+ Reply to Thread
Page 2358 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1358 1858 2258 2308 2348 2358 2368 2408 2458 2703 LastLast
Results 47,141 to 47,160 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #47141

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by Nora (here)
    Oh geesh I'd appreciate prayers for me and my family. Thank you.
    On it, Nora.
    Quote Posted by Sierra (here)
    For you Nora, strength and wisdom be yours.

Quote Posted by Calz (here)
    I salute those amazing souls here (and now) that seem to understand and rise to the occasion.

I could add a lot more ... but will not (at this time).

Thank you everyone, and Calz I concur.

Right now, as some of the older Village members know, I have a relative -my sister who is fully possessed by a very bad demaen. The situation is turning into a bad situation.... and I'm alone. It's a really a long story, but the gist of it here and now is it has something up its sleeve and I not sure what it is. I truly appreciate any prayers and work -the ones that do it here and now. There are times I'm so tired from the battle. So many of us (me, priests, medicine people etc....) tried for my sister, but eventually we had to lock it down, but there are others too. (just not as bad as the one we cast back), we cast it back in the year 2012. It's a mess and I can sense that thing and its dominions are up to something and i do not feel safe on all levels.

Hugs, Love and Prayers to everyone.

Nora

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

1inMany (29th November 2015), araucaria (29th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), dan33 (3rd December 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (29th November 2015), Limor Wolf (29th November 2015), Marianne (1st December 2015), markoid (29th November 2015), meeradas (29th November 2015), RunningDeer (29th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Skyhaven (29th November 2015), Stephanie (29th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (29th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #47142
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,717 times in 8,943 posts

I do not know what to write you Nora, except that I am noticing that even your way of writing is not as usual (speaking grammar). I am sorry you are in such a bad situation.

You know, your sister may have decided to dwell into the dark, and sometimes we have to get far away from them, even while loving them. To protect oneself and let them live their experience, until she does ask for help herself.

My heart goes to you,

flash

On it, Nora.

I salute those amazing souls here (and now) that seem to understand and rise to the occasion.

Right now, as some of the older Village members know, I have a relative -my sister who is fully possessed by a very bad demaen. The situation is turning into a bad situation.... and I'm alone. It's a really a long story, but the gist of it here and now is it has something up its sleeve and I not sure what it is. I truly appreciate any prayers and work -the ones that do it here and now. There are times I'm so tired from the battle. So many of us (me, priests, medicine people etc....) tried for my sister, but eventually we had to lock it down, but there are others too. (just not as bad as the one we cast back), we cast it back in the year 2012. It's a mess and I can sense that thing and its dominions are up to something and i do not feel safe on all levels.

Nora
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (29th November 2015), araucaria (29th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), dan33 (3rd December 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (29th November 2015), Limor Wolf (29th November 2015), Marianne (1st December 2015), meeradas (29th November 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (29th November 2015), RunningDeer (29th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Skyhaven (29th November 2015), Stephanie (29th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (29th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #47143
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

On it, Nora.

Nora

Dearest Nora,
    The most powerful protection prayer I know is one which was revealed by the forerunner of the Baha'i Faith, whose name was The Bab, which means "The Gate".
    The actual manuscript was written in the form of a five pointed star, a symbol for protection.
    It has a transformative and calming effect.
    You don't even have to believe in it, but the result of reading it has proved to me, again and again, that there is an incredible power in these words.

"In the Name of God, the Lord of overpowering majesty, the All-Compelling.
    Hallowed be the Lord in Whose hand is the source of dominion. He createth whatsoever He willeth by His Word of command “Be,” and it is.
    His hath been the power of authority heretofore, and it shall remain His hereafter.
    He maketh victorious whomsoever He pleaseth, through the potency of His behest.
    He is in truth the Powerful, the Almighty.
    Unto Him pertaineth all glory and majesty in the kingdoms of Revelation and Creation and whatever lieth between them. Verily, He is the Potent, the All-Glorious.
    From everlasting He hath been the Source of indomitable strength and shall remain so unto everlasting.
    He is indeed the Lord of might and power.
    All the kingdoms of heaven and earth and whatever is between them are God's, and His power is supreme over all things.
    All the treasures of earth and heaven and everything between them are His, and His protection extendeth over all things.

He is the Creator of the heavens and the earth and whatever lieth between them, and He truly is a witness over all things.
    He is the Lord of Reckoning for all that dwell in the heavens and on earth and whatever lieth between them, and truly God is swift to reckon.
    He setteth the measure assigned to all who are in the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them.
    Verily, He is the Supreme Protector.
    He holdeth in His grasp the keys of heaven and earth and of everything between them. At His Own pleasure doth He bestow gifts, through the power of His command.
    Indeed His grace encompasseth all, and He is the All-Knowing.

Say: God sufficeth unto me; He is the One Who holdeth in His grasp the kingdom of all things. Through the power of His hosts of heaven and earth and whatever lieth between them, He protecteth whomsoever among His servants He willeth.
    God, in truth, keepeth watch over all things.

Immeasurably exalted art Thou, O Lord! Protect us from what lieth in front of us and behind us, above our heads, on our right, on our left, below our feet and every other side to which we are exposed. Verily, Thy protection over all things is unfailing."

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (29th November 2015), araucaria (29th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Delight (29th November 2015), fourty-two (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (29th November 2015), Lost N Found (29th November 2015), Marianne (1st December 2015), RunningDeer (29th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Skyhaven (29th November 2015), Stephanie (29th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

7. Link to Post #47144
    Mexico Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,360 times in 440 posts

Can you share a picture of your sister here or in private Nora?

8. Link to Post #47145
    Thanks

Interesting:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor..._leftists.html

Interesting to me because this movement is exactly what Baha'u'llah, the Baha'i founder taught.
    And even more so since he lived in the mountains of Kurdistan in the middle of the19th century, as a derwish.
    Of course, no credit is given to him. Some Marxist teachers manifesto instead.
    Whatever...one can only hope that it will spread.

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (29th November 2015), araucaria (29th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Delight (29th November 2015), Dennis Leahy (30th November 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (29th November 2015), meeradas (29th November 2015), RunningDeer (29th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Skyhaven (29th November 2015), Stephanie (29th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

10. Link to Post #47146
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Nora
    Hi Nora,

Your post sat on my desktop for hours in hopes that something profound bubbled up. I didn’t know the official history about your sister. I pieced some things over time.

The best you can do is be hawk-eyed in your own protection. Apologies for stating what you already know.

We can’t help anyone that chooses behavior patterns that invite the negative energetics. Recently, that point was brought home again when I did a session. There was only temporary relief because she astral travels to heal dark sites and others. New entities scoot in. Until she rights herself, she’ll be a lightning rod on unsuspecting people.

For what it’s worth, I’ve noticed in the last year with a couple of family members there’s an uptick in sardonic comments and their auric fields are darker. It’s not pleasant being around them. Those inorganic entities hitching a ride are on red-survival-alert. They’re repulsed by those that keep their tanks filled with high octane.

I experienced a breakthrough at Thanksgiving (Thursday) when a sister apologized to me and in front of my family. It’s the first time ever in her 64 years that she used the word ‘sorry’. Granted, it was because she wanted to shut me up. But I continued in a calm, direct manner and pointed out something that was undeniably spot on. Others agreed with what I was saying, which isn’t ordinarily the case. That also tells me that the spell is beginning to come undone.

I thanked her for the apology but continued on. She interrupted again and as per usual in her condescending tone, she asked, “Did you hear me? I apologized.”

“Yes.” All the while I reminded myself that she plays the deflection game. I continued until my point was finished. But not before she interrupted one more time about me not paying attention.

When I was leaving my brother gave me an unusually long, tight hug. He thanked me for coming and told me he loved me. Which is out of character.

Like a dusty old burlap bag, the veil is thinning. Spell’s are being broken. Keep it high octane.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 29th November 2015 at 20:50.

11. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

1inMany (29th November 2015), Calz (30th November 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), Dennis Leahy (30th November 2015), fourty-two (30th November 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), gripreaper (30th November 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (29th November 2015), Lost N Found (29th November 2015), meeradas (29th November 2015), Mike (29th November 2015), moekatz (1st December 2015), Noir (14th December 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (29th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (29th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (29th November 2015), Violet (29th November 2015)

12. Link to Post #47147
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

At thanksgiving, two of my liberal brothers in law were making a joke about Donald Trump, and one of them asked me what I thought, and this is what I told both of them.

The UNITED STATES became a bankrupt corporation in 1861 and has been in receivership ever since, bankruptcies running 70 years. The great depression and 9-11 were not what you think, but were renewals of this bankruptcy. We have not had a representative government since then, and you know how bankrupt corporations are run? They are run by executive administration by the creditors who are the board of directors. So, there is no difference between political parties as they are all just agents for this board of directors and all of the political shenanigans are just theater.

Although its difficult to encapsulate 150 years of history in one sentence and make a point without losing your closed minded audience, you still need to take your shot when you can get it. You could have heard a pin drop.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 30th November 2015 at 05:12.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

13. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), araucaria (1st December 2015), Calz (30th November 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), Dennis Leahy (30th November 2015), Fiberglut (27th December 2015), Flash (30th November 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Ivanhoe (1st December 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), Jhonie (5th December 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), moekatz (1st December 2015), Noir (14th December 2015), Pam (5th December 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (30th November 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (30th November 2015), tessfreq (30th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015)

14. Link to Post #47148
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 913 posts

Ulli, Thank you for the info on the Kurdish women as well as the Baha'i.

I have always felt that the Kurds were living their society based on equality and democratic ideals, even from my distant perspective. It is awesome that women take an equal role in the society there, thus injecting a realistic and practical, multi-layered system for self-defence, much more than the male dominated insanity known in that region. It's no wonder in all of this turmoil that this fact has been hidden.

The Baha'i i've known here in the states have always been practical and highly respectful, knowledgable of the rights of others, human craftsmen and women. That mormon type of family cohesion, without the creepiness, secrecy, and very peculiar beliefs. However, I do have friends who are mormons, christians, buddhists, jains, sikhs, atheists,etc. because they don't press their belief systems upon me and I can usually talk with them from their spiritual perspectives, if not from their beliefs.

If the Rojavan society of Kurds are as real as the story presents and are as equally balanced in their respect of the real rights of women, those rights which are rarely discussed even in progressive women's forums, this will be long awaited news for me. I measure the strength and wholesomeness of any society almost entirely on the way women perceive themselves, treat themselves, even more than the way they are treated.

Having many sisters born after me, (6), and before my younger brothers, surely plays a major role in this perspective, a perspective that defines me. The loss of my best friend, my oldest sister, when i was 5, and she was 16, was the loss of an angel in my life, so the experience of the power of great loving healing from women is not lost in my life.

I have seen the very best and worst in the gender, all the while learning why and how they are motivated to do the things they do, excuses removed. What an imbalanced world this is. What a long way we have to go, my friends.

The next time you bitch about your life, consider the lives of single mothers and measure your pressures against theirs. As a single father I consider myself no where near as stressed as any given single mother and my life has been far from easy, or, by choice, privileged. (End of rant.)

P.S., Ulli: Do you have a link to the prayers of the Baha'i sung in the original language? If so, Please share a link with us.

Blessings Abound Endlessly
    Last edited by Hym; 30th November 2015 at 07:18.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015)

16. Link to Post #47149
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote The case has stunned keepers at a Russian safari park where normally big cats don’t think twice about eating the live prey placed helplessly in their enclosures. But this goat showed no inkling of fear, eyeballed the tiger, and took over his shelter.
    Last edited by Carmody; 30th November 2015 at 07:09.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Flash (30th November 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), Noir (14th December 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), ThePythonicCow (30th November 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015)

18. Link to Post #47150
    Thanks

P
    Quote Posted by Hey it's me (here)

I have always felt that the Kurds were living their society based on equality and democratic ideals, even from my distant perspective. It is awesome that women take an equal role in the society there, thus injecting a realistic and practical, multi-layered system for self-defence, much more than the male dominated insanity known in that region. It's no wonder in all of this turmoil that this fact has been hidden.

The Baha'i i've known here in the states have always been practical and highly respectful, knowledgable of the rights of others, human craftsmen and women. That mormon type of family cohesion, without the creepiness, secrecy, and very peculiar beliefs. However, I do have friends who are mormons, christians, buddhists, jains, sikhs, atheists,etc. because they don't press their belief systems upon me and I can usually talk with them from their spiritual perspectives, if not from their beliefs.

If the Rojavan society of Kurds are as real as the story presents and are as equally balanced in their respect of the real rights of women, those rights which are rarely discussed even in progressive women's forums, this will be long awaited news for me. I measure the strength and wholesomeness of any society almost entirely on the way women perceive themselves, treat themselves, even more than the way they are treated.

Having many sisters born after me, (6), and before my younger brothers, surely plays a major role in this perspective, a perspective that defines me. The loss of my best friend, my oldest sister, when i was 5, and she was 16, was the loss of an angel in my life, so the experience of the power of great loving healing from women is not lost in my life.

I have seen the very best and worst in the gender, all the while learning why and how they are motivated to do the things they do, excuses removed. What an imbalanced world this is. What a long way we have to go, my friends.

The next time you bitch about your life, consider the lives of single mothers and measure your pressures against theirs. As a single father I consider myself no where near as stressed as any given single mother and my life has been far from easy, or, by choice, privileged. (End of rant.)

P.S., Ulli: Do you have a link to the prayers of the Baha'i sung in the original language? If so, Please share a link with us.

Blessings Abound Endlessly
    This song was recorded in 1992 in New York, at the second Baha'i congress.
    I was actually there, with husband and son...with emotions overflowing for the two days the congress lasted.
    The Baha'i teachings on women equality are quite extraordinary, as they go as far as giving preference to girls when educating one's children, as the mother is the first educator of the next generation. For this to come out of a Shia country like Persia, in the 19th century, is in itself noteworthy.
    Last edited by ulli; 30th November 2015 at 12:15.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Flash (30th November 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), Violet (1st December 2015)

20. Link to Post #47151
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

Quote The case has stunned keepers at a Russian safari park where normally big cats don’t think twice about eating the live prey placed helplessly in their enclosures. But this goat showed no inkling of fear, eyeballed the tiger, and took over his shelter.
    Seen quite a few photos in the last few years, of formerly unrelated animals getting along.
    Proof that something has shifted.
    Bible prophecy fulfilled that says that peace will come, and swords will be beaten into plough shares and the lion will lie down with the lamb...
    paraphrasing....
    Last edited by ulli; 30th November 2015 at 12:45.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Flash (30th November 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

22. Link to Post #47152
    Thanks

I was wondering how come you understood the lives of single mothers, until I saw you were a single dad. Hum..... I agree with that statement of yours, a single working mothers or/and worst with a child with a handicap has it quite bad (my rant lollll, I thought for years I would go nuts and/or that I was playing too much the victim, which I probably was, yet needed sooo much some support, until I realised that few had it that tough, even if it did open my heart tremendously - difficult karma)

Now, I am truly wondering, seen from a male perspective, why you think single mothers have it worst than single dads? Why would single dad be less stressed?
    Last edited by Flash; 30th November 2015 at 13:13.

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), genevieve (30th November 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015), Violet (30th November 2015)

24. Link to Post #47153
    Thanks

I shared this on Wade's thread, but thought some Villagers might appreciate it as well.
    Based on the explanation that anti gravity works on the basis of a piece of toast and jam tied to a cat's back.
    Toast always lands with the jam side down and cats land always feet first. So tying the two together leads to hovering....
    Lol

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), araucaria (1st December 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Carmody (1st December 2015), Flash (30th November 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), Joe Sustaire (1st December 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), Noir (14th December 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (30th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

26. Link to Post #47154
    Thanks

It all comes from Loving Women. No description fits here, because these are still just words....

I don't know if you want to hear this or how far I should go concerning gender inequalities around the world. Let's just say that when we see women acting as dumb as society allows and encourages men to act, it stands out, until the entertainment and political correctness glorifies the same actions in women and gentrifies stupidity. It has nothing to do with my actions or inaction. All I know is that there are many missed opportunities for women and me because of it.

I would suggest looking into women's eyes. Look at the way they carry themselves. Why should anyone, especially women, allow themselves to be judged by their basic appearance?

Look at the unreported abuses women go thru, especially in such a fake ass 'proud' military that allows such abuse and systemically hides it. The numbers and the silent co-workers, silent fellow soldiers, the silent politicians are many. And on the other hand abused men, because women are more likely to be abused, report abuse even less. I understand the lame mindset but does that make any sense at all?

I am not the only male who didn't join his country's military because I'd have ended up killing abusers. I stopped an older brother twice my age from abusing my sisters, when i was 8, and there wasn't a fraction of hesitation to confront him. Him hitting me hard enough to knock me down only escalated my intent and stopped the abuse, but my mother was a protector of her abusive sons and instilled in them, and some other family males, the same darkness that she experienced with her sisters as a child. This goes to the core of why there is so much inequality. When you have no voice most lives turn to either stopping the abuse or becoming the abuser. If it is not spoken about and dealt with, it always gets worse.

I have listened to men who have moved away from this predominantly catholic, hispanic area simply because of the way so many women treat men as a result of the hidden, yet culturally accepted, familial abuse they survived.

I hesitate to think what my job would be if more women knew me, so I just offer support whenever I can. Luckily, I have 2 great, self-empowered sisters who embody just what women can do in the face of being oppressed. It is not a coincidence that they are more beautiful than the abusive sisters are, because the inner strength shows on the outside. However, that misses the point of this note.

When i say to men, in the presence of women, that i support the self-empowerment of women I can tell how healthy a woman is by her reaction. Those who recoil from the words are usually adapted to self-abuse in some deep way, labeling me as a feminist, which is silly. How can you have a relationship with anyone who doesn't have a healthy relationship with themselves. I appreciate those reactions because it means that no time is wasted connecting with another illness.

Look at what some women have become after they have been abused and no one has done anything to stop it or make things so they don't happen again. My mother was that type in the worst way. She left some failed humans in her wake. In fact when I told her in great detail about what I had seen, heard and felt before I was born she had a shocked reaction, not from knowing i kept my pre-birth memories, but from what those memories could reveal to others about her past, a past that was never healed beyond my h'o pono opno words and intentions.

A good framework is to see how manipulated the feminist movement has been from the beginning. If there really was a movement to insure equality for women their would be guaranteed equal pay. There would be no pay gap. Superficial b.s..

When a serial politician like mrs. clinton, who has gone to deadly lengths to support a serial rapist husband, is offered up as a representative for the rights of women, you know there is a great disconnect from reality in the women who support her. In a country where pink means the support of women in great stress along with a profound and extensive dishonesty about real cancer cures, I can't help but speak up about the disconnect, the greed, and the systemic, institutional abuse of women's bodies.

The only tangible reality of the modern feminist movement is getting other men up to any level of insuring their partner's sexual satisfaction. Men who love women have always been there. Maybe we should offer a few classes, as I have been asked to do, as out of touch that that seems.

The pressures to appear within societal frameworks, dress this way, makeup like this, clothes like that..."Act like a lady". Until you get into the pressures implied by a male dominated society you wouldn't understand, as they are everywhere. For men like me our lives are noted as much for the things we don't do to and with women as for those things we do. That is pathetic, even if i have nothing to do with the abuses.

Also, beyond any spiritual concerns or moral outrage, what does it say about a society where women have been taught that abortion is contraception? Is it a woman's right to be uninformed about the depth and beauty, the detailed nature, of her own cycles, her natural options? (By the way, stevia-the plant based sweetener was used by native women for years as a contraceptive, a hormone disrupter). I wouldn't give anyone outside of a woman's body the so-called moral ground to make her decisions, even if they did have ovaries. Count on religion and manipulated emotions to make both sides of an issue equally ignorant and devoid of the true rights of women.

I can describe "alone" as living in a society without the nurture of women, the nature that is the very essence of the ability and quality of women. Disrupt that and I am only partially present, despite my adaptations to co-exist otherwise.

You ask why, as a father, I know of the condition of many women. It is Love.
    Last edited by Hym; 30th November 2015 at 17:26.

27. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), araucaria (1st December 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), Flash (30th November 2015), genevieve (2nd December 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), Joe Sustaire (1st December 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), moekatz (1st December 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015)

28. Link to Post #47155
    Thanks

Really great post, many thanks

The women in your life are Lucky, I hope they realise it.

Also thanks for the Stevia information, a company here is doing sparking water with Stevia as a sweetener, I mistakingly bought it thinking it is only sparkling, but drank this week end, to end up having hot flashes, which had pretty much disappeared up to now. NOw in know why, I disrupted my hormonal system lollllll

It all comes from Loving Women. No description fits here, because these are still just words....

I don't know if you want to hear this or how far I should go concerning gender inequalities around the world. Let's just say that when we see women acting as dumb as society allows and encourages men to act, it stands out, until the entertainment and political correctness glorifies the same actions in women and gentrifies stupidity. It has nothing to do with my actions or inaction. All I know is that there are many missed opportunities for women and me because of it.

I would suggest looking into women's eyes. Look at the way they carry themselves. Why should anyone, especially women, allow themselves to be judged by their basic appearance?

Look at the unreported abuses women go thru, especially in such a fake ass 'proud' military that allows such abuse and systemically hides it. The numbers and the silent co-workers, silent fellow soldiers, the silent politicians are many. And on the other hand abused men, because women are more likely to be abused, report abuse even less. I understand the lame mindset but does that make any sense at all?

I am not the only male who didn't join his country's military because I'd have ended up killing abusers. I stopped an older brother twice my age from abusing my sisters, when i was 8, and there wasn't a fraction of hesitation to confront him. Him hitting me hard enough to knock me down only escalated my intent and stopped the abuse, but my mother was a protector of her abusive sons and instilled in them, and some other family males, the same darkness that she experienced with her sisters as a child. This goes to the core of why there is so much inequality. When you have no voice most lives turn to either stopping the abuse or becoming the abuser. If it is not spoken about and dealt with, it always gets worse.

I have listened to men who have moved away from this predominantly catholic, hispanic area simply because of the way so many women treat men as a result of the hidden, yet culturally accepted, familial abuse they survived.

I hesitate to think what my job would be if more women knew me, so I just offer support whenever I can. Luckily, I have 2 great, self-empowered sisters who embody just what women can do in the face of being oppressed. It is not a coincidence that they are more beautiful than the abusive sisters are, because the inner strength shows on the outside. However, that misses the point of this note.

When i say to men, in the presence of women, that i support the self-empowerment of women I can tell how healthy a woman is by her reaction. Those who recoil from the words are usually adapted to self-abuse in some deep way, labeling me as a feminist, which is silly. How can you have a relationship with anyone who doesn't have a healthy relationship with themselves. I appreciate those reactions because it means that no time is wasted connecting with another illness.

Look at what some women have become after they have been abused and no one has done anything to stop it or make things so they don't happen again. My mother was that type in the worst way. She left some failed humans in her wake. In fact when I told her in great detail about what I had seen, heard and felt before I was born she had a shocked reaction, not from knowing i kept my pre-birth memories, but from what those memories could reveal to others about her past, a past that was never healed beyond my h'o pono opno words and intentions.

A good framework is to see how manipulated the feminist movement has been from the beginning. If there really was a movement to insure equality for women their would be guaranteed equal pay. There would be no pay gap. Superficial b.s..

When a serial politician like mrs. clinton, who has gone to deadly lengths to support a serial rapist husband, is offered up as a representative for the rights of women, you know there is a great disconnect from reality in the women who support her. In a country where pink means the support of women in great stress along with a profound and extensive dishonesty about real cancer cures, I can't help but speak up about the disconnect, the greed, and the systemic, institutional abuse of women's bodies.

The only tangible reality of the modern feminist movement is getting other men up to any level of insuring their partner's sexual satisfaction. Men who love women have always been there. Maybe we should offer a few classes, as I have been asked to do, as out of touch that that seems.

The pressures to appear within societal frameworks, dress this way, makeup like this, clothes like that..."Act like a lady". Until you get into the pressures implied by a male dominated society you wouldn't understand, as they are everywhere. For men like me our lives are noted as much for the things we don't do to and with women as for those things we do. That is pathetic, even if i have nothing to do with the abuses.

Also, beyond any spiritual concerns or moral outrage, what does it say about a society where women have been taught that abortion is contraception? Is it a woman's right to be uninformed about the depth and beauty, the detailed nature, of her own cycles, her natural options? (By the way, stevia-the plant based sweetener was used by native women for years as a contraceptive, a hormone disrupter). I wouldn't give anyone outside of a woman's body the so-called moral ground to make her decisions, even if they did have ovaries. Count on religion and manipulated emotions to make both sides of an issue equally ignorant and devoid of the true rights of women.

I can describe "alone" as living in a society without the nurture of women, the nature that is the very essence of the ability and quality of women. Disrupt that and I am only partially present, despite my adaptations to co-exist otherwise.

You ask why, as a father, I know of the condition of many women. It is Love.

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), araucaria (1st December 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), genevieve (2nd December 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015)

30. Link to Post #47156
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Here is a bright idea that deserves maximum publicity: cardboard beds for the homeless (until, that is, we get them off the streets)

http://www.theguardian.com/science/b...-stem-refugees

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), genevieve (2nd December 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), moekatz (1st December 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Sierra (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015)

32. Link to Post #47157
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Hey it's me,

Thank you.

Sierra

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), araucaria (1st December 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), genevieve (2nd December 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), Joe Sustaire (1st December 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015)

34. Link to Post #47158
    Thanks

When i proposed to the U.N. the idea of providing small, portable, collapsable solar ovens to the women in war torn areas of Africa I never got a reply. When I saw how many would have to walk far to find firewood and also face the possibility and reality of being raped by the rebels in their areas i knew that an immediate solution would be those units.

It seems that the simple solutions for governmental organizations have to have some payoff for some asshole somewhere with a need to be recognized. I haven't looked into it for a while. I hope some like solution has been given, irregardless of the politics needed to qualify for action to be taken on those mother's behalf.

35. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), Fairy Friend (30th November 2015), genevieve (2nd December 2015), Ivanhoe (1st December 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), RunningDeer (1st December 2015), Sierra (2nd December 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), thunder24 (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015), ulli (30th November 2015)

36. Link to Post #47159
    Thanks

When i proposed to the U.N. the idea of providing small, portable, collapsable solar ovens to the women in war torn areas of Africa I never got a reply. When I saw how many would have to walk far to find firewood and also face the possibility and reality of being raped by the rebels in their areas i knew that an immediate solution would be those units.

It seems that the simple solutions for governmental organizations have to have some payoff for some asshole somewhere with a need to be recognized. I haven't looked into it for a while. I hope some like solution has been given, irregardless of the politics needed to qualify for action to be taken on those mother's behalf.

I have a similar story. Daniel Murphy, a biologist from the university of Arizona, came to Barbados years ago with a cotton project and while there he was married to a friend of mine, and she kept me informed of his subsequent projects.

Salicornia is a plant that lives in salt water and his idea was to grow it in Saudi Arabia, to help feed the people of the African continent.
    The project was funded by Marlon Brando, the actor, who gave several million dollars of his own money. Brando was later interviewed on CNN, by Larry King, and the Salicornia Project was all he wanted to talk about, while Larry King interrupted him constantly to get info of family gossip instead.

Needless to say, even though the salicornia plant is delicious when eaten raw, and one can also extract oil from it, and also make flour from it, and it grows in desert sand that is irrigated with sea water, the project died.

It was the first time that I learnt first-hand that there are powers out there who will block anything that would benefit the poor masses in a real way. This was in the late eighties.

Here is the interview. Brando tries to offer Larry King a salicornia cookie to eat.
    Last edited by ulli; 30th November 2015 at 20:13.

37. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (30th November 2015), araucaria (1st December 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Carmody (1st December 2015), Flash (30th November 2015), genevieve (2nd December 2015), Hym (30th November 2015), Ivanhoe (1st December 2015), Jean-Marie (30th November 2015), meeradas (30th November 2015), Noir (14th December 2015), RunningDeer (30th November 2015), Sierra (2nd December 2015), Stephanie (1st December 2015), thunder24 (1st December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

38. Link to Post #47160
    Thanks

39. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (1st December 2015), Calz (1st December 2015), Carmody (1st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (10th December 2015), eaglespirit (14th December 2015), genevieve (2nd December 2015), Hym (1st December 2015), Jean-Marie (1st December 2015), Joe Sustaire (1st December 2015), RunningDeer (1st December 2015), Shannon (1st December 2015), Sierra (2nd December 2015), transiten (2nd December 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2358 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1358 1858 2258 2308 2348 2358 2368 2408 2458 2703 LastLast