+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 144 FirstFirst 1 11 21 61 111 144 LastLast

Thread: Tirelessly updating Avalon on the El Hierro eruption.

1. Link to Post #201
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: After tirelessly updating Avalon for weeks...it's official, evacuation is in prog

Quote Posted by randles (here)
    I came across THIS about El Hierro and the canary Islands.

STRANGE LANDS DEPARTMENT -

[...]
    The evening's excitement wasn't over for Sergio and Mario. Once back in their car and returning home, they were surprised to encounter a convoy of ten large military container trucks with balloon tires, darkened but for their intermittent hazard lights. The convoy moved slowly, and the onlookers were given the impression that materials of great weight were being carried aboard the sealed vehicles.
    Were these trucks ever seen around before or after that time? Or did they just appear and disappear with their load?
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), Lord Sidious (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011), sygh (25th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #202
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Default Re: After tirelessly updating Avalon for weeks...it's official, evacuation is in prog

I am so glad they stickied this! I was one of the ones following your other thread but it did seem to get lost in the muck! I think about you often and know in my heart that you and your daughter will be fine through all of this. You are on a great adventure and will come out on the other side of it with stories but will be ok.

Thoughts prayers, and positive vibes to you randles. ((((((((randles))))))))
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

randles (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011), tessie999 (24th September 2011)

5. Link to Post #203
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Listing of last 10 days tremors/EQs from IGN:

http://www.02.ign.es/ign/layoutIn/si...ntidad_dias=10

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

randles (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011), tessie999 (24th September 2011)

7. Link to Post #204
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,813 times in 797 posts

Personally I have nothing to confirm that they were sighted before or after...
    But I can for sure keep digging ..

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    I came across THIS about El Hierro and the canary Islands.

STRANGE LANDS DEPARTMENT -

[...]
    The evening's excitement wasn't over for Sergio and Mario. Once back in their car and returning home, they were surprised to encounter a convoy of ten large military container trucks with balloon tires, darkened but for their intermittent hazard lights. The convoy moved slowly, and the onlookers were given the impression that materials of great weight were being carried aboard the sealed vehicles.
    Were these trucks ever seen around before or after that time? Or did they just appear and disappear with their load?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Thank You !!
    I have no feeling of fear of this as it is unfolding, I just feel as if there is more than this than meets the eye.
    But you are right..It is an Adventure..and whats more...I am enjoying the ride..Something GOOD is going to come from this..I don't know what..but I can almost smell it..

Even Roses need alot of Manure to Grow !!
    Quote Posted by nearing (here)
    I am so glad they stickied this! I was one of the ones following your other thread but it did seem to get lost in the muck! I think about you often and know in my heart that you and your daughter will be fine through all of this. You are on a great adventure and will come out on the other side of it with stories but will be ok.

Thoughts prayers, and positive vibes to you randles. ((((((((randles))))))))

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), Hervé (24th September 2011), nearing (24th September 2011), Pamela (25th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011), tessie999 (24th September 2011)

9. Link to Post #205
    Thanks

I know...24 listed... BUT
    If you look at the Siesmos Heirros which is CONNECTED to this site through ign.es..their count is 46 so far for the day...this keeps happening...I can understand a time delay...but I don't understand why all the conflict in figures..

....and if they had NOT extended the Energy graph yesterday to cope with the chart that is STILL CLIMBING...the green snakey thingy would have burst through their graph and eaten up the colourful picture of the Island

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), Hervé (24th September 2011), nearing (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011), tessie999 (24th September 2011)

11. Link to Post #206
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

If you look at the Siesmos Heirros which is CONNECTED to this site through ign.es..their count is 46 so far for the day...this keeps happening...I can understand a time delay...but I don't understand why all the conflict in figures..
    [...]
    ....and if they had NOT extended the Energy graph yesterday to cope with the chart that is STILL CLIMBING...the green snakey thingy would have burst through their graph and eaten up the colourful picture of the Island
    [...]

IGN's listing cuts out anything below 1.5 magnitude whereas El Hierro counts tremors that are below 1.5 magnitude (yellow bars) and below 1.0 magnitude (green bars).

The energy graph is a cumulative one so that any little burst keeps being added to the previous total. What that graph shows is a change in the trend of the accumulation, i.e the slope of the accumulated energy -- steep or shallow. A steeper trend started when that 3.2 EQ happened. However, with the new scaling of the graph that steeper trend is made less obvious than with the previous scale.

Now, if you see an even steeper trend occurring on that graph... keep the engine running, ready to go!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

13. Link to Post #207
    Thanks

Check this out !!

http://www.emergenciaselhierro.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=220:situacion-sismica-anomala-en-el-hierro&catid=114agina-principal&Itemid=53

Emergencias El Hierro has reformatted their WHOLE web page..
    It now contains infomational links for FOR EVACUATION !!!! ADVISORY DESCRIPTIONS OF WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN PRE ERUPTION,...and TIPS ON HOW TO RE ENFORCE ONES PROPERTY GETTING READY FOR THE 'TREMORS'

Do you hear what I hear ???

Looks like things could get a little busy around here,... Obviously the leaflet drop is not deemed working,...
    Hopefully...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), Hervé (24th September 2011), nearing (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011), winnasboy (25th September 2011)

15. Link to Post #208
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Dear randles,

You have layed out many dots to connect regarding what is happening there and my thoughts keep going to "the next programmed false flag event"! Sure hope these are just thoughts arising out of feeling powerless to do anything to help, versus intuition. Thank you for your vigilance in keeping us updated as in checking many news media sites this AM I have yet to see one item reporting any signigicant at all!
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), crosby (24th September 2011), Lord Sidious (24th September 2011), randles (24th September 2011)

17. Link to Post #209
    Thanks

I am learning as I go to !!

http://www.emergenciaselhierro.org/i...230&Itemid=384

RECOMENDACIONES ANTE EL RIESGO DE ERUPCIONES VOLCÁNICAS:
    PELIGROS DE LA ERUPCIÓN

LAVA

Aunque es posible evitar la lava, ésta fluye hasta enfriarse o alcanzar el fondo del valle. El flujo de lava arrasa todo lo que encuentra a su paso.

PROYECTILES

Los proyectiles volcánicos comprenden desde fragmentos del tamaño de un pequeño guijarro hasta grandes rocas y bombas de lava incandescente, y pueden llegar a considerable distancia. La lluvia de ceniza volcánica puede cubrir una zona aún más amplia.
    Mientras permanezca en zonas próximas al volcán protéjase con los cascos duros del tipo utilizado por los trabajadores de la construcción, motociclistas o jinetes. En zonas más alejadas, deberá protegerse de los efectos de las cenizas y de cualquier lluvia que le acompañe.

CENIZA

La ceniza volcánica no es exactamente ceniza, sino rocas pulverizadas expulsadas en una nube de vapor y gases. Abrasiva, irritante y pesada, puede derrumbar los techos de las casas. Ahoga los cereales, bloquea las carreteras y los cursos de agua y,combinada con los gases tóxicos, puede lesionar los pulmones a los niños, los ancianos y aquellas personas con problemas respiratorios. Los gases altamente concentrados, capaces de envenenar a personas sanas, se encuentran sólo en una zona muy próxima al volcán. Pero, cuando el dióxido de azufre de la nube de ceniza se combina con la lluvia, se produce ácido sulfúrico (y, a veces, otros) en concentraciones que pueden quemar la piel, los ojos, y las membranas mucosas. Use gafas protectoras (gafas de esquiador o una mascarilla respiratoria que cubra los ojos, NO gafas de sol). Use un paño mojado que cubra la nariz y la boca, o máscaras industriales antipolvo si dispone de ellas. Al legar al refugio, quítese la ropa, lave completamente la piel que ha estado expuesta y los ojos con agua limpia.

FLUJOS PIRO CLÁSTICOS

Una nube de gas, polvo, cenizas, etc. que puede rodar por la ladera del volcán a una velocidad superior a los 160 km/h. este material es incandescente y se mueve demasiado rápido. La única defensa es protegerse en un refugio sólido y subterráneo. El fenómeno es denominado por los científicos "nube ardiente"..

RECOMENDACIONES ANTE UNA ERUPCIÓN VOLCÁNICA:

No se deje llevar por el pánico y manténgase atento a las instrucciones que dicten las autoridades a través de la radio y la televisión.
    Lleve una radio con pilas y un teléfono movil.
    Aunque la erupción se desarrolle tranquilamente, no se acerque al volcán. El viento puede arrastrar escorias calientes y existe la posibilidad de que se arrojen súbitamente productos sólidos.
    Evite las hondonadas, donde pueden acumularse gases nocivos, incluso después de finalizada la erupción.
    Si es sorprendido por una nube de gases, protéjase con una tela humedecida en agua o, mejor, en una débil solución de amoníaco o vinagre.
    Respete las normas de prohibición de acceso a los sectores declarados peligrosos.
    Utilice las vías de comunicación fijadas por las autoridades.
    No preste atención a rumores alarmistas ni los difunda.
    Si las autoridades deciden establecer la evacuación, prepare rápidamente el equipaje familiar, que puede consistir en ropa de abrigo, documentación y medicamentos personales, alimentos no perecederos para tres días, una radio de transistores y una linterna, limitando el equipaje a lo que pueda transportar a mano cada persona con facilidad de movimientos. Esté atento a las instrucciones, recuerde acurdir a su PUNTO de REUNIÓN establecido.

http://www.emergenciaselhierro.org/i...231&Itemid=385

EN CASO DE AVISO DE EVACUACIÓN RECUERDE

Cuando las autoridades de Protección Civil ordenen una evacuación preventiva, es porque se considera indispensable hacerlo para proteger la vida de los ciudadanos. Para realizar una evacuación segura se debe acatar las instrucciones que den los diferentes responsables de seguridad yemergencias y además es necesario mantenga la calma, asegúrese que todos los componentes de la familia están presentes en el punto de encuentro familiar, acuda al punto de reunión más cercano establecido en el plan insular para iniciar la evacuación y albergue.

En caso de evacuación

Mantenga la calma, evitando las situaciones de miedo y pánico.
    Llame al 1-1-2 en caso de Emergencia o si tiene a su cargo una persona impedida que usted no pueda trasladar hasta el punto de reunión.
    En caso de evacuación, las autoridades establecerán las vías de evacuación más adecuadas y el punto de reunión óptimo para la población. A través de los medios de comunicación le informarán de ello. En todo caso es mejor conocerlas con antelación y conocer el Plan de Emergencias.
    Las instituciones, edificaciones y escuelas deben tener en su plan de autoprotección las recomendaciones relativas al riesgo volcánico.
    Antes de salir de la vivienda no olvide coger su maleta con sus enseres personales y sobre todo, la medicación imprescindible y la documentación personal y de la vivienda
    Desconectar los servicios de electricidad, agua y gas.
    Escuche la radio los informes oficiales sobre la actividad volcánica.
    Evitar acercarse a las zonas consideradas de peligro, los gases pueden ser tóxicos, las cenizas son abrasivas, el viento puede arrastrar escorias calientes y en cualquier momento el volcán puede cambiar su comportamiento.

Acciones a realizar en caso de un escenario de cenizas:

Cuando este cayendo cenizas cierre las puertas, ventanas y toda la ventilación de la casa (chimeneas, calefacción, aires acondicionados, etc.) para evitar que entre en la vivienda.
    No permanezca en áreas descubiertas, evite que los niños salgan a jugar y evitar los ejercicios.
    Tome especial atención a personas con problemas respiratorios o mayores de edad.
    Evite salir y si lo hace para evitar problemas respiratorios utilice mascarillas para polvos, también puede utilizar toallas o pañuelos humedecidos con agua, y pretéjase la vista con gafas de tipo nadador, utilice camisas de manga larga esto reducirá el contacto con la piel.
    En caso de registrarse una abundante caída de cenizas, no conduzca vehículos para evitar accidentes por falta de visibilidad. Si es sorprendido por la lluvia de ceniza dentro del coche. Permanezca en él con las ventanas cerradas.
    Lávese los ojos, la nariz y la cara con suero fisiológico casero añadiendo una cucharadita de sal en un litro de agua hervida.
    Mantenga tapados depósitos y cisternas de agua.
    Evite que las cenizas entren en contacto con los alimentos. Lave bien las frutas y legumbres. No consuma alimentos al aire libre.

http://www.emergenciaselhierro.org/i...229&Itemid=383

MEDIDAS DE PREVENCIÓN ANTE EL RIESGO DE TERREMOTOS

Si se vive en una zona de riesgo de sufrir un terremoto, conviene adoptar una serie de medidas preventivas, tales como:

En relación a la estructura del edificio

Revisar, controlar y reforzar el estado de aquellas partes de las edificaciones que primero se pueden desprender, como chimeneas, aleros o balcones.
    Revisar, asimismo, aquellas instalaciones que pueden romperse: tendido eléctrico, conducciones de agua, gas y saneamientos.

En relación al interior de la vivienda

Extremar las precauciones en cuanto a la colocación y sujeción de algunos objetos que pueden caerse, en especial los pesados y los que pueden romperse como lámparas, espejos, botellas, etc.
    Tener un especial cuidado con la ubicación de los productos tóxicos o inflamables, a fin de evitar que se produzcan fugas o derrames.

MEDIDAS DE AUTOPROTECCIÓN A ADOPTAR DURANTE UN TERREMOTO

Si se produce un terremoto de una cierta intensidad, intente concentrar la atención en evitar riesgos y tenga en cuenta las siguientes recomendaciones:

Si está en el interior de un edificio es importante

Buscar refugio debajo de los dinteles de las puertas o de algún mueble sólido, como mesas o escritorios, o bien, junto a un pilar o pared maestra.
    Mantenerse alejado de ventanas, cristaleras, vitrinas, tabiques y objetos que pueden caerse y llegar a golpearle.
    No utilizar el ascensor, ya que los efectos del terremoto podrían provocar su desplome o quedar atrapado en su interior.
    Utilizar linternas para el alumbrado y evitar el uso de velas, cerillas, o cualquier tipo de llama durante o inmediatamente después del temblor, que puedan provocar una explosión o incendio.

Si la sacudida le sorprende en el exterior es conveniente

Ir hacia un área abierta, alejándose de los edificios dañados. después de un gran terremoto, siguen otros más pequeños denominados réplicas que pueden ser lo suficientemente fuertes como para causar destrozos adicionales.
    Procurar no acercarse ni penetrar en edificios dañados. El peligro mayor por caída de escombros, revestimientos, cristales, etc., está en la vertical de las fachadas.
    Si se está circulando en coche, es aconsejable permanecer dentro del vehículo, así como tener la precaución de alejarse de puentes, postes eléctricos, edificios degradados o zonas de desprendimientos.

Intente responder a las llamadas de ayuda y colaborar con los Servicios intervinientes, pero no acuda a las zonas afectadas sin que lo soliciten las autoridades. Es importante evitar curiosear por las zonas siniestradas; esto es peligroso y además dificultará las labores de rehabilitación.
    RECUERDE

Las medidas de prevención ayudan a reducir el daño que puede derivarse de los desastres.
    En caso de emergencia, conocer algunas pautas de autoprotección, ayuda a tomar decisiones que pueden favorecer tanto su seguridad como la de los demá

p.s. My Landlord has just been around.....He owns most of the 'ladies clubs' here on this Isla...He was 'just asking' if I could pay next months rent early...He is going to South America for a while....

Suerte eh ?? !! ??

Quote Posted by sandy (here)
    Dear randles,

You have layed out many dots to connect regarding what is happening there and my thoughts keep going to "the next programmed false flag event"! Sure hope these are just thoughts arising out of feeling powerless to do anything to help, versus intuition. Thank you for your vigilance in keeping us updated as in checking many news media sites this AM I have yet to see one item reporting any signigicant at all!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to randles For This Post:

sandy (24th September 2011)

19. Link to Post #210
    Thanks

Well what do you know ??? Is somebody eavesdropping out there ??

The graph has now reverted to previous format
    [...]
    [...]

IGN's listing cuts out anything below 1.5 magnitude whereas El Hierro counts tremors that are below 1.5 magnitude (yellow bars) and below 1.0 magnitude (green bars).

The energy graph is a cumulative one so that any little burst keeps being added to the previous total. What that graph shows is a change in the trend of the accumulation, i.e the slope of the accumulated energy -- steep or shallow. A steeper trend started when that 3.2 EQ happened. However, with the new scaling of the graph that steeper trend is made less obvious than with the previous scale.

Now, if you see an even steeper trend occurring on that graph... keep the engine running, ready to go!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Hervé (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011)

21. Link to Post #211
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Well what do you know ??? Is somebody eavesdropping out there ??

The graph has now reverted to previous format

[...]

[/QUOTE]

... and one can clearly see the average/overall trend sharply getting steeper around 20 Sept. That means more energy released with fewer tremors for the 20-24 Sept period. So, keep a corner of your eye on that trend...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), randles (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011)

23. Link to Post #212
    Thanks

3.3 Just Registered... NOW WERE ROCKIN '

Signing off for Today, the count before I sign off for the night is SEVEN THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SIX...
    Phew !!!!!

So long..and thanks for all the fish

Goodnight Avalon

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), Hervé (24th September 2011), Lord Sidious (24th September 2011), Pamela (25th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011)

25. Link to Post #213
    Thanks

Just before I sleep..

At 17.09 this afternoon, AL17 sprung up in the Atlantic from Cape Verde.
    http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/read/in..._read&trid=636

It is currently Active and is at N 11° 0.000, W 26° 42.000...the forecast up until 29 september is that it will turn right and the current forecast position for that day is N 20° 0.000, W 39° 30.000.,,,
    Hopefully it will blow itself out before then..before It heads our way..

Just saying....one to watch.,.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

27. Link to Post #214
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CHIE_2011-09-24_21-22.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	10049

Edit:

The original picture got archived out of reach...

Edit: upgraded to 3.4
    Last edited by Hervé; 25th September 2011 at 02:31.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), Pamela (25th September 2011), randles (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011)

29. Link to Post #215
    Thanks

Cool........... Just such pretty colours
    And would you believe it >>> Not even a curteous blink of recognition coming from RSOE....

Ooooooh what do these tiny Islands have to do to get the information out to the people ...EXPLODE ??
    God bless Avalon..
    Here it is:

¤=[Post Update]=¤

BREAKING NEWS !!
    UPGRADED TO A 3.4
    That should help me to sleep better tonight !!
    3.3 Just Registered... NOW WERE ROCKIN '

Signing off for Today, the count before I sign off for the night is SEVEN THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SIX...
    Phew !!!!!

So long..and thanks for all the fish

Goodnight Avalon

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

Hervé (24th September 2011), Pamela (25th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011)

31. Link to Post #216
    Thanks

I just had to wait for the update on the energy...
    think that they need to extend that graph range again...

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

33. Link to Post #217
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Cool........... Just such pretty colours
    And would you believe it >>> Not even a curteous blink of recognition coming from RSOE....

Ooooooh what do these tiny Islands have to do to get the information out to the people ...EXPLODE ??
    God bless Avalon..
    I read an article not long ago on why the USGS quit issuing alerts for the West US... got their arms twisted not to do so by local businesses as these alerts were driving customers away and wasn't good for business, etc...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

[/COLOR] BREAKING NEWS !!
    UPGRADED TO A 3.4 That should help me to sleep better tonight
    Thanks for the humor randles! Hope you do get some sleep (crosses fingers).

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I just had to wait for the update on the energy...
    think that they need to extend that graph range again...
    See what the energy of a 3.4 does to the graph trend... big jump! (Sorry for the pun)

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Calz (24th September 2011), Lord Sidious (25th September 2011), randles (24th September 2011), sandy (24th September 2011)

35. Link to Post #218
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Made it to RSOE EDIS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-2011-9-24-19h22mn56.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	10048

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

randles (25th September 2011)

37. Link to Post #219
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Keeping looking at that cumulative energy graph, what is also noticeable is that the periods of relative rest (shallower trends) between bursts (sharp steep climb) are getting shorter and shorter... keep that engine warm...

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Lord Sidious (25th September 2011), randles (25th September 2011)

39. Link to Post #220
    United States Avalon Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

to get this out into the news (at least a little bit anyway) I posed a leading question to a local meteorologist who is kind of a big deal in these parts lets see what (if anything) he has to say... sleep well my friend!
    ~a pebble in the water makes a ripple effect,
    every action in this world will bear a consequence...
    if you wade around forever you will surely drown.... ~ RJA

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to White Rabbit For This Post:

Lord Sidious (25th September 2011), randles (25th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 144 FirstFirst 1 11 21 61 111 144 LastLast