+ Reply to Thread
Page 2114 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1114 1614 2014 2064 2104 2114 2124 2164 2214 2614 2703 LastLast
Results 42,261 to 42,280 of 54046

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #42261
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by 1inMany (here)
    Well, ****. One more thing. I swear I'm logging off after this. I promise.

How am I supposed to remember this is all an illusion? That I am not the person sitting here struggling with how this world works? That there is some higher purpose being served here? Getting that much distance, enough distance, may require something I am not capable of. It is so hard to not get upset at stuff like this.
    I made myself a backwards-running clock that I jokingly called 'Nonlinear'. Every time (lol) I look at it, it reminds me that everything is an illusion -- including time.

Name:  Backwards Clock small.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  97.1 KB
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

1inMany (30th October 2014), araucaria (30th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th October 2014), donk (30th October 2014), eaglespirit (30th October 2014), Flash (31st October 2014), heyokah (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), Stephanie (30th October 2014), TargeT (30th October 2014), ulli (30th October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (30th October 2014)

3. Link to Post #42262
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Pris (here)

How am I supposed to remember this is all an illusion? That I am not the person sitting here struggling with how this world works? That there is some higher purpose being served here? Getting that much distance, enough distance, may require something I am not capable of. It is so hard to not get upset at stuff like this.
    I made myself a backwards-running clock that I jokingly called 'Nonlinear'. Every time (lol) I look at it, it reminds me that everything is an illusion -- including time.

Attachment 27820
    That's one cool clock, Pris. The 'Now' watch and the walking man are from meeradas.

<3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 30th October 2014 at 15:23.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (30th October 2014), araucaria (30th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th October 2014), eaglespirit (30th October 2014), Flash (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Pris (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), Stephanie (30th October 2014), ulli (30th October 2014), Wind (30th October 2014)

5. Link to Post #42263
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I encourage "K" to take a torch and a pitchfork to the next parent teacher meeting, and to have read the book Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic. "Attention DEFICIT?!" Bah! The teacher should wear a scarlet letter/phrase that says "I AM A BORING TEACHER!"

Dennis
    Thank you for the recommendation, Dennis. I will get that book and do my best. This whole situation, of course, is a hot button for me. I know damned good and well this is the teacher. And the broken system. D does require a good bit of patience and plenty of reminders to stay on task. I haven't once had to raise my voice to accomplish this. Of course, I have never been accused of being a boring anything, either. The computer work he has is beneath him. Given a choice of what he wants to do in their stupid software, he chooses science every single time. The science, however, is for 6th-8th graders. I said screw it, and let him do that. So what, I had to read some of the information about wetland biomes. That's what keeps his interest. When I force him to do the first grade reading crap, he talks to me through the whole lesson. Because it is boring! And the teacher is an old curmudgeon, very impressed with herself at last year's reading test scores. Who gives a flying flip about reading test scores???? K was pretty irked at that also. Monday the students all get to be evaluated again against the state standards. Those who excel get to go to another teacher's room and do science stuff. Those who do not, stay behind and do more work. Oh, this burns me up. This is wrong on so many levels that steam starts to come out my ears. Punish him by keeping him in at recess, humiliate him by....well, nevermind. Teacher says his inability to focus is worse in the morning, but seems to be much better in the afternoon. ADD, my ass.

I have so many issues with the way things are being done that I would be tempted to do several things... if D were mine. But...sigh...he isn't. So the only thing I can do is try to influence K while I have her ear. And at the moment, I have both. I will do my best.

Trying to release the tension in my jaw and un-grit my teeth. Grrrrrr. Things are so incredibly messed up!
    So what, I had to read some of the information about wetland biomes.

...and D, imho 1inMany, happens to already understand with an 'intuitive knowing' that wetland biomes happen to be one of the most sacred places honored and used and connected to and with by Native Peoples as the generators/re-generators of flourishing Plant and Animal LIFE ...a natural sustenance ecosystem pertinent to LIFE all around and about the Tribal Community.
    http://www.ducksters.com/science/eco...ater_biome.php

SO THERE, take that to the 'ADD sedative drug advocates' in the school system!

Quote Posted by ulli (here)

Just tell the Almighty to take it all from here. All these details will soon be forgotten.
    Boring teachers help in showing the direction that he wants to avoid. Let the kid focus on the stuff he enjoys
    1inMany...YOU Can BE the Guiding Light to REAL Education.
    The system is coming apart, You are there to help show the way to the new way!

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post895006
    Last edited by eaglespirit; 30th October 2014 at 09:30.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (30th October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th October 2014), Flash (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Pris (30th October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), Stephanie (30th October 2014), Wind (30th October 2014)

7. Link to Post #42264
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 times in 356 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I encourage "K" to take a torch and a pitchfork to the next parent teacher meeting, and to have read the book Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic. "Attention DEFICIT?!" Bah! The teacher should wear a scarlet letter/phrase that says "I AM A BORING TEACHER!"

Dennis
    Thank you for the recommendation, Dennis. I will get that book and do my best. This whole situation, of course, is a hot button for me. I know damned good and well this is the teacher. And the broken system. D does require a good bit of patience and plenty of reminders to stay on task. I haven't once had to raise my voice to accomplish this. Of course, I have never been accused of being a boring anything, either. The computer work he has is beneath him. Given a choice of what he wants to do in their stupid software, he chooses science every single time. The science, however, is for 6th-8th graders. I said screw it, and let him do that. So what, I had to read some of the information about wetland biomes. That's what keeps his interest. When I force him to do the first grade reading crap, he talks to me through the whole lesson. Because it is boring! And the teacher is an old curmudgeon, very impressed with herself at last year's reading test scores. Who gives a flying flip about reading test scores???? K was pretty irked at that also. Monday the students all get to be evaluated again against the state standards. Those who excel get to go to another teacher's room and do science stuff. Those who do not, stay behind and do more work. Oh, this burns me up. This is wrong on so many levels that steam starts to come out my ears. Punish him by keeping him in at recess, humiliate him by....well, nevermind. Teacher says his inability to focus is worse in the morning, but seems to be much better in the afternoon. ADD, my ass.

I have so many issues with the way things are being done that I would be tempted to do several things... if D were mine. But...sigh...he isn't. So the only thing I can do is try to influence K while I have her ear. And at the moment, I have both. I will do my best.

Trying to release the tension in my jaw and un-grit my teeth. Grrrrrr. Things are so incredibly messed up!
    Read an article in The Financial Times this morning about a British 65-year old successful entrepreneur, who still can neither read nor write. At All. Too busy being creative and finding ways to earn money at an early age.

1in Many, I´m reading a brilliant book right now; The Highly Sensitive Child by Elaine N. Aron. Highly sensitive children are often misdiagnosed as ADD. Actually, they have no trouble focusing in a calm environment, in stuff they are interested in. But they are extremely perceptive, and therefor very easily distracted in a classroom.

The book holds lots of advice for parents and teachers.
    Last edited by Swan; 31st December 2014 at 16:25.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

1inMany (30th October 2014), araucaria (30th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th October 2014), eaglespirit (30th October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Pris (30th October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), spiritwind (30th October 2014), Stephanie (30th October 2014), Wind (30th October 2014)

9. Link to Post #42265
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

What I have to tell is over a week old, but I can see it is more topical now than it would have been then

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Yesterday morning, I dreamt I was driving round a large and very beautiful steep-sided mountain, mostly mineral or crystalline white, with patches of various pale ochre shades. I ‘heard’ that the rock was called ‘chloe’. As I went behind the mountain it faded into whiteness: still there but hidden in some kind of vaporous medium. Then the scene changed, and my son as a small child came in to the room I was in to pick up some dossiers of his.

This is a rather unusual kind of dream for me – more focussed. Usually, I might drive a car in reverse and not be able to stop, as at the end of this morning’s dream, with a couple of women in tow, a young one and an older one. Maybe this was ‘Chloe’ suggesting to stop backing away and take a closer look for once. So here goes.

Checking the meaning of ‘chloe’, which I only knew as a name, but not of anyone I know, I discovered it means ‘the first green shoot of plants in spring’, as opposed to ‘karpoi’ (fruit) on the one hand; and ‘en tois spermasin’ (in the seeds) on the other.
    http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/...57:entry=xlo/h

It also means grass and so must be related to the chlor- stem meaning green. Which is not only the wrong colour for my dream, it is vegetable instead of mineral. So what I get is a huge mountain that has been sown like a seed and this inanimate stone is just beginning to sprout like a fruit-bearing plant. My son is a doctor so any files would be medical files of people he is healing. If he comes to me as a child in the course of his physical healing work, this suggests that it involves a nurturing process like raising a child, but one that is all-encompassing, from mineral to vegetable, and on to animal and human, on a massive scale.
    This dream was explained to my entire satisfaction in a rather unusual manner. The answer was in a book just six feet behind where I’m sitting now and always. Nothing unusual about that, you may think, but why I got up to read that particular novel which I hadn’t read since it first came out 32 years ago was quite numinous. Here’s the story.

I reported my dream on the 16th. On the 21st, I got an email from a writer friend announcing the death at the age of 91 of a writer friend of his, whom I only knew through reading a dozen of his books. This writer, Claude Ollier, was quite well-known in France 30-40 years ago or more, although not widely read. He was still publishing to the end, but in latter years people probably thought he was long dead; I confess he had rather dropped under my radar too. I only received his 2004 book Qatastrophe in the post yesterday. Since it had received not a single press review, my friend had written an article that he sent me because it had never been published either. It is the story of a traveler who wanders into the realm of the Dead. While he hadn’t been in the literary pages, this author did get an article in the death notices, Disparitions, along with a video of a TV interview he gave 32 years ago.
    http://www.lemonde.fr/disparitions/a...0083_3382.html
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=zpsX8...layer_embedded

Why I chose to reread that book while awaiting the other was because this voice from the realm of the Dead reminded me that it is about a little 5-year-old girl called Chloé and her 55-year-old writer father traveling around Malaysia. The tale is titled Mon Double à Malacca, and the double in question is of course the little girl. Half a lifetime ago, I was still childless, which is maybe partly why it was so unmeaningful to me back then; but perhaps it had to be, in order to become so meaningful right now.

So in terms of elastic time, what we have is a dream occurring (on the 15th) three days before this man died (on the 18th), and my discovering the connection three days afterwards (on the 21st), while the connection itself was established thirty odd years ago by what was now a dying old man almost thirty years into my future. The story itself is about how his daughter’s childish activities mirror the writer’s own. She plays with pebbles on the beach, carefully selecting them and arranging them in a circle (some kind of mandala?); she literally disappears into her foreign-language comic books; learning her letters from the newspaper, the first word she comes across is W-A-R; she imagines the same individuals following them around; she enjoys dragons chasing away monsters – real painted sculptures in the temples, or kites in the sky. She has King Kong her teddy-bear and buys a doll she calls Marilyn after someone she met; and she asks her Dad about the origins of mankind (in other words, learns how we got to beauty from the beast). As part of his equipment, the writer uses a cassette recorder, explaining to her the difference between ‘live’, when they talk into the machine, and ‘playback’, when the machine talks back to them. Near the end, they walk up a hill together, and as they reach the top, the narrator leaves his child for a moment among all the ‘spies’ (just ordinary, friendly people) and goes on to have a David Icke-type epiphany, which he describes in purely physical terms; he levitates slightly, feels something leave him; and then he experiences his happier, timeless self relieved of this weight, which has to be the fear of all the imaginary spies and monsters. In the final chapter, on the plane home, the narrator and his double enjoy a moment of intense togetherness, broken by Chloe asking, ‘Say Paul, are we live now?’

So that is what might be called ‘the Chloe effect’. I have my Chloe, Dennis has his Chloe, 1inMany has her Chloes; heretogrow has been a Chloe to her granny; we are all each others’ Chloes. The Chloe effect is the exact opposite, or antidote, to the Pauli effect I was talking about recently. Hence, in fictional terms, it is the exact opposite of a book I described a while back (don’t look if you’d rather not!): https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post833954

So this is a perfect interpretation of my dream of the stony old mountain made of chloe sprouting like a fresh shoot: in a word, rejuvenation. My son gets a look-in because I have two kids, not just a girl. Interestingly – misreading Pris’s clock here – they were both born at 10:10 on a Monday morning! Actually, clock sellers set most of their clocks to that time – maybe it’s the flapping wing position suggesting how time flies? Or maybe it’s a V for Victory sign? Or maybe it is ‘the time of our life’, the time we are ‘live’ – truly alive.

If I were in any doubt, the book has three personal synchronicities for me. Near the end, we read of a storybook about a lady’s two cats who make daily visits to a friend called John. Recall, I was reading this at a time when we had two cats, one dead, one alive, both missing. Right at the beginning, the scene is a place with an araucaria. And right in the middle, we return to that same spot, where stand two 20-foot high statues of terrifying scaly figures – devils, genii, armed guardians of darkness, executioners, serving an unknown force – with two absolutely symmetrical dragons nearby. This ‘fine young araucaria’ turns out to be bang in the middle between the two statues…

So now I know where I stand Interestingly, the specimen I had in mind when choosing my handle in 2011 was one that Ollier definitely saw in its fine young state. Checking google earth just now, it seems to have grown too big for the triangle it once occupied near a gateway, opposite a grassy knoll; so, although it has since made way for a patch of grass (chloe) – leaving the gateway open – it is a real-life connection as well.

Name:  triangle orangerie.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  15.7 KB

Claude Ollier was also a radio playwright, but I had never heard anything he wrote, mainly because back then it was not so easy to catch a given radio station at a specific time. I’ve been listening to one audio play a little before my time, aired in 1969, ‘L’Attentat en Direct’ (The Assassination Live), which ties in neatly with the end of Mon Double à Malacca.
    http://www.franceculture.fr/emission...ect-2014-05-10

After getting a tip-off at a café, a dynamic new radio station has its reporter broadcasting live from an unlikely spot along the route taken by the presidential motorcade. From his perfect vantage point, he sees the assassin firing, then throwing his gun into the river. He dashes off in chase, and for a good while follows the guy away from the city centre, where he stops at a bar, watches a movie, goes to a church where he makes his confession (!), comes out and heads back into town. Meanwhile the cops have arrested a suspect and found a gun. What we hear is the radio controllers discussing the matter, with the reporter phoning in every now and again; we also hear a voiceover with commercials for this and that product. Eventually, the reporter’s man’s path crosses the official suspect’s, and he shoots him; so the assassin will get off with killing just the patsy instead of killing the president. The question then is, Who gave the reporter the precious tip-off? Answer, his boss. The entire thing was a publicity stunt to gain an audience for this new station, with more to follow. The last commercial is for a drink, ‘the killer’s drink’.

Pretty amazing, don’t you think – a commentary on the Kennedy assassination with the hindsight of Sandy Hook, yet dating from the sixties. It has the flavor of Orson Welles’ ‘War of the Worlds’ production, only instead of lending credence to the idea that a fiction is for real, it says that what we take for real is just a fiction. The reality is that you are listening to a radio play, and naturally the radio station is the sole perpetrator from start to finish. The fiction may be ‘live’, but the live is a fiction and the actual reality is in playback mode: it is all on edited tape. Similarly, the JFK assassination was little more than a televised show, hence we have witnesses numbering close to zero, and no perpetrators. One day, when we stop the playbacks, we go live with ‘something completely different’, which can be whatever we like, as Monty Python tried to show. Novelty as experiment, entertainment, research: it is all of these things and much more.

Hence, the Chloe effect is reality in live (here and now) mode. This reality includes our fictions, which are in playback mode, although it may not always seem that way. The acid test is pressing the stop button and finding the monsters disappear.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (30th October 2014), Agape (31st October 2014), Carmody (30th October 2014), conk (30th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th October 2014), Flash (30th October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Pris (30th October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), Stephanie (30th October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (30th October 2014)

11. Link to Post #42266
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Dennis (and 1inMany), quick reaction (duty calls) about the diagnosis. I deplore that the teacher made a professional mistake by (perhaps) needlessly shocking parents with such sensitive information, which is still an opinion after all.

This must come from a qualified professional and, of course, after consent. But (why I'm stepping in) we must exert caution so as to not do off all pedagogical concerns as bogus. These disorders do exist and if the teacher has a long carreer she may have built up some knowledge in recognising patterns. The disagreement is also often about the treatment and less about the factuality of there being a problem. As a parent you know your child and if you're honest, you will acknowledge there to be a behavioural problem for yourself and especially when it is also (repeatedly) indicated by your environment.

As a parent too, you are free to decide how you are going to help your child. But help is your obligation.

In that respect, Dennis, you seem to have made a wise choice. I know of a different case where a toddler just sits silently in class all day not even moving if the teacher won't go and get this infant and encourage it to participate. Getting the child to talk in class is a big challenge. At home this child seems to be very different, joyful, very active and very talkative, etc. There is a problem when this parent keeps stating that their child is normal (at home) when the child does not appear ok/at ease/"normal" in class. Teachers also have nothing to go on for evaluation. So, then, if the parent obstructs further research into the well-being of this child at school it also means that the teachers may keep the child repeating years for lack of performance which in many cases is a sad misunderstanding.

This is why on the one hand, I do encourage parents to fend for their children, as did Dennis but on the other hand also be honest and don't let pride make your kids' school life miserable.

When it comes to pharmaceutical medication, as seems to be the most ready treatment for ADD/ADHD not only in the US but also in the NL for instance, one must pay twice as much attention. And if there are alternatives, and there are, then they get preference.

--- This is getting longer than I intended---

but I'm going to stop myself and talk about families and children in an update to this post later on (or a new post alltogether).

Update:

This was one of the morning coffee questions. Why families stopped having many children? First it was because of working moms and changing ideals. Well, this still is the official version, but sometimes I wonder if it's not changing.

Because the world is changing, our food is changing, the air, humanity is changing and that includes children changing. Today's children are quite a challenge, though separated just one generation from their parents - in their turn a change in the future compared to previous generations (and notice how every previous generation complains about the next young generation).

Cut-version: Could it be that (some) parents can't handle today's children as well as they would have been able - say - 19th C children, and therefor decide to just raise one or two?

An alternative theory I've seen pass by says that the earth is too messed up to bring in anymore children.

And some say it's not that deep and it's just people becoming lazy and selfish and wanting to realise their own dreams without deviations caused by children.

But that doesn't fit in with the mass awakening, or does it?

This reminds me of a girl I used to know. She would say - in her not too easy life - she felt like Pinocchio and she was very angry with the puppetmaker, but she never expressed the anger directly. She would just sit there at the table with a defeated look in her eyes and a helpless smile saying that.

As opposed to another very angry with God girl, she just screamed at the skies: you bastard! And I would probably wonder how that worked technically. This was usually after or before a difficult exam at high school. She'd look up and scream at a fixed point in a cloud. And I was always careful not to advise her to trust in good things that come from above.
    Last edited by Violet; 30th October 2014 at 21:50.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th October 2014), Flash (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), Stephanie (31st October 2014), ulli (30th October 2014), Wind (30th October 2014)

13. Link to Post #42267
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,160 times in 13,484 posts

Remember our local volcano, Turrialba? I posted pictures here before, from our trip up there, December 2012.
    Well, he finally did more than a few snorts and burps.
    The entire Central Valley of Costa Rica is being covered in ashes right now. We won't be affected here, because of the wind direction. We are too far south for that.
    But evacuations are under way, on the slope.

14. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Carmody (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th October 2014), Flash (30th October 2014), fourty-two (30th October 2014), Hervé (30th October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (31st October 2014), Pris (31st October 2014), PurpleLama (30th October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), Skyhaven (30th October 2014), spiritwind (30th October 2014), Stephanie (31st October 2014), Violet (30th October 2014), Wind (30th October 2014)

15. Link to Post #42268
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Posted by Swan (here)
    1in Many, I´m reading a brilliant book right now; The Highly Sensitive Child by Elaine N. Aron. Describes my children, and myself, down to a tee. SO comforting to hear, we are not just weird...we are highly sensitive. Highly sensitive children are often misdiagnosed as ADD. Actually, they have no trouble focusing in a calm environment, in stuff they are interested in. But they are extremely perceptive, and therefor very easily distracted in a classroom.
    Is anyone clear on whether or not ADD is just some kind of fabricated 'disease' or not -- just an excuse to medicate people?

Anyway, it's always great to have confirmation that our 'uniqueness' is purely that: unique. We're highly sensitive and extremely perceptive, therefore distracted easily.

I, too, have no trouble focusing in a calm environment on stuff I'm interested in. It's funny how often I've been given flack for that -- as though focusing on something I'm interested in is selfish/self-indulgent.

Society frowns on anything out of the norm. After all... we don't want all those creative, imaginative people sharing any of their kooky ideas and knowledge with others, do we? That might upset the applecart.

Why do you suppose artists have the toughest time? The system is setup to discourage the arts because creative people are great communicators and like to point out societal flaws.

I've never been diagnosed with this so-called ADD, thank goodness. But, I grew up prior to 'ADD' becoming so 'popular'.

These days, I'd probably be diagnosed as a rebellious troublemaker, and I'm sure they already have a drug to 'fix' that or a place to put me.
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), Ernie Nemeth (30th October 2014), Flash (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), PurpleLama (30th October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), Stephanie (31st October 2014), ulli (30th October 2014), Wind (30th October 2014)

17. Link to Post #42269
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 561 posts

Hello everybody

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), donk (31st October 2014), Flash (30th October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), meeradas (31st October 2014), Pris (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), spiritwind (30th October 2014), ulli (30th October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

19. Link to Post #42270
    Thanks

Quote Posted by skippy (here)
    Hello everybody

Hey! The prodigal son has come home. Let's celebrate, everyone!

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), donk (31st October 2014), Flash (30th October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (30th October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

21. Link to Post #42271
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 561 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Hey! The prodigal son has come home. Let's celebrate, everyone!
    I missed you too Ulli. Happy to be home again... I spend some time with ETs and went breakaway to Mars (boring place..). I took a stargate into a parallel timeline (or 2..) and had dinner with the Greys, but then I discovered that they consider us flies on the wall, so I left to meet my friends again in the village. Flies on the wall..? Consider that for a second.. Who do they think they are, these parvenu's?

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), donk (31st October 2014), Flash (30th October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), meeradas (31st October 2014), Pris (31st October 2014), PurpleLama (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (30th October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), spiritwind (30th October 2014), Stephanie (31st October 2014), ulli (30th October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

23. Link to Post #42272
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

A current spiritual teacher, Gangaji http://www.gangaji.org. tells of asking her teacher about illusion. He told her that the original Sanskrit word meant “not lasting forever” but had been translated as illusitory. This can put a whole new take on “Illusion”. Good to think about, anyway.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to fourty-two For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), Flash (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), meeradas (31st October 2014), Pris (31st October 2014), PurpleLama (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014), Stephanie (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

25. Link to Post #42273
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Welcome back, skippy!
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), Flash (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014)

27. Link to Post #42274
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Wow, two people this week returned to the village. It's homecoming Hiya skippy.

Went to Half Price Books today and bought that book, Dennis. Skimming it, I have to say it is the perfect book for K. Perfect!

Thanks, Swan, I had totally forgotten about Elaine N. Aron...she did extensive writing and research on HSP's (Highly Sensitive Person), and introduced me to my own normalcy a while back. Hers, plus a lady who wrote a psychic self defense program for empaths. They both helped me understand a lot about myself. Anyway, I think I would be interested in Aron's book, though it might be too out of the mainstream for K.

Great question, Pris, I doubt there is agreement on the ADD issue. I did one of my post-grad internships in an elementary school counselor's office. I remember vividly a little boy in the fourth grade that I was asked to work with. He had been diagnosed with ADHD but his parents were choosing to provide no treatment, therapy or meds either one. He was at the far end of the scale, and it was as textbook as I have ever seen. The problem was not only that he couldn't sit still, and the problem was not only that he couldn't focus. Those were obvious. He spent a lot of time jumping off his school desk in the middle of class, or camped under his desk (or someone else's). He would just as soon spit at the teacher as listen. The frustration and explosions and misbehavior common in a child with these underlying issues were concerning. He had clearly given up on trying to function.

I was asked to work with him. And I reached inside this child. He was a scared little boy, and he was not "bad" at all. He wanted to do his work, he wanted to be a normal student like all the others and do what was asked of him. But his brain did not function like all the other children he was compared to.

I was called to the classroom frequently. Many times, I would take him to the school library and sit with him, one on one. We would get his work done. He was very smart and capable. It took constant attention on my part, constant reminders, constant positive reinforcement. There is no way he could do the same thing in a classroom. The school counselor that I worked with was one of those Angels here, so compassionate and caring. And her concerns were valid, that if this boy did not get on some type of medication he was destined for failure. I concurred 100%. He was looking at failing the fourth grade. I adored him. (Of course, and a chuckle at myself.)

But do you know why I concurred? Because it is not possible for one on one education. It isn't. It could be. And it should be. But it isn't possible, today. Right now.

I doubt D has ADD, if there is such a thing. He sits for 30 minutes straight and reads to us at night. Sure, he wants to explore the illustrations and the story. There is nothing wrong with that. I sat with him yesterday and did 100 addition problems. Yes, 100. That's ridiculous. He is above grade level in every subject, on every evaluation he has been given. But still he is made to feel he isn't doing well. While I can tell you (whoever, haha) I have the utmost respect and admiration for some teachers, there are others I would just as soon find a profession more suited to them. Like Dennis said, maybe prison guards. Or since they are so partial to these test scores, maybe they could be bean counters. Anything that doesn't involve molding a child.

Thank you all for letting me have my moment last night. It's not that big of a deal. Yes, these issues are near and dear to me. But then I remember things about who I really am, who D really is, why we are here, what I know I am capable of and that there is likely a whole lot more I don't realize yet. And I like the definition of illusion, fourty-two. I really like it

Eaglespirit...I don't know about all that...about me being a part of rebuilding things in a more healthy way, after they fall apart. You know darned well I doubt that, hahaha. But I offer myself up every day for the Will and Work of Universe. Never say never, I suppose.

Much Love, my friends.
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), donk (31st October 2014), eaglespirit (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Pris (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014), ulli (31st October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

29. Link to Post #42275
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

I almost forgot. araucaria, what a skill you have, being able to study on something and find such meaning. Holy cow. Yes, I suppose we all have our Chloe. Or more than one. Likely more than one. And the answer to the question of are we live...well that's just not so simple as it seems, now is it? Point isn't lost on me, for sure. Really enjoyed what you shared.

Oh, and ulli...yes. I must remember to let go of some of these things. I still have so much work to do.

Much Love,
    Last edited by 1inMany; 31st October 2014 at 01:39.
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), eaglespirit (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Pris (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014), ulli (31st October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

31. Link to Post #42276
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

1in many

You would not imagine what Mini Flash came through when I adjusted a few thigs:

1. Her diet: she had leaky guts most probably linked to gluten alkergies (as it showed up in blood tests ) So off gluten she went.

2. I supplemented with vitamins minerals and micro nutrients which she had miss for a while because of leaky guts

3. I helped redo her guts flora with a mix of guts bacterias - probiotics etc. This is not to my taste yet , not over yet

4. She finally got some hyperbaric trestment

5. As stable emotional environment i could provide

6. Help to sleep at times. Being dysphasic , she was really exhausted after a day in school and hourssssd of homework to keep up or recuperate

7. Keeping her away from dark beings as much as possible even if at the time i did not understood why or how i was doing it. Intuitively.

AND OFF RITALIN SHE WENT. Not to ever tae it again

She thanks me at least once a week. I must say she was an angel of cooperation - not as much as a teenager. Lollllll

Posting on iphone sorry forcthe gramnar mistakes

32. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), Agape (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), donk (31st October 2014), eaglespirit (31st October 2014), Pris (31st October 2014), PurpleLama (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014), ulli (31st October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

33. Link to Post #42277

A lot of healing energies right now.

his batteries ran out the last of the forecast

here's the rest of it with mantra.

It's not necessary to control,
    For the outcome of my life,
    Is the result not only of my doing,
    But of feelings deep inside.

Oh Yes! As I was saying before I ran out of batteries, Mars in Capricorn coming up to Pluto is a time of great ambition, drive, and accomplishment. AND, the evolutionary process is furthered through integrating it's opposite polarity, that of Cancer, the watery, deep, inner feelings. If we can go in as far as we go out, we can stay in balance which is both healing and more fun.

The downside of these aspects is falling into becoming an obsessive compulsive obnoxious .......... pushing and shoving everyone around to get your way. The fear and insecurity that drives such behavior can have its roots in guilt, shame, and feelings of unworthiness.... "I have to push because Life doesn't want to give me anything (because I don't deserve it)... and can go further down to simply "I'm a bad person, its hopeless, who cares." What's more, these feelings can then be projected out on the world so we can think that everybody is no good and it is a dog-eat-dog world and the patriarchal programming will have succeeded in keeping everyone at odds with everyone else! Time to bust the programming and move into a more loving, united, community of co-workers instead of competitively feeling our feelings which connect us to Spirit and each other..... Injoy!
    Music by the one and only ScottHuckabay.com

Love

Nora

Welcome back Skippy

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), eaglespirit (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), RunningDeer (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014), ulli (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

35. Link to Post #42278
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Thanks, Swan, I had totally forgotten about Elaine N. Aron...she did extensive writing and research on HSP's (Highly Sensitive Person), and introduced me to my own normalcy a while back. Hers, plus a lady who wrote a psychic self defense program for empaths. They both helped me understand a lot about myself. Anyway, I think I would be interested in Aron's book, though it might be too out of the mainstream for K.
    I thought back on the concerns you've posted over these 2-3 years. Either you've found solutions, or come to a place of balance within, and/or accepted the things you cannot change. All good stuff, 1.

At first glance, I thought the book you mentioned above was the one I order today on the advice of Limor called, “Practical Psychic Self Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide,” by: Robert Bruce.

Post #314

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    I just left Earth Angel a suggestion on her profile page for the 'Love bite book - Alien interference' By Eve Lorgen,

Another most recommended book who may be of great interests to members here -
    (Anyone who did not encounter it yet)

is 'The Practical Psychic Self Defence Handbook' - by Robert Bruce

Make sure you have a copy. I am more than willing to send segments from it privetly to anyone with specific problem at hand. Please PM me ~…
    Earth Angel is having a hard time in her relationship and has asked for balancing energy. [click here for her request and situation]

Night, night, sweet dreams everyone. <3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 31st October 2014 at 03:38.

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Dennis Leahy (31st October 2014), eaglespirit (31st October 2014), Limor Wolf (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014), ulli (31st October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

37. Link to Post #42279
    Thanks

Turrialba's puff....areal view.
    Doesn't look like much, but the area where those ashes went down is huge.
    I wish I could show you photos of all those ash-covered cars.
    Oh, and those poor cows and horses and other animals up there....

Will keep you posted.

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), eaglespirit (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), meeradas (31st October 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (1st November 2014), Pris (1st November 2014), RunningDeer (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

39. Link to Post #42280
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Have I Told You All I Love You Lately?

I Love You All Lately, Now and Forever...
    Cuz YOU Are Changing the World Upright!!! : )

ummmmmmmm Dearest 1inMany...

Eaglespirit...I don't know about all that...about me being a part of rebuilding things in a more healthy way, after they fall apart. You know darned well I doubt that, hahaha. But I offer myself up every day for the Will and Work of Universe. Never say never, I suppose.

Much Love, my friends.

You have already done all the work...
    You are just here waxing the surfboard for a smoother ride...
    Didn't You know that? : )
    Last edited by eaglespirit; 31st October 2014 at 06:45.

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

1inMany (31st October 2014), araucaria (31st October 2014), Jake (31st October 2014), Marianne (31st October 2014), meeradas (31st October 2014), Playdo of Ataraxas (1st November 2014), RunningDeer (31st October 2014), Sierra (31st October 2014), skippy (31st October 2014), Violet (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2114 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1114 1614 2014 2064 2104 2114 2124 2164 2214 2614 2703 LastLast