+ Reply to Thread
Page 2098 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1098 1598 1998 2048 2088 2098 2108 2148 2198 2598 2703 LastLast
Results 41,941 to 41,960 of 54048

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #41941
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

I feel like Here and Now, right now.

Here it is autumn, sunny and colorful. Crisp and dry, on occasion.

Ulli, I need a new (another) bracelet. Or something in that line of thought.

I love wood in late autumn ( being loving wood all my life ), and the aroma of burnt leaves and fires. And the scent of someone making tomato sauce and other tasty autumnal goodies, like baked peppers and home made apple deserts with cinnamon.
    I also love apple pie with tea in the morning, looking at the trees and their leaves outside.
    Last edited by chocolate; 12th October 2014 at 09:07.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

1inMany (12th October 2014), dan33 (14th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (12th October 2014), fourty-two (13th October 2014), Krist (12th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), meeradas (12th October 2014), RunningDeer (12th October 2014), Stephanie (12th October 2014), ulli (12th October 2014), Wind (12th October 2014)

3. Link to Post #41942
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Congrats and blessings on your new home, Playdo. Very exciting. And ulli, what a heartwarming story. Reminds me everything happens for a reason. Truly, we touch so many people without knowing it, without realizing it. This was in my face last week also. A story for another day. Oh, nora, Tom is a hoot! I wish every Pele report he told a back story like that. And this sure does explain a lot from this past few days also. Poor M was going berzerk and not knowing why. I gave her a limited explanation, but had I listened to him earlier I could have done a better job of it.

So much on my mind this morning. Countdown to baby Emmilou is in full swing. It is Sunday morning, here and now, and Wednesday morning we are slated to welcome this little bundle of joy. That's me, surrounding this situation with love and positivity. So many issues surround this baby, in 3D. Whatshisname is just barely hanging on, as far as K is concerned. He calls periodically, gets angry and explodes on her, and that's it for a while. She has asked M to accompany her when the C-section is performed, should whatshisname not show. I think she is secretly hoping he doesn't, because it would be so much easier for her if she doesn't have to make that decision with him standing there looking at her.

The baby will have her last name. And I may have put a bug in her ear about the birth certificate. Possibly. Okay, I did. There are very, very few situations in which I would advocate against a parent's rights. Very few. In this case, I told her that omitting his name might do something positive. A couple of things, actually. And he need not know she has done this, the way it works in the US. (Of course I'm working on older information.) He needn't know she has done this, he can go about visiting or not visiting the baby the same as they had planned. What this does, though, is it gives her a little more protection legally. She has a secret fear that he will take the baby and go. Anywhere. Nowhere. And should he decide to show his temper and demand to take her somewhere, she will be able to say no.

This doesn't mean he can't see her. It does mean she can't file for child support. However, in the past two years he hasn't had a W-2 income, so the chances of that are pretty slim anyway. He uses what cash he can get ahold of for his addiction. It also means that if he wants some kind of rights, he can fight *for* his child rather than putting K in a position of fighting *against* whatshisname.

I'm sorry, that is such 3D crap. It isn't making me into a loosh factory, haha. Just setting out to her everything I can think of so that she can make an informed decision. Meanwhile, I skimmed the baby's natal chart. At least for the day she will be born. K will have a little K, boy will her hands be full. haha

I will be staying at Mike's for the next two to three weeks. I'm packing up a portable spiritual realm to take with me. Plus the one I am trying to rest in. Going in with my eyes open, that has to help. Entity issues he has, and the house has. Negative, heavy energy. I'm gonna go in and blast through all that. My candles are going to be going, and I'm determined to not let my yoga and meditation slip. I have found some really awesome out of the ordinary stores I would like to visit, that I never even knew were in Dallas when I lived closer. I may come back with a whole new magical cabinet full of fun (and useful) stuff

Much Love, thank you for listening. Sometimes I just need to process. Rest in My Center, Watch the Chaos, and Shine, Shine, Shine
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (12th October 2014), Krist (12th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (14th October 2014), PurpleLama (12th October 2014), RunningDeer (12th October 2014), Stephanie (12th October 2014), ulli (12th October 2014), Wind (12th October 2014)

5. Link to Post #41943
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

I came to the conclusion that Neptune's passage through Pisces is now really beginning to show.
    It's Ebola. Whether the virus is real, or whether the elite created it, either way it's Neptune's energy. Neptune rules both, viruses, as well as deception.
    But it's not all bad. If we can focus on the more positive keywords which are associated with Neptune, we can rise to the high state of our own resident Neptunian- Eaglespirit, who is a Pisces. So are Bill and Christine. The evolved Pisces personality will the the antidote to the darker side of Neptune, and thus will provide the guiding light out of this mess.

I googled Neptune and astrology, and came across this rather good summary...thought I'd share:

Neptune’s symbol is Poseidon’s three-pronged fish spear and the cross of matter piercing the crescent of personality, setting it free to manifest at a higher level than personal ego. The cross represents life on Earth and the opposition of the separated will to its evolutionary destiny: the individual will linked in consciousness to all mankind. In the Aquarian Age this union will come about through personal evolution and mastery of the personality, rather than through the crucifixion of the personality as in the last 2000 years.

Neptune, divine compassion, is the higher octave of personal love, Venus. Where Venus says, “I’ll love you if you love me.” Neptune says, “I love you because it’s my nature to love. You are worthy of love because you exist.” Neptune’s vibration is neither of matter nor of this Earth. It rules all that is subtle, mysterious, ill-defined and not material: sensitivity, suffering, compassion, music, dance, theater, film, dreams, fog, mist, drugs, alcohol, anesthesia, illusion, deception, obligation, the psychic, mediumistic and the mystical. Neptune rules Pisces, the sign of compassion, and the pineal gland and the feet in the human body; it is exalted in Cancer. Its key phrase is “Serve or suffer.”

Jesus, a Neptunian master, said, “He who loses himself [the personality] shall find himself [the spirit].” Neptune’s house position in your chart shows where you are being asked to sacrifice something personal and emotional, so that you can feel a larger part of what it is to be human, or to identify with more of life or humanity. You may also be involved with illusion or deception in that house, or feel like you’re operating under some obligation. This is a good place to use Virgo to discriminate between what’s real and what’s illusory. The final attainment of the last sign is universal love. Then sacrifice is joy and there is no suffering, as there is no personal self left to suffer.

Neptune symbolizes sensitivity, psychic and mystical capacity, dreams, illusion, delusion, deception, the higher octave of Venus, drugs, alcohol, obligation, bondage and fog. In the physical body it rules the pineal gland, the thalamus, the spinal canal and general bodily nervous processes. Famous people with a close (orb < 4°) Neptune-Sun conjunction are/were Susan Anton, Christina Applegate, Yasser Arafat, Clara Barton, Hans Bethe, Lisa Bonet, Rory Calhoun, Carlos the Jackal, Rosalynn Carter, Sean Connery, Michael Douglas, Cass Elliot, Werner Erhard, M.C. Escher, Carrie Fisher, Rhonda Fleming, Buddy Holly, Julio Iglesias, Frida Kahlo, Persis Khambatta, Art Linkletter, Peter Lorre, Louis Pasteur, Ginger Rogers, Susan Sarandon, Red Skelton, Pierre Teilhard De Chardin, Harry S. Truman, Lech Walesa, Sigourney Weaver, Esther Williams, and Keenan Wynn.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (12th October 2014), Krist (13th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (14th October 2014), RunningDeer (12th October 2014), skyflower (12th October 2014), Stephanie (12th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

7. Link to Post #41944
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Tom Lescher's report was good and spot on. Thank you,Nora.
    I'd love to meet him one day, but only if he is still living in Costa Rica.
    I've met a few astrologers over the last 35 years but none see things quite like I do...
    Tom's interpretations are as close as it gets. Hence my curiosity.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (12th October 2014), Krist (13th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), RunningDeer (12th October 2014), Stephanie (12th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

9. Link to Post #41945
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Love, grace, gratitude, health, happiness, rain, new home, cat comin' home, births, bracelets & colors 'n' smells of fall, rsvp’s, joy, happy endings/new beginnings, huggins’ for All …

Today's date: 10/12/14

my blackboard reminder

<3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th October 2014 at 15:24.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), dan33 (14th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (12th October 2014), fourty-two (13th October 2014), Krist (13th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), meeradas (12th October 2014), Pris (18th October 2014), sheme (13th October 2014), skyflower (12th October 2014), Stephanie (12th October 2014), ulli (12th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

11. Link to Post #41946
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Beautiful, Paula - love the graphics and word images.

Joining in, stretching rain dancing to cover all California.

Ulli, Lucky Duck gets luckier all the time.

Playdo, a new place and chickens and a kitten - congratulations! I want to get chickens once I'm home full time. Being next to the woods, all sorts of critters want to break into the henhouse so it has to be fox and coyote-proof. Have you seen the Australope black chickens that lay black shelled eggs?

I convinced the surgeon to postpone/cancel surgery, so I will not be going in tomorrow. But I still have to continue healing so my body comes into balance re the fluid. It will take a month or two, or ?

F and I saw an armadillo last night on the walk. It started to rain, and wildlife was moving ... some white tail deer crossed the road nearby, and armadillo was digging in leaves for food. He turned his little face to us as we stood whispering, and seemed unconcerned we were next to him. After awhile he quick-waddled into the woods.

The acorns are huge and abundant this year. Last year was not a good year, and the deer are so thin now ... they are eating well to build up for the winter.

Been hearing owls hooting from their trees.

Meeradas, going to watch that Twin Peaks video.

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), dan33 (14th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (12th October 2014), Krist (13th October 2014), Limor Wolf (12th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), meeradas (12th October 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (14th October 2014), RunningDeer (12th October 2014), skyflower (12th October 2014), Stephanie (12th October 2014), transiten (12th October 2014), ulli (12th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

13. Link to Post #41947
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Marianne (here)
    I convinced the surgeon to postpone/cancel surgery, so I will not be going in tomorrow. But I still have to continue healing so my body comes into balance re the fluid. It will take a month or two, or ?

F and I saw an armadillo last night on the walk. It started to rain, and wildlife was moving ... some white tail deer crossed the road nearby, and armadillo was digging in leaves for food. He turned his little face to us as we stood whispering, and seemed unconcerned we were next to him. After awhile he quick-waddled into the woods.

FYI: Several spirit animal sites:<3

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), dan33 (14th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (12th October 2014), Krist (13th October 2014), Limor Wolf (12th October 2014), Marianne (12th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), meeradas (12th October 2014), sheme (13th October 2014), skyflower (12th October 2014), Stephanie (12th October 2014), ulli (12th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

15. Link to Post #41948
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

Just checkin' in...lots goin' on...will share more later.

Awesome Ulli...on the Neptune Update Summary!

Thank You All...Getting Great Refreshers Here and Now : )

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), Krist (13th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), meeradas (12th October 2014), skyflower (12th October 2014), Stephanie (12th October 2014), ulli (12th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

17. Link to Post #41949
    Moderator/Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 783 posts

Quote Posted by Marianne (here)

Marianne......lovely news!

1inMany...love and joy

Meeradas.....churros ..

California

All you lovely people

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), dan33 (14th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (13th October 2014), Marianne (13th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), meeradas (12th October 2014), RunningDeer (12th October 2014), sheme (13th October 2014), ulli (12th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

19. Link to Post #41950
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Just a question

How many villagers have read the Thiaoouba Prophecy?

Please do not thank this post if you haven't read it - thank you!

Go here [direct download link to the book; file named "tp-typeset.pdf" is correct] instead.
    Last edited by meeradas; 12th October 2014 at 19:58.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), dan33 (14th October 2014), Ernie Nemeth (14th October 2014), Krist (19th November 2014), markoid (13th October 2014)

21. Link to Post #41951

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Tom Lescher's report was good and spot on. Thank you,Nora.
    I'd love to meet him one day, but only if he is still living in Costa Rica.
    I've met a few astrologers over the last 35 years but none see things quite like I do...
    Tom's interpretations are as close as it gets. Hence my curiosity.
    Thanks Ulli,

Yes, very aware.

He is also a lot of fun and intelligent -which appeals to my Leo self.

Thank you Astrid for bringing us Tom aka Kapacha now.

I appreciate him too, as I do yours , Transiten's and Carmody's bits on Astrology.

The only other astrologer that brings the kind of depth to it as you all do that I know of lives in Los Angeles. I would really love to sit with him and talk. Hopefully soon.

I have Neptune (R) in Scorpio in the fourth house of Cancer...

My generation has Neptune in Scorpio and usually Sextile or Semi-sextile to Pluto in (Virgo). Some even have a Yod aspected.
    Which usually means you have a little extra potential energy which lends itself to what you might do in this lifetime.

Our generation really needs to watch addiction, darkness, escapist tendencies and our emotions -get-over -our-selves. Be responsible and accountable. Self-actualizing.
    We can also be very psychic and lucid.... with a lot of potential for transmutation and healing.

Name:  dolphins.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  12.2 KB

About 30 years ago a good friend of mine said to me, "Don't abuse your power or your freewill." Good advice for me at the time and a conversation
    I reflect back on once in a while.

Today I'm stacking more wood and then tearing down an old rickety dilapidated jungle gym I got for my little relatives. The nails, nuts and bolts are starting to come loose and the wood is rotting too, even though I have preserved it with oil treatments. It's just not safe anymore. Plus it will give me a little extra space.
    I may be able to reuse some of the 2x6 planks for part of a garden box for next year.

Love

Nora
    Last edited by Guest; 12th October 2014 at 22:50.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), RunningDeer (12th October 2014), Stephanie (13th October 2014), ulli (12th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

23. Link to Post #41952
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by RunningDeer; 13th October 2014 at 03:22.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

25. Link to Post #41953
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I made my first batch of almond milk and stored it in an old “Bread and Circus” milk bottle. I keep drinking it straight from the jug. (Shhhhh!)

Tomorrow, I’ll experiment with almond and walnut milk.
    • 1c almonds and walnuts (soaked over night)
    • 5-6 dates (soaked over night)
    • 3c H2O
    • 1t of vanilla
    • cinnamon & nutmeg

UPDATE HERE due to over posting. Thanks Dennis. I'm running to my bowl of almonds and walnuts now to save them from drowning.....
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 13th October 2014 at 14:15.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (13th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), Stephanie (13th October 2014), ulli (13th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

27. Link to Post #41954
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

After one gulp of home-made almond milk - which tastes, astoundingly, like ALMONDS! - it is just about impossible to ever drink "store-bought" almond milk again.

By soaking the almonds, discarding the soak water, (and double or triple rinsing them in pure water), you are removing almost all of that anti-nutrient "phytic acid", and so your body will be able to assimilate more of the good stuff from the almonds. (Same deal with walnuts.) The phytates, saponins, and lectins in some foods (all - I believe - that can be reduced or eliminated by soaking then rinsing) do not just bind minerals so they cannot be absorbed, they also cause inflammation.

Sorry to fly off on this - my little brother is going crazy with research and with experience to alleviate arthritis that he has shown early signs of getting. And, I have been talking to him.

Happy to see you enjoying home-made almond milk, Paula! Drink up (it only lasts about 3 days.. but oh, that's 3 days of culinary pleasure and taste-bud-gasms.)

Dennis

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (14th October 2014), RunningDeer (13th October 2014), Stephanie (13th October 2014), transiten (13th October 2014), ulli (13th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

29. Link to Post #41955
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    By soaking the almonds, discarding the soak water, (and double or triple rinsing them in pure water), you are removing almost all of that anti-nutrient "phytic acid", and so your body will be able to assimilate more of the good stuff from the almonds. (Same deal with walnuts.) The phytates, saponins, and lectins in some foods (all - I believe - that can be reduced or eliminated by soaking then rinsing) do not just bind minerals so they cannot be absorbed, they also cause inflammation.Dennis
    Thanx! For how long do you soak the almonds?

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), RunningDeer (13th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

31. Link to Post #41956
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

Good Morning Villagers...the middle of October almost?!!
    Time ^^^flies^^^ when You're havin' fun...
    Acting upon Your Own Higher Surges as diligently as is possible : )
    Spoke with ECETI Ranch yesterday by phone, My Northwest Family,
    it had been a while...

The Ranch's 'sovereign status' has helped create and sustain a new and refreshing musical rhythm there!
    ECETI's Higher Spiritual Energy is at an 'all time' vibrational intensity and this Season of Gatherings has been Their Best!

James has Cherokee lineage and will now become a 'card carrying' Cherokee...papers are being processed and finalized.

All of the Staff Is Gooder than Good,
    and Better than Better because They're the Giving Best : )

...and Jedar, the Cosmic Pup, says "hello"...woof!!!

Awesome Dennis, Let's get Rick Simpson's Cannabis Oil in the middle of this too : )
    Last edited by eaglespirit; 13th October 2014 at 23:24.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), markoid (13th October 2014), meeradas (13th October 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (14th October 2014), RunningDeer (13th October 2014), transiten (13th October 2014), ulli (13th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

33. Link to Post #41957
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Hello, im sorry to annoy you with just another synchronicity. Watched this video with David Icke interviewing Arizona Wilder and at approx 2.42.44 she shows a necklace she said she used during Illuminati/shapeshifting rituals
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=s9y8weOxrFM

I have one exactly like this that i inherited from my mother; it's not copper though but some silverlooking alloy.

I don't know what to make out of this hard to believe story. It's also said she was programmed to say what she did...by whom?

I don't want to go into fear, but i'm in a rather split and stressed state of mind, leaving for the eastcoast tomorrow to see my recent therapist who is trying to heal the chronic state complications i got from the Lyme infection. I actually don't have the time to be on the forum and all the same i got stuck with this??

So no wonder i put this eerie sync in connection with what's happening both in my external and internal life in connection with all this Illuminati/reptile info.
    Last edited by transiten; 13th October 2014 at 14:12.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (13th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), markoid (15th October 2014), meeradas (13th October 2014), RunningDeer (13th October 2014), Stephanie (13th October 2014), ulli (13th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

35. Link to Post #41958
    Thanks

Here and now, I sit on the porch enjoying the sound of drips and plops from a good soaking rain. Sharing it with California. A little chilly this morning. Pools of water on the wood. Wind through the leaves. Splashes occasionally heard as cars go by.

Confidence wanes as stress increases. I have decided that stress relates to fear. Somehow. I feel it in my body, hear it in my thoughts. There is no room for this, no time for this. Unfortunately, knowing this does not equate to fixing it. Honestly trying to stay Here, Now.

Much Love,

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (13th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), markoid (15th October 2014), meeradas (13th October 2014), RunningDeer (13th October 2014), Stephanie (13th October 2014), transiten (13th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

37. Link to Post #41959
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Photos from Gregory Colbert exhibition called, "Ashes and Snow” found @ GregoryColbert.com

Flying Elephants Presents Part I

Flying Elephants Presents Part 2

Uploaded on Jun 23, 2008

http://www.facebook.com/gregorycolbert

Flying Elephants Productions presents "Ashes and Snow", an exhibition by Gregory Colbert. The show has previously migrated to Venice, New York, Santa Monica, Tokyo and Mexico City.

Since its debut, more than 10 million people have seen Ashes and Snow.

This clip is the second part of the most recent 11-minute cut which highlights the evolution of Gregory Colbert's masterwork.

For more information and to purchase the DVD please visit www.gregorycolbert.com

Music - "Suite for Sampler and Orchestra: VII. Chaconne / Kantorloops" by Norwegian Radio Orchestra (AmazonMP3iTunes)

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (13th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (13th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), markoid (15th October 2014), meeradas (13th October 2014), sheme (13th October 2014), Stephanie (13th October 2014), transiten (13th October 2014), Wind (13th October 2014)

39. Link to Post #41960
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Just a question

How many villagers have read the Thiaoouba Prophecy?

Please do not thank this post if you haven't read it - thank you!

Go here [direct download link to the book; file named "tp-typeset.pdf" is correct] instead.
    Okay, meeradas. I thanked you because I have downloaded it and am currently reading it. Quite interesting, mesmerizing.

The justice system described has caught my attention. If someone has committed the crime of thievery once, their favored hand is branded. If twice, their opposite hand is severed. If three times, both hands are severed.

I guess if there is plenty, and no one has need of something they cannot acquire, this can be considered fair. But I cannot help but to think of the way things are in the world, right now. We discuss things like this in my house. Like, someone who steals food because they are homeless for instance. I am reminded of the movie Aladdin, or Robin Hood. Situations that exist irl.

Mike and I had purchased a ladder, one of those extending ladders that would allow us to reach the roof. We stored it beside the house, and it was not readily visible. But, alas, someone stole it. When Mike helped K move from her apartment into his house, he noticed there was a drainage problem with her washing machine so he set it in the driveway overnight with the intention of giving it attention in the morning. This was behind the house, between the car parked in the driveway and the garage door. He even thought to put a sign on it that said it wasn't trash and wasn't free. And it was gone in the morning. So he proceeds to concoct a plan, and shared this plan with Em and me. He was going to set the dryer in the driveway, same type of sign on it. And hook it up to electricity somehow (not my forte but he knows how to do this) so that if anyone did not heed the sign, they would get a jolt upon touching it. Em was mortified that he would do this. He, however, felt completely justified.

This really bothered Em. She talked to me about it later, when he was gone. She mentioned all the scenarios in which someone might need that clothes dryer more than we/she/he does. And who might accidentally, or purposefully, touch that dryer and be hurt.

I do wish we lived in a time of plenty, distributed in a way that this was not an issue. I really do.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (13th October 2014), eaglespirit (13th October 2014), Krist (14th October 2014), meeradas (13th October 2014), PurpleLama (13th October 2014), RunningDeer (13th October 2014), Stephanie (13th October 2014), Wind (14th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2098 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1098 1598 1998 2048 2088 2098 2108 2148 2198 2598 2703 LastLast