WORSE than Fried!http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-are-made.aspx
    In my idea, still not as bad as Castoreum (the um ending must betray what it is)

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Lisab (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

30. Link to Post #29076
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 times in 176 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    The revelation and history of the Baha'i Faith is worth investigating. I'm not suggesting to join or practice it,
    just to know that here are prophecies to do with the system change this world is going through, and how to build a just society.
    Since it is an off-shoot of Islam, it gets misunderstood by many.
    Yet the liberal teachings which give women equal status were the main reason
    Bahai's were being tortured and killed to the tune of 20,000, incited by the Muslim clergy, until this day.
    Interesting, I'll look into it. Expanding my horizon is always good. Danke.

Makes me think: a secretary working with me in the nineties was really annoyed by Jehovah Witnesses ringing her door and waking her up every Sunday morning for preaching. She came back a Monday morning at work all smily and tells me that she still had the JW at the door on Sunday morning but that this time she answered naked. It seems they turned away so fast that is was ridiculously funny calling her devil. She never saw hem again.
    Sounds like they couldn't stand being in the presence of such beauty. No sackcloth for the sinners.
    My field of expertise is not knowing anything.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kraut For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

32. Link to Post #29077
    Thanks

Can't eat just one!

I do not know what is a heathen bastard, so I will just say you are our poor bastard....

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I may have been right after all Carmody

Quote "Heathen" redirects here. For other uses, see Heathen (disambiguation).

Heathen is from Old English hęšen "not Christian or Jewish" (c.f. Old Norse heišinn). Historically, the term was probably influenced by Gothic haiži "dwelling on the heath", appearing as haižno in Ulfilas' bible as "gentile woman" (translating the "Hellene" in Mark 7:26). This translation was probably influenced by Latin paganus, "country dweller", or it was chosen because of its similarity to the Greek ἐθνικός ethnikos, "gentile". It has even been suggested that Gothic haiži is not related to "heath" at all, but rather a loan from Armenian hethanos, itself loaned from Greek ἔθνος ethnos.
    Terminology
    Further information: Idolatry, Polytheism, and Ethnic religion

Both "pagan" and "heathen" have historically been used as a pejorative by adherents of monotheistic religions such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam to indicate a disbeliever in their religion; although in modern times it is not always used as a pejorative.[13] "Paganism" frequently refers to the religions of classical antiquity, most notably Greek mythology or Roman religion; and can be used neutrally or admiringly by those who refer to those complexes of belief. However, until the rise of Romanticism and the general acceptance of freedom of religion in Western civilization, "paganism" was almost always used disparagingly of heterodox beliefs falling outside the established political framework of the Christian Church.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathen#Heathen
    The Greeks had their barbarians, and the Athenians their Boeotians, all it means is the people next door.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

34. Link to Post #29078
    Thanks

I just learned that I had one of those distance taking usage electric meters on my house for more than two years. They still had to have the guy come in the street to collect, but is was a distance meter. I can't believe it.

They now want to install the new one that emits every fifteen minutes. If I opt out (at least i do have a choice) they will have a manual meter installed, but I will have to pay 95$ for installation and 209$ a year for service of the meter.

I would really like to know what this kind of meter truly does to human without having all the panicky people throwing tons of data to me. The hydro electric company says that is does not emit more than a wi=fi in the home. And it is 10 times below actual regulations. I wonder if it emits anything else.

I was asking the Electrical company why taking data every fifteen minutes, this is ludicrous. The agent could not answer.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), Playdo of Ataraxas (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), william r sanford72 (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

36. Link to Post #29079
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 times in 2,841 posts

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    Anybody know about any significant objects on the east coast last night. This picture was posted on one of V's FB friend's page, saying it was a comet he was seeing now. He lives in New Jersey, and the comments indicated he had just taken it (which kinda coincided with one of her dizzy spells)

I am eagerly awaiting her questions to him on how he knows it was a comet and how he managed to capture it in a photo (aren't they pretty fast, and usually even anticipated?), anyway it is a pretty awesome shot:

Missed this 15 hours/pages ago. That certainly looks like a comet - the tail makes it look like Super Mario playing tennis.
    A propos, played my best ever game last night. I usually put away a couple of impossible shots, as proof that there is an element of skill here, but last night was crazy, too many things happened that shouldn't have. Sport is generally decried on this forum, but it can be another way of producing disbelief (and possibly disgust) with in-your-face evidence of paranormal goings-on.

On another subject, I mentioned a while back a nephew who had psychiatric problems. Excellent news to report: he seems very much better, after a couple of weeks at home during the day, and now on reduced meds and soon home for good. Recognizes his previous condition and is grateful to everyone for their timely intervention.

So many thanks to all on this thread who had a (not so) small part in this
    seen comet here last night around 11.30 12.00..very large. woke up did chores and come back on line to see if any body else out there seen it. one site of several i checked confirmed what i saw. the site was www.lunarmeteoritehunter.com i cant download sites or files.but it was confirmed and it was one of bigger ones ive seen over the years. in this part of the usa anyways.IOWA.
    Last edited by william r sanford72; 15th March 2013 at 20:54.

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

1inMany (15th March 2013), araucaria (15th March 2013), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2013), donk (15th March 2013), Flash (15th March 2013), RunningDeer (15th March 2013), Samsara (15th March 2013), spiritwind (16th March 2013), ulli (15th March 2013), yukondiva (15th March 2013)

38. Link to Post #29080

Can't eat just one!

A family member told me they were taking a Raspberry diet supplement to lose weight. I said to them make sure it doesn't have Castoreum in it. They ran to the bathroom and got sick after I told them it was from the anal gland of beavers. They threw the bottle away.

Love

Nora

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1454 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 454 954 1354 1404 1444 1454 1464 1504 1554 1954 2454 2703 LastLast