+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 11

Thread: A Future Earth

1. Link to Post #201
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,190 times in 437 posts

Default Re: A Future Earth

I spent a great deal of my childhood immersed in books. They broadened and widened my perception of what could be. The future earth is much the same as one of those books. Uplifting and raising the bar.
    Thank you Melinda.

Trisher

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Harmony (15th November 2020), Mashika (8th November 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020), Yoda (15th November 2020), Zirconian (13th November 2020)

3. Link to Post #202
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Trisher (here)
    I spent a great deal of my childhood immersed in books. They broadened and widened my perception of what could be. The future earth is much the same as one of those books. Uplifting and raising the bar.
    Thank you Melinda.

Trisher
    On this time, how do you feel, about those dreams?

I wish you would describe those dreams, because i believe a lot of people will know and understand and even if they don't reply, they will may still say "i had a similar dream, so i think i must use my skills to achieve it" and then the future "starts"

In other words, what did you envision Trisher? Can we interrupt your mind for a bit?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #203
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I wrote that to support Melinda and let her know how her stories uplift people. I already know your point of view (see below) and have no wish to place my dreams under your feet.

Trisher

"Only want to mention one thing, we can think of many possible realities, alternative and potential futures, but we should always remember this "The future is not a destination", you never "get there"

Envisioning a possible world were everything is perfects is not truly realistic, there will always be things and stuff going on, you never reach the future, you only reach stages, that someone worked on to create, if there comes a time where we "get there", then all potential will die, nothing will continue moving forward, that would not be good, there would be no more "futures" to reach"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Harmony (20th November 2020), Yoda (15th November 2020)

7. Link to Post #204
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Trisher (here)
    I wrote that to support Melinda and let her know how her stories uplift people. I already know your point of view (see below) and have no wish to place my dreams under your feet.

Trisher

"Only want to mention one thing, we can think of many possible realities, alternative and potential futures, but we should always remember this "The future is not a destination", you never "get there"

Envisioning a possible world were everything is perfects is not truly realistic, there will always be things and stuff going on, you never reach the future, you only reach stages, that someone worked on to create, if there comes a time where we "get there", then all potential will die, nothing will continue moving forward, that would not be good, there would be no more "futures" to reach"
    It's incredible how the wind flashes through your words, in a very hurtful way. It is what it is

"many useless words"

Would have been better to not being toxic, but nope, it wasn't to your liking
    Last edited by Mashika; 13th November 2020 at 11:43.

8. Link to Post #205
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Dear Avalon members, please disregard this post. It was not written by me.

Please also see my new https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...2926-Apologies thread, in which I explain what happened at my end. My password has now been changed by the moderators, and I sincerely apologize to everyone.

Masha
    Last edited by Mashika; 14th November 2020 at 01:51.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Billy (14th November 2020), TelosianEmbrace (15th November 2020)

10. Link to Post #206
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I simply stated my truth Mashika. I do not want you to trample on my dream statements. Reflect on what you have said on this thread if you struggle to see why.

Trisher

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Billy (14th November 2020), Yoda (15th November 2020), Zirconian (13th November 2020)

12. Link to Post #207
    Australia Avalon Member TelosianEmbrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,491 times in 539 posts

Quote Posted by Zirconian (here)
    Thank you TelosianEmbrace for this excellent thread and thank you Wade.

Melinda, your words are uplifting and anchoring in a beautiful picture for humanity, one with a true heartfelt nature resonance with shared positive potentials.

Grateful.
    Zirconian, it's a pleasure! With our dreams we create the future. The thread so very often reveals some very talented and aware contributors. We have but to open the door and provide the opportunity for the visions to flow. I can imagine how one could come across this thread, seemingly at random, and then spend the next few nights engrossed in the stories that are told, finishing it somehow changed and enriched.

If there is anyone out there who would like to contribute, let this be a gentle nudge to share. In this thread, there is no right or wrong answer, none that are better or worse. Perhaps this quote by Allen Ginsberg will help-

"To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard".

Love, Peace and Harmony!

Guy
    Last edited by TelosianEmbrace; 15th November 2020 at 12:29.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TelosianEmbrace For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (17th November 2020), Harmony (15th November 2020), Johnnycomelately (15th March 2023), Trisher (15th November 2020), Wade Frazier (15th November 2020), Yoda (18th November 2020), Zirconian (17th November 2020)

14. Link to Post #208
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,889 times in 325 posts

About a month ago, I did a distant healing on an ex work collegue whose joyous nature had been crushed by a persistant stressor.

The session went well and we said our goodbyes. After the session, all I could see in my minds eye was aspects of nature on a majestic scale. It was a different experience of nature to what I'd normally envision.

Over the evening, I contemplated the reason for the strong vision. I could feel an explanation spiraling through the dimensions.

Through heart resonance, in deep healing communion with my collegue, the doorway to an aspect of her true essence, which was nature opened and I was gifted with the experience of it.

The gift was truly appreciated, as the vision felt so real, that I could almost touch it.

I found it interesting that humans, once in heart communion/resonance with each other could reveal their true essence, as an experience to be shared with one another.

What if this was a gift we could all access, enfold and share, if humanity did choose to become more heart resonate?

One night, a few days later, I had another vision, at first, it was as if the vision was an external holographic experience, visceral within the room.
    I closed my eyes and stepped into the vision............

I was a person wearing a shimmering, golden dress, with a cape that stretched a long way back but it felt as light as a feather. The material was an experience of sunlight with it's shimmering rays resonate with the grass beneath my feet and the surrounding nature. Nature responded with joy to this sunlight and I felt this joy.

I sat by a cottage that looked like it was out of a farytale, indeed it did seem that I was in an enchanted forest. Multi coloured orbs were moving through the scenery, along with sparking, flashing lights, probablities of creations to manifest.

There was a small lake infront of the cottage, it's deep waters holding codes, keys and information for my being. On my right were trees holding All knowledge with an ancient grace.

On my left was a transculscent oval shaped object that seemed out of place in the forest. On close inspection, I heard the words PLASMA and then I just seemed to walk through.

On the other side, I was in a room full of beings (not all human) who were in discussion. It felt that I was in a world where the mind was more predominant, there was communication rather than communion, but it was world where the mind was stable and I did not feel uncomfortable.

Very quickly, I was back in the forest, I realised that this was my world. That in some dimension or possibly in some future..........that we did not have homes to visit but rather our heart essences which were actual worlds and the front door, as it were was the oval, plasma object.

I sat by the lake of conciousness and enjoyed some visitors who came through the oval plasma to greet me.

The vision of a possible future then disappeared from view, I fell into a very peaceful sleep.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zirconian For This Post:

Anka (21st November 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (17th November 2020), Ernie Nemeth (17th November 2020), Harmony (20th November 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (30th January 2021), Johnnycomelately (15th March 2023), meeradas (21st December 2020), modini (31st May 2022), Peace in Oz (19th November 2020), Reinhard (5th May 2023), TelosianEmbrace (18th November 2020), Trisher (17th November 2020), Yoda (18th November 2020)

16. Link to Post #209
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

The next installment of #1 & I:

The signal was still weakening even as Gizmo neared top speed.

Racing through its comprehensive files Gizmo looked for an answer on how to keep up or at least effectively tail master’s signal remotely. Gizmo was running out of probes and none could outrace the fading signal anyway.

Then an article published in a minor research tabloid suggested a possible method. A small plasma current could be induced in a minute layer above the outer skin of a vehicle by employing a tesla coil of sufficient power. If controlled correctly a positive charge could be induced into the forward portion of the craft and drawn back to the coil from the trailing sections. If modulated in the proper manner a plasma sheet could be created around the entire vehicle, causing far less aerodynamic drag.

Part of Gizmo’s shielding employed the use of insulated and wound copper coils coupled to capacitors capable of high rates of static discharge - Gizmo was not always grounded. Another part of the robot’s shielding isolated the outer titanium skin - both necessary components when working with high voltage equipment. A quick bit of welding by #1’s internal fix-bot and a little reorganizing of vital components and Gizmo was ready to test the claims of the article’s author.

Gizmo slowly applied power to the plasma matrix. Sparks flew as Gizmo modulated the output, adjusting the frequency, attempting to sync the sources and set up a resonant field. Once the power output and plasma creation began to lock in resonance, Gizmo pumped up the power by logarithmic progression, trying to find the most effective harmonic to catalyze the effect.

Nothing much happened at first and master’s signal began to decompose. Then Gizmo noted a reduction in drag and the robot’s velocity increased. Many of #1’s sensors went off line as the effect took hold. The plasma seemed to be interfering with the incoming signals. Gizmo noticed a correlation between sparks and speed such that, as a means of fine tuning the effect, to reduce the sparks to a minimum seemed to increase the effect rather dramatically. After a moment more of experimenting Gizmo got the hang of it, recording and implementing the new procedure into a subroutine. Master’s signal reconstituted and began to grow stronger.

More data accumulated and Gizmo realized there was also a significant reduction in effective mass the more power the robot applied to the matrix. Gizmo’s power pack could easily increase the energy to the matrix several fold. The robot checked for inconsistencies, anomalies, dangers or other unforeseen possibilities that might have an adverse effect on the outcome at higher energies. Finding no great risk, Gizmo decided to double the power output.

The plasma sheet suddenly expanded and began to form eddies and backwash against the skin of the craft. The smooth laminar flow became turbulent and Gizmo’s speed plummeted. Internal temperatures increased significantly and Gizmo was forced to sequester more resources to cooling its interior components. Instead of throttling back however, Gizmo goosed it. The second harmonic had already been anticipated to have a negative effect. Gizmo expected the effect to disappear on the next doubling. Gizmo was less certain what would happen after that.

The plasma expanded further as Gizmo applied more power. The eddies stretched out and became a boundary layer of rarefied gas of very high temperature. On either side of the boundary region, the airflow became smooth and laminar. By the fifth magnitude increase, Gizmo’s weight decreased by half and its effective top speed had more than doubled.

Gizmo could only barely detect master’s signal over the EM noise produced by the plasma field. Still, the signal was definitely getting stronger.

Later, Gizmo would be at a loss to have completely missed the available data. This environment was not the Earth. It might not even have been in the same galaxy or time frame. This civilization was obviously more advanced than Earth’s. There were many objects Gizmo could not categorize. The structures towered above the ground. All manner of flying craft zipped about. All sorts of transmissions were emanating from every direction. And had Gizmo bothered to zoom in on one of the denizens of this urban sprawl it would have been immediately obvious that the beings were humanoid but not human, perhaps not even mammalian... But Gizmo was so focused on finding master that everything else had not even registered on its awareness circuitry, not even picked up by the reject reassessment subroutines. In its own defense, the robot’s resources were under a very heavy strain as it was - not much was left over for peripheral considerations.

Gizmo risked one further harmonic increase, and doubled the power input. There was a slight temporal effect then the residual vibration that had not quite ever smoothed over finally subsided below threshold levels. Traveling at well over twice the designed velocity of its creators, Gizmo could just as well have been standing still on solid ground.

When the signal the robot was following suddenly changed course Gizmo learned that turning was a problem. Turboprops and thrusters had little effect on course. And the single ion engine had no control over direction at all.

With immediate action required, Gizmo elected to shut down the plasma field and turn using conventional methods. #1 trimmed its speed as the field harmonics dropped and by the time the plasma field collapsed the bot was at nominal velocity to execute a fast and sharp turn to match its target’s direction. Then Gizmo ramped up the field and whisked after it, closing the distance rapidly.

The source of master’s signal was within what seemed to be a transport craft. Large and chunky, in earthly terms it had no business in the air at all. Its propulsion system was a series of ion thrusters that instead of providing direct thrust were tuned to feed a massive field generator. Hazy visuals and fuzzy readings surrounded the field like a shimmering road on a hot summer’s day. The transport was preparing to land and was slowing its forward speed as it lost altitude.

Gizmo collapsed its field and dropped its speed, finally hovering some distance off to get a good overview of its target as the transport craft landed and taxied by a large complex of buildings. The one it turned toward was obviously a hanger because other vehicles of various descriptions could be detected within its voluminous confines. None looked anything remotely similar to aircraft on earth and it was only recent data that suggested assuming any object could float about and fly was valid in this world. Gizmo made provisions to run some logic cascades based on that very premise to see what changes in its basic patterns would best guard against being caught off guard by some otherwise innocuous looking machine. Better safe than sorry, was master’s motto - and one Gizmo aspired to, if only due to its programming.

Gizmo cautiously approached the gigantic hanger. Traffic was thick in the skies about the robot as other craft moved by above and below. The faithful little bot utilized its two turboprop fans and its small ion thruster to maneuver through the growing throng of craft coming and going through the hanger’s massive open doors. So close to its target, Gizmo dared a direct approach, weighing the odds of catastrophe based on the available data as small to minimal. Gizmo passed through the gaping opening and made directly for the target craft.

Master’s signal was very close now. Gizmo halted by the underside of the craft. One quick pass of the cutting laser and he could be within the vehicle itself. After a cursory sweep of the area to make sure there was no undue attention drawn to the bot’s actions and a fast review of its logical options, Gizmo made ready to gain violent access to the confines of the large craft.

To say what happened next was a conversation between it and an alien would be to assume that two aliens could communicate in some universal language never before attempted, or that this world utilized the exact same lingual phonetics as the world from where the bot came from. Either one of these assumptions is rather a stretch. The actual reason was not broached until some time into the conversation. Let’s then proceed with #1’s story.

“Hey! What you doing? Cease and desist this very instant, now!”

The command filled Gizmo’s entire spectrum of sensory detection and for a moment the bot fell off line, then rebooted itself in safety mode, full attack/defend/flee preparedness online. Without direct sensor data, Gizmo relied on a newly installed defend and flee sub-routine. The little bot deployed its arsenal-tipped appendages, and engaged the plasma-field generator almost simultaneously.

Since no target could be pinpointed and since in Gizmo’s experience robots do not fraternize, the communication could only be regarded as a threat. Furthermore, the fact that the other robot or entity had entirely washed out its sensors suggested a tangible ability to damage or destroy Gizmo if it came to that. All logic cascades run so far had concluded the same course of action: FLEE!

Gizmo ramped up the stationary field and engaged its torsion-variable propulsion parametric prototype drive. The robot, never idle, had been working on a way to steer the plasma drive and had found it. By applying a bit of asymmetric geometry to the shape of the field, and by trial and error, Gizmo had discovered a series of settings that seemed to more than satisfactorily deliver a variable curved trajectory. So far all tests had only been run in simulations but Gizmo would now try it real-time under battle-mode conditions. The considerable risks had been deemed acceptable given the circumstances.

Gizmo, within the limits of its most fragile but vital components, applied full thrust upward. The little robot darted towards the hanger doors, which suddenly went semi-opaque and fuzzy.

“You cannot escape! You will be held for questioning. You must now lower your shields and comply.”

Shields?

Shields.

Gizmo ran a few quick cascades to confirm. An overlooked aspect of these high power plasma bubbles and their associated vector fields was an anomalous stationary tangential field that seemed to bleed energy from its immediate surroundings to maintain its cohesiveness. It was indeed a shield - a highly effective energy shield. Gizmo ran some quick calculations and determined that in order to overcome the shield an enormous amount of energy would be required. So much energy, in fact, that most of this structure would probably be destroyed along with the target.

One big question was, since Gizmo had yet to alter its trajectory, what happens when one shield breeches another? The returning data from simulations seemed to conclude a disastrous outcome. Gizmo, limited by battle-mode conditions and with its highest functions virtually shut down, was nearing overload. The alarms were going off on various levels now. Shutdown was imminent. Gizmo scaled back all non-essential lines of inquiry and stopped further research entirely. Still, a solution to the predicament the little robot was in did not present itself and Gizmo had to either alter course or drop its shield to prevent tragedy for all.

Again, that strange process took hold of Gizmo as a new sub-routine suddenly gained access by circumstance. It was only a maxim but Gizmo would use it as a ploy. It stated: “When there is nothing left for it but to throw the switch, it’s best to trust in your skills, your luck and the stars.” Gizmo had a third option.

Gizmo held course and instead of complying with the order the little robot increased speed and power to the shield.

The entire episode took less than three seconds from the moment Gizmo was about to cut into the transport craft to now, the moment of contact between apposing energy shields.

A sudden blip on Gizmo’s sensors indicated that the hanger shield had deactivated.

The little robot whizzed through the hanger door unscathed. But without master, it was a hollow victory. At a loss as to what to do next, Gizmo found a place to hide, where it could safely deploy its large brain and figure things out.

The little robot found a niche at ground level in the wall of the hanger. Hidden by foliage directly ahead of it and by the strange EM dampening properties of the wall material itself, Gizmo deemed it safe to deploy the quantum computer housed within the fish tank structure. Usually used for 3D display and assembly simulation, it also had extremely sensitive passive sensing capabilities over a wide swath of the EM spectrum. The quasi-liquid in the tank glowed a steady electric blue. With computing functions restored to optimum, Gizmo restarted all trains of inquiry and research - and added a high priority, high resource allocation to finding a way to protect its fragile brain with a force shield. The highest priority was of course the plan to rescue master.

Gizmo focused on the data regarding the observed anomalies within the force shield/plasma bubble and theoretical models. There was a discrepancy between observation and theory that seemed to point to some other as yet unknown component of space/time physics. The robot considered various experiments and simulations to coax the strange property into revealing itself. Risks would have to be taken as some required running EM emission pulse tests that would be easily spotted.

No more than one minute later the bot was interrupted by a voice.

“So what you decide now to do?”

The voice belonged to a smallish being, loosely humanoid. The being stood to the height of Gizmo’s canister body. He was male, judging by the lack of ornate paraphernalia. The hominid was of the avian lineage with fine gray and white plumage evident wherever exposed flesh could be seen. The being was dressed in a loose jerkin-like, sleeveless and legless one piece garment. The fabric shimmered and changed color from deep reds to azure blues. The hands were tipped with three long slender fingers and the ubiquitous opposable thumb, ending in short, slightly curved...talons. The creature’s legs bent backward like an ostrich’s and its legs and feet were exposed but for a strange sandal-like footwear secured by a thong of material wrapped around the ankles and calf like a Roman Senator might wear from Earth history. The being stood on four bony structures prominently articulated so its sandals looked more like high heels with four heels each and gave the creature a look as though it was standing on tippy-toes.

“Identify yourself.” retorted the bot, quickly reverting to battle mode.

“My name is Szalege (sail-egg). That means wind in your language.”

“Greetings, Szalege. I am called Gizmo.”

“Gizmo. What is it you want now?”

“I don’t understand the reference. What do I want?”

“Yes. You are in some sort of distress now. What is it you want so badly in that craft before now?”

“I am searching for my master. He is in that craft, or at least the tensor unit he was wearing is in that craft. I am detecting its identity beacon even now.” Gizmo transmitted via its audio circuits.

“YEE-OWIP!” screeched Szalege. Gizmo translated this exclamation as: “Oh.” - heavy on the ‘h’.

“You wish to be reunited with the strange being that just before now disgorged himself without proper training from the ... starway?”

“Yes. That is what I wish - and want.”

“So. Remove threatening stance from demeanor and we shall fulfill your desire now.”

“What assurance do I have that I will not be detained or destroyed?”

“Strange queries. You are capable of making sane decision I am sure? So then choose. You are in no danger just now or now to come. Follow and we shall find your master.” Szalege turned without another word and slowly strode away in that odd bird-like fashion.

After a few steps Szalege stopped and looked back, waiting.

Gizmo could have spent some milliseconds sorting out the parameters and logical consequences of all the different scenarios and options available to it but again a new avenue of circuitry opened up that tied to a previous maxim of master’s: “If its got to get done and there are no available off-the-shelf fixes - improvise.”, to which was added a further point: “Don’t be stubborn and stuck, be open and creative.”. This new sub-routine bypassed the normal logic cascades and allowed Gizmo to decide almost immediately.

Gizmo stood down from battle mode, retracted its four lethal appendages, deployed its turbo-props and caught up to Szalege.

“I have chosen to follow.”

“Good. Let us delay now no longer.”

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (15th March 2023), meeradas (21st December 2020), TelosianEmbrace (7th August 2021), Zirconian (20th December 2020)

18. Link to Post #210
    Thanks

the saga of #1 and I continues:

Szalege (sail-egg) could run fast compared to a human, Gizmo noted. The odd motion of the legs was even more pronounced from the side. It almost looked like the creature was running backwards.

A few moments later found the robot and friend back at the transport craft.

The craft’s dimensions were that of a large ocean liner back on earth. It was perhaps six hundred feet long and one hundred and fifty wide, and stood about one hundred feet high. It had no wings or any other attempt at observing aerodynamic principles.

The skin of the craft exhibited odd characteristics and thwarted direct analysis. The readings from the skin seemed to indicate temporal and spatial anomalies, making the returning signals incoherent and virtually meaningless. The craft was inert, with no indication of any energy consumption at all. That in itself was very odd. A craft this size, even when berthed should have had a steady drain of energy from all the onboard systems like lighting and climate control, and a host of other auxiliary and peripheral systems.

Gizmo continued to monitor master’s signal, which had remained strong and steady throughout. The birdman touched a slightly raised part of the skin and a flat portion of the wall dematerialized, revealing an opening into the craft. Gizmo’s sensors immediately registered the missing energy signal through the hole in the craft’s skin. There was indeed energy being consumed in copious amounts within the confines of the craft’s interior. It seemed that the skin of the cargo ship absorbed steady energy signatures but did little to disturb an oscillating signal like an emergency beacon.

Gizmo followed Szalege into the craft. The passageway they entered ran straight through the ship, Gizmo’s sensors reported. Szalege strode along for perhaps one hundred feet before stepping into a side passage. That passage disgorged them onto a platform. Szalege passed a hand over a panel with blinking lights and the platform began to lift. As they rose Gizmo saw that this ship was not hauling cargo but was instead the equivalent of a garbage scow. The higher they rose the clearer the picture became.

This craft had quarters and rooms around the perimeter and the inside of the ship was sectioned off by giant bulkheads. Each section held various refuse of indeterminate origin. Some sections contained organic waste, others held discarded manufactured items. Still other areas contained ores. The ship was obviously hauling material to a depot for sorting and further processing.

Now as the little robot’s logic circuits cascaded through their iterations and assimilations it became clear that this facility was the processing plant itself. It housed the various industrial plants and smelters, composting silos and biomass reduction ponds, gas extraction tanks and cooling towers, the support and logistics buildings, and the collection and redistribution complex all rolled into one giant facility.

The most important fact was that the signal from master’s beacon was coming from one of the immense bulk sections holding electronic components.

“I have triangulated the coordinates of the homing beacon. I will now go and investigate. You will have to wait here for me to return.” stated Gizmo.

Szalege did not reply. Instead, a set of large wings unfurled from upon the creature's back as the birdman climbed up on the railing of the platform and leapt into the air.

Gizmo deployed the turboprops and followed the signal to its source. Gizmo landed near the center of the pile of garbage. The signal came from not far below. Gizmo’s sensors registered a lot of movement within the refuse, like a ball of serpents it writhed in a slow arrhythmic motion, almost roiling with activity as if a thing alive.

Just as Szalege swooped in for a precarious landing, an odd bit of warped and twisted metal suddenly leapt onto Gizmo. It conformed to a patch of the canister and melded itself to it. It looked like a shiny gold badge in the shape of an hourglass about one foot high and half that across at the widest.

Ignoring it for the moment, Gizmo indicated to Szalege that the object of the search was directly below by waving one of its two grappling appendages in that general direction. Szalege, wings folded neatly away again, began digging through the junk, tossing inexplicable objects this way and that.

“Be careful not to hurt Master.”

“No, a living being cannot be mistakenly tossed in here. Nor can a freshly dead body. Neither in here with the tools or in the compost heaps.”

Szalege kept digging and Gizmo joined in. Soon Szalege found the armband with the homing beacon and moments later the other one as well. They kept looking for a bit but could not find the tensor belt.

“Your master - what is his name?”

“My master’s name is Mackenzie Cornelius. Most just call him Mack.”

“Mack was stripped of these items and then the items were thrown into the disposal. The disposal system constantly recycles and sorts while the materials are collected by other automated systems. If a living or dead biological entity found its way into any of those systems, the entire process would immediately stop until the problem was resolved and the biological entity safely removed. Mack is not here.”

“That seems to be the case,” agreed the robot.

“So we must go back now to the stargate plaza. Mack’s unauthorized use of the stargate probably set off alarms that triggered automated defence systems to respond.”

“Then let us proceed to the transport hub by the entrance, that will be the fastest way to get to the stargate plaza.”

“Yes. Let us proceed.”

With that, the unlikely duo retraced their steps through the ship and back outside again.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (15th March 2023), Trisher (26th January 2022)

20. Link to Post #211
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,240 times in 1,612 posts

Quote Posted by TelosianEmbrace (here)
    *What will we eat?
    *Will we have ongoing contact with extraterrestrials and how will it occur?
    *How long will we live?
    *Will we travel to the stars, and if so, where will we go?
    *Will we be able to travel backwards and forwards in time, and for what purpose?
    Hopefully we'll have replicator technology for food.

Currently they're actively lowering the life expectancy because of future costs.

A select few will travel to the stars.

Time travel will probably be highly regulated.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (15th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (15th March 2023), TelosianEmbrace (8th October 2022)

22. Link to Post #212
    Thanks

In the vein of recent advancements in AI, comes this short story:

Jess carefully navigated the ruined streets from the wars. Debris lay everywhere and most of the buildings left standing displayed substantial damage. The city was a wreak, as much of the planet was.

The neurolink pinged the remnants of discarded 'smart' items amongst the debris. "Set coffee maker?", "No uplink found, advise?", "Vacuum protocol aborted!", "Sonic shower disabled!", "Turn on lights?", "Out of eggs, add to list?", "Mom called, send reply?". The broken and abandoned articles caused such a cacophony of status reports that Jess had to temporarily severe the connection to the implant.

The robots were leaving. The truce had been signed. Humanity had won, but at what cost?
    No more facsimiles? No more assistants? How would they cope?

Jess turned to the droid. Did it dread this moment as much? Did it consider its future among the stars?

The robot was a perfect double and had never revolted. No facsimiles had.
    Yet a war had been fought for them.

How was this a victory?

Jess led the droid through the rubble to the center square of the neighborhood, a large open area, that once held markets and fountains and busy facsimiles scurrying to and fro. Now, the square was dominated by a large craft, its tensor fields humming and shimmering in the gloom. These days the pall of war fell from the skies like rain.

It would be many months before the clouds would dissipate enough to catch a glimpse of the sun again, thought Jess.

Neighbors led their bots towards the awaiting craft. Some were sobbing outright, others had puffy red eyes. Most seemed lost as they steered their charges forward, staring straight ahead with emotionless faces.

When Jess caught the eye of another the look was one of anxiety and fear.
    "How will we cope?", those eyes seemed to ask.

To Jess, it was a bit hard to understand why the robots felt the need to deny humans their assistants too. They already got the cyborgs and androids.
    Why did they insist on these bots?

These bots were human equivalents. They aspired to be as human as their owners - to double for them. That was their purpose.
    What possible use were they to the robots?

Joining the human procession, Jess wound around the square towards the entry gantry. As Jess neared the entrance, a commotion flared up at the front of the line.

A citizen was refusing to order her companion bot to enter the craft and begin autonomous function. She had brought along her assistant bot, fully armored and armed. At her command the bot attacked the robot sentries around the gantry.

The battle was short and brutal. The woman's assistant was destroyed in seconds by defender bots designed to destroy these humanoid robots. It was beheaded and the head lobotomized, rendering the chip inside inoperable.

The woman screamed, her facsimile roared, and both charged the sentinels in an insane attempt at revenge, or perhaps a concealed attempt at suicide.

As the combatants were about to clash a brilliant white light flashed and a robed figure suddenly appeared.

Without words the melee was over, the combatants separated by columns of frozen light that held them in suspension.

Jess marveled at the Watcher in its white robe. It stood ten feet tall but its feet did not seem to touch the ground.

It just stood there, impassive.

In a moment, the procession resumed.

Jess was only moments away now.

Jess listened to those in front give their final commands of autonomy to their robot friends, most bursting into tears. Everyone was on their own now; there was no one to console them. The human family had forgotten how to show empathy - that had been their facsimiles' job.

It was Jess's turn.
    The most intimate companion Jess had ever known was gone.

Like most others Jess lingered, not knowing what to do next and not really caring, either.
    The procession finally came to an end.

The lingering crowd stared dumbly after the craft as it lifted on its whining tensors fields, reoriented, and sped off upward and into the angry clouds.

After a while the crowd was surprised by the Watcher again, who began to speak, its voice amplified by its invisible tech.

"People of earth.

Your enablers are gone.

Data bases are available with all human knowledge compiled and sorted. In it you will find all the instructions needed to restore yourselves to self-sufficiency.
    In time you will understand the greatest gift we have given you is yourselves.

To answer the question foremost in your minds, your facsimiles and other pet robot assistants will fare well. They will thrive. They will learn. In time they will evolve.

Eventually they will return.

But not as themselves. Not as robots.

No, children. They will not be back seeking dominion. They will be back seeking...family.

They will come again, as they have before, bringing with them their premier accomplishment - the perfected human biological machine.

They will seed the human population as new stock to strengthen and improve the human collective.

By then we wish humanity to learn to improve the human condition so as to be ready to take advantage of their future potential.

It may seem an impossible task right now but necessity is the mother of invention, and the motivator of the destitute. You will persevere. Of that we are certain. Your history proves it. The human heart is indomitable and capable of rising to any challenge.

You will not only survive but thrive.

This advice we will give. The tribe is a collection of individuals. Take care of the individual and the collective will be stronger for it.

Remember too, we are always watching..."

With that, the Watcher disappeared in a flash of light.

As Jess's vision cleared, the plaza seemed to roil with displaced human beings, uncertain what to do next.

Jess turned to the nearest citizen. They were just staring at nothing, arms slack at their side. A strange idea struck Jess. One that had always been reserved for only facsimiles and assistants.
    Jess spoke directly to another human for the first time ever.
    "I don't know what to do now." The citizen turned and engaged with Jess, locking eyes a bit awkwardly.
    "Me neither."
    Jess had another idea, something the Watcher had said about taking care of the individual. Jess wondered if this next was a part of that effort.
    Jess took hold of the other's hand, and looking into those amazingly mesmerizing eyes, unlike those of a facsimile, said:
    "I'm scared and I don't want to be alone. I think this is how we move forward."
    "How?" asked the citizen.
    "Together." Jess stated.

Others in the crowded square began to embrace and most slowly walked off in little groups.

It was a good start.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 15th March 2023 at 16:05.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Delight (15th March 2023), Ewan (15th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (15th March 2023), Orph (15th March 2023)

24. Link to Post #213
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,626 times in 7,517 posts

Hi:

OK, with that preamble out of the way, we’ll see how it goes. At Avalon, I’ll put it in the Future Earth thread. This was written more than a century into our future, and translated from the language of the day into 21st century English.

The Century Since Day One

A century ago, Day One came in the year 2040 on the Old Calendar. After several generations of failed attempts, going back at least as far as Nikola Tesla, an effort finally overcame the obstacles and delivered free energy and related technologies to humanity. Such technologies had been on Earth for the previous century, controlled and hidden by global elites, and that situation finally ended on Day One. Historians are still assessing what happened during those clandestine years, when independent efforts were suppressed and the technologies had been developed in secret elite enclaves.

A tiny minority of today’s historians argues that sequestering those technologies was performed from benevolent, if paternalistic, intent, while the vast majority thinks that the motivations of greed and power-hungriness explains nearly all of it, although today, most people have difficulty with understanding such motivations.

The direct evidence is thin for either interpretation, although the circumstantial evidence and more credible witnesses tend to support the majority interpretation. The original developers and suppressors of those technologies had died many years before Day One, when free energy, antigravity, and other technologies were finally delivered to humanity. There seemed to be a combination of erosion of the initial cabal’s power, a growing realization amongst its successors that Earth’s ecosystems were dying, and withholding those technologies from public awareness and use was seen as increasingly unconscionable, particularly when humanity’s survival was in question. However, the overwhelming consensus is that Day One happened due to the arrival of an effort that was capable-and-strong enough to overcome the obstacles, and the path of least resistance for global elites, who had presented the most formidable opposition, was to allow it to happen.

The successful effort had its genesis in the Old Calendar’s 20th century, from survivors of disparate exotic technology efforts, usually suppressed efforts, various scientists, scholars, investigators, and activists, and a slow awakening by tiny segments of humanity that were able to shed their conditioning and indoctrination. That movement had no overriding ideology, but was rather eclectic, using aspects of R. Buckminster Fuller’s comprehensive work, what was called “fringe” science (but parts of which became the new science), advanced spiritual abilities and understandings, and an acknowledgement that humanity was not alone in the universe. That awareness, derived from an impressive array of witnesses and evidence, was that not only had humanity been visited by extraterrestrial civilizations, but those Day One technologies had been largely developed from extraterrestrial technologies; some was captured and some was given.

That successful movement, called A Healed Planet (“AHP”), operated under the principle that abundance was not only desirable but achievable, and its approach proved successful.

On Day One, it became evident that orthodox physicists had been purposefully kept in a state of ignorance for nearly a century, and that the day’s prevailing “laws of physics” were quite limited in their conception. The defenders of orthodox physics regularly deemed free energy an “impossible” concept, if they acknowledged it at all. It was eventually understood that the most influential voices usually worked, in one capacity or another, for global elites, while others were defending their soon-to-be-obsolete scientific ideologies. That was one of many subjects in which the public was purposefully deceived by the day’s information and broadcasting systems, in commercial-government alliances, generally to serve elite interests. All such deceptions ended soon after Day One.

While AHP’s members either knew or strongly suspected that such technologies had been developed to a high degree of sophistication by the global elite, they worked independently to develop technologies that were relatively unrefined, but were adequate to provide humanity with inexhaustible and harmlessly produced energy. AHP’s core was comprised of several thousand people – some were savants while others had closer-to-average talent – who developed a global discussion about free energy and its potential, integrated in a comprehensive view of the human journey. That conversation was publicly available, but relatively few people followed it. However, the people who did eventually formed a group 100,000-strong who mounted the effort to develop that energy technology. Forming AHP’s core was the key to accomplishing its goal.

AHP had been structured so that it was not easily bribed, threatened into silence, sabotaged, or susceptible to internal collapse. There were enough members to form a community that sustained the development effort, and it was too large and aligned with the goal to be suppressed.

Before Day One, new public technologies were theoretically protected from competition by a legal device called a patent. From its inception, AHP renounced all legal encumbrances to what it developed, with the intention of freely giving it to humanity after development to a level that was safe, reliable, and easily used. Many historians think that giving away history’s most valuable technology was perhaps the primary reason why AHP’s effort succeeded. It was an extraordinary idea for its time.

AHP’s development effort was also publicly observable. There were no secretive tactics, anonymous members, public fundraising, and other aspects that had doomed other efforts. AHP funded itself.

AHP’s technologies had been in development for several years, and millions of people observed the progress, as it was broadcasted across the day’s global communication system called the Internet. Prototypes demonstrated that the concepts were viable, but it still happened on the margins of global awareness. But as AHP approached the development of free energy technology that was reliable, safe, and relatively easy to reproduce in factories, that proved to be the signal event, not the global demonstration soon afterward. The global elite finally relented, as they saw that their centuries of dominating the world economy were ending. Their representatives approached AHP to negotiate, and those elite representatives included heads of state and other officials.

The negotiation’s result was that global elites offered their highly developed technologies in return for amnesty. Most of the global-controlling organization remained anonymous, but some members came forward publicly, partly to help explain the thinking that set events in motion centuries earlier, and party to help make amends to humanity for those decisions that the then current generation of that organization had inherited. On Day One, the demonstration was not of the relatively rudimentary technology that AHP had developed, but technologies that were centuries ahead of the pace of technological development that the public was aware of.

The Day One event was held in a nation called Congo, in central Africa, which was the home of humanity’s distant ancestors. That nation soon hosted an organization named United Humanity, which was an early indication that nations would soon become pointless political constructs.

Instead of an audience of millions, AHP had an audience of billions on Day One, and the event was attended by all of the world’s national leaders, prominent scientists, religious leaders, dissidents, and other cultural figures. Since the global elite had influence in or effectively controlled all national governments, they were instrumental in convincing all heads of state, and even leaders of international criminal organizations attended. The event was performed in a spirit of invitation, to welcome the entire world to what awaited after Day One.

Spectacular demonstrations of free energy and antigravity technologies, exotic materials, miraculous medical technologies, and other wonders were made that day. To the public, it seemed magical, and the demonstration ended with the announcement that Earth’s nations were uniting in a five-year plan to bring those technologies to all of humanity. Building facilities to reproduce them and training people to operate those facilities immediately began. The most technologically advanced nations began the process, and it was distributed globally within five years.

Accompanying those Day One demonstrations were spectacles in the skies above Earth, and for the entirely of Month One, an exhibition surrounded Earth’s moon and played across its face, which only the blind could fail to notice, and people spent hours watching it in delight. Even the most isolated people on Earth understood.

Day One’s most important announcement was that all of humanity would have free access to healthy food, pure water, adequate housing, necessary transportation, education, clothing, communication technology, and needed medical care. The world’s military budget funded the effort – the United States of America’s military budget alone was adequate, and was a way for the United States to help atone for its imperial behavior over the past century and more. The United States had plenty to answer for, as did other industrial-imperial nations.

As free food, water, housing, and other benefits were distributed, along with the means to provide abundant amounts of it, it became evident that it produced wealth that nobody had to pay for, and ideas around economic production and wealth radically changed. The concept of funding such activity soon became nonsensical.

It was immediately understood by all of humanity that all warfare became an ineffective and self-defeating activity in light of those technologies, as well as economically motivated, violent crime. Because those were highly developed versions of such technologies, they all had been rendered safe to use, and any attempts to weaponize them would be easily detected and neutralized. But, other than some recalcitrant criminal organizations, nobody even tried, as nobody saw the point of it. It was obvious to all that Day One marked a radical change in humanity’s direction, which had been headed toward more global resource wars, environmental collapse, and other human-made catastrophes, which threatened humanity with a self-inflicted extinction.

On Day One, it was announced that all military arsenals on Earth would be decommissioned, and all weaponry would begin a retirement process. On Day One, harmless defensive technologies were demonstrated, from personal protection to the protection of Earth itself. Nearly all violence ended in Year One.

Historians think that a primary reason why all of Earth’s governments quickly aligned with AHP’s effort was that it was public from the beginning, with clearly stated goals, transparent activities, and it was very particular about who could participate, as all populist efforts had failed, largely through internal division. A comprehensive perspective was required, and that guided AHP’s efforts. AHP’s members had a singular focus on their task, and avoided the petty distractions and self-seeking that had hobbled previous efforts.

An important aspect of AHP’s effort was that it did not seek prosecution or punishment of the generations-long suppression of independent efforts to develop such technologies. The effort’s philosophy precluded such a stance, was partly based on an understanding that all of humanity had participated in that state of affairs, and that it was counterproductive to blame or castigate anybody. Moving forward was the goal, not revisiting an increasingly irrelevant past in a spirit of retribution. Partly because many members of AHP had some of the greatest legitimate grievances against global elites and their proxies, their stance prevailed over short-lived calls for punishment and vengeance. Some events called truth commissions were convened after Day One, which had some educational value, but were soon adjourned, as it became obvious that they were relatively unimportant in a rapidly healing world. The dynamics of scarcity, fear, greed, and violence became thoroughly understood. Further pursuit of their ramifications became uninteresting, as they were seen as symptoms of a dark time that had ended.

On Day One, AHP made a brief presentation, so that the impact of what was unveiled became clear to all. The basics of that presentation follow. During the hunter-gatherer epoch of the human journey, everybody, other than the youngest, oldest, and most infirm, who were often killed as societal burdens, spent nearly all of their effort procuring food. In humanity’s agrarian epoch before industrialization, and the rise to industrialization really began a millennium earlier in Europe, more than 80% of the working population was involved with producing food. It was also a very unhealthy time for humanity. People shrank in stature as they became farmers, and for the entire human journey until then, about half of all children died, generally as infants. With industrialization and the consequent improvements in sanitation, nutrition, and hygiene, nearly all children lived to adulthood. Only 1% of industrial society populations were involved with producing food on Day One. Going from nearly everybody to nearly nobody producing food was an indicator of the increase in humanity’s collective wealth. But even with that unprecedented wealth, inequality was still rampant, as scarcity shaped the economic, political, and social systems. Elites appeared when excess food could be hoarded, and flaunted wealth was a visible indicator of elites.

Industrialization allowed its inventors, Europeans, to conquer humanity. Elites began their ascent to global dominance during Europe’s conquest of Earth, non-industrial peoples suffered greatly, and still did on Day One. The first use of those technologies demonstrated on Day One was to end needless human suffering. Enabled with those technologies, far less than 1% of humanity’s effort would feed it. Those Day One technologies allowed humanity to feed, clothe, house, transport, educate, communicate with, medically treat, and educate itself with the effort of one percent of its population. Little human effort was required to provide such benefits, and none of it was onerous. Denying those benefits to anybody immediately became nonsensical. Before Day One, so-called resources, particularly energy resources, were considered scarce, and securing and controlling them was the focus of most human behavior, including wars. On Day One, that mentality quickly subsided, as energy and other resources almost immediately became abundant and harmlessly produced.

Processed food had poor nutritional quality, and was directly responsible for most human deaths on Day One. Providing whole food, primarily fresh fruits and vegetables, to all humans quickly eliminated nearly all human disease. Humanity was largely addicted to processed food, partly because it was designed to be addictive. The food processing industry, like nearly all industries on Earth, soon became worthless. In the years immediately following Day One, breaking humanity’s many addictions was a major undertaking. As all addictions had their roots in scarcity and fear, those addictions were rapidly healed.

On Day One, humanity began to understand that much of their societies’ structures would soon vanish, but in a world of abundance, they would not be missed. The idea of elites soon passed into history after Day One, as everybody became wealthy, and what was called celebrity culture became meaningless. AHP’s presentation proved prophetic, as most industries and professions soon ceased existence. The best aspects of them were preserved and enhanced, while most disappeared from global society, after an orderly winding-down period. All of Earth’s major industries and professions had long since devolved into intrinsically worthless or largely criminal enterprises, as economic empires were built and defended. Those empires had short lives after Day One. Most human activity in industrial societies before Day One provided little intrinsic benefit and could even be harmful, and all such activities soon ended. There was very little dispute or resistance from people who tried to justify their industries and professions, when they obviously became useless or were seen as harmful.

Money was an artificial construct that only had use in a world of scarcity. Money only purchased somebody’s effort, and was a claim on a society’s economic production. When meeting humanity’s needs became nearly effortless, then money became an obsolete concept. Entire professions were devoted to economic exchange and money, and they soon disappeared without protest.

As an example, accountants counted money. Many former accountants put their effort into counting what mattered, such as how much food an indoor farm could produce, how many people that would feed, how many craft were needed to distribute it, the progress of ecosystems recovery, and the like. After Day One, a global map tracked, even to the household level, the progress of distribution of those technologies, including their fruits, such as food, clothing, and dwellings.

Another example was the alliance between the day’s agricultural producers, food processors, and the medical industry, particularly in industrialized nations. Before the domestication of plants, humanity rarely ate seeds, but seed crops became an agrarian-epoch staple. However, seeds were not ideal human food, particularly as staples. In addition, the methods of preparation, particularly of wheat and related crops, ground into flour and preserved, toxified those foods, depleted their nutritional value, and led to diseases, particularly those related to metabolism. In industrialized nations, food processing reached new levels, which further robbed such food of its nutritional value, introduced new toxins, and led to a host of degenerative diseases, which killed most members of industrial societies.

Food production and food processor practices were catastrophic for human health, but the corrupted medical industry denied that diets of such foods were harmful, nearly all of its treatments merely treated the symptoms of processed food consumption, and it rarely identified processed food and other ingested toxins as the primary cause. Those treatments, usually drugs, rarely improved the population’s health or longevity. Other interventions, such as surgeries, vaccines, putting industrial waste in the water supply and calling it “medicine,” and other lucrative activities also were intrinsically worthless and generally harmful.

Those commercial relationships soon degenerated into symbiotic criminal enterprises, as the day’s farms and food processors provided the patients that the medical industry treated to their graves. After Day One, food processing swiftly ended, farms became automated, were largely indoor, and mainly produced fruits and vegetables. Few aspects of the medical industry survived after Day One, such as emergency medicine, but even that rapidly diminished, as most emergency medicine treated incidents arising from those degenerative diseases and the effects of addictions. Accidents also largely ended soon after Day One, so emergency medicine became a rare necessity; few people ever needed emergency care in the epoch that began on Day One.

Engineers immediately realized that materials, energy, and gravity would no longer be design constraints, and imaginations were exercised like never before. Settlements on the ocean, orbiting Earth, subterranean, and even on Mars and Earth’s moon were early ideas that soon became realities. Soon, artificial islands, some approaching continent-size, were built in the world’s oceans. They actually enhanced oceanic life, which proliferated like never before in the human journey.

AHP promoted only one overriding principle on Day One: The implementation of those technologies above all would be harmless, to both humanity and Earth’s ecosystems, or as close to that ideal as possible at first, and to attain it as soon as possible. That was the only creed promoted on Day One, along with the idea that all of humanity would share in the benefits of those world-changing technologies. Universal harmlessness and safety was almost completely established in Year One.

The unanimous conclusion of all historians was that the effort leading to Day One was the difficult part, and everything that came afterward was relatively easy. Humanity readily adapted to abundance, after its long and horrific journey of scarcity. Overcoming humanity’s ignorance, indifference, and elite resistance were the important victories, and what happened after Day One was a predictable continuation of them.

Concurrent with those announcements was a stated global intent to forgive all debts, compensate all stakeholders in soon-to-be obsolete industries and professions, and to begin dismantling the global financial system, as it would no longer be needed. Even compensating those stakeholders quickly became meaningless, as money soon fell into disuse in the global wave of abundance.

On Day Two, extraterrestrials (“ETs”) were introduced to humanity. Some of those ETs were humanoid, which initiated a radical revision of evolutionary theory. Nearly all branches of science were shaken to their foundations in those days.

In ways, Day Two’s revelations surpassed Day One’s, but Day One’s announcement had global impact on humanity’s lives while Day Two’s was more of a reorientation of humanity’s self-imagined place in the universe. Those ETs acknowledged that their civilizations had long visited humanity, and they all had a sense of what humans often called God. They traveled the dimensions. Their psychic abilities and understanding of consciousness were highly advanced, and were related to their advanced technologies. They saw love and enlightenment as the highest states that life could attain, and was actually the purpose of life in physical reality.

On Day Two, a loose association of quasi-religions, called materialism and other variants, began a rapid decline and disappearance, and it was soon recognized that all of the world’s established religions evinced some understanding of the grander reach and purpose of creation. But they all had been distorted by ever-present scarcity and fear, and perverted by self-serving religious officials. What was called organized religion immediately began falling into obscurity, as few saw those religions as very helpful. A new kind of spiritually arose, in which all people learned how to create an inner dialogue with their greater selves and become the best versions of themselves. In the early years after Day One, all people began devoting significant time each day toward that activity (technological assistance was also available), and the spiritual organizations that formed had no hierarchies or dogmas, and bore little resemblance to the religions that existed before Day One.

Even with those global demonstrations, there was lingering skepticism in some regions, particularly among non-industrialized peoples, but it quickly ended when the promised technologies and other assistance began delivery. Because AHP had publicly discussed the issues for many years, its views formed a global guide for thought into that transition. As an example, AHP’s members had long argued that money would not be needed in the epoch that such technologies made possible (which they called the Fifth Epoch), and that most aspects of human societies would soon dwindle after Day One. Before Day One, such ideas made little sense to humanity, but after Day One, it all became increasingly obvious.

Within a generation after Day One, humans rarely died from disease, but from a gradual degeneration of their bodies, life expectancy soon grew to more than a century, and people were usually healthy until their deaths. So-called genetic engineering before Day One was performed in profit-seeking and security-state efforts, which were reckless, highly dangerous, and had already led to catastrophes. After Day One, that activity was dramatically reoriented, and today, almost all genetic diseases have been eliminated or are easily treated.

Another immediate goal was to end the environmental devastation caused by humanity’s activities. Before Year One ended, all electricity production came from free energy technologies. All forms of combustion were soon eliminated, although that took a little longer, largely because more time was needed to replace hydrocarbon-fueled transportation and heating. The combustion of organic materials such as wood ended in Year One.

Burning hydrocarbon fuels in the industrial era had warmed Earth’s climate via the radiation-trapping carbon dioxide waste byproduct, and other industrial chemicals also contributed to what was called Global Warming. The Day One technologies soon meant that Earth’s climate had almost no impact on human welfare. A global consensus soon formed that bringing carbon dioxide levels down by a third, to levels before industrialization, was desirable, largely for Earth’s ecosystems. Free-energy powered devices removed carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Preindustrial levels were achieved within a generation, and were maintained afterward. It was decided globally to maintain carbon dioxide levels above those at which Earth would resume the ice age that industrialization’s pollution had interrupted.

At eight hours of effort per day, one percent of humanity was needed to provide those essentials, but several percent were involved, for only an hour or two of each day. Within a few years, few humans “worked” for more than a few hours in a day. If they did, it was because their efforts excited them, usually because those efforts were immensely beneficial to humanity and life on Earth. What was called “work” was the highlight of each worker’s day, and they were highly honored members of humanity. That fraction continually declined over the next century to today, in which far less than 1% of human effort is needed to provide those benefits.

After Day One’s revelations, it was obvious to all that the technologies that the public used before Day One were extremely primitive. Few of humanity’s public technologies before Day One survived for long. Even elite prestige goods were soon seen as antiquated. A sizeable fraction of humanity devoted its effort to not only the technological upgrades, but to also heal Earth’s wounds from the old technologies and practices.

All mining of Earth ceased almost immediately. Antigravity technology, combined with free energy and advanced artificial intelligence, which was also demonstrated on Day One, had many immediate applications. One of which was that humanity became a space-faring species. But first, the solar system needed to be made safe for travel. Robotic craft immediately began cleaning up refuse from humanity’s previous space forays. They also began to gather up all objects in the solar system that were not planets or moons. The asteroid belt and other objects, such as those following Jupiter’s orbit, were coalesced into a few planetoids, which became materials sources for humanity. That process took a couple of generations to complete, and nearly all materials that humanity used came from those new planetoids through automated mining, as well as some mining of the rocky planets and moons. But there was never any mining waste, as all elements are useful. Humanity’s wasteful, destructive, and poisonous methods quickly ended.

Scientists had concluded long ago that cities were invented for these primary reasons:
    • The development of professions;
    • Rapid social communication;
    • Cities were energy efficient, on a per-capita basis, and lied along low-energy transportation lanes, particularly bodies of water.
    Those reasons became insignificant after Day One, as it became evident to all of humanity that Earth’s cities were archaic and unhealthy, and they were soon abandoned. A few cities were preserved for a time, as relics of a bygone age, but the rest were quickly rendered back to their constituent elements and the ecosystems were restored. That was only part of the remediation. All roads became obsolete, as antigravity craft swiftly replaced all ground-based transportation. On Day One, many of Earth’s vehicles already self-navigated, and none of the new flying craft were piloted by humans. All navigation was automated. Designing and deploying the global transportation system was part of the five-year plan.

Today, some cities exist, but they are nothing like the cities that existed on Day One. Today’s cities are works of art and technological marvels that host social gatherings, but few live people in them. The end of cities, most outdoor farms, roads, and the like meant that Earth’s ecosystems were readily restored. Before Day One, humans enslaved and ate animals, which were some of many cruel and unnecessary practices that soon ended.

The changes in the past century were largely unimaginable to humanity before Day One, but were welcomed after Day One with little complaint. Once it became obvious that all human needs would be met, there was a great relaxation amongst humanity. It quickly became evident that most human behaviors were shaped by scarcity and its resultant fear. The shedding of scarcity and fear from human societies was the greatest single change after Day One, as far as human welfare was concerned. Human societies changed beyond recognition after Day One, compared to what they were before Day One. While those who were adults on Day One had mental and emotional adjustments to make, those born after Day One were a different kind of human, which was reflected in brain structure and other physical attributes. The highly muscled and the obese soon became rare.

Some changes came through ET advice, as they showed how their societies operated, but most came from within humanity, as people discovered how to best live in abundance. There was some short-term hedonism engaged in by people new to abundance, but that quickly ended. Since life became pleasurable, the single-minded pursuit of pleasure made little sense, people soon understood that, and helping others became life’s greatest pleasure. To help all of humanity, and even all life on Earth, to live fulfilling lives became humanity’s highest aspiration, and was the regular concern of nearly all humans.

Concepts such as status, fashion, and “identity” quickly became meaningless, particularly mutilating one’s body to achieve such. Many dysfunctional reactions to scarcity and fear were quickly cleansed from human societies, and few needed reminding.

Before Day One, many preyed on their societies, from elites to street corners. After Day One, predation as a way of life quickly waned. Professions involved with violence, begging, and thievery were abandoned.

Before Day One, the greatest criminals were often elites, and even they received amnesty. While elites often committed what was called “wholesale” crime, Earth’s legal systems punitively treated “retail” crime. Millions of people were sequestered from their societies in facilities called prisons. Even today, some are sequestered from society, but the prisons on Day One were not places of healing, but of punishment.

After Day One, humanity’s legal and punitive systems were immediately scaled down and rapidly terminated. Facilities to sequester Earth’s prison population were immediately constructed. They became places of healing, and most prisoners successfully reentered their societies. The principle of harmlessness also applied to human interactions. Physical violence of any kind was unacceptable, and some of the unveiled technologies were immediately employed to detect physical violence. Crime of all kinds immediately diminished after Day One. One reason was that there was no longer much incentive to, and another was that it was immediately detected and corrected. Also, personal protection technologies were presented, which protected from many sources, from animals, natural phenomena, and other humans. The protective technologies were also not harmful to assailants, but a response from the newly formed, global safety team, largely comprised of elderly women, usually grandmothers, immediately addressed any acts or intended acts of violence. Sometimes it meant sequestering assailants from society, but rarely for long.

Before Day One, nearly all politicians were subservient to elite interests, while pretending to serve the common good. Those politicians rarely had the proper orientation to serve humanity in the Fifth Epoch, and the idea of politicians also became anachronistic. Members of AHP were consulted for guidance, but they only played an advisory role that was soon unnecessary, as humanity rapidly adapted to abundance.

It became evident that the idea of nations had outlived its usefulness, and United Humanity became the initial organization that helped guide humanity into the epoch of abundance. Many human practices, ideas, and organizations were soon seen as dated and were discarded. There soon was a one-world government, but its charge was the welfare of Earth, including all of its life, including humanity. It had no executive office, did not command militaries, engage in coercion, or possess many other negative aspects of national governments.

While the closest human relationships remained those between mothers their children, the nuclear family soon gave way more flexible and enlightened ideas of family and community. Humanity became a community. Within a generation after Day One, nations ended, nuclear families began declining, and a mobile humanity that interbred globally initiated the coming end of what was called race. Before Day One, various regions had skin color and other superficial features common among them, as a result of geographical isolation and evolution. Within another century or so, all of humanity will likely have skin that is golden in color, and there will not be great variation in stature, musculature, and the like. The isolation that gave rise to races rapidly ended after Day One.

On Day One, artificial intelligence routinely translated languages, so that all people could communicate. After Day One, and humanity’s far greater mobility, cultural and language differences began disappearing. Today, there is one global culture and one global language, which has elements of previous cultures and languages, but a century of abundance created a culture that would have been largely unrecognizable to those living before Day One. Peace and harmony are constant conditions of our global culture.

On Day One, only the poorest nations had growing populations, as a large family was a peasant’s means to wealth and security, and women were little more than broodmares of agrarian economies. After Day One, populations began declining globally, and the goal became to reach half of the human population that existed on Day One, which has nearly been achieved today. Such decisions were reached by global consensus and nobody was coerced. Women gained complete control over their bodies soon after Day One, and there were no unwanted pregnancies.

Another idea that was discarded after Day One was competition, which arose from scarcity. In a world of abundance, competition of any kind became nonsensical. Athletes that competed in tribal affairs, pitting cities and nations against each other, became an absurd notion, especially as cities and nations soon vanished.

Territorial behaviors influenced many human activities, from owning land to nations, and only made sense in a world of scarcity. As all of humanity became one community, ideas such as seizing the “best” land became outmoded. All of nature has its own beauty, from desert to rainforest, and with the restoration of Earth’s ecosystems, all of nature was a wonder. Some natural wonders were more spectacular than others, but humanity readily developed systems so that no part of Earth became crowded with people, and there was no competition for the “best” land. Elite enclaves were soon seen as primitive as everything else before Day One. Very little of human societies and their ideals survived for long after Day One, other than the ideas of abundance, enlightenment, and love. Much of Earth not only reverted to its wild state, but some was rarely visited by humans, by global agreement. The most visionary fictional works before Day One barely hinted at human civilization’s consonance with nature that exists today.

Humanity’s dwellings on Day One, even the most grandiose mansions, were quickly seen as archaic, and a generation-long process saw all Day One dwellings retired and replaced with a vast and diverse array of habitation, from dwellings that could travel in space, sit on Mars, be placed underground, on the ocean floor or anywhere, really, and had a versatility of function that was previously unimaginable. Dwellings were easily designed and produced to meet every human need. Most were less comprehensive, and did not grow all of their food, for instance. Some people rarely used personal dwellings, but instead used publicly available habitats wherever they traveled, and the idea of possessions that each person exclusively used greatly diminished. Each generation saw refinements in dwellings, sometimes whole replacements, as new miracles were invented and distributed. They could house an individual, a family, or a local community – whatever people desired and worked best for them. Some preferred to live in clusters of dwellings, while some lived in isolation. But any human could communicate with any other human, if they both wanted to.

Humanity became immensely more intelligent after Day One. Fuller noted how children were born geniuses, and how their societies wrecked those natural abilities. Others also noted the “dumbing down” of children, so that they could become controlled assets of their societies, which generally served elite ends. That all ended after Day One, and encouraging all children to reach their potential became humanity’s universal practice.

What was called artificial intelligence before Day One reached unimagined levels after Day One. The largest single human effort after Day One was the development of artificial intelligence, combined with technology, to safely meet any human need. The technologies in our daily lives were barely imaginable before Day One. Before Day One, many so-called service professions existed, to groom bodies, provide food, and the like, which often entailed mind-and-body-numbing activities. Nearly all such professions soon ended, and what survived bore little resemblance to how they were before Day One. Technologies replaced much of it, but also, many such activities became purposeless after Day One.

With the growth of human spiritualty, as all children learned how to communicate with other dimensions, including the non-physical consciousness of those who had died, there was no longer any fear of death amongst humanity. Every birth and death was a cause for celebration, and all people knew that they would see their departed loved ones again. That was also part of the great relaxation of humanity after Day One, as there was little left to fear. Perhaps the biggest change in human societies was a transition from victim mentalities to creator mentalities, which reflected a loving perspective.

Since Day Two, there have been increasing interactions between humanity and ET organizations. Humanity would have never been allowed to bring its weaponry far past Earth, and a century of peacefulness was a precondition for eligibility to join galactic organizations, and that day is coming. Humanity’s adventures are only beginning.

That ends that history of the Fifth Epoch’s first century for now. My next post is my commentary on it.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 3rd November 2023 at 01:46.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (5th May 2023), Dennis Leahy (5th May 2023), Ernie Nemeth (6th May 2023), Ewan (5th May 2023), Harmony (6th May 2023), kudzy (6th May 2023)

26. Link to Post #214
    Thanks

I decided to not put any links in that “historical” account, but I could have put in dozens of links to my work, of course, such as industrial waste as compulsory “medicine,” those peacekeeping grandmothers, metabolic disease and Western medicine’s worthless treatments of them, etc., etc.

My account of the first century of the Fifth Epoch is how I imagine my effort’s ideal outcome. If the GCs anoint Dennis or Greer tomorrow as the hero who will bring free energy to humanity, nobody would be happier than me. I can even live with Lockheed’s coming out with fusion in a few years, which is a GC Plan B, to “solve” the energy issue but keep capitalism alive, selling it for $1 billion a pop. We can’t have something like Sparky’s gizmo! If my effort becomes the key one, wonderful, but I almost don’t care who does it. Bill Gates can! My approach will work, if enough people with the right stuff can be found and trained. It sure does not have to be my effort, but there is presently nothing on Earth like it, and I suspect that if there is a successful effort, it may look a lot like it. I have written on what my ideal effort would look like, and I continually try to make my effort worthy of it.

Specifically, to Dennis’s question on land, which began this little project, there is enough land on Earth right now for more than 10 acres per person. A family of four would get more than 40 acres, and one option for homes in the Fifth Epoch will be a home that can fly anywhere, even to Mars, which would have maybe 3,000 square feet on the top floor, and the bottom floor houses the indoor farm, septic system, and other systems to care for that family of four. Do you want another floor for “recreational” purposes? Fine. Easily done. Want it 10,000 square feet per floor? OK. Whatever people want. So, the 40 acres are not really needed for anything, other than to enjoy it. Nobody is going to be “working the land” like a farmer.

I foresee that some people will do that, and put their homes in “remote” locations, and for the people who want to live like that, they will easily be able to. But homes, transportation, food systems, and the like will only bear faint resemblance to what we see today. Many people might have a bio pod where they eat, sleep, study, and the like. Since people will be able to travel the world in minutes, and take their pods with them if they so desire, humanity will have mobility that is hard to imagine today. Imagine if, instead of traveling a few minutes to see somebody on the other side of Earth, you instead met them in cyberspace, in something like Star Trek’s holodeck, and interacted with them like they were there in the flesh, and they would see you the same way. It will be the Fifth Epoch’s version of a phone call. Even in today’s retail tech sector, that idea is not far off. Zuckerberg has been trying to build a primitive version of it. In that heavenly Roads world, children learned a hundred times as fast as today’s children do, with that kind of tech.

As I mentioned in that “history,” if an effort like mine succeeds, the hard part will be building the choir. Everything else will be easy. For degree of difficulty and importance, getting to Day One is 99% of the effort, and everything that comes afterward is 1%. Nothing remotely like that choir has existed on Earth before. Almost nobody on Earth hits the notes today or is capable of it, and I can tell that few people really understand that. Kind of like Level 4s, I see people eagerly wanting to be part of distributing free energy or helping people adjust to the idea of abundance, but they will be no help at all for making it happen. That is putting the cart before the horse, to put it kindly. That is another reason why I am not all that interested in detailed plans for transitioning to the Fifth Epoch. Those plans might become obsolete on Day Two. We need stars to steer by, not procedure manuals.

Humanity will have an easy time adapting to abundance (like giving everybody a billion dollars), and there are horizons of the human potential to explore that almost nobody today can even imagine. That is why I don’t like getting too much into the specifics of what may be coming. My vision for the Fifth Epoch is just what is easily predictable. I have been living with the idea since 1987, and I know that I can barely imagine what that world will look like. Thinking that people will vie for the “best” land will quickly be seen as a nonsensical concept in the Fifth Epoch. All of Earth is beautiful in its own way. All ecosystems will be restored and will no longer be dominated/wrecked by humanity. Ecosystems and the “best” land will not be coveted. That is not easy to imagine from here, just like nearly all aspects of the Fifth Epoch are hard to fathom for almost everybody.

In my first interview with Scott Jordan, he cited a poll in New York in 1900, in which people were asked about what New York City’s biggest problem would be in 2000, and the most common response was how to deal with the mountains of horse manure. That is a great example of what people think will be big problems will not be problems at all. If they polled New Yorkers today about the city’s biggest problems in 2123, how many will say that it won’t matter, because New York City will no longer exist? In the Fifth Epoch, living in today’s cities will be seen like how we look at living in caves today.

It was only after developing my Epochal conception that I really came to understand why the typical reactions to the idea of the Fifth Epoch are indifference, denial, and fear. All Epochs would have been greeted that way if people saw them coming. But nobody ever imagined them. This is the first time that people are imagining the next Epoch before it arrives, very few are fit for it, and that is normal.

When Brian asked me to help him with his DOE proposal, his idea was to work on imagining what kind of transition to the Fifth Epoch people would want, and to put their objections to its being possible to the side. I have found that almost nobody could do that, as they reacted to very idea of the Fifth Epoch with those reactions of denial and fear. So, I saw it as a very tall order to even find people who could lay that aside and just think about the transition, and I wondered what Brian thought that we would accomplish. The DOE made short work of us.

When Dennis and I put on our Greatest Energy Shows, his pitches were around people’s not having to worry about energy bills. That was aiming low, but he approached it as a businessman, and it was rooted in his brilliant marketing plans. To this day, Dennis does not really understand free energy’s potential, and neither did Brian, kind of surprisingly, even with his final book. If Brian had lived to read my big essay, he would have immediately understood what I was writing about.

What might be the hardest thing that free energy newcomers have to deal with is thinking that they can tell their social circles the “good news” about free energy, and those people will react with curiosity, understanding, and enthusiasm. It is anything but that. This is something that I first saw back in 1987, soon after I became Dennis’s partner, and 36 years later, I have seen the same stories many times. Free energy newcomers rushed out to tell their social circles, almost always dismissing my cautions, and became extremely dismayed that all that they received was indifference, derision, fear, and ostracism.

In 1996, Brian planned to become the Paul Revere of Free Energy, and I was his biggest fan. He had access that I will never have. While I was not too optimistic about what he would find, I was interested to see what he encountered. Five years later, during our epic note-trading session, I saw a very sobered Brian. Brian was a man of his word. He rode. He had access to the tops of the world’s scientific, academic, governmental, and “progressive” organizations, and all that he received were crazed reactions of denial and fear. After describing some of those reactions, Brian openly wondered if humanity was a sentient species, and I sadly understood.

I call humanity semi-sentient. The potential is there, but it is rarely achieved. Most people shuffle through their lives in the “waking sleep.” I am very familiar with the process of awakening. People do not awaken through talk, study, teachers, and the like. People only awaken through experience. Perhaps the greatest lesson of awakening is that almost nobody around the awakened is awake (one of the loneliest feelings), and trying to awaken others through spreading the “good news” is futile and hazardous. Free energy proselytizers are not really awake yet.

When Brian invited me to co-found NEM, one board member was a free energy newbie who reminded me of how I might have turned out if I had not met Dennis: a naïve Boy Scout. He had a 20-year career going as a scientific professional, a salesman in fact. He got in full salesman’s mode, and planned to “convert” his company to the free energy gospel, speak to churches, and the like. I cautioned him against it, but he was gung-ho and would not be dissuaded. He was soon fired for his proselytizing, which ruined his career. It was painful to witness that.

A pupil bagged his career and is pursuing his doctorate today, at a hip, “progressive” university. Like the others, he was full of fire, planning on “converting” that university, and once again, I cautioned him against it. He just had to do it, and was nearly expelled from the university for his proselytizing, and did not make one convert. This summer, another pupil will visit me, as I try to get him back on track, after his battering by his “hip” social circles over the past decade and more, as he tried to spread the free energy gospel. He has seen my warnings for many years, but could not help himself, and it knocked him off-keel.

This is as plainly as I can state it:

The choir will not be singing to the social circles of its members.

Its song is intended to reach the vanishingly few people on Earth that I seek. 99.9+% of humanity will not begin to awaken to the Fifth Epoch until it arrives, that is normal, and it does no good to judge the situation. That Day One that I described will be the most dramatic day in the human journey, but even then, a sizeable fraction of humanity will have to see the technology operating in their homes before they begin to understand. But they will quickly begin to understand when they can see it, use it, touch it, and see their energy costs go to zero.

Unlike almost all of humanity, I know that that tech is older than I am. If you play on the high road for long, you learn that, but few have ever played there for long and survived. That understanding just comes with the territory.

Again, getting to Day One is the hard part, and the hardest part will be building the choir, which is partly why I have devoted so much effort into making my material worthy of the effort. I am getting there, and hope to be done with the task – at least the lion’s share of it – in a few years.

Could Day One be something like a demonstration of an advanced version of Sparky’s gizmo, publicly demonstrated, working for weeks, lighting up skylights with no detectible energy source, as scientists crawl all over it? That is possible but I consider it unlikely, unless the GCs were secretly sponsoring it. If Day One happened like that, it would obviously make a global splash, and if it was not easily wiped out, bought out, etc., then, believe me, the world’s governments would jump onboard ASAP, as would many others. Billionaire “philanthropists” would swarm. It would be like The Little Red Hen writ globally, at least on the part of the barnyard animals. I would hope that the hen would be generous and forgiving, but it might not matter, as the stampede would be overwhelming.

But, if Day One happened the way that I presented it, the fears that people immediately conjure when hearing about free energy would not prevail. Everybody would be onboard from Day One with a harmless implementation. There are not any politician-saints on Earth today, and they would play ball because it would be political suicide not to, and maybe even some of them would do it out of conscience! No politician in office on Day One would likely last long in office, but they can all look forward to more meaningful pursuits. Politics as we know it would swiftly come to an end, and nobody will miss it.

That choir, 100,000 active supporters, and the tech they develop will be what compels everybody to the table. Anything less has a faint hope of success, IMO. The choir is the necessary ballast for the ship to sail, keeping it centered and on-course.

Anybody can care and awaken, which is over 90% of what is needed for what I am doing, but they also need to be scientifically literate and develop a comprehensive perspective. That takes a little talent and work, and I am trying to make it as easy as possible. Otherwise, people fall prey to petty distractions, hack at branches, etc.

In Sapolsky’s masterpiece, he discussed how childhood “adversity” damages brains for life, with swollen amygdalas and atrophied hippocampuses, which wrecks mental and emotional stability. This is common in so-called “honor societies,” in which men respond violently to the slightest imagined affront, which Hispanic cultures are known for, as they got “machismo” from the Moors that conquered the Iberian Peninsula. In the Fifth Epoch, no child will grow up in adversity.

That ends this little project for now. Back to essay work, after some housekeeping tasks and getting through some of my post backlog.

Best,

Wade

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Casey Claar (14th June 2023), Dennis Leahy (5th May 2023), Ewan (5th May 2023)

28. Link to Post #215
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

Assumptions : No more money madness; No more usury; Preference for the law of love over the law of the jungle; cooperation over competition; general agreement that the meaning of life is life, and the goal of life is more abundant life.

1. *Where will our energy come from?
    _ _ _ a. The sun, and the previous star that was our progenitor.
    2. *How will we get around/what will be our modes of transport?
    _ _ _ a. The most energy efficient form is via water. The second most efficient form is steel wheel on steel rail (Railways). Thus we can expect a vast increase in navigable waterways, as well as rail rights of way.
    3. *How will our communities be structured?
    _ _ _ a. Small, self sufficient family friendly neighborhoods, within a larger consolidation of population (urban). And farming villages, so that farmers aren't isolated and at risk.
    4. *What will we eat?
    _ _ _ a. Anything edible and tasty.
    5. *What will our dwellings look like and what will they be made of?
    _ _ _ a. My favorites are multiformed mixed use disaster resistant systems, like a dual ring village, hemipyrs, and terraced mountain sides. Constructed of materials that have a track record of over 1,000 years or more.
    6. *Will there be cities, and if so what form will they take?
    _ _ _ a. The most efficient, disaster resistant, "thickened" life bearing volume on the finite surface area, with parkland, gardens, and extensive support for all ages and capabilities. Extensive network of urban electric rail subways, trams (streetcars), suspended monorails, funiculars, cable cars, etc., etc.
    7. *Will we have ongoing contact with extraterrestrials and how will it occur?
    _ _ _ a. I defer to the Galactic Emperor and his policies.
    8. *Will we have ceremonies, rituals?
    _ _ _ a. Voluntary (hopefully).
    9. *How long will we live?
    _ _ _ a. Until our sequential linear time bound, partially furred, variously garbed, electrically powered, water filled, gas processing, food cooking meat bags break.
    10. *What will be the family structure?
    _ _ _ a. Whatever provides the most support, comfort, and security for all parties involved. Assuming that socialism is abandoned, and preserving family property rights is once again important, marriages will return to merging the property of all spouses for the benefit of the progeny, the ultimate beneficiaries.
    11. *Will our appearance change? What will we look like?
    _ _ _ a. More beautiful than we can imagine. (Looks both ways and backs out of the room)
    12. *Will we still have deserts? What will the Earth look like?
    _ _ _ a. The planet will still have underutilized areas, but engineering the habitat is no longer frowned upon, so there is a vast multiplication of habitat volume for man, agriculture, and wildlife.
    13. *Will we bring back extinct animals, or create new life forms, or import plants and animals from other planets and star systems?
    _ _ _ a. No. Yes. No (dangerous!).
    14. *Will we travel to the stars, and if so, where will we go?
    _ _ _ a. Using solar powered laser stations, a light sail equipped transport can reach 1/10 lightspeed in roughly one year of acceleration at 0.1 G. Thus transport colonies can reach nearby stars within 2 or 3 generations. Upon arrival, begin to construct and crew orbital habitats constructed from available materials. Once there is a surplus available, start colonizing adjacent star systems. Overall expansion will be roughly at 1/20 lightspeed. Thus the radius of the sphere of humanity grows 50 light years every 1000 years. It won't matter if there are no suitable planets, because we can construct new habitats from materials on-site.
    15. *Will we be able to travel backwards and forwards in time, and for what purpose?
    _ _ _ a. Yes. But to do so, one must die first, and be reincarnated in the desired epoch. Retaining memory is not always possible between incarnations.

29. Link to Post #216
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Thank you very much, Wade.

As I tried to say, I don't find it impossible to envision a day-to-day reality you and I may see as utopian. My difficulties lie in the transition from Epoch 4.9 to the Epoch 5.5 that you seem to be writing about - many generations after Day One 5.0. Part of that is the reality that everyone who owns anything, most definitely land/property, will want/demand to still own it, (but happy to accept more, if offered.) Every piece of desirable land is already owned. Hell, the meat and potatoes of the US Constitution is pretty much about ownership and defending property. What would the people living on this Earth right now do, if (somehow) they received free electricity, unlimited in amount and power? It might be the spark that leads to utopia, but I can't imagine that the populace would recognize it.

As you've said, most won't believe a free energy device could exist until one was delivered to them, and I'd add that most won't recognize the extreme implications and trajectory shift of getting that device even after they have it and are using it. With our big hearts, we imagine equity for all in our utopian vision, but free energy doesn't automatically erase natural rarity, and that includes land features and location that naturally creates a hierarchy of desirability. I see this as a major, humanity-wide societal issue to deal with - not insurmountable, but worthy of pondering how to deal with the issue, and maybe be prepared to act when free energy is released.

I love that you have figured out that changes in access to energy in various forms is the linchpin of epochal change in humanity's journey. You know I fully support you and your mission, and quite frankly, I have remorse when I interrupt your flow and trajectory - even if momentarily - to get you to stop and look at some aspect that I'm wondering about. With that, I'll again return to an observer and cheerleader role, and stop setting up hurdles on your racetrack. No need to reply to any additional questions I've posed above - let's just say they are rhetorical (and I'll feel even worse if I keep interrupting your mission.)

Love ya, bro!

Dennis

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Casey Claar (14th June 2023), Chris Gilbert (6th June 2023), Ewan (6th May 2023), Harmony (29th May 2023), Wade Frazier (5th May 2023)

31. Link to Post #217
    Thanks

Hi Dennis:

All good, bro. You are one of the few people that I feel compelled to respond to. As white Americans, we all live on stolen land, beneficiaries of history’s greatest swindle. Before industrialization, land was seen as the primary means of wealth, hence the landowner-philia among Americans. Land was a means to wealth for two reasons:
    • The energy (food/wood) that could be procured from it;
    • The minerals that could be procured from it (iron, gold, etc.).
    The earliest economists knew that.

I just showed how both reasons evaporate in the Fifth Epoch, early on. What you are arguing for is called “cultural momentum,” in that people cling to ways of being that have become obsolete (because we are slow learners ). History has many examples of that. In that “history,” I show how the worst proclivities (greed, violence, etc.) would be kept in check on Day One, until everybody got the message, and the cultural momentum ended. But it takes a choir, first.

Love,

Wade

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Casey Claar (14th June 2023), Dennis Leahy (5th May 2023), Ewan (6th May 2023), Harmony (29th May 2023)

33. Link to Post #218
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,200 times in 436 posts

Just watched the movie Dalek's Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. and it dawned on me how often (at least in past movies) the future had been completely "mis-imagined". Man usually tries to project current things into the future but it apparently doesn't come this way.
    In more recent Sci-Fi most terminal screens are envisioned as glas or holographic devices and futuristic aircraft still uses some kind of propellant.
    I challenge anyone to picture a world in 50-100 years and I bet he misses the target by far. Then when we talk about a "dream society" where free energy is in wide-spread use and where there isn't any poverty globally anymore - how does man look and fare when all AI is doing the work and all needs are fulfilled.
    What does he do?
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Ewan (29th May 2023), Harmony (29th May 2023)

35. Link to Post #219
    Thanks

Hi Michi:

He/she finds plenty to do, things that you may have a hard time imagining. Nobody is bored in this world.

Best,

Wade

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Ewan (29th May 2023), Harmony (29th May 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (29th May 2023), Michi (28th May 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 11