+ Reply to Thread
Page 2562 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1562 2062 2462 2512 2552 2562 2572 2612 2662 2703 LastLast
Results 51,221 to 51,240 of 54050

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #51221
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Love, by Sugarland

Is it the face of a child
    Is it the thrill of danger
    Is it the kindness we see in the eyes of a stranger

Is it more than faith
    Is it more than hope
    Is it waiting for us at the end of our rope

I say, it's love
    I say, it's love

Is it the one you call home
    Is it the Holy Land
    Is is standing right here holding your hand

Is it just like the movies
    Is it rice and white lace
    Is it the feeling I get when I wake to your face

I say, it's love
    I say, it's love

Is it the first summer storm
    Is it the colors of fall
    Is it having so little
    And yet having it all

Is it one in a million
    Is it a chance to belong
    Is it standing right here singing this song

I say, it's love
    I say, it's love
    I say, it's love

Is it a veil or a cross
    Is it the poet's gift
    Is it the face that has launched over thousands of ships

Is it making you laugh
    Is it letting you cry
    Is it where we believe that we go when we die

Is it how you were made
    Is it your mother's ghost
    Is it the wish that I'm wishing for you life, for your life, for your life the most

Stuart Wilde - The Warrior's Prayer

I am what I am.
    In having faith in the beauty within me I develop trust.
    In softness I have strength.
    In silence I walk with the gods.
    In peace I understand myself and the world.
    In conflict I walk away.
    In detachment I am free.
    In respecting all living things I respect myself.
    In dedication I honour the courage within me.
    In eternity I have compassion for the nature of all things.
    In love I unconditionally accept the evolution of others.
    In freedom I have power.
    In my individuality I express the God-Force within me.
    In service I give of what I have become.
    I am what I am:
    Eternal, immortal, universal, and infinite.
    And so be it. 

Kenny G - Forever in Love (Instrumental)
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 29th July 2018 at 22:41.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (31st July 2018), Bluegreen (7th August 2018), ErtheVessel (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (30th July 2018), genevieve (30th July 2018), Stephanie (3rd August 2018), Swan (30th July 2018), Valerie Villars (31st July 2018), Violet (30th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #51222
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Cool Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Another heat wave for our regions possibly ahead

Meanwhile, this is La Salida de la familia de Boabdil (or: The exit of the family of Boabdil (the last Moorish king of Andalusian Spain)) by Manuel Gómez-Moreno (1880), currently viewable at the Museum of Fine Arts in Granada and, improperly, also the only moorish theme in the whole museum:

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

avid (31st July 2018), Bluegreen (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st July 2018), genevieve (31st July 2018), RunningDeer (30th July 2018), Stephanie (3rd August 2018), Valerie Villars (31st July 2018)

5. Link to Post #51223
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Life On The Ledge: American Robin Cam Highlights (3 min)

Also check out the live cam @ Sapsucker Woods Cornell Feeders

The nest is an open cup of grass and twigs held together with a thick layer of mud and lined with fine dry grass. The female built the nest from the inside, pressing dead grass and twigs around them into a cup shape using the wrist of one wing.

One study suggested that robins may try to round out their diet by selectively eating fruits that have bugs in them.

Cornell Lab Bird Cams Project
    Published on Jul 28, 2017

Watch the highlights from a nesting cycle of one of North America's favorite backyard birds on the 2017 American Robin cam as a pair of robins raises their three chicks on a ledge of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.

Watch live with highlights and information here.
    This pair of robins has built a nest on the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, right near the shore of Sapsucker Woods pond. The nest is an open cup of grass and twigs held together with a thick layer of mud and lined with fine dry grass. The female built the nest from the inside, pressing dead grass and twigs around them into a cup shape using the wrist of one wing. This nest site is well protected from the elements, tucked beneath an overhang and out of the wind.

The male will bring food to the nest for the nestlings, but the female (who wears a band on her right leg) will do all of the incubation and brooding. American Robins eat large numbers of both invertebrates and fruit. Particularly in spring and summer they eat large numbers of earthworms as well as insects and some snails. (They have rarely been recorded eating shrews, small snakes, and aquatic insects.) Robins also eat an enormous variety of fruits, including chokecherries, hawthorn, dogwood, and sumac fruits, and juniper berries. One study suggested that robins may try to round out their diet by selectively eating fruits that have bugs in them.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (31st July 2018), Bluegreen (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st July 2018), genevieve (31st July 2018), Stephanie (3rd August 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st August 2018), Valerie Villars (31st July 2018)

7. Link to Post #51224
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Osprey FledgeWatch 2018 - Lele, who, at 56 days post-hatch, is primed to fledge at any moment!

University of Montana Hellgate Ospreys [live-cam]
    Second video: The whole Hellgate Osprey family spent a long bout together at the nest this morning. Watch Louis make some "nestorations" while Iris snacks on a fish next to their chick, Lele — who, at 56 days post-hatch, is primed to fledge at any moment!
    Flappy Morning (1:15 min) – July 31, 2018

Family Reunion On Hellgate Osprey Nest – July 30, 2018

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (31st July 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st July 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), Stephanie (3rd August 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st August 2018)

9. Link to Post #51225
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Osprey ~ Iris Goes River Surfing (1:44 min)

Iris takes off to river surf and returns to the nest to cool her chick, Lele.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (2nd August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), Stephanie (3rd August 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st August 2018)

11. Link to Post #51226
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,710 times in 8,942 posts

Mini Flash's boyfriend just arrived, after his two weeks of vacation in Portugal (he lives in Switzerland, is Swiss-Portuguese), he will have 5 weeks in Montreal.

He landed in Toronto and took another flight back towards Montreal.

Upon arriving, he says "we departed along the sea and then we followed the sea cost all along up to Montreal".

Mini Flash and I laughed.

I told him there is no sea between Toronto and Montreal. He said, well we could not see the other side and I said "this is one of the great lakes, lake Ontario, from where you departed. And the sea shore you saw all along was the St-Lawrence river, yes it is that large and that long". lolllll

Europeans have no idea of the vastness of our continent and humongous size of our nature's features even if this guy knows very well his geography. Strange... and funny.

He also has a misconception of Americans. He thinks Americans are war mongers, always shoot each other everyone being armed (he is 22) and just riding there may be risky lol. Mini Flash and I decided we will travel with him to Boston or New York and stay at my American friend's place. To give him a taste of sweet America.

Just to tell you how the US is perceived elsewhere.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

avid (2nd August 2018), Bluegreen (7th August 2018), Ernie Nemeth (2nd August 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), Krist (2nd August 2018), norman (2nd August 2018), Orph (2nd August 2018), RunningDeer (2nd August 2018), Sophocles (6th August 2018), Stephanie (3rd August 2018), ThePythonicCow (2nd August 2018), Valerie Villars (4th August 2018), Violet (4th August 2018)

13. Link to Post #51227
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Eugenics - When Evil Poses As Love
    Progressives and Far Leftists pretend that "doctor assisted suicide" is humane and I agree that it *could* be if people were truly free to decide without coercion. However, as with all things the regressive Left does, the actual practice is far different from the stated goals.

Listen to the death panel administrators threaten this patient.
    I am sickened.
    Full story: Chronically ill man releases audio of hospital staff offering assisted death

Amazing Polly YouTube

Published on Aug 4, 2018

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (5th August 2018), Baby Steps (4th August 2018), Bob (5th August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), Sophocles (6th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018), Violet (4th August 2018)

15. Link to Post #51228
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

dusk, bang in the middle of the UK, flock after flock of seagulls, most in formations of 10-40, all flying north.

this is never seen.

Maybe storm is coming
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

avid (5th August 2018), Bob (5th August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), RunningDeer (5th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018), Valerie Villars (4th August 2018), Violet (4th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #51229
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,705 times in 8,380 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Eugenics - When Evil Poses As Love
    Progressives and Far Leftists pretend that "doctor assisted suicide" is humane and I agree that it *could* be if people were truly free to decide without coercion. However, as with all things the regressive Left does, the actual practice is far different from the stated goals.

Listen to the death panel administrators threaten this patient.
    I am sickened.
    Full story: Chronically ill man releases audio of hospital staff offering assisted death

Amazing Polly YouTube

Published on Aug 4, 2018

This is the conversation recorded in the hospital. It's boosted and might be easier to listen to:

MP3
    https://app.box.com/s/vnakn0klestpcxc4xwy3347eqqbaapfp
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (5th August 2018), Baby Steps (5th August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), Reinhard (5th August 2018), RunningDeer (5th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018)

19. Link to Post #51230
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    This is the conversation recorded in the hospital. It's boosted and might be easier to listen to:
    MP3
    https://app.box.com/s/vnakn0klestpcxc4xwy3347eqqbaapfp
    Much better. Thank you, Norman.

Scumbags.

It's beginning to take a toll...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (5th August 2018), Bob (5th August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), norman (5th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018)

21. Link to Post #51231
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Scumbags Paula doesn't at all describe what these 'things' are.

22. Link to Post #51232
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    True that, Bob.
    What I really wanted to say is *******, ***** & *****. Oh and ******.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (5th August 2018), Bob (5th August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018)

24. Link to Post #51233
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    True that, Bob.
    What I really wanted to say is *******, ***** & *****. Oh and ******.
    I tried to stop a murder Paula this last week, from "doctor" created morphine overdose. The patient was not given an opportunity to use a morphine pump. She was forcibly shot in her butt with a fatal dose of morphine, not able to regain consciousness or have her say. She was quite lucid before being "murdered" by doctor and did not want to be forcibly held against her will.

A N Y O N E if they submit to checking themselves into a medical hospital runs the risk of being murdered and the doctors W I L L get away with it. That is the sad and sorry fact these days.

If we allow this it will only get worse, not better. A monster is a monster is a monster, even if it wears a nice pretty white robe with initials above the pocket. They are what they are. AND they will not change, and it will only get worse.
    Last edited by Bob; 5th August 2018 at 02:59.

25. Link to Post #51234
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I tried to stop a murder Paula this last week, from "doctor" created morphine overdose. The patient was not given an opportunity to use a morphine pump. She was forcibly shot in her butt with a fatal dose of morphine, not able to regain consciousness or have her say. She was quite lucid before being "murdered" by doctor and did not want to be forcibly held against her will.

A N Y O N E if they submit to checking themselves into a medical hospital runs the risk of being murdered and the doctors W I L L get away with it. That is the sad and sorry fact these days.

If we allow this it will only get worse, not better. A monster is a monster is a monster, even if it wears a nice pretty white robe with initials above the pocket. They are what they are. AND they will not change, and it will only get worse.
    Bob, hopefully your friend's account will be seen by many. I was going to add a video but it’s no longer available called, “Rosalind Peterson: Steps To Protect Yourself, Or A Loved One From harm When Hospitalized“.

Rosalind Peterson’s 99 year old mom had to go to the hospital because she was having dizzy spells after she tripped and fell. They ran the usual minimum battery of tests and everything came back perfect right down to her cholesterol levels. But given her slight high blood pressure, they wanted to keep her over night. Rosalind Peterson instructions were no one is allowed to administer any thing without consulting her because she was her mom’s health care power of attorney. Before Rosalind Peterson went home to change her clothes she reiterated one more time not to give her mom any medications. The nurse was not in agreement and Rosalind told the nurse if she did it’s a law suit. A doctor came on the shift after Rosalind left and he ordered 16-17 tests on Rosalind’s mom. She listed a few: bone scan, MRI, brain scan, xrays, etc.

Side note: Rosalind Peterson passed away on 2-4-18 (cancer)

Here are a couple of her accolades and accomplishments:

Elana Freeland: Rosalind Peterson recently died. She was one of the first leading activists opposing what is going on in our skies and destroying the soil and vegetation. In 2010, she spoke at the UN.

Rosalind Peterson of California Skywatch was a certified USDA Farm Service Agency Crop Loss Adjustor working in more than ten counties throughout California.

(continued)

Thank you and Godspeed, Rosalind Peterson. ♡
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 5th August 2018 at 12:02.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (5th August 2018), Bluegreen (7th August 2018), Bob (5th August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), Reinhard (5th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018), WhiteFeather (18th April 2019)

27. Link to Post #51235
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Something I've learned and will pass it on. If one feels that adequate and proper service is NOT being accomplished GET THE HELL OUT of the place ASAP. Don''t wait expecting a miracle to happen in the "butcher shop". They are there to make $$. If one's insurance is not adequate, don't expect service. Expect to have one's loved one killed. It is a function of "AGE".

Elderly are killed first - A body to be disposed of. A young one let's say with good organs is killed secondarily organs harvested if they can get away with it. "Taking samples" they call it or some such rot. The very young are miraculously 'healed' and are made an example of and paraded around the community of how "marvelous" the 'system is' how compassionate the system is.. ((Unless they can use the youngin as a showpiece to solicit grants/funds)). They do anything to keep the innocents coming in to feed the system, be part of the system, to be a "mouth" that contributes to the 'system' - only for a certain length of time. When they can be 'harvested' as no longer being a desired 'producer' that is their next fate.. (and thus the title of sheep or cattle)..

During that prime time, the diseases will be introduced to keep the practitioners gainfully employed, research grants coming in to "treat" this or that dis-ease. Never will there be a cure talked of, doctors will be forever 'practicing' licensed to be sure that there are no 'rebellious folk' outside of the "union". The bulk of the elderly are put down after medicare/medicade/insurance runs out. No care is given when the elderly may need help eating, walking, having bathroom issues, body care/cleaning.. Kids abandon the elderly to some nursing home (if possible) and don't take any responsibility or reciprocity to the elderly having brought them up.. Sad sad scene..

Is there any advocate really for the elderly who may understand FULLY a person's wishes if the desire is to live? To grow old gracefully and with dignity?

I think about elderly homeless also, what happens with them.

===

Brief background on the patient. Donna was a neighbor, and acquaintance I had met - she was some 93 years in age, with macular degeneration. She lived in an area with high fluoride content, which lead to the eye damage. She was offered a set of electronic eye glasses which would have corrected her vision, but her "next of kin" who had not seen her for 26 years, who were assigned as Donna's power of attorney who controlled Donna's estate, ended up getting her home and bank accounts, said NO will not let Donna see. Donna wanted to see again, she had been able to care for herself, was extremely 'feisty' full of piss and vinegar as they say, a legend in the community from way back.. The State/County did not want her to be taken care of by private care givers who volunteered their time for the most part to assist. The relative forcibly had her removed and stuck in a nursing home against her wishes, screaming and crying as she was hauled away. She hated the food there, and got constipated from what she was being fed. Nursing home forcibly took her to the hospital (against her will) for a colonoscopy to remove the lower bowel poop, and apparently injured the tissue. They shot her full of morphine at the hospital to cover up their issue, not letting Donna have a choice to deal with the injury with a morphine pump. They kept injecting her to keep her under, not to allow her to regain consciousness. Next of Kin would not let that abuse stop. She died 4 days later from lack of fluids, and organ shut-down.. They would not feed her nor let her have fluids by IV. It was a murder..
    Last edited by Bob; 5th August 2018 at 15:53.

28. Link to Post #51236
    Thanks

Bob,
    Quote Kids abandon the elderly to some nursing home (if possible) and don't take any responsibility or reciprocity to the elderly having brought them up.. Sad sad scene..
    I had this discussion a while ago with a few people I know. All very busy schedules, full-time workers, with children and like the majority of people here, they embrace both the idea of either sending one's parents to care or being taken there by one's own children at old age.

I do have the impression that most mediterranean cultures still abide by taking parents in. I know in Spain, generally, it's not done to put parents in elderly home.

So, maybe interesting to see how they combine busy lives to achieve this?

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Bluegreen (7th August 2018), Bob (5th August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), genevieve (5th August 2018), RunningDeer (5th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018)

30. Link to Post #51237
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lele takes its first flight, Sunday, Aug. 5th, 62 days post-hatch. Lele is officially the oldest nestling ever to be featured on the Hellgate Osprey cam (2012's eldest chick fledged at 58 days).
    Seven to eight weeks of age the young osprey will take their first flight. They spend days practicing flying and perching, near the male's feeding perch calling when the male returns with food. Two weeks after fledging, the young will start to follow the male on hunting trips.
    Montana Osprey Project: Live Cam AND Highlights

Lele Fledges From the Nest! [Cam 2, longer cut]

Papa-Louis delivers fresh fish so Momma-Iris can feed LeLe.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd April 2019 at 18:59.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bob (5th August 2018), Flash (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), genevieve (9th August 2018), Orph (5th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018), ThePythonicCow (5th August 2018), Violet (7th August 2018)

32. Link to Post #51238
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

mean while....social media continues to poison society....

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bluegreen (7th August 2018), Bob (6th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (6th August 2018), genevieve (9th August 2018), Ivanhoe (6th August 2018), RunningDeer (6th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018)

34. Link to Post #51239
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,811 times in 4,349 posts

I came across some old WTC prints I took a long time ago. I'm in the midst of finally digitizing some of this old stuff. Wasn't sure where or whether to post this, but thought it mildly interesting.

It's a bit eerie now looking back at this - the WTC and an airliner in frame together.

I do remember the shot, a plane passing high overhead, and waiting to capture it in frame. Juxtaposition being the aim - the contrast of a plane high in the sky, and the WTC tower (tallest buildings in the world at the time) trying to reach for it. It was a tad over-exposed (and I was using fast film, 1000ASA), so the contrast has been upped a tad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NY88_newscan_IMG_0002_sm.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	38670
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th August 2018), genevieve (9th August 2018), Orph (7th August 2018), RunningDeer (7th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018), ThePythonicCow (7th August 2018)

36. Link to Post #51240
    Thanks

Madre mia 36°c!... . .

I sang that one so often at the end of long tedious days, riding my bike back home..Cuando llegaré, cuando llegaré, when oh when will I arrive?

Sometimes life in its entirety (does that word even exist) feels like that, when oh when will I arrive? Wherever I'm supposed to be, which I still don't know. And how can you know? I don't know.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th August 2018), genevieve (9th August 2018), Orph (7th August 2018), RunningDeer (7th August 2018), Stephanie (9th August 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2562 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1562 2062 2462 2512 2552 2562 2572 2612 2662 2703 LastLast