+ Reply to Thread
Page 2585 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1585 2085 2485 2535 2575 2585 2595 2635 2685 2703 LastLast
Results 51,681 to 51,700 of 54048

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #51681
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,889 times in 3,467 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by Rosemarie (here)
    I have lived a very “ normal “ life. I don’t remember anything at all of a past life, never seen an alien , a UFO, I am no healer ..... everybody here it seems has had some kind of experience I have never experienced.
    Rosemarie - It is great that you are able to be where you are at intellectually without having had unusual experiences. For those of us who have had experiences, you ability to see things the world the same way as us and coming from a position of reason and not experience is validation and a gift to us. Thanks!

Richard Dolan, arguably the most famous UFO historian in the U.S.A. has never seen a U.F.O. and yet he is able to get to the same position.

But if you really do want to have an experience, there are things you can do to increase the likelihood - visit sacred places, meditate, go to a shaman, learn a healing technique like Reiki, or join the Avalon Forum. Wait, you did that last one - I guess you are on the way!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Constance (9th April 2019), meeradas (9th April 2019), Rosemarie (9th April 2019), RunningDeer (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), TargeT (9th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #51682
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

I have lived a very “ normal “ life. I don’t remember anything at all of a past life, never seen an alien , a UFO, I am no healer ..... everybody here it seems has had some kind of experience I have never experienced.
    I share this as well, I give my best to experience-rs; but since I have almost zero (ok... absolutely zero) "experiential knowledge" it's very hard for me to relate... in fact I often get frustrated with the complete lack of corroboration or evidence.

at the same time I contrast that with the fact that I do not have a referential base to judge from, since I have not gone through these experiences....... I think that is partly why I'm seen as a grudgingly valued voice here... I bring up that which non-experience-rs don't get when explaining their (those who have gone through things I haven't) situations to people like me.... Kinda like the devil's advocate that is really on your side... Or so I rationalize to myself.
    \
    Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    But if you really do want to have an experience, there are things you can do to increase the likelihood - visit sacred places, meditate, go to a shaman, learn a healing technique like Reiki, or join the Avalon Forum. Wait, you did that last one - I guess you are on the way!
    We met in person... do you think this is the case? Did I seem unready or unprepared for something like that?

I dunno... I think we all have a path and the fact that it isn't shared is important... we all have something, even if slightly different.. we all have experiential knowledge that is useful even if it is not fantastic.

I feel like I excel in that mundane theater.
    Last edited by TargeT; 9th April 2019 at 05:13.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (13th April 2019), Kryztian (9th April 2019), Orph (9th April 2019), Rosemarie (9th April 2019), RunningDeer (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #51683
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 times in 311 posts

Rosemarie - It is great that you are able to be where you are at intellectually without having had unusual experiences. For those of us who have had experiences, you ability to see things the world the same way as us and coming from a position of reason and not experience is validation and a gift to us. Thanks!

Richard Dolan, arguably the most famous UFO historian in the U.S.A. has never seen a U.F.O. and yet he is able to get to the same position.

Thank you Krytzian for making me see it from another perspective. Yes, Finding Avalon has been one of the greatest joys lately. I keep coming back to it every spare moment I have. Never cease to learn something new. Still, have so many questions. I should take advantage of having BR living 4 hours away and invite him for coffee and a conversation. That would really send me on my way.
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

RunningDeer (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019), wnlight (9th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #51684
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    We met in person... do you think this is the case? Did I seem unready or unprepared for something like that?
    I missed the introductory hour and a half at Avalon. I had no idea what experiences you did or didn't have. If I would have had to hazard I guess, I would have taken you for someone who "saw" something in the military.

Unforunately, some people see these "experiences" as a badge of honor which I think is a TERRIBLE notion. I can't tell you why I have had a few (and not much) and why you may not have, but if I had NOT had them, I would not be here on Avalon. I would be on the outside laughing at the silly people "who believed all that cr@p!"

The things I listed above don't guarantee you would have any experience and I think you should only do them for the sake of participating in that activity. Just like at the Avalon gathering, we went out for a skywatch. We were hoping we would get some type of show: a UFO or something - and we didn't. But we had a great time chatting in the desert and really got to see the stars. (I'm from light polluted New Jersey near New York City) and that made it worth the trip alone!

So, no matter what you may or may not have experienced, I don't think that makes you any more of an insider or outsider here on Avalon. We also need people who are open minded and grounded - sometimes a rare commodity on Avalon - and people who just care about humanity and creating a better world, no matter where you are coming from.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Constance (9th April 2019), Flash (9th April 2019), Rosemarie (24th April 2019), RunningDeer (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

9. Link to Post #51685
    Thanks

I should take advantage of having BR living 4 hours away and invite him for coffee and a conversation. That would really send me on my way.
    Sounds like a good idea. Bill suffers from not having enough social stimulation when he is in Ecuador. I just got to meet him last week and had the pleasure of going out to meals with small groups including him and we all appreciated his friendship and intellect and vice versa. So sounds great!!!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Flash (10th April 2019), Rosemarie (9th April 2019), RunningDeer (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019), wnlight (9th April 2019)

11. Link to Post #51686
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,700 times in 8,940 posts

As far as I am concerned, even experiencing anything or being an experiencer, is still in the mundane theater... seen from a vast perspective, and we pretty much all excel at it looks like.

Target, even though your energy is hugely different than mine, i do not see why you would not excel in Avalon parts as well as in the rest of life parts. Same with Rosemarie.

I need you for arguments purpose, it enriches life and discussions
    Last edited by Flash; 9th April 2019 at 17:44.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Constance (9th April 2019), Kryztian (9th April 2019), Rosemarie (9th April 2019), RunningDeer (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

13. Link to Post #51687
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks

sorry, still learning how to quote just a small part of a post. Writing in an iphone is driving me crazy and blind. . Was answering KRYSTIAN when he was saying he would not be in Avalon if he did not had an experience.

I have always been very opened minded and never satisfied with what I was taught and experienced. I did try to fit in , all my friends are practicing catholics really believe their faith and I am the black sheep always questioning it all. Just a few friends are open to learn and are starting to awaken and questioning things.

Being here and reading about your experiences is filling a void. I might be too gullible in some cases, so I did ask BR to point me in the right direction with some people.

Thank you all for making me stop doubting myself about my place in Avalon. Target, Flash this thanks is also for you.
    Last edited by Rosemarie; 9th April 2019 at 21:57.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Constance (9th April 2019), Flash (10th April 2019), Kryztian (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

15. Link to Post #51688
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    As far as I am concerned, even experiencing anything or being an experiencer, is still in the mundane theater... seen from a vast perspective, and we pretty much all excel at it looks like.
    Well said, Flash. The title of this thread is "Here and Now" and it is about ALL of our experiences. Whether you are watching osprey migration, mourning over a lost friend, or sitting on a beach watching the sun set, you are having an experience in the hear and now, and it may cause you to think deeper about life it the universe and see that human existence is just more than a bunch of molecules colliding with each other.

And just after I typed the last paragraph I had an experience. My crazy needy loving cat jumped in my lap, force me to cradle him in my arms, put his paws in my face and purred like crazy. There, once again, I am an experiencer.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Constance (9th April 2019), Flash (10th April 2019), Forest Denizen (11th April 2019), Rosemarie (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

17. Link to Post #51689
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 times in 839 posts

sorry, still learning how to quote just a small part of a post.
    Did you mean when you want to quote somebody else's post? If so, read on. If you meant something else, please disregard the rest of my post.

Okay, so you've hit the "Reply with quote" icon on somebody's post and their entire post shows up in the reply box. Simply 'delete' anything within their post that doesn't need to be there and leave those parts of the post that you are replying to. Be sure not to delete the 2 quote boxes at the beginning and end of the other persons post. (looks similar to this ---> [quote] at each end of their post).

Then be sure your reply is not 'within' the quote boxes of the person you are quoting.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Frenchy (9th April 2019), Rosemarie (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019)

19. Link to Post #51690
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

edit :
    This has been on my mind lately.

I am kind of new here, a member since Nov 4, 2019. I sometimes wonder why I am here. ... One thing took me to another and very late in life I found this forum which I have grown to love..... but feel I am a taker and not a giver. I don’t know what I can give back for all the information I am getting.

Thanks for your honest, heart-felt thoughts....
    Your presence here, is already giving much to all of us. You do not need to
    question why, each living entity on this Earth, plays their essential part. Presently, you believe you have no memory of your Purpose, and I suppose this does not matter too much right now. Might be revealed, as you ' leave the Theatre ' ! !

It would be Wonderful, if you've come to Earth, or re-born here, without trauma, a ' Blank Page ', to carry information forward, on behalf of those before us, who did suffer. { Other threads I've mentioned Corrine Gouget, Karen Silkwood, Alec Collier, etc., who suffered for us... }/

Unlike me, you have no great predijuce [ sp ! ], and so are able to pick-up only the good aspects of life here on this { } Earth.

For this, you are essential here, amongst friends !

And, yes, if Bill, opens up the ' Ranch ' like Field McConnell, some might never regain their previously mediocre lives !

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

Constance (9th April 2019), Forest Denizen (11th April 2019), Kryztian (9th April 2019), Rosemarie (9th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

21. Link to Post #51691
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Frenchy (here)

It would be Wonderful, if you've come to Earth, or re-born here, without trauma, a ' Blank Page ', to carry information forward, on behalf of those before us, who did suffer. { Other threads I've mentioned Corrine Gouget, Karen Silkwood, Alec Collier, etc., who suffered for us... }/

Unlike me, you have no great predijuce [ sp ! ], and so are able to pick-up only the good aspects of life here on this { } Earth.

For this, you are essential here, amongst friends !

And, yes, if Bill, opens up the ' Ranch ' like Field McConnell, some might never regain their previously mediocre lives !
    Ok let’s see if I understood Orph instructions. If not I will be deleting until the end of time.
    I love what you say Frenchy, and it feels true. I really want to know why I came to earth, what is my purpose in life. Raising my 2 kids I always said.... I was meant to do this. Loved being a mother.....but I raised them good and now they are living as they should their own lives and now I am asking myself....what now. There has to be more. I know I have to be attentive to signs and inner voices.....
    I really need a few answers. But yes, I feel like a blank page sometimes. I have lived a wonderful life. Do not get me wrong , I have experience pain, sadness, loss, but have always taken it with a grain of salt. Never asked why me.... it just needed to happen and I carry on. It feels good to acknowledge that.

It worked Orph ! Thanks.
    Last edited by Rosemarie; 9th April 2019 at 22:34.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Kryztian (13th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (9th April 2019)

23. Link to Post #51692
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,266 times in 8,324 posts

Pretty Much the Weakest Argument Against Conspiracy Theories Ever

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (12th April 2019), Joe (12th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (11th April 2019)

25. Link to Post #51693
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Norman, that is one of the most on point, hilarious videos I have ever seen, "On the Experts" which I used to think were smarter than I am. Priceless. Having worked with those buggers, the posture is so ciiche' and spot on. 23.00 minutes in.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Joe (12th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019)

27. Link to Post #51694
    United States Avalon Member 2aware1's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here. Now. Needed to come back to Avalon. 1142 am. Holding on. Where am I. Find any pieces that make sense. A coffee cup. A black hairband around the doorknob. Chords. Birds chirping, woke me up early. Here. Looking through...
    Love.
    Shannon

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2aware1 For This Post:

avid (14th April 2019), Bill Ryan (12th April 2019), Constance (13th April 2019), Forest Denizen (12th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019)

29. Link to Post #51695
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

state of the system

[22:21]
    published yesterday

---

aah, know what? "F" this!

Rather lighten up your day with HER:

Last edited by meeradas; 14th April 2019 at 10:18.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Patient (15th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (14th April 2019)

31. Link to Post #51696
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

The beach this morning near where I live.. for your viewing pleasure.
    Relax.. Breathe.. Enjoy

With Love

"Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Bluegreen (14th April 2019), Kryztian (14th April 2019), meeradas (15th April 2019), Rosemarie (14th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Swan (14th April 2019), Valerie Villars (14th April 2019)

33. Link to Post #51697
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 times in 356 posts

Quote Posted by Forest Denizen (here)
    Relax.. Breathe.. Enjoy

With Love

Beautiful. Lucky you.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

Forest Denizen (14th April 2019), Kryztian (14th April 2019), meeradas (15th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019)

35. Link to Post #51698
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

Quote Posted by Swan (here)
    Quote Posted by Forest Denizen (here)
    Relax.. Breathe.. Enjoy

With Love

Beautiful. Lucky you.
    Well, it’s not meant to be about me. It’s for everyone here on Avalon to enjoy

Offered with Love. Gaze at it and empty your mind
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Kryztian (14th April 2019), meeradas (15th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (14th April 2019)

37. Link to Post #51699
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Just sitting on my porch, listening to the Blues and ate my first two boiled crawfish of the season. I gave the third to my dog, Doucette. Doucey Doo. The sun is shining and we are going to eat a few more. The air is cool.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Forest Denizen (14th April 2019), meeradas (15th April 2019), Rosemarie (15th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019)

39. Link to Post #51700
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,271 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    state of the system

[22:21]
    published yesterday

---

aah, know what? "F" this!

Rather lighten up your day with HER:

Thank you for this post - it inspires me to keep working toward getting a new acoustic kit. My kit was stolen a couple years ago. I only have an electronic kit right now. Although it is good, it can not take the place of an acoustic kit.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

meeradas (15th April 2019), Stephanie (16th April 2019), Valerie Villars (15th April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2585 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 1585 2085 2485 2535 2575 2585 2595 2635 2685 2703 LastLast