+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can anybody help?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Default Can anybody help?

I'm sure there's a thread on here about raw food diets, but I can't find one for love nor money. Does anybody know where I might find some information or have some tips to share?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), christian (22nd October 2011), laughs-last (22nd October 2011), shadowstalker (22nd October 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Retired Member Anno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 times in 567 posts

Default Re: Can anybody help?

Cast a wider net and you'll find plenty of info. The original book on the Paleolithic Diet explains the background and science to such diets. Tis based on how our bodies developed over thousands of years to eat a certain diet (mostly raw food) then we started farming and cooking and it all went downhill from there and various diseases started to occur.
    It's very popular with the older generation in the states. Lots of super fit grannies and grandpas who have bodies that look better than most 30 year olds.

If I remember rightly, Icke's forum has a fair bit of info on it if you have a nose around health and survival sub-forums.

I'd be wary of getting the info from the alternative though. They tend to go off on one about Monsanto and GM products instead of just explaining the whys and wherefores of eating a raw diet. The Paleolithic Diet book is the best primer I know of. =]

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anno For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), christian (22nd October 2011), Hervé (22nd October 2011), ktlight (22nd October 2011), laughs-last (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011), mahalall (22nd October 2011), Ruby L. (22nd October 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

Diet is such an emotive subject, isn't it?!
    As many will tell you of the benefits of the raw food diet, I just wanted to offer something from "the other side".
    This is from the site of Barry Groves, called secondopinions.co.uk and is in the section entitled The Naive Vegetarian:

The second investigation (10) concerned the inedibility of many of today's plant foods in the raw state which contain many anti-nutrients that can damage a wide variety of human physiological systems. These antinutrients include alkylrescorcinols, alpha-amylase inhitors, protease inhibitors, etc. These must be broken down by cooking, and cooking for a long time, before they can be eaten safely. Beans and other legumes although rich in both carbohydrate and protein, also contain protease inhibitors. Starchy roots — yams and cassava — are common staples today, but if not well cooked are very toxic indeed. The cassava even contains cyanide which must be oxidised by heat to make it safe to eat. And apart from the anti-nutrients above, the starch in cereals — wheat, rice, barley, oats, and rye — are also inedible in quantity if not cooked first. Cooking causes the starch granules in the flour to swell and be disrupted by a process called gelatinization Without this the starch much less accessible to digestion by pancreatic amylase. (11) (See also soybeans below.) Unlike meat, which can be easily digested in its raw state, vegetables should really never be eaten raw and cereals should be fermented and then cooked for a very long time before being eaten to neutralise the phytic acid and other toxic anti-nutrients. That fact that we don't do these things is the reason for so much atopic disease — asthma, eczema, and so on — around today.
    Last edited by Tarka the Duck; 22nd October 2011 at 16:18.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

blufire (22nd October 2011), christian (22nd October 2011), ktlight (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011), mahalall (22nd October 2011), Ruby L. (22nd October 2011), Seikou-Kishi (22nd October 2011), shamanseeker (22nd October 2011), THIRDEYE (22nd October 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

vegetables should really never be eaten raw

Really? As in no salad or anything?? I thought raw vegetables were good for you?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), nearing (22nd October 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Parasites live under the skin of root vegetables and these can be removed by zapping for 10 minutes before use.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Seikou-Kishi (23rd October 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

Am I reading your inquiry wrong or what. My understanding of your question is you want love and money advice, but you seem to be getting diet advice. If it is diet advice I would tell you only don't follow any diet that eats only one type of food. However, you should only consume fresh, non-processed, organically grown, non GM foods. A diet that includes fish, nuts, dairy as your protein source is the most beneficial but eating meat is ok. But I would hope it is from a source where the animal was treated with dignity in life and at death. However is you are going to consume fish, chicken, or fish it should be thoroughly cooked. Sushi prepared by a trained sushi chef is safer but there is still a risk of parasites. Also, when preparing some vegetables for example carrots; cooking them releases their vitamin content better than in the raw stage. This is my short version of nutrition advice.

If you want love & money advice these are more difficult subjects. One should find their passion in life and try to make a paycheck doing it. This way you may not get rich, but you also will never feel like you are working. When it comes to love trust that it will come when it is meant to be. Keep yourself out there. Your love will not come knocking at the door. The best way to meet someone is through other people you know referring you. I have tried dating websites but found them to be a waste of time. Start conversations at the grocery store, while waiting in line somewhere, etc. I have met people that I dated by joining clubs. Met my current boyfriend through a local Ski Club for example. You must put yourself out there and it will happen. Try to learn more about yourself in the mean time. Learn to love yourself so that you will be a better partner when someone does enter the picture.

May all your dreams come true. Just daily visualize what you want for your life and imagine you already have it. You will draw to your reality what you create with your thoughts. Best wishes!!!
    Last edited by Amysenthia; 22nd October 2011 at 17:34.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), christian (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011), lotusblossom (23rd October 2011), Seikou-Kishi (23rd October 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Hi Oliver!

Here are some random things I have bumped into in the last few weeks and maybe you will also find interest in:

This is a raw foodist youtube channel where she tries the raw food diet and report on the diffrent feelings,how it effects her body and her overall conclusions about it.
    I like listening and learning from other people's experiences and there are quite a few good privet channels about it,people are sharing their knowledge,so hopefully you can get something from it.

https://youtube.com/user/RawDownUnder

and another one -

you go to 'download' and press show all (look for interesting videos in synchronistic order)

https://youtube.com/user/TheRawFoodWorld

and lately I listened to Amy that lives in Costa Rica (someone introduced her here in the forum.thank you!) -she live from fruits and vegetables that she pick from the trees and not even drink any water

from 4:55 (but worth listening to the whole video)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=b6WZs...eature=related

Good luck with your findings,and dont forget to post it here.

A smoothy salute!

Love

~*&^~*&

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 22nd October 2011 at 19:53.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), Andreash94 (22nd October 2011), CdnSirian (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Amysenthia (here)
    Am I reading your inquiry wrong or what. My understanding of your question is you want love and money advice, but you seem to be getting diet advice. If it is diet advice I would tell you only don't follow any diet that eats only one type of food. However, you should only consume fresh, non-processed, organically grown, non GM foods. A diet that includes fish, nuts, dairy as your protein source is the most beneficial but eating meat is ok. But I would hope it is from a source where the animal was treated with dignity in life and at death. However is you are going to consume fish, chicken, or fish it should be thoroughly cooked. Sushi prepared by a trained sushi chef is safer but there is still a risk of parasites. Also, when preparing some vegetables for example carrots; cooking them releases their vitamin content better than in the raw stage. This is my short version of nutrition advice.

If you want love & money advice these are more difficult subjects. One should find their passion in life and try to make a paycheck doing it. This way you may not get rich, but you also will never feel like you are working. When it comes to love trust that it will come when it is meant to be. Keep yourself out there. Your love will not come knocking at the door. The best way to meet someone is through other people you know referring you. I have tried dating websites but found them to be a waste of time. Start conversations at the grocery store, while waiting in line somewhere, etc. I have met people that I dated by joining clubs. Met my current boyfriend through a local Ski Club for example. You must put yourself out there and it will happen. Try to learn more about yourself in the mean time. Learn to love yourself so that you will be a better partner when someone does enter the picture.

May all your dreams come true. Just daily visualize what you want for your life and imagine you already have it. You will draw to your reality what you create with your thoughts. Best wishes!!!
    For want of love nor money is just slang, meaning regardless of how much you have to offer, you can't get what you want.

16. Link to Post #9
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Quote Originally posted by Tarka The Duck (from Barry Groves):"Unlike meat, which can be easily digested in its raw state, vegetables should really never be eaten raw and cereals should be fermented and then cooked for a very long time before being eaten.."
    I must say I do not at all resonate with what he is saying. cheers for all the raw saldas in the world,it is alive,and it gives us life

Last edited by Limor Wolf; 22nd October 2011 at 21:09.

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), Heather2017 (22nd October 2011), Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), karelia (22nd October 2011), Lettherebelight (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011), nearing (22nd October 2011), Seikou-Kishi (23rd October 2011), sunflower (24th October 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

This is my favourite salad.

19. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member merkabagirll's Avatar
    Thanks

Raw foods are the best way to alkalize your body. An alkaline body is less likely to harbor dis-ease. I have found that adding 'super-foods' to my (50% raw/organic) diet has given me increased energy, stamina and general sense of well-being. After research and experimentation, I am convinced that 'Super-Foods' are of vital importance to our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. Many of these 'super-foods' regenerate on a cellular level, strengthening our immune system and assisting us in repairing DNA damage. I believe they can be of great support to us through these changing and uncertain times. Examples of 'super-foods' are : blue-green algae, acai, goji, raw cacao, mangosteen, sea buckthorn, maca, hemp, matcha, etc) Hope this helps!

FYI: (Phenethylamine (PEA) is the 'feel-good' ingredient found in pure cacao, also in certain marine phytoplanktons)

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to merkabagirll For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), karelia (22nd October 2011), Limor Wolf (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011), nearing (22nd October 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

This is a great story of how Angela lost 160 pounds on a raw food diet:

She has now been on the diet for 9 years and there are many more videos she has done on youtube. Angela and her husband, Matt Monarch, run Raw Food World: http://www.therawfoodworld.com/

My husband and I were raw foodists for many months, then raw fruit only. Eventually we went back to more cooked food while remaining vegetarian for 7 years. I am not now a vegetarian although I may go back on raw foods only for a few months because of the health benefits of cleansing. There is no doubt that a raw foods diet can help you loose weight rapidly and can also reverse many diseases. If you are going to go raw I think juicing is essential. It's easier to get a lot of nutrition with fresh juice.

I now feel that total vegetarianism and/or raw foods diet are not the most healthy diet for the long term. My son is still a vegetarian at age 31 and I think he is having too many health problems because of it.

Enjoy your new diet!
    Nancy

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), CdnSirian (22nd October 2011), Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), Limor Wolf (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,191 times in 2,965 posts

As we develop spiritually and change vibrationally, maybe our ability to digest certain foods changes.

If one eats like a caveman, I guess one should work out like a caveman, living outside with all the hardships they had, I think the amount of physical exercise per day and also the climatic conditions one lives in should be considered when making a diet-plan, this is common sense.

This article is a classic, showing how the Inuit can be healthy with their very limited diet, making the best out of everything.
    http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox

I read about an experiment, where toddlers were given a large variety of food to choose from and the results were, that they chose what was healthy for them (e.g. one who was ill chose codliver oil) and they had no health- or obesity-problems.

As soon as they were offered some food that contained MSG, they became addicted to that and ate way too much.

So it seems, we know instinctively what's good for us, so just go with what feels and tastes right for you and leave chemicals out, I guess. I personally am pretty much a vegan, but occasionally I also like yogurt, cheese, fish, meat or eggs. I have lived in Mongolia for some time and I can tell the difference between yogurt, cheese and meat that is organic as can be and the supermarket stuff, which pales in comparison. Treating plants and animals compassionately is the prime directive.
    Last edited by christian; 22nd October 2011 at 21:01.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), Heather2017 (22nd October 2011), Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), karelia (22nd October 2011), Limor Wolf (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011), NancyV (22nd October 2011), nearing (22nd October 2011), Spirithorse (22nd October 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

At least look into and understand the Primal Diet before you dismiss it. It has been used to reverse cancer for years now, that says alot. http://www.wewant2live.com/

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), christian (22nd October 2011), NancyV (22nd October 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,191 times in 2,965 posts

Quote Posted by Siberia9 (here)
    At least look into and understand the Primal Diet before you dismiss it. It has been used to reverse cancer for years now, that says alot. http://www.wewant2live.com/
    Thanks. I have nothing against the Primal Diet per se, anyways cancer preventing info can be found for the vegeterian or vegan diet also and cancer is treated succesfully with minerals, vitamins and whatnot. I guess the most important thing is to leave deliberate toxins like MSG, Aspartame and all the others out and to be moderate with the rest.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), NancyV (22nd October 2011), nearing (22nd October 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

There is so much out there.

Just go slow & steady for a sustainable transition.

Information that helps to shift FROM what one accepts or 'merely believes' assists with living a commitment to a different set of eating choices.

http://www.nealbarnard.org/books.cfm

Last edited by 58andfixed; 24th October 2011 at 04:19. Reason: Improve clarity of statement

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

Limor Wolf (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member merkabagirll's Avatar
    Thanks

Raw Foods Raise our Vibration & Strengthen our Life Force
    I am most interested in foods that will support me in moving into 5-dimensional frequency. All objects (live or dead) are energy and hold a particular vibrational level. Lifeless objects tend to resonate at a lower frequency vibration, whereas live objects resonate at higher frequencies of vibration. Dead, processed foods have a lower level of vibration and life force, so they provide less life-force energy and tend to lower our vibrational levels. By eating more live, RAW foods, we are able to raise our vibrational levels and strengthen our life-force energy. By raising our vibratory levels, we can become more ‘in tune’ physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually with ourselves, with others and with nature.
    You figure whales live on phyto-plankton! It must be very high energy stuff!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to merkabagirll For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), Limor Wolf (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    Diet is such an emotive subject, isn't it?!
    As many will tell you of the benefits of the raw food diet, I just wanted to offer something from "the other side".
    This is from the site of Barry Groves, called secondopinions.co.uk and is in the section entitled The Naive Vegetarian:

The second investigation (10) concerned the inedibility of many of today's plant foods in the raw state which contain many anti-nutrients that can damage a wide variety of human physiological systems. These antinutrients include alkylrescorcinols, alpha-amylase inhitors, protease inhibitors, etc. These must be broken down by cooking, and cooking for a long time, before they can be eaten safely. Beans and other legumes although rich in both carbohydrate and protein, also contain protease inhibitors. Starchy roots — yams and cassava — are common staples today, but if not well cooked are very toxic indeed. The cassava even contains cyanide which must be oxidised by heat to make it safe to eat. And apart from the anti-nutrients above, the starch in cereals — wheat, rice, barley, oats, and rye — are also inedible in quantity if not cooked first. Cooking causes the starch granules in the flour to swell and be disrupted by a process called gelatinization Without this the starch much less accessible to digestion by pancreatic amylase. (11) (See also soybeans below.) Unlike meat, which can be easily digested in its raw state, vegetables should really never be eaten raw and cereals should be fermented and then cooked for a very long time before being eaten to neutralise the phytic acid and other toxic anti-nutrients. That fact that we don't do these things is the reason for so much atopic disease — asthma, eczema, and so on — around today.
    This is the other extreme, and like all things, balance is probably best. It's true some plant products require cooking, but many others don't. Many foods contain traces of cyanide or arsenic. Evolution is not a static thing, our gut and related organs has evolved somewhat as our diet has changed. I eat raw many fruits and vegetables, many others cooked, some dairy, eggs and meat, but way less meat than most westerners. I would say that the quality of the food you eat, and the proportion of the different foods, is way more important than what diet you follow. I would strongly dispute the statement about asthma and excema - consumption of processed and refined foods, toxic trace elements in our environment, and over-immunisation would be more likely candidates for that trend.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd October 2011), christian (22nd October 2011), Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), Limor Wolf (22nd October 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd October 2011)

35. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Quote Posted by merkabagirll (here)
    Raw Foods Raise our Vibration & Strengthen our Life Force
    I am most interested in foods that will support me in moving into 5-dimensional frequency. All objects (live or dead) are energy and hold a particular vibrational level. Lifeless objects tend to resonate at a lower frequency vibration, whereas live objects resonate at higher frequencies of vibration. Dead, processed foods have a lower level of vibration and life force, so they provide less life-force energy and tend to lower our vibrational levels. By eating more live, RAW foods, we are able to raise our vibrational levels and strengthen our life-force energy. By raising our vibratory levels, we can become more ‘in tune’ physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually with ourselves, with others and with nature.
    You figure whales live on phyto-plankton! It must be very high energy stuff!
    You're absolutely correct that eating raw raises your vibratory rate. Eating fruit only raises it even more. Along with a few friends who were doing a totally fruit diet (no vegetables, no nuts) for several months, I got to the point where even going shopping was uncomfortable. My friends and husband who were also on the diet had the same experiences. Because you can feel all the energy around you more intensely and sense people's thoughts and feel their mood, etc., it can become a lot more difficult to lead a "normal" life. You can feel and see the vibrations/energy of food and it can really nauseate you just walking around a grocery store filled with junk foods and chemicals. It also became more unpleasant going anywhere where there were people as it is not often comfortable if you constantly feel others feelings and can't turn it off. I would NEVER want to have constant mental telepathy while living here in a human body.

It's one thing to speculate about living with a "5th dimensional" vibration (although I'm not sure if that accurately describes it) and it's another to actually live with a highly raised vibration. I guess that's why many who raise their frequency so high become ascetics, renounce all worldly things and go live somewhere remote. The fastest way to raise your vibration is to eat fruit only. Eventually you should get to where you need only absorb energy from the sun. But having gotten to a state of living with a greatly increased frequency, I found I did not like it after several months.

I decided I was here to participate more in this human life, so the radical diet had to cease. A combination of raw vegetables, fruit and superfoods is a lot more grounding as it does not raise your vibratory rate to as fast a frequency as a diet of only fruit. There is one thing for sure and that is...raw vegetables, fruits and juices are incredibly healing to the body. I think a long term healthy diet would be more along the lines of the "primal diet", including raw or extremely rare meat, milk and eggs.

We each have to experiment to know what suits us. What works for one will not work for all. It not only depends on your metabolic type but each of us are able to handle different degrees of intense frequencies. If you want to be in a 5th dimensional frequency it's a lot easier to just leave your body. You can then experience the higher frequencies out of body. Your astral body or spirit body is designed to handle these frequencies. The human body is designed to deal with earth life and earth energies, which are very dense. In my experience you don't have to maintain any particular diet to be successful at leaving your body, even though many spiritual paths would have you believe otherwise.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

58andfixed (23rd October 2011), Belle (22nd October 2011), christian (22nd October 2011), Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), Lord Sidious (23rd October 2011), luminuma (24th October 2011), merkabagirll (8th November 2011), sunflower (24th October 2011)

37. Link to Post #20
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Eating raw!!. I juice raw dont know if it is what you wanted but, if you can get the balance right then you will feel fitter, feel better and so full of energy that you will lose sleep. You will lose weight to the extent that without excercise you will trim down, in a natural way.

Hope that helps..

Ammit
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

Holly Lindin (23rd October 2011), Lord Sidious (23rd October 2011), music (23rd October 2011), NancyV (23rd October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast