+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Find the Beauty - Share the Beauty

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

Default Find the Beauty - Share the Beauty

A few weeks ago I had to rescue a guy from the bush near my home. At the time I had a herniated disc and excrutiating sciatic pain. It was night time, and I was cutting a track through thick vegetation to allow the ambulance people to get to him. At one point as I cut through a giant stinging tree with my brush hook, my light flew from my hand and turned off, leaving me in total darkness. I was in intense pain, the man I was trying to save was close to death, and I was very, very tired. Then I noticed that the rock walls of the gully were alive with glow worms, little points of light as far as I could see. I decided to take a few seconds to drink in the beauty. I did, and it invigorated me, and made the rest of my task possible.

A man is fleeing from a hungry tiger, and is backed up to a cliff. Facing certain death, he leaps, and manages to catch hold of a bush halfway down. He looks down to see if there is a safe place to land, when he sees a second hungry tiger prowling below. Then, the roots of the bush begin to tear from the rock. It is then the man notices the berries on the bush. With his free hand he reaches out for some and puts them in his mouth. With certain death above, and certain death below, the man enjoys the most beautiful sensual experience of his life as he savours the luscious fruits.

I would be honoured if others shared moments of beauty that inspired them here.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Caren (29th October 2011), Eagle (26th October 2011), enfoldedblue (29th October 2011), Fred Steeves (28th October 2011), GCS1103 (29th October 2011), Holly Lindin (16th November 2012), jorr lundstrom (29th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (26th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011), nearing (29th October 2011), selinam (26th October 2011), transitionalman (28th October 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 times in 526 posts

Default Re: Find the Beauty - Share the Beauty

Quote Posted by music (here)
    A few weeks ago I had to rescue a guy from the bush near my home. At the time I had a herniated disc and excrutiating sciatic pain. It was night time, and I was cutting a track through thick vegetation to allow the ambulance people to get to him. At one point as I cut through a giant stinging tree with my brush hook, my light flew from my hand and turned off, leaving me in total darkness. I was in intense pain, the man I was trying to save was close to death, and I was very, very tired. Then I noticed that the rock walls of the gully were alive with glow worms, little points of light as far as I could see. I decided to take a few seconds to drink in the beauty. I did, and it invigorated me, and made the rest of my task possible.

A man is fleeing from a hungry tiger, and is backed up to a cliff. Facing certain death, he leaps, and manages to catch hold of a bush halfway down. He looks down to see if there is a safe place to land, when he sees a second hungry tiger prowling below. Then, the roots of the bush begin to tear from the rock. It is then the man notices the berries on the bush. With his free hand he reaches out for some and puts them in his mouth. With certain death above, and certain death below, the man enjoys the most beautiful sensual experience of his life as he savours the luscious fruits.

I would be honoured if others shared moments of beauty that inspired them here.
    I loved your story from before, I always felt at one with nature when I would climb to the top of one of the highest peaks where I live and see the surrounding country side from all angles, on a clear day you could see forever, the warmth of the sun on my face and the clear air as it blew by my face and at that very moment I felt like a could take off like an Eagle and soar over the land(even those I dont like hights).
    Last edited by Eagle; 26th October 2011 at 20:59.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eagle For This Post:

Caren (29th October 2011), enfoldedblue (29th October 2011), Fred Steeves (28th October 2011), GCS1103 (29th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (26th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011), music (26th October 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thanks Dig, and thanks for your reply. A tough physical workout like climbing a mountain is a real mind-clearer, that's for sure. I think we see beauty more easily when our minds are clear

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Caren (29th October 2011), Fred Steeves (28th October 2011), GCS1103 (29th October 2011), Holly Lindin (16th November 2012), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (29th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Really avalon, are you telling me that this community is no better than wider society? Nobody wants to share beauty or good news? Are we only interested in how bad things are in the world? That's a bit sad.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to music For This Post:

markoid (29th October 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Hi Music, wonderful thread!!!! i live near Giant City State park, and when I go there I am always in awe of the beauty and majic that exists there in the bluff and trees. One day I was hiking around and It was so quiet you could hear nothing but the rustle of a couple leaves, when right in front of me appeared 4 beautiful yellow tiger swallowtail butterflies. they danced and frolicked, all around me, above my head, and around as if playing ring around the rosy with me. It was one of those moments that you know you will never experience again in life. it lasted for about 5 or 6 entire minutes.I felt a true spiritual connection that I cannot even describe in words, and I will always remember the true existence of the beauty, and gratitude for our humble creator.

ps I tried snapping a photo with my phone but, they weren't too keen on posing. lol

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Caren (29th October 2011), enfoldedblue (29th October 2011), GCS1103 (29th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (29th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011), music (28th October 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    Hi Music, wonderful thread!!!! i live near Giant City State park, and when I go there I am always in awe of the beauty and majic that exists there in the bluff and trees. One day I was hiking around and It was so quiet you could hear nothing but the rustle of a couple leaves, when right in front of me appeared 4 beautiful yellow tiger swallowtail butterflies. they danced and frolicked, all around me, above my head, and around as if playing ring around the rosy with me. It was one of those moments that you know you will never experience again in life. it lasted for about 5 or 6 entire minutes.I felt a true spiritual connection that I cannot even describe in words, and I will always remember the true existence of the beauty, and gratitude for our humble creator.

ps I tried snapping a photo with my phone but, they weren't too keen on posing. lol
    Thanks Starchild. I love butterflies, as they remind me of our own metamorphosis. I would say your encounter with the butterflies was a sign that you are on the right track I also look for dragonflies, as they remind us to look to our unconscious, and to trust it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Caren (29th October 2011), GCS1103 (29th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (29th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Thanks Starchild. I love butterflies, as they remind me of our own metamorphosis. I would say your encounter with the butterflies was a sign that you are on the right track I also look for dragonflies, as they remind us to look to our unconscious, and to trust it.

Yes, I do love dragonflies too, especially when they are not quite as shy as the butterflies. They often land on my toes while i am sunbathing. The strange thing with the butterfly encounter is that I rarely see a butterfly deep in the woods. They usually hang out in the fields and prairie grasslands where flowers are plentiful. I truly felt that this was a very special message for me. It literally brought me to tears immediately after, as I was incredibly moved.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Caren (29th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (29th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011), music (28th October 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Yes, I do love dragonflies too, especially when they are not quite as shy as the butterflies. They often land on my toes while i am sunbathing. The strange thing with the butterfly encounter is that I rarely see a butterfly deep in the woods. They usually hang out in the fields and prairie grasslands where flowers are plentiful. I truly felt that this was a very special message for me. It literally brought me to tears immediately after, as I was incredibly moved.
    We are constantly being given signs by this benevolent creation of ours. All we need do is have an open heart, and to remain unchanged by all that is counter to Love. Thank you so much for allowing us to feel the beauty of your experience.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Caren (29th October 2011), Holly Lindin (16th November 2012), jorr lundstrom (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (29th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011), Sidney (29th October 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

I love to watch nature. Because nature works very well to mirror the beauty

that is inside us humans. We are Gaias special love affair and she is my

special love affair. One can start with a flower of a common house plant

and behold the beauty in that and then walk out in nature and behold the

beauty in all and everything.

This butterfly is called Admiral in Sweden, it doesnt winter here but comes here every

summer to lay their eggs on nettles. Can you see that there is written 98 on the under-

side of the backwing. Thats the same on every Admiral. LOL

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Caren (29th October 2011), enfoldedblue (29th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (29th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011), music (29th October 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

A few days ago I was at the beach just minutes from our house. It was warm and sunny; one of those days when it was difficult to tell where the ocean stopped and the sky started - breathtaking blues!
    I was sitting in the warm sand watching the gulls play. Two very large and beautiful Ospreys landed nearby - all the gulls scattered quickly. I then watched a thin ribbon of mist come off the cold water and travel down the long stretch of sand.. so magical! A day that will not soon be forgotten.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caren For This Post:

enfoldedblue (29th October 2011), jorr lundstrom (29th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (29th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011), music (29th October 2011), Sidney (29th October 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caren (here)
    A few days ago I was at the beach just minutes from our house. It was warm and sunny; one of those days when it was difficult to tell where the ocean stopped and the sky started - breathtaking blues!
    I was sitting in the warm sand watching the gulls play. Two very large and beautiful Ospreys landed nearby - all the gulls scattered quickly. I then watched a thin ribbon of mist come off the cold water and travel down the long stretch of sand.. so magical! A day that will not soon be forgotten.
    I love Ospreys, and all raptors actually. It is wonderful when seperate little pieces of magic combine.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by jorr lundstrom (here)
    Can you see that there is written 98 on the under-

Or a 9 and infinity? So when two come together we get 69 + infinity x 2

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Caren (30th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011), Lord Sidious (29th October 2011), markoid (29th October 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member markoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 479 posts

Quote Posted by jorr lundstrom (here)
    Can you see that there is written 98 on the under-

So there is! It looks like 98 and a degrees sign after it to me... very cool.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markoid For This Post:

Caren (30th October 2011), Lisab (29th October 2011)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I am resurecting this share beauty thread with some beautiful pictures. The theme of the thread is finding the beauty amidst the turmoil and uncertainty and fear of our current consensual reality. I have been fire fighting this week, and as most of you won't have fought forest or bush fires, I will tell you that it is a smokey, hot, frightening trip to hell interspersed with periods of boredom. These photos I took while on the fireline are, for me, real works of art. A good example of beauty found in the face of adversity. Please share your own stories or photos.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

Caren (27th October 2012), Holly Lindin (16th November 2012)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Thanks, guys! Whale celebrates the freedom of its friend cut free from lobster nets with incredible leap by hero fishermen's boat

This whale was literally jumping for joy after a rescue crew saved her friend from drowning. These extraordinary photos show a humpback whale 'celebrating' after another female was cut free from stray ropes attached to old lobster pots. The stunning images were captured by Christine Callaghan, 62, off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada. She said: 'I've seen many breaches, and they are always awesome. But this one was different and special in a way that made my throat tighten.'

Source article
    Last edited by music; 8th October 2013 at 20:26.
    Magic is the Intelligence of Love in Action

+ Reply to Thread