+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative treatments led to Steve Jobs death - doctor

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Alternative treatments led to Steve Jobs death - doctor

Quote http://health.ninemsn.com.au/healthn...th-says-doctor

'Alternative treatments led to Steve Jobs' death': doctor
    Monday, October 17, 2011

Steve Jobs' life could have been prolonged had he not sought out alternative therapies to treat his cancer, says a Harvard cancer expert.
    Dr Ramzi Amri, a Harvard Medical School researcher, said that the Apple co-founder was diagnosed with a rare form of pancreatic cancer in 2003. While this form of cancer is not usually fatal, Jobs did not have the cancer removed for a further nine months, instead seeking out alternative therapies, which allowed it to spread.

Writing on the forum Quora, Dr Amri said, "Let me cut to the chase — Mr Jobs allegedly chose to undergo all sorts of alternative treatment options before opting for conventional medicine".

"Given the circumstances, it seems sound to assume that Mr Jobs' choice for alternative medicine has eventually led to an unnecessarily early death."

"It's always an ethical puzzle if a patient chooses alternative treatment that we know from fact will not work."

Dr Amri said he had the "profoundest respect for Mr. Jobs and his legacy" and did not wish his comments to offend.

"Sadly, even for one of the greatest personalities of the last 100 years, there will be no exception, and badly treated cancer is just as deadly for him as for anyone else".

Jobs lost his battle with pancreatic cancer earlier this month, aged 56.
    Article at above link.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceanz For This Post:

KiwiElf (17th October 2011), Tarka the Duck (17th October 2011), ViralSpiral (17th October 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Default Re: Alternative treatments led to Steve Jobs death - doctor

Thank you for your post and willingness to bring to people's attention that there are differing methods one can approach, as with most things in life.  What I wish is that people would get off of his case. I do not presume to know the man or what exactly it was that he had, or that having all the money in the world could not "save" him.

Let me cut to the chase - serves nobody....

My best friend died at the age of 52 from Waldenstroems Macroglobuoinenia. Incurable. She told no-one, not even her 13 year old daughter. Her only option was to take medication and prolong her life, with major pain and discomfort. When I heard that she has collapsed and that her organs were failing, naturally I was mad. Instead she never complained and gave her daughter the best last 2 years of her life.

My point is....... lets respect peoples' choice..... you have yours.
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

Calz (17th October 2011), KiwiElf (17th October 2011), Pani (17th October 2011), Tarka the Duck (17th October 2011), unearth9 (17th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

I agree VS - but am saddened a "Doctor" would "have" to say that about Steve's choice, wouldn't they? Any excuse to knock alternative therapies, hmmm? Besides, he [the "Doctor"] does not "know", altho I'm sure that before long, it will be taken as "fact".
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 17th October 2011 at 09:34.

6. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

from Natural News:
    Steve Jobs dead at 56, his life ended prematurely by chemotherapy and radiotherapy for cancer

So which is it?
    The doctor just mentions 'alternative treatments' as the cause of his death, but does not go into particulars. Which alternative therapies is he talking about specifically?
    It is as if he's saying any and all alternatives are bad and establisment health-care is the only thing that works. Yeah, right.
    A big-pharma shill...?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elixer For This Post:

Calz (17th October 2011), KiwiElf (17th October 2011), ViralSpiral (17th October 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Yeah... I know-wotchu-mean
    And by judging the quack, the merry-go-round gains momentum.
    Perhaps he gains a customer or three through his quacking. Good for him

/cough

Note to self. Do not write in anger on an iPad on a train and not do spellcheck (refers to previous post. All errors in this one are intentional.)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

Calz (17th October 2011), KiwiElf (17th October 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by ViralSpiral (here)
    My point is....... lets respect peoples' choice..... you have yours.
    Right on.

That said ... the arrogance of *some* of the medical community is frustrating to deal with.

Try having a discussion about vaccines with a pediatrician.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Elixer (here)
    from Natural News:
    Steve Jobs dead at 56, his life ended prematurely by chemotherapy and radiotherapy for cancer

So which is it?
    The doctor just mentions 'alternative treatments' as the cause of his death, but does not go into particulars. Which alternative therapies is he talking about specifically?
    It is as if he's saying any and all alternatives are bad and establisment health-care is the only thing that works. Yeah, right.
    A big-pharma shill...?
    I don't know the details ... but many will try all available means at healing (particularly those that can afford it).

Could be he tried a number of things???

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

aceninja (17th October 2011), KiwiElf (17th October 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)

Try having a discussion about vaccines with a pediatrician.[COLOR="red"]

Ermmmmmm, no thanks! My trigger finger gets too happy when I see those two words together: pediatrician/vaccines

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

Calz (17th October 2011), KiwiElf (17th October 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

This is all too close to home for me, being married to a pharma prescribing doctor. They are followers of religious dogma. Their confidence in their approach is what cures their patients. When he and I met I was not even willing to take a simple aspirin. Poor guy. It was not eaay for him, being married to me.
    But how many times have his own meds failed, yet my hands resting on his sore spots have cured him. And how many times have my methods failed me as well, and he made me better. There really are no easy answers.
    My take on what happened to Steve Jobs is that he came up against a similar dilemma. But the more his managed to stir his company towards worldwide success the more he failed at healing his own body.
    So perhaps it was just a matter of the famous Piscean self sacrifice...living to get the product out there, as a form of service to the masses. Once the "Job" was done, it was his time to go.

Maybe in a few years we will see a similar pattern operated with Dr. Brian O'Leary, as he was handing his Free Energy work to those who would use it to correct planetary power balance. With these kinds of geniuses it is always a good idea to look at their later work rather than their early work, which brought them initial fame.
    They often transcended way beyond where us lesser mortals go, and thus make great way showers.
    It's all good.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (17th October 2011), ViralSpiral (17th October 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

As someone once said, "there is no money in cure". It makes me sick that cancer cures are ignored, AIDS can be cured by diluted Hydrogen Peroxide (12 drops in a glass of water daily), and "medically oriented charities" take Billions of dollars of OUR donated money - they're almost as bad as the govt!

+ Reply to Thread