+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 20 30 40 80 130 530 1030 2703 LastLast

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #581
    Australia Avalon Member markoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 479 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

I hope it's all good with your mum Astrid, I know that 'estranged from family' feeling.... I just got used to it over the years, I was always the 'black sheep'

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to markoid For This Post:

astrid (10th October 2011), Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011)

3. Link to Post #582
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

No news yet on Mum have been trying to ring Dad,
    will call the hospital in a while.
    Sent her lots of healing overnight.

Yes families can be tricky things, here is a bit about mine, sorry for the long post,
    but just felt the need to lay all out, something about this thread i think, lol.

There was a lot of abuse so i had to remove myself pretty early on for my own safety and sanity.
    From the spiritual perspective it all makes sense,
    as i had to do so many thing alone in order to get stronger for the work i do here now.
    Forgiveness is a great thing lets say that.
    And even though i was physically estranged i was doing so much work from a distance to heal family patterns
    that had been there for generations.

Since reconnecting i have only seen them a handful of times, but at least there is no more bad blood from either sides now.

They are both very much stuck in the old paradigm, Dad is a church leader, also very controlling and dominates mum,
    made it nearly impossible for her and i to have a relationship. He has serious anger management issues, especially with women.

Even in his aging years he still throws throws 2 year old tantrums.
    He did it one day here recently when mum wanted to go for a walk with me in the gardens here.
    At least he didn't try and hit me, he just stormed off and sat in the car.
    It was actually interesting to witness after all this time apart and all the work i have done on myself.

I used to be terrified of him.
    Mum hadn't seen me for 2 or 3 years, and she really wanted to spend some time with me,
    and i could see she was really conflicted, when he said i have to go.

I was so proud of her that she stood her ground and we went to the gardens,
    it was only for 20 mins or so, but i think it was a big win for her.

A Medium friend told me a while back that Dad would most likely die first,
    which i was surprised at, because she has always been so sick.
    She said that Mum would have some freedom in her final years.
    Dad does have a heart condition, hardly surprising given his rage attacks.
    They would happen at the slightest thing, we were always walking on egg shells.

In my final year at school it got worse.
    As part of his Chaplaincy training he went to the US as spent a week in the gettos with someone he called the "night minister".
    I have no idea what happened, but when he came back his venom towards me increased.

Whenever i walked into a room and he was there he would walk out, or tell me to stay out of his sight.
    I managed to get through my final year, but my grades were not great.

I see them now both , and its taken a lot of work,
    I stand my ground with them now too,
    something i could never do. They both had such a strong hold over my psyche.

One day 4 or so years ago, they turned up at my house even though i had told them it was not a good time.
    They had a habit of doing this, controlling my life anyways possible.
    It was the hardest thing i ever did, but i finally told it too them straight.
    Calmly, respectfully, and with love, that this was NOT OK.
    That i was not impressed, that i do have the right to say when and where i see them
    I was ready for Dad to loose it. he said that "we are not putting up with this abuse"
    and they both left. I said, we can talk about this, but it has to be clear that you cant just turn up
    if its not ok with me. They left but sat out in the car for a good 30 mins.

It was hard, REALLY hard, but for once i had to make a stand and cut the control noose they still had on me.
    The following week was a hard week, i was very conflicted, and felt like a real bitch.
    After many talks with friends, i realised that i had the right to do
    what i did and they didn't have the right to do what they did.
    i mean seriously, on the phone the night before i told Mum in 10 different ways, that it was NOT A GOOD TIME.
    The last thing she said was "i am your mother" ... man... her big thing was control over guilt.

After that event, my life shifted so much, so many things came crashing down, as being related to that one thing.
    The fact that i didn't believe i could say no to them, It had had a HUGE ripple effect throughout my life.
    SO many things i didn't want to do, relationships i should never have got into in the first place,
    It was a huge life step for me to finally make a stand with them.

Dad sent me an email, saying that we could have all handled that better,
    i replied, respectfully, that i stand by my actions, and that assertiveness is not abuse.
    He has never once said sorry to me, nor have either of them told me of my brother that they loved us.

So yeah, i picked a tough family to incarnate into this time around.

I think also, it was the past life regressionists, specifically Michael Newton's,
    work that shifted all my resentments, and hatred towards them.
    When you realize that you did in fact chose this family, it changes EVERYTHING,
    well it did for me.
    No longer did i see myself as a victim,
    and i then went on the search for the lessons, there where so many, lol.

Although i'm very detached in ways, i know their passing is not going to be easy.
    I had a taste of this when mum had a heart operation back in the early 90's, she died on the operating table,
    and they brought her back. I was floored by the range of emotions i experienced, it really surprised me,
    i thought i was so distant from them.

I wonder now i have processed so much how i will handle it.
    I guess also, the death process i understand a lot more as being a part of the cycle of life,
    and nothing to fear. If anything i look forward to my own death now.

I wont be able to get near mum because of Dad's controlling ways,
    but i will do what i can remotely.

Calling hospital for updates.
    Last edited by astrid; 10th October 2011 at 00:36.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), transiten (10th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #583
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

I just read the last three pages of the Village thread, and don't know where to begin. Deep impressions from all of you, and the sharing of Reality that is going on here. PurpleLama's fire altar...I want to build one. So happy for Rahkyt's beautiful addition- what an adorable child!
    Wishing Ruby's aunt a successful operation...and do check the healing powers of tumeric, online...it seems that because of the curry diet, and tumeric being the main ingredient in curry, the people of India suffer less colon cancer than the rest of the world.
    And I'm glad to see old faces, Markoid, also Tony and Tarka. All these energies combined are working miracles, I can feel it while reading.

While I was away, I suffered from Internet withdrawal. Last night there was a rain storm, and our roof leaked, right above my bed. A tree branch had broken some of the sheeting and water was pouring in. Husband spent the morning on the roof. Meanwhile I managed to bum my neighbor's Internet...he gave us his wi-fi password. And just as I was posting a reply to Junebug's video about Willie Nelson's song they left and turned off their modem. So I just managed to copy my reply to Junebug on Notepad...and here it is:

Our neighbors arrived and gave me the password to their wi-fi, so I'm getting a weak signal. Pages are loading very slowly.
    But I feel I have to comment on the above. I can now tell you what a buttermilk sky looks like. On Friday afternoon when we went for a swim we saw the sky with the most incredible variety of cloud patterns, like never before. The sunlight was filtering through and lighting up streaks of narrow clouds. Then my husband came swimming over tyo me and said "did you notice that white thin cloud, i've never seen anything like it. and I said, I KNEW I should have brought the camera...that looks like milk in a glass...totally milky. In between pinks and oranges and greys and purples, was this streak of milky cloud. Buttermilk Sky...it was phenomenal.
    And then you posted that song."

Later I realized when reading more of your posts that some of the same things you mentioned also had came up during our trip: about cheese making: we watched a documentary about that. We watched a movie with Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant...she was visiting a farmer cousin in some Rodeo town, and had to learn how to milk a cow. Then I saw those posts of yours, Junebug.
    To me this is a sign that our village is a very closeknit community.
    Love to everyone who reads this.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (10th October 2011), Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Ruby L. (11th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011)

7. Link to Post #584
    Thanks

I forgot to mention: we had people staying at our house while we were gone. Last time I called all was well; they left at lunchtime.
    We got back during the afternoon and discovered the kitten had gone. So far no sign of Kitten.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011)

9. Link to Post #585
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 times in 292 posts

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

Sun is shining (finally) here in Sydney and Flasky's smiling-typingtypinginginginging...!

I know I have said a thing or two about thanking you all but I felt I needed to address you personally because just writing thank you sometimes its not enough. Even saying it. You just need a big old hug but well, computers don't allow for that yet. So please, once again be patient with me and read down to see your name and my response to your loving messages.

I am so thankful...

@ PurpleLama : Thank you for thinking of my family and I. We have also lit tea light candles (mom’s favs) – especially outside we wrote her name with them and we have lit them every night since. And were mom is resting our kind friends have gifted her with a little candle torch – were we go every evening to light up a new candle inside.

Yes! Candles are amazing.

You are also still thinking of that blue ring my mother saw on my finger? Strange, same here – sort of hoping I will understand it someday soon too.

@Caren: You are so lovely, I don’t think I deserve all of those compliments.

Truth to be told, I had a really hard and difficult – somewhat nasty – relationship with my mom. We were never friends, we always fought, and the periods of ‘peace’ between us were measured by a constant ticking bomb. However, we were always as bad as each other – even if to some people I would take the cake because I am the ‘daughter’ and should ALWAYS respect no matter what.

But the REAL truth is…We are so much alike. Our energies, personalities, ways of doing things yet it was the purpose or outcome of those similarities that divided us. Weird, isn’t it?

I will admit that her sickness did bring us closer together. It burnt a lot of old bridges and created somewhat newish – better looking – ones. I guess, in my own way I stepped up and assumed my responsibilities and in her own way she did too.

In my speech at the funeral I said: …for those who know us or have known of us, my mom and I never had a simple relationship. It was of a constant testing of one another and perhaps – perhaps all of those moments were building the both of us to face the hardest test yet. Together.

But under all of that there was always so, so much love. Even if my younger self would have never dared admit to it.

I should have added as a joke, and this I thought only after when I was having a confidential with one of my cousin (who is like a sister to me) that mom would probably come to me and hunt my a** for all of those nasty times and I’ll probably have to go and hunt her back, somehow, and give the same hell back because *snaps fingers* ‘uh-uh, mother.’ But that was just me cracking a joke with an almost empty glass of Shiraz in my hand…

Thank you for offering all of your support. I will have my cracking down moments and I’ve had a few that have actually helped me build me up a bit stronger…So bring em on!

@Ulli: I hope you feel empowerment and liberation through those memories because you have overcome so much. And you know that lounging in sadness is not really a good use of your time. Well, I can’t wait to reach that stage but I am doing ok…Breathing through the ‘signs’ myself. Always such a gift when I can intercept them!

Thank you Ulli for your support!

@Astrid: …Thank you. I never thought I could be an inspiration to anyone and sort of baffled by that – but thank you for telling me that. Am I doing the right thing? Am I freaking people out? Am I showing to be too sad or too strong? Do I know what I am freaking doing? No. Have no idea to be honest…But I know I can’t deal with the past (as in change it) or what’s finished and I need to go on with it. If that makes sense.

I’m keeping focused on my future. On what I want to achieve for myself….Making plans…Keeping busy…That helps a lot too. Trying to keep organized – even if failing terribly at it and I am pretty sure I am giving my mother a comedy show as I try to fold laundry….

Don’t you worry ifs and whens and hows – what with your parents and such. Just live and enjoy. Deal later…when you actually need too. Party hard.

Lill Edit: I just read your last few posts….Wow. Somewhat similar with my own weird relationship with my mother. Even if her sickness changed us for the better. Look, nothing is sure yet – but I hope you may find a balance and empowerment here whenever you may need it. Even when you think you don’t – cause we are complicated like that. I hope in whatever I have said maybe a bit of help or offer a bit of a reflective for you.

Stay strong – er.

@Sierra: Thank you so much! You made me laugh, aw I am glad my dream then made you laugh after. Yes, it was awesome – what an awesome way and occasion to be a couch potatoes.

Thank you for your kind words.

@ViralSpiral : Thank you, I really treasure what you have said to me. May the memories make me stronger indeed!

@Junebug: Marianne thank you for all of your love and support! We are doing fine atm but expecting the crazies to hit us as at some point in time – to me I’ve already had my share but oh, have they been so liberating!

Thank you for caring and offering to be there for me I am really so touched!

@Pickle: No need to worry about being speechless, you said so much already and it was all so beautiful. Thank you for opening up to me.

Love and light and peace to you and your family too, John.

@Markoid: Your words actually brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for everything you have said. And I am really glad I was able to share it with you and everyone else and be able to connect that way. Incredible and wonderful!

@Rahkyt: CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE FOR YOUR BABY!!!!! That is the best news ever! And I saw the pics!! AWWWWWWWW!! Right now you’ve got a coeing (idiot) 21 year old Flasky all over those pictures – what’s the deal with me acting as if I was older and wiser? PUAH!

On a more serious note, I have read what you wrote over and over. What you have wrote describes my own inner feelings so well I didn’t even know what I was really feeling till I read your message. It just made so much SENSE. Wow…How beautiful. It is so incredibly beautiful. I am so very touched and amazed and overwhelmed. I never want to forget your words – in fact, I will be printing them out. I don’t know if it’s weird, but they were very healing to me. Thank you for opening up to me so much. I don’t know you (or anyone else here) either but thank you for sharing that with me.

I wish you and your family all the best too – Daddy!

@transiten: … Know that I am holding you close, tightly. I know exactly what you mean…I also had a dog once too.

Hopefully it was an overdue release of energies you were holding on to that you finally felt strong (or fragile) enough to let it out. In a way, I am glad I could trigger that for you as it can be very healing…but please, even for my sake, don’t remain alone dwelling in it. Keep yourself busy – and remember them in the reasons why you smile and laugh everyday and spread that vibrancy around the people that surround you.

You are ok, you know that right? *offers a hot chocolate* Don’t feel bad for letting it out, it’s always better afterwards. Feel free to jot me a line for whatever!

Thank you for sharing with me too.

@Tarka the Duck: You are welcome, Kathie

@ Heyoka_11: I just wanted to say WELCOME BACK and that I really resonated with your message with all my heart! Thank you for expressing your thoughts!

~*~

I LOVE YOU ALL!

~ Without a rich heart, wealth is an ugly beggar. ~

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Flasky For This Post:

astrid (10th October 2011), Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Ruby L. (11th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), transiten (10th October 2011)

11. Link to Post #586
    Thanks

Wow, this thread works!
    within eight minutes of mentioning my Kitty problem she returned.
    And I had been waiting over six hours already.
    Whatever you did, thank you.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (10th October 2011), Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011)

13. Link to Post #587
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Thanks flasky, and ulli, and astrid, and junebug (i actually know what a junebug is) and everyone else, for making this thread, and this forum, and these internets, and this planet, and so on and so forth, such a marvelous place to be.

A clue for the ring, flasky, it's mystery, not *a* mystery, but *mystery*. It a circle, that which completes itself. It's color is that of the higher self, and as the form of the ring, will, magicians, real magicians use an object to symbolize the "putting on the higher self", which is something worn to symbolize that one is in fact the stand in, here and now, of the highest power. The most common object used for this is a ring, and the wearing of the ring is becoming the higher self for the time it is worn. In truth we are beings of immense glory, here for a time, there for a time, and outside of time. Once something is gained it is never lost, in spite of all appearances to the contrary. The good, and the bad, it's what makes us ourselves, we can only grow.

14. Link to Post #588
    Thanks

Flasky: the mother daughter relationship is the hardest of all, I believe. Following my mother's passing I had such mixed feelings, of guilt, remorse, anger, gratitude...I just couldn't find the 'right" attitude. This went on for quite a few years, so be prepared.
    There is no death...those memories will bring her back... and also there will be moments of a real presence, as I'm sure she understand you better now, things that had not been expressed before, now she can watch you and really see what had gone wrong.
    I also became much closer with my mother during her illness and at the end she acccepted my spiritual guidance.
    I went to a shaman once who told me that in a previous life my mother and I had been rivals for the same man: my father. I had stepped back this time, to allow her to have him. Yet she was jealous of her husband's love for their daughter. When this man told me this it pierced my heart, as I suddenly understood everything.
    Mum was a Leo, and used to treat me as if I was her lady in waiting, she was a real Queen. No matter what I did for her, it was not enough. I lived overseas and she came for long visits. She adored my husband and they used to gang up against me. So dearest Flasky, you have my deep sympathy, not only for the loss, but the inner work that is now ahead of you, as you have to reconcile your new role with your memories.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011)

16. Link to Post #589
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 times in 292 posts

There are some similarities there Ulli.

Mom is a taurus and I being Libra with capricorn ascendant was always easy to smash our horns in. However - a lot of healing has been done between us during the time of her sickness. We spoke a lot, understood a lot, and moved on from old fashioned thoughts.

I am sure a few things more will pop up with time...My 21 years with her have not been just as severe or long as the ones you've had with your mother and in a lot of ways, a lot different.

I hope you have found enough peace.

Purplelama: Great food for thought...Really got me thinking that. Wow..

~ Without a rich heart, wealth is an ugly beggar. ~

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flasky For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

18. Link to Post #590
    Thanks

Okies, turns out mums mutiple medications where causing issues.
    She has Lupus so is on Warfrin. She was bleeding internally.
    They are giving her vitamin K to help her blood clot.
    I spoke to her, she sounded ok.

Yes the mother, daughter thing can be tricky, and we never bonded as it was.
    She has autism and never picked us up or held us.
    I have seen her with other babies since, it was a shock,
    she wouldn't pick up or hold my nephew as a baby.

The roles all got twisted around, i ended up trying to take responsibility for the lot of them,
    in the end i had to leave and look after myself, it was such a endless battle.
    Since i learnt that the path of least resistance is the best one,
    and its all pretty peaceful thankfully now.

But i can see that either of their deaths is going to sure bring up a lot of
    past issues again, which just means that they are being brought
    to the fore to be dealt with and processed.
    Last edited by astrid; 10th October 2011 at 03:21.
    ~ Plato

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), transiten (10th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

20. Link to Post #591
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Dearest Flasky, I'm so happy you are here! We were wondering how you are doing ... and here you are! I hope you find peace and understanding in the days ahead. My mom and I were not close when I was younger, but have come to terms on many things in the past few years. She has changed and I have changed. I imagine her younger self and all she struggled with, and that enables me to work more from a place of peace and forgiveness now, than I ever thought I could when I was younger.

All the relationships that have grown and helped heal us ... they brought us to where we are now, with all the good and bad... and it'll never be perfect but it'll fill our lives and our hearts and make living the rich, complex experience it is.

Astrid, you've had an amazing journey. Seeing youself as a non victim is liberating, and your growth is inspiring for those of us who've had to deal with people who would control us. Thank you for opening your heart like that.

Mark, black wool is beautiful! Besides, you have a family right here at the village. Did you have your cake yet?

Ulli, your kitty returned! Hahahaha, too funny. And the buttermilk sky. I am coming to believe the village is located in Serendipity Bay, on the Synchronicity Sea.

PL, you are wise. (no, I didn't say you're a wise guy!) I was surprised to see how young in years you are.

Continued prayers for one and all, from my heart that is filled and overflowing with love for all of you.

Junebug

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

22. Link to Post #592
    Thanks

Cool Kitty returned,
    I went and did a mini journey to call her back home,
    i could see her heading back from an adventure.

Cats are such creatures of habit, a break in their routines can throw them off.
    Also she is connected strongly to you Ulli.
    I had a brief word with her and told her that you are coming back and she need not fret.
    Cool that it worked.

The post earlier, i freaked myself out a bit actually,
    i'm usually not that open,
    oh well, all good i guess, might encourage more to do the same.
    I was actually going to delete it.
    Last edited by astrid; 10th October 2011 at 05:22.
    ~ Plato

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

24. Link to Post #593
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by Flasky (here)
    Heyoka_11: I just wanted to say WELCOME BACK and that I really resonated with your message with all my heart! Thank you for expressing your thoughts!
    My Dear Flasky,

Thank you so much for your kind welcome back.

My absence during your Mother's illness and recent transition is my greatest regret, and although you may need think that I need to, please accept my apology. It would have been an honour to offer you support during this period.

You may have read that as part of my "penance", I read all twenty nine pages of this thread yesterday; call it a ritual purification of sorts, in preparation for once again joining this clan.

What you posted here during the last few days of your Mother's current incarnation stopped me dead in my tracks. I glanced at your age; twenty one; that must be wrong I thought to myself. The manner in which you expressed your emotions and feelings belie your years, and your willingness to share them here speaks of an open, trusting heart.

Finally I came to your post where you detailed her last few moments, and what transpired in the short time thereafter. It was just as well that I was at my desk at work, where a box of tissues sits within easy reach. It was also just as well that it was a Saturday, and I was the only one around! Flasky, you moved me to tears, and just two words rang in my head: Courageous and Inspirational. I subsequently read Astrid's post, and she beat me to those words. That's my fault for not being around. Nonetheless, I can assure you that they are wholehearedly applicable. You are an inspiration to all who read your words.

You wrote of the at times, awkward relationship between the two of you. These times will not be the enduring memory that you will live with for the rest of your days here. You were given the opportunity to be there for your Mother just when you both needed each other more than ever before. You possessed both the wisdom and strength to "step up to the plate", and, in time, you will feel both a sense of personal satisfaction and pride in this accomplishment. Many people, regardless of age, would have been incapable of what came naturally to you. This will be the memory that you will carry, and, as a consequence, when you think of your Mother, you will be able to acknowledge the sense of loss, but also smile in knowing that you could have not parted in a more compassionate and loving manner.

Oh struth..........where are the tissues?

Having lost my own Mother a little over four years ago, this has been my experience. My wish for you is that it is your experience too.

Much Love,

Tony.

25. Link to Post #594
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Sitting at my computer desk wide awake. I couldn't sleep. I went to bed at 3.45am and lay awake until now. Sitting here in my dressing gown still thinking of going to kitchen and making porridge. I am hungry. In fact I will pause this typing and do just that. Wait a minute do I put water in the pot or milk? My wife Anne usually makes the porridge but she is fast asleep. I will post this because if I start googling how to make porridge I will lose these words here.

Stan
    I will return as soon as I have made my porridge.
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Flasky (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

27. Link to Post #595
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Junebug (here)
    Mark, black wool is beautiful! Besides, you have a family right here at the village. Did you have your cake yet?
    Junebug
    I think Tony got the cake But I'm almost sure he'll share it with me

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    The post earlier, i freaked myself out a bit actually,
    i'm usually not that open,
    oh well, all good i guess, might encourage more to do the same.
    I was actually going to delete it.
    That takes some courage dear girl and I reckon it's to be admired.

Tony: Beautifully expressed!
    Last edited by markoid; 10th October 2011 at 06:19.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to markoid For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

29. Link to Post #596
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Ok I googled and it said the water to make the porridge. It was delicious. Only setback was I woke up Anne, she heard me stirring the pot with a metal spoon. Maybe I should have used the wooden one. But that was in the cutlery drawer and raking about in there would have woken her up as well. Well could have been worse she may have wanted me to make more for her and I would still be in the kitchen making a noise. Now you would think that any old Scotsman would know how to make porridge wouldn't you? Well you know better now! I'm not really your ordinary Scotsman you know. No, I wear underpants under my kilt. I don't like the taste of whiskey either. Once in a blue moon now I wear a kilt. Usually at weddings. Never at funerals, no,no never. Mind you on a hot summers day it is really hot under the kilt as hot air rises doesn't it. Now that's when I don't wear anything under the kilt. It gets a wee bitty annoying though after the ladies at the wedding get a few cocktails down their thrapples and start lifting the kilt to see whats what. Did I call them ladies? Well, They were ladies at the church and outside the church getting their photos taken but when they let their hair down as we say they become something more than a lady. Lets leave it at that. Quarter past seven now and I am still wide awake. The reason I am not tired is that since I retired two years ago I like, no I love sleeping in late. How late ? Very late sometimes. And if you sleep at different hours your body gets confused I think. Your brain doesn't. Here is one for Ulli. When I read the packet of porridge for instructions on how to cook it said that you stir the porridge as the sun moves. Now that really confuses an astrologer at 7am whether he is awake or not. I was wondering if it meant as the sun "seems" to move left to right in the sky or whether it goes the other way as we astrologers have it moving round the chart in an anti clockwise direction. So I decided to stir it as if I was stupid like the rest of the human race that knows nothing about astrology. Please don't take that last sentence serious I am only making a funny story ok.?
    How many times on holiday when you have a clear black sky and the Moon is moving across the sky from left to right at some speed too you know. You mention to your friends that moon is actually going the opposite direction and they look at you askance with wide open eyes as if you told them the sun was actually cold and black. They have been watching it all evening literally moving from left to right and you say the opposite and try to explain to them that it is the earth that is turning the opposite way to the moon. hmm....It is daylight here now and it is Monday the day before my 65th birthday. Ulli i was born in 1946 at 21.18 Edinburgh. I have Cancer rising 13.34 and my slow moon in Taurus. Ulli I only do horary astrology these days, I find it much more fun. It is a constant learning experience. Natal of course is too I'm not knocking it. I still dabble in that as well but not as much. My attention is more focussed there. Go where you find joy. See my signature.

Bye bye for now, I will read a few posts and see if I get tired.

Stan
    Last edited by aranuk; 10th October 2011 at 06:44.
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

astrid (10th October 2011), Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

31. Link to Post #597
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by markoid (here)
    Quote Posted by Junebug (here)
    Junebug
    I think Tony got the cake But I'm almost sure he'll share it with me
    G'day Markoid,

I would happilly share with you mate, but after being tempted back here by Marianne's promise of cake and full-cream milk, I have arrived to find the table bare!

Quite frankly, I think that JB has scoffed the lot herself!

Now, it's only a matter of time..................................

BTW, thank you for your comment. Much appreciated.

32. Link to Post #598
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Heyoka_11 (here)

G'day Markoid,

I would happilly share with you mate, but after being tempted back here by Marianne's promise of cake and full-cream milk, I have arrived to find the table bare!

Quite frankly, I think that JB has scoffed the lot herself!

Now, it's only a matter of time..................................

BTW, thank you for your comment. Much appreciated.
    Hmmm.. a devious bit of trickery .... still we got you back here, so that's a win for the 'village people'

On a personal note I am putting finishing touches to my medicine staff... it just needs a few crystals, eagle eyes and such. In case it hard to see what's what it has eagle and snake, whale, lizard, wolf, talon, dolphin, horse foot, spider. I started out thinking to do just the eagle head but got all carried away with it

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to markoid For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), eaglespirit (24th February 2012), Eram (16th February 2013), Heyoka_11 (10th October 2011), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), PurpleLama (10th October 2011), Ruby L. (11th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011), ulli (10th October 2011)

34. Link to Post #599
    Thanks

NIce one, markoid,
    creatives here too, what a cool village this is.

This Chandelier im restoring for my doc, is coming along nicely.
    i will post some pics up when its done.
    It's still all in pieces. Today has been spent cleaning brass,
    tonight hopefully i will get it all wired up.
    ~ Plato

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Lisab (10th October 2011), Marianne (10th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011)

36. Link to Post #600
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Good morning from Munich, village people

Just love the medicine staff Markoid, especially that you got carried away! Gorgeous!

Its cold, dark and rainy (don't let Shadowstalker hear ). I was commenting how much I enjoyed sensing the seasons change. One can actually take it literally. Thursday I was in a t-shirt, Friday in winter woollies. A temperature drop of over 15 degrees during the day.

Here a pic of our autumn colours

I also used to have "mother-issues" until I realized how similar we were. Now we are in a place where we both have learnt put our hand up and say, okay my turn to speak..

Aaaanyhoo, am still a bit mizz that Lord Sid is no longer contributing. I looked forward to his posts. Oh well, perhaps a sojourn is also healthy

Good luck and have fun with the chandelier Astrid. Post completed item pic here >>>>____________<<<<
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2011), Eram (16th February 2013), Marianne (10th October 2011), Mark (12th October 2011), markoid (10th October 2011), Sierra (13th October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 20 30 40 80 130 530 1030 2703 LastLast