+ Reply to Thread
Page 874 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 374 774 824 864 874 884 924 974 1374 1874 2703 LastLast
Results 17,461 to 17,480 of 54048

Thread: Here and Now...What's Happening?

1. Link to Post #17461
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Default Re: Here and Now...What's Happening?

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Whiskey, ask him if he is the real Bill Murray,
    or the hologram Bill Murray...

This is how Whiskey will get in:

Arrive at the door, holding a crystal tumbler with scotch and ice,
    dressed in exactly the same outfit Bill Murray wore in Lost in Translation,
    and announce: "Hi! I'm here to do the Karaoke skit,
    and play the hologram version of Mr. Murray..."

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), astrid (8th August 2012), benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Carmody (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Jenci (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012), Whiskey_Mystic (9th August 2012)

3. Link to Post #17462
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

It's a Wonderful Day! So, Wonderful Day, All

Oh, yeah, life is good atm. Sitting on my porch, listening to the crickets and birds and little critters that I have missed so much. It is overcast, so no sparkly dew this morning, but that also means it is not stifling hot yet. So much to do today, but really need to recover from city life. Wondering which will win...

Had a realization of sorts yesterday. For so long, I have struggled with the feeling that things happen backwards for me. On this current journey, all of this clearing and personal experiencing of spiritual or otherworldly things has been in the absence of a full understanding of what is going on. I have been experiencing it, but not reading about it or seeking academic or intellectual understanding. Well, truth be told, I did research but found nothing lol. It occurred to me why this is happening in this way. If I have reading material, I read it. And re-read it. And study it. And ponder it. And process it. But had I been going through these brain exercises at the same time as experiencing new stuff, I would have constantly been referring to the material to see if what I was feeling is "normal" or the same as is in the catalog. I would have been preoccupied with whether it looks the same as everyone else. Well, poo poo on that. I now have a new appreciation for being in the dark, so to speak. Hmmmm.

Hello, Angel Hero Nice to have you here.

Thank you Village for waking me up with a chuckle or two this morning. I will keep the chuckles with me alllll day!

Much Love,
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Jenci (8th August 2012), Knowrainknowrainbows! (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (8th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012)

5. Link to Post #17463
    United States Avalon Member 1inMany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,938 times in 2,119 posts

Oops, almost forgot. Here is my go to website for rocks. It was the first one I found, I loved the way it was organized. I always liked that I can look up symptoms and find rocks that will help with those. Anyway, thought I would share for anyone interested. http://www.healingcrystals.com/ Thought Waky and Swan might want to look into black rocks, as I can recommend them highly when energy becomes overwhelming Much Love,

p.s. Just a thought...When I first found rocks, I was just your average Jane, the concrete veil intact for 40 years. My first impression was that looking into rocks was a bit "woo-woo" (Twilight Zone music playing in my head). I was delighted to also find scientific information about how they work. There is plenty if one only looks...
    Last edited by 1inMany; 8th August 2012 at 13:47. Reason: p.s.
    Life is a road we don't travel alone. But everyone's on their own journey home.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 1inMany For This Post:

benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Jenci (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), PurpleLama (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (8th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012)

7. Link to Post #17464
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,971 times in 881 posts

Quote Posted by Wakytweaky (here)
    At the moment I am totally going up and down in this spectrum of allowing emotions to rise and suppress them like I used to.
    When I allow them to rise and experience them fully, it comes along with a different sensation to my breathing, like I breath something that prickles a teany weany bit in the lungs... is this something that other people can relate to? I mean... there are other things as well, as the abdomen being less constricted and the feeling of more space around me, but that breathing thing is a bit odd to me.
    Hi Waky,

When you put your attention on the feeling, your mind will more than likely carry on with its thoughts but just keep focusing the attention on the feeling itself rather than what the mind is thinking.

It will try to lure you with a description of what the feeling feels like but do bear in mind this is the mind just trying to make a story about it and as soon as you are aware of the description in the mind, your attention has moved away from the feeling onto the mind.

Jeanette

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (8th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012)

9. Link to Post #17465
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 times in 356 posts

Quote Posted by 1inMany (here)
    Oops, almost forgot. Here is my go to website for rocks. It was the first one I found, I loved the way it was organized. I always liked that I can look up symptoms and find rocks that will help with those. Anyway, thought I would share for anyone interested. http://www.healingcrystals.com/ Thought Waky and Swan might want to look into black rocks, as I can recommend them highly when energy becomes overwhelming Much Love,
    Wow, thanks!

We are very rocky people, my kids and I. Collect all sorts of rocks every where - the appartment is full of pebbles, large rocks and crystals.
    I don´t really know anything about crystals -just go with what feels right.

I´ve recently started making orgonite. Not with polyester and aluminium, but with pine resin or sugar and coppar. I have been using himalayan tibetan quartz for that, but will soon run out.
    Glad to have a reliable site I can order from!

BTW - anybody have any experience of orgonite? Some of the ones I do have a "buzz" to them and others do not. I am not sure why.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Jenci (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012)

11. Link to Post #17466
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

That's my favorite site for rocks, too.

p.s. Just a thought...When I first found rocks, I was just your average Jane, the concrete veil intact for 40 years. My first impression was that looking into rocks was a bit "woo-woo" (Twilight Zone music playing in my head). I was delighted to also find scientific information about how they work. There is plenty if one only looks...

12. Link to Post #17467
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Not much to report,
    been in the garden mostly, working with seeds, and planning out a garden spiral.

Found a cluster of Raven feathers that i had been asking for a while
    Will use them for a talisman. Raven being also associated with the trickster, is
    a excellent energy for transforming and transmuting, and fast...

Was meant to be in a skype class earlier today, tried for 30 mins to connect,
    and kept dropping off the call, and when i did connect i could only hear and not
    be heard. Although for another friend in a separate window, all was working fine.
    Interestingly enough the subject for the days class was Voodoo,
    which i had a fair amount of knowledge on already,
    i guess someone didn't want me sharing.
    IMO and IME, voodoo, is a psychological positioning thing. If it works, use it. Use the lever you can understand.

When you understand that, the need for levers or such things begins to fade away, and one realizes the energetic lies in the self.

Phrasing, it casting it, moving it, shifting it, feeling it, being it, making it happen, that is the trick -the trigger point. The voodoo can help be that. A focal point or focus methodology.

Thus, when clarity is gained on that front the position of voodoo moves to being a different thing.

13. Link to Post #17468
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 times in 356 posts

On this current journey, all of this clearing and personal experiencing of spiritual or otherworldly things has been in the absence of a full understanding of what is going on. I have been experiencing it, but not reading about it or seeking academic or intellectual understanding. Well, truth be told, I did research but found nothing lol. It occurred to me why this is happening in this way. If I have reading material, I read it. And re-read it. And study it. And ponder it. And process it. But had I been going through these brain exercises at the same time as experiencing new stuff, I would have constantly been referring to the material to see if what I was feeling is "normal" or the same as is in the catalog. I would have been preoccupied with whether it looks the same as everyone else. Well, poo poo on that. I now have a new appreciation for being in the dark, so to speak. Hmmmm.
    When weird stuff started happening to me about a year or two ago, I decided not to look up any info on it for the precise reasons you mention above.

I wanted to experience and not make stories.

Actually spending too much time on Avalon might be counterproductive in this sense...

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Jenci (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012)

15. Link to Post #17469
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,971 times in 881 posts

As long as I can remember my knees are in a lock position when I'm standing.
    Problems with the knees as well, on and off, unable to jog because hurting in the knee's.
    Several peoples telling me that the flow of energy in my legs is low during the past 15 years.
    Rheumatoid arthritis in the right knee 2 years ago and still recovering from the 8 month inflammation damage.
    Further... stretching my legs is the only part of my body where I'm stiff as a board for as long as I can remember.

oh... ok... light bulb moment !!!

It must be the life force energy (Chi) then... that is blocked in my legs.
    Sometimes it takes some time to come to a proper conclusion

So I have been doing this Lajin-Paida now for some months, but only the slapping part and not the stretching the legs part.
    done that stretching now for 7 days and it feels great.
    Never felt better in the legs actually.... but there is something that comes with it that I don't understand.
    Ever since I've started ... there is this nervous energy rushing through me. It comes from the stomach area and rises up to the chest, throat, and upwards.
    I haven't been able to sleep properly, only restless turning and tossing in the bed.
    Reading a book (which used to be my favourite relaxation) is also impossible because of this nervous energy.
    When I turn inward and ask what's happening... I feel that it is part of a healing process, but it sure may hurry up now, because I sure would like to have a good night of sleep now!

Hi Waky,

I thought you might be interested in this from Adyashanti's book The End of your World - which is a book that I highly recommend as it discusses many of the traps of the ego/mind that we have talked as well as physical changes when awakening.

Page 120

.....For some people, this movement of energy is very pronounced; for others, it is very subtle, like a small blip on their radar screen.

One of the most common things that happens as this energy starts to open up within us is insomnia - often our systems are not accustomed to the amount of raw energy coursing through. It is possible that, for quite a while after an awakening, you will find your system "revved up". It can take a while for our internal mechanisms - the mind, the body, and the subtle body - to adapt to the new amount of energy we are experiencing. This adjustment rarely happens overnight.

After awakening, most people find that their system is playing catch-up, working overtime to integrate and adapt to the new influx of energy that comes with the dissolution of the dream state. It is common that people will come to see me and say, "Adya, I haven't slept well for six month," or "I haven't slept more than three or four hours in any night for the last three years. "

This does not necessarily mean that anything has gone wrong. There is always the potential for the mind to comment on what's happening, to tell itself, "I'm not sleeping enough. I can't deal with this. Something must be terribly wrong." But from a different point of view, there's nothing wrong. The whole energy of the body is realigning itself; it's coming into a different state of harmony. It may take some time.

At this gross physical level of energy, I've seen people experience all sorts of thing in addition to insomnia. Sometimes people will experience heart palpitations. Others experience spontaneous movements of the body, where the body will release energy spontaneously - a leg might twitch out, or an arm might rise without warning. The system is being moved by a force that the mind doesn't understand.

In addition to an influx of energy on the physical level, there are often energetic transformations occurring on a more subtle level - the level of the mind. For a couple of years after my awakening at thirty-two, I felt like my mind was one of those old telephone switchboards where they had to unplug a jack from an outlet and put it into another. It felt like the wiring in my mind was being undone and put together in different ways....

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (8th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012)

17. Link to Post #17470
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Johannesburg marvels at rare snowfall
    August 08, 2012
    RECORDER REPORT

Snow flurries blew through South Africa on Tuesday, closing several border crossings with Lesotho and dusting parts of the country in white as residents poured into the streets to watch the snowflakes fall. "It's amazing, Merry Christmas!" said Roger Gibbs, driving through a leafy suburb in commercial hub Johannesburg where the trees were frosted in white - the first time in five years.

Snow falls annually in the mountains of South Africa and Lesotho, which even hosts a ski resort. But some high-altitude border posts between the countries received so much snow Tuesday that they were forced to close. Heavier snowfall in the Western mountains closed the main highway linking Johannesburg to Durban, Africa's busiest port, for several hours.

The snowfall swept north across Johannesburg, coating southern neighbourhoods in the early morning and then moving toward the Sandton financial district. "Amazing! Never happened in my life," said Mizundile Eseu, 23, a security guard. The South African Weather Service said six of the country's nine provinces had snowflakes on Tuesday, with snow expected through the night in Johannesburg. Authorities urged motorists to take care on the roads, with few drivers used to travelling on snowy streets, but no accidents had been blamed on the snow, according to police

Nottingham Road

Johannesburg Zoo

Random picture

Random(er) rebuttal

.... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Jenci (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (8th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012)

19. Link to Post #17471
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    If you are undoing a blockage that has been there for many years
    then surely one week is nothing to let the rest of your body adjust to the new energy flow.
    Also, while reading your post the first thing that came to my mind was that really deep slow breaths
    might help with the adjustment process and relax you enough to get a good nights sleep.
    That's true Ulli,

Someone told me of a breathing exercise (rhythmic .. in through the nose and out through the mouth) to help overcome my anxiety with learning to go Astral which is extremely relaxing and it helps me to fall asleep for the last few days. It helps for an hour or so after I wake up again and start tossing and turning... but it helps!

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    yesterday, BTW, I saw the biggest seagull I've ever seen in my life. In seagull terms as compared to humans, it would have been a 9 foot tall human, and properly proportioned. Larger than the average duck and headed toward being as big as a small Canada goose, or a large owl. I should have taken a picture, but I was so startled..and I was in a moving car, passing by.
    not to wreck your story Carmody, but that doesn't sound too big to me.
    In the Netherlands there are seagulls that have a wing width of 170 cm and a hight of 78 cm (grote mantelmeeuw)

It reminds me of a time that I was in La and visited the beach in Santa Monica.
    I was enjoying the first hours of sunshine that day.
    Suddenly I felt a big splash of sea water falling on my head, which was odd, because I was 15 yards away from the sea at least.
    As I got up I felt something sliding down my forehead and became aware that this was no sea water, but a dropping from the biggest nastiest sea bird that I ever encountered .
    As I ran to the water to wash myself and returned to my towel, I saw all the people looking and me and laughing there ass of.
    I wasn't the only one who noticed...
    Yep, they get bigger as you go north. Same for the crows, or ravens. Northern Ravens/crows..are at least twice the size of their southern counterparts. The colder the full yearly weather cycle, or the further north....the bigger the bird. Oddly enough, chickadees violate that rule.

In this case, the seagull was from the far north and was and is in the south. Which is the first time I've ever seen this happen.

What IS odd, is the appearance of the far far larger version of the bird.... in the south.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), astrid (8th August 2012), benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Jenci (8th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012)

21. Link to Post #17472
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

I'm so excited. I won't get to Karaoke, but I will still get to see him speak.

"We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), astrid (8th August 2012), benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Bill Ryan (9th August 2012), dan33 (8th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Heather2017 (8th August 2012), Jenci (9th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (8th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012)

23. Link to Post #17473
    Avalon Member danceblackcatdance's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 times in 281 posts

OOB NOOB

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to danceblackcatdance For This Post:

1inMany (8th August 2012), astrid (8th August 2012), benevolentcrow (8th August 2012), Carmody (8th August 2012), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2012), Eram (8th August 2012), Ernie Nemeth (8th August 2012), Jenci (9th August 2012), Lisab (8th August 2012), RunningDeer (8th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (8th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), ViralSpiral (8th August 2012)

25. Link to Post #17474
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

ohhhh, jealous, i LOVE Mr Murray,
    one of my favs was this one by director Jim Jarmusch

Freaking Hilarous....
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (9th August 2012), Jenci (9th August 2012), Lisab (9th August 2012), RunningDeer (9th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), ulli (8th August 2012), Whiskey_Mystic (9th August 2012)

27. Link to Post #17475
    Thanks

These are the last few days before my husband returns to Costa Rica
    and I stay behind in Barbados for three more weeks with a full work schedule.
    So we are packing each day full of sun and fun,
    and by the time evening comes all I can think of is light entertainment.

And here is what I found....(the Bill Murray thing is sheer coincidence)

Groundhog Day updated:

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (9th August 2012), benevolentcrow (9th August 2012), danceblackcatdance (9th August 2012), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2012), Jenci (9th August 2012), Lisab (9th August 2012), RunningDeer (9th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), ViralSpiral (9th August 2012)

29. Link to Post #17476
    United States Avalon Member Angel Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for the very warm welcome :D

¤=[Post Update]=¤

hahah! I love the humor in your words.
    Always learning.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Angel Hero For This Post:

1inMany (9th August 2012), astrid (9th August 2012), benevolentcrow (9th August 2012), Bill Ryan (9th August 2012), Carmody (9th August 2012), Lisab (9th August 2012), meeradas (9th August 2012), RunningDeer (9th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (9th August 2012), ulli (9th August 2012), ViralSpiral (9th August 2012)

31. Link to Post #17477
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Ohhh... looky Bill is in da house...

Welcome !
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

1inMany (9th August 2012), benevolentcrow (9th August 2012), Carmody (9th August 2012), Jenci (9th August 2012), Lisab (9th August 2012), meeradas (9th August 2012), PurpleLama (9th August 2012), RunningDeer (9th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (9th August 2012), ulli (9th August 2012)

33. Link to Post #17478
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Nora (here)
    The weather has been overwhelmingly searing and humid in the forest.
    And the sun particles barreling down and through everything with laser like precision -cold and extremely hot.
    Putting me on my ***
    All of the trees and plants are starting to wilt a bit
    and me with them, for 3 days I have been tense and fatigued.

Gratefully, a thunder storm moved through this afternoon bringing relief for about 20 minutes.

Also, feels like time is slowing down and the earth's energy is moving in the opposite direction.

Love

Nora
    Mercury changed direction, we are now out of mercury retrograde.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

1inMany (9th August 2012), Jenci (9th August 2012), Lisab (9th August 2012), meeradas (9th August 2012), RunningDeer (9th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), ulli (9th August 2012)

35. Link to Post #17479
    Thanks

One more before I sign off:

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (9th August 2012), Carmody (9th August 2012), Jenci (9th August 2012), Lisab (9th August 2012), meeradas (9th August 2012), RunningDeer (9th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (9th August 2012)

37. Link to Post #17480
    Thanks

and just in case there are Avalonians with special needs:

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

1inMany (9th August 2012), astrid (9th August 2012), Carmody (9th August 2012), Dennis Leahy (14th August 2012), Jenci (9th August 2012), Lisab (9th August 2012), meeradas (9th August 2012), RunningDeer (9th August 2012), Sierra (9th August 2012), Swan (9th August 2012), ViralSpiral (9th August 2012), Whiskey_Mystic (9th August 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 874 of 2703 FirstFirst 1 374 774 824 864 874 884 924 974 1374 1874 2703 LastLast