+ Reply to Thread
Page 1508 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 508 1008 1408 1458 1498 1508 1518 1558 1608 2008 2508 2703 LastLast
Results 30,141 to 30,160 of 54046

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #30141
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

The scream of metal, is the scream of 'stop!' I must find my own control, my own voice.

The problem is that it can continue in the vein of being the steamrolling ego monkey eating all in it's path. To find the balance of shutting it down in the self when it has brought about the state that it is intended for. The ability to have a voice. To put down that stick of extremes and find one that is less destructive. To not be the reflection of the reason for the rebellion as a form of rolling thunder.... that is ultimately as negative as the thing rebelled against.

The very point of metal, one might say. to find the sword, the space, the place in the self and bring it up to match the load on the self. But go no further in that direction.

The trick is to know that is it's point. Then, to not live it anymore. To find the way past it. To not remain in the projection of force as a method and way.

Some continue the quest, they don't get trapped in the moment.

As one commenter for the short little 'song' said:

I would like to give everything I have for only 30 more seconds of this song.

I don't romanticize my past. I recall it when necessary... and shed it's cloak, as the step, the period of being - that it is.
    Last edited by Carmody; 13th April 2013 at 18:38.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (14th April 2013), eaglespirit (13th April 2013), Melinda (13th April 2013), Michelle Marie (14th April 2013), Reirrac (17th April 2013), Samsara (13th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), ulli (13th April 2013)

3. Link to Post #30142
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Are we there yet?

Ohhh Yaaaaa...We're Here and Now : )

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (14th April 2013), Melinda (13th April 2013), Michelle Marie (14th April 2013), Reirrac (17th April 2013), RunningDeer (14th April 2013), Samsara (13th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), ulli (13th April 2013)

5. Link to Post #30143
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

The basic nature of what you call the ego monkey is all about mechanical, repetitive behavior.
    Nothing other than a desire for something better can replace that.
    Only when one becomes sufficiently disgusted with other people's ego monkey is there even a chance of noticing that one might have one, too.
    Even then, for the majority this means becoming more tolerant of other people's ego monkey, rather than go actively out of one's way to change all that.

Anyone who wants to start on that narrow uphill climb (worth it in the end)
    might like to look at this list, which comes from a book by Sheldon Kopp
    called 'If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kim Him."

An Eschatological Laundry List

1. This is it.
    2. There are no hidden meanings.
    3. You can't get there from here, and besides there is no place to go.
    4. We are already dying, and we'll be dead a long time.
    5. Nothing lasts!
    6. There is no way of getting all you want.
    7. You can't have anything unless you let go of it.
    8. You only get to keep what you give away.
    9. There is no particular reason why you lost out on some things.
    10. The world is not necessarily just. Being good often does not pay off and there's no compensation for misfortune.
    11. You have the responsibility to do your best nonetheless.
    12. It's a random universe to which we bring meaning.
    13. You really don't control anything.
    14. You can't make anyone love you.
    15. No one is any stronger or any weaker than anyone else.
    16. Everyone is, in his own way, vulnerable.
    17. There are no great men.
    18. If you have a hero, look again; you have diminished yourself in some way.
    19. Everyone lies, cheats, pretends. (yes, you too, and most certainly myself.)
    20. All evil is potentially vitality in need of transformation.
    21. All of you is worth something if you will only own it.
    22. Progress is an illusion.
    23. Evil can be displaced but never eradicated, as all solutions breed new problems.
    24. Yet it is necessary to keep struggling toward solution.
    25. Childhood is a nightmare.
    26. But it is so very hard to be an on-your-own, take-care-of-yourself-cause-there-is-no-one-else-to-do-it-for-you grown-up.
    27. Each of us is ultimately alone.
    28. The most important things each man must do for himself.
    29. Love is not enough, but it sure helps.
    30. We have only ourselves, and one another. That may not be much, but that's all there is.
    31. How strange, that so often, it all seems worth it.
    32. We must live within the ambiguity of partial freedom, partial power, and partial knowledge.
    33. All important decisions must be made on the basis of insufficient data.
    34. Yet we are responsible for everything we do.
    35. No excuses will be accepted.
    36. You can run, but you can't hide.
    37. It is most important to run out of scapegoats.
    38. We must learn the power of living with our helplessness.
    39. The only victory lies is in surrender to oneself.
    40. All of the significant battles are waged within the self.
    41. You are free to do whatever you like. You need only face the consequences.
    42. What do you know for sure...anyway?
    43. Learn to forgive yourself, again and again and again and again.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (14th April 2013), Carmody (14th April 2013), donk (15th April 2013), eaglespirit (13th April 2013), Flash (14th April 2013), Lefty Dave (14th April 2013), Melinda (13th April 2013), Michelle Marie (14th April 2013), Muzz (15th April 2013), RunningDeer (14th April 2013), Samsara (13th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), Wind (14th April 2013), yukondiva (13th April 2013)

7. Link to Post #30144
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (14th April 2013), Lefty Dave (14th April 2013), Marianne (14th April 2013), Michelle Marie (14th April 2013), RunningDeer (14th April 2013), Samsara (13th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013)

9. Link to Post #30145
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

So my brother just texted me this:

The northern lights of the aurora are suppose to be visible to you guys tonight in about a half hour

And last night people in my area were texting about seeing "3 moons".

10. Link to Post #30146
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by eaglespirit (here)

L,
    p'er

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (14th April 2013), eaglespirit (14th April 2013), Flash (14th April 2013), Michelle Marie (14th April 2013), Samsara (14th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013)

12. Link to Post #30147
    Thanks

Looks like the computer mouse will soon be obsolete. Your eyes can now be tracked and can move the cursor.

http://www.bitrebels.com/technology/...ssory-startup/

The mouse has long been the primary device with which we interact with our computers – the mouse, and of course the keyboard itself. But with new technology comes new opportunities to further increase our interaction with the computer, and at the same time, make it a whole lot more relaxed. There have been countless numbers of people who have gotten injuries from using a mouse. A far better solution would be to let an eye-tracking device help us move the cursor on the screen.

That is at least what the people over at 4tiitoo in Munich, Germany think. They have been working on eye-tracking devices for over 2 years, and they finally managed to find a solution that we can all afford and use. It’s a kind of Kinect accessory, that with the help of advanced algorithms, helps the Kinect track your eyes and convert them into cursor understandable data such as x and y movements. It then feeds the computer this data which enables you to move the mouse cursor on the screen by just using your eyes.

It sounds almost too good to be true, but the technology works, and it could mean a huge upgrade from the old computer mouse. Not only that, but this eye-tracking solution will actually prevent injuries from using a mouse, which is something I am sure will mean a lot for people with mouse arm injuries that prevent them from using a computer at all.

The eyeCharm (as it is dubbed) eye-tracking Kinect accessory is a stratup project looking for funding through Kickstarter to enter the final stages of production and promotion. The startup is looking to raise $100,000 within 27 days, and by the looks of things it doesn’t seem impossible. By pledging just $50.00, you will get the eyeCharm, the accompanying apps and the SDK in order to create your own apps and functions. If this product takes off, we could be looking at a whole new revolution where we’ll use our eyes to interact with our computers instead of our mice. The question is whether or not we are ready to make the switch yet. What is your opinion?

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (14th April 2013), eaglespirit (14th April 2013), Flash (14th April 2013), Michelle Marie (14th April 2013), Samsara (14th April 2013), sheme (14th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013)

14. Link to Post #30148
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

More wifi no thanks- The eyes the window to the soul.

15. Link to Post #30149
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,107 times in 577 posts

It must be spring because I'm shedding like crazy.... LOL!

It is time for me to get ready for the fiesta. We're celebrating my grandson's 6th birthday today! It's a good day!

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Samsara For This Post:

1inMany (14th April 2013), eaglespirit (14th April 2013), Flash (14th April 2013), Marianne (14th April 2013), Michelle Marie (14th April 2013), Muzz (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), ulli (14th April 2013)

17. Link to Post #30150
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Looks like the computer mouse will soon be obsolete. Your eyes can now be tracked and can move the cursor.

http://www.bitrebels.com/technology/...ssory-startup/

The mouse has long been the primary device with which we interact with our computers – the mouse, and of course the keyboard itself. But with new technology comes new opportunities to further increase our interaction with the computer, and at the same time, make it a whole lot more relaxed. There have been countless numbers of people who have gotten injuries from using a mouse. A far better solution would be to let an eye-tracking device help us move the cursor on the screen.

That is at least what the people over at 4tiitoo in Munich, Germany think. They have been working on eye-tracking devices for over 2 years, and they finally managed to find a solution that we can all afford and use. It’s a kind of Kinect accessory, that with the help of advanced algorithms, helps the Kinect track your eyes and convert them into cursor understandable data such as x and y movements. It then feeds the computer this data which enables you to move the mouse cursor on the screen by just using your eyes.

It sounds almost too good to be true, but the technology works, and it could mean a huge upgrade from the old computer mouse. Not only that, but this eye-tracking solution will actually prevent injuries from using a mouse, which is something I am sure will mean a lot for people with mouse arm injuries that prevent them from using a computer at all.

The eyeCharm (as it is dubbed) eye-tracking Kinect accessory is a stratup project looking for funding through Kickstarter to enter the final stages of production and promotion. The startup is looking to raise $100,000 within 27 days, and by the looks of things it doesn’t seem impossible. By pledging just $50.00, you will get the eyeCharm, the accompanying apps and the SDK in order to create your own apps and functions. If this product takes off, we could be looking at a whole new revolution where we’ll use our eyes to interact with our computers instead of our mice. The question is whether or not we are ready to make the switch yet. What is your opinion?
    LOL Mouse related injuries. I'm cracking up!!!

Oh how dangerous!!!

I've taught computer classes for decades and never have I witnessed a mouse-related injury.
    Ok, some people have had to deal with carpal tunnel syndrome, but that's rectified with proper ergonomics.

What I HAVE witnessed is pixel triggered seizures - eye-brain discognizence. A grand mal seizure occurred right on the floor of my classroom.

This is a ridiculous premise from my perspective.

Even though my education and career revolve heavily around technology, I still think it can be thought of as training wheels. WE are the technology.

My Inner Net is my Life's safety net. If I can't get online, I go inline and feel the connection. I know our telepathic skills are being reactivated. We are supporting each other energetically - prompted by our communication on this forum.

If the lights went out tomorrow, we'd still be connected.

If this technology is backed by pure intent to go good, it may be helpful for awhile.
    If this is another attempt to usurp Spiritual power, woe to the ignorant attemptor.

I intend to know the whole Truth around this. If I get any intuitive impressions I'll let you know.

Until then, I'm going to laugh as my imagination takes me on different scenario trips of how dangerous the mouse is!

Lotsa laughs,
    Michelle Marie
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 14th April 2013 at 18:06.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

eaglespirit (14th April 2013), Flash (14th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), ulli (14th April 2013)

19. Link to Post #30151
    Thanks

Lots of funnies here from Jon Stewart
    Let's see if he can finish Monsanto off.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

eaglespirit (14th April 2013), Flash (14th April 2013), meeradas (15th April 2013), Michelle Marie (14th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013)

21. Link to Post #30152
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Michelle marie, my question is why don't they use the eye tracking for learning speed reading instead, it would be very useful for this but hey... we would be developing more of our visual and mental abilities this way

I am presently in a professional studio having my daughter songs taped and arranged for future contest. Her voice is ok but her compo are quite nice. A real experience for me more than for her

Hum.... Interesting life adventure. It is a very difficult time for her at the moment. Hopefully this will change her mind a little.

All her pain from a difficult start in life are surfacing. Full of sadness she does not quite understand and the desire to die is there. Ouf
    Last edited by Flash; 15th April 2013 at 01:38.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Carmody (15th April 2013), donk (15th April 2013), eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Marianne (15th April 2013), Michelle Marie (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013)

23. Link to Post #30153
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Michelle marie, my question is why don't they use the eye tracking for learning speed reading instead,it would be very useful for this but hey we would be developping more of our visual and mental abilities this way

I am presently in a pro studio having my daughter songs tape and arranged for futur contest. Her voice is ok but her compo are quite nice. A real experience for me more than for her

Hum.... Interesting life adventure. It is a very difficult time for her at the moment. Hopefully this will change her mind a little.
    All her pain from a difficult start are surfacing. Full of sadness she does not quite understand and the desire to die is there. Ouf
    Hello! I really don't know anything or have any experience regarding eye tracking for learning speed reading. I'd put more emphasis on comprehension, though, rather than speed.

How old is your daughter? I love working with old souls in young bodies. Her pain is her gift. What is revealed in the energy when she processes it adeptly with her soul, will lead her to her life's mission.

I'd like to put it out there that we hold the immaculate vision of her soul's perfect expression. She will be in Joy.

I'd be happy to communicate with her if that is her wish. :-)

Lots of love to you and her and ALL,
    Michelle Marie
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Flash (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013)

25. Link to Post #30154
    Thanks

Michelle Marie, I do have experience with speed reading, I teach it sometimes. The eye has to follow something, like a finger, to facilitate speed reading, in a book. On computer, if the text sychronizes with the eye instead, it would make it much easier for speed reading. When one thinks speed reading, one has also to assume that comprehension is retained. In fact, once the techniques are practiced and mastered, comprehension is better in fact. Slow speed reading (our average usually) tires the fast brain and is an impediment to understanding.

What do you do Marie Michelle when working with old souls in young bodies (lol, mine is old in an old body, doesn't make it)? I know you wrote books for younger ones, never even crossed my mind to ask, but hey, why not. She is very smart, very nice and sensitive and has suffered a real lot, morally and physically, more than most adults in their lifetime.

Well, thanks

Flash
    Last edited by Flash; 15th April 2013 at 01:56.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Michelle Marie (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013)

27. Link to Post #30155
    Thanks

Was just looking at this, Flash...so beautiful..
    made me think of you.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Flash (15th April 2013), Michelle Marie (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013)

29. Link to Post #30156
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Was just looking at this, Flash...so beautiful..
    made me think of you.

wow Ulli this looks like the tea room of a hotel I was in for a vacation years ago, on the Egean sea. Very similar, wow, old coming back. We were precisely talking of Turkey my daughter and I in between songs take in the studio. The room I was in at the time was a bit darker and in the middle was a big old fashion earth "ball", tea and coffee table on the side as in the picture here. My daughter was 4 and she said in her few words: "here mommy, very dark, down here very dark - well, in French lol" while showing me the planet.

My husband was in the hotel but not talking to me, even having dinner at a separate table in the restaurant, to make us ashamed, because I had not taken care of him 100% when he had an intestinal misadventure (soiled his pan with diarrhea). He made a huge crisis, and did not speak to us for the rest of the week. Really, down here may be dark and with him was darker. I can't understand why I stayed with him, I used to be very strong of character and strong will. He is a huge part in my daughter's sadness, because she had to remain in contact, plus the handicaps she surpassed.

Believe it or not, I still find Turkey very beautiful and reaaaaalllly worth visiting. Usually Turks are nice and hospitable, also quite occidental in thinking with a definite oriental tint however.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Michelle Marie (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), ulli (15th April 2013)

31. Link to Post #30157
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Michelle Marie, I do have experience with speed reading, I teach it sometimes. The eye has to follow something, like a finger, to facilitate speed reading, in a book. On computer, if the text sychronizes with the eye instead, it would make it much easier for speed reading. When one thinks speed reading, one has also to assume that comprehension is retained. In fact, once the techniques are practiced and mastered, comprehension is better in fact. Slow speed reading (our average usually) tires the fast brain and is an impediment to understanding.

What do you do Marie Michelle when working with old souls in young bodies (lol, mine is old in an old body, doesn't make it)? I know you wrote books for younger ones, never even crossed my mind to ask, but hey, why not. She is very smart, very nice and sensitive and has suffered a real lot, morally and physically, more than most adults in their lifetime.

Well, thanks

Flash
    Oh, that's interesting about the speed reading. I use my finger to focus sometimes when I'm reading, just naturally. I can see how comprehension could improve because with more speed there is less space for alternate thoughts to wander in. Hmmm...makes sense. Thanks!

I've barely gotten started, but I created a program called Rock My World. It has four parts: open heart sharing, truth communication skills, reading energy (understanding perceptive abilities), and creative character development (this is where my books come in). It is intended for sensitive souls. Any age can participate.

Currently, I'm re-organizing Visionary Solutions, the non-profit org I began to support teachers and healers, since I've moved to Colorado.

Anything I can do to help, I'm willing. When I was a 6th grade teacher, I used to have an advisory period called "Teen Talk." They love to talk...let 'em. LOL But really to have a safe and confidential group of other sensitive people who understand...whoa, what a great support.

The books that I wrote, although in children's book format, are for youth to be the teachers to retrain adults. They really are for all ages.

Love talking about my passion!

Joyful Light,
    Michelle Marie

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Flash (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), ulli (15th April 2013)

33. Link to Post #30158
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

I just noticed the rating-feature thanks to Marianne so I rated this thread too...

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Michelle Marie (15th April 2013), RunningDeer (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), ulli (15th April 2013)

35. Link to Post #30159

A quiet misty night in the forest. There's a slow cold front moving through the mountains.

Caught up with the village today. I've had a lot of computer and Internet problems lately with the phone and computer. Checked in when I could and am keeping everyone in my heart and prayers.
    Good to see Sierra is back.

Busy week for me with hospitals, doctors and vets too. A friend hurt themselves at work, little relatives with colds and allergies. The cat was injured fleeling from an animal or bird of prey. Her stomach lining and fascia were perforated, but fortunately her internal organs were spared. She made it through surgery and is recovering over night. The vet said she is going to be okay. I was worried, she's a tiny lovable calico cat.

Love

Nora

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

donk (15th April 2013), eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Flash (15th April 2013), Michelle Marie (15th April 2013), RunningDeer (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), spiritwind (15th April 2013)

37. Link to Post #30160
    Thanks

Just spoke to my son, J in Oregon. He has surgery consultation tomorrow am.
    Both of us have some anxiety about this and the fact that we are in different places for the first time ever when something this serious is occurring. He is 26. Our family consists of he and I and we are very close. He is concerned about missing work and falling behind financially, primarily rent.

We had a great conversation, great encouraging pep talk and memories with laughter (jokes about me singing).
    I'm leaning on my Faith/God knowing all is well.

Just made dinner for my angel - the guy who fixed my van and gave me a place to stay until I get my RV back.

It is still weird living in a new place/area far away from friends and relatives, but things are getting better overall.
    I have a few new friends and I went downtown this weekend to discover new stores and restaurants.

J is sick and tired of being sick and tired. Down with pain and fever, and most likely surgery.
    I appreciate any energy work and prayer support for him.

Thanks love gang,
    Michelle Engel

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

donk (15th April 2013), eaglespirit (15th April 2013), Flash (15th April 2013), gripreaper (15th April 2013), RunningDeer (15th April 2013), Samsara (15th April 2013), Sierra (17th April 2013), spiritwind (15th April 2013), Wind (15th April 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1508 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 508 1008 1408 1458 1498 1508 1518 1558 1608 2008 2508 2703 LastLast