+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Research Examines the Power of a Human Stare

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,352 times in 1,657 posts

Default Research Examines the Power of a Human Stare

Psychiatrist's Research Finds You Really Can Feel a Person's Stare

Noted psychiatrist and author Colin A. Ross, M.D., has published experimental data that supports his scientific hypothesis that the eyes emit energy that can be captured and measured. Dr. Ross' paper, "The Electrophysiological Basis of Evil Eye Belief," is published in the current issue of Anthropology of Consciousness, a journal of the American Anthropological Association.

Hypothesis: The Electrophysiological Basis of Evil Eye Belief

Although nearly everyone has experienced the sense of being stared at only to find that a person or animal really was looking, Western science has long rejected that the human eye can emit any form of energy. Dr. Ross says his findings move "human ocular extramission," which he also refers to as an "eyebeam," from the realm of superstition to science.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

albativo (27th September 2011), Asyloth (24th September 2011), Fred Steeves (24th September 2011), jason4444 (21st January 2012), ktlight (24th September 2011), Libra (24th September 2011), Limor Wolf (24th September 2011), MorgaineFallen (24th September 2011), MorningSong (24th September 2011), seko (24th September 2011), shamanseeker (25th September 2011), tuku (21st February 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Research Examines the Power of a Human Stare

Wow. That is quite amazing. Only the other day, my friend and I were driving through traffic. We're both two single young men and we noticed a rather attractive woman walking on the street. Well, jaws agape we stared from my car. She turned around with a look of disgust on her face. We quickly smiled. She smiled back and kept going on her way as we drove past. My friend asked me " How do people know when people are looking at them?" I replied with a suggestion that it is probably animal instinct, how we are tuned in to perceive when someone maybe watching us, ready to pounce like a stalker. Maybe the best stalkers can mask that? And maybe the reason both my friend and I are single is the fact we are too stupid to conceal our reactions to the opposite sex. She was lovely though. Haha

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Libra For This Post:

Fred Steeves (24th September 2011), ktlight (24th September 2011), Lord Sidious (24th September 2011), MorningSong (24th September 2011), Muzz (24th September 2011), pharoah21 (24th September 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Research Examines the Power of a Human Stare

The alternative science is making giant leaps these days, I think we're experiencing the time when science and spirituality (by spirituality I don't mean religion) finally meet each other.
    The left brain and the right brain finally meet each other.
    The best example of this unification being Quantum Mechanics of course.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Asyloth For This Post:

Muzz (24th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread