+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation

Britain could face widespread power blackouts and be left without critical communication signals for long periods of time, after the earth is hit by a once-in-a-generation “space storm”, Nasa has warned.

Go here for the story :
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...vastation.html

"I don't believe anything Nasa says"
    "If you wanna get laid, go to college"
    "If you want a education, go to a library"

Frank Zappa

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the masters instead seek what they sought.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,735 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation

----------------

From Project Camelot:

Whistleblower testimony:
    An electrical engineer on 2012-2013

http://projectcamelot.org/electrical_engineer.html

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

- There are obviously many things to "worry" about these days. Personally I think there is a lot of "worst case scenarios"
    floating around that we should not take too serious, but it can be wise to prepare for some of them to a certain degree.
    A massive solarflare, or electromagnetic pulse ( EMP ) can destoy sensitive technology like computerchips and harddrives,
    and also the electronic system of a car and other vehicles.
    Valuable digitalized information and material should be burned to DVD (or similar), or the harddrives protected in some way.
    I heard this one described:
    Wrap it (what need protecting, could also be spare parts for your car) in some textile, then in tree layers of aluminumfoil,
    ( I knew that tinfoil would come in handy ...) , pack it in a woollen blanket and place it it a solid metal box.
    The box shold be stored under half a meter of stone or concrete, for instance in a saferoom under the basement floor.
    - It sounds a bit "stoneage" and of course there are other, and maybe simpler methods. ( a simple lead casing ? )
    I don´t even know if that one works. Anybody have some insights to this ?
    I also wonder if flash-memory devices are as exposed as traditional harddrives.
    And of course the computers and other digital equipment will also be affected, so store away some in reserve.
    Related to this, I am thinking of getting an old (pre-electronic) motorbike, but that has many other reasons and perks besides
    Solarflare/EMP-preparation. Of course, if the mentioned scenario should become reality also gasolin will be a problem,
    but with most other "modern" vehicles grounded, there will be plenty of gasoline around to "borrow" for some time.
    On second thought maybe an old dieselengine (that also run on kerosene) is the way to go,
    in this part of the world there is plenty of farms and truckstops ( and marinas ) that store a lot of that stuff.
    A simple mechanical pump with hose should also be part of the gear.
    Well, this is drifting into fiction. Wishing all a safe and happy journey.

- A new tip: (what is put inside) old, defect (or any) microwave-ovens have good shielding for different radiation. (make sense)
    Last edited by noxon medem; 9th July 2010 at 20:38.

5. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

This sounds like the film 2012 scenario. I wonder if the elite have paid millions for a ticket for a seat on one of the arks they have probably built already.

This could also be what they are looking for to pull the internet switch as well.

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Strange..or in these times not so strange

I'm currently reading a trilogy of stories written by Arthur C Clark http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke The author of 2001. The Trilogy is called the Time Odyssey. In the second book called Sunstorm...it describes the same thing, except the sunstorms had been created by an alien race called the Firstborn, (called that because they believe themselves to be an older race then humans, therefor superior) Whats interesting, is the Firstborn's not only dislike us humans, but they also use these eye shaped spheres to watch. It is set in the year 2037 (add the numbers and you get 12 for those who like the numerology of things).
    First book in the trilogy is called Times Eye
    2nd book is called Sunstorm
    3rd is called Firstborn (haven't read it yet)

Soj

+ Reply to Thread