+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is going on in the middle east?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default What is going on in the middle east?

Here is my take on it. Am I on the right track?

• Palestine wants statehood in the UN.
    • China supports Palestine's bid for statehood and warned the U.S. against a veto.
    • Russia supports Palestine's bid for statehood.
    • France supports Palestine's bid for statehood if it will lead to better negotiations.
    • European union is leaning toward supporting Palestine's bid for statehood if it will lead to better negotiations.
    • Turkey supports Palestine's bid for statehood.
    • Saudi Arabia supports Palestine's bid for statehood and warned the U.S. against a veto.

• Israel does not support Palestine's bid for statehood.
    • U.S. does not support Palestine's bid for statehood and will veto.

• Turkey is preparing for possibility of war with Israel.
    • Israel is calling for preparedness of its reserve forces.
    • Egypt is distancing itself from Israel.

I'm sure I'm missing some significant pieces. I'm not sure where Lebanon stands, Hamas etc.

But really, is this all just posturing? One side, whether it be Israel or Palestine, has to give a little on the border negotiations, and if neither does... what then? Do Israel and Palestine really intend on going to war (and dragging a bunch of different countries into war with them)? What are the other possible outcomes of this situation if neither will budge? How does Turkey fit into this?
    Last edited by G.A; 17th September 2011 at 20:43.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to G.A For This Post:

KiwiElf (18th September 2011), ktlight (18th September 2011), Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), loveandgratitude (18th September 2011), Marianne (18th September 2011), Peace4all (18th September 2011), Ria (18th September 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (18th September 2011), Terra (18th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,483 times in 2,851 posts

Default Re: What is going on in the middle east?

Hi GA.

In my understanding, the issue with Palestine is the same as that assassination in Austria that started WWI, an excuse for a wider conflict that will ultimately involve Iran and the wider world. China's stance - as well as the others that are nominally cool toward NATO, Europe and N. America - is the same as that of any national opposition party, since China has capitulated to the NWO and agreed to the attempt to preserve the economic system, such as it is. Russia and China are coming closer and closer together, although Russia has traditionally been co-opted by the ptb, in the scenario now playing out, at the highest levels they may have agreed to side with China in the up-coming conflict.

Israel finds itself between a rock and a hard place. I wouldn't be surprised if they have had some sort of secret arrangement with Iran since they must realize they are being played and stand the highest chance of being blown to high heaven by nukes, literally, in any conflict that ensues. Turkey is interesting. Yes, I think they are less interested in joining the EU these days and prepared to stand on their own as their economy is strong and the EU is sinking. Israel's provocations only send them further to the side of those currently aligning against the Western countries.

Any war that breaks out has at its material core the highest gain in land and resources possible, a final solution to the "middle east problem". It's terrible to think of but it's like the movies we watch. You ever notice how, in the movies, the highest members of the officer corps never really want to kill each other if they get captured? They stand there talking as if they were the best of friends. About how they have often gone to school together, knew each other before the war, or share the same type of beliefs, since they share similar positions on either side. It's like that with the power elite of these countries. These conflicts are planned out beforehand by each side, the elite know they're not going to die. For those smaller countries who have to participate because they're happening in their lands, their leaders just get what they can and try to keep their heads down until it's over.

Turkey may start it since Iran doesn't seem to want to. That is, if it starts out in southwest Asia.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

G.A (18th September 2011), KiwiElf (18th September 2011), Lisab (18th September 2011), Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), loveandgratitude (18th September 2011), Miller (18th September 2011), Ria (18th September 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (18th September 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

The Supreme Leader of Iran said he will never support any attempt by his government to wage war on any country, including Israel. What that is really worth is anybody's guess, but I'd like to believe it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

G.A (18th September 2011), KiwiElf (18th September 2011), Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), Mark (18th September 2011), Miller (18th September 2011), Ria (18th September 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I agree, Oliver. Iran is the only country in the world that considers and calls itself a theocracy. They won't start it, but they will defend themselves quite ably if forced to.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

G.A (18th September 2011), KiwiElf (18th September 2011), Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), loveandgratitude (18th September 2011), Miller (18th September 2011), Ria (18th September 2011), Seikou-Kishi (18th September 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

Is a War actually winnable these days ?

Without 100% ethnic cleansing, I think not.
    Sapere aude

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

G.A (18th September 2011), KiwiElf (18th September 2011), Miller (18th September 2011), Ria (18th September 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

I just dont know what to believe anymore. A few weeks ago I was cheering on the rebels elated they were bringing down Gadaffi.But what do I know of Gadaffi? Only what I see on the biased news and of course Im keen on the ascention story and wanting to believe the predictions of change. Im white and so would be a hipocrite to speak of black struggles just as a man is a joke to speak of womens. Gadaffis a loon no matter what but is he really any better than our government. A friend of a friend of mine is Lybian and is all for the freedom from the Gadaffi regime even though I argued with him my predicament of the last two months. For the past two months Im really feeling as though,yep its a recession. The banks have fleeced me and I feel like a slave......The last few years people like us have been telling our families that the financial structures etc would fail and changes would come in big time. Nobody believed us. Now slowly the news are talking about the EURO going out the window and everyones nodding there heads like they knew all along!Like its the most natural and likely scenario now and even a couple of months ago I was being laughed at......Sorry going back to Libya I believe they have no idea what their letting themselves in for, this so called democracy but then again even if this was orchestrated by PTB all will fall soon including our own. Things are being shaken up. Its funny to me that it was all predicted,by astrologers and even channellers as far back as 30 years and further if you include E. Casey etc. But when you talk to sceptics who see the change they say oh but yes sociologists can tell you that 20 years before. Bah. Sociologists said that a black president had no chance of getting in for at least another 20yrs. We just werent ready. Astrologers and channelers said different. And thats what got me into channelers for a while, alot of them were bang on the money back then. I dont think they are now as with the shift anything seems to be happening now with the thinning of the veils. Ive noticed alot of channellers recentlely seem to be rerunning the same old message. As if on loop.It seems like a programme thats over now and its up to us. Its just the channellers themselves,like Lee Carroll, just cant give it up. Too scared. Its all theyve known the past 10yrs or so IMO............I went completetly off topic then didnt I. Sorry minds racing tonight had a bit of a shift!!!Back to Libya I think even if TPTB instagated it all (which of course they did) or if Gadaffi aint as bad as we think it doesnt matter, their all out. The people will win even if naively believing the West were on their side............. Gosh sorry Im not very political but got a bit passionate there. Im learning with my own posts!!!loads love lisax

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

G.A (18th September 2011), KiwiElf (18th September 2011), Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), MorgaineFallen (18th September 2011), Ria (18th September 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (18th September 2011), Vitalux (18th September 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

I've learned to not put too much faith into the news media.
    Their mandate is to keep the population confused and in fear.
    I use to look to the mass media to find truth, however I now understand that was a fallacy.

All I have learned is that the world is running exactly the way the puppet masters are intending it to run.
    Fools like us and others are just played back and forth against each other like pawns in a game of chess.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

G.A (18th September 2011), GCS1103 (18th September 2011), KiwiElf (18th September 2011), Lisab (18th September 2011), Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), Mark (18th September 2011), MorgaineFallen (18th September 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

I still think that the hidden hand is setting this all up for the sacrifice of the israeli population.
    Then, the messhiach will ''appear'' and rule over the world.
    I don't like the plans and I will do what I can to defeat them.

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Rahkyt, thank you for your valuable input.

It is an impossibility, in my mind, for the super powers of the world to even consider warring among each other because that is surely certain death for all life on the planet. China, Russia, U.S. and the other super powers have no intention of blasting the earth into a state of inhabitability. So all this is posturing and side-taking can't be anymore than maneuvering and deceit. So if China and Russia are showing support to the arab nations, U.S. is supporting Israel, and Iran is distancing itself from everyone - one side of these superpowers are going to back off and leave the nation they were supporting to crumble.

It is my understanding and interpretation of the current happenings that the so called "middle east problem" is to be dealt with by instigating a country such as Turkey or Palestine to start the war by attacking Israel. At this point the U.S. will step in and all hell will break loose in the middle east. Being a U.S. citizen and being exposed to the media here, it is hard for me to see this going the other way - which would the U.S. backing off and leaving Israel to fight on its own.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to G.A For This Post:

Mark (18th September 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

The problem with the whole middle-east situation is that I can't see the world being able to move on into world peace until it has been resolved one way or another. In all honesty, I've been expecting WW3 to originate from Israel. I've always felt, if it occurred, WW3 would be a religious war, and would be of a ferocity that would truly scare people. I hope it doesn't come to that, but when Israel is unwilling to be serious in any way about coming to a peaceful resolution of this conflict that has dragged on and on, how can we really entertain any other conclusion to this mess? As it stands, it's unresolved karma...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), Mark (18th September 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

When something is too obvious then chances are 99% that it will not happen that way.

Iran was a big case but IMHO is no longer no 1 priority.
    I would watch close the shaping triangle between Turkey, Cyprus, Greece over "drilling" rights and connect that to Israel and PKK.
    Of course that is an assumption, but the building tension is worth noticing. Iran will surface again later on in this process.

There is a lot more brewing in the ME that meets the eye. Lord Sid calls it the "hidden hand".
    We have to waiting and see....Will it be the sacrifice of Israeli people or much much more.

Stavros
    Truth will not set you free. Knowledge will...

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdafnom For This Post:

Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), Mark (18th September 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (18th September 2011)

22. Link to Post #12
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by G.A (here)
    Rahkyt, thank you for your valuable input.

It is an impossibility, in my mind, for the super powers of the world to even consider warring among each other because that is surely certain death for all life on the planet. China, Russia, U.S. and the other super powers have no intention of blasting the earth into a state of inhabitability. So all this is posturing and side-taking can't be anymore than maneuvering and deceit. So if China and Russia are showing support to the arab nations, U.S. is supporting Israel, and Iran is distancing itself from everyone - one side of these superpowers are going to back off and leave the nation they were supporting to crumble.

It is my understanding and interpretation of the current happenings that the so called "middle east problem" is to be dealt with by instigating a country such as Turkey or Palestine to start the war by attacking Israel. At this point the U.S. will step in and all hell will break loose in the middle east. Being a U.S. citizen and being exposed to the media here, it is hard for me to see this going the other way - which would the U.S. backing off and leaving Israel to fight on its own.
    What you aren't taking into account is that the ''new world order'' is not one harmonious faction, but a group of blocs that all wanna run the show.
    So, a lot of the ''wars'' are interfaction clashes and profit making ventures.

Quote Posted by jcocks (here)
    The problem with the whole middle-east situation is that I can't see the world being able to move on into world peace until it has been resolved one way or another. In all honesty, I've been expecting WW3 to originate from Israel. I've always felt, if it occurred, WW3 would be a religious war, and would be of a ferocity that would truly scare people. I hope it doesn't come to that, but when Israel is unwilling to be serious in any way about coming to a peaceful resolution of this conflict that has dragged on and on, how can we really entertain any other conclusion to this mess? As it stands, it's unresolved karma...
    Pike said that ww3 would be the zionists v the muslims and the religions have that view in a way too.
    Last edited by Lord Sidious; 18th September 2011 at 10:14.

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Lord Sid, your feelings on this subject reminds me of the documentary done by Tony Robinson "The Doomsday Code". It's been a while since I watched it...

[GOOGLE]6439295521791525424[/GOOGLE]

Alternative link

Quote Tony Robinson travels to America, the Middle East, the Mediterranean and Africa to gather evidence that might uncover the realities behind the prophecies contained within the Book of Revelation. He interviews people who believe millions will be spirited up to Heaven, Israel will fight a nuclear war, that the Secretary General of the UN will be unmasked as the Anti-Christ and the world will end after the Battle of Armageddon. Doomsday, End of days, World war 3, Iran, Israel, Islam, Jew, Christianity, Muslim, war! Lobby Groups!
    Background to The Doomsday Code
    Last edited by Terra; 18th September 2011 at 19:37. Reason: Having problems with Google BBcode
    Terra

IF.....

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Terra For This Post:

Lord Sidious (19th September 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

@ Taurean, I always try to keep in mind that these people are psychopaths who have believed that they have a way to escape some sort of mass destruction. They had bunkers and probably still do, in different parts of the country and the world, even if it's true that the ones under DC and Denver have been blown. Speaking of which, why would Obama still be going to Denver if that one has been nuked? I smell disinfo ...

@ Lisab, sounds like you're getting a good handle on exactly how crazy and convoluted all of this stuff really is! LOL You have to really stretch to mirror and attempt to understand the kinds of mindsets that thrive in these machiavellian power games, you really do. You're right, it is all up to us, in the end. Living in the Now and interpreting events as they come gives honor to the moment and to Free Will, which guarantees that prophecy never happens exactly as we think it will. Keep on searching ...

@ Gary and Lord Sid, y'all know what time it is. But I personally don't think that they are as omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent as they like for us to believe they are. I think that they are playing it off the cuff a lot more these days than they like to. Whatever is going on in the Cosmos and with this whole shift/wave thing, something definitely is happening to make it so that their plans are not as solid or ponderous in their inevitability as they used to be just a few short years ago.

@ GA, thank you for this interesting post. What I forgot to write in my original posting was supposed to follow the part about the "material core" and it has to do with the "spiritual core". I'm not a staunch materialist, so I ascribe higher density extra-dimensional aspects and causative factors to the things that eventually trickle down to our 3D world reality. My understanding is that many of the power elite do so as well. Since there seems to be a change in the energetic formation of the world polity at some high level, that must find expression materially also, whoever the pro and antagonists may be at higher consciousness levels. All of us as a greater soul group against .. whomever? Whatever? I'm not sure ...

So whether or not it is true that there is some great, multi-dimensional and spiritual conflict coming to a head - in the sense that moves are being made around the globe to position themselves for a wider war - they are acting as if it is so. And one of the main streams of prophetic text that has come down to us today is the world-wide belief that an End is coming. It seems that there are factions in the ptb who think so as well and they may indeed be attempting to bring on some form of Armageddon because they think they can survive it by going underground or to another planet or something. I put nothing past Psychopaths/Organic Portals, as they do not "feel" in the same manner as the ensouled, or those with consciences. You have to also realize that nuclear weapons have been in constant use since the 1st Guf war, Desert Storm, which I was a part of, as a soldier in the American army. I didn't go to Iraq, as it did not last long enough to warrant the "second wave", but it was a nuclear war, nonetheless. Ever heard of Depleted Uranium Shells? Ever looked at images online about what's going on in Fallujah right now, in Iraq, as far as birth defects are concerned? The "cradle of civilization" is irradiated, and will be for centuries if not millennia. The ptb may begin it thinking that it will be limited in nuclear scope, but we will most certainly see.

@ Jcocks and sdafnom, I agree that karma must work itself out, that every action does indeed have an equal and opposite reaction. The historical tension between Turkey and Greece over Cyprus and other issues I think makes it difficult for those two countries to see eye to eye currently, although if things continue going as they are I think it is quite possible that the conflict that we are speaking of can actually start in Europe. I think that Greece and Turkey will be a part of that, but that it will spread north into the heartland of western Europe as well as spread further into Southwest Asia. Judging by the massive demonstrations across the continent in recent years, Europeans are achin' for a battle royale if these governments don't do right by them, as people all across the world are as well.
    Last edited by Mark; 18th September 2011 at 20:04.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Lord Sidious (19th September 2011), sdafnom (19th September 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    England Avalon Member Shakespeare's Foot.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think it was Einstein that said he didn't know how world war 3 would be fought but he did know that the fourth world war would be back to using sticks and stones.

What a species, huh?

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shakespeare's Foot. For This Post:

Atlas (19th August 2016), Lord Sidious (19th September 2011), Mark (18th September 2011), MorgaineFallen (18th September 2011), sdafnom (19th September 2011), Terra (19th September 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Then, the messhiach will ''appear'' and rule over the world.
    Which Messiah will appear?

I am just wondering which one will appear or will they just all be standing in a long line.

Here is just some of the historical Messiahs. I could have included so many more Messiah's as well....but just figured a few would bring about some perspective on the question.

Jewish messiah claimants

* Simon of Peraea (ca. 4 BC
    * Athronges (ca. 3 BC)
    * Menahem ben Judah
    * Vespasian, c.
    * Simon bar Kokhba
    * Moses of Crete
    * Ishak ben Ya'kub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani (684–705)
    * o Yudghan
    * Serene
    * David Alroy
    * Nissim ben Abraham
    * Moses Botarel of Cisneros
    * Asher Lämmlein
    * David Reubeni (1490–1541?)
    * Solomon Molcho (1500–1532)
    * Sabbatai Zevi (1626–1676)
    o Barukhia Russo
    o Jacob Querido
    o Miguel Cardoso
    o Mordecai Mokia (1650–1729),
    o Löbele Prossnitz (?–1750),
    * Jacob Joseph Frank (1726–1791),
    * Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902–1994),

Christian messiah claimants

* Simon Magus (early 1st century), he was Samaritan, and a native of Gitta; he was considered a god in Simonianism; he "darkly hinted" that he himself was Christ, calling himself the Standing One.

* Dositheos the Samaritan (mid 1st century), he was one of the supposed founders of Mandaeanism. After the time of Jesus he wished to persuade the Samaritans that he himself was the Messiah prophesied by Moses.[9] Dositheus pretended to be the Christ (Messiah), applying Deuteronomy 18:15 to himself, and he compares him with Theudas and Judas the Galilean.

* Montanus (135-177), he claimed to be the promised Paraclete in the mid 2nd century mentioned in Gospel of John 14:16[11] and would set up the New Jerusalem in the small town of Pepuza in Phrygia.

* Adalbert, a bishop who claimed miraculous powers circa 744. The Pope excommunicated him.

* Tanchelm of Antwerp (ca. 1110), who violently opposed the sacrament and the Eucharist.

* Ann Lee (1736–1784), a central figure to the Shakers,[13] who thought she "embodied all the perfections of God" in female form and considered herself to be Christ’s female counterpart in 1772.

* Bernhard Müller (c. 1799–1834) claimed to be the Lion of Judah and a prophet in possession of the Philosopher's stone.

* John Nichols Thom (1799–1838), a Cornish tax rebel.

* Arnold Potter (1804–1872), Latter Day Saint schismatic leader; called himself "Potter Christ"

* Hong Xiuquan (1814–1864), Hakka Chinese; claimed himself to be the younger brother of Jesus Christ; started the Taiping Rebellion and founded the Heavenly Kingdom of Great Peace. Committed suicide before the fall of Tianjing (Nanjing) in 1864.

* Bahá'u'lláh (1817–1864), born Shiite, adopting Bábism later in life, he claimed to be the promised one of all religions, and founded the Bahá'í Faith.

* William W. Davies (1833–1906), Latter Day Saint schismatic leader; claimed that his infant son Arthur (b. 1868) was the reincarnated Jesus Christ

* Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, India (1835–1908), claimed to be the awaited Mahdi as well as (Second Coming) and likeness of Jesus the promised Messiah at the end of time, being the only person in Islamic history who claimed to be both. He claimed to be Jesus in the metaphorical sense; in character. He founded the Ahmadiyya Movement in 1889 envisioning it to be the rejuvenation of Islam, and claimed to be commissioned by God for the reformation of mankind.[15] He declared that Jesus survived crucifixion and died a natural death having migrated towards the east.

* Father Divine (George Baker) (c. 1880 – September 10, 1965), an African American spiritual leader from about 1907 until his death who claimed to be God.
    * André Matsoua (1899–1942), Congolese founder of Amicale, proponents of which subsequently adopted him as Messiah in the late 1920s.

* Samael Aun Weor (1917–1977), born Víctor Manuel Gómez Rodríguez, Colombian citizen and later Mexican, was an author, lecturer and founder of the 'Universal Christian Gnostic Movement', according to him, 'the most powerful movement ever founded'. By 1972, he referenced that his death and resurrection would be occurring before 1978.

* Sun Myung Moon (1920-), founder and leader of the Unification Church established in Seoul, South Korea, who considers himself the Second Coming of Christ, but not Jesus himself in 1954.[17] Although it is generally believed by Unification Church members ("Moonies") that he is the Messiah and the Second Coming of Christ and is anointed to fulfill Jesus' unfinished mission.

* Charles Manson (b. 1934), leader of the "Manson family" who ordered his followers to kill in preparation for the end of the world. He also claimed to be Satan.

* Yahweh ben Yahweh (1935–2007), born as Hulon Mitchell, Jr., a black nationalist and separatist who created the Nation of Yahweh and allegedly orchestrated the murder of dozens of persons.

* Laszlo Toth (b. 1940) claimed he was Jesus Christ as he battered Michelangelo's Pieta with a geologist hammer.

* Wayne Bent (b. 1941), also known as Michael Travesser of the Lord Our Righteousness Church, also known as the "Strong City Cult", convicted December 15, 2008 of one count of criminal sexual contact of a minor and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor in 2008.

* Iesu Matayoshi (b. 1944), in 1997 he established the World Economic Community Party based on his conviction that he is God and the Christ.

* Jung Myung Seok (1945-), a South Korean who was a member of the Unification Church in the 1970s, before breaking off to found the dissenting group[19] now known as Providence Church in 1980.[20][21] He also considers himself the Second Coming of Christ, but not Jesus himself in 1980.[22] He believes he has come to finish the incomplete message and mission of Jesus Christ, asserting that he is the Messiah and has the responsibility to save all mankind.[23] He claims that the Christian doctrine of resurrection is false but that people can be saved through him.

* Claude Vorilhon now known as Raël "messenger of the Elohim" (1946-), a French professional test driver and former automobile journalist became founder and leader of UFO religion the Raël Movement in 1972, which teaches that life on Earth was scientifically created by a species of extraterrestrials, which they call Elohim. He claimed he met an extraterrestrial humanoid in 1973 and became the Messiah. Then devoted himself to the task he said was given by his "biological father", an extraterrestrial namedYahweh.

* Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda (b. 1946), a Puerto Rican preacher who has claimed to be "the Man Jesus Christ", who is indwelled with the same spirit that dwelled in Jesus. Founder of the "Growing in Grace" ministries.

* Inri Cristo (b. 1948) of Indaial, Brazil, a claimant to be the second Jesus.

* Apollo Quiboloy (1950-), founder and leader of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ religious group, who claims that Jesus Christ is the "Almighty Father," that Quiboloy is "His Appointed Son," and that salvation is now completed. Proclaims himself as the "Appointed Son of the God" not direct to the point as the "Begotten Son of the God" in 1985.

* David Icke (b. 1952), of Great Britain, has described himself as "the son of God", and a "channel for the Christ spirit".

* Brian David Mitchell was born on October 18, 1953 in Salt Lake City, Utah, he believed himself the fore-ordained angel born on earth to be the Davidic "servant" prepared by God as a type of Messiah who would restore the divinely led kingdom of Israel to the world in preparation for Christ's second coming. (Mitchell's belief in such an end-times figure – also known among many fundamentalist Latter Day Saints as "the One Mighty and Strong" – appeared to be based in part on a reading of the biblical book of Isaiah by the independent LDS Hebraist, Avraham Gileadi, with which Mitchell became familiar from his former participation with Stirling Allan's American Study Group.

* David Koresh (Vernon Wayne Howell) (1959–1993), leader of the Branch Davidians.

* Maria Devi Christos (b. 1960), founder of the Great White Brotherhood.

* Sergei Torop (b. 1961), who started to call himself "Vissarion", founder of the Church of the Last Testament and the spiritual community Ecopolis Tiberkul in Southern Siberia.

* David Shayler (b. 1965), former MI5 agent and whistleblower who declared himself the Messiah on 7 July 2007

Muslim messiah claimants

* Muhammad Jaunpuri (1443–1505), who traveled Northeastern India; he influenced the Mahdavia and the Zikris.

* Báb (1819–1850), who declared himself to be the promised Mahdi in Shiraz, Iran in 1844. (Related to Baha'i claims.)

* Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835–1908) of Qadian, 'the Promised Messiah' return of Jesus as well as the 'Mahdi', founder of the Ahmadiyya religious movement. He preached that Jesus Christ had survived crucifixion and died a natural death. He was the only person in Islamic history to have claimed to be both the promised return of Jesus as well as the promised Mahdi.

* Muhammad Ahmad ("The Mad Mahdi") (1844–1885), who declared himself the Mahdi in 1881, defeated the Ottoman Egyptian authority, and founded a short-lived empire in Sudan.

* Sayyid Mohammed Abdullah Hassan (1864–1920) of Somaliland, who engaged in military conflicts from 1900 to 1920.

* Rashad Khalifa (1935–1990), an Egyptian-American biochemist who claimed that he had discovered a mathematical code in the text of the Qur'an involving the number 19; he later claimed to be the "Messenger of the Covenant" and founded the "Submitters International" movement before being murdered.

* Juhayman al-Otaibi (1936–1980), who seized the Grand Mosque in Mecca in November 1979 and declared his son-in-law the Mahdi.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Atlas (19th August 2016), Lord Sidious (19th September 2011), Terra (19th September 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

There's no such thing as a winnable war. War makes losers of both sides. Today, British people are told we have to attack Saddam Hussein or we have to attack Muammar Gaddafi. We will never progress until we tell our politicians that we are not willing to send any more of our sons and daughters to their deaths for a politician's name. We might also tell those politicians if they want to satisfy their egos by doing something that will go down in the history books, they could make a fair world taxpayers don't fund the recklessness of bankers, where the property rights of business owners (rather the business's own rights as a distinct legal entity, which is a disgusting legal falsehood) don't override the essential rights of the people, and where people aren't lead to hatred of people they have never even met. -- oh, and maybe a world where politicians aren't revered the way they are now (though that wouldn't be a problem if only decent, worthy people became politicians)

"What does a sperm and a lawyer have in common? One in 50 million has the chance of becoming a human being."

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Atlas (19th August 2016), GCS1103 (19th September 2011), Lord Sidious (19th September 2011), Terra (19th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread