+ Reply to Thread
Page 2483 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1483 1983 2383 2433 2473 2483 2493 2533 2583 2703 LastLast
Results 49,641 to 49,660 of 54048

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #49641
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,306 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I know your initent was fine Paula and I know your information was right. The difference with me, today, is that I have undertaken not to shuffle such comments under the carpet anymore and go fishing.
    It’s not about shuffling comments under the carpet. To clarify, I go fishin’ when my feelings and perspectives are out of whack. I step away because don’t want to infect others with the energy.

I’m sure there are people out there that need someone to point things out. My belief is that anyone with a modicum of inner awareness can hear the words they write and make a decision to at least begin to make small changes in dialogue and/or life choices.

At the risk of repeating myself, I believe when people are ready, they’ll grow into more inward empowerment and change what needs changing not tomorrow, not on the beginning of the new years day, not after summer vacation. Now. Change what keeps one locked in prison mode. Listen to inner dialogue that holds one hostage. Often, it’s a minor behavior tweak that’ll open one up to a whole new perspective game.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th August 2016 at 13:55.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (27th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Chester (31st August 2016), Curt (26th August 2016), genevieve (26th August 2016), Jean-Marie (26th August 2016), lake (26th August 2016), PurpleLama (26th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), Sierra (26th August 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (26th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

3. Link to Post #49642
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,540 times in 813 posts

6. taking one's own responsibilities for what is happening around oneself, not only to oneself. Until we reach that step of thinking for the well being of all and acting in consequence, psychopaths will have the game to themselves. Responsibility is one of the main key to unlock the problem.
    Whilst getting involved in dramas is not my thing, although I do try?.......I would agree with you Flash that taking one's own responsibilities for what is happening around oneself, not only to oneself is paramount....and is actually regardless of the dilema!

On the same note:

Quote Obesity.

Preservatives.

What is a preservative?

A preservative is a name, nothing more.

It is a way of naming a chemical that kills fungus and mold.

there is only one problem with that. anything that kills fungus and mold, kills anything that is alive. Any living cellular structure that attempts to replicate itself, will be killed by the preservative.

"Preservative" is a polite industry euphemism for 'biocides' and 'fungicides'.

Now, how does your digestive system work?

it works via a giant mess of ...differing living organisms, a living biological stew. This, combined with the more native enzymes and acids, etc..in your stomach, this is what allows you to absorb food, to gain energies from the food. it also allows for proper breakdown.

This means that you CANNOT eat even one single bit of any food that has had any form of 'preservative' applied to it.

If you do, you kill your mix of stomach bugs, and you can no longer process the foods or organic materials you have consumed. And when not properly consumed, your body will turn the residuals into fat, or fight to eliminate the residuals, or turn these improperly broken down materials into some simile of fat. Something that isn't supposed to be stored in the body, will be stored in the body, as it was not properly broken down.

My point is that a notably large part of the obesity issue is tied directly to any form of GMO or preservatives in or on food.

this means not ONE single bit of preserved foods must enter your diet.

the moment you do that, you destroy your digestive enzyme mix,and doom your self to low energy, and obesity, and improper mind and body function.

Clean organic foods ONLY. PERIOD.

Not one single trip to MacDonalds, not one cappuccino smoothie, not one cheap meal, not one hotdog, Not one salami sandwich, not one bit of major brand label slice of bread, Not one can of food, or bag of chips....and so on. Besides the insulin issues, the diet drinks, all of that. All of it has to go. Not even once. For the one single bag of chips, or hotdog, or whatever..it has the preservatives that will kill your digestive enzyme/bug mix that is in your stomach. You'll need to take probiotics to rebuild it, and never step into the area of danger, even once. Otherwise, you have to start all over again.

All that "food", 90% of what is in a supermarket (cereals, peanut butter, any canned food, anything frozen and prepared) has preservatives in or on it. Ninety percent!

Danger. You have to look very closely. Lets say your buy trail mix, to live healthy. Well, if it is not entirely organic, and you have not looked close enough, it has..preservatives in it and on it. To increase it's shelf life.

Any of that, any preservative..which is added to almost everything... has the minimum quadruple effect of making you obese, killing your body, and making you unable to function, and thus...unable think properly, unable to think at any form of a peak intellect.

Your stomach, and how it operates... is your gateway to life.
    Obesity-and-food-preservatives

Which of course is also a responsibility of the self....whether to consume or not?

I drink and smoke....I blame no one else for that, not even this body or any attached entity’s.......It Is My Choice and i can change when I wish it to be.
    The body is functioning as I believe it to, my perception.

Any way I now have forgotten what I intended to ask?
    Damn those musical escapades dancing within my egotistical mind....

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Carmody (28th August 2016), Chester (31st August 2016), Dianamar (26th August 2016), drneglector (27th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), PurpleLama (26th August 2016), RunningDeer (26th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), Sierra (26th August 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (26th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

5. Link to Post #49643
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ah....this is what I wanted to say

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Right. Good idea.
    Chose a third world country, one that has a decent public transport system.
    Don't get a car as that would only isolate you from the natives.
    Chose one where they speak a language you understand.
    Your biggest expense will be your rent ($300, or thereabouts) plus your Internet connection. Your food should be cheap if you stay away from imported goods and shop only in the farmers markets like the locals.
    Remember the locals can feed a whole family on less than $400 a month....
    If you live near a post office you can become a trader...buy second hand stuff online and sell on your front porch garage
    sale style. That will get you to connect with loads of people.
    Belize is one such place.
    Anywhere in Central America, but knowlege of Spanish would be a must.
    You'd be surprised how much people already know about alternative subjects...just need a few more details.
    In the end you might find you can learn even more than you wanted to teach.
    The poor are artists at survival.
    Thanks Ulli.......I want this to be a part of my future plans
    Nice post

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), Chester (31st August 2016), Dianamar (26th August 2016), fourty-two (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), PurpleLama (26th August 2016), RunningDeer (26th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), Sierra (26th August 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (26th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

7. Link to Post #49644
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Target, there is no relation between intelligence, abilities to think and research, and weight. Period.
    Annnd I totally agree with you.... self discipline, discipline in general is why some posts on this forum are great, well researched & presented in a "consumable forum"; I'm sure intelligence plays into that as well.

If you take a look at my posts on this forum, Levity = brevity

I don't put much effort into joking around or half serious comments. It's fun to occasionally dip back into the "left vs right" pool (one I waded in most my life) but over all it's still a pretty useless pursuit & who could pass up a great liberal/snopes tie in?! (apparently not me)

You've really spun this up into something, not sure where your going to go with this now.. so far I'm a racist, a Muslim and some other stuff I didn't bother to remember.

Quote Posted by Curt (here)
    So in this spirit, I would ask you to consider whether you might have fallen into this very trap in this particular case.
    Couldn't agree more; .. a statement with less than 50 words in it is hardly something I am committed to or even give a second thought about (I'm, in general, much more verbose than that on any topic worthy of thought).

Do you really think I was making a serious argument/statement at that point?

have you ever seen my "arsenal" (hint: I don't have one), maybe this is just all blown a bit out of proportion?

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)

Yes, weight is the hook for much misognyistic cruelty and bullying that is usually not applied to men, only to women and children.
    it may be more ignored, but it's misandristicly used as well... & is present in nearly every move you've ever seen... in fact I'd say men/fat shaming is so widely accepted it's not even seen anymore.

Remember this guy:

This is what he normally looks like:

But that doesn't fit the super common steriotype... does it?

In other words, he is big enough to take what I say and hopefully wise enough to slowly think about it.
    not sure about the second part, time will tell.

Definitely the first part... words on a screen that I choose to read have only the power over me that I give them.

Target the Redneck?? .
    I've gained so many titles in the past few hours... this is more attention than I've had in years!

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    Ah....this is what I wanted to say

Right. Good idea.
    Chose a third world country, one that has a decent public transport system.
    Don't get a car as that would only isolate you from the natives.
    Chose one where they speak a language you understand.
    Your biggest expense will be your rent ($300, or thereabouts) plus your Internet connection. Your food should be cheap if you stay away from imported goods and shop only in the farmers markets like the locals.
    Remember the locals can feed a whole family on less than $400 a month....
    If you live near a post office you can become a trader...buy second hand stuff online and sell on your front porch garage
    sale style. That will get you to connect with loads of people.
    Belize is one such place.
    Anywhere in Central America, but knowlege of Spanish would be a must.
    You'd be surprised how much people already know about alternative subjects...just need a few more details.
    In the end you might find you can learn even more than you wanted to teach.
    The poor are artists at survival.
    Thanks Ulli.......I want this to be a part of my future plans
    Nice post
    I found this to be true in the USVI as well (I'd say we are a hairsbreadth from 3rd world here).. The "bush men" are some of my favorite guys to talk to.. always super positive and can point out a million uses for the stuff that I see as "trash plants".

My yard was PACKED with what I thought were very annoying weeds that were killing anything below them.. I was ripping them out by the root and stacking them (had a nice 4ft tall stack going) when one of these guys came by to get his weekly "fertilizer" (we pile our horse manure in the corner of our yard and I've offered it up to the local farmers... I can get quite a bit out of 22 horses) and he asked what I was doing with all that Callaloo.

I said... "Calla what? I'm just pulling weeds."

He took everything in my yard and helped me pull the rest, the next day he came over with a pretty damn tasty soup for me to try:

I imagine he had enough to make a TON of soup... now I'm cultivating this "weed" in a corner of my yard
    Last edited by TargeT; 26th August 2016 at 17:59.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Curt (26th August 2016), Ernie Nemeth (26th August 2016), fourty-two (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (26th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), lake (26th August 2016), PurpleLama (26th August 2016), RunningDeer (26th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), Sierra (26th August 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), thunder24 (27th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

9. Link to Post #49645
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    This one may escape any time it desires to, for it knows the way.
    Hello mate, just wondering....is this on the correct path?

Quote Posted by Carmody
    Now, like the rainbow of light that spreads from the prism when illuminated, this zone of 'multiple energies'... this rolling band of lensed and shifted energies called the edge of dawn, the window or door in and out of this place could be considered to be the edge of the rolling moving dawn light. Note the prominence of it in the vast majority of ancient religions and secret societies.

Is the power of entry or exit, the revolving door, is that the dawn? Biblically speaking...(there are obviously other interpretations) Lucifer's controlled doorway/access and effect?
    And no I didn't have knowledge of an anti-proton sphere surrounding Terra!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14405122

Interesting thread though. Ta

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), RunningDeer (26th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), Sierra (26th August 2016), TargeT (26th August 2016)

11. Link to Post #49646
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

And while I am on a posting frenzy, I may as well ask if any of you nice folk could inform me as to why children see me as purple?
    As for at least the last 20 years I have had parents come up to me and apologize for their children staring but that their kids have asked them why is that man purple?
    The adults are always laughing about it....but the kids mean it!

So do any of you know why I would be seen as purple?

Thanks.......I hope

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), RunningDeer (26th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), Sierra (26th August 2016), Stephanie (28th August 2016), TargeT (26th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

13. Link to Post #49647
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

There is a person here whom I see occasionally in the downtown core. Every time I see him I am startled by the color of his skin. It is purple. When I look back he is just normally dark black. I know people darker and I never see purple with them...don't know what it means - I place it in the strange column with various possible explanations.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), fourty-two (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), RunningDeer (26th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), Stephanie (28th August 2016), TargeT (26th August 2016)

15. Link to Post #49648
    Thanks

And while I am on a posting frenzy, I may as well ask if any of you nice folk could inform me as to why children see me as purple?
    As for at least the last 20 years I have had parents come up to me and apologize for their children staring but that their kids have asked them why is that man purple?

Thanks.......I hope
    Highest color in the spectrum of visible light, "royal purple" is often hijacked by monarchs to lend them credibility etc.. lots of spiritual mumbojumbo out there on this topic... I'd imagine there's some validity to it if only because of the "royal" connection (those bastards used every trick in the book to stay in power; alternate knowledge included).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), Ernie Nemeth (26th August 2016), fourty-two (27th August 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), RunningDeer (26th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

17. Link to Post #49649
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

Regarding the "royal purple"...

Quote Tyrian purple (aka Royal purple or Imperial purple) is a dye extracted from the murex shellfish which was first produced by the Phoenician city of Tyre in the Bronze Age. Its difficulty of manufacture, striking purple to red colour range, and resistance to fading made clothing dyed using Tyrian purple highly desirable and expensive. The Phoenicians gained great fame as sellers of purple and exported its manufacture to its colonies, notably Carthage, from where it spread in popularity and was adopted by the Romans as a symbol of imperial authority and status.
    http://www.ancient.eu/Tyrian_Purple/

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Ernie Nemeth (26th August 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), RunningDeer (26th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (27th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

19. Link to Post #49650
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks.......I hope
    What initially came to mind is that kids are open to seeing. Several times, I caught sight of the same person's purple aura. It was easier to see when the body was in sunlight.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (27th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

21. Link to Post #49651
    Australia Avalon Member Dianamar's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you Target for the confirmation, moving to a nice place coincided with a weight loss. So for you, what was the significant difference in places and how did it manifest in your happiness ? ie. what made you happy about your new surroundings ?

What i'd noticed about my situation is that when the diets didn't work i realised it had to be something else. I worried for a while i may have an illness but all that was detected were hormonal imbalances. Had i have left those imbalances unchecked it would have lead to more physical problems i'm sure.
    When i boiled it down i relaised one thing, one contributing factor. My Ego ! when i had to make that decision about leaving work i found my self contemplating not being able to make as much money as men ! not being able to beat competing companies for contracts ! I wanted to win and my work was feeding that animal... It was a hard pill to swallow, but then i asked my self the question, Was I Happy ? and other than feeding fleeting ego bliss bombs, i had to admit to my self... No ... i was actually miserable.

I see now that was the hardest realisation to come to. It took sitting down for a month eating chocolate and watching bad tv shows to realise it ! I remember having moments of extreme boredom where my mind would wander... and small pieces of the puzzle came together, had i not had the courage to listen to that tiny little voice back there, i would not have had the courage to break the cage i'd made my self.

Truth is change takes courage and it often feels wrong, it feels like you're going against the grain, against everything you have " ACCUMULATED " but the words of a funny little man with a strange name told me to just follow my joy and i went for it and never looked back.
    How unlikely is that for an organised career girl ? TOTALLY ! So diet imo is secondary to happiness, i think that's why some diets say Eat what you want ! this kind of relieves the emotional pressure of denying what you love, adding to the guilt and stress of dieting.

Its good to eat good foods but it wouldn't exist here if it wasn't necessary on some level.

I'm not a skinny mini nor do i have any dislike for skinny women, i feel good being a voluptuous woman, i look and feel good ( if i may say so ) I am happy as me. This is in part a plus for the spiritual " gurus " out there, a lot of them are a bit nutty and some are for want of a better word " full of it " but some are genuinely concerned and just do what feels natural to them. Its up to us to discern the advice and at least have the courage to try.

I took a big risk, and i lost a lot, but i gained so much more than what i could have imagined.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dianamar For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), PurpleLama (27th August 2016), RunningDeer (27th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

23. Link to Post #49652
    Thanks

6. taking one's own responsibilities for what is happening around oneself, not only to oneself. Until we reach that step of thinking for the well being of all and acting in consequence, psychopaths will have the game to themselves. Responsibility is one of the main key to unlock the problem.
    Whilst getting involved in dramas is not my thing, although I do try?.......I would agree with you Flash that taking one's own responsibilities for what is happening around oneself, not only to oneself is paramount....and is actually regardless of the dilema!

On the same note:

Quote Obesity.

Preservatives.

What is a preservative?

A preservative is a name, nothing more.

It is a way of naming a chemical that kills fungus and mold.

there is only one problem with that. anything that kills fungus and mold, kills anything that is alive. Any living cellular structure that attempts to replicate itself, will be killed by the preservative.

"Preservative" is a polite industry euphemism for 'biocides' and 'fungicides'.

Now, how does your digestive system work?

it works via a giant mess of ...differing living organisms, a living biological stew. This, combined with the more native enzymes and acids, etc..in your stomach, this is what allows you to absorb food, to gain energies from the food. it also allows for proper breakdown.

This means that you CANNOT eat even one single bit of any food that has had any form of 'preservative' applied to it.

If you do, you kill your mix of stomach bugs, and you can no longer process the foods or organic materials you have consumed. And when not properly consumed, your body will turn the residuals into fat, or fight to eliminate the residuals, or turn these improperly broken down materials into some simile of fat. Something that isn't supposed to be stored in the body, will be stored in the body, as it was not properly broken down.

My point is that a notably large part of the obesity issue is tied directly to any form of GMO or preservatives in or on food.

this means not ONE single bit of preserved foods must enter your diet.

the moment you do that, you destroy your digestive enzyme mix,and doom your self to low energy, and obesity, and improper mind and body function.

Clean organic foods ONLY. PERIOD.

Not one single trip to MacDonalds, not one cappuccino smoothie, not one cheap meal, not one hotdog, Not one salami sandwich, not one bit of major brand label slice of bread, Not one can of food, or bag of chips....and so on. Besides the insulin issues, the diet drinks, all of that. All of it has to go. Not even once. For the one single bag of chips, or hotdog, or whatever..it has the preservatives that will kill your digestive enzyme/bug mix that is in your stomach. You'll need to take probiotics to rebuild it, and never step into the area of danger, even once. Otherwise, you have to start all over again.

All that "food", 90% of what is in a supermarket (cereals, peanut butter, any canned food, anything frozen and prepared) has preservatives in or on it. Ninety percent!

Danger. You have to look very closely. Lets say your buy trail mix, to live healthy. Well, if it is not entirely organic, and you have not looked close enough, it has..preservatives in it and on it. To increase it's shelf life.

Any of that, any preservative..which is added to almost everything... has the minimum quadruple effect of making you obese, killing your body, and making you unable to function, and thus...unable think properly, unable to think at any form of a peak intellect.

Your stomach, and how it operates... is your gateway to life.
    Obesity-and-food-preservatives

Which of course is also a responsibility of the self....whether to consume or not?

I drink and smoke....I blame no one else for that, not even this body or any attached entity’s.......It Is My Choice and i can change when I wish it to be.
    The body is functioning as I believe it to, my perception.

Any way I now have forgotten what I intended to ask?
    Damn those musical escapades dancing within my egotistical mind....
    Actually smoking, in moderation, can be very good for you. Did you know that pure tobacco is very high in vitamin B, and breathing it in through the lungs is actually very good for you ( in moderation ). Its normally the paper the tobacco is wrapped in that's bad for you.

I believe also one of the oldest men on earth drank rice wine daily. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ching-Yuen now i know its wiki... however interesting none the less. He also did Chi Gung ( not sure if that's right ) that's a spiritual kind of breathing exercise.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dianamar For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), RunningDeer (27th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (27th August 2016), ulli (26th August 2016)

25. Link to Post #49653
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by Dianamar (here)
    I appreciate Running Deer bringing the post and this is not really about her ( speaking directly now ) I can see somewhere in your life you have been challenged by the " circus " and i feel for you, i hope you don't give up because this is the test.
    Thanks, Dianamar, and a belated welcome to Avalon.

Naw. Giving up is not my style. If I’m down, it’s not for long. When I signed on to this experience, I brought my secret weapon.

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Thats cool. I hear you..

...but i don't regard life as a "test" . I believe thats just another meme, or program if you will. So are ideas of "passing" and "failing".

Spiritual advancement, like most things, means different things to different people. One persons ascension is another persons hell.

Atheist? I dont think so. His ideas just go far beyond an old man in the sky with a really good beard.
    Speaking of memes and ‘isms’…here’s what Doug Michael points out, including atheists. If you are short on time, the first 7-8 minutes is power packed.

A World without “God"

I like this video, it really hits some strong points.

I wonder was the Introduction of a God done for good reasons ? but as usual taken off on a corrupt tangent as we humans do ? Lets face it, the better isms of religion are never adhered to.

Did war exist before Christ and the idea of One God ? Yes. Actually the world was continually at war if we are to believe historical archives. So what was the motivation ? i'd say the same as today, to expand on ACCUMULATION of land and wealth, then and now using the excuse of it being done in the name of God but really it had little to do with God at all... if wealth and power were not the result of wars in the name of God, war wouldn't exist.

So in the middle east we look at the muslims as being extremist for killing in the name of allah but do we look at the reaction as opposed to the cause ? Yes, we rarely look at the cause and that is the root of the problem is it not ? They kill in the name of allah because they call on the strength of their god to give them power to fight their oppressors.

When i train at the gym i call on the power of my god Kurt Cobain and in my head phones he screams at me with relentless grungy guitars and in turn that makes me upset ! and the energy of that upset gives me the power to finish my tread mill and go to boot camp !

Without the extra pounds i would have no reason to be there ... Without the Oil the middle east would be a peaceful place. With what those poor people have been put through for Oil and retaliate in the name of allah... what else can they call on to avenge the deaths of their children , mothers and fathers ?

So in essence the video is right but it's flawed as well. Is there a god ? i don't know, but i have experienced things i can't explain so i'm happy to let him take the blame. Yes we do blame god but is god to blame or what we think he/she/it, is and responsible for, to blame ? what i think is to blame is the tangent we have a good idea and turned it into an excuse as the video states, i think that's the best part of it. But is the video now blaming god for not researching history and realising that wars existed for thousands of years before the introduction of Christ ? and does it take into account that after Christ wars decreased a little...

Maybe we just didn't fear him enough ? or the fear wore off and the real reason behind war was revealed.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dianamar For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Ernie Nemeth (28th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), RunningDeer (27th August 2016), TargeT (27th August 2016), ulli (27th August 2016)

27. Link to Post #49654
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I believe also one of the oldest men on earth drank rice wine daily. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ching-Yuen now i know its wiki... however interesting none the less. He also did Chi Gung ( not sure if that's right ) that's a spiritual kind of breathing exercise.
    There are several spellings for Qigong which is similar to Tai Chi:

What is Qigong?

Qigong (alternatively spelled chi gung or chi kung) is a form of gentle exercise composed of movements that are repeated a number of times, often stretching the body, increasing fluid movement (blood, synovial and lymph) and building awareness of how the body moves through space.

When you practice and learn a qigong exercise movement, there are both external movements and internal movements. These internal movements or flows in China are called neigong or "internal power". These internal neigong movements make qigong a superior health and wellness practice.
    The internal movements also differentiate qigong from almost every other form of exercise in the West that often emphasizes prolonged cardiovascular movements (such as in running and biking) or that focus on muscular strength training (weight lifting).

[continued here]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th August 2016 at 01:29.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Dianamar (27th August 2016), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (27th August 2016), ulli (27th August 2016)

29. Link to Post #49655
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Thirteen year old physicist talks about God

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Dianamar (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), Orph (27th August 2016), RunningDeer (27th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), skyflower (30th August 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (27th August 2016)

31. Link to Post #49656
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 times in 839 posts

Tension everywhere seem to be much higher than normal. Not only here on this thread, but other threads as well. I also notice it in my everyday life. More and more people have shorter and shorter fuses. Including me. We're living in very trying and chaotic times. Maybe we all need to take a few more deep breaths during our day. Every day.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Dianamar (27th August 2016), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), RunningDeer (27th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), TargeT (27th August 2016), ulli (27th August 2016)

33. Link to Post #49657
    Thanks

well first off, let me say; Your story has a lot of parallels to mine (I suppose that shouldn't be too surprising given the competitive nature of professional work).

Thank you Target for the confirmation, moving to a nice place coincided with a weight loss. So for you, what was the significant difference in places and how did it manifest in your happiness ? ie. what made you happy about your new surroundings ?
    ahh, well significant difference in places.. heh

In January of 2012, with my truck and family fully packed and ready to move out of Wasilla Alaska to Ogden Utah (blah) for a significant career advancement I received a call back on a random job I had Applied for among the slew of others, (at this point I had been in alaska for 13 years, I was done; I literally applied all over the world for jobs) a job offer in the US virgin Islands.

It was a step backwards as far as "careers".

If you google the USVI, St Croix: you might find that the USVI has the 3rd highest murder rate in the world, the average income is $24,704 (was imo.....)

or that the main revenue for the islands, Hovenza which was the 4th largest oil refinery in the world (at the time), had just shut down.

Before that Day I knew nothing about the USVI, I vaguely thought it was an island in the florida keys, perhaps. (which I still thought, for a surprisingly long time... haha).

I asked my boss at the time, a crusty old CW4 (Chief Warrant Officer 4.. warrant officers are the subject matter experts of their field.. aka mentors, if they are good) that had served over 28 years in the signal field, a very wise man in many ways.

He flippantly said "well, you were looking for a job when you got that one, right? If you don't like it, you could do that again".

I was speechless.. that's,, that's not what you do, you go for the advancement.. don't you?

What i'd noticed about my situation is that when the diets didn't work i realised it had to be something else. I worried for a while i may have an illness but all that was detected were hormonal imbalances. Had i have left those imbalances unchecked it would have lead to more physical problems i'm sure.
    I worried about TBI (which causes hormonal imbalance), I had my blood levels tested... they were basically "ok"

When i boiled it down i relaised one thing, one contributing factor. My Ego ! when i had to make that decision about leaving work i found my self contemplating not being able to make as much money as men ! not being able to beat competing companies for contracts ! I wanted to win and my work was feeding that animal... It was a hard pill to swallow, but then i asked my self the question, Was I Happy ? and other than feeding fleeting ego bliss bombs, i had to admit to my self... No ... i was actually miserable.
    I never made it to that point, at the time. I wish I had.

I see now that was the hardest realisation to come to. It took sitting down for a month eating chocolate and watching bad tv shows to realise it ! I remember having moments of extreme boredom where my mind would wander... and small pieces of the puzzle came together, had i not had the courage to listen to that tiny little voice back there, i would not have had the courage to break the cage i'd made my self.

Truth is change takes courage and it often feels wrong, it feels like you're going against the grain, against everything you have " ACCUMULATED " but the words of a funny little man with a strange name told me to just follow my joy and i went for it and never looked back.
    How unlikely is that for an organised career girl ? TOTALLY ! So diet imo is secondary to happiness, i think that's why some diets say Eat what you want ! this kind of relieves the emotional pressure of denying what you love, adding to the guilt and stress of dieting.
    I haven't tied the two together, but I think you may be very right.

Its good to eat good foods but it wouldn't exist here if it wasn't necessary on some level.
    I follow my cravings now, but don't eat the "expected volume" for a "big guy" I eat out far too much ( no, I don't... I love it!) and consider myself a "foodie".. Luckily "farm to table" is super popular here and the food is amazing. I rarely finish most of what they put in font of me and sometimes my pig gets amazing leftovers.

I'm not a skinny mini nor do i have any dislike for skinny women, i feel good being a voluptuous woman, i look and feel good ( if i may say so ) I am happy as me. This is in part a plus for the spiritual " gurus " out there, a lot of them are a bit nutty and some are for want of a better word " full of it " but some are genuinely concerned and just do what feels natural to them. Its up to us to discern the advice and at least have the courage to try.

I took a big risk, and i lost a lot, but i gained so much more than what i could have imagined.
    I couldn't agree more, at times it seems so strange; but I've used it to pattern a lot more of my life. I act by instinct a lot now; it's working out amazingly.
    Last edited by TargeT; 27th August 2016 at 05:32.
    Where are you?

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (27th August 2016), Dianamar (27th August 2016), Ernie Nemeth (28th August 2016), fourty-two (27th August 2016), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), lake (28th August 2016), RunningDeer (27th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (27th August 2016), ulli (27th August 2016)

35. Link to Post #49658
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Huh ... all dat?

What happened to a few tunes here???

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Curt (28th August 2016), Ernie Nemeth (28th August 2016), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), PurpleLama (29th August 2016), RunningDeer (28th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (28th August 2016), ulli (27th August 2016)

37. Link to Post #49659
    Thanks

Uhh,,,

TAKE

MY

MONEY!

Last edited by TargeT; 27th August 2016 at 20:45.
    Where are you?

38. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (28th August 2016), Calz (28th August 2016), Curt (28th August 2016), Dianamar (2nd September 2016), Foxie Loxie (27th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (27th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), PurpleLama (29th August 2016), raff (29th August 2016), RunningDeer (28th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (28th August 2016), ulli (27th August 2016)

39. Link to Post #49660
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hodgepodge post:

A shout out and a hug to Calzie.

After a visit with a sister #4 today, I lie down for a quick nap and woke up to nighttime 4 1/2 hours later.

13 year old, Richard Greene rocks.
    Enjoy your evening, All.

Quote Posted by Calz (here)
    What happened to a few tunes here???
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th August 2016 at 03:48.

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (28th August 2016), avid (28th August 2016), Calz (28th August 2016), Curt (28th August 2016), genevieve (28th August 2016), Jean-Marie (28th August 2016), Krist (28th August 2016), Sierra (2nd September 2016), Stephanie (28th August 2016), ulli (28th August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2483 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1483 1983 2383 2433 2473 2483 2493 2533 2583 2703 LastLast