Thread: Sion

1. Link to Post #61
    Australia Avalon Member realitycorrodes's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Sion

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11543891
    www.rense.com/general48/Palestinians.pdf

Hum Immunol. 2001 Sep;62(9):889-900.
    The origin of Palestinians and their genetic relatedness with other Mediterranean populations.
    Abstract
    The genetic profile of Palestinians has, for the first time, been studied by using human leukocyte antigen (HLA) gene variability and haplotypes. The comparison with other Mediterranean populations by using neighbor-joining dendrograms and correspondence analyses reveal that Palestinians are genetically very close to Jews and other Middle East populations, including Turks (Anatolians), Lebanese, Egyptians, Armenians, and Iranians. Archaeologic and genetic data support that both Jews and Palestinians came from the ancient Canaanites, who extensively mixed with Egyptians, Mesopotamian, and Anatolian peoples in ancient times. Thus, Palestinian-Jewish rivalry is based in cultural and religious, but not in genetic, differences. The relatively close relatedness of both Jews and Palestinians to western Mediterranean populations reflects the continuous circum-Mediterranean cultural and gene flow that have occurred in prehistoric and historic times. This flow overtly contradicts the demic diffusion model of western Mediterranean populations substitution by agriculturalists coming from the Middle East in the Mesolithic-Neolithic transition.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to realitycorrodes For This Post:

crested-duck (31st October 2011), Lord Sidious (31st October 2011), Reinhard (31st October 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    Australia Avalon Member realitycorrodes's Avatar
    Thanks

Journal axes gene research on Jews and Palestinians
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001...genetics/print

Journal axes gene research on Jews and Palestinians reddit this Robin McKie, science editor The Observer, Sunday 25 November 2001 11.24 GMT larger | smaller Article history
    A keynote research paper showing that Middle Eastern Jews and Palestinians are genetically almost identical has been pulled from a leading journal.
    Academics who have already received copies of Human Immunology have been urged to rip out the offending pages and throw them away.

Such a drastic act of self-censorship is unprecedented in research publishing and has created widespread disquiet, generating fears that it may involve the suppression of scientific work that questions Biblical dogma.

'I have authored several hundred scientific papers, some for Nature and Science, and this has never happened to me before,' said the article's lead author, Spanish geneticist Professor Antonio Arnaiz-Villena, of Complutense University in Madrid. 'I am stunned.'

British geneticist Sir Walter Bodmer added: 'If the journal didn't like the paper, they shouldn't have published it in the first place. Why wait until it has appeared before acting like this?'

The journal's editor, Nicole Sucio-Foca, of Columbia University, New York, claims the article provoked such a welter of complaints over its extreme political writing that she was forced to repudiate it. The article has been removed from Human Immunology's website, while letters have been written to libraries and universities throughout the world asking them to ignore or 'preferably to physically remove the relevant pages'. Arnaiz-Villena has been sacked from the journal's editorial board.

Dolly Tyan, president of the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics, which runs the journal, told subscribers that the society is 'offended and embarrassed'.

The paper, 'The Origin of Palestinians and their Genetic Relatedness with other Mediterranean Populations', involved studying genetic variations in immune system genes among people in the Middle East.

In common with earlier studies, the team found no data to support the idea that Jewish people were genetically distinct from other people in the region. In doing so, the team's research challenges claims that Jews are a special, chosen people and that Judaism can only be inherited.

Jews and Palestinians in the Middle East share a very similar gene pool and must be considered closely related and not genetically separate, the authors state. Rivalry between the two races is therefore based 'in cultural and religious, but not in genetic differences', they conclude.

But the journal, having accepted the paper earlier this year, now claims the article was politically biased and was written using 'inappropriate' remarks about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Its editor told the journal Nature last week that she was threatened by mass resignations from members if she did not retract the article.

Arnaiz-Villena says he has not seen a single one of the accusations made against him, despite being promised the opportunity to look at the letters sent to the journal.

He accepts he used terms in the article that laid him open to criticism. There is one reference to Jewish 'colonists' living in the Gaza strip, and another that refers to Palestinian people living in 'concentration' camps.

'Perhaps I should have used the words settlers instead of colonists, but really, what is the difference?' he said.

'And clearly, I should have said refugee, not concentration, camps, but given that I was referring to settlements outside of Israel - in Syria and Lebanon - that scarcely makes me anti-Jewish. References to the history of the region, the ones that are supposed to be politically offensive, were taken from the Encyclopaedia Britannica, and other text books.'

In the wake of the journal's actions, and claims of mass protests about the article, several scientists have now written to the society to support Arnaiz-Villena and to protest about their heavy-handedness.

One of them said: 'If Arnaiz-Villena had found evidence that Jewish people were genetically very special, instead of ordinary, you can be sure no one would have objected to the phrases he used in his article. This is a very sad business.'
    Last edited by realitycorrodes; 31st October 2011 at 09:40.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to realitycorrodes For This Post:

crested-duck (31st October 2011), Lord Sidious (31st October 2011), noprophet (31st October 2011), Reinhard (31st October 2011)

5. Link to Post #63
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)

Go find a copy, read it, come back here, tell me that most of them are not in place?
    Ah ok, so basically you don't know for a fact.
    Last edited by FraterJames; 31st October 2011 at 14:48.

6. Link to Post #64
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by FraterJames (here)

Go find a copy, read it, come back here, tell me that most of them are not in place?
    I said that so we didn't get into puerile games.
    I see my attempt failed.
    Do you have anything to contribute, or are you just gonna mess around?

7. Link to Post #65
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Do not oppose the Emperor's will, for he has agile fingers from which lightning is shot outwards. Hallowed be thy name, oh Lord.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

crested-duck (31st October 2011), GCS1103 (31st October 2011), Lord Sidious (31st October 2011), Referee (31st October 2011), Reinhard (31st October 2011), Unified Serenity (1st November 2011)

9. Link to Post #66
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I see my attempt failed.
    Apologies if I have caused offence, that was not my intention. I was merely trying to establish whether you were indeed in the possession of new factual information about the protocols.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FraterJames For This Post:

crested-duck (31st October 2011), Davidallany (31st October 2011), Lord Sidious (31st October 2011)

11. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

I see my attempt failed.
    Apologies if I have caused offence, that was not my intention. I was merely trying to establish whether you were indeed in the possession of new factual information about the protocols.
    No, my apologies, I thought you were extracting the michael.

12. Link to Post #68
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

No, my apologies, I thought you were extracting the michael.
    I probably need to be more careful with my choice of words, thanks for the kind reply

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FraterJames For This Post:

crested-duck (31st October 2011), Davidallany (31st October 2011), Lord Sidious (31st October 2011)

14. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Once upon a time….
    Mission
    Intension
    Supervision
    Invasion
    Diversion
    Incision
    Precision
    Envision
    Illusion
    Version
    Oppression
    Indecision
    Recession
    Tension
    Aggression
    Expression
    Division
    Confusion
    Delusion
    Decision
    Diffusion
    Regression
    Evasion
    Revision
    Passion
    Obsession
    Compassion
    Confession
    Intermission
    Permission
    Inclusion
    Dimension
    Secession
    Conclusion
    The End
    --
    Peace

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

crested-duck (31st October 2011), Davidallany (1st November 2011), Lord Sidious (31st October 2011), noprophet (31st October 2011), Referee (31st October 2011), Reinhard (31st October 2011)

16. Link to Post #70
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Quote Posted by Peace of Mind (here)
    Once upon a time….
    Mission
    Intension
    Supervision
    Invasion
    Diversion
    Incision
    Precision
    Envision
    Illusion
    Version
    Oppression
    Indecision
    Recession
    Tension
    Aggression
    Expression
    Division
    Confusion
    Delusion
    Decision
    Diffusion
    Regression
    Evasion
    Revision
    Passion
    Obsession
    Compassion
    Confession
    Intermission
    Permission
    Inclusion
    Dimension
    Secession
    Conclusion
    The End
    --
    Peace
    Nice list, so I wonder when this once upon a time took place concerning

those words, ie when did those words get into the English language????

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Davidallany (2nd November 2011), Lord Sidious (1st November 2011)

18. Link to Post #71
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

All I will say is thanks sid and I hope we can completely avoid the whole issue of the protocols of the learned elders of zion on this thread. I like the word play going on with this thread. Looking forward to more interesting uses of the word in it's various forms.

19. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    All I will say is thanks sid and I hope we can completely avoid the whole issue of the protocols of the learned elders of zion on this thread. I like the word play going on with this thread. Looking forward to more interesting uses of the word in it's various forms.
    But you just mentioned it!
    So I guess you smashed your own hopes.

20. Link to Post #73
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    But you just mentioned it!
    So I guess you smashed your own hopes.
    oh stop it! I hereby say "away with that aspect" and let us continue on as we were, forgive me dear Lord.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4