+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Understanding Unity through subtraction

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Understanding Unity through subtraction

This is an attempt to comprehend Unity through the subtraction of all known qualities; To mentally reverse the process of 'creation' and division, and re-unite with the One.

To begin, let us consider our current situation. We find ourselves in a universe full of dualities, pluralisms, and share this universe with other self-aware entities, whether or not these all exist as actual, or if they are mere illusions of our own making.
    If we choose, we can deny the existence of everything external and consider it what we wish, after all, nothing can be confirmed or denied.

What we cannot deny is our own existence, or at least, the existence of something, call it consciousness, awareness, the observer or whatever you will. The hows and whys of this existence we can never know, but it is an irrefutable fact that something does exist. We can choose to deny this if we wish, but in doing so we only prove that there exists one who denies!

Now, let us attempt to erase from our consciousness every known quality in the universe. This is of course an impossible task, but for the sake of the excercise let us put forth our best effort.
    No longer does there exist any quality of size, shape, color, sensation, space, time and distance. All matter vanishes from our consciousness, as does our very sense of self.
    At this point you can only acknowledge that there exists something that can comprehend nothing, as there is nothing left to be comprehended.

If that something that comprehends nothing, or the 'observer' is all that remains, then in order to comprehend something it must turn back upon itself, so that the self may comprehend itself. This creates a duality, as the only way for the observer to comprehend itself is by splitting itself and looking back. This first illusiary duality creates the first qualities to be observed; "I am I", "that is that", "I am not that". By looking inward, the ONE comprehends its essential qualities, making them manifest. Perhaps we truly are "thoughts in the mind of God", and perhaps this is what is meant by Maya, the illusion of creation or artificial separation from the ONE.

From my own perspective and experiences I have come to be of the opinion that naught truly exists but the One observer, that which analyzes and is aware of something at any given time. Based on this idea I believe this proposed excercise to be a fully functional model of the initial creative process, albeit infinitely simplified.

Feel free to share your own views in relation to this model.
    Last edited by Solphilos; 28th September 2011 at 17:46.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solphilos For This Post:

letmedanz (28th September 2011), Lord Sidious (28th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread