+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help For Family

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,000 times in 1,675 posts

Default Re: Help For Family

Since you asked, Risveglio, let me try to describe to you how I’ve managed to deal with some similar situations to yours with complete success. Let me use a situation in my own family as an example. It so happened that my stepfather was a paranoid schizophrenic – though I didn’t work out that he was that until after he had died. Basically, he had some strongly held beliefs that I was a “loser” in certain ways, and a disappointment. The way I got him to change his tune was as follows. Firstly, I made it very clear that there was no chance of my ever agreeing with his view of me, even in part. Moreover, various others who knew me as well as him, including my mother, held a different, and very positive, view of me. So he was wasting everyone’s time even voicing any of his negative beliefs about me. I made that very, very clear to him.

Secondly, with enormous certainty and authority I pointed out that he was missing out on all the joys of having a more positive relationship with me. He was denying all the natural affection that was there between us. I emphasized that that was far more important than what he had been putting his attention on. In the end, it didn’t matter whether he was right or wrong in his critical judgments and accusations towards me. These were trivial things compared to what really mattered underneath everything else. That was the affection. If he had lost touch with that, then he wasn’t living his life rightly, and needed to get back to what was really natural, to putting first things first. That was the only way to get his life right. I insisted that he agree that from then on, when he met me he would give me a hug, and strive to stay with the positivity that came from that. No more unimportant nonsense. Life is all about getting back to feeling good inside.

Amazingly, from that time on he was interested only in hearing more about how I had been successful or done positive things. In retrospect, I would have to say that cured him of his schizophrenia of many years. And all through simply getting him to get back to what’s really important. (Admittedly, that was combined with making it clear to him that nobody other than himself was willing to believe any of his complaints about me.) Keep defusing the complaints by strongly insisting on positive communication only. It works.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 28th September 2011 at 14:36.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Rainbowbrite (28th September 2011), seko (28th September 2011), Sidney (4th October 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,769 times in 746 posts

Lots of love to you and your sister and a big group hug for both of you.

Maybe listening to her may help.

Also having a cat or a dog in the house. Animals are amazing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

Rainbowbrite (28th September 2011), Sidney (4th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Thanks for all the advice. Listening is not really an option, trying to be rational is not really an option. The best I can do from what I can tell is just make sure she is not doing any real harm. Right now it is just a bunch of odd emails to family and friends and some really strange things around the house but nothing that I can be rational about. She is also spending all her money on useless items, luckily she does not have a lot of money, but in the past this has led to theft. As a lot of the great advice on here has stated the only thing I can really control is myself, not letting my temper go. It is very strange but it is not something I have not been through before, it is just this time there is less family around to assist.

6. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Today was a rough one but she said something today during one of our conversations, that she and my brother are yokas? She does a lot of strange things and says words that are so confusing. When I tried to show her what she was doing, I asked her when my sister was coming back and she shook her head and said that she could not be my sister, she is not a women, she is a man and then she walked away mumbling Italian.

Anyway, my sister, when at peace is an amazing person. Very smart and far kinder than I could ever be. She is far more researched when it comes to a lot of the spiritual topics on this forum. She would probably be a better Avalonian(ite) than I am.

Does it make any sense for me to try to read into what she is doing? Anyone know what she may mean by her and my brother being Yokas?
    Last edited by risveglio; 30th September 2011 at 05:29.

7. Link to Post #25
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Quote Posted by Czarek (here)
    restore the gut flora, clear the toxins.

http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html
    http://www.doctor-natasha.com/

Ditto !

and try B Complex vitamins .. Lots of them ! and a Magnesium Suppliment to calm the mind

have a lok at this guys videos ,,, ultimately he is selling suppliments but he does go into great detail on how to beat these illnesses .. as Czarek cleverly points out .. look at the gut .. it may have toxins that are causing her to react this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUWL1o2hSrs&NR=1

All the best with it

N
    Last edited by Nanoo Nanoo; 30th September 2011 at 15:00.

8. Link to Post #26
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)
    Quote Posted by Czarek (here)
    restore the gut flora, clear the toxins.

http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html
    http://www.doctor-natasha.com/

Ditto !

and try B Complex vitamins .. Lots of them ! and a Magnesium Suppliment to calm the mind

have a lok at this guys videos ,,, ultimately he is selling suppliments but he does go into great detail on how to beat these illnesses .. as Czarek cleverly points out .. look at the gut .. it may have toxins that are causing her to react this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUWL1o2hSrs&NR=1

All the best with it

N
    This is great but in the state she is in now, there is no way I can get her to do anything. To take pills, to sleep, to not make weird potions with any liquid she can get her hand on.

9. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,355 times in 1,939 posts

Sending you and yours healing thoughts risveglio////////////////////// My grand son is afflicted with bi-polar disorder since 4 yrs ago and with medication he is doing better and giving my wife and I a wee break. I know it can be unbearable at times. Chin up.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

risveglio (30th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2