+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 144 FirstFirst 1 24 34 44 84 134 144 LastLast

Thread: Tirelessly updating Avalon on the El Hierro eruption.

1. Link to Post #661
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: After tirelessly updating Avalon for weeks...it's official, evacuation is in prog

Nice little clouds over there at La Frontera... beautiful day!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Busiest hour of the day (3.1; 3.5; 3.4; 3.2; 3.1):

For the day:

Refresh your browser to get the latest traces

Dramatic change of scale, compressing the earlier graph to the bottom!

How it's looking like now from La Frontera:

Last edited by Hervé; 6th October 2011 at 09:45.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (4th October 2011), randles (3rd October 2011), sygh (5th October 2011), Terra (3rd October 2011)

3. Link to Post #662
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Default Re: After tirelessly updating Avalon for weeks...it's official, evacuation is in prog

All right, I am off for now, enjoy the day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

randles (3rd October 2011)

5. Link to Post #663
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,813 times in 797 posts

Thank nyou Amzer Zo, Thank You for Everything !
    Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    All right, I am off for now, enjoy the day!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

sygh (5th October 2011)

7. Link to Post #664
    Thanks

http://www.diarioelhierro.com/

EUROPA PRESS, S / C Tenerife (10/03/2011)
    The president of the Cabildo de El Hierro, Alpidio Armas, has said that the Military Emergency Unit (UME) will remain in El Hierro "the time it takes" to "guarantee peace, power and communication services", due to seismic crisis.

Thus, in statements given to RNE collected by Europa Press, Armas has also indicated that the State Committee for Coordination of Civil Protection for Volcanic Risk "explicitly continue to meet to discuss this crisis."

It has also encouraged citizens to visit the island "with confidence because there is no problem." In this regard, he recalled that life and property in El Hierro "no risk" and "the peace that reigns in the daily work of its people." "The island is still running in a relaxed and normal," he assured.

Finally, he warned that the volcanic crisis is affecting tourism in the island of Hierro, since "have appreciated a drop in tourism activities typical of the region." Specifically, he indicated that "activities such as scuba diving and hiking, which generate the island economy, have suffered several cancellations on reservations because of this crisis."

With Regards to the above article about it affecting Tourism, El Hierro is a beautiul Island, as are ALL the Islands here....Come on !!!! The lava is flowing to the Sea, there is NOTHING to fear... I do pray that this turns around QUICKLY for the Islanders ther....Go to El Hierro, take a walk and feel like you are sitting on the edge of the 'World, there is nothing like it

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Hervé (3rd October 2011), sygh (5th October 2011), tessie999 (3rd October 2011)

9. Link to Post #665
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,352 times in 1,657 posts

Hi randles

If you havent already seen it check this thread out.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Earth Angel (3rd October 2011), randles (3rd October 2011)

11. Link to Post #666
    Thanks

Hello Muzz !!! Thank You for the link.
    I have sat here staring at this white screen for more than 5 minutes. So many things running through my mind to say to you,
    So I can only speak from the Heart. But please understand that I can only speak for ME.

I cannot allow my psyche to 'buy into it'. I believe in Self Fullfilling Prophecies, and in essence, despite calling on the Universe for direction and wishes, I am always aware that 'beware what you wish for, because it just might come true'. I believe, that this kind of event can be 'attracted', just like the power of the mind can roll a cage or bend a spoon or fork.
    I live each day, sunsets and sunrises, doing just what all of us do here...I do the best that I can in My job to create the money that life requires to provide My children and loved ones with food to eat, a roof over our heads and a warm bed to sleep in, in the dark of night; and all the while I kiss and I hug and fill them with love each and every moment of the day.
    I love My life. I am at peace with myself. For the first time in 43 years, I can look at myself and think 'you didgood girl'.
    At the start of Summer I took up Paragliding, and I love it. Running off a Mountain, flying like a bird, rising into the cloud to dance across the Mountain tops, catching the Thermals and then stepping onto the ground. Freedom. My Husband hates me to do it, because he is afraid. For Me. For him. If something should happen, the way he sees it and Says it 'what is life without you'... and so, I made him a promise (grimicing) that I would 'stop now' until he gets home. And I wait for My Husband so that we can fly free. Together.
    Throughout my journey of life, I have found that the only thing that 'fills' me, is unconditional love, and inside ME, I have No Room for thoughts of Tsunamis, Destruction, Fear,...... Don;'t get me wrong, thanks to this thread, I understood WHAT a 'bug out bag' was. I understood from a huge array of Avalonians, that came together as 'Oneness' that it IS possible to send Healing Love and Healing Thoughts.
    At times, it has made me stand before my Family here at Avalon and feel Oh So very Humble. Your compounded knowledge, Your communication, Your Oneness is something that sets You all apart from the rest.
    Here I Fit. Here I feel at Home.

A 7-10 day prediction in that thread of Cumbre Vieje falling into the Sea...For me ?? Is just that.. A prediction. If it hasn't happened yet. Then it probably won't. I use the word probably in the context of....whatever probability we 'pull' from our consciousness dictates the next branch of probabilities along the way and so on...

My Husband is a reliable source for me. And regardless of the information passing to and fro...I count sunsets and sunrises, just the way I always have. Time is speeding up and the years pass all a little too quickly for me, for all of us...and so I am happy to count.
    If this is Mother Nature, and she is growing, and bending and stretching; and we are 'stuck' as a Collective unable to adjust, in Denial, Afraid who to trust or what to believe any more, then we have to learn to grow and bend and stretch with her.
    If there Is ANY truth in the thread that you shared, then I would Hope that our Creators do Not take Pity on them should this event occur.
    I thank you for the link. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for the link. Please share anything else that you have, because regardless of how that makes Me feel inside, We should never stop listening and learning, asking,,,regardless of whether or not it is what we want to Hear.
    Thank You Muzz. Thank You !
    Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Hi randles

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Calz (4th October 2011), Hervé (3rd October 2011), Muzz (4th October 2011), Raven (5th October 2011), Ruby L. (3rd October 2011), Spirithorse (3rd October 2011), sygh (5th October 2011), tessie999 (3rd October 2011)

13. Link to Post #667
    Thanks

El Hierro has been more or less the same activity today, with a 3.7 being Registered at 12.48 today.
    The Daily Registered count is at 68.
    The Total Registered count is 9256

The Earthquakes are continuining to move South

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

sygh (5th October 2011)

15. Link to Post #668
    Thanks

"The probability of a volcanic eruption remains low"

"SERGIO GUTIERREZ, DiarioelElHierro.es, Valverde (03.10.2011. 16:03 pm)

The probability of a volcanic eruption on the island of El Hierro is low, while maintaining the alert, according to the conclusions of the meeting of the State Committee on Coordination of Civil Protection Volcanic Risk, which took place this Monday, October 3, at the headquarters of the Ministry of Interior, headed by Undersecretary of the Department, Pilar Gallego.

Committee members have discussed the current situation, forecasts and state media available to intervene if necessary.

The meeting was attended by the Director General of Civil Protection and Emergency Department, Victoria Maria Eugenia Sanchez along with the Government in Tenerife Subdelegado and the Director General of Security and Emergency Canarian Government.

The members of this Committee representing the Department of Infrastructure and Tracking for Crisis Presidency of the Government, the Directorate General for Defence Policy and Military Emergency Unit of the Ministry of Defence, General Directorate of Police and Civil Guard and the Traffic Department of the Interior Ministry, the Directorate General of Public Health and Health Affairs of the Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality, the Directorates General of Merchant Marine, Civil Aviation and the National Geographic Institute of the Ministry of Development, the Institute Geological Survey of Spain and the State Agency Council for Scientific Research from the Ministry of Science and Innovation, and the State Meteorological Agency of the Ministry of Environment and Rural and Marine Affairs.

EVOLUTION OF SEISMIC AND ACTION SERIES

The purpose of the meeting was to analyze the evolution of the seismic series in El Hierro and the measures taken under the Special Plan of Civil Protection and Emergency Response for Volcanic Risk in the Community of the Canary Islands (Pevolca), the study of needs and assets and capabilities of the General Administration of the State in the framework of the Coordination and Support Plans.

During these days, has been following the developments with a view to adopting appropriate measures and, if the means available.

After the recorded seismic activity and testing of various parameters and reports issued by the working group of the National Geographic Institute (IGN) and the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) in its meeting on September 23 at the Cabildo El Hierro, the Technical Committee Volcanic Emergency Management and the Scientific Assessment and Monitoring of Volcanic Phenomena of the Emergency Plan to volcanic risk in the Autonomous Community of Canary Islands (Pevolca) decided to move from situation to situation yellow green According to the criteria defined in Pevolca.

On September 27, increased seismic activity and there was the evacuation of 53 people in the municipality of La Frontera risk of detachment, keeping the yellow level of risk level.

According to information provided by the IGN, the seismicity has increased in magnitude and depth, has moved south of the island of El Hierro, and much of its activity has been located in the sea. Because of its location, earthquakes are felt less in the island and landslides have fallen so much of the evacuees have returned to their homes.

During the past weekend (September 30 - October 2), the activity has fallen considerably. However, on Monday October 3, returned to pick up.

EVALUATION OF STATE MEDIA

Emergency Military Unit (UME) keeps deployed on the island about fifty of effective communications and 17 vehicles, buses for transporting people, ambulances, etc.. It has established a command post in the headquarters of control Anatolio Fuentes.

The Directorate General of Merchant Marine and Salvage has become a media planning and response times of their maritime and air units, for an evacuation if necessary.

Also, as a preventive measure, the General Directorate for Civil Protection and Emergency has been conducting communications exercises between the islands, among the more than 200 members of the Emergency Radio Network (REMER).

The Delegation of the Canarian Government has updated the inventory of media and state resources, ready to intervene if necessary and in support of the Autonomous Community.

ACTION PLANNING AND PROTOCOLS

When it affects the existing capacities in the Coordination and Support Plans to volcanic hazards in our country, the Basic Guideline of Civil Protection Planning volcanic risk, by agreement of the Council of Ministers of 19 January 1996, provides the following plans for coordination and support provided by the State Plan, Evacuation Plan, Plan of supply, shelter and social assistance, Plan of action on the volcanic agent Coordination Plan Information in emergencies.

From an operational standpoint, the above plans and how coordination and support actions might correspond to the Central Government would be complementary to the proceedings under the Special Plan for Civil Protection and Emergency Response for Volcanic Risk Autonomous Community Canarias (Pevolca) and everything that could define and establish the territorial council of El Hierro."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Hervé (3rd October 2011), sygh (5th October 2011)

17. Link to Post #669
    Thanks

"The deformation of El Hierro is about 40 mm"

ESPECIAL CRISIS SÍSMICA - 3/10/2011 (17:41 horas)

"SERGIO GUTIERREZ, DiarioElHIerro.es, Valverde (10.03.2011. 17:41 pm)

The director of the National Geographic Institute (IGN) de Canarias, María José Blanco, said Monday in Valverde that the deformation of the island of El Hierro "this time round in the 40 mm".

Blanco, who was speaking after a meeting with scientists and authorities held in the council island El Hierro, the earthquake "continue to register below 10 km while maintaining the same release of energy from seismic series that began on the island" he said.

Maria Jose Blanco also indicated that the tremors are located 6 miles from the coast of El Julan, in the Sea of ​​Calm, "so no changes to the previous weeks," he added.

Also, White reported that the National Geographic Institute (IGN) has increased the number of control stations, "with the aim of increasing seismic monitoring on the southern fringe of the island."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to randles For This Post:

sygh (5th October 2011)

19. Link to Post #670
    Thanks

"SERGIO GUTIERREZ, DiarioElHierro.es, Valverde (10.03.2011. 18:27 pm)

The area of ​​El-Mar Julan Las Calmas Monday is being shaken more intense than other days. Of the 91 earthquakes recorded until 16:12 GMT (17:12 hours canaria), and 7 have been felt by the population of La Restinga, El Golfo, El Pinar and Isora, as confirmed to DAILY IRON people who have seen the earthquakes.

Of all felt earthquakes, the most watched series occurred in the early hours of Monday with a sense every minute earthquake, recorded at 3:34, 3:35 and 3:36 hours Canary and magnitudes of 3.4, 3.2 and 3.1 degrees respectively.

The shock so far has been the 3.7-magnitude on the Richter scale and intensity IV on the MSK scale, which was detected at 12:48 GMT (13:48 hours canaria), 12 km deep , although this does not reflect IGN shaking has been felt by the population.

According to the National Geographic Institute (IGN) collected by DAILY IRON, seven earthquakes were way on Monday between 2.9 and 3.4 magnitude on the Richter scale and 10 and 14 kilometers deep. To date, ING has identified eight earthquakes above magnitude 3 and one of 3.0 magnitude on the Richter scale."

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Hervé (3rd October 2011), sygh (5th October 2011), tessie999 (3rd October 2011)

21. Link to Post #671
    Thanks

An early Goodnight from me
    ign.es has not updated for a couple of hours or so.

71 are registered so far for the day, and it would seem that Pollys energy is still moving South. Good news !!

Goodnight Avalon, Sweet dreams

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Hervé (3rd October 2011), Ruby L. (3rd October 2011), sygh (5th October 2011), tessie999 (3rd October 2011)

23. Link to Post #672
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Hi randles

Hi Muzz!

See, this is what we are trying to disentangle and clarify here:

Quote "Most urgent is John Moore's report from his contact that a volcano
    on the Canary Islands is about to erupt in about seven to ten days.
    Geologists agree that if the Cumbre Vieja volcano erupts, its resulting
    landslide will surely generate a tsunami that will kill many millions
    of people along the East Coast of the Americas, from Canada, down
    over the United States, the Caribbean Islands, and down through
    Central and South America."
    John Moore is a good guy but he has got his data completely confused: the volcano that may erupt is El Hierro, not the Cumbre Vieja. With the switcheroo, there goes switching from El Hierro to Cumbre Vieja...

Then, even with the Cumbre Vieja, there is the matter of how fast a slide of its flank can take place... anything more than instant and there goes the doom & gloom propaganda down the drain!

Simply because the catastrophic model used wouldn't work anymore if the slide takes an hour or more to complete.

Even if Cumbre Vieja erupts as it did very recently -- without one of its flanks sliding more than 4 meters; that is, like a house, it settled better on its foundations -- a full slide is not a necessary result.

One can go down very dark rabbit holes with "ifs," but what's the actual reality?

That's what we are attempting to establish in this thread.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

randles (4th October 2011), Ruby L. (4th October 2011), sygh (4th October 2011)

25. Link to Post #673
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

* Edit *

Updating graphs and webcam snapshot for Oct. 4th moved to next page (34).
    Last edited by Hervé; 4th October 2011 at 10:11. Reason: Moved diagrams to next page.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

randles (4th October 2011), sygh (5th October 2011)

27. Link to Post #674
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Always, always, always... follow the @#&%^! money:

Quote When the original research was published in 2001 [two geologists (Day and McGuire) hypothesised that during a future eruption, the western flank of the Cumbre Vieja, with a mass of approximately 1.5 x1015 kg, could slide into the ocean. This could then potentially generate a giant wave which they termed a “megatsunami” around 650–900 m high in the region of the islands], the Spanish press and scientists were heavily critical of the way it was reported. El País noted that the research group was entirely funded by an insurance company, something entirely ignored by the British press.

". it is hypothetical and moreover improbable, and the model would not have passed the stage of an elegant theoretical exercise if the authors had not spent a week publically airing it before publishing it tomorrow in a specialised journal. Why so much interest in publicising it? The explanation perhaps lies in the fact that the research centre is funded by an insurance company, concerned with natural catastrophes ".
    Thanks to Stegosaur for discovering the article the above is excerpted from: http://www.iberianature.com/material/megatsunami.html

Said article where I found I am not alone in my assessment of Cumbre Vieja:

Quote Latest from BBC 29 October 2004
    Tidal wave threat 'over-hyped'
    The risk of a landslide in the Canary Islands causing a tidal wave (tsunami) able to devastate America's east coast is vastly overstated.

That is the view of marine geologists studying ancient landslides in the area.
    In typical Canary Island landslides, chunks of land break off in bits, not in one dramatic plunge, they argue.

This contradicts previous warnings that an Isle of Man-sized chunk of land could fall off the island of La Palma into the sea, causing a mega-tsunami.
    Full article here
    Last edited by Hervé; 4th October 2011 at 11:12. Reason: Added link to Stegosaur post

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (4th October 2011), randles (4th October 2011), Ruby L. (4th October 2011), sandy (4th October 2011), sygh (4th October 2011)

29. Link to Post #675
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

B.t.w. John Moore can be hired as a consultant on disaster prevention. He changed the title from

Global Warming: What The Government Isn't Telling You

to

Planet-x what the Government is not telling you[Guest John Moore.wmv

So maybe he has to make first his own mind up before he tells others what to think ....

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Calz (4th October 2011), Hervé (4th October 2011), randles (4th October 2011), sandy (4th October 2011)

31. Link to Post #676
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Hmmmm... vested interest then...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

randles (4th October 2011), sygh (4th October 2011)

33. Link to Post #677
    Thanks

Good Morning Avalon

It would appear that Pollys shaking energy is on a steady decline as she moves futher South..

This is a header note provided by http://www.02.ign.es/ign/layoutIn/si...ntidad_dias=10 this morning

"As originally recorded earthquakes on the island of El Hierro have had their epicenter in the term Frontera, has continued under this name in order not to change the name of the seismic series, although the nearest coastal municipality the current submarine epicenters is El Pinar".

¤=[Post Update]=¤

"AHI-CC suggests that students can sleep in the Frontier school residence Valverde

DIARIOELHIERRO.ES, writing (10.4.2011. 0700 hours)

The directors of AHI-CC at the Cabildo de El Hierro have filed a motion in which the Corporation proposes El Hierro Frontera students have a place in the school residence Valverde''to avoid the disorder and the increased delay time ''because at the end of the tunnel in Los Roquille, forcing them to raise capital to El Hierro by the former route of the summit, longer stroke.

According to islanders nationalists explain in a note, "after the end of the tunnel by the Los Roquille problems encountered within the same, a fact that has caused since last Thursday, September 29, will remain closed until the date without a certain expectation of when it will proceed with its opening, causing the diversion of vehicular traffic on H1 road known as the Summit, "he explained.

In this sense, AHI-CC proposes to the full that "to avoid the disorder and the increased delay time resident students leading to bachelor's Border and vocational training offered at Valverde, who number approximately 42 users school bus, who daily suffer this setback, with the usual problem of organization for families "are subject to the interest of the families of the border, the possibility of reopening the Valverde dormitory during school days, in order to avoid unnecessary travel by the H1 and the usual time and cost savings for transport users and their families, "they say."

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Hervé (4th October 2011), sygh (4th October 2011)

35. Link to Post #678
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

Thank you Amzer Zo, that was a fantastic lesson. I'd like to see an island being born, wouldn't you? A bit further south, for obvious reasons. With the earth's crust moving above this fixed hot spot, is there anything to be concluded as to distance traveled from the last episode (El Hierro) and the possible new area of venting? What about any involvement coming from our magnetic field, or the influence it would have with its fluxuation?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to sygh For This Post:

randles (4th October 2011)

37. Link to Post #679
    Thanks

DIARIOELHIERRO.ES, writing (10/04/2011)

The island of El Hierro has recorded up to 7:28 GMT (08:28 hours canaria) this Tuesday, October 4 out of 25 earthquakes, two of them felt by the population.

The two tremors perceived by the people of Frontera, El Pinar and La Restinga, of 3.3 and 2.9 magnitude on the scale of Riotcher, there were, the first one at 05:50 GMT (06:58 hours canaria), and the second quake, at 06:05 GMT (07:05 hours canaria), in the El-Mar Julan Las Calmas, and 13 and 14 km deep, respectively. The largest movement of 3.6 magnitude, occurred at 2:10 GMT (3:10 hours canaria), although no records that IGN has been felt.

The rest of recorded earthquakes were located on Tuesday located at a depth of between 14 and 18 kilometers deep and with magnitudes between 1.6 and 3.6 magnitude on the Richter scale.

According to the National Geographic Institute (IGN) collected by DAILY IRON, of the 25 earthquakes recorded on Tuesday in El Hierro, the last to occur was of 1.8 magnitude in the south of the island at a depth of 14 kilometers and at sea."

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Hervé (4th October 2011), sygh (4th October 2011)

39. Link to Post #680
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sygh (here)
    Thank you Amzer Zo, that was a fantastic lesson. I'd like to see an island being born, wouldn't you? A bit further south, for obvious reasons. With the earth's crust moving above this fixed hot spot, is there anything to be concluded as to distance traveled from the last episode (El Hierro) and the possible new area of venting? What about any involvement coming from our magnetic field, or the influence it would have with its fluxuation?
    A southern extension of El Hierro is what is now being expected if the magma ever reaches the surface.

As far as the displacement that occurred since El Hierro formed, I have no idea since Africa and its passive margin has been butting against Europe and started to go underneath it. Form the current activity, it doesn't appear that there has been much migration.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

randles (4th October 2011), sygh (5th October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 144 FirstFirst 1 24 34 44 84 134 144 LastLast