Thread: "most executions ever"

1. Link to Post #21
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: "most executions ever"

Quote Posted by firstlook (here)
    Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    The reason that most governments, especially the states and commonwealth of australia don't execute prisoners anymore and the ones that do keep them on death row so long, is that they are so valuable.
    They are assets to be traded as securities.
    You can buy the prisoner bonds through the us district court.
    I had the forms once, but due to a pc crash, I lost em.
    This is also a big issue. Prisons for profits and their push for more laws based on nothing but money is something people need to come to grips with. At least in my country.
    Not just in your corporation, in all of the western corporations.

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 times in 516 posts

Quote Posted by firstlook (here)
    The reason that most governments, especially the states and commonwealth of australia don't execute prisoners anymore and the ones that do keep them on death row so long, is that they are so valuable.
    They are assets to be traded as securities.
    You can buy the prisoner bonds through the us district court.
    I had the forms once, but due to a pc crash, I lost em.
    This is also a big issue. Prisons for profits and their push for more laws based on nothing but money is something people need to come to grips with. At least in my country.
    Not just in your corporation, in all of the western corporations.
    I haven't researched it but I would imagine that is indeed the case.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

3. The Following User Says Thank You to firstlook For This Post:

Lord Sidious (24th September 2011)

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Texas drops special last meal for death row inmates

Quote The hefty last meal ordered but not eaten by an executed Texas inmate brought a complaint from a state senator and the end Thursday to the practice of special menus.
    Sen. John Whitmire, chairman of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee, wrote Thursday that he opposed the practice of providing a last meal of choice to the condemned.
    "It is extremely inappropriate to give a person sentenced to death such a privilege. One which the perpetrator did not provide to their victim," Whitmire wrote.
    The Democrat, who represents Houston and parts of north Harris County, said "enough is enough" after Lawrence Russell Brewer ordered two chicken fried steaks smothered in gravy with sliced onions, a triple-meat bacon cheeseburger, a cheese omelet with other ingredients, a large bowl of fried okra with ketchup, three fajitas, a pint of Blue Bell ice cream and a pound of barbecue with a half-loaf of white bread.
    The meal request also included a slab of peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts, a pizza and three root beers. Brewer declined to eat the last meal Wednesday, said Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman Jason Clark.
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/22/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

panopticon (24th September 2011)

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

Perry is being used to scare the bejesus out of the political center and left. I think he's being put forth to polarize the field and that Jeb Bush is going to be trotted out before the public sometime early next year as a more moderate candidate. Bush Dynasty Part III. Can you imagine??

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Fred259 (24th September 2011), HORIZONS (23rd September 2011), ktlight (24th September 2011), panopticon (24th September 2011), Terra (24th September 2011)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Perry is being used to scare the bejesus out of the political center and left. I think he's being put forth to polarize the field and that Jeb Bush is going to be trotted out before the public sometime early next year as a more moderate candidate. Bush Dynasty Part III. Can you imagine??
    That is a horrendous idea and really makes me almost forget that I am trying to get over my intense dislike of everything Bush clan. Jeb is a snake.

9. Link to Post #26
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Bush Dynasty Part III. Can you imagine??
    OMG. What an effin' nightmare.
    No, i won't.

10. Link to Post #27

i cannot imagine him in office and all i can say is here we go again. thank you for the thread

Nora

we are all related

11. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    What I don't understand is how anyone can look at someone like Rick Perry, who is against abortions--ostensibly because they "believe in the sanctity of life," but then have no problem killing people in prison as legalized state-sanctioned murder, or in foreign countries based on nothing more than the government telling them it is "their patriotic duty" to do so. This ability for a person to justify murder in some cases and not in others when they claim to believe in the sanctity of life--particularly when it is allegedly based on strict religious beliefs--boggles the mind. To me Mr. Perry, and those of his ilk, are hypocrites of the worst kind, so is it really so surprising that he is being groomed to be the next President of the United States?
    Many conservatives who believe in the "sanctity of life" do not find it at all hypocritical to kill certain dangerous people for the greater good of society, to protect others from their evil. Yet they still believe that killing a fetus is murder because a fetus has committed no violent crime.

I find it more hypocritical that many who are against the death penalty often have no hesitation or qualms about killing an unborn baby. Then they have the gall to criticize those who believe in the death penalty for evil acts but not for innocent babies.

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me about anything. I often disagree with myself! I used to be against the death penalty but had an abortion before I knew more about how the soul attaches itself to a fetus and enters it at a fairly early point in the pregnancy. Now I am personally in favor of the death penalty but not in favor of abortions, although I am pro choice for those who wish to kill their unborn babies.

Rick Perry has a lot of things about him that are extremely non appealing to me and he is most assuredly bought and paid for as are probably all politicians. It's always a choice for me of the lesser of the two evils who are running for president. In the next election I would vote for anyone who was running against Obama (if I even vote). Of course I don't think the next President will be a lot better but I can't imagine anyone being worse than Obama. Obama has even surpassed Carter for an innefective and harmful presidency. Bush was pretty bad too but I think Obama is much more dangerous for this country.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

ceetee9 (27th September 2011), Lord Sidious (24th September 2011), panopticon (24th September 2011), Unified Serenity (24th September 2011)

13. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

A little light relief from Andy Borowitz:

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2011/0...perry-elected/

14. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Rick Perry holds the record for most executions ever for a governor, presiding over 235 executions.
    At NBC’s Republican presidential debate in early September, he said he "never struggled" with the thought
    of an innocent person being executed in Texas.
    As of January 2011, 266 people previously convicted of serious crimes in the US had been exonerated by
    DNA evidence since 1989. Almost all of the convictions related to some form of sexual assault and
    approximately 25% involved murder.

Source- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_Project

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenith For This Post:

Lord Sidious (24th September 2011), panopticon (27th September 2011)

16. Link to Post #31
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)
    Just think what this mindset in the White House would do

Quote Rick Perry holds the record for most executions ever for a governor, presiding over 235 executions. At NBC’s Republican presidential debate in early September, he said he "never struggled" with the thought of an innocent person being executed in Texas.

Perry vetoed a bill that would have exonerated the mentally retarded and juveniles from the death penalty. The governor also fought with the Bush Administration on the case of 51 Mexicans placed on death row, and battled with the Obama cabinet and Mexican officials over the status of Humberto Leal Jr., before signing off on his execution in early July.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/1...-texas-inmate/
    Thanks Horizons,

Sorry I just can't get this out of my head:

Rick Perry reminds me of Humphrey B. Bear (Australian Joke) for some Clown in a Suit..!

Americans wonder Why other Countries have 'Little or No Respect' when they continue to 'Serve Up & Support' a talking 'Bobble-Head' like Rick Perry..!

How can ANY Level-Head Human take 'The Talking Puppet' Rick Perry seriously, it really is starting to make my stomach churn, to the point where we should all just roll-over and accept our NWO Serfdom..!

Rick Perry is about as Texas as Janet Napolitano is a former Miss World Contestant..!

Or perhaps its the other way round..? Rick Perry is the former Miss World Contestant & Janet Napolitano is a real Texan..?
    Last edited by jackovesk; 24th September 2011 at 13:32.

17. Link to Post #32
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Jackonugget, you are making the assumption that these people are actually elected.
    With vote rigging going on, you don't know who is who.
    And I wouldn't point the finger at any nation when the leaders of australia have been so bad for so long.

18. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,364 times in 335 posts

Are not all politicians just that.. politicians

g

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gigha For This Post:

Lord Sidious (24th September 2011), NancyV (24th September 2011), panopticon (27th September 2011)

20. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 times in 264 posts

But who are we to decide that he should go to that better place and tear him away from his loved ones before his time here on earth should end? And what about his wife, parents if they are alive, don't know if he had children. I read that he died because he insisted on his innocence and that there was no real proof of his guilt. A white man, apparently, had been released before him in Georgia even though he had admitted to killing. What kind of justice is this? Our govt in Britain (which is also full of 'criminals' of the worst sort by the way) has talked about bringing the death sentence back and I hope to God that this will not happen. After DNA testing became common they discovered that most people who had been murdered by the state in Britain were in fact not guilty, and surprisingly most of those who had even confessed to those murders!!! I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people rotting away in prisons around the world who are nothing but scapegoats (and often they are black) and the real perpetrators of the crimes they are paying for are walking around free.
    Last edited by shamanseeker; 26th September 2011 at 23:50.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Post:

Atlas (2nd June 2016), Lord Sidious (27th September 2011), panopticon (27th September 2011)

22. Link to Post #35
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    Killing is a fact of life and always has been. [...] That's not going to change any time soon here on the 3D earth plane.
    I disagree. "Four countries expunged the death penalty from their law books for good so that today, more than half of all countries in the world have turned their backs on this cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment." (source)

Quote Posted by ktlight (here)
    And it deprives him/her, if the person is truly guilty of the crime, to realise the wrong that has been done, which is the beginning of coming to terms with it.
    Agreed.

Quote Posted by Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj, President of Mongolia, 16 June 2015
    THE FOUNDATION OF JUSTICE IS A RESPECT FOR HUMAN DIGNITY… UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE IS CAPITAL PUNISHMENT ACCEPTABLE
    Period.

(warning - graphic content)
    Last edited by Atlas; 2nd June 2016 at 19:56.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Akasha (2nd June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2