+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: I Ask that Love and Gratitude be Reinstated on Avalon

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Buck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: I Ask that Love and Gratitude be Reinstated on Avalon

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Agreeing but we are on an investigative/whistle blower forum not on a primarily spiritual forum.
    Yes, this is a community dedicated to discovering the hidden truth of our reality. It is a given (isn't it?) that if your intention is to get to the bottom of things, it will require a vast amount of courage, a willingness and dedication to self actualization (because, after all, as so many of us have stated in a multitude of ways- intention is the sharpest tool in the arsenal), AND willingness to let go of sacred cows. WHATEVER they may be-
    Even if it is an attachment to the endless titillation of conspiracies and dark forces

And so, Chris, - to Darla's point- where exactly do you see this distinction you are drawing regarding conspiracy theories and whistle blowing, and the hidden truth of our reality? Is spirituality (and all Meta-physics), really, a sub-topic of an investigative/ whistleblower forum? Maybe I give all of us too much credit here, but really- can we not see the inherent absurdity of this arbitrary distinction? Because, IF we are truly dedicated to exposing the truth, then inevitably, eventually, this will lead full circle. We must be prepared to explore our own relationship to the desire to seek the truth, and what truth means and what our role is in manifesting or creating the truth. If we are not ready to face this, we are (lets be candid) merely dilettantes, playing at the game of seeking the 'truth'. I would be very sorry to hear that.

And to the other aspect of this thread- the title topic- bringing back L&G- I see as also directly related to the question of what kind of community are we here? I just assumed there was an intention to create a community that is dedicated to "exposing the truth", and in order to support this extraordinary effort, a very high level of tolerance is maintained regarding emotionally charged topics.

The way I see it there are several members of this community who have very strong opinions about the Jews and many other things. I cannot say that is what I find the most attractive quality of my fellow Avalonians, let's just put it that way

I value L&G for her presence and her energy. So she has issues. Who on here doesn't.

I would urge Bill to consider having L&G reinstated. And to Whisky Mystic- It appears to me that this forum, is, in reality, the personal domain of Bill Ryan. It is Bill Ryan who will decide this, either by pro-active involvement or by omission. And Bill strikes me as someone who cares very much what people's opinions and concerns are in this community that he established.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd October 2011 at 08:56. Reason: fix quote'ing

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buck For This Post:

Davidallany (2nd October 2011), ktlight (2nd October 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

i want love and gratitude reinstated also.
    this would be war for me this summation.

funny story about the Palestinians. Remember at close of Old Testament. somehow a Levite finds out the Benjamites are practicing idiolotary. all tribes of Isreal turn on Benjamin. a war of jeoloside. some historics represent on the situation that Benjamin would have escaped using Palestinian transport....as they were still there that time on the coast.
    what eventually happened to Benjamin probably places them high up on structure orders in world politics.
    i think that if Love and Gratitude gave a Pro-Palestinian (i mean, don't some of our posters to show there own fellness, represent themselves as coming from Palestine?, i would have done it, except it was already done) views.....then so what.
    that anything is pro one side whatever. that shows illuminati. sorry boys

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sirac For This Post:

ktlight (2nd October 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,613 times in 21,526 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    The forum has guidelines and these set out the sorts of situation that may result in loosing your posting rights.

I know because I had a hand in writing them. ...

Respect is a substantial theme in those guidelines.
    Good work, John. Thanks. The forum's guidelines have held up well.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Davidallany (2nd October 2011), GCS1103 (2nd October 2011), Limor Wolf (2nd October 2011), pickle (2nd October 2011), PurpleLama (2nd October 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    The forum has guidelines and these set out the sorts of situation that may result in loosing your posting rights.

I know because I had a hand in writing them. ...

Respect is a substantial theme in those guidelines.
    Good work, John. Thanks. The forum's guidelines have held up well.
    Respect is two-way, not one-way.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

PurpleLama (2nd October 2011)

9. Link to Post #45
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Hi Buck
    "And so, Chris, - to Darla's point- where exactly do you see this distinction you are drawing regarding conspiracy theories and whistle blowing, and the hidden truth of our reality? Is spirituality (and all Meta-physics), really, a sub-topic of an investigative/ whistleblower forum? Maybe I give all of us too much credit here, but really- can we not see the inherent absurdity of this arbitrary distinction? Because, IF we are truly dedicated to exposing the truth, then inevitably, eventually, this will lead full circle. We must be prepared to explore our own relationship to the desire to seek the truth, and what truth means and what our role is in manifesting or creating the truth. If we are not ready to face this, we are (lets be candid) merely dilettantes, playing at the game of seeking the 'truth'. I would be very sorry to hear that. "
    End quote

Chris replies.

I agree with what you are saying Burke but can only speak for me.
    I endeavor not to take sides, that does not mean I lack compassion for the people involved in the situation.

There are various levels of spiritual awakening and understanding on the forum and thats as it should be because all contribute in their own way.
    Everybody does the best they can without exception.

Regards Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 2nd October 2011 at 09:51.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

araucaria (2nd October 2011), Davidallany (2nd October 2011), DoubleHelix (2nd October 2011), GCS1103 (2nd October 2011), ktlight (2nd October 2011), Limor Wolf (2nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd October 2011), Muzz (2nd October 2011), pickle (2nd October 2011)

11. Link to Post #46
    Australia Avalon Member DoubleHelix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 times in 438 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)

Chris replies.

I agree with what you are saying Burke but can only speak for me.
    I endeavor not to take sides, that does not mean I lack compassion for the people involved in the situation.

There are various levels of spiritual awakening and understanding on the forum and thats as it should be because all contribute in their own way.
    Everybody does the best they can without exception.

Regards Chris
    Hey Chris,

I really admire your ability to take the high road in every situation. I think we could all learn a thing or two from you.

Cheers

-Jack.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DoubleHelix For This Post:

Davidallany (2nd October 2011), GCS1103 (2nd October 2011), greybeard (2nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd October 2011)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by ktlight (here)

Respect is not two-way either, it is multi-way. In a forum situation, you are always go to tread on someone's toes, no matter how hard you try.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

pickle (2nd October 2011), PurpleLama (2nd October 2011)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote Posted by ktlight (here)

Respect is not two-way either, it is multi-way. In a forum situation, you are always go to tread on someone's toes, no matter how hard you try.
    aracaria, I was trying not to be pedantic, eg. moderators decide and respectfully implement the decision.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

araucaria (2nd October 2011), Davidallany (3rd October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3