+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 11 21 31 71 121 521 1021 2703 LastLast

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #401
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by markoid (here)
    Glad to hear your on the mend Ulli. Deep breathing is highly underrated imo
    Mark, sorry to hear about your friend. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

Deep breathing ... remembering a novel called 'The Fifth Sacred Thing,' sort of a new paradigm sci-fi, where food and water were scarce, and they practiced deep breathing to supplement nutrition, and even instead of eating when they had no food.
    I guess you have to get used to it, to prevent getting dizzy?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (3rd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (2nd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), pickle (2nd October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (2nd October 2011)

3. Link to Post #402
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by Junebug (here)
    We are a wide-open clique!
    (except for what Ulli said about Bill being banned)
    I was thinking of Groucho Marx who said "I wouldn't wanna be a member of a club that would have mee as a member...."

but also, imagine everyone...if Bill posted here just a couple of times...this lovely little thread would die
    simply from the burn-out that his momentary presence would bring...
    Happy birthday groucho marx - and gandhi too I believe

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (3rd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (2nd October 2011), Marianne (2nd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (4th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #403
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

I was reading this morning someone who was regretting the anti-Jewish tone of some posts on this forum. I agree with that sentiment. Just list all the people who figure in that category, like the Marx brothers, musicians, artists, whatever, and all they have done for humanity, and you will realize that the part is never equatable to the whole. What a better place to hide for those with evil intent than among this highly gifted ‘race’.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (2nd October 2011), Marianne (2nd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (4th October 2011)

7. Link to Post #404
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 294 posts

2:20pm:
    Watching my son play rugby this morning, people saying 'hi' and not meaning a word of the facial expression they present to each other... it hit me like a brick, I've felt like a bit of a misfit in 'social gatherings', but now I'm happy I am.

Hey Ulli, hope you're on the mend and that you have a great time with your family - be safe and well ;-)

Peace,

Pickle
    "...when I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone....."

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pickle For This Post:

eaglespirit (3rd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (2nd October 2011), Marianne (2nd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (4th October 2011)

9. Link to Post #405
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    I was reading this morning someone who was regretting the anti-Jewish tone of some posts on this forum. I agree with that sentiment. Just list all the people who figure in that category, like the Marx brothers, musicians, artists, whatever, and all they have done for humanity, and you will realize that the part is never equatable to the whole. What a better place to hide for those with evil intent than among this highly gifted ‘race’.
    Very true. And that discernment you are showing here is not easy for everyone, unless they really look deeply into these issues. I left Germany to live overseas at age 18. Only to be reminded by everyone I met that I was a German which I was ashamed of. I did everything I could to hide my German origins, and while in London managed to conceal my accent...could speak like the Hooray Henrys as well as Cockneys, I put quite a lot of effort into it. My accent is now coming back, though, and I'm ok with that.
    But I always knew deep down that I had no national identification; I was from elsewhere, more like a homeless Gypsy, or wandering Jew.

As I stated before, my home is Avalon and since being here it is the first time in my life that I have a feeling of belonging. And I can tell some of our Jewish members feel the same way. They deserve to be made to feel at home here.

The process L&G went through to educate herself on Zionism apparently blinded her to make the distinction between being anti-semitic and anti-zionist. Perhaps also being a hypnotherapist has something to do with that. She became somewhat hypnotized herself.
    Whatever we expose ourselves to mentally will always leave a profound effect, which is why I am now very careful what intellectual pursuits I engage in.

Being German meant also that in LA, NY and London I was not only befriended by many Jews, but was showered by them with incredible hospitality and kindness.
    I visited Israel twice, and can testify that it is more secular than most people realize. I felt very comfortable with everyone I met there.

So when someone expresses anti-jewish sentiments there is only one thought that comes to my mind, and although a cliche it is actually not a cliche in my case: "some of my best friends are Jews".
    Which even includes my Catholic Bahai husband, whose mothers family stem from converted Italian Jews.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd October 2011 at 20:28. Reason: fix quote'ing

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (4th October 2011), astrid (3rd October 2011), Caren (4th October 2011), DNA (2nd October 2011), DoubleHelix (2nd October 2011), eaglespirit (3rd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (2nd October 2011), Marianne (2nd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), meeradas (25th October 2014), pickle (2nd October 2011), PurpleLama (3rd October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011)

11. Link to Post #406
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

mt dew is my good coffe wake up beverage of choice, in my pc chair checking todays info of ET stuff, wifey napping on the sofa , all is quiet and peaceful, LMN playing the same mind control fear based program, strange calmness fills the air. the shadows of trees waving through the window and the sun is waking up greeting the day.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), DoubleHelix (2nd October 2011), eaglespirit (2nd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (2nd October 2011), Marianne (2nd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), pickle (2nd October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (2nd October 2011)

13. Link to Post #407
    Thanks

Hubby is up on a ladder getting a huge palm leaf that fell onto our roof while Kitty is circling my ankles.
    Sun was up for only two hours now it's cloudy and not even 10 am.
    And I so wanted to go hiking in the rain forest while hubby wants to go to the local Walmart.
    Yes, we now have Wal-mart in Costa Rica.
    Is it the beginning of the end?

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (3rd October 2011), Caren (4th October 2011), DoubleHelix (2nd October 2011), eaglespirit (2nd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (2nd October 2011), Marianne (3rd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), pickle (2nd October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011)

15. Link to Post #408
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

...just got finished playing 'chimney sweep'...all cleaned out for the coming season here at the ranch in NC hills.
    Gonna head up to the teepee and relax and connect a bit...feeling 'high' as a kite in a very spiritual way : )

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (2nd October 2011), Marianne (3rd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (4th October 2011)

17. Link to Post #409
    Thanks

Steady warm rain, neither drizzling nor pouring. It's as if one can hear every individual drop.
    Been cleaning today, and throwing away stuff.
    In the process came across old diaries, and randomly opened a page, and lo and behold,
    right on that moment I was mentioning earlier today, about deprogramming.
    (In another thread..."what the hell is going on here?", by The One)
    I had attended an Insight meeting, which was hosted by Bernard Levin and Adrianna Huffington
    who at that time still had her Greek name which I can't spell.
    Anyway, to me that was the Mother of all Synchronicities, I could not believe my eyes...

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (3rd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (3rd October 2011), Marianne (3rd October 2011), markoid (2nd October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011)

19. Link to Post #410

Noticing the thunder clouds coming in again today. Threads on Avalon seem to be a bit too heavy for me today except Ulli's I Love This thread and Junebug's Tea thread. Perhaps I need to go over to the lighterside....

Any way it is a beautiful day

Nora

we are all related

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (3rd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (3rd October 2011), Marianne (2nd October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (3rd October 2011)

21. Link to Post #411
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nora (here)
    Noticing the thunder clouds coming in again today. Threads on Avalon seem to be a bit too heavy for me today except Ulli's I Love This thread and Junebug's Tea thread. Perhaps I need to go over to the lighterside....

Nora

we are all related
    hi Nora, I agree about the heavy threads ... just keep tiptoeing around them and land on the light ones! We can play leapfrog amongst the threads to find the ones that feed our spirits. Thank you - I'm glad you like the tea thread! I have my herb books out, and my notes to post some more tea recipes. Does anybody have any requests?

I am noticing the light fading now ... that can contribue to feeling a bit under. For me, days like this take a little adjustment. Have done some energy work on myself and did a short juice fast yesterday and today.

I am watching a movie on TV -- Robin Williams and Holly Hunter, love them both, in The Big White... set in Alaska. What is there about the characters and state of Alaska that captures the imagination? The 90's sitcom Northern Exposure was so funny and interesting. Thayer just came in to eat dinner with me... just leftover potato broccoli soup and bread tonight. I'm prob just having fruit anyway, not very hungry today.

Ulli, you have amazing synchronicities. Did your hubby finish his roof work?

I'm glad to see our clique is expanding!

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (3rd October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (3rd October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (3rd October 2011)

23. Link to Post #412
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,813 times in 797 posts

Whats happening ??...a rather nice milkshake with Strawberry and Papaya !!

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (3rd October 2011), Marianne (3rd October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (3rd October 2011)

25. Link to Post #413
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Quote Posted by Junebug (here)
    Quote Posted by Nora (here)

Nora

we are all related
    hi Nora, I agree about the heavy threads ... just keep tiptoeing around them and land on the light ones! We can play leapfrog amongst the threads to find the ones that feed our spirits. Thank you - I'm glad you like the tea thread! I have my herb books out, and my notes to post some more tea recipes. Does anybody have any requests?

I am noticing the light fading now ... that can contribue to feeling a bit under. For me, days like this take a little adjustment. Have done some energy work on myself and did a short juice fast yesterday and today.

I am watching a movie on TV -- Robin Williams and Holly Hunter, love them both, in The Big White... set in Alaska. What is there about the characters and state of Alaska that captures the imagination? The 90's sitcom Northern Exposure was so funny and interesting. Thayer just came in to eat dinner with me... just leftover potato broccoli soup and bread tonight. I'm prob just having fruit anyway, not very hungry today.

Ulli, you have amazing synchronicities. Did your hubby finish his roof work?

I'm glad to see our clique is expanding!
    Oh my God Junebug guess what dvd's Ive just ordered from Amazon? Yep Northern Exposure! Series 1 to 3 at the moment. I used to watch it in the 90's too. One of faves. I just love the quirky characters and it makes me feel all warm and cosy inside. Ive been watching them on Sunday afternoons when Im usually on my own. I used to want to move to Alaska because of this programme (Im such a dreamer!). Even the soundtrack is great.

More synchronicity xxx Il have to get the film you mentioned now! Cant wait.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Marianne (3rd October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (3rd October 2011)

27. Link to Post #414
    Thanks

That film The Big White wasn't quite as good as it seemed at first. Maybe becos Thayer and I were chatting, I lost the thread. So maybe preview it on Rotten Tomatoes before buying it to see if you like it. :

Lisa, you got Northern Exposure! Love the synchonicity! I was thinking of getting the series too but haven't yet. Nice to have cozy shows tucked away, waiting for you.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (4th October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011)

29. Link to Post #415
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

doing a scan read to catch up with the essence of whats been happening
    since i have been offline a lot more of late.

The L&G issue, ( blessings if you are reading this), is curious to me.

I don't understand separation of any variety, i had to work from the opposite end of the scale,
    and try and learn to behave as a separate being, to survive in 3D land,
    now i'm getting why i had so much trouble here.

The problem with researching is so much of it is still based in the old paradigm, so its still
    them vs us in flavor, essence.

I don't see the physical body, but first feel the essence of the spirit.

Alot of my dreams and visions of late have been around this issue too.

I had a dream where i had no head.
    I was functioning perfectly fine, i could see, hear and speak .
    People around me were freaking out,
    telling me to put my head back on-i could put it on and off at will.

The mind chatter was gone, i was just pure awareness, it was total bliss.

In another vision, very fleeting, i was sitting in my van, waiting for a friend.
    I had this sense of watching myself being myself.
    My awareness was outside my body.
    And all my fears and insecurities, self doubts were gone.
    I was sort of amazed at myself, how strong i looked and felt from the outside looking in.
    Just goes to show you that the mind plays many tricks on us.

The seeking that so many of us do here, (me included)
    is not actually necessary to find the real internal truth.

We are already perfect.
    We are already one.
    There is no separation that's the big comic joke.
    Last edited by astrid; 3rd October 2011 at 23:37.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (4th October 2011), Marianne (3rd October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011), ulli (3rd October 2011)

31. Link to Post #416
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

It is gently raining, no wind. The humming bird is here, feeding as he and his partner have been doing all day. I hear my husband splashing in the bathtub down the hall lol. Finishing my mocha coffee, do I want another one?

Female humming bird is here now, drinking from all the spigots. Nuthatch startled her but nuthatch left instead

Buddha is wet, my mind is slow. Want PL's video of kitties

No one in the garden now ... just rain drops plopping in the bird baths.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (4th October 2011), Marianne (3rd October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), ulli (4th October 2011)

33. Link to Post #417
    Thanks

I am just reading these last few posts and am filled with loving feelings for you all.
    Everyone of you is so precious.

It is nearly dark outside, the rain has stopped, and the glass door next to me is closed
    as the evening air is quite chilly.
    I ought to get up now and turn on the outside lights. Have a think about what to cook for dinner. Close curtains and windows.
    Hubby will be home around 6:30, 45 minutes from now.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (3rd October 2011), Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (4th October 2011), Marianne (3rd October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (3rd October 2011)

35. Link to Post #418
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

runs by Modwiz's tent... Hey Dude, keep grinning!!!

36. Link to Post #419
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

I have to wave my magic wand.

Dinner party tonight for three,
    house is a mess, no idea what im going to cook yet.
    Friends are leaving the state to go to a brand new house,
    new beginnings.

Warm weather would be nice.. been harsh here this year,
    well by Aussie standards.

still in Pjs, 10.59.
    time for a double expresso to speed things up.

builders renovating house next door,
    getting me back motivated to start my next project.

Things are starting to move again for me,
    hibernation time is done,
    time to come out of the hobit hole, lol
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (4th October 2011), Marianne (4th October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Sierra (4th October 2011), ulli (4th October 2011)

38. Link to Post #420
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    runs by Modwiz's tent... Hey Dude, keep grinning!!!
    YAY!!! Rocky is back!!! Let's party!

39. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (4th October 2011), Caren (4th October 2011), eaglespirit (4th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (4th October 2011), Marianne (4th October 2011), markoid (4th October 2011), pickle (4th October 2011), Rocky_Shorz (4th November 2011), Sierra (4th October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 11 21 31 71 121 521 1021 2703 LastLast