+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MedMob in Sydney 11/11/11 - Who is going?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 times in 292 posts

Thumbs up MedMob in Sydney 11/11/11 - Who is going?

Hello everyone!

Since 11/11/11/ is coming up, I was wondering if anyone in Sydney or close, was planning on attending the MedMob in Sydney? I'm actually thinking of attending and it would be lovely to be able to meet some of you if you are going.

http://medmobsydney.wordpress.com/

Link says:

"Flash-Mob Meditation on Tarpeian Lawn, Royal Botanical Gardens with stunning Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Foreshore views, coordinated with over 100 cities across the world!!!

Join us on the 11th November for Sydney’s first ‘Silent Spectacle’ – MedMobs Sydney’s Official Inauguration.

ARRIVAL: We’ll start arriving around 10:30am to connect with others before the meditation begins. At 10:55am we will spread throughout the sitting area outside, being conscious to keep public pathways open. Bring a mat or cushion to sit on.

Silence will begin at 11am sharp in accordance with Remembrance Day tradition.

Then the 1 hour seated silent meditation begins! You can come for all of it, part of it, or kick back and bask in the peace. You’re presence is valued far more than your ability to sit the entire time!

NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, EVERYONE WELCOME!!!

COME AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE!

We have no religious agenda and we welcome all beings, from all walks of life to join us for the mutual goal of peace, harmony and commonality. The more, the merrier!!!

BIKE, take bus, train, or Carpool to the event! The nearest station is Circular Quay and the Tarpeian Lawn is only a short walk away. If you need to catch a bus, please visit the Sydney Buses Website.

Map and directions will be posted on the event page, the MedMobSydney Facebook as well at the WordPress Blog.

http://www.sydneybuses.inf​o/

You can participate in all or part of the following.

MEDITATION: 11am – 12pm we will be sitting in silent meditation. Make sure not to block any public pathways, otherwise, sit anywhere you like… spread out all over the place and lets create a profound experience. Show up early and connect or you can show up anytime between 11am and 12pm and start sitting.

FAMILIES and NON-MEDITATORS: If you have children, please come and sit or play nearby, while holding a deep intention with us. Your beautiful, loving energy will deepen the experience for everyone!

SOUND BATH: At 12pm we will begin the sound bath. We will all gather in one spot at the centre of our group to do an 11 minute sound bath. We will ommmm and expand it into the world. When you hear the sound bath begin just start to congregate in the center. After the sound bath, the MedMob is officially over and the rest of our day begins!

MedMob’s Goal:

1. To expose the World to meditation through public display of meditation.

2. To create an environment for people from all walks of life to come together in meditation.

3. To come together as a Global Community to send positive intentions out into the world.

Visit www.MedMob.org for more details on setting up an event in your city.

We’re riding the wave at the forefront of Evolution!

http://www.facebook.com/medmobsydney

http://www.medmobsydney.wordpress.com

http://www.twitter.com/medmobsydney

and you can RSVP via facebook here…(feel free to invite friends)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=219082058137084"

This will be a first time experience for me and I hope lots of you will feel curious enough to come and have a look!

~ Without a rich heart, wealth is an ugly beggar. ~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flasky For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (25th October 2011), Lisab (24th October 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Default Re: MedMob in Sydney 11/11/11 - Who is going?

Thought I'd bump this for you Flasky just in case anyone Av's in Oz missed it. I think a few of us here are going to join in on a group med on that day. Ive taken the day off work. Hope you have a great day. Im sure you'll meet lots of interesting people there even if noone from Av is going. Love Lisa

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Flasky (25th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (25th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 442 posts

Hey there Flasky. Thanks for that. I was looking for a way to do my bit to shift global consciousness on 11/11!
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Flasky (25th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (25th October 2011), Lisab (24th October 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lisab (here)
    Thought I'd bump this for you Flasky just in case anyone Av's in Oz missed it. I think a few of us here are going to join in on a group med on that day. Ive taken the day off work. Hope you have a great day. Im sure you'll meet lots of interesting people there even if noone from Av is going. Love Lisa
    Thank you for the bump! Yeah, I am getting the feeling that not many will go...lol...but that is ok! Really cool you guys organized to meet up on that day, wish I could join! But yes, you are right. I'll probably meet other interesting people..!

Quote Posted by Andre (here)
    Hey there Flasky. Thanks for that. I was looking for a way to do my bit to shift global consciousness on 11/11!
    Hey! You are welcome...Didn't realize you wrote me here lol. So does that mean you are going?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flasky For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (25th October 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Hi Flasky in my case not meeting up with anyone just staying at home and joining in with others from around the world. A few in the Here and Now thread etc. Also people like Dr Emoto are organizing world meds, You dont have to go to one altho it would be nice!x

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Flasky (25th October 2011), Heyoka_11 (25th October 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Sorry Lisa, I think I miss-read your reply.

Ok, I understand what you are saying. TBH, I'd be really curious to know what it feels like to meditate with so many people - the possible atmosphere is very alluring to me. The date sort of an added bonus! And in another way I thought I could meet some fellow Avalonian Ozzies...! But all is good, I am sure one day soon in a way or the other.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flasky For This Post:

Lisab (25th October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread